• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Exalted Essence: The Young Exalts and the Sea OOC

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
I'm here. Making progress on my character, but not quite there yet.

Before I get too far into my background planning, what is the status, if any, of the Alchemical invasion in this setting? Do you want me to be an old Exalt that was left in Creation in stasis for a while, or can I be a newly minted Exalt from Autochthon as a part of the invasion force?

Before I get too far into my background planning, what is the status, if any, of the Alchemical invasion in this setting? Do you want me to be an old Exalt that was left in Creation in stasis for a while, or can I be a newly minted Exalt from Autochthon as a part of the invasion force?
I mean, I'm really not at all familiar with the Alchemical Invasion. You're welcome to have it be a part of this setting if you want, but you're going to have to walk me through the details.

I too plan on going for a somewhat speedy melee combatant. Probably with a reaper daiklave. Workin on the sheet structure now.

I think I might actually be done, just a request on the Artifact Daiklave. Using Devil Darting Needle p.347 as inspiration with only slight modification, I'd like to request this as the write-up:

Aramitama
Blue Jade Reaper Daiklave

Type: Medium Melee Weapon
Tags: Artifact, Melee, Balanced
Hearthstone slots: 2

When Aramitama is readied, its wielder cannot be targeted by ranged combat attacks during a round if she has already rushed, sprinted (p. 142), or taken other special movement such as those granted by Charms.

Aramitama contains the following evocation:

Thundering Charge
When the wielder successfully rushes an opponent and lands an attack, the wielder may spend 1 Power reflexively to move one range band further beyond their target in the direction of the rush (after the attack and any counterattack resolves) if they have the physical means to do so.

Resonant: The wielder's next attack against an enemy struck with a rush supplemented by Thundering Charge ignores half the opponent's Defense if Withering or half their Soak if Decisive.

jaydude jaydude I want to get a hearthstone to up my Soak, like the Stone of Resilient Bamboo from Arms of the Chosen. Would that still boost my Soak by two, or would it be less than that in this setting?

Getting much closer to done, and should be able to post my sheet soon.

jaydude jaydude I want to get a hearthstone to up my Soak, like the Stone of Resilient Bamboo from Arms of the Chosen. Would that still boost my Soak by two, or would it be less than that in this setting?
I'm going to say that it only boosts it by one for now, same as a suit of Silken Armor. Also, it'll be a Secondary Merit.

So Rykon has 'murder everything in melee' covered. It sounds like EbonChevalier has murder everything at ranged covered. What is your Alchemical going to be strong in, Sherwood Sherwood ?

What is your stance on homebrew for Essence, jaydude jaydude ? Looking around there are some pretty extensive extensions to the Charmset people have put up. Lots of new Martial Arts, Exalt Modes for a lot of Charms that don't have them, lots of new Exalt Charms. The game straight up says every character can and should make Personal Modes for their Charms. It seems to strongly encourage writing our own material, but are there any special rules or constraints you want us to follow besides seeking your approval?

If I'm going with a Sidereal, Violet Bier of Sorrows or Throne Shadow would be nice -

Sneaky Ranged Combat.

Right then, so two sneaky ranged murderers, and a fast melee murderer who is incredibly terrifying if the enemy can't move for some reason, or if he somehow gets the ability to move and rush in the same turn. Maybe Chosen of Battles isn't the right call here 😆 Unless we all want to be primarily focused on murder. jaydude jaydude obviously we should all be ready to fight a giant flying whale and play blitzball, but should we worry at all about non-combat utility or just go all in on murder?

I have a 90% done character posted. Just need some background stuff and I'll be set.

What is your stance on homebrew for Essence, jaydude jaydude ? Looking around there are some pretty extensive extensions to the Charmset people have put up. Lots of new Martial Arts, Exalt Modes for a lot of Charms that don't have them, lots of new Exalt Charms. The game straight up says every character can and should make Personal Modes for their Charms. It seems to strongly encourage writing our own material, but are there any special rules or constraints you want us to follow besides seeking your approval?
If there's material already around, I'm not particularly fussed about homebrew.

jaydude jaydude obviously we should all be ready to fight a giant flying whale and play blitzball...
Lol, was wondering if someone would pick up on the fact that this was inspired by Final Fantasy X.

...but should we worry at all about non-combat utility or just go all in on murder?
It's honestly up to you. Like I said in the interest check, I'm largely going with the Avatar Legends mantra of "play to find out what happens". I provide a basic plot idea, you come up with characters for it, and then I create and plan around that party composition.

That being said, I do envision a fair part of this game's plot as revolving around finding a way to damage/weaken the Feathered Whale prior to your final showdown with it, since a bog-standard Behemoth from Essence is pretty much an impossible fight for an Essence 1 Circle. If any of your characters have non-combat related perks that may be of use in killing this thing, I'll definitely try and make use of them, but I'm also happy to provide my own means to do so if you all want to focus on combat abilities.

Also, I think this goes without saying, but there'll likely be a fair amount of sailing involved here, seeing as we're in the West. Hence why I suggested taking at least one point in Navigation.

I've no qualms taking actions with abilities the character has little to no investment in, I don't mind if we have to fail and adapt a few times, especially with freshly minted Essence characters.

That said, I did put a couple of dots in Navigate just in case.

Lol, was wondering if someone would pick up on the fact that this was inspired by Final Fantasy X.
It's got me really excited to see how this story plays out. Been enjoying XVI recently also.

Right then, so two sneaky ranged murderers, and a fast melee murderer who is incredibly terrifying if the enemy can't move for some reason, or if he somehow gets the ability to move and rush in the same turn.
It'd depend on the charity of another, but aside from rushing between multiple targets, there is also the Ensnare gambit to pin down a target if they are liable to remain on the field for a good while.
Maybe Chosen of Battles isn't the right call here 😆 Unless we all want to be primarily focused on murder.
Nonsense, what better house of destiny to guide the deeds of mighty warriors than Battles? If it's what you want to play, go for it. We'll find a way to make the dynamic work.

Secondary - Resources - Backing from the Paratopolis of Ein
Secondary - Hearthstone - Stone of Resilient Bamboo
Tertiary - Contacts - Spy Network
Tertiary - Artifact - Hearthstone Bracer
I have good news! In Essence, if a Hearthstone doesn't need to be socketed into a weapon, it comes with free jewelry of your choice to socket it in (unless the Bracer is an artifact in its own right that's giving you useful bonuses). You could socket it in your Pulse Cannon (presumably on loan from Ein) too, of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back