• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Epic Saga of The Intrepid Adventurers (OOC)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Would people be mad, if say, Nate took Darborn's order a bit too literally and zapped it straight away ?
I mean, not saying we should wait for Megir to get away first might be a mistake XD

Would people be mad, if say, Nate took Darborn's order a bit too literally and zapped it straight away ?
I mean, not saying we should wait for Megir to get away first might be a mistake XD
I don't mind but it's not up to me.

That should work. And don't worry about shooting off your spells with her in the mist. But she can't leave if she is going to try and keep the wolf attention.

I have a question. Song dragons have a mass healing ability. However I don't want it to seem too powerful. To off balance here are some things I was thinking.

1. Maybe she has to be in dragon form to use. It also takes up a a dragon breath slot.
2. Maybe she can't cast any spells after that? It used too much energy.

I don't think he should heal people full. Just make it so they aren't dying any more. What do you think?
I think its fine personally specially if she sings to do it. She is a bard afterall, that is how their songs work. Just because an enemy can hear a bard's battle anthem doesn't mean they get the same benefits as the bard's allies, A healing song would be the same. it could be something like Reviving Finale from pathfinders. not a super strong heal, but enough to stabilize, stop bleeding, and take care of more minor injuries.
Or if you think that is still too much it could just be like a mass Spare the Dying

Last edited:
There has been a lot of questions over spells and AOE attacks.
Let me know if this sounds fair.... I don't like telling people what they can or can't do. so I'm going to give stats for the AVERAGE person and you can decide on your on were to go from there.

On average a person and throw a ball 40 feet. walk or run about 20 feet in 5 seconds . the average AoE (Area of effect spells) are about 30 feet (about 9 metros) square (or circle)

what else is everyone having problems with? is that ok with everyone??

Ive been thinking about this and since we are using dnd as a loose model for mechanics and balance, I think I will have Koran have the chance to resist or dodge an ongoing spell every turn. (In dnd this is usually a mechanic of concentration spells, not a special ability of the target).

this way a cool spell intended to have a long duration isn’t 100% hit or 100% miss, but just because it works doesn’t mean Koran can’t move for a whole minute- cuz that’s a long time in combat.

seem reasonable?
I don't think you get frozen to the point you cant move unless you stay in the field long enough for the ice to build up to that degree. I would think it would slow your movement and actions a bit more each round unless a conscious effort is made to remove the ice. But ya you should have a chance to resist or dodge, though since its a persistent Aoe, you would need to "resist" each of your rounds and i assume it would get harder each time unless you have innate resistance to magic and/or cold

There has been a lot of questions over spells and AOE attacks.
Let me know if this sounds fair.... I don't like telling people what they can or can't do. so I'm going to give stats for the AVERAGE person and you can decide on your on were to go from there.

On average a person and throw a ball 40 feet. walk or run about 20 feet in 5 seconds . the average AoE (Area of effect spells) are about 30 feet (about 9 metros) square (or circle)

what else is everyone having problems with? is that ok with everyone??

Well, it seems as if people are taking the DnD aspect a bit literally. I mean, the fact that we're just doing all of this pinpoint area stuff is very... well, not needed, in my opinion.

We can just be descriptive; there's no need to just squint and stare at the specifics of how spells work as if we're talking about squares on a DnD battlemap. Fairly certain it was only supposed to be the setting that was DnD inspired. I hope I'm not assuming too much, Yherma? ._.

Ya it's not that bad for a rp with so many people !
Also Megir might regret the decision of staying in the mist haha, I have no idea what this salt will do once it's zapped but I'm guessing it'll be more on the badaboom side than bath salts side.
For the rest I was fine I guess ? Anyway it's always just a matter of scale, if I take Skyrim, D&D or some anime as a ref the scales will be quite different, it didn't shock me at all to have an almost 200ft wide aoe in the street but it seemed to shock some tabletop rp players so yeah... shrug.

I don't think you get frozen to the point you cant move unless you stay in the field long enough for the ice to build up to that degree. I would think it would slow your movement and actions a bit more each round unless a conscious effort is made to remove the ice. But ya you should have a chance to resist or dodge, though since its a persistent Aoe, you would need to "resist" each of your rounds and i assume it would get harder each time unless you have innate resistance to magic and/or cold
And yup but I think we kind of settled that part already :P

Well, it seems as if people are taking the DnD aspect a bit literally. I mean, the fact that we're just doing all of this pinpoint area stuff is very... well, not needed, in my opinion.

We can just be descriptive; there's no need to just squint and stare at the specifics of how spells work as if we're talking about squares on a DnD battlemap. Fairly certain it was only supposed to be the setting that was DnD inspired. I hope I'm not assuming too much, Yherma? ._.
I dont think the specifics will be nearly as important when we aren't doing player vs player scenarios. But since we are currently, the more we hold ourselves to restrictions, like a loose set of DnD rules, the less anyone is like to say that someone is doing something unfair.

AH no. I just didn't want modern characters. When I only said was low tech medieval setting I had people asking to play time travelers in cyber suits. Another wanted to be a computer techno wizard. X_X

But when I started saying D&D setting then I got less of those requests.

lol i came home from a pretty crazy day at work, so catching up on 3-4 pages of OOC, sorry if my comments overlap with anything :3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back