• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Exalted 2.5 - Sidereals in Creation

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
As the title says, this would be a game focused on the Sidereals of Exalted. Looking for 3 to 4 players that know the system. You are starting out as Established Exalts from Dreams of the First Age and the Scroll of Errata, with a few modifications. I want to have a game that utilizes the Sidereal Martial Arts, so everyone will be starting out with a complete Terrestrial or Celestial Martial Art that does not count against your starting Charm totals, giving you the ability to have a SMA (or, at least, a handful of Charms from one of them).

Once I get some interest built up, I'll open up a forum and post the details of character creation.

vinom said:
Sounds like it might be very fun.
I'm hoping so. Forgot to add that while you will be using DotFA for character generation, this is taking place in the standard world of Exalted, right around the time of the Return of the Scarlet Empress.

Esbilon said:
I'm interested. Maybe @Epiphany is as well.
Good deal. I have seen Pips post in other games of mine, and she would be more than welcome joining us.

Well, lets get the details of character generation up.

Established Exalts begin with 9/7/6 in Attributes, 38 dots of Abilities, 20 dots of Backgrounds, 30 Charms, 5 dots in Virtues, 35 Bonus Points, 14 dots in Colleges, with at least 7 of those within the five Colleges associated with your Maiden, starting Essence of 4 with a max Essence you can buy is Essence 6. Everyone starts with a complete Terrestrial OR Celestial Martial Art technique that does NOT come out of your 30 starting Charms, and I would like to see characters start out with at least up to the Form Charm of a Sidereal Martial Art. No Flaws allowed for points, but you may have zero point Flaws as flavor for your character.

Characters will be between 300 to 600 years old, and can be of any Faction in the Celestial Bureaucracy. From you age and the small number of Sidereals that there are, you will all know each other prior to game start, how well is up to you to decide.

Do you have any thoughts on which SMAs are and are not broken? And perhaps some of the unofficial fixes to them?

I am indeed interested! As Sidereals are the Exalted splat I love and adore beyond all others.

Plus, Dreams of the First Age character generation solves some of the build issues for Sidereals (i.e. to make even an average, generally competent and functional field agent normally takes hundreds of xp before they're believable).

To be clear, these are modern characters using better build rules? Or are these actually DotFA characters time-warped or something into the present?

Sherwood said:
Well, lets get the details of character generation up.
Established Exalts begin with 9/7/6 in Attributes, 38 dots of Abilities, 20 dots of Backgrounds, 30 Charms, 5 dots in Virtues, 35 Bonus Points, 14 dots in Colleges, with at least 7 of those within the five Colleges associated with your Maiden, starting Essence of 4 with a max Essence you can buy is Essence 6. Everyone starts with a complete Terrestrial OR Celestial Martial Art technique that does NOT come out of your 30 starting Charms, and I would like to see characters start out with at least up to the Form Charm of a Sidereal Martial Art. No Flaws allowed for points, but you may have zero point Flaws as flavor for your character.

Characters will be between 300 to 600 years old, and can be of any Faction in the Celestial Bureaucracy. From you age and the small number of Sidereals that there are, you will all know each other prior to game start, how well is up to you to decide.
Query, how much leeway have we in establishing out reputation and history?

Epiphany said:
I am indeed interested! As Sidereals are the Exalted splat I love and adore beyond all others.
Plus, Dreams of the First Age character generation solves some of the build issues for Sidereals (i.e. to make even an average, generally competent and functional field agent normally takes hundreds of xp before they're believable).

To be clear, these are modern characters using better build rules? Or are these actually DotFA characters time-warped or something into the present?
You are modern age Sidereals, not ones from the First Age. You have been around for a few hundred years, and have made your name in the Celestial Bureaucracy as good problem solvers.

vinom said:
Query, how much leeway have we in establishing out reputation and history?
I'll give you a good amount of slack on your back story and reputations, but don't go too hog wild. I suggest a bunch of contacts and influences.

Esbilon said:
Do you have any thoughts on which SMAs are and are not broken? And perhaps some of the unofficial fixes to them?
I don't. I've never gotten the chance to actually use a SMA, since they require so many points to get to.

I'll make up the forum in a bit and post the link to it here.

Sherwood said:
I'll give you a good amount of slack on your back story and reputations, but don't go too hog wild. I suggest a bunch of contacts and influences.
I'm thinking it took quite some time to get over the reputation my previous incarnation built as a crackpot for his vocal opinion that the Great Geas should be lifted, that the Jadeborn should be entrusted to build the Second Age with the Lunars, and that they couldn't trust the Shoguns or this New Empress chick not to mess things up.

I'll let you slide in under the wire. After you, the game is closed unless someone drops out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back