• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy ~ FableWood

I'm not the best informed when it comes to voodoo, but I am well versed in Hoodoo, and even better versed in just plain witchcraft, as I have researched that as multiple stories of mine required it. I even own a few spell books.

OMG YES. Tame the beast so we have egales we can call upon with moths!

If @SilverFlight allows it, of course.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jecklyn said:
I'm not the best informed when it comes to voodoo, but I am well versed in Hoodoo, and even better versed in just plain witchcraft, as I have researched that as multiple stories of mine required it. I even own a few spell books.

Spell books? What kinds?

zCrookedz said:
That is so interesting. I personalty am not involved in the Voodoo (my southern baptist family would disown me) but the way they viewed life and the after life, as well as healing remedies and rituals fascinate me.
It is always good to learn about other cultures and religions etc. Just because you wish to know about them doesn't mean you have to practice them :P

I love studying everything about different cultures, mostly I explore through the old stories, they offer insight into the roots of a civilization, their worldviews and perspectives. I was really surprised when close translations of the 1001 nights were actually pretty pro women's rights, seeing as so many countries that claim those stories as heritage are clearly...not.

Jecklyn said:

If @SilverFlight allows it, of course.
I may or may not have been thinking of using Rocs for the final battle...

I've also held a deep-seeded love of alchemy, mystery-chasing in many of the European countries I've been to, actually found the very dwelling of Nicholas Flammel, it still stands in Paris!

Next is Prague, I want to dig up some of the mysteries surrounding the making of golems.

Last edited by a moderator:
SilverFlight said:
It is always good to learn about other cultures and religions etc. Just because you wish to know about them doesn't mean you have to practice them :P
I love studying everything about different cultures, mostly I explore through the old stories, they offer insight into the roots of a civilization, their worldviews and perspectives. I was really surprised when close translations of the 1001 nights were actually pretty pro women's rights, seeing as so many countries that claim those stories as heritage are clearly...not.

I may or may not have been thinking of using Rocs for the final battle...

I've also held a deep-seeded love of alchemy, mystery-chasing in many of the European countries I've been to, actually found the very dwelling of Nicholas Flammel, it still stands in Paris!

Next is Prague, I want to dig up some of the mysteries surrounding the making of golems.
Silver.

Can Vinter ride the Roc?

[QUOTE="Aldur Forgehammer]Spell books? What kinds?

[/QUOTE]
Mostly modern things. Theres the classic Judika Illes encyclopedia of 1000 spells, a "spell a day" with no set dates, and "witches spell-a-day Almanac," where it goes through the year 2016 like a calander, but it gives a spell to do each day. So no, I don't have an achient tome of leather bound magic spells. xD though that would be FANTASTIC.

I've gravitated towards cards more; Tarot, oracle, power thought... The like. Also divination, I simply love doing divination, which I guess cards do. Oops.

SilverFlight said:
Only if you're going to post more than once in the next 2 days, otherwise we'll never finish this battle :P

Lols, awesome post @SkywardSocks but I really only meant for people to grab the rope. Your way works too tho xD
Sure thing.

Jecklyn said:
Mostly modern things. Theres the classic Judika Illes encyclopedia of 1000 spells, a "spell a day" with no set dates, and "witches spell-a-day Almanac," where it goes through the year 2016 like a calander, but it gives a spell to do each day. So no, I don't have an achient tome of leather bound magic spells. xD though that would be FANTASTIC.
I've gravitated towards cards more; Tarot, oracle, power thought... The like. Also divination, I simply love doing divination, which I guess cards do. Oops.
Did you learn how to work with a pendulum?

SilverFlight said:
Did you learn how to work with a pendulum?
Yes! Actually when I was very young, technically, but I recently got an actual "pendulum" and Its been real helpful to me. :)

Jecklyn said:
Yes! Actually when I was very young, technically, but I recently got an actual "pendulum" and Its been real helpful to me. :)
They're my favorite tool, though haven't had one in a long while. The woman who taught me said they should chose you, or at least the stone or material its made of should feel right. Hasn't happened yet. My theory is they actually work off of your own core energy, which is the predictive force, just like your own energy feeds the tarot cards, so you have to be extra careful when reading for others that you don't influence the reading in a bad way. Old friend of mine was from a practicing Wiccan family, I learned a great deal from her.

And yes, originally I took all of this with a grain of salt, but when my dog actually proved she could detect the energies I was being told about I couldn't deny there was something there.

Its advisable that you do take everything with a grain of salt, especially when you just start out. I think its almost a second nature to some until the energies are proven to be real.

SilverFlight said:
For now, no. I usually want to see the player in action for a bit longer before I allow second characters. Keep your activity constant and you should be able to in a short while.

tumblr_m7qahjQS5e1r0wb4wo3_250.gif

this is all I can think of.

Well since her normal powers have vanished temporarily she can only rely on the darkness - and as well all know darkness is not the fluffiest cat around to pat. Darkness likes to claw faces.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back