• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Fae Academy (Closed)

Jack had woken up that morning and noticed the pair on the couch... it made him cringe. But it was really none of his business. If Emorie wanted a guy like that then so be it. Or maybe she was just cold? Jack didn't like to jump to conclusions. Instead he was figuring his way around this kitchen. Finding the pots and pans, utensils, whatever else. Warm breakfast would be good for everyone after the day they had. Running away from their home. Losing their parents to imprisonment and some even having to say goodbye forever. It just was a hell of a day. 

Living the way that Jack's family did, you learned to be resourceful. Live off the land and all of that shit. The day earlier he had taken some of the more perishable items and created a small dig out in the snow and buried them. So this morning? Skillet pan, potatoes, eggs and meat. That was the basics at least. It would fill them up and warm them up. 

Once everyone started to stir, Jack listened from where he was cooking. Every so often he would let out a small sigh or groan. Though when Jade came over to grab a water he gave her a small look, "I really can't believe this at all. She's hated that guy for years now." It was true! Emorie hated Diadel when Ellsie was dating him so it just didn't make any sense to him.

"Also, I think your sister could use a friend. I doubt she wants to hear from Diadel or Emorie right now and she's been sitting outside for a while... Want to tell her food is ready?"

Aris watched Emorie run out of the house and felt bad for her. She reeked of alcohol, and she knew just as well as anyone the way alcohol clouded your judgement. Exhibit A, sleeping with Kai. She was trashed. Upset about what happened with Jade. She couldn't imagine drinking after her moms death. Aris probably would have slept with anyone to try to make her feel better. Emorie didn't need Aris comforting her right now, she needed some time alone. 

Slowly she stood to her feet and wiped her watering eyes. It wasn't her business what anyone did in the house. Why was she getting so upset about it anyhow? Still, just thinking about it was upsetting. She wasn't angry, just hurt. Why? She didn't know. 

She made her way back inside and gave a small shrug. "I don't know why everyone is freaking out. Shit happens." Aris had officially given up. You could have probably run her over with a truck and she wouldn't have cared. If she detached herself from everything then nothing could hurt her, right? "I'm not hungry Jack, thanks though." She gave him a small pathetic smile before climbing back onto the loft and under the blankets to hide from the world. 

"Have you ever been an emotional drunk girl? They sleep with anything. That's why I never get too drunk. Just the perfect fun drunk." Truth be told Jade was still pure. Mostly. She had fooled around once or twice with Daniel back at home, but after what happened with her mom? She was saving herself for the one. She didn't want to get stuck with a child and have that child feel as cursed as she did. An angel demon wolf hybrid? She felt bad for the kid just at the thought of it! She peeked over Jack's shoulder to see what he was cooking. He was good! Way better than the burgers Kai had made last night. Hey, at least he tried though. "Oh, my sister?" Her brows raised curiously as he spoke. That still felt weird to say! It wasn't acceptable to want Aris dead anymore, right? "Okay. Fine. I'll get her." She went to walk to the door but stopped when Aris walked on through. A piece of her heart broke for her. The look of defeat was written all over her face. 

"Oh, Aris..." Jade gently bit on her lip to stop her from saying anything else. What help would Jade be? "I'll go get Emorie, then." She wrapped the blanket around her tightly as she walked outside, shivering as soon as the cold hit her face. "Emorie, Jack made breakfast!" She walked on over to the spot they buried Nim at, smiling slightly at her. "Diadel said you guys didn't do anything. Just cried and talked. He sounds like he's being honest. and if he did sleep with you he would take claim to it, right? Succubus's don't like to lie about who they've slept with." Was this working? She hoped it did. 

Ferris stopped growling as soon as Diadel started to explain what happened. What reason did he have to lie? He had been pining after her for months now! If he did sleep with her then he would have fessed up to it, right? The giant wolf quickly shifted back into his human form, sighing loudly. "I believe him." He took the blanket that had been on Diadel and Emorie and walked outside to see Emorie and Jade. "Hey guys." He wrapped the blanket around Emorie's shoulders and stroked her hair slowly. "Emmie, you're okay. You just cried and talked to him." He shone her his gentle Ferris smile and sat down next to her. He still felt a little weird after what happened last night. As much as he wanted to sleep with her though he couldn't! "Em, about last night. I-I'm sorry. I'm sorry I turned you away and upset you even more, and I'm sorry I made you run into Diadel's arms. I should have been the one comforting you, but I thought you just needed some space." 

"Don't tell me to shut my mouth you annoying little piece of-" Kai coughed loudly and cleared his throat when Aris walked back in, shaking his head. Nope. Nope. Being good today. The last thing they needed was a fight. Things were supposed to be calm. "Ellsie. Come get some breakfast." He grabbed a plate and sat it at the small table with a sigh. "Thanks for cooking Jack." He walked over to Ellsie and gently grabbed her hand, leading her over to the spot at the table and sitting her down. "Forget about him. Your sister is smart enough to where she wouldn't make that mistake, okay?" He shone her a gentle smile and glanced up at the loft. "I'll go get her down. You sit here and eat. Ferris is getting your sister. So just, relax okay?" He handed her a bottle of water before moving to the lounge.

"Aris. Stop sulking and come down to eat. Starving yourself isn't going to make you feel any better, and it's not making anyone come back." A little harsh? Probably. He didn't know how to be gentle. 

Emorie jumped a tiny bit when Jade spoke up, turning to look at her with her hand over her heart, "If I could have a heart attack I would have just had one." She shook out her hair and gave Jade the best smile she could. It was good to hear that nothing actually happened, and it was sweet of Jade to come out here and try to make her feel a little better. The thing was that she still felt like trash about it. Despite whatever details happened, Emorie knew two things; she made an ass out of herself and tried to get the wrong type of attention from both Ferris and Diadel. And she was never drinking like that again. Ever. "Thanks Jade, I'll head in..." Before Emorie could stand up though, Ferris was making his way over to them. 

There was no reason to be mad at Ferris. Not one. But Emorie was in pain and irrational and wanted to scream at him. Not because he didn't sleep with her, she was actually really thankful for that. No, she was angry because of that comment about thinking she needed space. A lot of space just freed up in her life considering her mother was dead! That was the last thing she needed! What she needed was a friend last night! Someone to sit with her and talk just like Diadel did. Ferris and Emorie had been close since damn near birth and he wasn't there.

"You don't have to be sorry..." Emorie closed her eyes for a moment and tried to keep the words from coming out of her mouth but she had never been one to censor herself, "I'm happy you turned me away. I was being stupid and trying all the wrong things to get attention. I just wish that when you told me no, you offered to talk to me. Not send me to bed." Emorie pulled away from his hand and stood up, handing him back the blanket and shrugging her shoulders, "I guess I'm sorry for wanting too much." God, she really didn't mean to be such a bitch. But it was said and done. So Emorie turned and looked at Jade with a small smile, "Let's go eat." Then she walked inside and took a place at the table, barely touching the food.

Ellsie sighed and sat at the table, moving the food around with her fork and trying to keep herself from flipping out on everyone. The hunger from last night was even worse now, eating away at her ten fold and the great food that Jack made wasn't helping fill the void. Emorie was going off the edge. Ellsie was trying to remain normal but it was just too damn hard! When her parents told her about this school Ellsie wasn't happy, she LIKED playing human! She didn't LIKE BEING THIS THING! She was a MONSTER! Now this world they lived in had taken their mother, Emorie was becoming this dark... twisted teen angst filled brat and who knows if her dad was okay! 

Ellsie looked at Kai and let go another heavy sigh. "Yeah well Emorie also used to never run or jump like a vampire and here we are." She grumbled slightly and finished off her food just as her sister dropped into a seat around the table. 

"Listen, i'm sorry if I wasn't very comforting last night..." Ellsie reached over and touched her sisters hand lightly. Ellsie probably should have offered her sister some love last night but she just went to bed. Everyone coped differently but still... she should have tried. As she smiled at her sister, something made her perk up in her seat. Her hazel eyes slowly turned to a deep ruby red and she could feel her fangs poking at her bottom lip. In her nose she could smell the faint odor of iron. "Oh no..." Ellsie quickly stood up and held her hands over her mouth and nose. Blood wasn't even appetizing to her! It turned her stomach. But now? Now she was so hungry that she could distinctly smell each different type of blood in the room and her head was swarmed with the hunger. 

Last edited by a moderator:
"Ah but are you saying Ellsie made a mistake too then Kai? That's awfully rude to say to a lady. And in front of the knight in shining armor even!" Diadel fake gasped as he sat down at the table, motioning to Jack with his thumb in relation to the knight comment. All of these people were really getting on his nerves. They all wanted to act so high and mighty but they all had faults. Though they all really enjoyed pointing fingers at him every single time they thought something bad happened. Hell, it was surprising that they didn't blame him for the two deaths. Okay... maybe that was a little much. 

When Aris finally came inside he looked over at her and frowned slightly. "Yeah except shit DIDN'T happen!" Why did he even gave a shit what she thought? Maybe it was because she was so obviously upset and this shit this morning didn't seem to be helping anyone. When Aris went up into the loft he pushed his hand through his pink hair and just continued eating his food. Kai was trying to get her to come down but just leave her alone. Her mom just died, she was up there laying down and safe. At least she wasn't sulking outside anymore. 

Then Ellsie was suddenly standing and holding her hands to her face. This happened once when they were dating... Why was this girl so against being a vampire? Diadel started to stand, "Just bite me again. I can deal." Then an idea hit him... "Wait shit.. isn't like wolf blood bad or something?"

Aris spent the rest of the day and night in bed. She didn't bother crawling out of bed until the next morning when she heard they were getting low on firewood. She needed some alone time anyway. Unfortunately for her Ferris immediately jumped on the get firewood train. He was a wolf and vampire, so the likelihood of him getting cold was slim to none. It didn't give her the alone time she wanted, but it also gave her a set of strong hands. Fine. She let him come with. 

It wasn't long before Ferris made his intentions clear. Make Diadel and Emorie jealous. She was part succubus, she could sleep with Ferris to get back at them. The goody two shoes coming up with that idea? It made her want to vomit. But at this point in her life Aris felt no emotions so why not? It was his bad idea. Why not go along with it? Well, she tried. It felt weird. Wrong. Dirty. So she quit. He ended up rubbing his wolf scent all over her so she'd at least smell like him. Weird...Ferris was really, really, really weird.

It took almost an hour for them to get back to the cabin, their hands full of firewood. "Ferris I really don't smell any difference whatsoever. I don't get why you did that." Unlike Ferris, Aris didn't have any supernatural sense of smell. Sight? Yes. Hearing? Of course. Strength? Sort of. Magic was more or less her forte. Ice magic, seduction...that was her strength. Wolves and vampires were physical creatures with enhanced senses, smell of course being one. So she couldn't smell what he could. She walked inside the cabin and threw down the firewood on the dwindling pile, letting out a long sigh. "That should be enough for a couple more days." Aris crashed onto the floor near the chair Diadel was sitting in and leaned against him. Usually she hated the warmth, but for some reason his was almost comforting. "Did we miss anything interesting? Did the Hollis and Amy characters come to liberate us yet?" Her long lashes closed over her tired blue eyes as she yawned quietly. 

Jade was exhausted. The cold, the depressing aura everyone had, the tension...it was exhausting to the poor little angel! She didn't know whether to feed off everyone's misery or to be exhausted by it, but she was so used to her angel side she chose exhaustion. And wasn't that best? Relax until the people came to get them. That's what Red wanted, right? Then they would do just that! Well, she would at least. And it seemed that Jack was pretty calm about the whole thing, too. And why wouldn't he be? 

By the time Aris and Ferris had gotten back she had fallen asleep with her head in Jack's lap. He had been something she quickly depended on. He was just so reliable...smart...admirable....amazing...and pretty much everything Daniel wasn't. Maybe that's why she liked him so much? Honestly he really confused her! Everything made so much sense before him. Why was he so nice all of the time? Everyone in her life was cruel and mean more often then not! So why the hell was he so bloody nice? "Mmm." Her blue eyes peeked open a little when they walked into the cabin. "Welcome back." Slowly she sat up and scooted closer to Jack, making sure that he was still covered by the blanket that had been covering the two of them. "Nope, no liberation. How long do you think they will be?" Thankfully Jade didn't rely on food for sustenance. Angels needed sunlight, demons needed misery. So as long as she got a little sun and spent the rest of her time in the miserable cabin she was fine. Aris seemed fine with feeding off of the misery, too. But eventually the others would run out of food!  

Diadel was a better friend to Emorie than Ferris was. That's what she basically told him, and it ruined him. He didn't sleep, he didn't eat. He just plotted. This was Diadel's fault, right? The fact that he sat up and talked to Emorie...Ferris's thoughts were clouded! She had been coming on to him! He was confused! He had wanted to sleep with her so bad, but it wasn't right. But he was only a guy! He couldn't be around her after that with a clear head! Did that make him a bad person? He didn't think so, but apparently Emorie did. And he was heartbroken. 

He spent all night tending to the fire. The wood pile was dying down, and when Aris offered to get firewood he was struck with a genius idea to piss off Diadel. Aris! He seemed to have a soft spot in that cold heart of his for her. He went with her and pitched his idea. She didn't seem too into it, but she said she'd try. He was nervous. Like, super nervous. It was his first time! Something he wanted with Emorie. He was going too far, wasn't he? Thankfully Aris called it off...so she agreed to let him rub his wolf fur all over her. Diadel would smell it and think something happened. That was good enough for him. 

"It'll work, trust me." He grinned slightly as he followed her inside, tossing double her amount of wood onto the pile. They would be set for at least a couple more days. Hopefully the didn't have to stay that long. He grabbed a bottle of water and leaned against the wall, taking a couple long drinks. "I never realized winter was so rough on this part of the country until we were forced to live in this cabin." He glanced over at Emorie and Ellsie, smiling slightly. "You guys doing okay?" He tossed another log onto the fire. Their mother had just died a few nights ago, of course they wouldn't be okay...but he hoped they'd be somewhat content. "Hollis and Amy live back in New York with my mom and dad. He's a big shot doctor, but Amy is a stay at home mom. She'll probably be the one to come get us. Well, that or Anastasia." The thought of Anastasia gave him goosebumps. She was a fiery little creature that one... 

Kai wasn't a chivalrous gentleman like Jack, and he wasn't a ladies man like Diadel, and he wasn't everyone's best friend like Ferris. But he was a good guy deep down inside his shallow exterior. When Diadel offered his blood to Ellsie he sighed. Vampires feeding off wolves? Ancient. Didn't happen anymore. Well, unless they were starving. Kai? He was one of the only non vampire wolf creatures. He slit his wrist and offered it to Ellsie and whoever else. He didn't say anything, he didn't do anything, he just let whatever happened happen. His blood was that of a sea gods. Slightly salty maybe? He didn't know, blood wasn't really his thing. But if the others needed it to survive? He'd gladly share. Besides, his blood replenished quickly. As soon as they were done with him though his wound refused to close. He played it off like it was no big deal, but inside he was freaking out. He found some medical supplies and wrapped up the cut tightly. This had never happened before. Kai healed within seconds of wounds. Why wasn't he healing now? 

Kai made eggs the next morning for everyone who was hungry. Himself? He was exhausted and really didn't have the energy to eat. He merely sat on the corner of the couch and drifted off into several naps. He had changed the bandage before everyone woke up and hid it under a pile of snow outside. The wound was still bleeding. Not as much as it initially did, but the fact remained. Something was wrong with him.

Everyone was pretty chill and calm. Depressed? Yes, but they were quiet. The thing that made him wake up was Aris and Ferris walking in with their big mouths. "You guys should learn that quietness is a desirable trait...." He sat up with a loud groan and ran his hand through his black mess of hair. He then realized why he was so exhausted. He had been out of the sea for weeks now. He hadn't showered in days. His body needed water! That was it! It had to be. What was he out of water? Just a weak demon with a large cut in his wrist. "I need to shower." He stood to his feet and practically toppled over. Was he dizzy? Oh, this was getting bad. He didn't even know if he would make it to the shower before he passed out again. 

Emorie spent her time sitting alone, either by the fire or in the loft, wherever there was less people. Aris seemed to have that same plan but thankfully they were both quiet. Emorie didn't want Ferris to see her near another male and instantly think she was sleeping with them. Okay, that wasn't really fair considering she was technically asleep with Diadel... but still!! Ellsie had her little breakdown the other night which just made Emorie roll her eyes. The others kind of freaked out... Kai even let her drink. Hell, Ellsie needed to get over it and just hunt like a normal person. Well vampire. Because if it, Emorie decided to go hunt today. She would take some of the mason jars that she found in the kitchen and make shift some blood bags. They wouldn't stay fresh nearly as long but would hopefully last until Amy and Hollis came.

Emorie came back inside right after Aris and Ferris, moving quickly to the table and taking off her coat before sitting down and looking at her sister. "There's blood outside in some jars stuck in the snow. If you get hungry again use that rather than making poor Kai chop himself open." 

When Ferris asked if she was okay, Emorie wanted to lose it. Of course she wasn't! He was being a dick and her mom died! "Fine." She said quickly,  not even wanting to look up at him. Looking at him made her want to cry. 

"Woah Kai!" Emorie couldn't focus on Ferris long because Kai was nearly falling over. He needed to shower ? What was up with that. "Ellsie, help him and I'll start boiling some water to put over the ice in the shower, I'm sure it's frozen solid..." Emorie for up and quickly started warming a giant pot of water. It shouldn't take long at all. "Will one of you boys take this out there when it's done..." she didn't want to chance seeing a naked Kai.

Ellsie was so thankful for what Kai did for her. Not many people were openly willing to let a vampire drink from them, even in the fae world. She couldn't blame them, two giant fangs coming at your skin? No thanks. She wouldn't do it either. Both Diadel and Kai offered but everyone was right, Diadel would have sufficed but if he tasted as bad as other wolves, ew. 

"Oh okay." Ellsie was sitting at the table playing solitaire when the others came in, giving her sister a smile at the mention of the jars. Ellsie could appreciate what her sister did for her, not that she enjoyed the killing of whatever animal Emorie took down but it was better than a human.

"If Ana comes we're all screwed. That little thing is going to wreck us.... we'd have to run full speed the whole way." Ellsie whined a little at the suggestion from Ferris. Though when Kai suddenly stood and nearly fell she jumped up from the table. "Are you okay?!" Her sister told her to help and with vampire speed she was quickly at Kais side, sliding her arm under his and giving him a small gentle smile. Was this because of her? Did she take too much blood... "Yeah shower. Come on..." Emorie was boiling water for the tank and Ellsie started to help Kai outside. 

Jack was trying oh so hard to not fall for this girl. With how much they were around each other, with how sweet she was, with this entire situation... it was impossible. If they were still at school? Yeah he would have liked her, he would have crushed, he would have debated and yeah Jack was pretty positive he would have still ended up here. But just hell... Jade was amazing. Besides the boyfriend. That was the only downfall. 

Jack was sitting in the couch with Jade on his lap. His hand resting against her hip and his head resting on the back of the couch. He was half asleep when Ferris and Aris came in and dropped the fire wood. "Really so loud?" Jack chuckled a little and put an arm around Jades shoulders when she scooted into his side. She was cold, that was his excuse. 

When Emorie said something about the blood Jack grimaced slightly, blood didn't really bother him but the idea of just chugging a bottle of blood was disgusting. 

When Kai stumbled and said something about a shower, Jack raised an eyebrow. What did showering have to do with him falling. "You okay mate? Looks like you need food more than cleanliness..."

Diadel was sitting on the couch, using one of his knives to carve into a piece of wood from the fire pile, slowly turning it into a stake.  Most people looked at him and assumed he was effeminate because of the pink hair and attention to his appearance but he was actually pretty out doorsy. A lot of things in his home were made by him, they had money but most times it was tied up with his mother. She would either be in some institution or running off leaving him the bare minimum for food. It got better when she was permanently admitted but up until then he fended for himself.

When Aris and Ferris came in he instantly could smell the overwhelming smell of the boy. Damn take a shower..: actually. "Damn Ferris take a shower. Hell it reeks of you." Diadel groaned a little. His new nose was a nuisance around all these people and a barely working shower. 

Then Aris sat in front of him and Diadel realized something. It wasn't that Ferris needed a shower... it was that Ferris was all of Aris. "Are you fucking kidding me?" Diadel growled, his yellow eyes narrowing at the wolf. Fuck whatever was going on with fish boy. He smelled like iron and salt for days. No. "You got so judgemental and then you two run off and fuck in the woods?!"

"K-Kai..." Aris bit at her lip as Kai stumbled forward. He looked rough. Pale, sick, bags under his eyes. He was a mess. He didn't need a shower, he needed water. Thankfully Ellsie moved to support him. "It's the fact that he needs water on his skin not that he thinks he needs a shower. He survives on water, food only keeps his physical body functioning for so long." Aris stood to help Kai, stopping as soon as Diadel growled. What the fuck. She turned around and gave him a curious look, pulling her shirt closer to her nose. "I seriously don't smell anything but the wood I was carrying..." These wolves were insane. "All we did was get the firewood. I don't know what you're talking about." Her eyes did a long roll before shooting a glare to Ferris. Diadel's freak attack was the last thing they needed right now. 

"You did this, now you can help carry Kai." She ran her hand through her hand in frustration. Where was this Ana?! She wanted to leave. "What are you getting your panties in a twist for, anyway? Settle down before you transform and break something."  She moved to the arm of the couch and sat on it next to Diadel. "What are you carving over there?" Anything to distract him. This was a horrible, horrible plan. Ferris was getting punched in the face. 

The moment Jack's arm moved around her shoulders she felt her cheeks heat. It should have felt wrong, the whole cuddling thing and what not. Right? Right. But why didn't it? They both were just so stressed about this situation, right? Yeah, that had to be it! So it was okay that she rested her head on his chest, right? Yeah. Right. She couldn't help but smile for a split second. Jack was the best...there was just no arguing with that. Hell, whenever she was with him she pretty much forgot about everything and everyone. 

After she argued with herself back and forth for a minute she realized some shit was going down. What was happening? Did she miss something? Kai was falling, and Diadel was going off on Ferris and Aris for sleeping together! As much as she disliked Aris she knew that she would never sleep with Ferris...and the same went for him! He only had eyes for Emorie! And Aris? She was heartless, she didn't have eyes for anyone! Right? "I don't smell anything either, I think you're losing it, Diadel. And besides, aren't you getting a little judgy? You've slept with like half the female population at school." Jade's eyes moved to Kai and landed on the bloodied bandage. "Hey, Kai? What's that?" 

Quickly she jumped up to her feet and yanked the arm that he had cut open. "I thought you said it would heal?" She unwrapped the bandage and winced slightly. It looked worse! Irritated, red, and it wasn't closing. "Okay, let's clear something up. I'm only good for one thing and one thing only, and that's healing. If this happens to anyone else, please come to me so I can feel somewhat useful to you guys. Kay?" Jade let out a frustrated sigh as her hands suddenly started to glow brightly around his wrist. The wound disappeared and his arm returned to normal within seconds. "There." Jade fell back onto the couch next to Jack with a loud huff and a small pout. "Now go take your shower. You won't bleed out now." Her eyes shot a small glare up at Jack, her brows raising curiously. "You'd tell me if you were hurt, right?" He was the one person she could rely on, she hoped he'd tell her things like that. 

Emorie's response made him sigh sadly. He was bad at this. Ferris was always the good guy, he never screwed up! This warranted an apology, right? "Emmie," He went to walk towards her only to stop in his tracks at a growl. Oh, his plan worked. Of course it did! And then Aris started to play the innocent card. And why shouldn't she? They didn't do anything! Well, kissed. A little. Awkwardly. But it was more or less a giant wolf nuzzling her for a couple minutes! So technically nothing happened, right? That wouldn't stop a territorial wolf from thinking what Ferris had intended him to think. "What are you talking about? Aris is right, nothing happened." Ferris gave a small shrug, struggling not to start laughing. No matter how much they denied it Diadel wouldn't believe them, and that was the best revenge ever! Wolves were territorial, that's why Ferris acted the way he did with what happened to Emorie. 

"Anyway." He moved over to Emorie and the hot water. "Here. I'll walk it to the shower." He leaned against the counter next to her, rubbing the back of his neck. "Hey, Emorie." It wasn't often he said her real name, usually calling her Em or Emmie, but when he did he was always serious. "I'm sorry. I was a shit friend to you. I should have talked to you, but instead I sent you away. I-I wish I could go back and fix it but I can't. I hope you can forgive me though, I hate fighting with you. And I'll never let you go to Diadel for comfort again, okay? I'll be the only shoulder you need." He gave her a gentle smile before picking up the pot of the water. "You don't need to accept my apology or anything, I'm not pressuring you...I just wanted to get that off of my chest. I'm here for you." He lifted the large pot of water and walked it outside, waiting for Kai and Ellsie to make their way to the shower. 

Kai let out a small groan as Ellsie jumped to help him. "I-I'm fine, I just. The water will help." His hand wrapped around her shoulders as he leaned against her slightly, grabbing onto her shoulder to help support him. He didn't want to admit he needed help but he did, he wasn't going to make it by himself. Didn't these people get it? He was a sea creature. He was literally a fish out of water! Thankfully Aris got it...though, he had confided in her his problems last year. There was a reason Kai took two showers a day back at school. 

Before they moved outside Jade was bouncing right before him. "Don't touch--" His eyes widened slightly as she pulled off the bandages. She didn't even flinch at the sight of blood. And the wound? It was gone. It was like he had never cut himself! "Thanks, Jade..." He gave her a small smile before he started to head for the shower. "I'd do it all again, you know." He grinned down at Ellsie as they walked outside. "Just I should probably remember to have my body soak in water once every two days." Kai looked back at the healed wrist. "Why don't you like your vampire side?" If she liked it she would hunt, not rely on others. Not that he minded, but still. It was clear Emorie didn't mind that side of her. "I get that you like the magic better, and it's cool and all, but you also need blood. That makes you a vampire. And there's nothing wrong with that. Exhibit A, I need water. I'm a dumb ass for forgetting I need water." Was it the same? Probably not, but it was a good comparison. "You don't have to tell me, I was just curious." He groaned quietly and ran his hand through his dark hair as they approached the shower. "I'm talking crazy, don't pay me no mind." 

Ellsie watched and listened as Jade helped heal Kai. She felt terrible... it was her fault. Not in the way she originally thought but still. "Oh my gosh! I am so sorry!!!" Ellsie gasped a little and stared to walk Kai outside more. The shower was only around the corner of the cabin so thankfully it wasn't that far. "With
Emorie hunting I hopefully won't need to ever do that again... but thank you. It's sweet of you to offer. Most people wouldn't." She stopped outside of the stall and helped him get his balance and gave him a tiny smile.

Why didn't she like her vampire side? Oh where could she begin... "Well I guess I'm just like my dad. He's not the biggest fan of the killing. I just don't want to hurt anyone at all. Animal or person." Ellsie shrugged her shoulders and ran a hand over her more than likely disgusting hair. "We grew up with humans all around us and honestly I act more like them than any fae. It's just how I was raised... Emorie spent a lot more time in the fae world, vacations with Demitri and Lilax and what not. Just different I guess." 

Ellsie was rambling a little bit and she finally stopped herself. "Anyways, I'll make sure to force you into the shower every other day!" She meant for it to sound helpful but it probably just sounded creepy. She sighed and waved her hands in front of her, "That sounded so much worse than I meant it to." 

------
Emorie was sitting in front of the pot and absentmindedly stirring every so often. That is until she heard Diadel start yelling behind her. What? Emorie turned to see Diadel glaring at Ferris and Ferris just smirking. Him and Aris? Her chest hurt a little, more than she would have ever thought it could considering the fact that she was technically dead... This stupid boy! Ugh. Aris started quickly defending herself though and Emorie gave her a look up and down. She sounded like Emorie did just a little while ago... why would she lie? No. That's exactly it. Aris wouldn't. 

Emorie pulled in a deep breath and turned back around, looking back to the giant pot of water as Ellsie took Kai outside. It was almost to where it should melt the ice and give at least a lukewarm shower. 

When Ferris walked over to her she sighed a little. "Why do something like that?" Why fake this incident with Aris... was it to make fun of her? To hurt her feelings? Or was it just some stupid wolf thing with Diadel. "It's just stupid." Emorie was about to give him a talking to but when he said her full name she stopped. Ferris sounded so serious... it caused her face to heat up a lot despite her usual cold skin. The curse of being a hybrid... your emotions could break through that cold dead vampire part. 

"I-I'm not mad. I'm just uncomfortable... I felt like you didn't look at me the same." She said suddenly before quickly going back to the water and blowing out the burner. "I-here. The waters done."

Jack just sat back and watched as it all happened. That seemed to be his forte at this point. But until something happened that required his quick reaction? He would just stay out of the way. Kai was getting enough help and if Diadel and Ferris wanted to go at it? Take it outside. As long as they didn't hurt anyone else or break anything it wasn't his problem. 

When Jade healed Kai Jack gave a small smile, why did this girl think she was so useless? So far all everyone else had done was argue with each other and run off into the snow. Well... Aris had done some badass shit with the storm but besides that nothing special thus far from anyone. At least Jack didn't think so. When Jade sat back down, Jack tossed his arm around her shoulder and smoothed over her hair with that hand. "Of course I would doll. And stop making it sound like you're so useless okay? You're not at all. Why do you think healers are so highly coveted in heaven?" That's what she said at one point right? 

"You really need to see yourself as more. That boyfriend of yours should really be making you feel as special as you are. And if he doesn't then that's not fair to you." Jack rolled his eyes a little. Daniel was a fucking joke of a man. 

l

Aris was defending herself. Ferris was getting cocky. Okay. Maybe they didn't "fuck" but Ferris' scent was sure as hell all over this girl. And Diadel was having none of it. "Listen, I may be wrong about why she reeks of dead dog. But I know she does. You all might not notice it. But trust me." Diadel growled and shoved a hand through his hair, trying to calm down. Aris was right, he couldn't control his transformations very well and if he didn't chill the fuck out he would go all wolfy right here. 

Thankfully Ferris walked away but one other thing was on his mind. Between the way Ferris acted and Jades comment about him sleeping with everyone? Oh hell no. "I may sleep around but it's honest. I'm a succubus and most people should understand what that fucking entails. But you ? Loyal pet through and through, even acts like the bigger man. You're using someone to try to piss others off and that's some of the more petty shit I've ever heard."

Disdel sat back in the couch and let out a low growl before looking over at Aris, "Don't help him play his stupid fucking game. Not worth your time."

Why did Diadel’s comment about being a succubus hurt so much? When he looked over at her she let out a small sigh and gave him a small smile. “You know, if you think about it, you’re only half a succubus. Well, that’s what I am, too. Jade and Kai as well. So you shouldn’t let me sleeping with people bother you like this. It’s going to happen. You can’t freak out every time I come home smelling like someone else. If I don’t get a say on who you sleep with, then why do you get a say on who I spend my time with? It’s really none of your business.” Her hand stroked his cheek softly before running it through his soft pink hair. “I’ll go change, so just. Settle. I’m sorry I upset you so much.” Aris slid off the arm of the couch and to her feet, climbing up the ladder quickly so she could strip out of the jeans and tee and toss on a long black and white striped sweater and a black pair of leggings.  

Slowly she climbed back down and walked to the fire to add another log to it. “Is this better? Or should I go shower with Kai to get the Ferris stench off?”

---

Why did Jack make her heart beat so fast? It was just everything. The things he said, the way he said them, the accent…it was driving her crazier day by day. Especially with the way his hand smoothed over her hair. It was so comforting. “Healers are only useful when it comes to wars. Other than that they live a rather peaceful existence. They’ve been wanting to use me in the war for a while now but my mom wouldn’t let them. That’s why I feel so useless, I’m supposed to be in heaven healing the war angels. I’m not fast, my senses aren’t really enhanced. I’m not strong and I can’t morph into cool things like you…I can heal the sick and injured down here on earth, but you guys aren’t sick and more often than not you’re not getting injured.” Her bright blue eyes looked over him for a long while as she contemplated something. Ferris, Kai, Ellsie, they were all out. Emorie was in the kitchen. Diadel was so busy being angry at Aris he wasn’t paying them any mind. This was her only chance.

“Jack, I…uh…” Her cheeks heated to a bright red. She couldn’t vocalize it. I like you. How could she come out and say something like that? “T-Thank you? Is that what I’m trying to say? No…” Ugh! Why couldn’t she just be honest? Suddenly she leaned towards him, cupped his face in her hands, and found her lips landing on his. It might have been brief, but it was probably the best second of her life. Daniel was fun, they partied. He said he loved her. Growing up the way she did? Bullied by the other angels all the time? She never really had friends, and love was a foreign concept. She thought she loved Daniel because they had fun together. It wasn’t true though. The way she felt about Jack, the spark she felt in the kiss…this meant more than anything Daniel and her had together in the past three years.

Quickly she pulled away, her face a bright red. “I’m sorry…” She jumped to her feet and ran to the door. Shit! That was a mistake! She shouldn’t have done that, he deserved so much better than her! An angel succubus mixed? How would he explain that one to his family? He deserved normalcy, someone his parents would like. Jade went to run out the door but squealed as she stumbled over a small blonde girl, falling right in the snow. “Ow ow ow ow! W-What’s a kid doing out here?!”

----

Anastasia got the text from Red like Amy and Hollis got. Get the kids. That’s all it said, that’s all it needed to say. They had planned this since before the school opened. The cabin, Ferris. The girls. It was just those three, right? Since Anastasia was on vacation a few days away from the school she told her parents that she’d get the kids and bring them back to the safe house, that she’d meet them there.

Anastasia was the daughter of Amy and Hollis. She was probably about twenty years old by now. Unfortunately for her she didn’t grow past the age of twelve. Being half vampire was a tricky thing. Her parents didn’t know whether she’d age quickly or stop growing or just keep growing. She grew quickly but stopped at twelve. So she lived her days as a prepubescent girl with her parents. They never had to have another kid at least, because she would always remain a child. They seemed pretty excited about it. Her? Not so much. All of the kids she babysat in her life all grew bigger than she did, and they would forever do that. Their kids? They’d end up being bigger than her. And their kids, and so on and so forth. It was a vicious cycle for the poor girl. And how fair was it that Ferris, Emorie, and Ellsie kept growing? Totally unfair.

Anyway.

Ana found herself walking through the woods with a small sigh. Part ice demon, part vampire. The snow didn’t affect her any as she looked around the woods for the cabin. It was somewhere around here. After running for a couple days she was just ready to go home. Thankfully she had fed before entering the woods an hour or two ago. It didn’t take her long for her blue eyes to land on the cabin. She pulled the gray jacket over her red plaid shirt, dusting off some of the snow on her blue jeans. Her long blonde hair was slightly more wild than usual, running nonstop would do that to it though. Her blue boots carried her up to the door, her hand about to open the door before a blonde girl was darting out of the cabin and landing in the snow. She bat her long lashes curiously and tilted her head. “Um. I’m not a kid. Is Ferris, Emorie, or Ellsie here? I’m here to pick them up.” They didn’t say anything about other kids…

beautiful-girl-tibetan-mastiff-nature-pretty-teen-blonde-long-hair-resting-puppy-brown-autumn-park-79587269.jpg

Ferris gave her a small smile as he sat on the counter next to where Emorie stood. “It wasn’t meant to hurt you or anything.” He made sure he was whispering at this point. “I just. I wanted to make him mad. Maybe it’s a wolf thing, but we’re very territorial. And I know you’re not mine by any means, but do you know how bad it hurt to see you with him? Just the thought crushed my heart. And I didn’t know I could feel like that. My chest had never hurt like that before. So I just wanted to piss him off a little. Call it a guy thing? See the way he got all mad though? Totally worth it. And Aris doesn’t really show much emotion, so it didn’t seem like she cared.” Ferris was childish at times, but he really wanted to piss Diadel off. This was the only way he knew how. He didn’t have a girlfriend he could steal from him, not that he would want to, and he would never insult family or anything. And Ferris had always ripped on Diadel for his Succubus side, so insulting that wouldn’t do anything. The only way he knew to piss him off was by the wolf!

He was taken aback by what she had to say. He didn’t look at her the same? Was that…true? His face lit a bright shade of red. “I-It’s because I’ve had the biggest crush on you since we were little. And when you tried to well, you know, I wanted to. You have no idea how long I’ve thought about it. I really really did, but it wasn’t right. You only wanted to do that for comfort, and I get that. But that wouldn’t be fair to either one of us. You’re my best friend, Emorie. I couldn’t ruin something we’ve had since we were little just because I’m a stupid boy who can’t think straight. And if I stayed around you my head wouldn’t have been clear, and I wouldn’t be able to focus on helping you or talking to you. And that wasn’t fair to you.”  He smiled sheepishly as she blew out the fire. “I’ll take the water.” He grabbed ahold of the handles of the pot and walked to the door, his eyes going wide when he seen. “Yooo, told you guys! Hey Ana. Let me go dump this water and I’ll be back, yeah?”

He walked out to the thick layer of ice and dumped it on it. “There ya go Kai!” He pat the shower before walking back to the house, his large hand messing up Ana’s hair. “Kai’s gotta soak for a minute but then we should be good to go.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back