• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Exalted 3e - Southbound

Droxx Droxx Also, if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. We can all assist you in getting a handle on things.

I can offer assistance, too! I am far from the best at Exalted, but I do know a few things about the game that might come in handy.

okay thank you so much got tons to read how long you going to wait to start ?

As others have said, you'll want to have a concept ready first. So best to read over the various Castes of the Solars, and the Abilities, and see what strikes your fancy.
We can all help you put together a character.

I'm working on a character and have a question. Are we going to be working out of one particular city, or moving about a lot? I'm debating on getting some contacts or a hearthstone. Not sure which to grab.

I was looking at being a goverment body but if we plan on exploring could still be worth it if still a thing

I'm working on a character and have a question. Are we going to be working out of one particular city, or moving about a lot? I'm debating on getting some contacts or a hearthstone. Not sure which to grab.
I was looking at being a goverment body but if we plan on exploring could still be worth it if still a thing

The chronicle takes place in the South, if you keep your intimacies and merits related to the South, there shouldn't be any issue. The Dreaming Sea while in the Southeast is more East direction stuff than South, so wouldn't recommend having anything related to the Dreaming Sea.

Like don't pick contacts for the Lintha Family for example, when here in the South, the odds of dealing with that faction are close to zero. The Guild is one of the obvious organizations in the South, but that's among many other factions.

Hearthstone/Manse are fine since your circle might want a home base or HQ where you can regroup or rest your head there.

Influence merit, for example, wouldn't be too useful if you decide to pick influence for the Haslanti League or something like that.

You can be a government body, but as I mentioned, it's all about the South, so if you decide to be some political figure and the likes, make sure it is of course related to that Direction.

Now there are some exceptions, if you are a Sidereal for example, since it is relatively easy to get back to Yu-Shan, you can have your manse/contact etc...in Yu-Shan, since you could either visit there during downtime or sometime even bring your circle if something important were to happen. I would recommend for Sidereals working for the Bureau to be part of the Convention on the South. If you don't want to work for the bureau, rogue sidereal, you would have to decide if you want to be associated with Rakan Thulio or not.

How are we doing in getting this going? Are we still on?

I wasn't sure if you wanted characters sent to you in a pm or if you wanted to see them in their own character thread.

• Name: Reyna San
    Exalt Type: Sidereal
    Caste: Secrets

Attributes
    Str: 2
    Dex: 5
    Sta: 2

Cha: 2
    Man: 2
    App: 3

Per: 2
    Int: 5
    Wits: 4

Abilities
    Archery
    *Athletics: 3
    *Awareness: 3
    Brawl
    Bureaucracy
    Craft: 1
    *Dodge: 5 - Specialty
    Integrity
    *Investigation: 3
    *Larceny: 1
    Linguistics: 1
    *Lore: 3 - (First Age Knowledge)
    *Martial Arts: 5 - (Swords)
    Medicine
    Melee
    *Occult: 5 - (Sorcery)
    Performance
    Presence
    *Resistance: 3
    Ride
    Sail
    Socialize
    *Stealth: 3
    Survival
    Thrown
    War

Last edited:
No worries. I'm suffering from some insomnia, too, so I feel your pain.

yeah, insomnia alright feeling better, let see:

-As noted by people for the manuscript, Silken armor is technically 4-dot to keep up with the introduction of them in earlier books.

-I assume Destiny is a homebrew Starmetal Daiklave, I think TN manipulation at no cost might be a tad too much. With Sidereals already having their excellency with TN reduction my suggestion would be to say the benefit is to get the evocation for free and as part of the first evocation instead of doing all the numbers stuff, could say something like once per day you get full excellency (including TN) reduction for free and simply just increase parry as part of the default effect of the charm. You can even add a reset condition for the evocation.

-everything else is pretty good (yeah I know you said you are working on intimacies and background), would recommend to note somewhere the Lore background, at least some vague note of it, so we are on the same page.

The Silken Armor is straight from the Sidereal manuscript. I got the sword from a release from drivethrurpg.com called Masterworks. While I will hate to lose it, I can search for a different weapon in the books. It will most likely even be cheaper, giving me a point or two back to put somewhere else.

I'll have more work done on her as we get closer to game start.

I know the silken armor is from the manuscript, I'm just saying the devs/writers have mentioned that it is supposed to be 4-dots because it is not the first time silken armor has shown up in the books. It shows up in the corebook as a 4-dot artifact armor. I guess it technically doesn't matter as much right now, but just fyi for later on the final release.

Oh, I see Masterwork is a ST vault product, I was not familiar with this one. I would be curious to ask the author about it.

I know the silken armor is from the manuscript, I'm just saying the devs/writers have mentioned that it is supposed to be 4-dots because it is not the first time silken armor has shown up in the books. It shows up in the corebook as a 4-dot artifact armor. I guess it technically doesn't matter as much right now, but just fyi for later on the final release.

Oh, I see Masterwork is a ST vault product, I was not familiar with this one. I would be curious to ask the author about it.
Do you want me to swap out the sword for a different weapon? I can go either way with it.

As for the armor, should I go ahead and assign an extra dot to it to make it four points?

Do you want me to swap out the sword for a different weapon? I can go either way with it.

As for the armor, should I go ahead and assign an extra dot to it to make it four points?

We could tweak the sword even more so, since you didn't buy evocations for it yet. But if you have no strong prefence for it, can go ahead and pick up another weapon.

Sure might as well, just add another dot.

We could tweak the sword even more so, since you didn't buy evocations for it yet. But if you have no strong prefence for it, can go ahead and pick up another weapon.

Sure might as well, just add another dot.
Ok. I'll probably go with a generic three dot daiklave of starmetal since there are so few written ones of that material written out, put one more dot into the armor, and find something for that last point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back