• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Exalted Essence: The Young Exalts and the Sea IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
When the five of you next catch sight of the Blue Seahawk, it's lying within the middle of a large patch of jungle, with several hundred meters worth of demolished trees behind it. Members of Tenai's airborne forces circle the crash site, keeping at just beyond Extreme Range of it.

As the five of you move to within Extreme Range of the crash site upon your cloud, Sojiro hears what sounds like the voice of a gruff old man. Curiously though, no-one else in the group can hear it.

"I see the five of you upon your Huraka, and I felt the winds that one of you granted to this ship," the voice says in Old Realm, sounding almost a little curious. "If you wish to speak with us, approach slowly, and at an angle where you can be clearly seen from the ship's stern. Do not make any aggressive gestures, for we are willing to die fighting if we must."

Garret: 2 Anima, 5/5 Motes, 0 Committed Motes
Maya: 0 Anima, 5/5 Motes, 0 Committed Motes, 1 Set of Stunt Dice
Tuyak: 0 Anima, 5/5 Motes, 0 Committed Motes
Sojiro: 1 Anima, 4/5 Motes, 1 Committed Motes (Storm-Calling Strategies)
Ijara: 0 Anima, 5/5 Motes, 0 Committed Motes, 1 Set of Stunt Dice, 0 Will

Last edited:
The shikari steps forward arms raised with Aramitama dangling in its scabbard by the cord in Sojiro's hand. He responds in kind, speaking in Old Realm. "Aye, that was me. I was hoping we could have a chat amongst peers. Fellow Exalted I take it? I am Sojiro of House Tepet. Though judging from the conversation we just had with your likely foe, I suspect that name means nothing to any of you, yes?"

(OOC: The voice was the result of the other party using Wind-Carried-Words Technique to address Sojiro from Extreme Range. I'm going to assume that Sojiro's still on the Huraka, and waited until it flew close enough to the Blue Seahawk for him to speak normally before doing so.)

Upon the stern of the battered-looking Blue Seahawk, Sojiro and the others see an old-looking man in a suit of Blue Jade Plate, the design of which Ijara recognises as dating back to long before the Usurpation. Accompanying the old man are a couple dozen wary-looking mortals armed with bows and clad in archaic but effective looking lamellar armor, as well as what appear to be three more Dragon-blooded; a tall man with a Green Jade Powerbow, a woman wearing a lavender cloak and robe combo, and another man bearing what appears to be a Red Jade naginata.

"I'm afraid your suspicions about your family name are correct, my friend," the old man replies, sounding oddly cheerful for a pre-Shogunate, post-Usurpation Dragon-blooded who's found himself stranded within the middle of a Lunar Dominion. "My name is Mugen Taifung, and I am the captain of this vessel. The man with the powerbow is Takuma Mokuda, a Wood Aspect. The sorceress is Seki Doten, an Earth Aspect, and the man with the naginata is Shin Kazuma, a Fire Aspect."

In contrast to the older man, the other three Dragon-blooded appear to be only a couple of decades old by mortal standards, and their expressions are grim, as if they've resigned themselves to dragging as many of Tenai's warriors down into Malfeas with them as they can.

It's always a thrill to see the power of the family blood, and the peerless command of the sacred relics forged by legends and handed down through generations it provides. Initially alarmed, Ijara relaxes slightly as she realizes Aramitama is not being raised in anger, but to slow the descent of the plummeting airship. "Your wisdom and skill are a credit to your family," she says, barely audible over the storm. What's left of them. At least the ancestors will witness it. The Huraka Olnberin roars its approval, and Ijara enjoys the fond memories brought back by the metallic smell of the storm and the wind whipping through her hair.

As Sojiro introduces himself Ijara takes a long breath in and out. Here goes nothing. "May you step lightly between the cherry blossoms and never cast a shadow, honoured Exalted," she quotes from an Old Realm poem on morality written by a long dead Solar ["I'm in command. The operation needs to be aborted. The enemy is listening, so do not identify me."]. She steps onto the deck with a nod of thanks to Olnberin for conveying them safely. "I am Shale of Medo, though you know not from where I hail. It is an honour to meet each of you, noble Exalts. I bear tidings ill and fair. The ill first: Through sorcery gone awry, though no time has passed for this island - and thus you - millenia have passed in Creation. You have my condolences. Everyone and everything you knew has long since passed." She pauses a moment to let this terrible news land, but has no time to wait while they process it. That could take years.

"Now for the fair: You won the war. Creation still stands, much diminished but alive, thanks to you. The Dragon-blooded Deliberative was created. The war is over, and has been for thousands of years, and there is no need for bloodshed today."

She gestures to the others, "We came here, and broke the enchantment that held you, seeking the long lost Blue Seahawk. We are assembled to attempt to destroy an - to us - ancient Solar weapon that has awakened and is killing innocents. I would welcome your aid, if you can make peace with working with a Lunar and a Solar. Temporarily. Trying times make strange bedfellows, but the cause is just and in this, if little else, we are aligned. If not, I can bring you to safety, where you can learn more of the state of Creation and its history in your long absence."

Last edited:
"Perhaps you know of Aigaion, a flying golden behemoth." Sojiro chimes in. "It's going on a bit of a rampage. Killing civilians, officials, and so on. We managed to deal it a wound grievous enough to force its retreat, but we seek a means to prevent it from eluding us the next time we cross paths with it. I'd rather guarantee that our next encounter with that beast will be its last."

The shikari took a more relaxed posture, returning his sheathed blade to his hip. "As you could tell from before, my affinity for the air and commanding the skies is enough even to hinder a beast such as that. Even though our bloodlines are a multitude of generations apart, I'd like to think we can still hold our own against such things. But, with you all still around that creates some opportunities, no doubt. I echo Shale's regrets at what you all have lost for your time here, yet knowing the host of calamities you've all been spared, I think this fate could prove a great mercy for all of us."

He took a moment to gauge the reaction of the time-torn unit of his seniors before concluding with a very simple question. "So, now that you know where and when you are and why we're here. What say you?"

It's always a thrill to see the power of the family blood, and the peerless command of the sacred relics forged by legends and handed down through generations it provides. Initially alarmed, Ijara relaxes slightly as she realizes Aramitama is not being raised in anger, but to slow the descent of the plummeting airship. "Your wisdom and skill are a credit to your family," she says, barely audible over the storm. What's left of them. At least the ancestors will witness it. The Huraka Olnberin roars its approval, and Ijara enjoys the fond memories brought back by the metallic smell of the storm and the wind whipping through her hair.

As Sojiro introduces himself Ijara takes a long breath in and out. Here goes nothing. "May you step lightly between the cherry blossoms and never cast a shadow, honoured Exalted," she quotes from an Old Realm poem on morality written by a long dead Solar ["I'm in command. The operation needs to be aborted. The enemy is listening, so do not identify me."].
Ijara sees Mugen's eyes widen slightly in response to her quote, allowing the Chosen of Battles to realize that even with the Mask's shattering, this man still recalls the Sidereals and their codes. She can practically sense him trying to avoid giving away any sign of this, anything that might lead to Ijara's companions catching on to what's happening here. Thankfully, the rest of the Dragon-blooded seem ignorant about the quote's true meaning.

( EbonChevalier EbonChevalier Psychie Psychie Rykon Rykon and Sherwood Sherwood , if you like, you can make an Attribute + Awareness roll to see if you notice anything odd about Mugen. His Resolve is 6; base of 4, plus a bonus of 2 for a Minor Intimacy of Deferrence towards the Sidereals.)

I bear tidings ill and fair. The ill first: Through sorcery gone awry, though no time has passed for this island - and thus you - millenia have passed in Creation. You have my condolences. Everyone and everything you knew has long since passed." She pauses a moment to let this terrible news land, but has no time to wait while they process it. That could take years.

"Now for the fair: You won the war. Creation still stands, much diminished but alive, thanks to you. The Dragon-blooded Deliberative was created. The war is over, and has been for thousands of years, and there is no need for bloodshed today."

She gestures to the others, "We came here, and broke the enchantment that held you, seeking the long lost Blue Seahawk. We are assembled to attempt to destroy an - to us - ancient Solar weapon that has awakened and is killing innocents. I would welcome your aid, if you can make peace with working with a Lunar and a Solar. Temporarily. Trying times make strange bedfellows, but the cause is just and in this, if little else, we are aligned. If not, I can bring you to safety, where you can learn more of the state of Creation and its history in your long absence."
Ijara's words about them being sent into the future has some of the mortal soldiers murmuring in horrified disbelief, and the Dragon-blooded - Mugen included - looking unnerved. At least one of them will be expressing regret regarding the state of the ship's liquor store following the crash.

"So that's what the Starmetal-colored flash was about," Mugen mutters, before looking at the five of you, clearly deciding a bit of an explanation's in order. "We came here as part of a fleet. A group of skyships, with the goal of slaying Lady Tenai before she could join her lover Kinmei in battle against us. As we approached the island, we were hit by a shot from a lightning ballista, and our vessel began to lose height. Then the flash came seconds later, and we were alone in the sky. I imagine that was the point we were all cast forward in time."

"Perhaps you know of Aigaion, a flying golden behemoth." Sojiro chimes in. "It's going on a bit of a rampage. Killing civilians, officials, and so on. We managed to deal it a wound grievous enough to force its retreat, but we seek a means to prevent it from eluding us the next time we cross paths with it. I'd rather guarantee that our next encounter with that beast will be its last."

The shikari took a more relaxed posture, returning his sheathed blade to his hip. "As you could tell from before, my affinity for the air and commanding the skies is enough even to hinder a beast such as that. Even though our bloodlines are a multitude of generations apart, I'd like to think we can still hold our own against such things. But, with you all still around that creates some opportunities, no doubt. I echo Shale's regrets at what you all have lost for your time here, yet knowing the host of calamities you've all been spared, I think this fate could prove a great mercy for all of us."

He took a moment to gauge the reaction of the time-torn unit of his seniors before concluding with a very simple question. "So, now that you know where and when you are and why we're here. What say you?"
To Ijara's eyes, Mugen appears grateful to here these words beneath his veneer of grim shock. He's likely glad that he can make a show of agreeing with a fellow Dragon-blooded, rather than deferring to a supposed mortal.

The old Air Aspect gives a shrug of his shoulders. "Well if things are as dire as you say, I'd be happy to help," he says. "Just one problem though. Even with your winds and my own piloting skills, the ship took a pretty bad knock when it landed. I reckon it'll take us at least a few days to get her airborne again, and that's assuming Lady Tenai's willing to accommodate us. To say nothing of whether people with the necessary expertise still exist within Creation."

Ijara turns to Maya hopefully, "Do your talents for creation run deeper than brewing, Maya? Can you help fix it?" Her expression sours, "If not, there's always the Twilight. We have a number of Sorcerers. By hook or by crook, it will fly again."

After accessing the situation and for a good whole being quiet Tulak spoke up. He says to Sojiro. “I cannot speak old realm can you translate what I have to say?” Rykon Rykon

Maya is still feeling cautious around the new Dragon Blooded, even if the threat of violence is fading. She is, after all, a shining display of what these Exalts killed if not all that long ago, at least to their perspective.

She says, "Sadly, I know little of repairing such devices. I can fly the ship once it is air worthy again but that is it."

Sojiro relays the conversation to Tulak in Seatongue and returns to speaking with the first-age Dragons. "Seems my friends and I are at a loss with our current resources. Are there any engineers among you capable of fixing up the vessel?"

He didn't want to mention it aloud, but that anathema that helped break the spell... He could be a fallback, but any flaring of that accursed mark and this lot will likely turn on him immediately. Such a request would have to be handled delicately and after gathering a bit of insight into the attitudes of the exalts from the past.

Mugen gives a shake of his head. "We have the knowledge for making basic repairs, but not for handling damage of this magnitude."

Ijara winces. If her time in the Fellowship had taught her anything, when fate is handing out bad assignments it's best to look incredibly busy. Sadly all the pressing assignments today are unenviable. Since Sojiro had helpfully volunteered himself to introduce the first age Dragons to a Twilight, Ijara turned to Maya, "You made a good impression on Tenai. Would you broker an armistice between Earth and Moon?"

She turns to Mugen, "Noble Exalt, who amongst you would you nominate to speak for you at the negotiating table? I shoud like to see your people safely off this forgotten isle with no furthr bloodshed."

Last edited:
Maya bows to Ijara and says, "I will be honored to serve in any capacity can. If the Great Maker wills it so, I shall guide both sides to see the greater good."

"I will speak on behalf of my crew," Mugen replies to Ijara, before making a show of looking at Sojiro. "So where is Tenai? And where would you and your company have us speak with her?" The Sidereal gets the impression he's speaking as much to her as to the far younger Dragon-blooded.

"By your leave, Lord Tepet," she bows to Sojiro. "Lord Mugen, if you will follow me. Tenai is near." She steps aboard the Olnberin in cloud form and once everyone who wishes to be party to the negotiations has boarded she sets off for what will no doubt be a fraught negotiation sorely lacking in serenity.

Garret is of mixed emotions at the moment. A sizable part of him would love to stand at Tenai's side as they slaughter the Dragon Blooded together, but he is forcing himself to play nice with the Usurpers because of the need to stop the behemoth.

All in all, he is going to try to keep his mouth shut so he doesn't cause a full blown fight.

[OOC: New "session". Resetting everyone's anima and stunt dice counts to zero.]

Mugen steps onto the back of the Onlberin, and lets himself be borne towards the plateau where the five of you previously spoke with Tenai. When you get there though, the elder Lunar is nowhere to be seen; there is only a pair of her feathered lizard beastfolk waiting for you.

"Lady Tenai heard about a ship that had been discovered in her waters, and went off to investigate," one of the beastfolk explains to you. The eyes of him and his companion focus on Mugen for a bit - the pair no doubt identifying him as an enemy in the conflict they once fought in millenia ago - but they make no move to attack, and turn back to you. "Do not worry. She should return here shortly."

Sure enough, Tenai returns shortly after you do, the Lunar's great bird form flying towards the plateau from the rough direction of the Crowned Falcon. When she lands however, you soon see that she's not alone.

"Fancy seeing you five again," Cid says with a wave, before sliding off Tenai's back and landing upon the ground like a young man. Tenai shifts back into her human form moments later; her mood seems so have only barely improved since you last saw her, and her eyes narrow when she spots Mugen.

With obvious effort, she turns away from the old Air Aspect and looks at the five of you. "So I see you managed to bring one of the Dragon-blooded to the table," she remarks.

Garret: 0 Anima, 5/5 Motes, 0 Committed Motes
Maya: 0 Anima, 5/5 Motes, 0 Committed Motes
Sojiro: 0 Anima, 5/5 Motes, 0 Committed Motes
Ijara: 0 Anima, 5/5 Motes, 0 Committed Motes, 0 Will

Sojiro gives Cid a nod before turning to speak with Tenai. "Of course we did. If our unlikely crew can cooperate in this crisis what makes you think we couldn't speak with them as simply as we did with you? I am Dragon-Blooded just as Garret here is a Lunar after all."

The shikari shakes his head turning back to see Cid's condition. "Speaking of talking peacefully... I hope you didn't cause too much trouble for the man who helped release you all from your shrouded stasis?"

Once he was satisfied, he gave out a sigh before moving to the issue at hand. "I'd love nothing more than to sit here and discuss the wonders, tales, and war stories of a lost time with each of you here, but we should focus on the mission first. Lives are at stake here even as we speak... The ship is not currently skyworthy and in need of a more trained hand at repairs than the crew currently has. This isn't even considering what supplies we might need to gather yet also. Cid, your kind are known for their acumen in these fields. Are you willing to take a look and see if there's anything you can lend a hand with? I'm sure the chance to lay hands on even a wrecked ship like this is a rare treat, no?"

The shikari shakes his head turning back to see Cid's condition. "Speaking of talking peacefully... I hope you didn't cause too much trouble for the man who helped release you all from your shrouded stasis?"
Cid gives a smile at this, as if pleasantly surprised to witness a Dynast expressing concern for him. "Oh, no need to worry. Lady Tenai and her people simply wanted to know why I came here, and they warmed up to me considerably once they found out what I was. I've just been bringing her up to speed a little on how Creation has changed since her time."

Tenai then smiles at Mugen in the same way a river dragon might when it spots appetizing prey. "I am told that after the Solars and Lunars were betrayed and cast down, the Dragon-blooded lost most of Creation to the Wyld's monstrosities," she says, her voice like icy water looking to seep through chinks in the old Air Aspect's armor. "So much for your coup, I say."

Mugen grimaces at these words, but resists the bait presented to him.

Once he was satisfied, he gave out a sigh before moving to the issue at hand. "I'd love nothing more than to sit here and discuss the wonders, tales, and war stories of a lost time with each of you here, but we should focus on the mission first. Lives are at stake here even as we speak... The ship is not currently skyworthy and in need of a more trained hand at repairs than the crew currently has. This isn't even considering what supplies we might need to gather yet also. Cid, your kind are known for their acumen in these fields. Are you willing to take a look and see if there's anything you can lend a hand with? I'm sure the chance to lay hands on even a wrecked ship like this is a rare treat, no?"
"Oh, I'd be happy to have a look," Cid replies. "And I daresay I can be of help in regards to repairs. Before I received the Unconquered Sun's blessing, I was already a scholar of Shogunate and pre-Shogunate lore. And since then, I've come to believe that at least one of my exaltation's past incarnations was a shipwright during the time of the Solars."

"That is indeed the case," Fabien whispers into Shale/Ijara's ear.

Cid meanwhile looks towards Mugen, the Twilight having evidently worked out his role in this. "Would you object to allowing me onboard your vessel, Captain...?"

"Mugen Taifung," the old Air Aspect replies, folding his arms as he regards the Twilight with a look like a cool wind. "I trust you are the Solar that Tepet Sojiro's sorceress mentioned to me earlier?"

"Indeed I am," Cid replies. "My name is Cid Lightwind, and I am a Solar of the Twilight Caste."

Mugen gives a small nod of his head. "Well I don't know how your kind managed to evade our efforts to keep you from coming back, but I'll grant that you at least don't look like one of the mad sorcerers of my time. You seem a good deal more humble too," he says. "Very well. If Sojiro believes you can be trusted, I will permit you to board and inspect my vessel."

"I have resources upon this island that can likely aid in any necessary repairs to the ship," Tenai says. "That said, you will forgive me for being hesitant to lend them out to a traitor."

The old Air Aspect's eyes narrow. "The Solars and Lunars were the first traitors," he replies. "The Solars were entrusted with ruling over Creation with justice and fairness by the Incarnae, but then they became corrupt. Decadent. Tyrannical. All while the majority of you Lunars - the ones who were supposedly closest to the Solars - did nothing to stop them going down their dark paths. You think the behemoth that Sojiro and his compatriots seek to slay is the only horror of theirs? They would have turned Creation into another Malfeas if we hadn't risen up against them."

"And who's to say your Sidereal masters didn't lead the Solars down that dark path?" Tenai asks, prompting Cid to furrow his brow over what the Malfeas a Sidereal is. "They were mentors, advisors and viziers to the Solars. The way I see it, they were in the ideal position to lead the Solars astray, thus gaining the perfect excuse to seize Creation for themselves."

Tenai's accusation is followed by a lull in the conversation. If any of you five would like to speak up, now's as good a time as any.

Last edited:
Ijara nods approvingly at Sojiro's level-headed call for unity before threats to Creation. Then Tenai speaks. And keeps speaking.

Should the Argent Madonna herself descend from heaven and take the form of a moon silver mirror, still Tenai's soul could not be laid bare more completely for all to see. Sometimes you need a reminder of why this is all worth it. Fate provides. With that single fleeting glance all serenity she may have started the day with evaporates. What she's about to do isn't wise. No omen portends auspicious prospects for mouthing off to full moons. But fuck if it isn't fated to be really satisfying for the five seconds before she gets decked by the titan-slaying war machine strapped to this sulking child.

Ijara goes very still, and replies with a cold fury that could freeze the Pole of Fire. "Their astrologers drove the Solar host to madness. The Solar host who plundered the tombs of the Neverborn. Who held lavish parties in the depths of the Wyld. Who studied the dreams of Sacheverell. We'll be certain to have our historians look into that hypothesis. And did the Solar's astrologers drive the Lunar host to madness as well? Some of your contemporaries are still alive. Did Cid mention that? They have not become more sane in the intervening millennia, and I promise none of the Solar's astrologers are alive today to advise them. Raksi has been known to feast on the live infants of her enemies to spread fear. Leviathan sunk an entire city and killed every denizen out of spite. Now, if you're done feeling smug over the deaths of billions of innocents, perhaps we can negotiate an armistice to this war that ended millennia ago? Or shall we spend today bickering uselessly about ancient history while Creation burns and her people die for the hubris of Solar artifice?"

Who builds a weapon with a default state of 'annihilate random cities' in the absence of orders? Is this really the ethical position I'm arguing against today?

Last edited:
Tenai regards Ijara with no small amount of scorn. "Is that the version of history taught by the Scarlet Empire? The dominion that relies upon demonizing Solars and Lunars to keep its people in thrall?" she asks, before turning her gaze towards the Twilight. "What do you say, Cid? Is there truth to her words?"

Cid gives both women apologetic looks. "If there is, I haven't been able to confirm it for myself," he replies. "I will say though that the best stories have at least a hint of truth to them."

Tenai lets out a grumble, then looks back at Mugen. "Let's say for the sake of discussion that I provide the raw materials necessary to get the Blue Seahawk skyworthy, and consent to you and your crew flying it off this island," she says. "Assuming you do manage to slay Aigaion, what's to stop you from taking your ship and swearing allegiance to the Scarlet Empire?"

"For starters, my crew and I are very much new to this version of Creation, just like you and your people. As of now, I know next to nothing about this Scarlet Empire," Mugen replies.

"It's the foremost successor to the dominion established by the Dragon-blooded after the Solars were cast down," Cid chimes in. "The Dragon-blooded reign supreme there, and it's considered by many to be the greatest and most powerful dominion in all of Creation."

Do any of you wish to voice your own thoughts on the Scarlet Empire?

"I won't hide the fact that I harbor a great deal of cynicism in my assessment of my nation and my more immediate kin. Those of you who had been sealed away here would know little of the specific political posturings within the state or the various dynastic lineages that claw and grasp at whatever scraps they can get beneath the auspices of their Empress." Sojiro starts to chime in. "Which has grown insufferably obnoxious in her long absence, I might add."

"Suffice it to say, many warriors of my own house have fallen due to the blatant and shameless machinations of our rival houses. Machinations that leveraged this feud which is still fought across the world to this day." The shikari paused to look at the Lunars amongst them. "And before I have to suffer the gloating of people trying to point fingers of accusation, or questioning our capabilities... The same blood you were no doubt about to cast with the label of eternal backstabbers is the same blood that you and your people have yet to overcome in two thousand years. Lunars stand just as fragmented and self-interested as we ever were. So let none of us deny our failings as individuals or as disparate peoples."

"Yet, for all my misgivings I should make at least a show of representing my interests and those of my kin. We are in dire need of numbers, experience, blood." He emphasizes carefully. "If you are to so jealously guard possession of the ship itself I will concede claim to the issue... On two conditions... First, those of the crew are to be left unmolested and allowed passage to Tepet lands to meet with our leadership. What we decide as far as allegiances... Well, I'm sure it will remain hotly debated for some time. Second, I will likely be flayed alive if I agree to deliver a first age ship formerly crewed and piloted by Dragon-Blooded into the hands of Lunars and Solars. Rather, I would submit custody of the Blue Seahawk to Tulak and the spirit court to aid in conflicts against the Lintha, Fae, and other miscreants on the seas. That is, assuming it survives our venture. That should provide a suitably neutral party between our factions, no?"

"Handing the ship over to a neutral party would be a wise and fair decision in these circumstances," Cid agrees. "And the spirit courts of the West have yet to take a side in the conflict between the Lunars and the Dragon-blooded so far."

From the look on his face, Mugen finds appeal in the prospect offered to him by Sojiro. "Very well. Assuming we can triumph over Aigaion, I will turn my vessel over to the spirit courts of the West, provided safe passage is granted to us," he declares. "I cannot promise my crew and I will swear allegiance to your house, Sojiro. But I will at least hear them out."

Tenai's mouth is curled in a frown, but she does at least appear mollified by Sojiro's proposal of what to do about the Blue Seahawk. "If me and my people cannot retain possession of the skyship, I will concede to turning it over to a neutral faction," she says after several seconds of silence. "I cannot say I'll be happy about it though, losing such an asset whilst within a world far less friendly to my kind."

"Your situation is far from hopeless, Lady Tenai," Cid assures her. "There are other Lunars in the West, and they will be most grateful to have you and your people as allies. The Solars have also returned, with as much reason to oppose the Wyld Hunt as you do. Who knows, you may even be fortunate to come across Kinmei's reincarnation."

Tenai slowly nods her head. "Very well. You let me know what you need, and I will do my best to provide it."

Tulak keeps mum on his opinion of the Scarlet Empire his circle mates know of well how he feels. But at the mention of the sea courts he feels the need to speak up. He almost squealed in joy like Maiden at a groom choosing ceremony when Sojiro proposed giving him the Bluehawk. But he kept his excitement down. “Thank you Sojiro this will do much to help the people of the west. Piracy, slave raid and the damn Lintha have been quite the problem. I’ll see to getting an audience with my grandfather when the business of this monster is complete.”

Last edited:
Sojiro gives a silent exhalation at an unquestioned diplomatic victory. On the surface, to many, it would seem like a heavy sacrifice to walk away from a ship like that. However, there are a few benefits to this outcome for the Tepets. First and foremost, taking possession of a vessel that was marked by the Cathaks for eventual discovery would lead to an internal dispute within the Realm. Complaints would be made, bribes would be paid, and as quickly as it came home it'd end up in a Cathak armory thanks to a kangaroo claims court, possibly even scattering these elders amongst the rest of the Dynasty. Second was the cost of deploying the damn thing. Actually making use of a vessel like the Blue Seahawk in the long term was not something a fallen house would engage in frequently. Better that it goes to a purpose that could ease everyone's conscience at once... Harassing the Lintha.

"I wouldn't thank me too much. As I said, I am still acting in my interests here. Regardless, I think we can all agree the causes the spirit court are liable to put the ship to have the highest chance of benefiting us all in the long run. Even though I'm sure its crew are none too happy to have their ship squabbled over in such a crass manner, right in their faces no less." Sojiro gives the group of elder exalts an apologetic bow. "I am sorry for that. I had given this matter a great deal of thought on our way here. While the context of the dispute is quite a bit different than what I'd expected, the result is more or less the same it seems."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back