• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Exalted Essence: The Young Exalts and the Sea OOC

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Would Sojiro object if Cid offered to use the Hearthstone to bring down the illusion before giving it back?

As long as he does give it back, no. He's just on edge for foul play given how valuable an airship is.

Okay. I'm about to be driving to meet up with family. I'll try and get a post up afterwards.

Ijara's mostly just looking for permission from a DB for her mortal identity to work with an Anathema. She's not even permitted to speak with the captain under immaculate scripture, let alone participate in a sorcerous working 😂.

jaydude jaydude just noticed that you have Garret's committed Essence at zero when he has two motes locked up in his Deadly Beastman Transformation Charm. Not that it makes a huge difference at the moment, but I wanted to be accurate.

jaydude jaydude just noticed that you have Garret's committed Essence at zero when he has two motes locked up in his Deadly Beastman Transformation Charm. Not that it makes a huge difference at the moment, but I wanted to be accurate.
Ah. Thanks.

I want to persuade her not to murder a bunch of random people, but she's an elder Lunar so I probably can't do it on my own. Does anyone want to assist me? Two of us can probably do it together - teamwork is absurdly strong in this, especially in social influence.

I want to persuade her not to murder a bunch of random people, but she's an elder Lunar so I probably can't do it on my own. Does anyone want to assist me? Two of us can probably do it together - teamwork is absurdly strong in this, especially in social influence.

How does this work? I'd be willing to try and assist, but in not sure about the mechanics.

There are two ways to assist with Social Influence in Essence. You can Set Up, which is a social influence action rolled against the enemy Resolve. You lower the target's Resolve against a future social influence action made by an ally by your net successes. You can roll non-social skills for Set Up if you can justify them (intimidation with Melee, filing all the right paperwork with Embassy, etc). I think her Resolve against standing down here will be like 10, so this is a difficult option. If you can reliably get more than 10 hits with a skill, it could work.

Alternatively you can aid another, where you roll a relevant pool for the task against difficulty 3 and add your successes in cap breaking dice to someone else's roll.

I have a Finesse of five, and an Embassy of three. I can try an Aid Other roll and hope for some good numbers.

I'm at work right now, so it might take me a bit to write a good post.

Also just to let everyone know, I'm taking a few days to head out of town for a long weekend. I'm bringing my computer, but I don't know how much posing time I'll have until Monday.

[OOC: Tenai has a Resolve of 4. As I indicated in the meta spoiler within my previous post however, she's also currently manifesting the Great Curse - specifically in the form of Enraged Behemoth Rampage - so I'd imagine that any attempts by Maya and Ijara to convince her not to annihilate the Blue Seahawk's crew would fall under unacceptable influence. I'll have it so that the Dissuade action succeeded for the moment though.]
Ah, in Essence the Great Curse doesn't render counter influence Unacceptable, it grants a supporting Major Virtue and Major Intimacy, for a total of +6 Resolve. A big boost, but not insurmountable. So Tennai's Resolve is 10, if she doesn't boost it further.

Tennai can always choose to reject the Influence as normal, though, even if it succeeds.

Ah, in Essence the Great Curse doesn't render counter influence Unacceptable, it grants a supporting Major Virtue and Major Intimacy, for a total of +6 Resolve. A big boost, but not insurmountable. So Tennai's Resolve is 10, if she doesn't boost it further.

Tennai can always choose to reject the Influence as normal, though, even if it succeeds.
Okay. Thanks.

Derp! I knew I forgot to do something! Thanks for the reminder. Let me roll that here right now.

jaydude jaydude Here you go. If I earn any stunt bonus from my IC post, let me know.
I'll go ahead and give both Maya and Ijara a set of Stunt Dice here.

Maya gets five successes for her Set Up move. With Tenai's Resolve being set at ten right now though, this means Maya's roll fails to change it. Ijara's roll on the other hand does succeed, with three threshold successes. Random Word Random Word , you can spend two of those extra successes to have Tenai refrain from slaughtering the Blue Seahawk's crew in her rage for the rest of this scene if you like (right now, she's only dissuaded for a single turn).

Also, I forgot that Psychie Psychie was out of town when I made my original post. I've since edited out Tenai asking Garret for his thoughts, in case anyone else would like to say something here.

Oh, we knew Set Up wouldn't work, that's why Maya was rolling Teamwork for Ijara's Dissuade. So Maya's net successes at difficulty 3 become extra cap breaking dice for Ijara. I'm going to roll Sherwood's stunt dice and then roll the successes.

One more hit, total 6. So 4 extra dice for Ijara, since it says hitting the difficulty grants a die as well.

Maya is very effective! Her 4 dice gave 3 extra hits for a total of 16.

Sherwood Sherwood , you now have a power you can activate any time before Ijara uses her hearthstone again. You can replace any one roll with 16 hits, courtesy of Ijara's fate shenanigans. This applies even if your dice pool is like 3 or something.

I would love to read a Major Virtue and Intimacy, but I also should sneak a Minor Intimacy of Respect in. I'll spend the successes as follows:

2 - Repurchase Dissuade so it lasts a scene instead of a turn. That should buy us enough time to get to the Blue Seahawk ourselves.
3 - Read Intentions to learn Tenai's Major Virtue
1 - Instill a Minor Intimacy of Respect for Maya

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back