Episode 3: School of Hard Knocks

[SIZE= 24px]Collateral Damage[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 24px]&[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 24px]YOU[/SIZE]

Byline: @Manic Muse, @Aldur (and me)

Other@s @KingHink[FONT= 'Arial Black'] [/FONT]@simj22[SIZE= 15px] [/SIZE]@ViAdvena[FONT= 'Arial Black'] [/FONT]@RemainingQuestions[FONT= 'Arial Black'] [/FONT]@Teh Frixz

[SIZE= 14.666666666666666px]Eve’s eyes returned to normal. No more flashy lights were to be found. She shrugged convincingly in Jamie’s direction while pacing towards Mr. Mallory. “[/SIZE][SIZE= 14.666666666666666px]You called?[/SIZE][SIZE= 14.666666666666666px]” [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.666666666666666px]“Ms. Knox, I’d like to discuss something with you privately, a little background noise if you please?”[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.666666666666666px]“[/SIZE][SIZE= 14.666666666666666px]Coming right up![/SIZE][SIZE= 14.666666666666666px]” The sounds slowly faded into existence, revealing [/SIZE][SIZE= 14.666666666666666px]Activate Your Steel by MegaDrive[/SIZE][SIZE= 14.666666666666666px] playing. Loud enough to cancel whispers and secrets being thrown away.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.666666666666666px]Aaron leaned in close, speaking just barely loud enough to be heard over the covering noise from the speakers in Eve’s arms.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.666666666666666px]“Do you trust me, Ms. Knox?”[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.666666666666666px]Eve looked Mr. Mallory straight in the eyes and shrugged into a nod and a “[/SIZE][SIZE= 14.666666666666666px]Yeah![/SIZE][SIZE= 14.666666666666666px]”. Aaron had likely not noticed her slight chuckle from under the bandana.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.666666666666666px]“Jamie Bishop needs a bit of a wake up call, before her hubris gets somebody killed. I want you to join me in the trap in place of the dummies.  I think if the stakes are raised to the point that we seem to be in real danger, she will act accordingly. So: I propose to remove the safety cable, and trigger the trap with us in it. I can stop it if need be, but I think she will try to pull us out. For you, that will work, but I am far too heavy to move; her power will pull her to me instead. I think the unexpected reversal of her power would be far more effective than any verbal reprimand could be. Still up for that?[/SIZE][SIZE= 24px] [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.666666666666666px]Eve, at that moment, would have loved to pull her shades down her nose and give Mr. Mallory a look of agreement, but because her face was such a horror show, she decided against it and instead, she nodded and said “[/SIZE][SIZE= 14.666666666666666px]Count me in.[/SIZE][SIZE= 14.666666666666666px]”[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.666666666666666px]“Good. I think our best chance of bypassing her natural defensiveness, is if the other students aren’t watching her test. Perhaps you could suggest that Luci go with Mary and Tabitha to the cafeteria?”[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.666666666666666px]Page was in shock. This Mr. Mallory seemed like a mad scientist but then again, he also seemed to be a logical sort, who had planned this all out. All the requests of her were completely reasonable, how aggravating! At a loss of what to make of the situation, Page quickly found herself pushed to the back of Mr. Mallory's priority list.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.666666666666666px]Squinting daggers at him from behind the wide rims of her glasses, she exhaled with a huff. The hand holding the thick envelope dropped limply to her side. Steam began to rise off her form, thanks to the chill in the air.  Despite attempting to appear calm, faint[/SIZE][SIZE= 14.666666666666666px] [/SIZE][SIZE= 14.666666666666666px]toasty marks began to appear around where Page's hand gripped the welcome packet as she spoke, [/SIZE][SIZE= 14.666666666666666px]" Now Mr. Mallory, don't you find this to be a bit risky for the children? Not to mention, all the current extra attention on the facility."[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.666666666666666px]Aaron turned to Page, trusting Eve to get the students sorted out, and clear the trap for the next test. He felt himself touched by her concern for student safety, and deeply concerned that she might think he was not. Damage control was not exactly in his wheelhouse, but he knew better than to get on any secretary’s bad side if he could help it. Thinking quickly, he said  [/SIZE][SIZE= 14.666666666666666px]“That is an excellent point Ms. Morgan, regarding the extra attention. I had not previously considered that, but luckily the reporters seem to have experienced massive equipment failure. I suspect Jordan Brahn’s influence there, but don’t quote me. As for the danger of the machine, I was an engineering student long before I got my blue card. I assure you I double and triple checked the safety tolerances. I can stop it with the cable if I need to do so. And I have two other backup safeties as well.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.666666666666666px]‘Yep, Mad Scientist alright,’[/SIZE][SIZE= 14.666666666666666px] snarling the phrase in her mind, Page realized she was warming up, just before igniting the papers. Embarrassed by the display of emotion, she quickly tucked the folder backup under her arm and folded both arms over her chest in a defensive manner. Clearly, there was no stopping this for the moment. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.666666666666666px]“[/SIZE][SIZE= 14.666666666666666px]Relaaax, miss Page. We can handle this. Besides, what’s the worst that can happen?[/SIZE][SIZE= 14.666666666666666px]” A few moments went by and Eve continued. “[/SIZE][SIZE= 14.666666666666666px]Don’t answer that, please.[/SIZE][SIZE= 14.666666666666666px]” She brought her hands around her hips and adjusted the aviators. “[/SIZE][SIZE= 14.666666666666666px]I’m well aware of the dangers that come with what we’re doing right now. I’ve learned about it the hard way… twice.[/SIZE][SIZE= 14.666666666666666px]” She motioned towards her hidden face. Emotions were almost completely concealed, but her voice trembled slightly at “twice”. “[/SIZE][SIZE= 14.666666666666666px]Which is why I am personally making sure the kids don’t get hurt. I’m not alone in this. I’ve got one of the best teachers this facility has watching my back.[/SIZE][SIZE= 14.666666666666666px]” There was a short pause.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.666666666666666px]“[/SIZE][SIZE= 14.666666666666666px]It would be terrible if these kids were as powerless as I was a week and a half ago.[/SIZE][SIZE= 14.666666666666666px]”[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.666666666666666px]Page was not at all happy but was smart enough to know, making a scene in front of a machine of doom was not the answer. No, getting at least, some of the children out of the way was best. Next would be finding a higher power to shut this down. Page would have to find the Director or another more Senior Instructor. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.666666666666666px]“Very well, which students am I taking in with me?”[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.666666666666666px]“Well, Tabitha has certainly earned a break, and Luci also acquitted himself quite well. As did Mary. Jamie I would like to test further.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.666666666666666px]He half turned away from her to bring the students into the conversation,[/SIZE][SIZE= 14.666666666666666px] “Mary would you please give Ms. Morgan, Tabitha and Lucius a short cut to the cafeteria? Jamie’s powerset (and temperament) seem better suited to a solo test; you are welcome to join them for a short break. You and Luci can strategize how you might beat my test without Tabitha and Jamie’s help. If you could bring them back in about ten minutes?”[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Mitch Castle

Mood: Relieved

Tags:  @RemainingQuestions @Lazy Rocktime

She's not late for anything important. Nice, she doesn't want to make Mr. Denzil to repeat everything that he just taught from the very beginning or to ask anyone what did she just missed. She nods as an answer, and head inside the class toward one of the empty seats available. As she did that, a person she recognized as Mr. Klaus entered the class with a girl she had never seen before. So many new students attending the facility today, Mitch feel bad that they had to attend right after the events. Talking about a bad timing.

'

Mr. Denzil then opened the class. He talked about the events. Of course, she should've seen this coming. "... does anyone of you know anything about any of the three events on the board now?" ? Only three? She thought she saw the news about Commonwealth's office getting attacked, why is it not on the board with everything else?And that no matter how much she wanted to hear stories from the other events, she's sure that everyone is going to talk about the break-in. After all, the entire class was present when the break-in happened and they caught the trespasser. Well, except the new girl- whose power is related to animals. 

Mitch waited for a bit, before raising her hand up to answer the question. "I remember seeing the trespasser injured, that's why Mr. Aaron- i think- carries her to the clinic," She paused. "I saw blue liquid, dripping out of her injury... Is she not human?"

Hunter Red Ward

Nearby: 

Disposition: Venting is good.

Red stood in front of the Facility once again, his progress inside halted. Once again. By reporters. Once again.

At this point, he felt talking at them, or using something to keep their distance from him with the environment was a moot point. A new strategy was needed.

"Alright. Before you start spouting out your questions like I'm assuming you have for everyone else whose come through here, I'm going to go ahead and play both parts to get this over with." he said, interrupting all of their questions.

He then began stepping left and right, each time taking in a different tone.

"Oh Mister Ward! Why are you Supers SOOOOO BAAAD?"

"WELL, maybe it's because we have to deal with every manner of prick imaginable! From other Supers, Criminals, Terrorists, and MY FAVORITE, bigoted, ignorant civilians who think they know more than their doctors about their own medical conditions."

"But MISTER WAAAARD, SUPERS ARE TO BLAME FOR THE MAAAAAAALLLL" in a mocking tone.

"NO, you half-baked twit, that was your own branch of stupid. YA KNOW, THE ONES ACTING LIKE THE UNHOLY UNION OF THE KLAN AND THE SS."

"BUT MISTER WAAAAAAARD, WHAT ABOUT THE ZOO??" the same, mocking tone.

"BUT DUMBASS TWIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT, WHAT ABOUT THE FACT YOU MORONS KEEP DROPPING THE BAAAAALLLLLL?? HOW ABOUT YOU GO BACK TO YOUR LITTLE HUTS AND MAKE MORE NEWS ARTICLES ABOUT FINDING SANTA."

This exchange continued going for long enough that the reporters seemed to become unnerved and discouraged of sticking around.

Which was the desired effect.

"NOW THAT THIS EXCHANGE HAS ENDED, I SUGGEST YOU ALL FINALLY VACATE THE PREMISES. IT'S CLEAR YOU'RE NOT STUDENTS, AND TRESPASSING WILL END WITH YOUR EJECTION INTO THE SURROUNDING BODY OF ICY WATER. YOU HAVE UNTIL THE SOUND OF FIVE.

FOUR.

THREE.

TWO."

Oh good. They got the hint. Maybe there is hope for humanity.

Throwing open the doors into the facility, Red made a b-line down the hall, up to his classroom. There wasn't anything was needing his attention right now, but old habits died hard. He would have to be around when something inevitably became a problem had had to require his intervention. Same shit, different day.

Jordan SO FUCKING DONE WITH THIS SHIT Brahn

Nearby: Allen McNabb ( @Bag o Fruit )

Cecilia ( @Necessity4Fun )

Disposition: ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?

Jordan looked between Allen and Cecilia in the same manner as someone trying to decipher a bad joke. A REALLY bad one. The kind that no one understands, and just leaves an entire room uncomfortably disturbed that THIS SHIT IS EVEN HAPPENING. GODDAMMIT GIRL WHOSE NAME I DON'T KNOW, HOW DO YOU NOT SEE THIS!? HOW!? ARE YOU BLIND!? IS YOUR SUPERPOWER THE ABILITY TO BE PAINFULLY NUMB TO THIS KIND OF SHIT!?

Caaaaalm down Jordan....It's NOT worth the conniption.....Yet.

"....Hi." he said in a beleaguered tone.

"....Yeah....Just...Jordan is fine." his eye twitched as his brain began churning over everything going on.

Wait.

"....That's a weird ACCENT for someone from South Carolina."

Cecilia Rizzo Pellegrini

cecilia_by_necessity4fun-d9s5g98.jpg

People Around: Mr. McNabb and Jordan
Interactions:
 @Bag o Fruit, @Zahzi

Haha, I'm so silly!! Need to stop thinking that everytime people say 'accent', it's about me...

When the teacher introduced himself, Cecilia discreetly looked back at the blackboard filled with unique writing. Oh. So that's what's written on that undecipherable part! Now that she knew, she could kinda see that had been the intention...

"Early? Fwhew, I'm glad!", she smiled brightly, "Nice to meet you, but, ehh, j-just Cecilia is fine... It's so weird to hear Miss Pellegrini...", the Italian said with an awkward laughter.

Being used to modest neighbourhoods and simple people like herself, Cecilia was really unaccustomed with formalities. Mr. McNabb however, seemed to have a greater liking for them. The girl made a mental note to pay attention, and avoid calling him Mr. Allen again, if possible.

He had also introduced her the adorable little kid, who soon greeted her as well. She couldn't help but notice that surname and instantly moved towards him:

"Wait, Brahn, as in Morgan's Brahn? Are you Morgan's little bro?!", her eyes lit up and she beamed a mix of excitement and curiosity, "AHHH SO CUTE!!!! I'm so jealous...!"

Cecilia just wanted to hug him so bad! But the boy wasn't as excited, actually, he seemed rather troubled. Cecil grew concerned and her excitement lessened:

"Is there something wrong?"

What came next though, had been completely unexpected. Just, what IS this about South Carolina so suddenly???

"Eh??", she stopped entirely, "But I'm not fro- Ah.", annnd the penny dropped, "T-that's not for me this time, is it?"

p.cecilia {
margin: 12px;
float: right;
padding-top: 10px;
padding-right: 5px;
padding-bottom: 50px;
padding-left: 5px;
width: 350px;
height: 200px;
background-color: gainsboro;
border-style: dotted;
border-width: 3px;
border-color: grey;
color: #333333
overflow: auto;
}
p.cecilia2 {
z-index: 1;
}

laz.jpg

Allen McNabb//Lazarus

Mood: AAA!

@Zahzi@Necessity4Fun

Accent? Accent!? Just what the heck is an accent!??

Ms. Pellegrini managed to distract Mr. Brahn with small talk just long enough for Lazarus to have Allen peck "akseent" into an open Safari tab. Fortunately, his computer had slowly adjusted to his near-complete inability to type (thanks to the wondrous technologies of Fenrir Inc!) and was able to guess what had been meant. The result was studied. Meticulously. Lazarus, in full red-alert mode, formulated a response. Allen slowly looked up at Jordan.

"Yes. Well. I am... afraid that some years ago, I suffered a... stroke. It has taken me a while to recover. I do not like to discuss it, but I am open to questions... if you feel that is necessary..."

His left eye exuded a single drop of briny water. Checkmate, young'un.

Jordan THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT? Brahn

Nearby: Allen McNabb ( @Bag o Fruit )

Cecilia ( @Necessity4Fun )

Disposition: CROCODILE TEAR-JERKING IMPOSTOR.

Jordan looked over at Cecilia again and gave a groan when she mentioned his brother.

"Oh god, don't remind me. Oh wait, aren't you the one he hit with a snowball with the likened intent of hatred...?" he asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeaaaah, then he started bribing you with baked goods....Huh....Guess it worked...."

He was really hoping there were more people in this class....

....Stroke? Really?

Jordan turned back to look at Allen, his eyes narrowed.

"So how come you're crying tears of joy?" he asked, tilting his head.

"Painful tears come from the right eye after all."

While that technically wasn't entirely true, tears always start in the right eye. Jordan banked that THIS THING DIDN'T KNOW THAT.

Cecilia Rizzo Pellegrini

People Around: Mr. McNabb and Jordan
Interactions:
 @Zahzi, @Bag o Fruit

Whatever Mr Allen did couldn't have been THAT bad, could it? Come on, you two can fix this, I know you can!

At the mention of the snowball fight, Cecilia muttered an 'oh'. If she could, she would like to forget about that incident entirely... But people kept bringing it back up! And it got worse, the rest of the phrase had been all wrong. Little Jordan had no idea of the truth behind the story:

"What? Hatred? No no, Morgan doesn't hate me, he just, he panicked. And honestly, I did just as bad that day... M-maybe worse.", the girl lowered her gaze a bit, before continuing further, "Bribing?! I-I didn't think of it like that, he made such a big deal of it... Actually, It was supposed to be a visit to the bakery but then we had classes on the Saturday, and he brought me that muffin... Ah, but I think, I would have done the same? I could have made some Italian cookies too... Accepting a muffin wasn't really wrong, was it?"

The Italian said it as if trying to justify her getting the muffin, but truth was, It had been her favorite flavor of muffin in the ENTIRE WORLD, Cinnamon Swirl Muffins!! No matter how wrong it would have been to accept it, she would most likely do it again without regret. It had been such a beautiful muffin too, she almost felt bad for eating it. Almost.

That is, when Morgan finally got it to her, because after that invasion on that Saturday he had forgotten to do it. Next day they saw each other, there was a Cecilia waiting for him by the facility entrance. She hadn't really said the word 'Muffin' but it was very clear that was what she had been waiting for...

After losing herself on thoughts about muffin and Italian cookies, the girl got back to reality to notice Jordan taunting/challenging (?) Mr. McNabb for some reason. The man had just said he had a stroke years ago, what IS this all about now?

"Ehh, Is that true?!", was what she let out at first, surprised at the scientific fact the little boy had shared.

Realizing she was getting sidetracked, Cecilia quick attempted to fix it:

"No, I mean. Didn't he just tell you he had a stroke? Strokes mess with people's brains, you can't expect it to work the same way anymore, there are...problems afterwards!", the Italian attempted to sound smart, even thought she had completely forgotten the word she wanted to use, "Look, He's crying! Can't you see you're hurting his feelings...?"

"And here I was thinking you were such an adorable child...", she muttered to herself.

"Really, can't you two just make-up so we can have class, peacefully?", Cecilia motioned towards them, before adding, "Please?"

img.ipsImageKendrick {
display: block;
margin: auto;
width: 30%;
height: 30%;
}
p.kendrick {
margin: 15px;
float: left;
padding-bottom: 10px;
height: 230px;
background-color: cornflowerblue;
border-radius: 3px;
border-style: double;
border-width: 5px;
border-color: steelblue;
}

Jordan I'M SURROUNDED BY STUPID Brahn

Nearby: Allen McNabb ( @Bag o Fruit )

Cecilia ( @Necessity4Fun )

Disposition: I THOUGHT ITALIANS WERE SMART WITH BODY LANGUAGE.

"NO!"

Jordan jumped up from the desk, his size making it easier to stand on the seat with one foot on the desk itself. He glared at Cecilia and pointed at Allen.

"DO NOT FALL FOR ITS TRICKS. THAT THING IS NOT OUR TEACHER. UNLESS IT TRICKED EVERYONE ELSE FIRST. THEN NOT ONLY DO I HAVE EVEN MORE REASON TO JUDGE THE COMPETENCE OF EVERYONE HERE, BUT ONCE AGAIN I HAVE TO DEAL WITH EVERYONE ELSE BEING CONFUSED BY THIS. DO. NOT. START. THAT. BULLSHIT. LANDSLIDE."

He then turned his attention back to McNabb.

"AND YOU! YOU'RE STILL JUST STANDING THERE LIKE RIGOR MORTIS IS TAKING LSD! AT LEAST TRY TO LOOK NORMAL IF YOU'RE TRYING TO HIDE YOUR SECRETS!!"

laz.jpg

Allen McNabb//Lazarus

Mood: Clever!

@Zahzi@Necessity4Fun

Allen's arm stretched forward and groped for his opposite shoulder blade, wiping the tear from his cheek.

"Yes, well. Thank you, Miss Pellegrini, for keeping the class on track. I think everyone could do to, aheh, compose their emotions today. Mister Brahn, I'm afraid that for this little outburst I will have to write your name on the board." He made a face of utmost solemnity and turned around to write '_T. 8runh' in the upper left hand corner of the whiteboard.

"Now, this is your first of three warnings. After that, I will be forced to assign to you an in-school detention."

"And, incidentally, the idea of tears originating in a certain eye depending on the context is perfectly mythical."
You learn a lot from manually operating a human brain!

"Now, we should begin class. Hrm, only two of you... Mister Brahn, please do sit down."

Aaron Mallory

Nearby: Soon to be just Eve and Jamie? Whoops, there's Victoria now too!

Mood: Time for some judicious goading...

@s @simj22, @Aldur, @KingHink, @Teh Frixz, @ViAdvena, @RemainingQuestions, @Manic Muse

Trusting the other students to sort themselves out with help from the secretary, he was about to prepare the trap for the next test when Victoria Beckett finally arrived. She seemed flustered about being late; something about secondary commonwealth testing? Ugh. That stuff was bad enough the first time.

That's quite all right, Victoria. You haven't missed too much action. We're taking turns rescuing 'people' from simulated falling debris. You must be tired from commonwealth rank testing though, so why don't you take a short break with the others while Eve and I test Jamie?”

Without a second thought, he turned and stepped up to his machine, engaged the safety lock and grabbed the arresting cable. He pulled, gently at first, gradually increasing the pressure until... SHRIENG-ENG-ENG-THUP-THUP-THUP! When the cable broke it thrummed and whipped to the ground with murderous force, tumbling around him in an untidy pile. He gathered it into a ball and crushed it until he felt it liquify inside, then set it off to the side to cool. Maybe later he could set up some kind of live action foosball challenge for him and Ward to play for the entertainment of the students? He dragged out the last two mannequins and then unlocked the safety, and beckoned Eve over to join him. Time to poke the bear.

All right then, Jamie Bishop! Mannequins aren't good enough for you? You talk a good game about treating people better when the time comes, but I saw how you treated those reporters who got in your way, and to be frank I'd like to see a little better from students of mine. So. Let's see what you're really capable of, little girl. No more safety cable to stop it, I will trip this trap on the count of three. Eight seconds later, those girders will hit me. Eve is young and fit and probably quick enough to dodge if she needs to, but I assure you, at my age, in my shape, I am not. On the count of three, you'll have eight seconds. Do what you will.”

ONE...”

Tabitha Crane

Having boogied on out of the trap upon the command to, Tabby continued to stand around. Not shrinking yet, it was her first time actually enjoying being this size and everything seemed fairly bright and new. Her muscles ached a bit from holding the girder, something akin to carrying a bag all day in your hands but it wasn't enough of a hurt to distract her from just how freaking good it felt being this strong and tall. She turns her head away to hide the little smile before stepping back a few feet. Even at this size, the trap would be a nasty pinch and she wasn't going to risk bleeding out as a giant person. 

The ground shakes a bit as she puts a little bounce into her steps away from the trap, standing by when she was needed beyond the request to go to the cafeteria. She does still however, raise her hand to make sure that was okay. 

"Do you mind if I watch a bit...." Her soft voice amplified by her size now, something akin to a normal sized bellow. 

Cecilia Rizzo Pellegrini

People Around: Mr. McNabb and Jordan
Interactions:
 @Zahzi, @Bag o Fruit
OOC -Translation notes: Che cazzo è = WTF is; Ma porca miseria! = but bloody hell!

I wonder if it's only the two of us on this class? It's sooo empty...

"Definitely not adorable..."

Jordan's outburst was a complete surprise. Aww, she had really thought she had handled it up perfectly and those two were going to make amends... With a sigh, Cecilia proceeded to listen to all the apparent nonsense the little boy had started to yell. Really, calling each other by 'thing' now? As if they hadn't had enough with the press and the weird looks! After that line, the rest of the sentence didn't matter. The Italian was slightly annoyed at the little boy's behavior and nothing else went through.

Actually, she had to stop paying attention and imagine a flower field or something like that to calm herself down. Last time she had retaliated and hurt someone, this time she was going to stay even more vigilant...

The little barrage of anger towards her stopped, and Jordan shifted his attention back to Mr. Allen. First, Che cazzo è LSD?? Also, 'Rigor Mortis is taking LSD', what?? Second, who could think that such a cute looking little boy could know so many bad words and use all of them in one sentence? Guess it was true that appearance does deceive, ma porca miseria! He's stubborn!

"Calling other people 'thing' is really low... Even more in the situation we're into currently...", her voice trailed off and she looked down for a while before going on, "What if Mr. McNabb has flexibility powers? That would make this kind of thing completely normal to him. I met this boy today, and I swear he died one moment, but then he got back? Something about astral projecting...? Anyway, the point is, if that is a thing, why can't flexibility be a thing?", then she changed her attention to the teacher, "Doesn't that hurt?", she asked with worry but also a ping of curiosity.

And Cecilia sighed. She had tried not to get mad, but ended up starting a rant anyway... At least- No, let's not even think about that possibility.

"Oh, that wasn't true?", the girl replied at the teacher's scientific statement.

Upon the order for Jordan to sit down, the Italian thought it was for the best that she composed herself and sat down too. Since she didn't want to be either too far from them or too close to the white haired boy, Cecil decided to sit two rows far from where Jordan was, with a vacant seat between them. This was after all, one of the classes she needed the most. Attending to it without any more outbursts and interruptions would be ideal.

p.cecilia3 {
margin: 12px;
float: right;
padding-bottom: 50px;
height: 200px;
background-color: gainsboro;
border-style: dotted;
border-width: 3px;
border-color: grey;
color: #333333;
}
p.cecilia2 {
z-index: 1;
}

.msidebar{float:right;}
.mooc{max-height: 0px; overflow: hidden; transition: max-height 0.5s linear;}
.mbanner:hover + .mooc, .mbanner:focus+ .mooc{max-height: 300px; padding:0 10px; }
.mooc:hover, .mooc:focus{max-height: 300px; padding:0 10px; }
@media (max-width:400px){
.msidebar{float:none; margin:auto;}
}

ZT4ay68.png

Marianne Ross

Both school's backyard and cafeteria.

Company:

@simj22 @Gus @Teh Frixz @Aldur@KingHink@RemainingQuestions@Manic Muse

When Mary saw the hat dissappeared from the killzone, her reaction was a mixture of surprise and confusion.  Then she saw the hat in Jamie's hand, and her face brightened as if the answer to a complex equation was finally found. Interesting, interesting. So her limitation is different after all! Now to see to what extend it could g-

Right at that moment, Mr. Mallory called her.

"--would you please give Ms. Morgan, Tabitha and Lucius a short cut to the cafeteria? Jamie’s powerset seem better suited to a solo test; you are welcome to join them for a short break...."

For a second Mary's eyes narrowed, as if she was offended by the request. Although her expression quickly smoothed back to her usual relaxed look. "Fine by me."

She flicked her wrist, creating an opening to the cafeteria. But this time instead of the usual circle, the portal took a rectangular shape, displaying the interior of the cafeteria as if it were a huge television. It's clear that looking at the outside from the cafeteria would also give off the same impression.

Mary grabbed the nearest chair and sat on the boundary between the cafeteria and the field. "I will also watch from here if you don't mind, sir." She casually leaned on the chair. The only thing missing here was popcorn. Maybe the cafeteria has a stock of them. Mary waved at Tabitha and the others. "Feel free to join~"

Izzy.jpg

Another student had crawled into the classroom, while little Izzy Chase had been enthralled with getting to know the new teacher. No sooner, did Urial answer Izzy's questions, did things begin to roll along. While Maya, the rude robo assistant got situated, Isabella took the chance to scamper off the desk she had been perched upon. Izzy paused for a moment, letting her powdered blue gaze flicker between the pod with the glowing green eye and new student with the tentacles for arms. She wanted to inspect them both but sadly, she knew that would have been frowned upon. Plus, Maya seemed to be in a rather sour mood.

Once again, pulling up the hood of her black and white hoodie, Izzy shuffled to the back of the classroom. Offering a wave to Ophelia and working to avoid eye contact with Kendrick as she went by. No sooner did her rear end hit the seat, did Izzy lean as far forward as she could at her desk, watching Maya's robotic eye with great focus. The tip of her tail flickered frantically and it was clear that was a battle of wills for the young student. Working to not rush to the front of the room and bat wildly at the pod's 'eye'. Sadly, Izzy always tended to struggle pointer pens and bright shiny lights of this nature in general. Haunted houses, presentations and trips to the Observatory were always a challenge for her.

Hearing a soft buzzing from her backpack, she forced herself to look away from the glowing green eye. Pulling a small laptop, she opened it to reveal a message.

"AEGIS group chat yo. Git in losers"

ACCEPT INVITE

A message originally sent to her phone and forwarded to this device  as a backup when she did not respond to her phone. Considering the wording used, Isabella selected the, "ignore" option on her computer. After the notification disappeared, Izzy peered over the top of her screen, seeing the green eye whipping about again. The tip of her tail began to flicker again as even her posture chanced to that of a predator watching its prey. Realizing it was happening, once again, Izzy tried to distract herself. Digging into her lunch bag, she pulled out a small container of peanut butter and celery sticks. Dunking them into the creamy peanut butter before sprinkling them with a few raisins and crunching away. The active munching helped lessen her eagerness to, 'tackle the shiny'. Noticing the other two students where on their phones, Izzy frowned, wondering if it was in regards to the odd message she got too. Or if they were secretly texting one another. 

Danny Travis

Taking the resounding silence to his question as a victory, Danny thrust his hand into his pocket to retrieve the cell phone that had been silently alerting him for the past minute or two. As he pulled it out, he saw the invite to the AEGIS group chat. He grinned broadly as he joined, recognizing the tag of the person who'd invited him. They had crossed swords before. The young teen turned on his heel and walked to the door.

"If you can figure out what you're supposed to be teaching and how many people you're supposed to be teaching, I'll be in the cafeteria. Doing something useful.", he sneered over his shoulder.

He glanced at Cherie as he went, "You coming?"

Whether she came or not, he started tapping a message into the chat page:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

> Joining group chat

> DannyT has joined group chat 'AEGIS'

DannyT: Fuckin lol! Just ditching PhysDis class. The Bird Man got Overlord to teach it an' she's clueless. Overderp more like. What you doing, nuke?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Penny

USER -K_Haywood- joined the chat

-K_Haywood-: Ok.

-K_Haywood-: I'm here, what DO you want?

-K_Haywood-: Also,

-K_Haywood-: Calling other people 'losers' isn't any cordial of you, dear mysterious host.

-K_Haywood-: YOU'RE the one inviting. Be nicer.

User DazzlingNinjaCthulu joined the chat.

DazzlingNinjaCthulu: Yo pwople!

DazzlingNinjaCthulu: Hey.   Wood!

DazzlingNinjaCthulu: 

DazzlingNinjaCthulu: h

DazzlingNinjaCthulu: Whats up

DazzlingNinjaCthulu:  sorry about typos bgw

xXSaltMistressXx: Jesus fuck man, dont get all triggered on me. Losers is being friendly, its us supers vs them you know. Like saddle up fuckers, I'm being nice idiot. 

> DannyT has joined group chat 'AEGIS'

DannyT: Fuckin lol! Just ditching PhysDis class. The Bird Man got Overlord to teach it an' she's clueless. Overderp more like. What you doing, nuke?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Penny gasps, literally gasps. She had figured danny to be dead or something by now. The general amount of butt hurt he tended to generate in those around him could have probably caused the dork to drown in ass blood. But Danny understood. He did't just vanish or get offended, he came right back at her hard. He knew the art, the subtleties of communication through hateful venting. It would be nice to have someone speaking the language again. Plus he wasn't too bad on the eyes, which meant something to Penny being as that was as close as she got with anyone besides the robot....

She shudders once in memory, grossing even herself out before responding. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

xXSaltMistressXx: More like Bentoverlord. Fuck those classes you guys take, buncha fake feel good shit. but omg its boy wonder. Loving your class antics

xXSaltMistressXx: Same ol, same ol, fucking around down here. 

xXSaltMistressXx: Oh shit yeah they gave me admin access on accident to most of the system I can pull up profiles and camera

xXSaltMistressXx: Should see what you boys do in the bathrooms oh wait you already do

xXSaltMistressXx: Sick D, sick sick D

Danny Travis

Mood: Amused, for the first time today.

Danny chuckled to himself as he read the replies.

>DannyT: Well shit, it's 'ToyBoy'! You still playing with those animated dildos of yours? Seriously, bro, you should market them things. All the chicks'd dig that. Maybe some guys, too.

>DannyT: @xXSaltMistressXx Y U got 2 be creepin'? U sick bcos U jelly. U seein' but u can't touch. Maybe when u don't make rad counters melt, I should show u what I do with the D ;¬)

>DannyT: @DazzlingNinjaCthulu wot u smokin? That shit's gotta be goooooooooood...

Kendrick Haywood

10340522_by_necessity4fun-da53j6l.jpg

People Around: Isabella Chase, the dog-teacher, Ophelia Zielinski, an A.I. called Maya.
In Chat with: DazzlingNinjaCthulu, xXSaltMistressXx, and DannyT.
Interactions: @KingHink, @Teh Frixz, @Captain Hesperus

Today's Toys: TedPandoraSpiralSparkles
Asinelli and Garisenda (two of the white towers)

It was a good chat. Sadly it did not stay like that for much longer...

Kendrick barely entered in the chatroom and someone had happily joined right after. It was a cheerful and pleasant person who promptly greeted the entire chat and asked what was going on. But, they seemed to be having issues with the number one enemy of texting, the automatic dictionary...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-K_Haywood-: Greetings. Uhh, DNC?

-K_Haywood-: Ninja?

-K_Haywood-: I think I prefer the last one. Calling someone I don't know by 'Dazzling' doesn't seem right so I won't even try...

-K_Haywood-: That's a nasty corrector huh? If it were with me I'd just disable that nuisance...

-K_Haywood-: Sometimes, it does more harm than good.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The boy glanced back at the classroom for a bit, and from the corner of his vision caught sight of Isabella Chase moving from where she had been a couple minutes ago to the back of the room once again. She waved at the new student but as expected, didn't even acknowledge his existence. And really, Why would she even want to do that? His punishment for attacking someone weaker then him, even if just verbally, should be being ignored for the rest of this class, at least. If she had decided to do so, than there was nothing he could do about it.

Though, that also would make things extremely difficult to fix later on. From the way she had just acted, it was most definitely not happening today. Perhaps, he would have to wait for her on the gates next time... That is, if the scene of him waiting for her wasn't terrifying enough to make her run instead of entering... A sigh. It felt like this was getting harder and harder to undo as time passed...

His cellphone vibrated. It seemed like the mysterious host had finally replied. This 'mistress' spoke a dialect from the internet that he didn't understood all that well, all those expressions were so far away from his daily life... But, asking for definitions right now would only expose him further and that lady didn't sound like someone who would willingly give him the meanings and let it be. The Salt Mistress reminded him of someone else...

Before he could reply though, someone else had joined, telling how his class was going so far. Or by the sound of it, NOT going so far?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-K_Haywood-: I was just thinking that your message would not sound pleasant to most of the students...

-K_Haywood-: I bet that half of them won't even try coming in because of how it was written.

-K_Haywood-: I myself, am only here to kill boredom.

-K_Haywood-: And @xXSaltMistressXx If that's you being nice, then I don't think I'd like to see you while NOT being nice...

-K_Haywood-: @DannyT So that is what Overlord was doing here today.

-K_Haywood-: Teaching Physical Discipline huh? I can see why they would pick her for that...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, surprisingly this was being a civil conversation so far! Kendrick was glad the chatroom hadn't turn sour as soon as he had thought it would. He was even enjoying himself in ther- Oh-oh. Spoke too soon. Salt Mistress had started going on about how she seemingly had administrator powers over the facility system. She started boasting about being able to see everyone's profiles and cameras, which was a huge breach on the privacy of this place, but then it got even worse...

The moment the boy read the messages, he got extremely flustered and went red. Had she really just typed that?! Could someone really have this much disregard for morality and other's privacy??

Kendrick had to sit down before replying, because otherwise he might have started angrily pacing through the classroom without even noticing.

-K_Haywood-: WHAT

-K_Haywood-: You're not even a bit concerned about you actions?? This is people's privacy we're talking about!! You're spying on them on the bathroom????

-K_Haywood-: I can't BELIEVE I'm hearing this. Why are there even cameras on the bloody BATHROOM IN THE FIRST PLACE?!!

-K_Haywood-: This is so wrong, everything in those sentences is so messed up...!

As if having a breakdown over privacy matters wasn't good enough, the new guy decided to tease everyone in the chatroom. The one towards Kendrick was uhhh, to say it with all the words, rude, immature, a sex joke (just why???), offensive, irritating, absurd, ugh, how DARE some coward using a chat interface, instead of coming and saying things to his face, humiliate him so much!!!

Kendrick was gripping at his cellphone with anger, and he was staring at the screen with so attentively, that one would think he was trying to actually tear a hole through the glass by just looking at it. He decided to take a break from the device. Put it away, looked at Ted, pat him, took a deep breath, and another one. He was feeling a bit calmer now. It felt like everything had been just bad a dream for a while...

Then he picked the cellphone back and started typing furiously, the fastest he had ever done.

-K_Haywood-: Three things:

-K_Haywood-: First.

-K_Haywood-: No one gets to call me TOY BOY without my permission.

-K_Haywood-: Not you, and not Cap-Girl, you hear me? NO ONE!

-K_Haywood-: I have a name. Use it. The next one who call me that will be ignored for a year.

-K_Haywood-: This is the word of a Haywood, don't test me.

-K_Haywood-: Second.

-K_Haywood-: I don't have to listen to some hooligan who doesn't even have the courage to come and say those things to my face!

-K_Haywood-: You want a fight? Go pick it with someone that has the same feeble IQ you have. Maybe they would like to play swords with you and your stupid dildos.

-K_Haywood-: Why don't you sell the objects yourself since you seem to like them so much?

-K_Haywood-: Money is something I DON'T need and I have better things to do with my time than to 'pick up on girls' like you people say.

-K_Haywood-: Third.

-K_Haywood-: I may 'play' with toys. But I guarantee you that they're better company and friends than you'll ever be.

-K_Haywood-: See, I've been feeling like an asshole for something that just happened, but you,

-K_Haywood-: You must be the EXTRAORDINARY PRIZE AWARDING TRUE ASSHOLE.

-K_Haywood-: So, a piece of advice.

-K_Haywood-: How about you stop mocking those classes and start paying more attention to them?

-K_Haywood-: There's the possibility you'll finally learn how to be a better person.

-K_Haywood-: Or you could stay in the corner all by yourself, your choice.

-K_Haywood-: Because, mean people don't have real friends or happiness. You just think you do.

-K_Haywood-: I'm actually receiving my punishment and getting the cold treatment as we speak. It's being harsh.

-K_Haywood-: It shouldn't be too long until you get yours too...

After the barrage of messages was done, Kendrick sighed. The chat hadn't only turned sour, it 'tasted' like some sort of slimy, grotesque, awful and bitter substance.

He attempted to lighten the mood again and changed the subject:

-K_Haywood-: If there still someone around after all that...

-K_Haywood-: Here is my current situation on the First Aid Class: 

-K_Haywood-: The teacher is a Golden Retriever and he brought an A.I. to be his assistant,

-K_Haywood-: There are just three students inside and those are:

-K_Haywood-: Me, a Cat-Girl and another girl who has tentacles for arms...

-K_Haywood-: It even feels weird typing this information...

-K_Haywood-: It feels like I got dragged into a comic book, or a cartoon!

-K_Haywood-: The A.I. is so full of herself too...

-K_Haywood-: Does this even sound believable anymore?

-K_Haywood-: I swear to God it's the truth!

-K_Haywood-: What has my life become?

img.ipsImageKendrick {
display: block;
margin: auto;
width: 30%;
height: 30%;
}
p.kendrick {
margin: 15px;
float: left;
padding-bottom: 10px;
width: 380px;
height: 230px;
background-color: cornflowerblue;
border-radius: 3px;
border-style: double;
border-width: 5px;
border-color: steelblue;
}

Penny

xXSaltMistressXx: Toy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boyToy boy

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The response is automatic, like a seasoned boxer dodging a punch without thinking. It's practiced muscle memory. She just has to copy paste and let loose the dogs of war. It wasn't even hard, but she'd be so wrong to not take advantage of it. She was funny dammit and while some would see the taunt juvenile, it was actually a layered satire that hit many, MANY, levels of humanity and to those that understood that. It was a god damn work of hilarious art. The shitpost. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

xXSaltMistressXx: @DannyT Get yoself some lead lined everything and lets talk bb. Bring penicillin, don't want no bugs in the reactor. 

xXSaltMistressXx: Wait did you say tentacle arm..

xXSaltMistressXx: Imma look that shit up, how she keepin hands out of her pants? HAH

xXSaltMistressXx: @K_Haywood I dont have a dog profile liar. It says teacher not dog. Animals are gross. does he lick himself? Fake fake fake post real shit here. 

@Teh Frixz @Necessity4Fun @Captain Hesperus

Ophelia

_____

DazzlingNinjaCthulu: @Kenny #triggered

DazzlingNinjaCthulu: @Danny obbby~ That talk.

my cru.k tinic knock a lesser chick out. It dat  bosssauce.

DazzlingNinjaCthulu: @Kenmy Im tots dazling yo. If you see me you would.understanf. DNC is fine.

also of if i turned off incorrect you would get worse. Handixaled amd no patiemce to fix errors.

DazzlingNinjaCthulu: @Salty Yeah1Like straight out of a hentai People must not.   Know a good thing. when they ser it. 

DazzlingNinjaCthulu:

_______

Goodness everybody can text fast...

crs.jpg

Chris Kravitz

Mood: Alright, whatever?
@Teh Frixz@Captain Hesperus@KingHink@Necessity4Fun (fucking tag function...)

"What would you say to the family of the deceased?"
"You mean Buddy? I'd apologize for the concussion. I hope he's doing better."
"You wouldn't apologize for the death of his father?"
"I thought you were listening in on my conversation with Mister Ward. Since when does this country want apologies for stopping terrorists?"
Another reporter: "Are you familiar of the events of the attack on the Owing Mills Mall?"
"Kinda. I know Raguel's lackies killed people and my teachers took a lot of the blame."
"Do you defend the actions and shortcomings of the AEGIS employees?"
"To my knowledge, they made a good effort to stop Raguel. Aaare you of the opinion that trained law enforcement shouldn't try to stop terrorists?"
"Are you insinu-"

A nurse exclaimed from the back of the moderate crowd. "Agh! What are you people doing here! Out, OUT! This child has a concussion, you idiots! You should be ashamed of yourselves! Lárgate de mi hospital te cagas-esnifar aspirantes lodo-rastrillo! Fuera fuera fuera fuerafuerafuera!" As she ranted, she worked her way into the room, set her tray down on a table, and began herding the reporters out by threateningly brandishing a clipboard.
"Ma'am do you reflect the viewpoint of this child?" "Freedom of the press!" "Agh! Keep that thing away from me!"
The door slammed shut and the nurses hen-like application of her native tongue lingered, now muffled, in the hospital room.

Chris picked up his borrowed laptop, ready to recede into bubble slaughter. Instead, he found a message. That was new.

"AEGIS group chat yo. Git in losers" 

ACCEPT INVITE

Chris clicked the hyperlink. It asked him for a username.

USER barrelRider joined the chat

barrelRider: wait how do you have this contact information
barrelRider: this laptop isnt even mine

I PRESENT YOU.... THE COLLAB OF THE CENTURY!

by @Aldur and @Swoob

Two eyes were focused on the emptiness of a familiar ceiling. They had been senselessly running it up and down for the past thirty minutes. Ioana's hands had been resting in between her head and the soft, carpeted floor. She picked up the glass of wine sitting three inches away from her head and rose her torso. The crimson liquid slipped between her distanced lips. Ioana took the earbuds out and leaned against her arms, palms fixated on the floor. She pressed an index finger against the home button of her phone. 

1:49 PM

The sudden knowledge of time left her unimpressed. She pushed a large amount of air into her palm and sniffed. The wine she ingested earlier definitely left an impression which would imply the use of mouthwash.The sweatpants she wore longed for the laundry machine ever since the splashes of wine made contact with them some time ago. Not that her T-Shirt was doing too well either. Subtle hints of sweat tickled Ioana's nose. She decided it was the time she got off the floor and did so in a nonchalant manner.

"Hey, 'bout time." Eden glanced away from the sink at Ioana, causing some milk to gush out onto the counter. "There's some cereal on the table—aw, fuck." Once the paper towels completely absorbed the milk, he lobbed the sopping mass into the garbage can and grabbed his toothbrush. "What class you got today again?"

Ioana turned her head over to Eden, shooting him a neutral look. "Mental Discipline, I think..."A couple more seconds went by and she continued "...with the Ravemaster." The glass of wine was brought up to her lips again before the liquid inside vanished. After an audible swallow, the speedster got off the floor with the glass in her right hand. She carefully left it on the coffee table next to the sofa.

"Do you have any classes today? Also, I'll be taking a quick shower if you don't mind."

"You've been living here for over a week," Eden gargled out through the toothpaste. "Of course it's fine.

"I have Physical Discipline today with—huh. Nike Deschain. Didn't know we'd get someone famous." When he finished, he sank into the couch and pulled out his phone. He laughed. remembering the initial days of his Mental Discipline experience with the Ravemaster. "Well, you're in for a wild ride today. Good luck with Mr. Torchinovich. He's probably one of my favorite teachers, but man, those first few days are hell."

She rested her hands on her hips for a moment and took up a thoughtful pose. The same neutral, yet more blank look struck through the carpet. 

"He does have some sick riffs, though..." Ioana started pacing towards the bathroom, grabbing some fresh clothes on the way. Before going into the bathroom, she stopped and looked at Eden. "Nike Deschain? Nevermind, We'll talk when I get out."

"You know how you asked about Nike Deschain?" Eden tilted his chin over the top of the frothing crowd of reporters ahead of them. "That's her. She's this big superstar, famous for doing what everyone else does, but in front of a camera." He sighed. "And she's my new phys dis teacher. Let's hope she doesn't make me late for her class." Peering around, he tried to scout out a possible route through the hurricane of limbs but found nothing. Instead, something jarringly red lunged out at him from the corner of his eye.

MURDERERS.

"Oh my fucking god." Inside his head twirled a strange cocktail of both torrential anger and exasperation. He looked at Ioana and pointed to it. "Do you see this shit? What the fuck?" He looked along the walls and found, even more, slander slapped across the facility: "fuck you," "freaks," "kill yourself," and a softer but still impactful "close down."

"People are so fucking stupid sometimes," he said, exhaling. After such a gut-wrenching tragedy, the true heroes were treated as the problem. Why did the world always have to be like this? Why did they deserve this? How were they supposed to respond?

In that moment, to follow the statement he had just uttered moments ago, Eden Trammel had an idea.

Boy, did he have an idea.

"Hey, Ioana, would you be able to run back to the apartment by any chance and grab the black paint under my bed? Oh, and you should grab a mask or a hat or something. I just thought of something great."

Ioana nodded at Eden and kept quiet. Her attention and Eden's were caught by the same crimson red marks on the walls. She crossed arms and bit her lower lip, ignoring Eden's questions.

And then there it was. Eden's literal Magnum Opus.

"Say no more, I'll be right back!"

A quick flashback to the dick drawings visited Ioana for a moment and then she was gone, preferring to take an out-of-sight route back to the apartment and back. Within minutes, she was back with a black scarf around her face and two cans of paint. She gave one to Eden and reached to her back pocket, from which she pulled a surgical mask. 

"Dicks, right?"

A wicked smile crackled across Eden's face. "Hell yeah." He drew a thumb over the cool surface of the can as he surveyed the area. With his other hand, he carefully tucked the rest of his hair into his cap and veiled his face with his lucky bandana. The media was still engulfed in Nike's presence. The din of shouts should cover any noise they made. Carving out a route in his head, Eden motioned Ioana towards him and took off.

It was time to begin.

The eyes of the cameras drilled into Eden's back as he worked. With calculated, sweeping movements, Eden churned out dong after dong from his hands like a magician. Though the lack of artistry bothered him, time restrained him. The goal was speed. And with Ioana's help, their message was finished in no time.

Looking up, Eden met the eyes of a frightening amount of student onlookers. Shit. He darted over to Ioana and tapped her shoulder. "Any chance I could hitch a ride out of here?" he whispered.

Going at the impressive speed of 2 dps (dongs per second), Ioana was done in no time. It wasn't long before she heard whispers not from dark gods, but from Eden himself. He wanted to...hitch a ride.

She looked at him with a confused look. "It doesn't really work that way. I can't carry you and if I grabbed anything else, I'd tear it off." She looked at the facility and then back at Eden. "It's getting pretty late. Let's just go."

Ioana tapped Eden's arm and nodded towards Facility 108.

Eden froze, his face burning. "Oh. Uh, right. Thought so." The tense embarrassment he felt seemed to pull on his innards. He coughed. "Well, we can't just walk in now. We need to go home and change our clothes first. We should probably go to the left until we're out of sight and then go back home. After that, we should go in through a different entrance. You okay with being a little late?"

"I'll pass... takes way too long."

She took down her mask and waved Eden goodbye. "See you in class!". She vanished right after.

Dazed, the onlookers' gazes washed uninterrupted over Eden for a time. "Fine, if you wanna get caught, I guess," he told himself decisively. No point in doing something like this if that's how you treat it. He shivered as a bottle of liquor raised its eyebrows at him from the corner of his mind. Slicing through the crust of students which had annoyingly accumulated all over his clothes, he pounded off toward his apartment. Well, let's hope it's worth it. He imagined a live television broadcast panning from the gate of the facility to the wall, capturing a red "MURDERERS" with a defiant penis trampling upon it, commanding its own call of rebellion, its own cry of disobedience, and a warm feeling swelled inside him.

Eden walked into the Physical Discipline room far too casually for someone of his tardiness. "Sorry, I'm late. What are we doing?"

/monthly_2016_09/57d0cea170bf6_headerLUL.jpg.6677dab87750afaeb05c359a10ed44d3.jpg

She shouldn't be surprised at all that they would be discussing the event(s) today. To be quite honest, Minah had been quite unaware that in the midst of the mall terrors, two more incidents had taken place. Of course, she would later be enlightened by the news channels and her father Klaus himself about the Commonwealth HQ break-in and a...bird attack on the zoo? Man, imagine how things would have gone if she had been there. Things could have potentially ended on a lighter note. But alas, what had happened had happened and there was nothing she could do to avoid the consequences.

Sitting quite comfortably and paying attention to the teacher speak, Minah heeded the warning given by Mr. Denzil, about how anyone who was uncomfortable with the subject was free to leave at any time. That included her, to be frank, but was she going to miss out on education because of it? No, what would her father say? Minah didn't want to disappoint him with weakness, after everything he had done for her.

"What even happened?" 

There came the million-dollar question, and a question she could answer. Minah raised her hand. "A group of extremists attacked the Owings Mills Mall with the intention of expressing their hatred of super-powered individuals according to their dogma," she explained rather neatly. The way she spoke English, how it was rife with a strange Indo-Japanese accent, did not get pass her. It was a sort of embarrassment for her and that's why she'd rather speak Indonesian with her family. "Things didn't go right, however, and then explosions happened. Cars, buildings blew up...people blew up." Minah ended her explanation there to prevent anything undesirable from happening.

Klaus vos Scheiffer's work, no matter what anyone had to say about it, was not easy. Sure, it looked easy for the students, just laying around in front of a laptop and papers, but beneath that? The rabbit hole was deep. Any complaint that anyone had with the Facility, if the Director would not personally handle it, was left to him. And as of late, there were no shortage of contentious messages that he had to respond to. Had it not been for his deep-set patience as well as the fear of letting his family go without stable finances, Klaus would've relocated to a more enjoyable line of work. Like game designing. He wondered if Valve Software were hiring for the Half-Life 3 development team.

Ah, but that was just a forlorn hobby of his. Certainly not one he could perform at this time. It was also certain, however, that he needed a break. Setting aside the papers for the time being, Klaus opened up a new browser window, played some calming music and had himself a degree of relaxation, idly indulging in his guilty pleasure: fan fiction. True reading tranquility couldn't be achieved, though, due to the incessant vibrating in his pocket. Upon investigation, it revealed to come from Minah's cellphone. Now how did that end up in there?

16 hours ago...

"Minah, for both safekeeping and to keep you focused on your studies, I will keep your mobile phone during your independent study hours. I'll return them to you when you're done."
"Okay."

So he forgot to give it back to her yesterday. Whoops. No matter, Klaus would do so this evening and in the meanwhile, it didn't hurt to monitor what his daughter was doing in the tool of the century..The fact that neither of them had bothered to put a password on the phone just made it all the more easier. So the notifications were from a chatting app, inviting her to the 'official' AEGIS chatroom. That was swell, he thought. Minah ought to have an opportunity to converse with the other kids. Being the good father he is, Klaus took the liberty of accepting the invitation for her.

USER 「ミナカラス」 joined the chat

There had been plenty of messages by the other students in the chat, typical of group chats like this. Most were filled with banter and shitposting. He sighed to himself. Young people these days just didn't have the internet tact that people did in his age. Back then, there was a sort of art even to memes. Now all it ever was used for was a medium to bait outrage. An age-old sentiment, but only now did it seem so...prevalent. Klaus remembered fondly the better days, when things were simpler and 4chan had yet to be kill. Looking past the drivel, he noticed other things. An open declaration to cutting class, for example. Poor old Danny Travis. Always so hell-bent on getting himself in the worst of positions. The counselor screencapped the chatlogs and returned to his break for now. The best trap in the hunter's arsenal was the sense of false security.

Sam Casan

Mood: Sleepy, yet irritated

Blurry scenery passed through her vision, Sam's mind drifting back and forth between thoughts. Life had been simple, more or less, all of her life and then last night, her life was entirely uprooted. So uprooted that she was in car a few hours later and being whisked away to her new life. From what she personally knew of Aegis, it was no place to fear, but she also had grown up homeschooled and been heavily isolated from most social situations. She knew so little of Aegis and yet, in a strange way, it already felt more like home than home ever had felt. Was that a normal feeling?

Uncertainty crossed Sam's face at these thoughts and memories, and with a blink of her glowing eyes, Sam saw the facility in the distance. Furrowing her brows, Sam eyed the facility with curiosity while her tail flicked about behind her, consequently and lightly slapping the agent trying to drive the car and avoid Sam's tail that never seemed to sit still. "Hey, watch it, kid." Jumping slightly, Sam quickly retracted her tail, moving it her other side so it was tapping the window occasionally instead of the driver. Hastily, Sam raised her hands in a defensive manner before saying in a hesitant tone, "I, uh, didn't mean to do that. Control is still...well, a work in progress for me." Moving his head to the side and sighing, the agent then replied, "Right, well, that's what this place is for. You'll learn better control here. Trust me." Frowning slightly at the agent's wording, Sam looked back out the window and whispered, "That's what they all say."

With a jolt, and likely plenty of noise to bring attention to herself, Sam suddenly shot up in her seat. Blinking and heart racing, Sam no doubt looked like a terrifying being in the moment considering her physiology. Alas, Sam was the terrified being, not feeling intimidating whatsoever in the moment. Struggling to catch her breath, Sam quickly realized just where she was and what she was doing, resulting in her sitting right back down and trying to inwardly convince her tail to chill out since it was dancing alongside her desk as if there was something fun to do. Problem was, Sam happened to be in the middle of a class and was now caught in the act of sleeping considering her not-so-calm waking up ritual. 

Forcing herself to focus, hopefully quickly enough to avoid anyone asking her what was wrong or why she'd nodded off, Sam heard the last few bits of one of the other students mentioning a recent incident. Alas, Sam wasn't used to being informed about the news or things happening in the community around her. Thus, she'd failed to keep up with the recent incident, though word spread quickly through the students and Sam had picked up on bits and pieces throughout the day. People had died in this incident and it had been simply because of how badly they hated 'supers'. How badly they hated freaks like Sam. Ever since she'd heard of this incident, Sam had struggled sleeping and kept flashing back to memories of how people had taunted and treated her. How they called her a freak...a demon, even. For someone with a physiology so obvious as her own, Sam feared she'd never feel safe in this world. That she'd never belong.

Letting out a faint sigh, Sam rubbed at her forehead with her knuckles before looking at the teacher and furrowing her brows in an irritated expression. The idea in doing this was that she'd hopefully discourage anyone and everyone from asking anything here. Just to add to effect, Sam decided to scowl while she was at it. Surely, that would be enough to do the trick, eh? If not, she did always have her pointed end of a tail to help make a point. Of course, this would probably be the worst possible class to try and make a point like that in, but as long as no questions were asked then Sam could care less how it was resolved.

Users who are viewing this thread