• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Examination on the Boundaries of Desire, as Written by Na Slegna Rotsopmi (Always Open)

Idea

The Pun Tyrant
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Click the buttons at the top of the page to get to the different sections of this search thread! (double click bottom one to return to original)

Phone friendly version at the bottom, right beneath the fully coded version, within a spoiler! If you're on phone, don't miss it! ;)

[class=Frame] Border-radius:10px; display: inline-block; Overflow: hidden; width:20%; Margin-left:330px; [/class] [class=Frame2] Border-radius:10px; display: inline-block; Overflow: hidden; width:20%; Margin-left:70px; [/class] [class=Option] Cursor:pointer; background-color:white; border: 10px solid transparent; text-align:center; padding:30px; font-weight: bold; color:black; [/class] [class=Option1] border-image:url(https://cms-assets.tutsplus.com/uploads/users/166/posts/27888/image/Step_05_2.jpg) 10 round; [/class] [class=Option2] border-image:url(https://pre00.deviantart.net/3e1d/th/pre/f/2013/083/0/9/silver_texture_by_paulinemoss-d5z2qev.jpg) 10 round; [/class]
[class=Option3] border-image:url(http://cdn.designbeep.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/9.gold-textures.jpg) 10 round; [/class] [class=Option4] border-image:url(https://st.depositphotos.com/1002395/1664/i/950/depositphotos_16647891-stock-photo-diamond-geometric-pattern-of-colored.jpg) 10 round; [/class] [script class=Option on=init] addClass Option Option1 addClass Option Option2 addClass Option Option3 addClass Option Option4 [/script] [class=Result] Cursor:pointer; background-color:black; border: 15px solid transparent; border-image:url(https://images.template.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/tileable-stone-texture-6790015.jpg) 10 round; Border-radius:10px; Overflow: hidden; text-align:center; padding:40px; width:80%; margin-left:5%; display: inline-block; font-weight: bold; color: green; [/class] [class=Result1] [/class] [class=Result2] [/class] [class=Result3] [/class] [class=Result4] [/class] [class=Result5] [/class] [script class=Result on=init] addClass Result Result1 addClass Result Result2 addClass Result Result3 addClass Result Result4 addClass Result Result5 [/script] [div class=Frame][div class="Option Option1"] Plot [/div][/div] [div class=Frame2][div class="Option Option2"] Known Lore [/div][/div]

[div class=Frame][div class="Option Option3"] Mechanics [/div][/div] [div class=Frame2][div class="Option Option4"] Q&A [/div][/div]

[div class="Result Result1"] Clearly shown by his efforts in getting up, the man's wounds were just as agape as the girl kneeling beside him. If only her tears could heal, one might think, then by now there wouldn't be one person left with a wound or sickness in the world. Covered by her arms was a sleeping toddler, no more than three years old, not wounded by still visibly dirtied by whatever created the waste they stood on, by the side of that hill, by the entrance to that cave. The man lifted his wooden sword and placed it on his right, glancing at the woman. He gave her a bloodied smirk.
"It's about time I go and settle this. I've got enough of them. If I don't, who knows what's gonna happen. I'm the only one who can do it. This time, I really am the only one who can do it. So I gotta do it."
"No, please, you don't! You don't! You don't! Just let them handle this already! I don't care what they do to this place or to this world, if it means..." The man simply kept smiling warmly at her. Would there be no end to her tears? "...if it means... why.... why are you still insisting? Is this really that important to you?"
"Because, babe, it's my bloody destiny." The man simply turned around again, and began stomping his way towards the cave, the snow and the ashes mixing further with each footstep. By his left joined that girl with the cat ears whose betrayal he had foreseen and let happen, only for them to become even closer allies, to his right was the elven bowwoman whose prejudices against humanity he'd overturned, and now this trio was joining their final companion inside the cave, and who knew if anyone would ever see them again in one piece. The girl with the child, she was not one of them. She chuckled.
"Bloody Destiny? What the hell is that? How lame..." She repeated, still chuckling. Was it because of the bad catchphrase or because of the weight of her own uselessness cracking down on her? Of her own inability to finally achieve her dream, of holding desires as any more than unreachable goals? "All I wanted... was a safe place... all I wish for is a safe place for my family and those I care about. IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK?!"
As she screamed, she flipped her hands against the snow, the kid dropping into it as well. She realized, though that she hit somehting hard, and noticed a tiny pocketwatch, only slightly wet. Her mind blanket for a second, and she found herself floating along in a spatious oval room, like the inside of a technological egg.
"Thine wish hast been accepted." A voice echoed through the chamber "I will now begin the procedure to grant thee the means for thy wish."
i
You DO NOT have to read everything! The only mandatory reads are...
1. The Plot
2. The first tab of the mechanics
[/div] [div class="Result Result2" style="display:none"] A long time ago, X was caught in a large-scale conflict between several genie users. Their mother managed to create a safe haven for such people and her own family, however, by establishing Peace High, a school establishment with buildings spanning nursery to college. While living a normal life in here, Volo has also been ready for the day they would find a genie of their own, forming the "Wish-breaker Rangers" (current member count: 1. They deeply regret the name), a "group" for the purpose of tracking down genie users and convince them to come and live in Peace High.
Now, having found one and gotten his ability, X is at last ready to go all out, and actually achieve some results!
Investigate!- The First Step
Fight or charm?- Your choice
Will you succeed?-The Final Question
Join this roleplay to find out! [/div] [div class="Result Result3" style="display:none"]
  • If you take the modern world and some medieval fantasy, and mash them together into a big cake, you may just get Euphorium. Up until just a couple of centuries ago, it was just like any normal high fantasy world. However, the appearance of a certain guild of merchants and adventurers, known today as the T.E.I. company or TEICO for short, monsters were quickly driven to extintion, and even the human's non-human allies were pushed back into isolated communities, while humanity itself flourished and developed technology strangely reassembling the one we know from our world. Not that the character's in-universe known this. Today, several of it's larger towns reassemble big cities from our world, and people hold a mix of medieval and modern culture, goods and services.
[/div] [div class="Result Result4" style="display:none"] Something I've come to realize about my style is that I tend to construct things in a very systematized, almost game-like manner. That's when I'm at my best, one could say. So, there will be some kinda gamey-mechanics attached to this RP. It also doubles as somehting that allows it to stand out a little from the admitedly small crowd of quest RPs RPN has.
This roleplay will have three main mechanics: Phases, Will and Extra Options

• This roleplay is gonna be conducted in two phases. The first phase is the character creation phase. Everything from the character's gender, to their name, their wealth, personality and even what they wish from the genie will be chosen here. You will be taken through a series of events in the character's backstory and choose what the character does in those situations. Your choices there will define the character's final personality. This does not, however, mean the character can't change at all during the roleplay.
    At this point, I ought to explain what the deal with the buttons are. See, in this roleplay, choosing a "better" option isn't always free. In every option, the border's coloring will tell you if that option will cost you to take, regardless of what your current resource may be:
    1521943388709.png-This border type represents a costless decision
    1521943581154.png-This border type represents a cheap decision
    1521943689499.png-This border type represents an average decision
    1521943745912.png-This border type represents an expensive decision
    1521943771876.png-This border type represents a decision that will consume all you have left of that resource, or at least so much you can't do anything else with it
    1521943802246.png-This border type represents a decision that will use an alternative resource
    1521943849247.png-This border type represents a decision that is locked due to a lack of resources, or which will kill you if you attempt to do it anyway. It will will usually only presented as "what if".
    1521943882239.png-This border type represents a decision that will even restore resources back to you
    Of course, you don't need to know all of those by heart. Clicking on the buttons will make it so info appears on their details, including not just their actual price, but other aspects like what traits are involved or what the reasoning is behind a given decision. For those that want less game and more surprise, I recommend just knowing that the more expensive the decision, the more out of character it will usually be. Hence picking your traits carefully at the beggining may latter come to help you make particular decisions more easily.
    The second phase is the actual, normal quest stuff. I write the story tidbits and give you decisions, you vote for which decisions you want.
    There is a third, hidden phase, which may or may not ever come to pass. It is spoiler heavy though, so I won't reveal it here.
[/div] [div class="Result Result5" style="display:none"] Below I will be answering any questions you may have! This section will be updated as new questions pop up.

So, from the first part I'm getting that the society is a mixture of medieval and modern? So, taverns in one city and electronics in another?Indeed, the world has cities in some places, normal villages/towns etc... on others, and some hybrids along the way. That said, even in cities you'll find stuff from medieval culture and people dressed and acting in medieval fantasy fashion, and the reverse goes for those normal villages/towns as well. For instance, it wouldn't be strange to find people riding horse in full plate armor with swords at their belt in the middle of these "big cities" or to get into an old rusty wooden tavern in there. It also helps that not all technology from our world is available: cell phones don't exist and neither do cars, for example. A bit inconsistent in terms of what tech should or shouldn't exist, though the exact reason for this distribution are spoilers territory.

Are there any drawbacks to using too much free will?The main drawback you are probably going to experience at first, is simply that it limits other times in which you might want to use free will but can't. In fact, players will rarely if ever be allowed to spend more than 99.99% of the character's will, as 0.01% is require to merely be considered "a living being". That said, here is a small sample of potential consequences:
Below 50%:Experience of slugginess or numbness in random body parts
Below 5%: Loss of rationality/anime behavior
Below 1%: Voluntary movements of a sponge

So, "will" is sort of like "willpower" in the way that the character has to go against their natural tendencies in order to do what would give them some sort of gain?Yes, "will" is like a form of "willpower", to go against one's natural tendencies. In fact, in the original design, I was gonna have will be willpower, but in the process of expanding things, I saw that free will just fit much better. That said, the purpose is not always to gain something, as a character can break out of convention for any number of reasons, and sometimes it may even be more beneficial to behave according to one's natural tendencies.

Is the character's ability an extension of their free willl?In a way, yes. Free will is required to forge change by interfiering with the laws of the universe. Since the ability is unnatural, it requires free will as a source, and since it's your ability, it's your free will that gets consumed for it.

Is unused free will carried over to the next day, or is it simply replenished to the starting amount every day?As mentioned, free will is taken from a body's total supply and released in daily doses. If any amount of free will was left over, then that amount of free will returns to the body, increasing it's lifespan.

[/div] [script class=Option1 on=click] hide Result show Result2 [/script] [script class=Option2 on=click] hide Result show Result3 [/script] [script class=Option3 on=click] hide Result show Result4 [/script] [script class=Option4 on=click] hide Result show Result5 [/script] [script class=Result on=dblclick] hide Result show Result1 [/script]

• Clearly shown by his efforts in getting up, the man's wounds were just as agape as the girl kneeling beside him. If only her tears could heal, one might think, then by now there wouldn't be one person left with a wound or sickness in the world. Covered by her arms was a sleeping toddler, no more than three years old, not wounded by still visibly dirtied by whatever created the waste they stood on, by the side of that hill, by the entrance to that cave. The man lifted his wooden sword and placed it on his right, glancing at the woman. He gave her a bloodied smirk.

"It's about time I go and settle this. I've got enough of them. If I don't, who knows what's gonna happen. I'm the only one who can do it. This time, I really am the only one who can do it. So I gotta do it."

"No, please, you don't! You don't! You don't! Just let them handle this already! I don't care what they do to this place or to this world, if it means..." The man simply kept smiling warmly at her. Would there be no end to her tears? "...if it means... why.... why are you still insisting? Is this really that important to you?"

"Because, babe, it's my bloody destiny." The man simply turned around again, and began stomping his way towards the cave, the snow and the ashes mixing further with each footstep. By his left joined that girl with the cat ears whose betrayal he had foreseen and let happen, only for them to become even closer allies, to his right was the elven bowwoman whose prejudices against humanity he'd overturned, and now this trio was joining their final companion inside the cave, and who knew if anyone would ever see them again in one piece. The girl with the child, she was not one of them. She chuckled.

"Bloody Destiny? What the hell is that? How lame..." She repeated, still chuckling. Was it because of the bad catchphrase or because of the weight of her own uselessness cracking down on her? Of her own inability to finally achieve her dream, of holding desires as any more than unreachable goals? "All I wanted... was a safe place... all I wish for is a safe place for my family and those I care about. IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK?!"

As she screamed, she flipped her hands against the snow, the kid dropping into it as well. She realized, though that she hit somehting hard, and noticed a tiny pocketwatch, only slightly wet. Her mind blanket for a second, and she found herself floating along in a spatious oval room, like the inside of a technological egg.

"Thine wish hast been accepted." A voice echoed through the chamber "I will now begin the procedure to grant thee the means for thy wish."

i
    You DO NOT have to read everything! The only mandatory reads are...
    1. The Plot
    2. The first tab of the mechanics

Alright, I think it's good enough to present for now. There are still a couple of things I'd like to add to this, but for now, here is the raw version! A phone-friendly version will also be added soon, albeit pretty much codeless...

And now, the all too important "thank you"s!

Lyro Lyro for all your support and patience with a disappointing noob like me. A round of applause everyone for the person without whom this coding business wouldn't even be possible here, and who is so amazing they can spare the time to help the little guy!

AgWordSmith AgWordSmith though I began doing so before letting ya know, let me tell you your freebies thread was a huge help in accelarating the development of the buttons ya see up there. Everyone, go check out her thread and other work, she's a pretty awesome person and truly deserves it!

D duegxybus for their great work on the "All your powers" quest which gave new life to the questing community, and for their aid with wonderful feedback. Check out their RP here: All Your Powers

Last edited:
B BlueClover YoungX YoungX ViciousVip3R ViciousVip3R thewarrior25 thewarrior25 Damafaud Damafaud doggodaily doggodaily DailyRoLord DailyRoLord IlluminatiChan IlluminatiChan official clown business official clown business CrimsonEclipse CrimsonEclipse Aminora Aminora Shinobu the vampire-puppy Shinobu the vampire-puppy Miniapollo17 Miniapollo17 Epiphany Epiphany Avatar Arvis Avatar Arvis

-Awkwardly shifts onto the stage-

Eiih-

-Clears throat-

Idea Idea has this amazing Quest RP idea. Personally I can't wait until it starts, but I can't be the only one hyped to participate

All of you have to check this out! I'm sure it'll pique most, if not ALL of your interests because of powers. And genies. Who doesn't love genies?

JOIN.

ASDHLJFLSD

[Technical difficulties]

Hey, I'm actually really interested in this. I'm not new to rping, but this is my first group rp, so it might take me a bit to learn the etiquette and stuff like that, so bear with me.

Hey, I'm actually really interested in this. I'm not new to rping, but this is my first group rp, so it might take me a bit to learn the etiquette and stuff like that, so bear with me.
Just to make sure this is perfectly clear, this roleplay is a quest RP, so it does not work as a regular group RP would.

Just to make sure this is perfectly clear, this roleplay is a quest RP, so it does not work as a regular group RP would.

Okay, so how would it work and how does it differ from a normal group rp?

So it's kinda like a solo rp with other people influencing it?
That's one way to put it I suppose. The main character's decisions are always in control of the players. So in a sense they do get a good deal of influence, and it's a lot easier to keep up with a roleplay like this since you don't have to make posts yourself, only vote.

Thanks for the explanation. I don't think I want to do this now. But thanks for telling me so I wasn't caught off guard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back