• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Epic Saga of The Intrepid Adventurers (OOC)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
AH no. I just didn't want modern characters. When I only said was low tech medieval setting I had people asking to play time travelers in cyber suits. Another wanted to be a computer techno wizard. X_X

But when I started saying D&D setting then I got less of those requests.

Me and my flintlock gunslinger request staring away innocently

yes but that is reasonable. flintlocks have a chance of lowing up in you face and is single shot. it's not a high-powered pump-action laser shooting pistolwith sniper scopes
hahahahahahah yeah indeed ! But I guess some people will always try to fit their character in even if it's absurd x)
But it's nice to know I don't have to fit too much into D&D standards, as for a mage they sounded a bit restrictive sometimes :C

Well, it seems as if people are taking the DnD aspect a bit literally. I mean, the fact that we're just doing all of this pinpoint area stuff is very... well, not needed, in my opinion.

We can just be descriptive; there's no need to just squint and stare at the specifics of how spells work as if we're talking about squares on a DnD battlemap. Fairly certain it was only supposed to be the setting that was DnD inspired. I hope I'm not assuming too much, Yherma? ._.

I agree that description should be sufficient- we don't need to follow any kind of rules. I also agree that talking out balance of power in OOC and what is considered fair is better than having to constantly edit posts if someone's idea of a 40 ft fireball doesn't match the scale that's being used in the game. I'm also married to someone who calculates damage averages for different build options for every character he makes- and he makes characters just for fun even if they never get used in a game. So if someone has fun keeping track of their mana power for their own character, I say let them. But that doesn't mean everyone else has to pay attention to those details.

Most importantly: everyone should have fun, right? ^-^

I'm almost done with my post... and almost done making dinner...

Wow that was an ooc chat I had fun catching up to.

I agree that description should be sufficient- we don't need to follow any kind of rules. I also agree that talking out balance of power in OOC and what is considered fair is better than having to constantly edit posts if someone's idea of a 40 ft fireball doesn't match the scale that's being used in the game. I'm also married to someone who calculates damage averages for different build options for every character he makes- and he makes characters just for fun even if they never get used in a game. So if someone has fun keeping track of their mana power for their own character, I say let them. But that doesn't mean everyone else has to pay attention to those details.

Most importantly: everyone should have fun, right? ^-^

I'm almost done with my post... and almost done making dinner...
Thank you for allowing me to have my fun XD I wouldn't even think of demanding people follow me on this though, if anything I'm just putting this rule on myself so I know I'm not gonna push too much later on.

I'll probably post tomorrow, now a lot is going on in the action and I'd rather not try myself so late in the night !

Hmm if ciara didn't care about her dagger so much, i should of had her leave it in the werewolves back as a lightning rod

And the werewolf is like 2m tall and covered in thin ice, I'd say the lightning rod is Koran x)
Now with the mist all around, I hope people understood the principle of " getting away"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back