• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Fading Flames 2 OOC

U
Created at
Index progress
Incomplete

I got it working, fear me
Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

Kabboom

very explody
Roleplay Availability
welcome back

chill here if you don't have/want to use discord, I'll make the discord soon enough

I don't have Discord and don't join offsite OOC chats though, so if all OOC discussions happen there I'll be left out of all the plotting.
Ah okay... Well if you insist we can try to do our best to bring whatever concern you and your character here. :)

Kabboom Kabboom ShadeAlucard ShadeAlucard Unwavering Knight Unwavering Knight Soviet Panda Soviet Panda Trappy Trappy Epiphany Epiphany Pilgrim59 Pilgrim59 Midrick Midrick Remembrance Remembrance
Hey guys, pondering character concepts and don't want to double up, so what were you guys thinking?
Anyone gonna be playing archer, ranger, scout, rogue, paladin, enchanter, sorcerer, druid, bard...?
The more varied/balanced the party is, the more fun this'll be I think ^^

Writing my CS and awaiting GM's confirmation on the lore before wrapping up my char's bio.
I'll be playing an Incruscan hit-and-run brawler of sort.

Are you still working on your swordsman? Can't wait to see!

Kabboom Kabboom ShadeAlucard ShadeAlucard Unwavering Knight Unwavering Knight Soviet Panda Soviet Panda Trappy Trappy Epiphany Epiphany Pilgrim59 Pilgrim59 Midrick Midrick Remembrance Remembrance
Hey guys, pondering character concepts and don't want to double up, so what were you guys thinking?
Anyone gonna be playing archer, ranger, scout, rogue, paladin, enchanter, sorcerer, druid, bard...?
The more varied/balanced the party is, the more fun this'll be I think ^^
Pondering on making an Elven shaman... Then again, I do have a long tradition of playing human characters. 🤔

Kabboom Kabboom

So a couple questions and such before I get started on my process.

1. You mentioned light (and possibly) magic. I kind of want to clear up any potential misconceptions possible. Are they equal, yet opposite forces? Is one inherently good?

2. I enjoy making characters that pose a question/message. This means I could end up playing as a character from the east that could be seen in a foul light like a demon, dragon, or someone who was raised/originated from there. Granted, I would take on any lore or story responsibilities such a complicated character could pose.

3. Any possible misconceptions of magic. What is it? How is it limited? How does it ideally work?

I just want to be on the safe side creating my character, I hope this line of inquiry is reasonable.

Kabboom Kabboom

So a couple questions and such before I get started on my process.

1. You mentioned light (and possibly) magic. I kind of want to clear up any potential misconceptions possible. Are they equal, yet opposite forces? Is one inherently good?

2. I enjoy making characters that pose a question/message. This means I could end up playing as a character from the east that could be seen in a foul light like a demon, dragon, or someone who was raised/originated from there. Granted, I would take on any lore or story responsibilities such a complicated character could pose.

3. Any possible misconceptions of magic. What is it? How is it limited? How does it ideally work?

I just want to be on the safe side creating my character, I hope this line of inquiry is reasonable.
Hello hello! I'm the co-GM of this thing and have worked on the magic system, so let me answer some of your queries.

To hopefully answer the 1st and 3rd question: The one officially recognised type of magic within the Empire is Light Magic. Light, as an entity, exists everywhere - within the environment and living creatures. Light Magic is the manipulation and actualisation of this force to yield various results.
The Light exists in all things, but certain races / creatures are simply more naturally attuned to the Light than others. Giants, for example, are extremely attuned. However, centuries of oppression and control by the Imperial fist have almost deprived them any opportunity to effectively harness their affinity to the Light.
Some entities can actually generate Light energy. Light energy is a manifestation of ‘will’, and for an individual, Light energy comes from the object that he or she cherishes the most. Positive emotional bonds are an abundant source of Light energy.

Within the Empire, Light magic is harnessed and enhanced through the Network - a network of beacons across the Empire. The way it works is basically like wi-fi. This Network allows even the common citizens to use Light Magic, albeit they only scratch the surface of potential. Those with malicious intent also use the network of magic, but are closely monitored, immediately detected, and quickly taken down by the strongest magic users in the entire Empire.

As there exists the Light, there is also the Dark. Dark energy dominates in the East, where the Dark scourge had snuffed out the Light. It also exists in pockets, harnessed by cultists and pagans alike through Dark sorceries and witchcraft. They are branded heresies by the Empire, and their practitioners hunted by the various Inquisitions. The Dark gnaws at those whose will is weak, feeding on negative thoughts, such as jealousy, envy, rage, sadness, etc. It explains the Darkborne's attraction to the Empire of the Light, for in such chaotic times, negative thoughts flow rampantly throughout the people.

Aside from these two, other forms of magics around the world, the forms of rituals or otherwise. These are the two dominant forms of magic on the Continent however.

I'm terribly sorry for the lore dump. If you have any questions, please let me know! :)

Trappy Trappy Kabboom Kabboom
A few questions if you don't mind;

1. How long do elves usually live for?

2. I assume curses exist but I would like to know more about them.

3. Do such things as elven incursans exist or are incursans strictly human?

1. Elves have an ideal lifespan equal to humans, at about 100 years. The reality is, many of them die in their teens, and the average lifespan for a regular elf is 40-50 years due to tribal warfare.

2. Curses do exist, but they are forbidden by Imperials. Most curses exist as a form of Dark magic (which is why they are forbidden), but some curses do use Light magic. Research into this field is limited, though, because nobody's comfortable with mages practicing curses.

3. Elven incruscans exist, yes, though they are hybrids between incruscans and elves, and do not appear naturally.

1. Elves have an ideal lifespan equal to humans, at about 100 years. The reality is, many of them die in their teens, and the average lifespan for a regular elf is 40-50 years due to tribal warfare.

2. Curses do exist, but they are forbidden by Imperials. Most curses exist as a form of Dark magic (which is why they are forbidden), but some curses do use Light magic. Research into this field is limited, though, because nobody's comfortable with mages practicing curses.

3. Elven incruscans exist, yes, though they are hybrids between incruscans and elves, and do not appear naturally.
Thank you for answering my questions but I would like you to elaborate a bit on your answer for question #3. What do you mean by; 'do not appear naturally'? Maybe I'm just missing something but I would like you to elaborate.

Thank you for answering my questions but I would like you to elaborate a bit on your answer for question #3. What do you mean by; 'do not appear naturally'? Maybe I'm just missing something but I would like you to elaborate.
As in halfbreeds exist, but Elven Incruscans are not their own species.

It would be interesting to play a support character capable of debuffs for enemies and buffs for their allies. However, given the system this could prove to be somewhat complicated.

Again, should my second question be answered, I could reveal one of my more...complex ideas.

It would be interesting to play a support character capable of debuffs for enemies and buffs for their allies. However, given the system this could prove to be somewhat complicated.

Again, should my second question be answered, I could reveal one of my more...complex ideas.
We are very lax when it comes to these things. As long as the capability you speak of is justifiable and reasonable (i.e not OP, ridiculous or both), you should be fine :) Just tell us what you have in mind and let us be the judges.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back