• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

dotingdotty

;; - dotty / dot here (any pronouns welcome)! welcome to my intro + search thread, i'm pretty bad at introductions but i'll certainly try. you can call me dotty or dot, i'm a 24-year-old in between jobs right now so i have a decent bit of free time! i still have work sometimes and will hopefully be getting another job soon, but until then i thought i'd finally get back into rp. i used to rp on a few different platforms, but for a while my main was tumblr. unfortunately, i don't remember my name(s), but i do remember how fun it was! so i thought i'd jump back in. during that time i still roleplayed, though usually with friends, so i'm not completely rusty! random fun facts about me is i'm an artist, i'm currently trying to get my driver's license, and i'm a big horror movie fan! i think that's about it, so i'll move on to everything else. ^w^

;; - some quick writing things; i prefer paragraph writing vs most other forms like script, and i tend to fluctuate how much i write. it really depends on who i'm writing with, but the base i've found i tend to gravitate towards is 3-6 paragraphs. i'm not too sure about a maximum cap, though if we do novella style i will take longer to respond, but i'm not particularly looking to go below 2 paragraphs. i prefer private things like dms and off-site dms.

;; - rules? i guess? i don't know if i'd call them rules outside of the first one, but i can't think of a better way to word it so. ;w; firstly and most importantly, please be over 18!! this is nothing against young writers but i am 24, i am not comfortable writing with minors. other than that i'm pretty chill, i ask that you don't spam me (and by this i mean repeated messages in a short period, like 10 messages in 1 minute.. and even then if it's just how you type, i won't be mad), but feel free to poke me! i have memory issues, chances are i might forget something, so feel free to remind me! i like gritty and dark themes, i think they can be fun if handled right! also i will be real, i prefer m/m or f/f over m/f in oc/oc stuff, but that's not like.. super hard so feel free to ask!

;; - onto the fun stuff! i'll separate the plots by platonic / familial and romantic to make things easier for people looking for something specific <3 i'll also add fandoms i'd love to go full ocs for and some plot points for 'em :) and if you see something in platonic/familial or romantic and want to switch it to the other while keeping the same plot, feel free to ask! nothing's 100% set in stone.

;; - quick guide:
yc = your character
mc = my character
a/b = whoever, not particular about which slot i get personally, so i'll use placeholders!

so starting off this is a plot and world i have had in my mind for a good, long time. i would adore you if you want to play this, sincerely.
;; - for the void calls, i shall answer
genre ;;
fantasy, psychological, drama
tw ;; this plot has some dark themes, though they might be off-screen a good majority (if not all) the time depending on how we work this out. the beginning will probably feature some abuse give the way yc is living before escaping, and there will be a lot of implied or background themes that aren't the nicest, so this isn't exactly for the faint of heart.
- yc is unsure of what has happened, memories that'd been so vivid had flooded their head after being injured. it was all too real, the feeling of pain, the heavy hand of a guard dragging them in front of the people of the kingdom, and the ringing in their ears as their head rolled in the courtyard. it was too specific, too real to be a nightmare. yet as the days passed their dream came true, every little detail was the same, down to the smallest spider crawling on them. yc has been brought back to their thirteenth year, and their execution is in three years. the bastard child of the emperor and a lady of the night, the cursed twin who would bring calamity to solaria. years of being stuck in a dungeon, punished for crimes yet to be committed. it all bubbles over as yc realizes that there was never an escape, the whispers of their twin promising to free them never would come to fruition, and now they must escape. with knowledge of what's to come, yc must set out on a journey to plead with the empress of the enemy country, mc. a war dog who's known for her brutality, yet when yc shows up, small and mangy and begging for help, she seems to falter. seems to soften, seems to look with nothing but sadness and care. she agrees to take yc in as a false heir in exchange for information after confirming they do know the future. now they must work together to finish solaria off.
notes : i have a lot of stuff for the world already in my head, but a lot of it is flexible. the prophecies that yc is apart of, the gods/goddesses, and the true villain are things i would consider set in stone and things i am unwilling to change. the world features a mix of magic, regency-era-based titles and hierarchy, and monsters. it's not 100% following any real-life era, and the magic component will be pretty hefty. i can explain the plot in more detail if you want! romance is 100% possible here (not between yc/mc, but a third character can be introduced), i just want to focus on the familial aspect a good bit more.

more to be added ;;

;; - screw the main character, i want to save my fave!
genre ;;
isekai, romcom-esque, mild drama
- yc is obsessed with a small, indie otome game. it's basic, the plot is generic and most of the characters are too, but the combat is fun and the side characters prove to be fun to interact with. that is, until they meet their favorite character. what started as casual fun turns into an obsession with trying to meet the knight, a side character with no route and a backstory hidden in journal entries scattered about the school. after 100%-ing the game and finding out that the knight dies protecting their king and saving the school, yc is devastated. it would be one thing to not get a route, but to kill their favorite character?? it's far too sad,and they're seriously ready to kick the dev's asses. when they get isekai'd into the world as the main character, their goal is to save their favorite character, even if it means forsaking the plot!
notes : despite the knight aspect, mc is still in the works. if you have specific thoughts on what kind of character you'd like, i'd be open to hear! i do have some thoughts but they're all flexible. :)

;; - traces of you
genre ;;
horror? drama, psychological, crime
tw ;; stalking, murder, probably toxic/unhealthy relationships
- a is a rookie homicide detective with very few cases on their record, but they're given a new case that has shaken the department. a series of murders has taken place over the last few weeks, and a is just the person for the job. it doesn't take long for a suspect to appear, but things are a lot less simple than they look. b is a world-renowned business-person with a track record that so clean you could eat off it, but a knows that they're connected. a has to go through the maze of clues, weave through a relationship with b, and come out on top with evidence. things get a little hairy as they get more and more entangled with b.
notes : not super thought out but a fun idea! just some good ol' criminal x cop for funsies.

;; - the villain is for me!
genre ;;
isekai, romcom-esque, drama
- a gets isekai'd into their favorite otome, and they're going to make a path for the villain, even if it kills them... or b does it first!
notes: not fleshed out but. i am a softy for isekai into otome LOL

more to be added ;;

boku no hero academia - have villains in mind and thought out, but it'd be cool to do a full-oc-based bnha! follow them from freshmen to full time heroes,maybe?
the last of us - always love post-apocalypse stuff and tlou is a big one! i like the government aspect along with fireflies, the wlf, and seraphites, so i'd probably want some of those mixed in there.
the walking dead game - this one i'd love to be a first season-esque retelling. starting from the beginning, maybe following a guardian who meets a kid? could be familial, could be something else.. whatever is good for me!
brokeback mountain - i adore the idea of following two queer people dealing with so much shit on top of realizing their love for one another. we can make it sad and doomed or go against the grain and give 'em a happy ending! either way works for me, i am a softy for both sadness and a happy ending.
bully (game) - i think it'd be fun and a bit goofy, plus i have a soft spot for the game so i'll always include it where i can, just in case :'3

more to be added ;;

i think that's it, thanks for reading!!

Last edited:
Hi there! I am absolutely in love with the void plot! I'm over 18, and I would absolutely love to rp with you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back