• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Ex's and Oh's - [Interest Pitch]

Aato

Social(ly-inept) Butterfly
Hey there! Your friendly neighborhood Aato has returned with another RP idea.

The main concept is a reality TV show (likened to 'The Real World') that follows a group of individuals living in one house for a period of time with, unbeknownst to them before arrival, one of their exes. They will have to navigate meeting new people and forming various new relationships all in the presence of someone they were previously involved with.

I would classify this mainly as a slice-of-life drama RP with undertones of romance, angst, friendship, and what have you. It will be mainly character driven which shouldn't be too much of an issue given the premise's heavy drama potential. Although, I'm willing to throw in some minor 'character guiding' to help push things along if needed, and even get member input.

I haven't decided on a set number of people yet, so it'll just depend on the level of interest and if I feel a cut-off is necessary. It will not be first-come-first-serve, but you'll be welcome to post as many characters as desired on the sign-up page (just be aware that only up to two will be accepted; however, if you're like me and just extremely indecisive, let me know in the OOC that you're only interested in having one character chosen). All orientations will be welcome and I'll actually be looking to keep that more even than anything (as I've heard folks mention their non-het characters being left out). On that note, you will be welcome to play characters of the same sex so long as they have differing orientations (this is to prevent an influx of firmly het- or homo- characters). Character ages will be 20 to 30 as I want a variance of lifestyle and history and so on. Be creative. Exes can be from simply dating, domestic partnership, marriage, a parent to a child, or whatnot, and do not necessarily need to be the most recent ex. Again, be creative. Lastly, pairing... I'll likely do a poll, but currently, pairing will be up to those who join to match themselves once sign-up is closed and you'll have free-range to decide all details of your former relationship and what you reveal about it. If you're interested in playing your own ex, clearly indicate it in your sign-up and we'll chat about it at the right time.

Leaving us? I did mention 'pairing' as the last point to bring up, but I also want to mention being prepared for drops. Because this RP isn't necessarily focused on being paired, just let me know you need to dip and in-RP, I'll make some type of excuse for your character leaving the house. Your sudden absence might throw off some chatting, but it won't jog the whole plot-line, so you can go with a guilt-free conscience and others can continue their game, haha. :xFsmile:

Writing requirement is a minimum of 2 paragraphs (at least 8 sentences each) per character. Occasional writer's block is understood.

As you can tell, this is a little rough in the works, but I promise it's not as bad as it sounds written, lol.

If you're interested please comment [10 interested comments = thread work]. Have any questions, comments, concerns, or suggestions? Let me know via message or post, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks!

-- Aato*^
______

Updates:
>> If things go accordingly, I'll be getting threads up on Wed.: Characters (with poll), Main, Confessional, and OOC.
>> I'll go ahead and aim to get the
character page and OOC up tonight then tag everyone; if not now, then tomorrow [Wed.] definitely. Ideally, the deadline for characters will be Saturday with us starting either same-day or Sunday. If I should need to extend the deadline, I will.

Last edited:
Hey there! This certainly looks very promising. Are applications still open or have I missed the bus on this one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back