• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Exalted 3e - Southbound

Eternal Alchemist

In the South of creation, where the Pole of Fire blasts heatwaves over the whole deserts and spawns powerful storms, there are people living in these harsh lands and trading while dealing with various tyrants who have gathered all their wealth and power. You are one of the few called an Exalted, coming to Chiaroscuro, the City of Vermilion Glass ruled by the Delzhan. This is the biggest and wealthiest city in the South and where your heroes will begin their chronicle in the South.

Solars, Lunars, Sidereals, Exigents (Celestial Tier) and the Umbral apocryphal are playable for the choice of Exalted Types.

The following optional rules from the Crucible of Legend supplement are in play: Adjudicating Higher Difficulties, Easier Stunts, Combat Movement, Gambits with the Travel and Journey system.

What are these?
Umbral are a new exalted type introduced in the Exigents manuscript, they are the chosen of Nebiru but to keep it simple, essentially they have a shadow persona with them, so the character dynamic is similar to characters like Bruce Banner/the Hulk for example Ichigo with Zangetsu in Bleach, . They do get cool shadow powers (functioning a bit like symbiotes/venom) and essentially as the player you pretty much design your own conflict/drama. The more you give into your shadow, the more powerful you get. It's somewhat a different play experience (juggling two personalities) but if you love the whole have a dark side and playing into it, it's pretty much a fun experience.

I was thinking of making a Full Moon Lunar who is an ex city guard of Chiaroscuro. He was almost killed by his fellow officers when he tried revealing corruption. They threw him off one of the great glass tower with his arms and legs bound. He would have died if a passing silver bird hadn't taught him the secret of fight. Gifted a Lunar exaltation he took the form of a hawk and saved himself. He then flew up the tower and pecked out the eyes of the man who threw him off. Now living under an assumed identity in the slums of Chiaroscuro he works as something of private detective. Looking deeping to the corruption of the City guards and seeing how far it goes.

Alternatively I could make a Eclipse Caste Solar who was a burgeoning poet and author. Who found an ancient scroll from the first age that held sorcerous secrets. A local collecter of rare and prized item tired to buy it off her. When she wouldn't sell he had some hired muscle to take it from her by force. She flee's from them but manages to cast one of the weaker spells from the scroll to kill them. In that moment she was gifted with the mark of the unconquerable sun.

Interesting, corruption theme is a possibility but will say in Chiaroscuro it's kind of intriguing since for the residents living in the Plaza, they are protected from crimes, someone who tries to harm the resident is turned into a mindless servant. Granted it doesn't cover the whole city and the Delzhan also have a duelist culture for honor and all that jazz. But Grandmother Bright the spirit taking care of the Plaza is pretty much the ultimate information broker (if you need to find something, she knows).

You could say the collector is simply a guild merchant prince or something, Chiaroscuro does deal with the Guild frequently. If you want to expand on that idea and have future enemies related to the Guild.

I am interested in this, assuming it is still open. I just need to decide what kind of Exalt to play. I do love my Lunar Exaled, but I would also enjoy a Sidereal.

Then I definitely want to toss my hat into the ring here.

I am leaning towards the Sidereal; they are new to 3e, and I've played Lunar Exalted before.

What is the Crucible of Legend supplement? Is it available on drivethrurpg.com?

Edit: I see the book, and it has some very mixed reviews. Is it worth getting?

What is the Crucible of Legend supplement? Is it available on drivethrurpg.com?
I am leaning towards the Sidereal; they are new to 3e, and I've played Lunar Exalted before.

Yes it is on Drivethrurpg, it's the ST guide for 3e supplement pretty much came out not too long ago, but I will explain the optional rules from there in game for those who don't have it. Sidereals are neat.

Am considering throwing my hat in the ring as well. Hopefully RL doesn't provide too much trouble.

But I have a simple concept:
Emerald Lilly is a petite woman, of Delzhan descent, that worked for years as a healer for her people. She saw to the wounds of everyone. But then, a vile creature attacked her village, and it was only the bravery of the warriors that felled it, but not before it delivered severe wounds to many of them, including her husband. Distraught, she knew that if she focused on one, the others are likely to die, and while her husband was dying, there are more capable warriors among her clan to tend to, so the clan doesn't starve. But as she took her bag, and her herbal medicines to treat he closest of the wounded, she was surrounded by a golden glow, and exalted as Twilight. Working fast, she helped most of her clansmen recover, but in so doing, her husband died, since by the time she reached him, her Essence was spent, and she couldn't muster enough to save him.

She has since made her lodgings in a tor near Chiaroscuro, welcoming everyone who needs his wounds treated. She sometimes ventures to the city, mostly to get herbs that she cannot forage for herself.

She will have Supernal Medicine, Wood Dragon Style, and will have Wood Dragon's Claw as her Control Spell.

Uh, yeah. Derp. Lol

Miracles of the Solar Exalted is fine, as for what type of character is all up to you.

Am considering throwing my hat in the ring as well. Hopefully RL doesn't provide too much trouble.

But I have a simple concept:
Emerald Lilly is a petite woman, of Delzhan descent, that worked for years as a healer for her people. She saw to the wounds of everyone. But then, a vile creature attacked her village, and it was only the bravery of the warriors that felled it, but not before it delivered severe wounds to many of them, including her husband. Distraught, she knew that if she focused on one, the others are likely to die, and while her husband was dying, there are more capable warriors among her clan to tend to, so the clan doesn't starve. But as she took her bag, and her herbal medicines to treat he closest of the wounded, she was surrounded by a golden glow, and exalted as Twilight. Working fast, she helped most of her clansmen recover, but in so doing, her husband died, since by the time she reached him, her Essence was spent, and she couldn't muster enough to save him.

She has since made her lodgings in a tor near Chiaroscuro, welcoming everyone who needs his wounds treated. She sometimes ventures to the city, mostly to get herbs that she cannot forage for herself.

She will have Supernal Medicine, Wood Dragon Style, and will have Wood Dragon's Claw as her Control Spell.

A healer, sounds fun and going for Wood Dragon style, nice.

Sherwood Sherwood I just noticed you updated the question, Crucible is nice imo but it is in early access (so no final errata right now) and I think some people expected too much from the "simplified crafting rules", as the devs/writers said before at most it would just be some tweaks but will admit also a reason, I'm not using the simplified crafting rules...it brings up a lot of questions or would require to almost overhaul many crafting charms before it is valid, so waiting to see the final errata on that. Besides this, everything else is pretty good, from the ST advice to the other optional rules and advices.

I’m thinking of going with my full moon lunar idea any parts of Chiaroscuro that are corrupt enough to have cops killing cops?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back