• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Escape Room/Mystery RP (Sadly Full!)

Anne Boolean

One Thousand Club
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
I want to start a role play that works similar to the Zero Escape series. If you haven't played Zero Escape, in some ways it's similar to Saw, except without the gore and death. Basically, a group of individuals are thrown into situations where they have to solve puzzles to escape certain death.

I'm assuming the role of the GM for how puzzles work, although I'll also have a character to help along when things seem to be at a standstill. I'll play minor side characters as well. I'd like to have a smaller group for this, 3 - 5 other people, and am looking for someone to co-GM and help think of puzzles. I'd be happy to take puzzle suggestions from other role players, and even have them GM with their character taking a backseat for those.

The premise I have in mind is our characters are students at a boarding school, and find themselves incapacitated and put into one of these challenges. This continues to happen over time, and while continuing to survive through these games the characters will have to figure out why it's happening, who's behind it, and how to stop them.

If you're interested, please post here. If there's enough people interested I'll get something set up.

I'm happy to see some interest! I'll wait for a little bit more time to hopefully get one or two more people and then I'll get started making the necessary threads. If anyone is interested in co-GMing or has any puzzle ideas right off the bat, let me know. The puzzle rooms don't need to be what can be found in a typical boarding school, btw. Who knows if they're even taking place at the school anyway? 👀

Alright, we have 5 people including me, so I'll play 2 characters to make it an even 6. I've also created the OOC and characters threads:

And I now realized that I should have put some rules at the beginning of this search thread. There's really only 3 big ones, as I figure you guys aren't gonna do anything crazy:

1. Don't have your character be perfect. They can't know the answer to everything at all times. Let others' characters have a turn to solve a problem.
2. Try to make your posts 2 - 3 paragraphs in length. I won't be super strict with this, but this is usually what I've seen replies come out to when they acknowledge what happened in the previous posts and give something to respond to.
3. Ideally folks would be posting once again, but I think that's pretty unrealistic, so on average try to post every 2 - 3 days. Please give me a heads up if you'll be gone a week. Sadly if a week passes without a post from you or any heads up, I'll have to give you the boot.

I was waiting to see if others wanted to join, but I can't wait, so I'll be stealing a spot!

... If I can, that is. o-o;

I’d be interested in being a character or a Co-GM if that’s still open!
Surprisingly we managed to get 6 already, but hey, we can make an exception for one more! The links to the character thread and stuff should be above. I already found a co-GM, but we're completely open to ideas for puzzles. You can even GM a puzzle of your own if you want!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back