• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Exalted Essence: The Young Exalts and the Sea OOC

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
I think it's safe to assume Sojiro is willing to do that for Tulak. It's also not unreasonable to assume these Dragonblooded speak Wavetongue or Seatongue or whatever the Western language is. Rykon might be too busy to reply.
I assumed since it’s been centuries that they speak old realm or an older dialect of seatongue

Initially, I was just waiting to see if others wanted to chime into the conversation. Yeah, Sojiro will translate if needed.

My next post will likely be a scene change. And I'll also go ahead and give you all another minor milestone.

Dialogue heavy post, I know. Think of it as me establishing both sides' grievances for the benefit of your characters.

Is there a timeskip now while we repair the airship? Ijara can stunt helping if necessary, or just let it be known her sorcery and ability to spontaneously materialize helpful groups of skilled people are at Cid's disposal for the repair (and possibly upgrade) work.

Is there a timeskip now while we repair the airship? Ijara can stunt helping if necessary, or just let it be known her sorcery and ability to spontaneously materialize helpful groups of skilled people are at Cid's disposal for the repair (and possibly upgrade) work.
Yeah, I'd imagine there will be a timeskip.

Quick check-in; is everyone happy with how I'm running things so far? Does anyone have anything they'd like to do with their characters that I can perhaps facilitate?

Lol dang autocorrect strikes again! Its what I get for posting from my phone.

For Maya's Minor Milestone, I'll go ahead and raise her Navigation to 3, to reflect the time she spent working on the Airship and learning more about the workings of it.

On a side note, with a Personal Milestone the player can unlock a new Ability. On a Minor Milestone, the player can raise up an Ability by one. So, if I were to use this Minor Milestone to buy Craft, would it just be a single dot in the Ability (since I have 0 in Craft at the moment), or would this jump up to a level 2 right away?

On a side note, with a Personal Milestone the player can unlock a new Ability. On a Minor Milestone, the player can raise up an Ability by one. So, if I were to use this Minor Milestone to buy Craft, would it just be a single dot in the Ability (since I have 0 in Craft at the moment), or would this jump up to a level 2 right away?
I think it's more that you first need to spend a Personal Milestone to be able to invest in an Ability. That's the meaning I get from "Unlock the first dot of an Ability."

Got it. I just wanted to make sure I was getting the most out of my points.

I think with this most recent milestone I'll go with Mongoose and Cobra Escape. Better if I have some tools handy for keeping opponents in rushing distance.

That and I don't think I can get deep enough in Athletics for flight until E2 or higher if memory serves.

Edit: Also jaydude jaydude can the recent negotiations count toward the party's next personal milestone? Since Sojiro is advancing a long-term goal of bringing new blood into his house as well as the defeat of Aigaion?

I think with this most recent milestone I'll go with Mongoose and Cobra Escape. Better if I have some tools handy for keeping opponents in rushing distance.

That and I don't think I can get deep enough in Athletics for flight until E2 or higher if memory serves.

Edit: Also jaydude jaydude can the recent negotiations count toward the party's next personal milestone? Since Sojiro is advancing a long-term goal of bringing new blood into his house as well as the defeat of Aigaion?
About to embark on a drive; will reply to this post later.

If we're talking Eagle-Wing Style, that's an Athletics 5, Essence 3 Charm. Soz.

I think that for Sojiro, that would fall under an Exalt milestone, if he's fulfilling a long-term goal.

To quote the corebook:

"A personal milestone represents a character accomplishing a personal goal or doing something extraordinary that doesn’t affect the narrative arc. Uncovering important evidence, defeating a rival, or describing an amazing stunt all count as personal milestones. The Storyteller should ask characters for their goals at the start of each session to help create (and earn) personal milestones."

No worries. And yeah, I'll go ahead and grant Sojiro an Exalt Milestone for this scene.

Ooh, are we claiming credit for things? Because I'm pretty sure Tenai and Mugen count as a significant combatants for: "A significant combatant heeded their counsel or wisdom, or their advice or preparation turned the tides of a significant conflict or lead to an acceptable loss." Whether Ijara's appeal to Tenai counts as 'advice' is more open to interpretation, but the tides of a significant conflict were certainly turned.

As for personal milestones, she did have the personal goal of assembling a company of crack marines to help crew and defend the skyship. She also had a personal goal of ensuring the ancient DBs didn't get eaten by a Lunar, and has a longstanding personal goal of forwarding the interests of House Tepet.

Would getting Tenai to not slaughter the Exalts on the airship be an achievement for Maya to get an additional milestone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back