• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Exalted with Alchemicals

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
I have tried to run a game focusing on the Exalted in the Machine God before, but for one reason or another, it has not run for long before fizzling. This would be a Exalted game using the 2nd Edition rules set in Autocthonia, with all the characters being Champions based out of Ein in Kamak, either as Exalts from the nation of Kamak or assigned to Ein to work with the Exalts there from an allied nation.

This game will be starting out before the Seal of Eight Divinities is breached, but you can expect to be spending some time in Creation shortly afterwards. Once I have 3-6 interested players for this, I'll be posting detailed character creation rules, since everyone will be starting out with extra points to spend than standard.

It is not likely that the game will be changing to 3rd Edition, but I do want everyone to have a handle on the rules enough to be able to make up characters on their own.

Anyone interested?

Posting for interest... with the aknowledgement I probably can't even begin character creation until the 11th, thanks to finals.

vinom said:
Posting for interest... with the aknowledgement I probably can't even begin character creation until the 11th, thanks to finals.
It will take some time for everyone to get characters set up due to the added chaos of the holidays. The exact start date is still down the road a bit.

Ok, as I said, there is a few add-ons to the chargen rules that I am offering.

Everyone gets to add Two (2) General Charm Slots and Two (2) Dedicated Charm Slots along with the extra Charms to go in those slots in addition to the four Dedicated and four General that you normally start out with for a total of 12 starting Charms before bonus points are spent. Also, you get double your starting bonus points from 18 to a total of 36. These extra points can be used to raise your Permanent Essence up to a starting value of 4, but no higher, making it possible for you to be able to start out with the Man-Machine Weaving Protocols if you so wish. If you have a higher starting Essence, it should go without saying that you cannot be fresh out of the Vats, and you will have at least a few years of experience under your belts.

A house rule that I have always gone with is, if you purchase the Charm slot for the Man-Machine Protocols, you get a free spell. The same applies to the God-Machine Protocols once you hit Essence 5.

I'll go ahead and request the forum and once that is done, I'll post the link here.

Important question... Are all the PCs going to be from a singular Nation, and if so, which?

Good question. The Circle will either be Exalts from the nation of Kamak, in the capitol city of Ein, or the allied nation of Yugash. In a minute I'll have some background stuff in the Overview tab for you to read over.

Recruitment is still open, so those that are interested, feel free to toss your hats into the ring.

Interested, but I might not know how to play Alchemicals. I have been in a few games with them that all died rather quickly. I have been in games that went a long time, just not Alchemicals. Is there something unique about playing them I should try to get my mind around?

Well, the big difference in Alchemicals is that they are not subject to any kind of Wyld Hunt. They are all considered to be champions of the people, and are accorded respect as such.

The collectible card game origins of Charms is even stronger - you aren't always playing with the same deck. You can pop by the garage and change out all your Charms for new ones depending on the job at hand.

I was thinking more in terms of motivation. They are generally assigned missions which contrast with the ambitious potentates and pontiffs of most Solars and Dynasts.

I see the culture as very old Soviet Union, where everything you do and own are for the good of the people, not the individual.

Exthalion said:
I was thinking more in terms of motivation. They are generally assigned missions which contrast with the ambitious potentates and pontiffs of most Solars and Dynasts.
Alchemicals are very much people's champions, and more often then not champions of the state.

You more then any Exalted from Creation, depend on the support of a mortal society. Without one, you can never spend experience on anything save additional charms (not charm slots, and even then, it will take magi-tech to make them), Ability dots and specialties, and [only if you had the foresight to get the necessary charms installed first] Martial Arts Charms or the Alchemical Sorcery analog; Protocols.

This limits and defines the Alchemical. It is very, very hard to be a rogue alchemical without [Void] charms, and this is intentional. Autochthon made the Alchemicals after seeing the height of the First Age. Whether or not he was aware of the Great Curse, he saw what Exalted could do if they held the reigns of civilizations, and so Alchemicals don't. You answer to the mortal overseers of the cities and countries you stand for.

So @Exthalion, are you going to be joining us? At the moment I only have two declared players, and I would like at least three to four.

If I do, it may be at least a week before I can get a sheet up. RL, end of term, etc. If that is acceptable, I am definitely interested.

Not a problem. Vinom has finals through the 12th and won't be able to make up his sheet until after that. It will give everyone plenty of time to discuss their characters and see what you want to bring to the table.

Recruitment is still open for another one or two people for those that might still be interested.

Still open for more players for those that are interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back