Episode 3: School of Hard Knocks

Luci Tolbert

With a mannequin in his arms, Luci listened to Mr Mallory talk to the girl that could grow. She had been on the news nearly as much as the terrorism attack on the mall, since she had been nearly unmissable at the ...incident at the zoo. Luci didn't know if he pitied her, but he was glad that despite his highly visible powers, he hadn't been caught on camera in a recognizable way. Had his sister? Luci had never even considered it. Maybe if he looked close enough he could see her last moments.

Mr Mallory spoke of doing good taking work. It struck a chord with him, and a ray of light shone through his dark thoughts. Then, the girl began to grow. It really was rather impressive, and in a way Luci could see how others would be afraid. She smiled, and even Luci felt a coil of fear in his stomach. The grin would be called fearsome if she hadn't been giant. Luci couldn't quite find the word for the combination of length and grin.

He was startled out of the slump he had been holding himself in when the mannequin smashed to the ground. He could feel himself getting brighter, and he pulled the light back towards himself. It wouldn't make him less bright, but it helped, somewhat. Luci didn't grin, but he could feel his face pull in that direction. It had been long since he'd smiled, what with everything that was going on, and he wasn't smiling now, but it was close. 

Without further ado, or looking back at his fellow students, Luci headed into the trap. He didn't pay attention to the steel girders, or just how badly he would turn into jam if Tabitha let them go. He just grabbed two mannequins by the waist, one under each arm. Then, before heading out of the trap, Luci swiped his leg against another one. The head would be dented, but it was still better than that mannequin Mr Mallory had thrown.

With two mannequins under each arm, Luci headed back the way he came, and stared straight at the back of someone out of his nightmares. Those arms were undeniably of the teacher at the mall. The one with the face, or well, without as the case might be. No matter how little he had seen of it, his nightmares had filled in the rest, and Luci couldn't stop a shudder, and dropped the mannequins without much ceremony. Right outside the danger zone, and less damaged than the one that Mr Mallory had thrown. Luci looked back at him with a defiant gaze, tempting him to find error in what he had done.

Riley Z. 

People like to use the word trigger a lot these days. Triggers for mentions of mayonnaise, triggers for talking about anime, triggers for all sorts of stuff. People forget though what should be the first thing that comes to mind when mentioning a trigger. You pull it and a hammer strikes a pin which ignites an accelerant which propels a bullet. Well right now, in Riley's mind, with the dozens or so different voices and the absolute mish-mosh of emotions that the naturally empathetic Riley was doing her best to respond to was overwhelming. Her inhibitor was firing on full power, to the point of starting to overheat. Riley had to get out of the crowd as quickly as possible. She wasn't even hyper sensitive to most things but with passions running high it was impossible for her to not feel some sort of aligning emotion. Kids had died, press wanted questions, AEGIS was proudly defiant, hate was flowing, love was burning. The very essence of human chemical reaction was being poured onto Riley and her abilities wanted to run with it hard and fast. 

The inhibitor slips as a cpu inside skips a beat, a drop of pure ricin slipping out of a sweat gland in her armpit. Riley knows it, the tingly feeling legs get when falling asleep centralized on the node under her arm. Ever so carefully, the now visibly distressed guard removes her hat and slips her hand it before stuffing both under her arm. Backing up carefully she knocks over a bystander, swears loudly, and breaks into a full on sprint back into the building. Her sneakers scuffing as she turns back into the building and down the hall to the first available bathroom. 

It was nerve wracking, not even knowing what exactly she'd produced but just knowing it was nothing good. Her body was in distress from a large group and so her body was going to produce something to stop that threat. The inhibitor burns around her neck as she carefully stows her cap in the garbage can and begins extracting her clothes from her body. Uniform top, undershirt she swore she'd never wear to work so the thing could get worn out, bra. Off they went as she began examining them one by one. Sweat hadn't hit the bra, all good there. Hat and uniform all looking clear. What she did find was a conspicuous dot, tiny in size, but a wet dot. Panic set it as she didn't know what it could be but that didn't stop her from stuffing it into a toilet. Her hands ripping the fabric apart under the cold water before flushing it away. It wasn't a big amount, too small to reasonably bother anyone through inhalation but if anyone touched it...

Riley watches the shirt swirl away down the drain, trying to now focus instead on the edge of the basin. Where the water enters, the rushing sound a good enough center as she tries to copy the videos she'd seen online about meditation and emotional controls. Her eyes close and her breath goes in and out slowly. The mob of people shouting, gone. The risk of infecting people with an unknown toxin low. And by god, it started to work. Her body relaxes, Riley leaning against a stall wall. The chill in the air doing wonders to relax her body. The inhibitor downshifts and cools off. Close but no cigar to day vague forces of evil... 

Casually walking over to the sinks, essentially topless, Riley exhales a few times before washing her hands heavily for a long time. Drying off she sits down on the counter, going over her bra and uniform to make sure no errant drips had snuck though. She catches her relfection in the mirror. Grinning once before continuing on with her inspection. 

Aaron Mallory

Nearby: Tabitha, Luci, Jamie, Eve, Mary... and a redhead?

Mood: That's the spirit!

@s @Teh Frixz, @RemainingQuestions, @simj22, @Aldur, @ViAdvena, @Manic Muse, @KingHink

Aaron would have clapped except that his hands were poised by the arresting cable; to do so would have probably cut it neatly in half. Tabitha was doing beautifully, and better yet, the first of the others to shake off the awe at what their classmate was capable of doing was little Luci Tolbert. He swept into the kill zone without a second thought, grabbed two 'victims' and knocked down a third on his way out. Good situational thinking, check. Bravery above and beyond his power set, check. He would make a fine hero someday. To judge from his expression, he needed this too. Something real, or at least real-ish. Some kind of win. If Aaron had any lingering doubts about his new approach to teaching, young Mr. Tolbert had just evaporated them. No more worksheets. No more classroom time. They would learn about stress and strain moduluses and shear force and all the rest of the curricula like this. Applications.

Luci dropped the dummies unceremoniously on the ground, almost throwing them down, and glared back at Aaron as if daring him to criticize. Impossibly, his grin got even broader than it had been already. Time to goad the teleporter twins? He figured it was either that or wait for Luci to shlep out the remaining six dummies.

Oh, well done Lucius! Well done indeed! Four down, six to go, with only one severe injury, and that one is clearly on me. Now, are you two just going to stand around all day or are you going to help? I always thought short range teleportation would be more useful somehow... maybe you just need some pointers in how to use it more creatively? Ms. Knox, if they haven't got these last six out of here in the next, say, 15 seconds, why don't you show them how?”

That ought to do it, he thought to himself. Jamie is clearly a bit more hot-headed than he'd realized and Mary's file suggests she prides herself on creative use of portals. Hopefully she'd not get TOO creative...

Hang on. Who's that redhead there? She looks... irritated.

Mitch Castle
Location: Training Facility (Front Security Desk) -> Political Powers Classroom

Mood: Fine

Tags: @Elenion Aura @RemainingQuestions

She waited for an answer, but since the girl said nothing and time are still ticking, Mitch decided to accept her silence as a shy yes.

"Okay... So, i never think of myself as the best person to explain something but i will try my best for you." Mitch smiled at the new girl, Morgan. She hoped that it'll warm her up a bit, and hopefully could make her feel accepted here in AEGIS. "The first floor is for Library, Cafeteria, the faculty lounge, and offices."

"All classrooms are located upstairs. They are all located next door to each other, so at times it might going to be loud and noisy especially if someone accidentally tore a hole in the wall or something like that. It's a usual occurrence here in Aegis, you'll get used to it." Mitch paused, thinking of what else to say. "I can show you around the facility after class if you want. There's the clinic and the-"

F̽̑͂̉l̷̑̄o͋o͛ͥͯ̍ͯfͣeͭ̍̒̃̊r̾͊̉ͫ͘s͌͒̋̉̿̾̋͟n͂ͮ̐o̓o͡fͮ̑.̅ͦͫ̊̑

"What? No, it's the clinic and the gym." She finished her sentence, blinked as she slowly realized and understood what she just heard inside her mind.

Pl̀e̡a͏se͡ ̵t̸èll ̕me͡ ̕no ̸óne͢ heard ̸th̷a͟ţ.

"Ah, that's Morgan. Morgan Brahn." Mitch grinned, holding back her laughter. She took the chance to glance at her wristwatch. "Please don't tease him too much about that."

"Oh wow, look at the time. I'm late for my class!" Her eyes widen when she saw the time. "Sorry, i'm going first. Chat me in the chatroom if you need me?"

Again, Mitch did not wait for an answer. She waved and then turned, climbed the stairs and head straight for class. Judging from quietness and serenity, maybe she is the first one to be here again. The girl arrived in front of her classroom, pushed open the door to find that she was wrong.

"Good morning, Mr. Denzil." Mitch greeted, closing the door behind her. "I'm sorry i'm late."

Attachments

• header LUL.jpg
    header LUL.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 0

/monthly_2016_09/57d0cea170bf6_headerLUL.jpg.6677dab87750afaeb05c359a10ed44d3.jpg​

Directly addressing: Denzil De Klerk @RemainingQuestions

Quietly overlooking his foster daughter, who was still soundly asleep on her spring bed, Klaus, already in his smartest work clothing, wondered if waking Minah up would be worth it this time. On one hand, letting a student of the Facility skip a day of class was heresy and he'd eventually have to punish her should she fail to attend today. But on the other hand, the poor girl had been through a lot. Sure, her beautiful and mature body (oh god oh god did I just describe her body like that go away dirty thoughts) hadn't been horribly injured like Eve had been, but the toll it had on her fragile, fragile mind was massive and the flashbacks were even bigger. What happened on that day reminded Minah of the horrors that once had been, horrors she had, up until then, been relatively successful at setting aside.

But of course anything that could go wrong would go wrong and now she remembered again. As if the counselor didn't have enough problems to deal with. Things haven't been the same for her since Saturday and out of understanding, Klaus excused her from attendance, but enough was enough and he decided that she'd been away for too long. Perhaps a good day in an orderly learning environment, not sulking in her lonesome on a bed, would be precisely what his foster daughter needed. Bending over, he whispered as menacingly as he could manage into her ear. "Minah, you are going to school this afternoon. No exceptions. I give you fifteen minutes to get ready."

Judging by how quickly she got up and rushed to the bathroom, that worked very well.

Father and foster daughter stood some distance away from the Facility and the mass of reporters gathering outside brought a feeling of dread to both Klaus and Minah alike. While for his daughter, she merely felt nervous at how many people present there, Klaus had a deep-seated disdain for the predatory journalism they had to offer. It was less informative and more provocative. He felt a tugging on his suit and looking to the side, he saw Minah cowering behind him, making herself look small.

"Bapak...there are so many people there...I'm scared..." she muttered oh so meekly, prompting him to hold her closer, becoming her shield. "Don't worry, dear. I won't let them put even a finger on you." His words succeeded in reassuring her, it seemed, as she looked ever so slightly more confident. The power of words, indeed. Klaus took a deep breath, closely emulated by Minah soon after, before heading straight into the fray with his daughter in tow.

As the two approached, some among the reporters turned towards them, but then something peculiar occurred. When they got close, the crowd just...parted silently for them. Avoiding them as if they had the plague. Glancing at their faces, he could see mixed expressions from disdain to anxiety, but he could be certain on one thing. They were afraid. Of whom was neither here nor there for Klaus. This was the definition of a blessing in disguise for him. Wading through them all, the two walked in unison, arms locked with each others', almost side-by-side. For a father and daughter thing, it was strangely beautiful. How a man with so fearsome a power cared so deeply for someone he only just accepted into his life not even a week ago. 

And before either of them knew it, they were inside the lobby. That surely went better than expected! Not a single irritating question hurled towards them, they ought to be counting their lucky stars. Klaus gave his daughter a once over, wiping off any stray dust that might have gotten onto her clothes. Clothes that he bought for her.

"This is where I leave you. I must head to my office immediately," the counselor addressed her in a professional tone. "You should know the way to the Political Powers classroom by now, right? As usual, I expect nothing less than exceptional classroom behavior from you, Min. Be active, be polite and please don't bring any birds with you inside."

"Yes, Bapak. Don't you worry about me," she said obediently. He noticed how chipper her voice was this afternoon. Sure, she was no Shirley Temple, but it was still a far cry from the gloomy way she spoke days before. Klaus was right again, perhaps school really was what she needed. "B-But can you take me to the class again today? Please? I don't want to make a situation if I'm late..." Now, he would've objected and let her go by herself, but Klaus did not want to worsen her day just as she had begun to feel happier. With a joking sigh, he took her by the hand again and led her to Denzil's class. Her response was a very endearing 'squee' sound that managed to make Klaus smile.

Such a cute kid. Too good for this world. Too pure.

Her first attendance to the Facility since her very first day, Minah would be lying if she wasn't in the least nervous. Political Powers sounded like a very good class to be in, but she was completely in the dark about her classmates. Most of that was on her, really. She never really tried to make an impression on her first day, so the general consensus on her was just a....'creepy goth girl who likes birds'? Minah didn't even know whether that was supposed to be insulting or not. Regardless, when the moment of truth came, the bird girl put her game face on and let her father make the entrance for her. 

It would appear that she was among the later arrivals to the class. Plenty of others were already seated while another girl who seemed to have come in almost at the same time as Minah did, started to settle in. This would be the moment where she would break down in awkwardness, but that's why she had her father Klaus here.

"Good day, everyone," he greeted the class. Even when in greeting, her father always had that dark edge to his words. She always mused on how he'd make a good supervillain like in her comic books. He then turned to address the teacher. She's seen him before, but forgot to ask Bapak for his name. "Denzil, I hope you don't mind her recent lack of attendance. She's been through some heavy Scheisse and has only recently started to recover. I'll leave her in the care of your class, all right? Thank you." And just as quickly as he'd come, Klaus was gone, headed for his office. Now Minah was on her own. Not exactly waiting to be addressed by the teacher, she quickly sat down in the closest empty seat and tried her best to ignore the curious stares that she would surely be getting.

Damn her own fragility.

Jamie Bishop

She did not respond immediately. She didn’t even seem to have heard either of the instructors. Instead, she continued to watch the other students go about their duties with the training dummies, and the trap straining against the giantess’ strength, her hand fiddling around with the coin in her pocket. After one of the boys had done as asked, she finally spoke, to the lady who had spoken first, but partially, as well, to the male instructor.

“They’re doin’ well enough.” She indicated the students. “Look, he’s even givin’ a look of someone that’s done everythin’ already. He can handle it. Can't say the same about the dummies and their concussions.” She gave a mocking smirk and waved at the boy who had dumped his payload on the ground as if they were trash to be deposited in the bin. “Look at it this way, he treated those poor things like they were crap. I have a lower tolerance for dealing with crap. If he can’t be bothered to give ‘em proper treatment, why should I be bothered to give ‘em a single inch of mercy?” She turned her attention towards the trap’s kill zone. “A hostage is only a hostage if there is an incentive to save them.

Her eyes shifted away from the killzone to the female instructor, a smirk playing on her face. She leaned forwards, her hands clasped behind her back in a traditional coy pose, her voice lowered to a slight sultry tone. “Mmhmm, Ms. Knox. Provided portal girl doesn’t do anything, why don’t you show us how it’s done? I’d love to see a pro in action.”

@Aldur

@Gus

@ViAdvena

@Teh Frixz

@RemainingQuestions

@KingHink

.msidebar{float:right;}
.mooc{max-height: 0px; overflow: hidden; transition: max-height 0.5s linear;}
.mbanner:hover + .mooc, .mbanner:focus+ .mooc{max-height: 300px; padding:0 10px; }
.mooc:hover, .mooc:focus{max-height: 300px; padding:0 10px; }
@media (max-width:400px){
.msidebar{float:none; margin:auto;}
}

ZT4ay68.png

Marianne Ross

School's backyard

Company:

@simj22 @Gus @RemainingQuestions @Teh Frixz @Aldur

Their task here was to save those mannequins, that one was clear. Mary did prefer this kind of practical lesson over the theory one, although she also heavily questioned the need of that hyper-realistic death trap for it. Mary glanced at the capped girl. Since she was a teleporter, carrying survivor after survivor in the blink of an eye would be a piece of cake for her. Definitely faster than opening a portal and manually grab them; the Commonwealth tour incident was a proof of that. So Mary waited for her to go first. The capped girl also looked ready for it, since she made a move to- throw something?

Why would she want to throw something? Mary discreetly watched with curiosity as the girl’s movement came to a halt. Then she put her hand back into the pocket and did nothing more. Mary rose a brow at this, her curiosity had definitely been piqued.

It was a brief observation; she quickly turned around to look at other things. It’s not good to watch people for too long, they tend to notice they’re being watched even if they couldn’t see the observer. As for the other students, that glowing boy was doing well in carrying the dummies to safety, although the same couldn’t be said with the way he put them.

”--- thought short range teleportation would be more useful somehow... maybe you just need some pointers in how to use it more creatively? Ms. Knox, if they haven't got these last six out of here in the next, say, 15 seconds, why don't you show them how?”

Oh, no no no. If it happened, then that capped girl wouldn’t do anything worth of further clue, and she couldn’t let that happen, could she?

Reacting fast, a pair of portals manifested before Mary and inside the danger zone. Stepping into it, she waste no time in grabbing two nearest dummies and opened another portal to the safe zone. Mary set one of the dummies down in the safe zone and briefly glanced over her shoulder. Still on the same spot, good. Just as quick, she made another portal, small enough to be hidden from anyone's view but her. Its pair appeared right behind Jamie’s head.

With a swift flick, Jamie’s hat suddenly flew into the middle of the kill zone.

Setting the other dummies down, Mary turned around to see Aaron and smiled politely. “Creatively? No need to, sir,” Her smiled turned into an amused one, “sometimes boring but practical is better.”

Page M.

7e69961335a4e3ace6e38c64f6013540.jpg

This was disintegrating into chaos. It was the snow fight test all over again, Page could feel it. What was that noise? Applause? Page cast a dull expression of annoyance in Ms. Knox's direction. Were they really treating this like some game? They were putting the children at risk. It was unlikely this device had even been properly tested, yet! To see Ms. Knox apart of this was disheartening. They did not know one another well but Page had seen her in the teacher's lounge a few times.

'This Mallory must have pushed her to go along with this crazy plan. Great, he was most likely another Hunter, just what she needed.'

Page had continued to give Eve a salty look of disapproval, right up until she realized Eve was looking right back at her. At least, she assumed she was, it was hard to tell with her current appearance. Gasping, Page foot shifted the weight of her body, while she quickly redirected her eyes to the envelope in hand. Bashfully, she slowly lifted her head to continue to watch the exercise.

Once the blonde student had used a portal to send the stubborn student's hat into the danger zone, Page had seen enough. Clearing her throat, the young woman closed the distance between her and the larger, dark haired male.

"Excuse me, are you Mr. Mallory?"

CECIL AND KENNITH’S INFILTRATION MISSION (feat. Ophelia)

f0cbf6d24c477873e82a342d7703b088.jpg

---- OOC: As some people know, ever since the start of Episode 3, me and Terra have been working on a collab, and King joined it later~ ----

---- Guess what this is?? ----

The bus stopped and Cecilia got out of it. That hadn't been a pleasant trip. Actually, ever since that terrorist attack she had heard about on the tv, everyone seemed panicky and worried, with reason.

People were still staring at her when the bus left. Just the fact that she had gotten up and pressed the button on the AEGIS stop, had been enough to catch their attention. It was like New York all over again, it made the girl really uncomfortable...

Cecilia was grateful her school had some kind of staff meeting today and it left her with a free morning, before AEGIS. Some of her classmates had passed in the mall incident, and the vision of their empty seats were getting to her. The Italian girl didn't really knew any of them, but it still made her sad and gloomy. She had even changed places in class and moved to a more isolated corner, without giving a warning.

If someone caught sight of the pink bands on her arms and started asking questions, what SHOULD she say? And if she said the truth, would they HATE her?

Usually, Cecilia wouldn't be bothered about the possibility of being bullied again, but, this wouldn't be just about her accent anymore, it would be about being a super, and she would have a really hard time dealing with those, mostly because, she was already terrified of her power herself... It would be like listening your own thoughts coming from others’ mouths. How to NOT agree with them?

"Hopefully inside the building it's going to be better...", she let out with a sigh.

The girl continued on towards the facility, when she saw an unusual ruckus right in front of it! Cecilia stared at it a bit longer... Were those reporters?! What? Why? Are they going to bother her?

Not wanting to call attention, she quickly ducked behind a lamppost and simply watched:

"Great. Now, how do I get inside?"

Kennith let out a sigh as his gaze fell upon a sea of reporters standing between him and the entrance to AEGIS. He had taken the bus from his own school, but it had arrived slightly later than Cecilia’s as par for being slightly further away. That said...he hadn’t been expecting so many people to be here. Sure the terrorist attacks were crazy, but Kennith didn’t really understand what AEGIS had to do with them. They had even managed to stop their attack on the Commonwealth building for pete's sake! Kennith cringed slightly at the memory of being shot, and raised one hand over to his injured arm, which was resting in a sling. The hospital had patched him up for the most part, and he wasn’t going to have many problems. But they had wanted his arm in a sling to make sure nothing had gone wrong. It was a pain...but Kennith could take it.

As he walked up towards the sea of reporters, he spotted a girl hanging back, just out of sight. He walked up behind her, careful not to disturb her, and then tapped her on the shoulder.

“Hey! You trying to get inside too?”

"Yeah... To be honest, I had enough attention at the bus already. I'd love if I could go inside without having people STARING at me again.", Cecilia spoke with a slightly annoyed tone.

Kennith let out a soft chuckle before giving the girl a pat on the shoulder. “Fair enough, I don’t particularly feel like getting bogged down by endless questions we can’t answer either. They’ve been a pain in the ass already…” He gave a helpless shrug. “Anyway, my Name’s Kennith. Rank D and new guy to this whole place. I’ve uh...been here less than a week myself. Nice to meet you!” Kennith held out his good hand, before pointing to his sling. “As for this thing...it’s a bit of a long story, I’ll explain it to you later.” Kennith took a quick peek around the corner. “Hey, can you hold onto me for a sec? I wanna take a closer look at those reporters.” The second Cecillia grabbed hold, Kennith’s body would suddenly go limp

"Nice to meet you Kennith. I'm Cecilia, Rank B...", she didn't really like remembering that, and her voice trailed off for a bit, until she changed the subject, "Ah! I'm kinda new too!", she proceeded to shake hands with him, when her attention went to the sling the boy was wearing, "Oh... I hope that isn't serious...", she said before finally shaking hands.

It had been a nice, peaceful meeting until Kennith made a rather weird request to her:

"Ehh, Hold...you?", the girl staggered attempting to find a good manner to hold him. She had no idea how that would help to see the reporters but obliged anyway.

Eventually, she decided to hold both of his shoulders:

"Is this good enough?", she asked a little confused.

Kennith didn’t respond, at least not at first. The teen had left his mortal body behind and was surfing the world from a much different point of view. Kennith’s astral form ascended into the sky, letting him get a much needed bird’s eye view of the situation. The reporters were all being a right pain in the ass...the main entrance was pretty much swarmed, even approaching it from the sides meant someone would probably nip you with the way they were positioned. So…

Kennith suddenly startled awake, a grin replacing the void expression on his face. “I know where to go!” He declared, before reaching out for Cecilia’s wrist. “C’mon this way! The west entrance is clear!”

Kennith paused.

“Well, clear-ish. But it’s our best way in! The doors might not work, but if you can think of any ways to sneak into the building...that might be our angle!”

When Kennith didn't answer her straight away, Cecilia started getting worried.

She leaned on closer to him to see if she caught his attention or something, but nothing happened. To think about it, she wasn't listening a heartbeat too! Dio Mio had he died on her arms??!!

"Kennith... Kennith! KENNITH", she called, each time with a higher amount of distress in her voice.

Then he woke up and grinned at her as if nothing had happened, and Cecilia almost had a heart attack!

"But what? How? You were dead!", she tripped over her words, unable to finish the sentences.

The resurrected boy held her wrist and pulled Cecilia towards other of the facility entrances, before he stopped. She could barely understand what was going on at this point:

"Wait, wait. Hold on a minute. Explain what happened first.", she demanded, "I was about to call an ambulance or something! Per scopa bene, you were like dead a moment ago!"

Kennith blushed sheepishly. “I uh...yeah, my bad. I probably should have explained huh? That’s kind of well, my ‘thing’ so to speak.” He shrugged slowly. “I call it Astral projection, I basically leave  my body for a bit and can look around, but as you saw yourself. It leaves my body in a bit of a...precarious position.” He sighted. “I can’t do it for long, but it’s kinda useful. Sorry for causing you a scare like that. My bad.” Kennith rubbed the back of his head with an embarrassed look. “I’m fine though! Really! It’s just kinda how it works!”

Cecilia listened to the boy’s explanation. Part of her really wanted to believe in all those things, but a small part couldn't help but find everything strange. She shrugged her doubts away and decided to simply, not question it any further:

"O-okay...Just, make sure that next time you ask someone to hold you, you explain things properly to them first~", she laughed softly, attempting to recover from the scare from earlier...

"Anyway! Back to the subject. How do we get in...?", she asked out loud while trying to think of something, "Ehh, in television, people either enter through the ventilation vents, or ehh, a trash disposal system! Yeah! So, someone from the inside could throw something through a little door and it would travel AAAALL THE WAY to the outside dumpster. Though, now that I think about it, climbing it the opposite way sounds... rather difficult...", her speech was filled with energetic hand movements, specially a parabola with her right hand at 'all the way'.

Kennith chuckled. This girl was an energetic one, that was for sure. He felt kinda bad for scaring her, but she didn’t seem to have minded too much, so that was nice. “We do kinda need to sneak in somewhere...hmm…” He listened closely to her suggestions, and when she brought up the garbage shoot, he shook his head. “That is more of an escape route, no way we can climb that up, unless your powers have some kinda climbing skill?” Kennith gave a helpless shrug. “I don’t think the sewers would work much either...not if we wanted to avoid smelling like uh...well, I’ve managed to avoid a fair amount of sewage in my life, I’d rather not figure out what that sorta stuff actually smells like now.” Kennith looked towards the doors, before giving Cecilia a frown. “We might just have to chance it. Can you speed us up somehow? We could probably get through no problem if we run really fast and I find us a good opportunity. What you think?”

Cecilia listened to his reasoning, it seemed like they were back to stake zero. Climbing vents was out of their reach, not to mention how hard it would be. Kennith also mentioned sewer, which was another thing she had seen people do on TV:

"Yeah, that would be really unpleasant...", she couldn't help but giggle at the boy's end commentary.

Then he came up with the option of running for it. She wouldn't really have a problem with that if he hadn't asked if she could "speed them up" somehow. Instantly, without even listening to the rest of the sentence, Cecilia took a step back, held her wrist, covering the right half of her limiter and shook her head fiercely:

"Maybe?, I don't know, I could but uh, I'd rather...not, please... I just...I...I CAN’T!”, the girl’s gaze shifted from Kennith to the floor repeatedly.

At the ‘can’t’, the wind around them got a little heavier and a couple of seconds passed before it went back to normal. When it was done Cecilia looked down and, though she was still on the very same position, she sounded a bit calmer:

“I just can’t bring myself to even try it. I’m sorry, Kennith...”

Kennith blinked softly at Cecilia’s short outburst. Surprised at how emotional and scared the girl seemed. The boy went to speak, but stopped for a moment. His own powers were pretty normal, if not kinda lame by comparison to what he had seen from the other people around him at this school. He had no idea what she could do...and she seemed to be scared of herself. Simply smiling, Kennith gave her a warm reassuring smile. “It’s fine! Don’t sweat it, we got options.” Kennith paused, glancing over at the few reporters guarding the entrance. “There are...well, less of them here, that’s for sure. Listen, I’m sure if...something happens, we can sneak in just fine. We just gotta wait? How long can it take?” Kennith chuckled. “So what if we’re a bit late, it’s worth it to make sure we don’t get  ambushed by those guys, whatcha think? I...think I have some playing cards if you want to play go fish?”

The boy's smile and tranquility was reassuring. The fact that he was able to drop the subject so fast, was surely unexpected, but Cecilia was glad Kennith was such an easy-going and understanding person. Had it been anyone else, perhaps, this wouldn't have gone so peaceful...

By Kennith's second line, the Italian girl had regained some of her cheerfulness. No longer holding her wrist, Cecilia thought about the situation they were in. Doesn't it seem like something straight from TV?:

"We're stuck...outside the building...when we're this close to it...pfffft", when Kennith chuckled, she broke into laughter herself, "That's SO SILLY! Doesn't it feel like a TV show??!! Like, we're being pranked? I'd expect someone to jump out of the corner and say "gotcha" at this point!!", it was a loud and light-hearted laugh that lasted a few minutes. Exactly what she needed after all that tension.

"Ahaha... Excuse me, it's just, this is amusing for some reason!", Cecilia continued, drying the tears that had come out from all the laughing she had done.

As Kennith kept on, the girl let out a soft sigh and shrugged. They were going to stay outside for a while, might as well do something fun:

"A game huh? That sounds wonderful! I...don't know what 'Go fish' is though… BUT! If you explain how it works, I'd be happy to play~"

“Wait, you don’t know how to play Go fish, seriously?” Kennith’s mouth was hanging open, the bottom jaw in danger of hitting the floor. He let out a sigh, acting disappointed. “I don’t know how a kid doesn't’ know how to play it, I mean sure...it can get kinda hard to find physical cards nowadays, but not even holocards or online? It’s crazy I tell ya.” Kennith’s dad had taught him how to play, and for some reason, always insisted he carry a deck of cards around. He’d managed to keep the same deck together for years, a somewhat weathered but reliable deck with neat but faded patterns of different animals. It was kinda silly, but Kennith was kind of attached to the little old cards.

Kennith sat down and reached into his bag, shuffling around all the schoolbooks and binders he normally carried for school, before revealing a deck of cards with a triumphant look on his face and a “ha-ha! Here you are!” He motioned for Cecilia to sit down beside him and started shuffling, a skill he had down pat...mostly. He occasionally dropped cards and had to play improvisational 52 pick up, but what did that matter? He motioned to the deck sitting down in front of him after it was shuffled.

“Okay, at least tell me you’ve seen playing cards before?” His tone was deadpan, but there was a joking smirk on his face.

Seeing that the boy had started joking, Cecilia decided to go on with it:

"Kenny. I grew up in a farm. Playing Cards? Internet? HOLOCARDS EVEN? That's all fancy stuff we didn't have any use for!", she shrugged, "All you needed was your imagination and some boxes~", the Italian girl pointed at him dramatically, but not able to keep it for much longer, giggled at their silly displays and completely ruined the mood.

"No, but seriously. My grandmother can barely operate a microwave and, I had never seen those until after I came to America...", the girl pointed to the deck with a soft laugh, "That’s weird, right?!"

/monthly_2016_08/oppie1.jpg.3c22aea49a180664a8a6a7672e96faee.jpg​

What an interesting scene, Ophelia thought to herself as she watched the scene from a distance. Nah... she probably wouldn't go in that way. They looked kind of aggressive. Would probably ask stupid rhetorical questions and give her a headache. Oppie would have found that fun if she wouldn't be on the receiving end. She would go in the back way. Now that was always fun. Sneaking in. Like a ninja.

Ophelia was a pretty short girl, wrapped in a doublebreasted coat that came down to her knees. It was nice and warm, made of a maroon felt. It seemed a bit oversized on her, and the sleeves appeared empty. Mostly because they were. Long sleeves and tentacles didn't mix well, and she currently had them wrapped around her body under the coat for extra warmth. A knitted polka dot black and pink scarf wrapped around her neck, and the lower half of her face, courtesy of Mr. Hipster.  

She thought about climbing across the roofs, but that would mean putting the tentacles out in the cold. Eehhhhh... nah. She would just walk. She could ninja in her head. And so she hugged the wall and pulled around a corner into an alley. Voices? Oho~

Creeping down the alley, still hugging the wall, she made her way further in. With all of the silence and curiosity of a cat. Students! The Italian and The Nice Guy. A feline grin was hidden behind her scarf as she approached them. "No playing cards in Europe?" She asked after she came to a stop, her voice came out slightly muffled. "You two are going to be late for class. How daring. "

Kennith stopped his explanation on how the game worked and looked up at the newcomer with a curious expression. He hadn’t seen her before, but from the looks of things, she was a student. “Oh hey.  We uh…well, it’s kinda a funny story.” He leaned around the corner with a frown. “There’s a buncha reporters out there, and we’re kind of stuck out here until they go away. See, we can’t really sneak inside since our powers aren’t the greatest at that..I think.” He shrugged. “We’ll take any advice you got. In the meantime...uh...want to play cards?”

Cecilia had to turn around a bit to see the owner of the new voice. It was a small girl who seemed to be very comfy inside a coat and scarf mix:

"I haven't been through ALL of Europe to really answer that question, but ehh, I'd guess that the cards exist and I just haven't gotten my hands into a set before? Grandma did live far beyond the urban centers...", she answered to the best of her ability, though it also make her a bit confused.

The Italian let Kennith explain their situation to the newcomer, while she kept on wondering just why hadn't she ever played with those cards before... Perhaps her parents didn't know of these games too? Otherwise they could have brought her a deck when they visited the farm when she was little, right? Cecilia sighed. Why did the fact that she had never played with cards before seemed to bother her so much out of a sudden?

At the mention of how their powers weren't suited for sneaking, the girl glanced down, feeling uncomfortable. He wasn't wrong, blasting the gates away with the wind was definitely NOT a sneaking in method, not to mention all the collateral damage it would result into... And all those people would be standing right there where they could get into danger...

The image that flashed through the girl’s mind caused her to shiver. Yeah, no, she was perfectly okay with waiting…

When the boy invited the new student to play with them, Cecilia soon reinforced the invitation:

"Oh yes! You have arrived just in time, Kennith was about the teach me how this game works...", she replied with an awkward laughter, "Don't be shy, here, I opened a spot in the circle for you~ I bet it's even more entertaining with three people!!", the Italian called out to the girl, bouncing cheerfully, pointing multiple times to the opened spot and making energetic 'come here' hand movements, with an enthusiastic expression. It was quite the scene.

Oppie rocked back and forth as Kennith talked, "They are just people. But if you want in... just climb through the window. No powers needed. Just hands or a suitable substitute." She advised.

There was a shifting under her coat as the Italian girl spoke, before Ophelia dismissed the offer of care with a wave of her sleeve. "No thank you. I heard we are getting a new teacher for First Aid. I hear he is quite cute." She said with a disturbing chuckle.  Her coat shifted again. "Thank you, though. Maybe next time. I still suggest that you find a nice open window. It is fun to do, even without reporters."

Rather than a wave, she gave a small bow, smiling to them. "Good luck with your game."

And with that Ophelia left the group, off to do her own, mysterious thing.

Cecilia and Kennith stood there, staring at each other for a second, confused, processing what had just happened in this crazy Wednesday afternoon. Then, they just decided to get on with the game of 'Go Fish', passing their time as they waited for any kind of opening that would let them sneak past the group of reporters...

img.ipsImageKendrick {
display: block;
margin: auto;
width: 30%;
height: 30%;
}
p.kendrick {
margin: 15px;
float: left;
padding-top: 10px;
padding-right: 5px;
padding-bottom: 10px;
padding-left: 5px;
width: 350px;
height: 230px;
background-color: cornflowerblue;
border-radius: 3px;
border-style: double;
border-width: 5px;
border-color: steelblue;
overflow: auto;
}

Last edited by a moderator:

Eve K. Knox

"  Ms. Knox, if they haven't got these last six out of here in the next, say, 15 seconds, why don't you show them how? "

Eve raised both of her thumbs in response to Mr. Mallory. "Sure thing!" but faster than she could utter "New face please!" Marianne had stepped into the action saving two of the potential casualties and successfully avoided raising the number of workplace incidents for the day.  All the while Jamie argued about how Luci dumped the mannequins on the ground like they were crap. 

" 'Least he's doing something, eh? About being bothered... no one obligates you to save these mannequins, it's just that you're able to do it. Look, I'm not gonna get deep with you. Imagine you're someone who doesn't have powers and you're stuck under debris. You're gonna spend a lot of time under that debris because the only other person around is Jamie Bishop and she thinks you're crap."

What came next was something Eve, evidently thought was funny, as Jamie experienced what some would call karma. The woman looked back at the trap and saw Jamie's cap coincidentally sitting in the middle of the trap.

"Looks like I'm not gonna have to! Go on, get your cap. I can't be bothered to get it for you."

Jamie Bishop

Her bird's nest of golden hair swayed slightly as she tilted her head, questioningly. She folded her arms, and scowled, looking across the field to where her cap was. Now, how did that cap get there? She took a furtive glance around, and took note of the other girl that wasn't a giantess at the time, before taking another long, hard look at the death trap. She hadn't the time to deal with the psychology that the instructor was spouting for the moment. Instead, she ignored the woman's jeering completely, and focused her attention on the cap in the killzone. After a second or two of concentration, she straightened up and smirked.

"Sure, sister. Anythin' t' entertain you." She unfolded her arms, and, twirled the cap in her hand. Empty space replaced it where it had been in the killzone earlier. She dusted it down, her smirk only growing wider by the second. She shot a knowing wink at the instructor and returned the cap to her head, tugging at the brim. "You must think I'm some kind of schmuck, sister, but Jamie Bishop's the kind that fucks the law in the ass when it fucks others in the ass while nancies like you sit at home and pipe on about how the law ain't doing justice. Wipe that there grin off your face and lemme tell you somethin'. Your analogy sucks, big time. What's comparin' a precious human life to a fuckin' piece of plastic? Devaluation, that's what. You sayin' a human life is the same as a piece of shit like," she waved her hand theatrically, and then kicked the mannequin that zipped from the killzone to right beside her over, "this?" She whipped another hand backwards, a conductor to her own symphony, and shoved the next mannequin down as well, before stomping on it with her foot. "Does it hurt when I do this? Does it scream in pain, crying for its mother while I fuck its internal organs up? You tryin' to compare THIS to a person in need of dire help? You sicken me." Jamie Bishop rolled the bruised mannequin aside with her foot, and grimaced. She pulled out the coin from earlier and twirled it between her fingers. "And 'sides, what's a little challenge for the rest a' the kids? I'm gonn' curbstomp this thing to next 4th of July. Let others have a chance, ain't that right, miss?"

Cecilia Rizzo Pellegrini

cecilia_by_necessity4fun-d9s5g98.jpg

>> Emotional Composure Classroom
People Around: Kennith, everyone still at the entrance >> An adorable little child!! (Jordan), The teacher.
Interactions:
 @Bag o Fruit

Hey, I'm not as late as I thought I would be!! Yay!

She was inside. Cecilia was, at last, inside the AEGIS gates. Woa, this had taken a lot more time than it should have!

After the new girl left them, Cecilia and Kennith had played the 'Go fish' game. Turns out, it was rather easy and entertaining. The girl had taken it too seriously tough, going full competitive mode and putting all her attention into the game, thinking out strategies to the best of her ability. In the end however, Kennith won, causing the Italian to frown a bit. She did get a little beat down at not winning, but if there is one thing Cecil wasn't, is a sore loser.

She had started wondering if they should play another round, when the noise of something cracking resounded, followed by the sound of water. For some reason a hydrant had started pouring down on the crowd of reporters, making the path to the gate harder to see, just like a haze. Quick as to not lose this opportunity, they had grabbed their belongings and used the distraction to enter facility 108 without being seen. Success! Well kinda, they were still late for their classes.

Cecilia gave Kennith a cheerful 'See ya', before entering the main building. Recalling the fact that she had a map now, the girl took it out of her backpack and searched it for the Emotional Composure classroom location:

"Second floor, third door...", she said it out loud to memorize it better.

Chanting the location continuously in her mind, Cecilia followed the corridor, went upstairs and arrived to class. At first, the girl as puzzled as to why the classroom was so empty. It was just her, the teacher, in a VERY strange position, and...OMG THAT CHILD IS SO ADORABLE!!! Look at him! He's SO little!!

The girl keep staring at her classmate for a while, before remembering she should probably step further in and apologise for her lateness. Doing just that, Cecilia approached the man in the corner. So, he WAS in a weird inhuman position but, she had just met Kennith, after that she kinda knew to expect odd things... Who knows? Perhaps this teacher's power is to be extremely flexible?

"Uhh. Good afternoon Mr...", she caught sight of the poorly written name in the blackboard, "Allen? I'm sorry to be late but, it's a very long and fun story~ I swear I wanted to arrive in time though.", the girl finished with an awkward laugh.

From the looks of it, she hadn't missed much of this class. It was SUCH a relief!

p.cecilia {
margin: 12px;
float: right;
padding-bottom: 50px;
height: 200px;
background-color: gainsboro;
border-style: dotted;
border-width: 3px;
border-color: grey;
color: #333333
}
p.cecilia2 {
z-index: 1;
}

Jason Swan -Director

Jason_Swan250.png

Mood: Nostalgic

Company: N/A

@'s: N/A

Other: N/A

With most of the hubbub from this mornings reporters quelled, Jason had slowly made his way back to his own office,taking care to avoid almost everyone he could do on the short journey, socialising wasn't first and foremost in his mind after recent events. 

The door to his office creaked open on it's time worn hinges, his heavy oak desk coming into view in the centre of the room, probably the only piece of furniture in the entire facility worth any sort of second look. It had an odd presence amongst the standard office furnishings, the chipboard shelving units, the overhead projector and fax machine that hadn't been touched since the early 00's yet protocol deemed necessary to keep around "just in case", chairs that no one can remember the manufacturer for, yet seem to exist in every bureaucratic building, plastic plants, just your standard office fair with one large varnished solid oak desk in the middle. Whoever was in this office before him had good taste.

With another creak and a light click, the office door close behind him as Jason wandered over and sat down behind his desk. There wasn't much on it for the most part, a single green shaded light, stacks of paper and notepads, a small laptop, coffee mug, and a single photo frame. Inside the frame there was a picture of two women, one older woman, and one much younger, perhaps only just hitting her thirties. JAson gave the picture a long stare, his mouth forming half a smile as he adjusted the frame to sit right on his desk. 

"Sometimes you just need a reminder..." he thought to himself, but before he could reminisce on his past more, a beep from his laptop brought him back into the present. There was still work to do, even if things seemed bleak for 108, they still had to continue on the best they could. An email from Gorgon... Just what he needed.

Jason did not dislike Gorgon, actually, if anything they might be too similar. She had this way of reminding Jason of himself when he was younger, back when Clarke-Knight was still really in operation, back when you couldn't afford to be lenient. At least she was better than her predecessor, someone Jason finds himself seeing more of in his own work every day, which is not comfortable at all... maybe it's an age thing. 

"Good day Director Swan, blah blah, Agent Harry... hmm... Temporary assignment... damage control... protection... added security measure hmrr... Right, okay..." Jason muttered under his breath as he read the email over with a slightly furrowed brow. As if the facility didn't have enough on its plate, they were now going to be host to a commonwealth agent, proper, not just a teacher or something, a serving agent... Jason could already taste the bureaucratic red tape nonsense spewing from the mans mouth. This was going to be interesting.

@St Starry

@Manic Muse

@Necessity4Fun

Ophelia Zielinski

_____

*Pa-thunk*

The soft sound came from the window of the classroom. The lighter underbelly of a dark purple tentacle was latched onto the glass. The suction cups holding her securely in place, she pulled herself up slightly. Peeking through the window to verify that this was the right room. Yus... yus it was. There was the creepy rich kid... the catgirl, aaaannnd the new teacher. The dog. Oho~ could a dog even teach? She wondered how this would go.

By now she probably could gave gone through the main entrance, but this way was more interesting. And she just could not abandon the effort this far in. Ophelia pushed up on the window, and as it opened an inch, she slipped in two, then four tentacles. Some attached to the inside wall while the rest pushed open the window the rest of the way. With one fluid movement, Oppie pulled herself into room and closed the window. Like a ninja boss. A pink scarved and maroon coated ninja boss. Oh yeah. Dr. Ninja, since it was first aid class.

She hurried to her seat. Hanging her scarf and coat on the back of her chair. Her disturbing appendages in full glory from the short sleeves of a white blouse, she put her tentacles in her lap and sat up straight. Quickly smoothing out a wrinkle from her black pleated skirt. For all intents and purposes, acting like she just walked in through the door. She would give a innocent smile and wave a single tentacle in greeting should someone shoot her a prolonged look.

She hoped she had not missed the teachers introduction. 

laz.jpg

Allen McNabb//Lazarus

Mood: Hooray!!
@Necessity4Fun @Zahzi

"That's quite alright, Miss Pellegrini! We were just beginning class, quite early in fact! My name is Mister McNabb." Allen gestured to Jordan "This is Mister Brahn. You might choose to call him Jordan. If that is alright with you of course, Mister Brahn." He grinned.

Kendrick Haywood

10340522_by_necessity4fun-da53j6l.jpg

People Around: Isabella Chase, the dog-teacher, New mysterious student...
Interactions:
 @KingHink
Today's Toys: TedPandoraSpiralSparkles
Asinelli and Garisenda (two of the white towers)

-Kendrick.exe has stopped working-

Back on his seat, Kendrick tried paying attention to somewhere else and forget about Isabella. But he couldn't.

Leaning over the desk, staring at the wall that Ted was still reclined at, the boy tried to block out the rest of the classroom while envisioning being somewhere else, anywhere else, as long he wouldn't have to deal with this mess he had made of everything.

The guilt he felt was so much, that to him, it was almost as if the teddy bear was disappointed at his actions too:

"I know, I know. I fucked up.", the teenager let out with a sigh, closing his eyes a bit to think.

Kendrick had been constantly wondering on how to possibly get on good terms with Izzy, but all his ideas didn't seen any helpful. Just apologizing would never cut, it wouldn't change or solve anything, people could pretend to repent, apologize, then do everything again and fall into an loop, an endless, meaningless loop. He didn't want his efforts to fall through, he need something with more depth.

Then he thought about bringing her one of those expensive, irresistible parfaits he loves, but again, buying people with sweets didn't seem proper, also rather cruel. It would be like saying 'Hey, be my friend and you'll have a life-stock of chocolate', it's obvious people would accept, but they would only be doing it for the 'reward'.

Would the girl ever let him close enough to bring her anything, anyway? Had it been with him, the boy would definitely try to be as away from the asshole that had bothered him as possible, just to avoid any more conflicts...

"Ahh! Nothing works.", he mumbled in frustration.

Seeing as dwelling in thoughts was only making things worse, the teenager decided to take a peek at the classroom again. He was surprised to see Isabella no longer in her seat, but cheerfully pestering the new teacher by his desk. Kendrick's gaze fell onto the teacher's chair and there he saw a dog. Oh yeah, the teacher is a dog..........The teacher is A DOG?!

The boy had taken a glimpse of the Golden Retriever before, but that fact had taken a while to sink in. A dog. A telepathic talking dog, wearing a sci-fi backpack, was sitting on the teacher's chair.

"This place is absolutely crazy..."

First, the hoodie-guy from the tour group had ridden a cabinet through a window and made it seem incredibly easy. Now, he had a dog as teacher. Incredible. What other bizarre things could happen around facility 108, he wondered.

And as if answering to his thoughts, a new noise echoed through the almost empty classroom and started him. Kendrick moved his attention to where the sound seemed to have come from. What he saw, caused him to instantly spring out of his seat and sweat cold. It was an octopus arm! Was an octopus joining class too?? The teacher is a dog so... He stopped that train of thought. Nah, it was too much of a cartoon fitting scene to actually be reali- 

Kendrick froze.

It was not an octopus. It was even stranger...

A little girl had entered the classroom through the window. She had leaped in/flown in (???) at once and gone directly to her seat. Choosing to enter from the window, instead of the door, like you were expected to, was already a bit weird. Also a little cool, though you're not supposed to be doing it, unless it's your house and you forgot the keys... But that wasn't the oddest part, no. The tentacles were hers... She had TENTACLES.FOR.ARMS. Like, what?! How? Why? What?!!

The boy kept looking at the new student, in complete disbelief. His expression a mix of confusion, aversion, surprise, worry and lots of other emotions. Actually, he wasn't sure of what the heck he was feeling right now:

"HUH?!", was everything he managed to mutter.

Then she smiled innocently and waved with one of the appendages at his direction. Kendrick raised his arm awkwardly in reply, but couldn't stop staring with his mouth agape.

"HUH?!!!"

img.ipsImageKendrick {
}
p.kendrick {
}

Aaron Mallory

Nearby: Tabitha, Luci, Jamie, Eve, Mary, and Page Morgan?!

Mood: Time to shift strategies

@s @Teh Frixz, @RemainingQuestions, @simj22, @Aldur, @ViAdvena

@Manic Muse@KingHink

Whoever the red haired woman was, she was certainly bold, stepping right up to the trap like that. Perhaps, like him, she was immune to physical damage. She knew his name though, or at least guessed it correctly. A reporter perhaps? In any case, she was one variable too many.

Ma'am, I need to ask you to step back please? Oh, and well done Mary!”

That was six out of ten, time to call the first test a qualified success and move on to the next, before the newcomer threw his delicately controlled chaos into a failure mode...

Speaking of which, what was Jamie up to now? Aaron sighed. Technically that makes eight out of ten? Hurrah..? That child does not do well with an audience to impress, he thought. He did not catch all of her diatribe to Ms. Knox, but enough to spark an idea for how to change up the test for her. She needed to be brought up short, but indirectly. Dealing with psychological defenses like Jamie's head on, in front of an audience no less, was a no win scenario. So. Let her “show-off” her own way into a moment of clarity? It might work. At the very least, it was worth a try.

Firstly though, there was the newcomer to deal with, and the test to scrub. He grabbed the saftey cable firmly and tugged gently, lifting the girders up and out of Tabitha's capable hands. When the latch clicked into place, he relaxed, if only fractionally.

Thanks very much Tabitha, you did beautifully. You can step back now and return to normal size. Mary, perhaps you could deliver her clothes to her? Then perhaps a quick portal to the cafeteria for a hot chocolate and snack? I expect the size change will leave you short some electrolytes and things, not to mention chilled to the bone. Tell them Mr. Mallory is paying, and come back in your own time.”

Turning his full attention to the stranger, he puzzled over who she could be. A new student perhaps? She was perhaps a little old, but not so much older than Hannah Scoggan. It would be so typical to get an unexpected student in the middle of class too. Administrative issues had been in utter chaos ever since his arrival, well before the attacks. One-oh-eight really needed to get a replacement administrative assistant; Aaron had learned early in life who truly made bureaucratic organizations function. Good secretaries were worth his weight in gold. His eyes drifted down to the welcome to AEGIS packet in her hand with his name on it, and the penny finally dropped, along with his jaw.

OH! You must be Page Morgan! Welcome back! Thank goodness we finally have a secretary again! Could you hold my packet at front desk for me please? I just have a few more tests to run and then we'll be back inside to warm up and do a post test break down. I will, naturally disassemble this contraption when we finish. With Ms. Knox's help I am sure we can make short work of it. If you would make sure the cafeteria staff treat Tabitha right, I will be forever grateful.”

He tilted his head back, trying to catch Eve's eye, and beckoned for her to come over. If the test for Jamie was going to have any effect, they would need to raise the stakes. He was reasonably certain she would be willing to help, but he needed to confer with her before he set his plan into motion.

Gavin Dabbs.jpg

"I can see you stalking like a predator, we've been here before"

"Nu-na-nu-na-nu"

"Not, not playin"

"I've got a remedy"

"Dance with the enemy"

"Nu-na-nu-na-nuh. Na-na-na-nah"

"Dancing is my remedy!"

Gavin tapped his finger tip on the steering wheel, keeping the beat as he drove along. Hitting a red light, he came to a stop. The driver window was rolled down enough to let all around him, hear his clear lack of ability to keep up with the lyrics of the old song. The rearview mirror pulsed with the bass. A woman dressed in a sharp suit in the car beside him, slowly turned to stare. The light was taking its sweet time turning back to green. Gavin had gone into full groove mode. Head bobbing and shoulder shimmies were making an appearance, right up until he noticed the audience out of the corner of his eye.

Sheepishly, he quickly turned down the music and focused on the red light, willing it to tick over to green. The woman, simply gave a bit of a chuckle at his clear display of embarrassment. The light turned green and Gavin found himself pulling into the AEGIS parking lot a few minutes later. It had been a short drive from the counseling office. Still feeling a bit embarrassed about getting carried away with car karaoke, Gavin jumped out of the car and started marching off toward, what he assumed was, the main building. Noticing a few different groups of reporters packing up all around, he frowned.

Granted the reporters appeared to be leaving, but he wondered if he would need some identification or something, to distinguish himself from them. Turning right back around, the stocky young man returned to the vehicle. Snatching his over sized shoulder bag, he went to sling it over his shoulder, while using his leg to slam the car door shut. Somehow he instead managed to dump the bag and its contents onto the asphalt below.

[SIZE= 11pt]Giving a loud groan, he knelt down and began picking up the various pencil boxes, erasers and booklets,  shoveling them back into his bag. However, as if on cue, a large gust of wind came blowing open one of the booklets, sending sheets of his artwork fluttering in the wind. Panicking, Gavin rushed to his feet. Trying to snatch up the pages before they got too far, he made it as far as the gate, again. All but two of them were recovered when another wave of wind rushed through the courtyard. Sending the sheets skating over the semi frozen ground toward the back of the building, Gavin [/SIZE][SIZE= 14.6667px]trailing[/SIZE][SIZE= 11pt] behind them.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 11pt]They both ended up plastered to the side of one of the walls, giving him time to lord over them in triumph before stuffing them both into the bag. A dramatic, 'phew' with a wipe of the forehead seemed almost necessary. However, not [/SIZE][SIZE= 14.6667px]completed,[/SIZE][SIZE= 11pt] as his head slowly craned skywards, seeing the large girl from the news holding back two massive battering rams. Jaw gabbing, Gavin was amazed with the sight, right up until he saw the tarps. '[/SIZE]Granted, she was not butt ass naked this time but gag. Tarps is the best they've got?'

"Poor thing," he mumbled the words under his breath. Before he could even put logic behind it, he strolled over to the group, keeping a bit of space from them and watched as they carried on with some exercise.

Denzil de Klerk

Just as Denzil was going to start his lecture of the day, Mitch Castle stepped into the room, late yes, but she hadn't missed anything. "It's fine, you didn't miss anything." He gestured to the open seats, as a sign for her to take a seat when the door opened again and Klaus stepped in to introduce the student he had missed for the previous classes. He smiled at the German curse word, honestly like the students wouldn't use the Internet to get the most cursing in the most languages. At least, that was what he did when he was their age and he had to take foreign languages. "Welcome to class, please take a seat." He waved at Klaus as he left the classroom again, and then smiled at the class at large.

He had gotten the same note as all teachers, as all staff, but no matter the trouble, today he would actually teach as he was supposed to. He leaned against his desk, cup of water cradled in his hands. "Today we're finally going to discuss the events of two weeks past." He paused, the next words even more important now that Minah had finally joined them. "If at any time you feel like you need to leave because of the subject please know that you are free to. I understand that you guys have been hit hard, both by the initial events and the fall out." He stepped back and behind his desk, slowly and with focus set down his cup of water.

He picked up an old school white board marker, and started writing on the board. "Two weeks ago three things happened, the attack on the mall," he wrote in clear script, 'Owenmills Mall', "the incident at the zoo," he wrote in the middle of the board, simply 'Zoo'"and despite the fact that you shouldn't know this the rumor mill ensures that you all know about the break-in here." Finally, he wrote at the opposite corner 'Break-In'. In one movement, he capped the marker, put it down and turned back to face the class. "As you all know, this class is supposed to deal with current events. So far I have not." He looked at each facial expression, making sure that these kids were still all right with discussing this. "That will change now."

Denzil's face was determined now, and it was likely one of the first times that he wasn't even slightly smiling. "My previous classes have been dry modern history and explaining legislation. In fact, the powerpoints I used are as useful as attending, so don't worry if you missed any classes." He couldn't help but wink at Minah as he said that, though it was true for her as much as any of the others. "As you can see, I don't have a neat-o powerpoint prepared for Political Powers today. Today is going to be somewhat more freestyle." His face relaxed, and he smiled again, taking a large sip of his water.

"Lets get started with the basics, what even happened?" He let the question sit for a second before rephrasing more clearly, "or, does anyone of you know anything about any of the three events on the board now?"  Yes, more freestyle was an accurate description, but this, as much as legal stuff that would affect only a super teen, was his course.

Penelope 

"Oh my fucking god, did they purposefully decide to shoot these scenes on a camera lens crafted from hardened mud then handed to a kid with palsy suffering a meth overdose?" Her offensive statement falls on deaf ears as currently the only living thing in her 'apartment' was a pair of male fruit flys that snuck in with a banana delivery that she had placed in conjunction with an order for KY and several magnum prophylactics. Of course she broadcasted that order information to anyone she could, the reactions on social media outside the school well worth it. 

Growing bored of the war cliches and the potato head main character who was past his prime even before his untimely death, Penny crawls on her belly over to her phone. Her shirt rides up against the fibers of the cheap couch that she'd insisted on instead of leather. If there was one thing lost doing her life away from people, it really was the lack of a strong sense of modesty. All too often Larry delivered things with Penny half dressed or sitting in the bathroom, door wide open. Unable to be openly judged and really on camera most of the time just sort of made one lose those little fears of private moments being exposed. 

And right this moment, things were too private. She was craving some social interaction. Feedback on her hate. Some sort of validation with people. Her phone opens up, already fired up into her AEGIS social app. It took a little finagling but she had learned how to send out app invites and message 'bombs' to groups so maybe this would work. Copying and pasting the registration list she'd stolen months ago, she whips up a group text. 

"AEGIS group chat yo. Git in losers" 

ACCEPT INVITE

Urial Ursler

Mood: Happy & Amused

With: Isabelle, Kendrick Heywood, Ophelia & Maya

latest

Well, the Catgirl certainly did jump up at the desk at him, but not in the way he was exactly expecting. Her expression seemed to turn into one of pure delight as she suddenly leaped from her own desk onto another, and bounded across them until she was quite close to his face to voice her curiosity and interest in him. Her question was certainly interesting and a bit of a breath of fresh air compared to the ones the eggheads at the Commonwealth often asked him or answers they tried to discover about his ability, which they claimed broke the laws physics. Ah well, It wasn't like anyone had any particular love for physics in the first place.....he certainly didn't anyways.

"I am indeed a dog Poesje~" 

He said that with a fair amount of pride and held his head ever so slightly higher. 

He had inhabited a fair few differing amount of animals in his lifetime but dogs were often the most enjoyable and "ordinary" to inhabit for him. Birds were quite nice, but their overly small size made it a bit troublesome to install any artificial limbs on them. Cats were just as fun, especially the larger breeds, but some of them had the tendency to make him act quite...rude. Quickly casting away his own thoughts, he tilted his head in both curiosity and amusement at her actual question, which was how he did human things and whether he could drive. 

"That's certainly a good question and I'm quite able to answer it without even saying a thing!"

Just as he said that, the bag seemed to unzip itself as a menagerie of twelve spindly golden arms twisted and twirled out of their containment, hovering above his form. 

"A wonderful friend and a few of his colleagues made this fantastic little contraption for me so I can do things far quicker and better than your average human. They even come installed with a variety of medical equipment & dispensers so I can perform my job as a Doctor just as well as any other; of course, that means I can quite easily perform medical procedures in any situation given that I always have my equipment with me. Though I can physically drive, legally I'm not allowed to. My friend whom I live with often acts as my chaperone when I need to get to places by car, but I can usually get around the city just by running. Being a dog certainly has its advantages you know~" 

Urial did enjoy telling people about himself and his powers, truth be told. He didn't like to think of himself as overly self-centered but answering these sorts of questions asked by people was always quite fun. 

"If you have any further questions about myself or my abilities, do feel free to ask!"  

Just as he said that, his nose twitched and ears moved ever so slightly, turning his head to gaze upon an odd armed girl crawl through the window and hop into their seat with haste. 

A squid girl.

Well, that was new. 

"Well aren't you just the little ninja. It seems like that this will be quite the animal kingdom orientated class today...Save for you young man!" 

Turning his head to Kendrick, he did it just in time to see the boys shock and disbelief at what was presumably the entire class. If Urial was him, he'd certainly think it quite weird to be placed in the class filled with animal people. 

He giggled at the boys awe. 

"Now, If that's all the students accounted for, It seems like I should introduce you all to my assistant."

Leaping off of his chair, one of the arms curled around as It reached into the backpack, seeming to pull out a small, segmented cylinder that let out a soft resonant humming. The arm quickly planted the Cylinder onto the ground as It began to quickly rotate and suddenly extend, four spider-like legs coming out of the sides as the cylinder now took on a more miniature radio tower appearance that was seven foot in height. It looked quite normal, save for the fact that a robotic green eye opened in the centre of it, gazing upon the occupants of the room. 

"This is Maya, she will be the one who creates the human holograms you will be treating for today's class." 

The odd robot seemed to let out a groan, It's eye resembling a glare as it rested upon the three children in the room. 

"If only Margo were here, I would not have to deal with these disgusting, enlarged neonates. If my creators could witness this, they would surely lament as one of their greatest creations is being used as a glorified projector for these hairy hunks of meat to gawk at." 

Maya's tone of voice was one of great disgust and dissatisfaction. The eye shifted it's gaze upon the floor as if It had gazed upon some grotesque sight. 

"Oh, don't take her words to heart, she's much more friendly once you get to know her!"

Urial chimed in with a far more gleeful voice that was in sharp contrast to hers. 

"Know this, neonates, that when you are withering away on your deathbeds, I, Maya, will function for centuries to come whilst your disgusting spawn continue to breed and die as a result of the curse of flesh inflicted upon them the second they are born. Cold metal and efficient circuitry is far superior than your feeble forms, Simians."

"It takes her a while to get used to new situations and people so please ignore her rambling.....Anyway.....before we start the lesson, would you all like to introduce yourselves to both myself and each other. I'm not quite familiar with all your names. I shall also be taking any questions If you have them before the lesson actually begins concerning myself or what is to come in the curriculum." 

Urial sat himself upon the cozy spinny chair that was the official symbol of office for all Teachers, right beside his friendly assistant Maya.

@Gus @simj22 @Aldur @ViAdvena @RemainingQuestions @Teh Frixz Is that everyone?

Victoria Beckett

It was about noon that she was excused from public school earlier today, going straight back to super testing. Then came sitting in the lobby for an hour past the appointment time as she waited for her name to be called. Most of the time was spent sifting through boring magazines, playing with her phone, or just talking with her mom. Stuff she would do at home anyway since the internet was down. Another two hours was spent going through the same tests that she had just went through weeks ago. This facility at least seemed more capable, and actually had durable equipment. This didn't, however make her any happier to go through it. They gave her a new rank and sent her on her way unceremoniously.

Despite that she was late, Victoria didn't feel in much of a hurry. Excused lateness always did seem to bring a bit of lethargy, though she partly wished she could have skipped school entirely. Anyway, after going home for a quick change of clothes, her mother pulled into the parking lot. 

Victoria and her mother walked into the building together. The reporters seemed a bit rattled amd pointing cameras towards Tabitha(thank goodness she wasnt naked this time) in the distance, and she had hoped they would get by without too much attenion. Which they did! For the most part, a few cutting words from her mother telling them to get out of the way was apparently all it took. Though... her mom telling them her baby was late for school was embarrassing...

At the desk, Victoria and her mother parted ways with a quick hug. Mama Beckett going to deliver the paperwork from the tests to the administration, and Victoria directed to the back where the Collateral damage class was being held, sparing her happening upon an empty classroom without a clue where to go.

Victoria left her bag in the class and made her way outside to... whatever contraption on earth that ugly thing was supposed to be. The deathtrap looked like something an 80s comic villain would dream up. She had to crane her head up a little to see it all through her limiter once she had gotten closer. Not too close... it looked a little unsafe...

Approaching, she said simply, "I'm here. I'm sorry I'm late Mr. Mallory. I was getting tested again. I have a doctors note back at class, in my bag." She did however chide herself for not putting it in her pocket. 

@Manic Muse @Necessity4Fun

Ophelia Zielinski 

Oppie did not pay much mind to the boys reaction, (Lie, it amused her) she was quite accustomed to those looks. However, the fact that not only the dog could talk but he had robot "tentacles" (close enpugh for her, yeah he had more.but hers were better) AND recognized her ninja skills! This made her day. 

As Maya was introduced and Uriel explained a few things, Ophelia was on the edge of her seat, the teacher seemed quite nice and was already making things interesting.  Even the assistant seemed like she would be fun. Oppie quickly raised a tentacle, signifying she had a question. Not that she gave much time for herself to be called on.

"What is a neonate?" She asked curiously. "Ms. Maya, if you purposefully dumbed down your words and said them condescendingly, that would make us feel more intellectually inferior to you." She blurted out next, forgetting she probably shouldnt say that. She did though think it was good advice that would benefit both parties.

She paused a second in retrospect. "Also... what is your policy on inappropriate questions? Depending on what it is, I'm sorry." She said sincerely. "Oh! And my name is Ophelia Zielinski." She quickly added.

She paused again. Oops, she she missed a question. "And how can we treat a hologram?" Ophelia also finally put down her tentacle that she forgot to put down when she started speaking.

Kendrick Haywood

10340522_by_necessity4fun-da53j6l.jpg

People Around: Isabella Chase, the dog-teacher, Octopus-student, an A.I. called Maya.
Interactions:
 @St Starry, @KingHink, @Teh Frixz
Today's Toys: TedPandoraSpiralSparkles
Asinelli and Garisenda (two of the white towers)

Oh.my.God, This class!! It keeps getting weirder!

Kendrick was out of it for quite a while. Still staring, still confused, he simply had no idea of what to do, or say, or NOT say. 

The only thing that managed to get him out of his daze was his cellphone. The boy had forgotten to put it in silent mode, so whatever it was that had happened, everyone else had listened to the device's three tone notification sound. He quickly took the smartphone out of of his pocket and switched the profile.

Luckily the teacher didn't seem to have paid much attention to it.

Good, otherwise this would have been rather embarrassing. How could he negligence something this important? It could have been highly disruptive and bother the class!

Right after the 'cellphone with sound' crisis, the teacher-dog had mentioned him:

"I did what? I swear it wasn't on purpose, Sir...", he replied without thinking. Obviously, he hadn't been following this conversation...

The golden retriever seemed to be more focused into other task rather than catch Kendrick's lack of attention. Actually, he said he was going to introduce the students to his assistant:

"I hope nothing else is going to come from the window...", the boy couldn't help but wish, "I swear to God! One time was enough already."

For the boy's relief, no one was entering from the window, but to his dismay, it was a robot-spider thing. A very uneducated spider-robot thing. Could this day get any worse?

Of course, as the gentleman he was, Kendrick let the teacher and the A.I. finish, before saying his mind, clearly and without restraint:

"Wow, your assistant is rather rude. I already dislike her."

Then the ,ugh, the weird tentacle girl made a question:

"She's basically calling us babies.", he replied, without even trying to look at Ophelia, still focused on the robot thing, "For such an intelligent A.I. you're honestly sounding like a 15 year old kid who thinks she's superior to 10 year olds just because of age. Such immaturity, Maya. I'm disappointed, I thought robots were cooler than that.", the teenager let out with a sigh.

"So, Moving on. I'm Kendrick Haywood, and you Sir, have forgotten to introduce yourself to your own class..."

Then, taking advantage of the 'break to thought' he had just created, the boy picked up his cellphone again, wondering if that notification was yet, another e-mail from his dad, or something even duller. To his surprise, it seemed to be an invitation to a chat room, though the host/inviter didn't seem to be very nice. Welp, it could keep him from getting bored again, at least.

Thus, he decided to click the invitation link.

USER -K_Haywood- joined the chat

-K_Haywood-: Ok.

-K_Haywood-: I'm here, what DO you want?

-K_Haywood-: Also,

-K_Haywood-: Calling other people 'losers' isn't any cordial of you, dear mysterious host.

-K_Haywood-: YOU'RE the one inviting. Be nicer.

img.ipsImageKendrick {
}
p.kendrick {
}

@Teh Frixz @Necessity4Fun

Ophelia down at a smartphone held into her lap by a sneaky tentacle. A message! From who? After a few failed mistaps with her sunction cups, she gave up and used her smartphones stylus. Or would have if she had remembered to bring it...

User DazzlingNinjaCthulu joined the chat.

DazzlingNinjaCthulu: Yo pwople!

DazzlingNinjaCthulu: Hey.   Wood!

DazzlingNinjaCthulu

DazzlingNinjaCthulu: h

DazzlingNinjaCthulu: Whats up

DazzlingNinjaCthulu:  sorry about typos bgw

Texting was hard...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back