Episode 3: School of Hard Knocks

Page Morgan

page morgan with bag.jpg

[SIZE= 12px]Location: Back courtyard > Cafeteria > Director Swan's Office [/SIZE]

“Relaaax, miss Page. We can handle this. Besides, what’s the worst that can happen?”

'Oh geee, I don't know. The children could be crunched and turned into pink goo in time for the six o'clock news!' Page was not ballzy enough to say it, but she thought it loudly! Plus, the scowl of disapproval read clearly, even behind her thick glasses. Tuning out the rest of the chatter, Page was practically gnashing her teeth. How the heck Director Swan had approved this was beyond her. That did not matter now. Now, he was going to get a piece of her mind on the matter. Right after, she got these children into the cafeteria.

"You heard the Teacher. Come on kids, off to the cafeteria," Page clapped her hands before motioning in a dramatic form toward the main building. However, she was quickly stopped to catch herself, it felt like a mini earthquake was starting up. By the third step, it was clear the source of the shaking. It was the oversized girl, walking about causing the ground to tremble. Apparently she was planning to stay for round two.

Catching just enough of Mr. Mallory's comments and action regarding removing a safety cable and using himself for live bait, the package of papers tucked under her arm, burst into bright orange flames. With a yelp of surprise, Page quickly dropped the packet of flaming documents and began to stomp on them, scattering ash, before remembering she had control over the blasted thing. After a sigh of exacerbation, she extended a hand reducing the mess to nothing more than a pile of smoldering ashes. Both mortified and humiliated, Page looked around at the group, clearly flustered. Seeing the freshly opened portal to the cafeteria, she rushed for it and disappeared from the courtyard. Instantly appearing in the cafeteria, the fiery secretary, inhaled deeply to hide a wayward sniffle and wipe away a tear of frustration.

She wanted to go hid out at her desk the rest of the day. It was humiliating that her powers had just gone off like that. Though she would never forgive herself if someone got hurt by the stupid contraption and she had failed to report her concerns to Director Swan. Wiping a bit of stray ash from the fireball of paperwork off her shoulder, the young woman marched off toward the Director's office. Back in the main hallway and still a good ten feet from Director's office door, Page bellowed, "Director Swan!"

Ms. Morgan was coming in hot, so to speak. Not even bothering to knock, Page turned the knob on the door and came marching into the man's office. Clearly seething with frustration but now faced with actually being in the Director's office, she did her best to hold her tongue until he acknowledged her presence.

Last edited by a moderator:

Danny Travis

Mood: Amused, but it's wearing off.

Score! Of course Richboy Haywood had bitten, the guy was a complete jellyfish. Penny's automatic response was just the cherry on the cake. He was about to reply, indicating to Haywood that he would indeed be coming up to First Aid class for a good, friendly talk and that, if it came to it, Haywood would be in the best classroom for the fallout and to Penny's all-out flirtation when a new, but familiar, voice piped up.

"Sorry, I'm late. What are we doing?"

Danny looked up from the phone and fixed Eden with a flat glare. Fucking asshole, wandering in like he owns the fucking place.

"Well, if it isn't the Ostrich Wrangler? Where's your long-necked, knock-kneed, stupid looking companion? And your ostrich?", Danny replied, acidly, "And we are going to the cafeteria, because Dumb and Dumber there", he jerked a thumb over his shoulder at Nike and Wolf, "don't have a fucking clue how to teach a class."

He turned to look at Cherie.

"Are you sticking here with the old crones or are you gonna come hang out with interesting people?"

Mitch Castle

Mood: Annoyed

Tags:  @RemainingQuestions @Lazy Rocktime

" ...people blew up." Mitch listened as the girl who just joined the class a few minutes ago gave her first-hand experience of the attack on Owen Mills mall. With her foreign accent, Mitch found it weird how she doesn't sound so shocked, so troubled by the sight she seen when it sounded so horrible. She remembered the video posted all over YouTube, one that she watched with morbid curiosity was so violent and gore it makes her want to puke. Maybe the girl has seen something worse? Splatter movies or snuff movies maniac, maybe?

Her attention was a little bit distracted by the sudden vibration of her mobile phone. She unlocked her phone's screen and quickly see what the new notification is about. An invitation to join AEGIS Chatroom, which she accepted.

USER Photocopier joined the chat.

Photocopier: Waddup

Photocopier: Who sent the invitation?

Jamie Bishop

She threw her hand forwards, and pulled at the invisible tether tying her and Aaron Mallory together. There was no hesitation between her actions but a short moment of surprise at his actions. Nothing. What? How could there be nothing? She had the latch on him, she could feel it. It wasn't that her powers were failing, but more like something was keeping him there. Shit. Fuck. What the hell was his problem? This was a matter of life and death, and he was going on about shit with the fuckos in the front gate? Damn it. Damn it damn it damn it. Jamie released her hold on the tether, and touched the brim of her cap. She let her eyes settle, the tension was forcing her vision to cross and blur, then assessed the entirety of the scene in front of her. After another second, ignoring Aaron's 'three second warning' call, her light touch turned into a grip, and with a sweep of her hand, she discarded her cap across the ground. Aaron, she'd have to deal with later. First, the other tutor. 

When Eve snapped into existence right next to her from her spot in the death trap, she knew that the problem with her power lay with Aaron Mallory. She'd seen the lady who had been peeking in earlier rush off in a hurry, possibly to call in authoritative figures to the scene. She grasped the penny in her hand tightly and made a small wish on it, before tossing it up into the air. Before it even reached the apex of its arc, she had already leapt into Aaron Mallory's arena, sprinting to where the man was. Gripping his hand, she tugged at him, and at the tether to the coin she had left in safety outside. Nothing happened. She was caught by something. THEY were caught by something. She turned a furious glare to Aaron Mallory.

"Sir, with all due respect, but I think you have to leave, immediately. If you're going to give me penance for my sins, Padre, then I suggest a nice confessional where we wouldn't be crushed to a pulp." Her expression didn't change, but a tinge of concern faded into her eyes, before dying out. "You have to get out of here, sir, right this instant. Do you honestly think that this is the proper way to teach someone? Casting away your life? For the Lord's sake, man, get moving! I'm not gonna let some suicidal fop get himself killed just because I tripped over a buncha tabloid fodder writin' knobs!"

@Gus

@Aldur

Hunter Red Ward

Nearby: Sam ( @Lioness075 )

Disposition: The Furries are multiplying..

It seemed that Hunter had indeed been given some new students. He guessed it was time to let go of his aggression. It was time to teach the new generation. They needed an able teacher. One with patience, compassion, and an open mind when it came to- why the fuck are you taking this seriously, reader? You know damn well where this is headed.

The door the classroom was suddenly kicked open, causing it to slam against the wall as Red marched through, looking around the room at the new roster of victims.

A cat. 

Seriously?

Red looked over a file he had brought with him, reading it over.

"Samantha Rose Casan. Age Eighteen, Rank B." he said aloud, before staring at her for a moment.

"And is...A cat. Not only do we have a plethora of people with weird names, but now it seems we're getting a steady supplies of anomalous supers, too." he grunted, rolling his eyes.

"Why the fuck not?"

Minah was supposed to be here as well. No doubt she got lost in another class. She'd probably be around eventually. Maybe not. He didn't care much. There hadn't been any bird-based deaths since the Zoo incident, so it was clear she had some semblance of control.

"Alright, Garfield, says here you slammed into someone with the force of a truck. Nice. Too bad your target was an innocent civilian."

Jordan Short-Tempered Brahn

Nearby: Allen McNabb ( @Bag o Fruit )

Cecilia ( @Necessity4Fun )

Disposition: Time for something a bit different..

Jordan sat back down in his desk, glaring daggers at McNabb. Whatever it was thought it was in the clear. No way in hell was Jordan going to give it the satisfaction. Oh no...There would be no calm for this thing...

For now, Jordan decided he would just observe this thing act like a human. No doubt it would continue acting in such a way as even the Itailian Airhead next to him could see something was wrong, right? No one is THAT blissfully numb....Right?

"So far this class has hardly been composing, teacher."

Sam Casan

Mood: Irritable, so the usual

Interaction(s): @Zahzi

Flinching when someone suddenly barged into the classroom and slammed open the door, Sam narrowed her eyes at the man now present with her. Seeing his overly military-like appearance and the fact that he was more buff than anyone Sam had ever met, she felt a sudden compulsive desire to ask what his power was. Personally, Sam could only assume it was super strength. 

Listening to the man reading off her name, age, and rank, Sam looked down at the paperwork he was holding only to realize with a skip of her heartbeat that it had to be a file on her. Crap, what else did it say about her?

Before she could fully consider this, the man decided to call her a cat. A cat, seriously? How did she even remotely resemble a cat?

Scowling at this and having no idea what 'anomalous' meant, Sam spoke up, "I'm not a cat. Seriously, how do I even resemble one?" Proceeding to hold up a finger each time she mentioned something, Sam then continued, "I have glowing green eyes, am a bit short on fingers and toes to even be considered human, have a prehensile tail which can hold up my entire body without a problem, and have dark blue 'fur' covering my body. How does any of that make me cat-like?"

When the man, presumably her teacher, continued on to the subject of her boss, Sam furrowed her brows. First, he complimented her and then he followed up by reprimanding her. Annoyed by this, Sam responded almost immediately with, instead of a finger, her tail's pointed end pointing at the teacher and then at herself when she began speaking.

"First off, my name ain't Garfield. It's Sam. Secondly, I didn't hit anyone. My boss panicked and slipped on the wet pavement. She literally hurt herself."

Aaron Mallory

Nearby: Mainly Jamie Bishop. The audience is no longer of concern.

Mood: Serious

@s @simj22, @Aldur, [SIZE= 14px] [/SIZE]@KingHink[SIZE= 14px], [/SIZE]@Teh Frixz[SIZE= 14px], [/SIZE]@ViAdvena[SIZE= 14px], [/SIZE]@RemainingQuestions[SIZE= 14px] [/SIZE]

Aaron felt a little shiver pass over him in the pause between two and three. At first he thought it was nervous jitters, but then he realized how large Jamie Bishop loomed in his gravitational 'radar' and realized she was trying to pull him out before he could push the trigger. Smart tactics! And impressive strength, too! She had a pull roughly equivalent to a battleship, and yet she exhibited no tidal effects. Interesting. Possibly a synchronous quantum tunneling effect? He made a mental note to investigate later. If she forgave him enough to speak with him again...

Eve Vanished from his side, and Jamie appeared next to him and grabbed his hand, trying to physically pull him from his position in space. This time, though her gravitational presence was more noticeable, the anchor on the other end was far too weak and he barely felt the pull. She was speaking very rapidly, urging him to leave under his own power. All trace of her former arrogance was gone, and he almost gave in. Perhaps this would do? He steeled himself. Life would teach harsher lessons than this, and even if she hated him for it, he had to be sure she understood. His foot fell heavily on the trigger.

Three!”

Jamie continued to remonstrate with him, accelerating her pace as the trap swung shut.

...For the Lord's sake, man, get moving! I'm not gonna let some suicidal fop get himself killed just because I tripped over a buncha tabloid fodder writin' knobs!"

She was still holding his hand, and he gently pulled her in close, turning his back to one girder, and holding up his free hand toward the other. Softly, he said “Trust me, Ms. Bishop.”

There was a noise like the tolling of an enormous bell.

Aaron let go of her hand, and in a grave voice said, “I have to beg your forgiveness, Jamie. You were never in any danger with me, nor was I, but that doesn't make what I did right. I have no excuse for that, only an explanation, which I hope you will consider in mitigation of my perfidy: I wanted you to have a taste of how those reporters felt. You brutalized my mannequins, and you said Ms. Knox comparing them to human lives made you sick, and that is fair enough. But when you are dealing with real people, you have to do better than just not hurt them. Normals have no idea what it is like to be like us. Like you. They are small and frail enough already without being made to feel smaller. They have dignity as well as internal organs. And even if they are “tabloid fodder writing knobs,” they need us to protect that dignity as well as we can. Humiliation breeds fear, and fear is a key ingredient in the recipe for a terrorist. You passed the test. Your skills and strength are... impressive. Trying to pull me out before I could trigger the trap was clever tactics, and should have worked, on almost anyone else. I cheated you out of a clean victory, and I am truly sorry. I hope you can forgive me. If you like, you can stay for the other tests. If you'd rather, you may leave for the day.”

Jamie Bishop

“I…” she looked as if she was about to say something, then clamped her mouth shut. She dug her hands in her pocket, and scuffed her shoe on the ground, her eyes cast aside, glaring hotly at nothing in particular, as she muttered a just barely audible “Yes, sir.” As much as she tried to muster up a single ounce of defiance in the voice, however, she could not. In fact, it trembled, ever just so slightly.

Perhaps it was the that she had grown up with none, but the praise Aaron Mallory gave her gave her a feeling of peculiar warmth. A kind that she very much enjoyed, though this was a fact she would keep to the grave. And the way he drew her close to protect her from the trap, his assurance to trust him only served to remind her of something she never really had. Snot built up in her nose, and started to leak, just slightly. She wiped it off with the cuff of her sleeve, and drew in a long, wet, intake of air, before she started away from Aaron Mallory, her teeth gritted in an attempt to force her own emotions to calm themselves. She gave a dismissive wave to the man without turning around, and blinked out of the arena, reappearing at the coin she had discarded earlier next to her cap. She picked up both, drew the cap over her head, and started to walk away as fast as she could from the watching eyes.

Hunter Red Ward

Disposition: Everybody gets one.

This entire generation of kids seems to have a knack for talking back to people who may or may not have killed more people than they can name. It was hard to say whether or not either just letting this be as it is, or beating every single brat across the head until the concussions aid their ability to think. Now that we think about it, that first option sucks. VIOLENCE IS ALWAYS THE ANSWER.

Red began to chuckle, listening to Sam's retort. Oh this would be a fun old time indeed...

"Well, it looks like Garfield is mad about the nickname. How about Nightcrawler? Grumpy Cat?" he asked with a sarcastic tone he thought for a moment, eyes skyward, before shaking his head.

"No, until you actually prove to be worth my time, Garfield will have to do." 

He then walked over to his desk, tossing the file onto the desk before looking back to Sam.

"Now that pleasantries are out of the way, I am Hunter Ward. Welcome to How Not to Kill, or what is SUPPOSED to be that. Due to recent events, it's clear AEGIS needs to grow a pair again. This class will make sure you know to show restraint with civilians, but to throw that to the dirt with your enemies."

There was a crunching sound across the desk Sam sat at. It would come with time for the unfortunate students of Mister Ward as to why the desks, chairs, hell, damn near everything in his room, was made of metal.  As if like water, a large mass of metal had moved from the desk, gliding through the air and an inch away from Sam's throat, circling around to the back of the neck in a deliberate fashion as to be seen. Once an edge had been formed around Sam, it broke down, reforming into the desk.

"This is not a class for someone wanting to hide from the world because of what you have. No, this is a class for dealing with the ignorant masses who think your powers make you a demon." 

Sam Casan

Mood: Slight Panic

Scowling when the teacher responded in a nonchalant manner and then proceeded to offer other nicknames, Sam folded her arms across her chest and simply glared at him. What kind of name was 'Nightcrawler' anyways?

At the mention of having to prove herself to the man, Sam's heart began to race and she spoke up, "Give me a chance to prove myself then."

Except, he tossed her file onto his desk before moving onto introductions and basically ignored Sam. Wonderful.

Continuing to scowl, Sam leaned back in her seat with her arms on her desk and fiddling with her six fingers while her tail flicked this way and that behind her desk.

Listening to the teacher introduce himself as Hunter Ward, Sam only perked up a bit when he mentioned AEGIS needing to grow a pair, which brought a grin to Sam's face. At least Hunter had a decent sense of humor. Upon hearing that she might get to learn some self-defense, too, Sam's grin only seemed to widen.

Alas, her grin was short-lived, as she went rigid the moment there was a loud crunching noise from her very desk. Frowning at this while her heart pounded with a bit of fear, Sam stared at the desk for some sign as to why it had made such a sound only for her to see the approaching mass of metal that soon was at her throat. Frozen in place, Sam's eyes were wide and looking downward at the metal that she couldn't quite see right now. It soon moved around to the back of her neck and she couldn't help but gulp while her tail was also frozen in place mid-movement at her side. There really was no way for her to defend herself in this position, though. Once it broke down finally and she was safe again, Sam let out a quiet gasp, immediately looking to her side at the empty desk beside herself and wondering if she'd be allowed to move now.

While considering this option, Sam heard Hunter continue on as if nothing had happened and she realized she probably had talked back to the wrong person. Alas, this resolution was really delayed and Sam couldn't help but fear for her life in this stupid classroom now. Crap, crap, crap.

Yet, her slight panic was interrupted when she heard Hunter say 'demon'. Instantly, Sam perked up again and looked at Hunter while trying to control her breathing. Just what had she gotten herself into here?

crs.jpg

Chris Kravitz

Mood: What the hell did I just log on to??

@KingHink@Teh Frixz@Necessity4Fun@Lazy Rocktime@too much idea@Captain Hesperus

barrelRider: ninja what? what the hell

USER 「ミナカラス」 joined the chat  

USER Photocopier joined the chat.

Photocopier: Waddup

Photocopier: Who sent the invitation?

barrelRider: idk somebody at aegis i think?

barrelRider: im on a shittyass borrowed hospital computer

barrelRider: they re the only people whod know to access it here

barrelRider: jfc i think this is a fuckin dell

barrelRider: didnt dell go out of business like 20 years ago??

Aaron Mallory

Location: [SIZE= 11pt]Perched precariously by the pivot of the [/SIZE][SIZE= 15px]pendulum… and then not.[/SIZE]

Nearby: [SIZE= 11pt]Eve Knox and most of the day's students[/SIZE][SIZE= 15px]…[/SIZE][SIZE= 11pt] and who is that young man over there?[/SIZE]

M[SIZE= 11pt]ood: Thankful[/SIZE][SIZE= 15px]…[/SIZE][SIZE= 11pt] [/SIZE][SIZE= 15px]…and then [/SIZE][SIZE= 15px]surprised.[/SIZE]

@s @ViAdvena @RemainingQuestions @KingHink @Teh Frixz [COLOR= rgb(39, 42, 52)] [/COLOR]@simj22[COLOR= rgb(39, 42, 52)], [/COLOR]@Aldur[COLOR= rgb(39, 42, 52)], @Manic Muse[/COLOR]

Well, that went about as well as he could have hoped. Perhaps the old priest at the Basilica had been right. Maybe this was what he was here to do. It made him nervous, to take risks like that, especially with children.

Not the physical risk. That, he had accounted for. Risking pushing them out of their comfort zone. That was not in his comfort zone. Engineering and physics gave precise answers to simple questions. How much force would it take to stop a steel beam? How much force could the steel beam withstand without breaking? These sorts of questions he could handle. And for the most part they were useless in teaching kids how to become heroes. Worksheets didn't cut it here. Calculators were no help. He needed answers to big fuzzy questions. Answers which couldn't be precise or simple, ever. Which way would a person would jump when confronted with a moral quandary? How much stress could you put someone under before they snap?

These sorts of questions were more Lisa's territory. Perhaps he would ask her about it in session tomorrow night. Or maybe go and talk to the priest tonight after class? At the very least, he should thank the man. Somebody needed to push him to face his anxieties and be brave. To do his job properly, or at least make a go of it.

Speaking of which, class wasn't over yet. He grabbed up a fresh length of steel cable, looped it over his shoulder and started climbing up the ladder like structure of the swing arm to attach it to the broken safety lever. As he went he called over his shoulder,

You're up next, Mary! Think you can find a creative way to apply those portals OTHER than just grabbing mannequins through them? Luci, you're after her, then Victoria will bat clean up. And Victoria? Don't think I don't know your power scares the heck out of you. Better though, to face that fear here, with guidance, don't you think?”

Just as he was about to turn back to his climb, he noticed a new figure peering around the edge of Mary's portal to the cafeteria. Odd. Not a student. A little young to be a reporter. He was about to call out a greeting, but instead he said "Whoah!" 

Distracted from the task at hand, he had missed his next handhold. He snatched at it, and in his haste gripped with his full strength, erasing the steel cross brace in a flash of quark plasma. For what seemed a long moment, he teetered, and then gravity took full hold of him, and he dropped like a stone. He just had time to think: "Well, that's that then."

Hunter Red Ward

Disposition: Let's see what Garfield is capable of.

"Now that I seem to have your attention, today's lesson is going to be very simple..." he said, crossing his arms as the crunching sound returned. All the vacant desks around Sam seemed to break down and meld into the floor, creating a much larger space to work with. Her own desk seemed to be in the process of it as well- Hunter was being nice and was giving the new student ample time to get up before she would fall over onto the floor.

Red had requested the largest classroom for a reason. Nice, spacious, and enough meddling without Swan's knowledge that the entire room was soundproofed. Not that there was ANY need for it....

"I need to know exactly what I'm dealing with if I'm going to train you to survive in this world. So your task is to hit me. As hard as you can." he told her, before holding up one hand, a single finger extended.

"But one stipulation; if I feel you're holding back, you're being thrown across the room. Now then. Begin."

Maybe being a cat wouldn't be so bad. The nine lives would certainly help with this kind of curriculum.

Jason Swan -Director

Jason_Swan250.png

Mood: Tired

Company: Paige Morgan

@'s: @Manic Muse

Other:

"Dear Director Chernov... Thank you for the corispondance.. Would be more than happy to accommodate Agent Harry... Would love to discuss prior events with you personally... Look forward to hearing from you again, Director Swan, Aegis 108." 

Emails never sat comfortably with Jason, there was an air of formality and stuffy etiquette in writing them that he never quite managed to grasp. That, and having a Commonwealth Agent on site would be difficult to say the least, Swan didn't hold anything against the current iteration of the organisation, but they were still Commonwealth, and the past associated with them had still happened, he knew more than most what that entailed. Hitting the send button, Swan watched the little animation on his old laptop ding into life and acknowledge that his message was on it's way, and listened as his name was called from the swiftly opening door.

"Yes? Oh, Miss Morgan you're back... Everything alright?" Jason asked as he deciphered the look of frustration clearly painted all over Paige's body. She wasn't the most emotionally composed member of staff at the best of times, or maybe she just wasn't as desensitised as the rest of them, either way her more honestly shown emotions were not usually without good cause. Closing his emails, Jason motioned to Paige.

"Please, have a seat. What's on your mind?" He said calmly. She would make for a good distraction to the coming shitstorm that was Agent Holden and the red tape he would drag through the door with him. Not to mention the spy they had in custody, the students and their general day to day shenanigans, and all the other mishaps that happened when you gathered so many supers into one place for a length of time.

Denzil de Klerk

@too much idea@Lazy Rocktime

Denzil let the silence fall for a bit, but smiled softly at Mitch's comment. He nodded, and wrote 'injured intruder' below 'break-in', before turning back to Mitch. "Now, lets not say who's human and who not, but yes, she was injured." There was an irrational part of Denzil that always, without fail, got angry if someone was called not human, or inhuman. Maybe it was how often he had heard it used to describe supers, by those against and afraid of them, but sometimes by supers themselves too. But another divide wasn't what was needed, and to Denzil their humanity was the one thing that they unquestionably shared.

Denzil let another silence fall, as he didn't want to pressure anyone. These were delicate subjects, and pushing someone to talk before they knew what to say could make it come out all kinds of wrong. He nodded at Minah when she politely raised her hand. It shouldn't have surprised him that she talked about what happened at Owen Mills, and from the way she spoke, it seemed to Denzil that she had been there. He made a mental note to keep a close eye on her, to make sure he would give her breathing room when needed. Still, what she said cut to the quick of it. He nodded, and with a smile said "well said, Minah." He turned back around to write 'extremists' and 'explosions' below 'Owenmills Mall'.

When he turned back around he saw that Mitch had her phone out, but he didn't call her out on it. After all, no one was talking when she had been on her phone. It reminded him that he needed to turn his phone on silent mode, since it has been buzzing in his pocket. "Now, does anyone know anything about what happened at the Zoo?" Surely they had seen the news, at least, and that was mostly what Denzil wanted to get to, how the news responded to these different and distinct events, both the similarities and the differences. And then, of course, how to respond to reporters as well as friends that assumed they knew something or had an outspoken opinion because they had powers.

While the students thought about that, or about what else to add to the board, or whatever else they wanted to, Denzil checked his phone. He turned it to silent, and nearly put it away before an instinct urged him to look at his messages. Two were of a news app, but there was also a text of his dad. Bel me zo snel mogelijk, het is belangrijk. Denzil pocketed his phone before looking back at the class. There were no real trouble makers here now, and he wanted student interaction to get back up again anyway. "Please excuse me, I need to make an urgent phone call." He put the marker down on his desk before picking it up again and placing it on Mitch's desk. "Do write anything you can think of on the board, anything at all." He stepped outside and closed the door. 

The hallway was blessedly clear, and checking the time in Amsterdam, he called up his Pa. As soon as his dad cut to the chase the blood drained from his face. His mother was in hospital. She might not leave. He looked at the closed door, behind which his student were hopefully not drawing dicks on the whiteboard before looking outside. The decision was hard to make, but also one of the easiest he had ever made. "Ik kom zo snel mogelijk terug pa." He closed his eyes, "ik hou van jullie allebei, okay?" He needed to grab the next plane back. He hoped, with hope so fierce it hurt, that she could be saved, yet he knew he couldn't be certain. 

He looked back outside, the cold gray weather suiting his mood for once before opening the door to his classroom again. He didn't step inside, and he didn't greet them with a smile. "I'm sorry, but I need to leave due to a family emergency." Before any of them could ask what was going on, he continued, "please discuss the events and the reaction of the media on them, I'll send out an email when I can." He grabbed his bag, and turned away from his classroom, feeling like Atlas, the door closing was shockingly silent for such a monumental moment in his life, but Denzil kept walking, kept going. All the way to his home, he shut out the rest of the world, his thoughts a continent away.

Translations for those interested. The text means: Call me as soon as possible, it's important. What Denzil says at the end of the call means: I'll come as soon as possible dad, I love you both, okay?

KYLE KEYSOR

Mood: Confused & Tired

He was very unsure of how long he had been standing there, but the red haired lady he had been talking to had long gone, as were the reporters whom he snuck past seemingly only five minutes ago. Did he black out again?...probably, but one thing he did know is that he now had a donut in his hand and it looked good as hell. Those two boys from earlier who had interacted with that talking dog were also still there, with the one with glasses still on the floor and the one with a piercing just kinda standing there. Had a time distortion super came into school or?....

Eeeehhhh, either way, he was hella late for class. If Asher wasn't going to have his head, which would be slightly uncharacteristic of him, his dad certainly would If he heard he was late for the most important class that Kyle attended at AEGIS. The other's were pretty important as well, but when you have mental related abilities such as his, Mental discipline & Emotional composure were the main two and he certainly needed to learn some of the former after that incident in the Zoo. 

Casting a glance at the two boys frozen in time in the middle of the courtyard, he quickly stuffed the sugary donut into his mouth and made off into the building with haste. Of course, rushing whilst eating and having a non-existent sleep schedule also resulted in him smacking his face into the wall beside the door, rather than going through the door itself. Stumbling backwards and falling onto his backside, he rubbed his face as he blinked a few times, squinting his uncovered eye at the wall. 

"Huh.....That was...intended." 

Floundering a bit as he got up, he swayed slightly and composed himself as best as a sleep-deprived teenager could. Giving his face one last rub, he made his way through the door successfully this time and made his way into the facility; noticing the lack of people congregating anywhere in the hallways, he was pretty sure that everyone was in class by now and that he was certainly hella fucking late. Picking up pace once again and not slamming himself into an obstacle, he quickly navigated the slightly dilapidated building. As he made his way through the building, some weird ass techno rave music began to resonate through his ears dimly and he turned his head to the sound, slowing down and following the source as It slowly got louder and louder. That music was clearly of Mr Torchinovich's doing, who was a fairly eccentric guy among a faculty of eccentrics that was composed of a talking dog, a blurry man and a former terrorist somehow being allowed to teach children. This place made odd decisions in its faculty, Kyle was quite certain of that. Wasn't as bad as the creepy Cuban lady dad always has with him, but It was still pretty damn weird. They might as well just hire that bird prophet guy back at the zoo as one of the teacher's. 

Sighing in anticipation of his teacher's musical antics, he slowly opened the door with a resounding creak, popping his head into the class to look around at It's inhabitants. He was quite surprised to find that he was the first one there and that Torchinovich was just on his computer playing one of those freebie flashgames you find on google when you're bored. 
"Uh sorry about being late Mr T, I had to sneak through a crowd of reporters with this.....Irish lady."
Irish people had red hair right?
Or was It Scottish people?
He had no clue to be quite honest and she might not have even been either of those things, but she did have red hair and that was good enough for him. Making his way into the room, he plopped himself into a seat and gazed at all the weird music equipment. Yep, he had forgotten how odd the teachers were In Aegis compared to the ones you find in normal school. 
"So uh........am I the entire class or is everyone else just really late?....."
Once again looking around the room for any signs of life that didn't have green hair.
And aside from himself, there seemed to be none....

Mitch Castle

Mood: Awkward

Tags:  @RemainingQuestions @Lazy RocktimeRocktimegRocktimeRocktRocktimeRocktimegRocktimeRockt

"Now, lets not say who's human and who not," Mr. Denzil said, and Mitch realized that she might have said something inappropriate. What word did she use to call the mysterious tresspasser? She can't remember, and her face skowly turned red with embarrassment. That makes her no different from her former classmates and the reporters standing in front of the gate. Calling someone else 'not human' when she herself is not exactly one. She placed her phone on top of the tabke, as Mr. Denzil asked another question- This time about the accident in the Zoo.

It was so chaotic no one knows exactly what happen, with the addition of viral photos and videos of a giant naked teenage girl who Mitch could easily identified. Before she, or anyone else could speak out, Mr. Denzil stood up from his seat with a face so serious and what looked like full of worry. The teacher placed his marker on top of her desk and gave her an instruction before exiting the class.

Mitch stayed on her seat, and begunbto worry about her teacher. Something is going on, something bad is happening. Soon, her feeling becomes true. A family emergency, Mr. Denzil said, and he left in the class in such a hurry. The door closed, and with that there is no one to teach them for the rest of the day... And maybe semester.

Mitch took a deep breathe, then stood up and took the marker with her as she slowly walked in front of the class. She stopped in front of the board and turned, staring right at the new girl.

"I hope everything will go well for Mr. Denzil," Mitch said. "So... Self study time, yayyy?"

.msidebar{float:right;}
.mooc{max-height: 0px; overflow: hidden; transition: max-height 0.5s linear;}
.mbanner:hover + .mooc, .mbanner:focus+ .mooc{max-height: 300px; padding:0 10px; }
.mooc:hover, .mooc:focus{max-height: 300px; padding:0 10px; }
@media (max-width:400px){
.msidebar{float:none; margin:auto;}
}

ZT4ay68.png

Marianne Ross

School's backyard

Company:

@Gus @Aldur @Manic Muse @RemainingQuestions@KingHink @simj22 @Teh Frixz

She isn't able to teleport him out, Mary thought as she saw the scene unfold before her, watching every second of Jamie's futile attempt at pulling Aaron out of the death trap. Wonder what caused it. Her attention now shifted to their teacher. Super strength? Is it why he is able to resist? Mary almost didn't notice Paige stormed out through her portal. Almost. ...And it seems that this class will be in trouble the moment she comes back. She thought, her eyes still fixated on the test. Well, that's the teacher's problem, not mine~

Nevertheless, the scene before her still made Mary worried enough that she unconsciously stood up in case something really bad happened. Good thing it ended on a good note without any accident--

"-Better though to face that fear here with guidance, don't you think- Whoah!

God damn it, spoken too soon. Wasting no time, the portal behind Mary closed as she opened a new horizontal portal right below Mallory. At the same time another portal opened on the ground, this time a vertical one with its opening facing the ocean. A change in orientation that would do enough to prevent him from hitting the ground- except by stumbling. "I do think of several, Sir," she shrugged, "one that does involve falling, if this is your deliberate way to-" she paused. Something looked strange about her portal. Is it really...?

Frowning, Mary walked towards the portal on the ground. It blinked out of existence, before once again appeared, this time with its pair on the ground. Still staring at the portal, she spoke at Mallory, assuming he was somewhere behind her, "My apologize Sir, I know the test is important and all, but would you like to walk through the portal again before that?"

Danny Travis

Location: Facility 108 Gymnasium > Facility 108 corridors > Political Powers classroom

Mood: Amused, but for new reasons.

Danny, regardless of the intentions of the other two students in the Physical Discipline class, strolled to the main doors and nipped through them, even as they were still closing following Eden'a arrival. The only parting gesture he left was a flipped middle finger directed at Nike and Wolf by way of leavetaking.

He stepped out into the corridor and looked around, the world suddenly his oyster. And such opportunities! He could drop into the First Aid class just to piss on Toyboy's cornflakes, he could sit in the canteen and continue his conversation on the chat room with a coffee or... 

A door slammed nearby and he heard a one-sided conversation in a foreign language. Could be something European or not. Danny wandered in the direction of the voice and paused as he heard a door close, then moments later it opened again and de Klerk strode up the corridor and brushed past the teen without so much as a word. He watched as the Plantman exited through the front doors of the building and out of view. 

Danny chuckled at the prospect of a teacher skipping class, just as he had, but paused when he realised what it meant. A classroom full of poor feckless Freaks, waiting for a teacher who wasn't coming back. Time for le epic troll!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DannyT: Hey, nuke, watch your cameras and get a look at Political Powers. Imma go troll some nubs

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Danny walked down the corridor then slammed into the Political Powers classroom door, knocking it wide open and curtailing any potential discussions that might have been taking place within. He strode through the door, pumped up and raring for action. His eyes fell upon two girls, approximately his age, neither of them anything like his coloration. One, a girl with softly Oriental features, was stood by the whiteboard with a black marker in hand and was facing the rest of the almost empty classroom. Danny strolled over and plucked the marker from her hands and looked at the words scribbled on the board. The one that stood out in his mind was 'Zoo'. He grinned inwardly. Had this been one of those dumb anime programs, his face would have become shadowed with the only visible thing being a gleaming, lurid grin and perhaps a gleam from a shrouded eye.

"So, girls, wanna hear a story about yet another monumental fuck up enacted by a number of inept 'Supers' using excessive and unnecessary force for little actual gain. As told by an actual bystander?"

Sam Casan

Mood: Is this guy serious?

Tag: @Zahzi

As Hunter continued speaking, Sam soon caught on to the sound of the crunching metal and immediately reacted, shimmying out of her desk and onto all fours nearby. Her tail swished about behind her as she gave Hunter a solid glare, not overly fond of how he kept seemingly threatening her life. Am I a student here or a training dummy?

Listening to Hunter casually continue as if nothing had just occurred, Sam slowly stood back up on her hind legs while keeping herself a bit low, in case the crazed metal man suddenly lashed out at her. At the mention of hitting Hunter as hard as she could, Sam hesitated. Not just because he wanted her to do something she'd restrained herself from doing recently, but also because he just had to add that she couldn't hold back at all...and he would be judging that on his own. Great, how do I know if I'm hitting my hardest if I've never even tried before?

Not even feeling 100% in control of her own power meant she felt that much more uncertain about this whole situation. Taking a few steps backwards to give herself some more space, Sam then leaned forward into a sprinting position and closed her eyes for the moment. Trying to relax was really hard right about now considering the man waiting in front of her for her to make her move, but Sam hoped that by relaxing she could then have better control over her power. If she ran at him at a strong enough speed and then punched him, could she really hit him hard? If she stopped before running into him, would her punch be feeble instead of strong or would it keep its momentum?

Alas, Sam didn't know the answer to these questions. All she could do was hope for the best and that she didn't actually hurt her own teacher in the process. Given his stature and overall appearance, Sam would be surprised if she actually managed that. 

Taking a deep breath, Sam then opened her eyes and lurched forward, clearly visible in motion briefly before she vanished in a blink of an eye. Not a second later, Sam reappeared in blurry motion inches from Hunter, her fist flying at high speed right at his face.

Aaron Mallory

Nearby: Eve Knox and most of the day's students, plus a mysterious guest?

Mood: Shaken, but grateful to be uninjured.

@s @ViAdvena @simj22 @Aldur @KingHink @Manic Muse @Teh Frixz @RemainingQuestions

A split second after his fall began, something curious happened. Space folded around him. It was a feeling simultaneously familiar and bizarre. It had been almost a decade since he had last traveled by wormhole, and that had been to Mars. Over such distances and relative velocities, space-time was stretched tight as a cosmic drumhead, and the tunnel fit snugly, like a womb, or perhaps a straight-jacket. This shortcut was so roomy he had space to flail about, and he did so, wildly. The tunnel also turned a corner, which he had honestly not thought a wormhole could do; all of his own were perfectly straight lines through curved space. The idea of a curved tunnel knocked the wind out of him almost as thoroughly as the abrupt shift in velocity did. Even at just a couple of meters per second, a right angle turn required positively enormous forces for a body as massive as he was. The air was forced violently from his lungs and his flailing turned into rag-doll flopping as he was ejected back into normal space as quickly as he'd left it. The portal he'd just left appeared to implode under the force of his velocity vector adjustment.

Now, he was rocketing backward at more than twice his normal top speed. His feet touched the ground. Not good. With what little breath he had left he made a quiet Whup?” noise, and then the world was cartwheeling around him. Luckily the ground of the barrens was relatively forgiving, even in the cold January air, and he scuffed the earth more than it scuffed his clothing. The world eventually settled into place lying prone on his face, and with some effort, he pushed it off of him. He took a breath and tentatively stood up. Nothing broken. The shoulder of his shirt was ripped and the left knee of his pants had blown out. Icy mud and dirt everywhere. Could have been much, much worse. He sighed, somewhat shakily, and ran his fingers through his hair, smoothing it back into place as best he could. He walked up behind Mary, intending to thank her, but she seemed distracted, staring at her portals which were now flush with the ground. The gravitational flux they were putting out was formidable, and they felt slightly unstable, and yet he felt no detectable tidal distortions in the surrounding area. Then again, it wasn't as if he was entirely compliant with the known laws of physics either. Odd how similar and yet different their portals were. It would be interesting to...

"My apologize Sir, I know the test is important and all, but would you like to walk through the portal again before that?"

Aaron smiled broadly, glad to know he wasn't the only super who geeked out over the details of how powers worked.

Of course, Mary. In the name of science, I'd be happy to do so!”

Luci Tolbert

@Gus @Aldur @simj22 @KingHink @ViAdvena @Teh Frixz

Mary made a portal to the cafeteria, but Luci stayed where he was. Somehow, he couldn't make himself move, and suddenly everything happened far too fast. Instead of mannequins, Mister Mallory and Miss Knox were going to stand in the trap. Surely that violated some rules? Still, Luci couldn't help but step back, and he suddenly felt the wall scrape against his hands. When had he backed up so far from the deathtrap? Luci looked back towards the monstrosity when a large gong vibrated in the air. Mister Mallory... had stopped it? Luci had assumed that the man's powers were something about bending light since his face was always kind of blurry, but this was completely unrelated. Just what was he?

Just as Luci was wondering exactly what he knew about those people he trusted as authority figures and rule-makers, Mister Mallory fell backward, through a portal Mary must have made, and flat on his face. Luci stepped forward to help him stand, but Mister Mallory was already getting up by himself. He seemed dazed to Luci, but a simple step through a portal shouldn't do that, should it? Nor could it have been from the fall, not when it was basically an extended stumble. Luci realized that there must be much more to Mister Mallory than he knew. Luci clenched his fists and felt the light grow stronger, tighter, against his knuckles. He wanted to do something, but he had no knowledge that was needed and his powers weren't useful when portals acted up either.

Luci stepped forwards, towards the portal and closer to the deathtrap. He focussed on his clenched hands so he wouldn't rush in where he wasn't needed, and the light around his knuckles became even stronger and thicker. The light shield grew around the rest of his hands and Luci knew, in the same way that he knew he couldn't turn his light off, that punching the wall he just stood in front like this wouldn't hurt at all. He distantly wondered how much more damage he could do with his fists like this before focussing on the odd portal again. Was it the portal that was acting up, or Mister Mallory? Maybe Mary could create stable as well as unstable portals. Luci didn't know enough about physics to know when a portal was stable or unstable and not even enough to know what made a portal stable or not.

Mitch Castle

Mood: Cautious

Tags:  @Lazy Rocktime @Captain Hesperus

Before Minah could give a reply or for Mitch to properly reopen the discussion, a boy slammed the door open and stormed inside the classroom. Approaching her with such confidence, he looked at the two of them before settling his focus on her- No, to the marker in her hand. He snatched the marker then took a his time reading the words written by Mr. Denzil before he left the classroom. He proceeded to grin like idiot, his eyes sparkling and she could think inside her head is "This boy is bad news!".

"So, girls, wanna hear a story about yet another monumental fuck up enacted by a number of inept 'Supers' using excessive and unnecessary force for little actual gain. As told by an actual bystander?" The boy's offered, as Mitch raised her eyebrows. After such an entry, she doubted that his only goal is to nicely tell them of the happening in the Zoo. Especially when he's not a student of Political Powers (Maybe she's wrong, but he doesn't seem like a guy who could sit down and debate about sensitive topic without raising his voice, or punching a face and breaking a nose).

Mitch glanced at New Girl, still on her seat without any reaction. So she's on her own, right now. "Bystander? So i guess you are one of the students left for community service, or whatever it is, that day?" She politely replied.

Asher Torchinovich
The Ravemaster
Tags: @Suzuki Mine @St Starry

"Uh, sorry about being late Mr. T..."

Asher's focus snapped back to the real world at the voice.

"...I had to sneak through a crowd of reporters with this.....Irish lady."

Asher's eyes settled on the student who had entered the classroom, as their eyes taking in the surrounding space.

"So uh........am I the entire class or is everyone else just really late?....."

Ah, he thought to himself as he closed out of his game. This is-

"Ah, Mr. Keysor!" he exclaimed in is usual, jovial tones. "Welcome, glad you could make it! Yes, you do seem to be the first student here, so - good lord, is that the time? - yes, just make yourself comfortable, be ready to take notes however you so choose, please find your courtesy Mental Discipline course necessities kit under your chair, no need to worry about all the contents just yet-"

Siiiiiiiip.

"At any rate, while we're waiting for the rest of the students to arrive, if you have any questions for me I'd be more than happy to answer! And if not, I'm sure we can find some way to pass the time until the others arrive, eh?"

With a wink and another long pull from his thermos, Asher switched to a track appropriate to his lesson plan and sat down on the edge of the desk at the front of the room.

Danny Travis

Mood: Amused, and warming to the subject.

"Bystander? So i guess you are one of the students left for community service, or whatever it is, that day?", the girl who'd been 'running' the class responded.

Danny smiled, kicked back the chair behind the recently departed teacher's desk, sat on it and propped his feet up on the desk corner.

"That's right, ten points to Gryffindor. I was there and I can tell you firsthand that what happened there and across the rest of the city could have been averted by one simple act.", he replied, then dropped his feet to the floor and leaned forward, almost conspiratorially, "Not having freaks on the scene."

He sat back, splaying his hands out in a gesture of opening a discussion right there and then.

Come on, little fly, come climb into my web.

Users who are viewing this thread