End of Summer Concert

Cynthia Eunice Greyloch

DWMA Building

Choosing to stay at the DWMA during the concert had been an intentional choice. Cynthia had no need to mix with the common rabble that attended such events, and she was certain the music would be sorely distasteful.
"How I long for the pleasantries of home again, England has so much more culture and class than this... this wretched desert." She sniffed at this last mental word, of course the school would have to be situated in a wasteland. If it weren't her only means of becoming a high-ranking Weapon, she would surely have never kept returning for five long years. Still, she had to admit that there were times it had a certain beauty to it, but only when it wasn't hellishly hot. Such as now, with the round, smiling moon shining out over the landscape, painting the sandy dunes a pale blue.

The sounds of music drifted out from the city below, Cynthia sitting in her window and counting the stars. The band didn't sound terrible, echoing across the quiet city streets to the DWMA building, but it certainly wasn't the genre of music she preferred. She would much rather a classical orchestra or at least a string quartet, something with soul and melody and harmony, not the grating electric guitars and repetitive crooning of half-baked love songs. But the music stopped abruptly, apparently mid-song, and Cynthia looked out on the town below to see what had happened to the concert that had been going full-swing only moments ago. Of course, it was too far to actually see anything, but she stared anyway, out into the moonlit darkness, looking for some glimpse of the cause of such sudden silence. And then it wasn't silence anymore, screams filled the air, as loud as the music had been, and Cynthia knew something was terribly amiss.
"What could have happened? An accident perhaps? Or maybe a Witch attack...?" The thought had no sooner entered her mind before she acted upon it, dressing quickly out of her nightgown and into her hunting clothes, as she called them, a red long-tailed coat, one sleeve reaching to her right wrist, the other short, the arm covered in a long black glove that reached to her shoulder. The glove was easier to work with, her left hand being dominant, it was the one more commonly manifested as her weapon if she needed it, and it was easier to replace a shredded glove than an arm of the coat. Her legs were covered in black stockings from her thighs to toes, ending in slender white shoes with rounded tips and wide heels for stability. Not exactly a designer outfit, but it was a suitable combination of practical and fashionable in Cynthia's mind.

She threw her snowy braid over her shoulder, wrapping it around her neck in the same manner as a scarf, it kept it out of the way when she needed to move quickly. And so she did, taking the stairs down into the DWMA lobby three at a time before bursting out through the front doors. She nearly bowled into Jessyka, a Two-Star Meister a year younger than herself whose most eye-catching feature was her bright pink hair. Cynthia had worked with Jessyka before, they had partnered for a minor mission in the past, when they were both fairly new. Cynthia had never been able to connect to her, she found Jessyka to be far too excitable and agitated, their souls had never found a common ground to bond on, and so they rarely ever came in contact. Perhaps the most difficult occurrence for the Weapon to cope with was Jessyka's habit of screaming out if anyone touched her. Cynthia regarded her as flighty, a trait which they could not work around, and so they parted ways. Jessyka had found a new partner in the meantime and even become a 2-Star since that time, so she was apparently doing well for herself.

Cynthia shook her head, clearing the clinging thoughts from her mind. Now was not the time to be reminiscing about past missions or pining for a partner of her own, there was tumult at the city square, and Jessyka probably knew something about it.
"Jessyka! What in saints' names is going on down there! I heard screams, what is the uproar?" Close behind Jessyka came Yury, a much newer student, presumably following the pink-haired girl to assist in whatever she was so frantically running to do. If it wasn't one thing, it was another around here, surely there was some disturbance going on at all times, it seemed to be a requirement for daily living.

Mentions:

Last edited by a moderator:
Jack Trinity

Landing on his bottom, after an older DWMA student shoved him to safety, Jack stared at the new arrival for a few moments before getting back to his feet and dusting himself off. He didn’t recognize him. However, given that it was only the second week since he’d started DWMA, that was no surprise. Judging by the ease in which the red-haired guy grabbed Xander’s bowstaff, Jack assumed he was an EAT student.

“We’re fighting,”
Jack answered simply, flicking his wrist and tossing Kalin up so the weapon spun a short distance in the air before dexterously catching the handle in the palm of his hand. Jack repeated this several times, treating the short sword like a long knife, partly to loosen his fingers, and partly because knives where weapons Jack was most familiar with. His opponent’s soul was nearly as large as his Uncle’s. However, unlikely his Uncle, Xander didn’t look like he was willing to hold back. In order to survive the battle, he had to be at the top of his game. “Xander here is the one responsible for the ghosts attacking the concert. And whatever madness that’s possessed him is spreading to his weapon.”

Tipping his bowler hat, Jack introduced himself and his partner. “I’m First Year, Jack Trinity. And this is my partner Kalin Mickleson—also a first year.”

Jack closed the distance between himself and Xander, so that the blackened bowstaff, still held in the chain whip user’s grip, was in front of him. “We'd appreciate the help. If you could hold the weapon still for a little longer...”

Jack touched the edge of Kalin’s blade to the blackened bowstaff. “First contact has been made. Up to you now, Kalin. Use your wavelength and don’t hold back.” Jack paused. “But don’t do anything crazy and get yourself killed either. I’d rather let him run off with her before I let you die.”

Or get tainted by the madness.

Kalin’s anger was righteous. Just. However anger pushed too far could lead to madness as well. Jack had no idea what the black toxin was and he wasn’t comfortable about exposing his partner to the hazard. Especially when Kalin was clearly not his usual self.

@DaughterofAthena

@Stormborn Targaryen

@Deadeyelee

Ella Trinity

“No, if my dad didn’t have a body, he’d be a regular soul.” Ella replied as she was weaved and slashed through transparent specters. “Ghosts are modified souls, made to be pests that linger the earth. Probably through some form of black magic. Though, I think souls that remain too long in the world—not collected by Lord Death—or develop a deep attachment to it can became ghosts too...ahhh! I don’t know! I feel asleep during Professor Miyoko’s lesson about bodiless spirits.”

Ella’s reflection flipped her hair. “Well, whatever they are, I completely agree with you. These ghosties are nuisances that don’t know when to quit! Don’t be afraid to toss me for greater range. When I’m spinning in the air, I can maneuver myself somewhat, so I’ll be able to return to your hand no problem~ Though my maneuverability is greatest when I’m resonating.”

Ella’s soul space was a circular, pink, room filled with dolls on every self. At the center of the room was a large merry-go-round. Jumping on one of the carousel’s animals, a rainbow-colored unicorn, Ella’s eyes twinkled.

“Let’s do it, Aiko! Ride the carousel with me. Let’s resonate our souls and knock these ghosties out for good!”

Ella had never resonated with Aiko before, but she was certain she could do it...especially since Aiko was a two-star meister. Not that that mattered too much. Ella could resonate with anyone given a little practice.

@Hanarei

Jason Daniels

His kick meeting nothing but air wasn't unexpected, but it wasn't appreciated either to say the least. He had assumed that if the stranger was going to dodge, he would have done so because he noticed him coming, and then he would have put up a fight for him. But no, he immediately gets sidetracked by a girl that seemed to be choking someone out for whatever reason. Landing lightly on the tips of his toes he bounced on them twice and then took off once again, listening to Keziah's instructions with a simple thumbs up to convey that he got the message loud and clear.

As he approached he noticed, quite clearly, how Keziah seemed to be purposely telegraphing her attack, he assumed to warn of the two in the way of the stranger. Though, he was sure that this would in turn alert the stranger if he was coherent enough to notice a flash of blue in the side of his vision. Taking that into play, he made sure to keep what he was doing with his wavelength as hidden as possible as to not alert his target of another incoming attack. He absently mused on how much he should give into this attack. Oh, he understood that Keziah said all, but did she really mean all? That was in overkill territory, if he did say so himself. Granted, overkill is always fun, and this fellow seemed to be the kind of two-bit goon to actually withstand what he considered overkill, or at least endure it for long enough to let out a scream. Mentally shrugging he decided to just let it loose and live with whatever happened beyond that, and not a second too soon as well. In his absent-minded musing, he had found himself merely steps away from his target, noting that the collateral damage, that being the other students he supposed, had moved themselves out of the way. With a barely restrained grin of pure glee, or madness- he really couldn't tell at times, Jason let the power he was building up within himself to the surface and threw himself into his next step, lunging forward fist cocked back and aimed once again at Axel's head.

@DaughterofAthena

Collaborations with

@Deadeyelee

Jayce Hamerkin and Felix

Felix frowned as Jayce returned to his hand without a moment of hesitation, and his concerned deepened more so as he realized it’s root. Drat. This was not the kind of thing he excelled at. He made a call. It was the logical decision, if not the kindest. He gave Akahana a kick to the head, to buy time if she decided that she wanted to continue to be a nuisance, before retreating a bit, so he could think, and work on smaller foes.

“Hey, Jayce? It’s alright. This situation is under control. We’re just gonna keep stunning some ghosts, alright? Easy Peasy.” Easy, repetitive tasks, that leave one with a sense of accomplishment tend to reduce panic, and give one a sense of control. It seemed Felix had learned one thing from burying himself in self-help books in order to better understand others. Plus, they’d still be contributing, and would still be close by if the mace wielder needed any help. “I can keep this up all day. I’m the under 16 martial arts champion of France. This is child’s play.” He grinned as he cleaved Jayce through an encroaching poltergeist. “I’m not going to let anything hurt you again, so long as you stick with me. The Pride of my homeland demands it!”

Jayce, meanwhile, was still lost. He heard the words that Felix was saying to him. He understood them and he knew what they meant within his mind. However, Jayce could not bring himself to say anything in response. Jayce could not put together the thoughts needed to speak words, or form thoughts or even make the subtlest nod of acknowledgement. For all that time cared, he was frozen.

Felix bit his lip, shoving aside his slight frustration. “That’s alright.” He spoke mostly to himself. He’d keep things nice and calm. He began to softly whistle as he cut a path through the poltergeists, in adherence to the rhythm. He kept smiling to himself, as he stunned foe after foe in an elegant dance, set to the tune of ‘Do you hear the people sing?’ from a certain, French centered musical. He would get this boy back on his feet, for sure. All things must pass.

Slowly, as he was swung from side to side, Jayce was slowly brought back into the real world and out of the memories that consumed his mind. Suddenly, Jayce could hear music within the confines of his mind. Unknowing to him, the music was spreading out of Felix’s mind and into Jayce’s own soul. ‘Do you hear the people sing? Singing the songs of angry men? It is the music of the people who will not be slaves again!’ It went on and on.

Within his own soul space, Jayce subconsciously started swaying back and forth to the melody that Felix’s soul was giving off. His soul started to move with it - to sing with it, if such a thing was possible. The waves of his soul pulsated within him. Jayce did not exactly respond, not with thoughts and not with words, to anything that Felix had said even then. However, his concentration returned. His concentration had returned, his mind was within the fight now, and Jayce’s soul seemed to pulsate into each and every swing that Felix made of him.

Felix’s own soul wavelength became a tad ‘warmer’, as difficult as that is to describe. A real grin appeared upon his face, not the one reserved for diplomatic tea parties, or politely laughing at an older gentleman’s joke. No, the things that he felt were raw. Entirely out of character. Much like bursting out into song a quarter way through the lyrics. “When the beating of your heart, Echoes the beating of the drums..” He calmly backfisted a ghost. “There is a life about to start, When tomorrow comes!” He took a slight bow as he ran Jayce through a spook that attempted to take them from behind, before continuing his little show and dance without missing a beat, maestro and instrument in tune in a weaponized musical.

@Lilllysaurus Rex

Alexander “Xander” Traynor, Alexis “Lexie” Traynor and Kalin Mickelson

Xander’s eyes widened as he took note of exactly who was interrupting his attack in the split seconds before Malakai grabbed onto the bowstaff in his hands. Narrowing his gaze once more at the three-star meister, Xander tested Malakai’s grip on Lexie by giving the bowstaff a subtle tug. It didn’t break from the meister’s grasp and the smile on Xander’s face truly blossomed in that moment. “Now we’re going to have some fun…”

Xander seemed to have completely forgotten that Jack and Kalin were still there in that moment. His attention was only focused on the two newcomers. It was for that reason that he didn’t notice at all when the shimmering steel of Kalin’s blade touched against his toxifying weapon partner.

Kalin was new to plasmology, newer still to the concept of extending his soul to another. But thanks to Jack’s incredible perception, he had a good idea of what he was trying to reach. And that, paired with his resolute determination to liberate Lexie from this vile slavery, proved to be just enough. His wavelength, at first timid, and wandering, became strong and warm, like a summer’s day. He reached out to the other weapon’s soul. ‘Are you there?! I’m going to get you out I swear it!’ The voice of his soul was haggard and desperate. There was not a single thing that Kalin could contemplate being more important than this. ‘Lexie?!’

Lexie heard it. Sinking into boiling tar, she heard it. Gaze drifting everywhere, darkness was slowly consuming all that her soul space was as energy and willpower to resist slowly faded. She had thought that her cry for help would be the last thing she got out because the tar seemed to be rejecting every other connection she tried to make. Still, Lexie was aware that there were people fighting around her - that people challenged her brother - but that didn’t mean she could do anything about it.

That was why this voice surprised her. It was barely familiar to her. She could not instantly put a face to it. That shouldn’t have been important right then, but it dwelled within her mind. ‘Where are you!? I can’t see you!’ Lexie called out, her voice returning the call that seemed to come from the darkness.

Kalin’s eyes widened at all the darkness before him, but he would not be cowed. He quickly spotted the rapidly submerging soul, descending so that he was right before her. He also noticed that the form his soul had taken was different than the one he shared with Jack. Where once Kalin appeared as he did in reality, weak, and afraid, here stood everything he longed to become. The stature of a knight, finely made clothing, a face that showed a bit more maturity. He wouldn’t blame her if she didn’t recognize him. He didn’t recognize him.

But that didn’t matter. ‘Can you see me?! Can you take my hand? I’m going to try and pull you out!’ He holds aloft his hand. He would get her out. He had to. He simply couldn’t contemplate failing. His eyes flew about, scanning for threats. He couldn’t allow anything to get in his way.

‘I can see you,’ Lexie’s reply was swift. Now that he was right in front of her, seeing wasn’t hard at all. Reaching out, her hand clasped his as the tar seemed to recede around his feet as he stood nearly upon it.

However, before she could be pulled to her freedom, before Lexie’s soul could be released from the pool of black pulling her into the ground, a voice boomed throughout. “NO!” It was Xander’s voice and it consumed the entirety of the soul space, resounding through the tar upon the ground as a force seemed to tug her back, pulling her into the tar while she maintained her hold on Kalin’s hand.

Outside of the soul space, Xander yanked hard, pulling Lexie out of Malakai’s grip and thereby also yanking her away from the touch of Kalin’s weapon form.

Kalin feels himself being torn from the soul-space and roars in frustration. ‘Don’t you dare give up, I’m coming right back, you hear that you-’ “BASTARD!” He finishes his roar aloud. “I WAS ALMOST THERE! ARE YOU AFRAID?! YOU SHOULD BE! SIC SEMPER TYRANNUS! YOUR TIME HAS COME. I’M GOING TO GET HER OUT, AND WATCH AS YOUR KINGDOM BURNS!” Jack would find for a brief moment, Kalin was harder to hold. His feelings of rage and frustration at this injustice were fanned by being so close to succeeding before being torn away. ‘I need MORE time, Jack. I had her by the hand. P-Please...’ His tone is much more level with him. Despite his intense feelings, he’s still frightened of scaring away his partner. He started to cool a little. ‘P-Please…’

@QuirkyAngel @Stormborn Targaryen

Akahana Shima

The Hooded Terror

Akahana lied on the ground, gently laughing to herself as the boy was pulled off of her. That was so fun! She could have been hit! Pfft, as if. She never got hit.

Well.. Save for the kick in the head.

"Ouch!" She yelled as the boy had kicked her in the head. That hurt... But they bored her now. She wasn't angry anymore, just bored. The chaos bored her, too. She wanted to do something less boring. Maybe lying on the ground and getting tripped on would be funny? Nah... Thats stupid... She got to her feet, seeing a ghost whiz by her, not like it was able to harm her. What to do... What to do...

Her eyes scanned the battleground, to either meisters fending off ghosts or doing whatever else. Until one grouping in particular caught her eye. Some creepy looking woman was with two students... What were they talking about? Well wait, her memory traced back to things she heard in the background... Didn't someone say there was a witch here? Her face was suddenly overtaken by a wide grin. Maybe that weird woman was a witch! No one would leave their house looking so spooky!

She creeped up on the woman silently, attempting to get the jump on her. Maybe catching a witch could be fun! But why were those two just talking to her? They should be gutting her! She then tried to wrap her arms around the woman's neck to pull her backwards. If she were to, she would then whisper rather eerily into her ear: "Hello there. Are you a witch?"

@DaughterofAthena

@SephirothSage

@Sunbather

Jessyka Volontari

Jessyka jumped as she brought her body to a screeching halt in order to prevent herself from running into Cynthia Greylach, a fellow academy student who Jessyka was a bit surprised to see walking out of school. She had other things to worry about besides why a student would be there so late on a Friday night, though. The city was in chaos, she had a job to get done and if she didn’t get it done, she couldn’t even imagine how much worse things could get. In fact, she was under the impression that if she didn’t come back with this Edolas Box, there was nothing that could be done to stop the mindless destruction.

Having been about to turn and run completely around the girl who had gotten in her way, Jessyka’s eyes never lost their focus although her gaze did turn back to Cynthia at the question.
“What is the uproar?” she repeated the question as she caught her breath. “The concert… it… got, uhm, interrupted.” Yeah. That made sense and was technically accurate.

“I didn’t exactly stick around to see all of it, but a cloud of ghosts appeared and they don’t seem intent on leaving without destroying everything. There’s… well, apparently there’s a box that can contain them. Nicolas spoke of it.” Briefly, Jessyka searched her memory, trying to recall if Cynthia was one of the students who had worked in Nicolas’s cafe at all and she really couldn’t remember. She hoped she didn’t have to explain who Nicolas was. She was already using up too much time.

Glancing behind her, it seemed that the student who had been coming with her had fallen behind just a bit and Jessyka raised an eyebrow to them although she said nothing.
“I have to get it - the box. They could probably use your help in the square. I didn’t see what else was going on but I don’t think the ghosts would just appear unless something else was also going to go wrong. These ghosts only seem like part of a plan.”

Saying nothing further, Jessyka turned and continued running down the halls, seeking out the dungeons and this mysterious box that could contain the ghosts.

@Stickdom @Mine

Keziah Swan, Warren Langston and Axel Traynor

Two attacks came in fast and despite them, Axel’s attention remained on Akahana as he stalked closer to her when she jumped out of the way. Completely oblivious as his bloodlust consumed him, Axel was sandwiched between two attacks of soul force. Electric sparks jolted through his body, sending his body into spasming seizure while Jason’s blow simmered straight through his brain, turning whatever did exist to a gobbly goo.

“Warren! Now!”

Wavelengths melded - not quite in resonance, but a surge of power between weapon and meister was clear as the orb of Warren’s morningstar form seemed to expand as it swung within its meister’s hands. Swinging it beneath Axel’s feet, Keziah swung the morningstar upward, tearing through Axel’s very existence in smooth motion driving the head of the weapon up sagittally until it very nearly met with Jason’s hand.

Body disintegrating, nothing within Axel remained and instead there laid before them a glowing red soul. Hovering in the air, Keziah smirked softly. Nodding to Jason, she muttered,
“Thanks.” It was such a rare thing for her to say, but without the duel attack, such a victory would not have been possible.

‘What about me!?’ Warren interjected into Keziah’s mind with mock sadness. ‘I was the one who delivered the final blow, after all.’

Keziah rolled her eyes and swung Warren in a downward motion, smacking the weapon into the ground.
‘How about you just shut up, Warren?’ she sneered into his mind. Silence greeted her and she smirked again. ‘That’s what I thought.’

@Exanis

Luxe Rosenfield

Luxe blushed slightly as the girl, Naia, returned his smile. He looked to the side, and rubbed the back of his head as he started to laugh slightly.

"Naia, huh? I like it, it's a very beautiful-"

DaughterofAthena said:
. “Hey! You! I could actually use some help over here!”
Cecilia said:
"I believe your friend Keziah would like some help. Shall we?"
Luxe turned back to Naia after glancing back towards his classmate currently in the fight. He nodded and reached for Naia's hand, and as he turned to charge back into the fight, he felt the girl begin to change, as his soul started to feel stronger than before.

'So this is what being a hero feels like...'

As the battle started to move, Luxe followed, before noticing Alex again. Now the Meister was actively attacking other students. He changed course mid run and headed towards the crazy kid, his temporary partner in hand. As Luxe picked up speed, he noticed the form Naia had taken. In their new shared space, Luxe spoke.

'I'm loving the new look you've got going on! Uh, I mean...for a simple weapon, you seem pretty strong. I...okay, how about I stop trying to hand out compliments and we work out a strategy? The others can handle the...well, other guy.We're just fighting another student, now. He's still dangerous though.'

@QuirkyAngel

@Stormborn Targaryen

⚪ | Asa, Tiffany and Kassana (A collab with DaughterofAthena)

While Asa stared at Kassana, her own large eyes flooding with insecurity, she was relieved of the duty to answer the conflicted student. A weight, barely heavy enough to drag the witch down, suddenly clung to her back, the side of her neck feeling the fingers of a stranger press through the fabric of her odd attire.

“Eeeeee!” she squealed out as she fell backwards, surprised by the sudden approach. She barely registered the stranger’s whisper before she dissolved once more. This time, however, her fog didn’t linger, instead dissolving and reappearing with a burst, like someone startled by an insect landing on their leg.

“Don’t do this… Why would you…”

She shook herself, clearly uncomfortable.

“You are all really rude…”, she stated sadly, “Stop it. I don’t like it…”

As if to search for help, she stared back to Kassanna, who seemed just about the only one not intending to attack her.

“Wha… wait… why are you looking at me?” Kassana cried out, completely and utterly confused as she met the witch’s gaze. Hearing Miyoko’s words, she knew that both she and the meister were trying to figure out where to even begin with this witch they’d encountered and for once, Kassana’s books were no help. None of them told her what to do if she met a witch who wasn’t hostile.

However, her gaze quickly also turned to Akahana, the girl who’d charged in and Kassana couldn’t help but be concerned.
“Be careful!” Kassana yelled out, wondering if the girl hadn’t heard her earlier warning.

The two waiting alongside the stage, their gazes turning towards the chaos that enveloped the square for a moment or two before Lorelei turned her gaze back to Tiffany.
“You know, perhaps the cat did get the canary first, but so much more is coming and all stories will change. You’ll see.” Tilting her head to the side with the oddest of smiles, Lorelei’s body slowly began to change until all that remained was a bird upon the ground, wings spreading as it took to the sky in flight.

“We’ll see about that,” Tiffany growled, bearing her teeth as her gaze followed the bird for as long as it could. The voice of her companion snapped her back and Tiffany’s eyes turned to see that not too far away, Asa seemed to have found herself within an interesting situation with several students. Purring softly, Tiffany whispered to herself, “Soul Protect: Release.”

The entire square was consumed. The massiveness of the soul now identifiably present within the square took hold as violet aura glowing with magic seemed to be impossible to ignore. Centered around the ginger haired girl who some might have noticed before, she seemed to have her sole focus centered around the students amassed around the bat witch.

Hand slashed forward with a cat-like meow as claws of light emerged from her palm, slashing forward and tearing the fabric of reality between Asa and the three students - Miyoko, Kassana and Akahana.
“Having trouble?” Tiffany’s words were said towards her companion in the few seconds they had before reality reformed.

Asa, still anxiously holding herself in a tight wrap, perked upwards to look at Tiffany with apologetic eyes. “It’s… fine… I think…” she answered, reluctant, as if not wanting to come across as defiant. “They’re just aggressive…”

Feeling the effects of Tiffany’s spell subside, Asa felt uncomfortable discussing the matter any further, instead breaking eye contact to look around and scan the students that surrounded her. “I think you should help the other people and leave us alone…” she mumbled. One of her long, skeletal arms loosened up from her clinch and shoved back a strand of hair that had fallen into her face. “It’s rude to attack guests…” With a subservient motion, she eyed Tiffany, hoping for support. “Right?”

Tiffany shrugged with a subtle, ‘hmm’. Her gaze drifted to those who Asa had glanced towards, curiosity flooding her eyes as they turned.
“I suppose. Although I do think we’ve overstayed our welcome. They have other guests to deal with right now.” Attention back on her companion now, Tiffany added, “We can always come play with them later.”

Without another word and paying the students absolutely no attention at all, Tiffany grabbed Asa’s wrist and pulled her along. She seemed to think she could just casually walk out of the square.

@DaughterofAthena @SephirothSage @Lilllysaurus Rex

Miyoko Oromo

Ourabourous

This is not a good time, Miyoko calmly decides. She notes how distressed the Witch seems- and makes a few judgements as she quietly observes this- and notes something else seeming to occur in the distance. Her expression remains flat and stagnant- her soul squirming angrily at how restrained she's acting, how against her basic nature she keeps forcing herself to act.

She wants nothing more than to fight. To hunt. To engage in all the fights going on here- at once. Her soul cries out for it, all the varied voices her psyche speaks out want it- but she knows better than to listen, for now. This Witch girl...

"Hey... Kid. You oka-..." And then she's cut off- just as she was about to get herself together to speak, someone latches onto the poor girls back; bringing a sad frown to Miyoko's face as she starts to visibly twitch- her left hand seeming to drum a rythm into her thigh. "Oy, Hoody! Back off- we're tryin to resolve this without a g'damn needless-- Whatever. Hey... Listen." She turns, as the Witch accuses them all of rudeness.. and thinks for a moment. She's seen people like this, back on the streets.

Almost all of them where some kind of abuse victim, now that she thinks back to it. The thought brings a sad frown to her face- an expression that freezes on her face, as she feels it- as not too far away, a truly powerful witch releases her 'Soul Protect'. Miyoko doesn't know that's what it is, though...

She just knows that an overwhelming, almost intoxicating feeling just washed over the region- that a soul of incredible strength just erupted into life at the edge of her senses. She turns- and just as she's looking, reality is breaking. The former street-tough and would-be-killer winces- as she feels that feeling and knows full well she's deeply in over her head...

And then the figure emerges. She listens quietly... then sighs.

".... Right, then. Dunnow either of your names- but my apologies for bein' rude. Seein' as you haven't done anything wrong here, right now, I see no reason to force a fight I'd probably just get hurt in against people I have no proof are evil or anythin', so.... have a good evening, you two, yeah? Please don't cause any trouble though, yeah? This close to the academy, someone like you flarin' their soul out like that... no way in hell no one important felt it."
She says in a firm tone- before letting out another weary sigh. That feeling may have dimmed once she got more 'used' to it- but it's still a strange mix of uncomfortable and alluring to be so near to such a monstrously powerful soul, to Miyoko.

She shudders- as she turns towards the battle that's erupted a short distance away- where she earlier heard cries for help from. She looks towards Kassana for a moment.

"So. I'm gonna run over there, and try to help people. Wanna come, or am I goin' weaponless? I'm fine either way- and as I said earlier, I know yah don't like me, so if you wanna just help Civvies, I totally understand. Anyway- time to move. Come along or don't, either way works; do what seems right to you, yeah?" The Wanna-be-hero suggests with a lazy smile- before she turns and starts to head towards the clamor of a /real/ battle- a lazy smile growing on her face. Her eyes seem to shine a little brighter- as she seems to pick up speed the longer she's moving- initially going at a jog to give Kassana a moment to decide, but..

Whether anyone comes with her or not, it's not long before she breaks into a dead sprint, hungry for a real fight- hungry to test herself, to feel pain and inflict it. She hates that about herself- she really does. She hates her urges, her desires- but that won't stop her from wanting to feed them. It just aims them at the 'bad guys', and makes her keep a tight moral leash on herself.

@Sunbather @DaughterofAthena @Lilllysaurus Rex

Yury Derzhavin

"...Don't mention it." Yury adjusted his glasses, avoiding her gaze. He was not particularly expecting her to thank him for that. Or rather he was not used to be thanked for going out his way to help others. NOT students did not have the privilege to partake in high risk situations such as this one, naturally. He wasted no time catching up to her, matching her pace by the time the building stood closer and closer to them. He gave no response to her warning, finding no reason to do so. She had a point, he would see it to it, that's all there was to it. Blasting off one more spirit going its way to approach them, Yury had noticed the mild annoyance present as she addressed him but ultimately chose to disregard it as the influence of stress taking a toll on her. She did not know him in the least, no doubt so it wouldn’t be a matter of personal resentment. He nodded once she cleared the reason as to why she was heading towards the school, while also adding an explanation as to his incapability of actually banishing the creatures with his bullets. Spirits were spirits, after all, it made sense. “Thank you.” He paused, taking another shot before ending his turn to speak up. “I don’t expect you to do so.” Whatever happened to him, what mattered was the outcome of this mission of sorts. Yury respected his senior for proceeding as such. For a while, he was able to keep up the pace, if a bit slowed down by the occasional poltergeist raining down on them from behind. Slowed down for but a brief moment, he was quickly capable of catching up to the pink-haired Meister thanks to the intervention of another senior, he believed. He captured the sight Jessyka raising her eyebrow. She did not need to use words for him to understand. He shrugged his shoulders, eyes gazing at her behind his colored spectacles, cautiously choosing his words “I told you I didn’t expect you to wait for me.” No anger, no resentment, it was a simple statement, calm amidst this chaos. Is she going to take over for me? The thought crossed his mind the moment he locked eyes with Cynthia for but a moment. Given the exchange, they seemed to be familiar with one another. She was no doubt a EAT student. Experienced. Capable. But the idea did not seem to be shared by Jessyka. With nothing further to add, Yury continued to follow her to the academy, turning his back at Cynthia. She didn’t bother to acknowledge his presence, so why would he? Besides, they—Jessyka had a job to do. Pleasantries should be reserved after this whole problem was dealt with.
@DaughterofAthena @Stickdom

Jack Trinity

Jack gracefully stepped back as Xander yanked his weapon from Malakai’s grip, his short sword raised in a defensive position in case Xander decided to strike. At same time, Kalin’s rage could be heard and Jack grimaced, the link they’d established monetarily faltering. Latin? From the way Kalin spoke, it sounded like he wanted to murder Xander. Jack tightened his grip on his partner despite the burns on his hand.

‘Calm down Kalin. It’s alright.’ Jack could feel Kalin’s need to save the girl. The boy was desperate. Just why was Kalin willing to go such lengths for someone he didn’t even really know? Because she was a fellow student? Justice? There were still many things Jack didn’t know about Kalin. Things he wouldn’t know…not until the locked door was open. And Jack refused to open it until Kalin was ready. ‘That’s only the first contact. We’ll have many more chances.’

But in order to get those chances, he needed to keep Xander from getting away. Violet eyes flickered to Malakai, wondering whether the 3-star meister would be able to help in restraining Xander. His soul was certainly impressive. But, then again, so was Xander’s. Jack’s focus returned to his opponent.

“Kalin’s right you know,” Jack said to Xander, his lips quirking up into a cocky grin. “What are you afraid of? That your partner won’t want to work with you once the taint’s cleared?”

Feet moving in front of the other, Jack circled Xander, observing the smooth movements of the russet haired meister cautiously. He would keep talking, if nothing else to keep Xander distracted. Needling a raging beast wasn’t necessarily the best maneuver for survivability, but if he wanted to win, he needed Xander to be off his game. Angry people didn’t tend to be very level headed, and were more liable to make mistakes.

“I may be a first year, but even I know better than to force a lady against her will. It’s not her that needs to learn some respect. It’s you. You should respect a lady, a weapon, when she tells you no.”

Each of Jack’s sentences was followed by a thrust of the shimmering short sword. Lunge. Back. Forward. Back. Jack continued with repetitive motions, cycling between them while doing his best to keep himself from being struck by the bowstaff. Despite, what he’d told Kalin, re-engaging wasn’t easy. Not at all. As if fighting an abnormally powerful EAT student during his first/second week of school wasn’t a challenge enough, the ghosts floating randomly around didn’t help any. Jack sighed, forced to once again jump back as a stray wisp sailed between them.

At the very least, Kalin’s words confirmed Jack’s theory. Kalin said he’d been close…which meant their plan definitely had a chance of working. That, and the presence of the 3-star meister increased their odds of victory substantially and boosted Jack’s confidence. Jack wondered why the first contact did not succeed. If he knew that, he could better plan for their second one. Was Kalin’s wavelength not strong enough? Did he just need more time? Was there something else Jack could do to help Kalin? Perhaps if he could amplify their wavelengths like he’d seen Keziah do at the demonstration. Speaking of which…

Jack smirked. “Looks like your friend, the creepy-looking gentleman, bit the dust.”

The dice lover stood casually, spinning the short sword in his hand in a carefree manner. However, his eyes were locked on Xander’s and anyone who knew Jack would now that he was taking the fight very seriously. He had to. Otherwise, he and Kalin could end up dead…even with a 3-star meister near.

“What will you do now that you’re by yourself?” Jack asked curiously. “The teachers and other students will be here soon enough.”

As if on cue, a red-haired meister wielding Naia arrived to assist. Jack recognized the exotic soul and weapon form of his fellow NOT-mate.

Has she chosen a partner?

Jack motioned for them to surround the wayward meister, blocking his escape if possible. “You won’t be able to escape the repercussions of your actions, but if you surrender, release the weapon, and explain what you meant when you said I don’t know half of what I’m up against , I’m sure the school would offer some leniency. I heard Lord Death was a pretty amiable fellow, though I’ve never actually met him personally. You probably know him better than I.”

Jack didn’t actually know if that were true, but he hoped Xander would agree to his suggestion notheless. It would make saving the weapon that much easier. Suddenly, he felt a burst of soul power appear from thin air. It was definitely not a human’s soul.

A witch’s.

Jack gritted his teeth. All of his research on witches was in order to find clues about his supposed mother. To think there would be witches at the concert. Just like Kassana said. Jack wanted to speak with them, but he forced himself to remain where he was. Kalin needed him here. The weapon also needed help. There was no point in chasing after the witches, when there was there was no proof that they knew about his mother. He didn’t even know for sure if his mother was a witch. Despite his momentary turmoil, none of his impatience showed on his face and he continued smoothly.

“Who gave you your powers?”

@Stormborn Targaryen

@Deadeyelee

@Kalin Scarlet

@DaughterofAthena

Cynthia Eunice Greyloch

Death City

Jessyka's brief departure made Cynthia certain that there was more at hand than simply a few ghosts interrupting a city music festival. The panic heard in her voice and visible her eyes was tangible, something was a threat and she certainly wasn't going to let it stand. She ran down the steps of the building out towards the town, giving Yury a nod as well as he followed Jessyka into the building. He seemed capable enough, rather quiet, but he was only a NOT student, and therefore she had no interest in seeking to partner with him. Sprinting as quickly as she could through the now-abandoned streets to the center of town, she mentally prepared herself for what was to come, steeled her resolve to fight whatever decided to jump from the shadows at her. It took only a few minutes to arrive in the middle of the square, where she saw the abandoned stage, and here and there phantoms drifted and chased anyone still left in the area. A flash of action caught her attention and she ran towards it, transforming her hands into bladed arrowheads to join in the fray.

She arrived too late for the battle, Several other students were already there, fighting a man who seemed deranged and crazed. Cynthia still raced in their direction, ready to leap into the fight, but they delivered the final blow, one student armed with her Weapon partner in the form of a mace, the other a Meister who seemed to be working solo, punching the enemy with his bare fists. The man disintegrated under their attacks, leaving behind a corrupted crimson soul, shimmering wickedly. It looked delicious, but Cynthia knew she had no claim over it, only to the victor goes the spoils. Stopping short within several meters of the others, she called out
"Is that the the last of him then? What happened here?" Despite her questions, it was apparent that this was far from over, the ghosts swarming around the city were more than enough proof that the danger was all too real. "No matter, Jessyka is on her way to the DWMA, she said she had found a solution to whatever brought this about. We simply need to stand them off for several minutes until she returns." They would have to cleanse this city of them one by one, or at least hold them away from innocent civilians until Jessyka returned with whatever artifact she had gone to fetch. There was nothing for it, remaining in a half-Weapon form was simply not going to pass muster tonight, she needed a Meister.

The Weaponless Meister here would have to do for the time being, despite the rumours that he was a trouble-maker and simply a rough-around-the-edges boy, she had no other options. She sighed and, not waiting for his permission or even acknowledging him, her body transformed and extended into the curves of a great longbow, directly into his hands. Cynthia extended her Soul towards him, passing mental words to his mind,
"I assume you can aim, at least? You can leave the rest to me, just do not attempt anything reckless, or you'll end up killing us both." She waited for him to return her Soul connection, sitting on an elaborate armchair in her soulspace, leaned back disdainfully with her head resting on her hand and leaning her elbow on the arm of the chair in turn. Hopefully this Meister wouldn't be a miserable failure like all the rest, she had been anticipating some decent exercise for some time now.

Mentions:

Jason Daniels

Chuckling in response to Keziah's thanks while waving his hand dismissively. "Hey hey hey, it ain't a problem. I had a bitch of a chance to cut loose, no matter how unsatisfying that fight turned out to be. I'm just glad to be of assistance, yeah?" Rolling his shoulders and bouncing on his feet, he took a cursory glance around the square, anywhere else he could have some fun, and by fun he meant a fight to the death. As far as he could tell, there were maybe two other interesting things happening in around here, and he wanted to get a piece of the action before it all ended and everything went back it it's same old monotonous self. Just as he was about to sprint off to help another group, he heard someone call out. A vaguely familiar voice, one that he didn't much care for a few reasons of his own. Turning his head he managed to catch a glimpse of Cynthia just before she transformed, and lo and behold, she decided to simply force herself into his hand.

Staring deadpan at the bow in his hand, he waited a good minute after he heard her speak in his head, not bothering to reach out with his until the whole situation caught up to him. Finally deciding that, yes, this did just happen, and yes, she wouldn't leave, he extended his own Soul to her. As he was doing so, he responded to her in kind. "Well, I knew that sometimes my luck wasn't all that great, but for this to happen? This takes the icing, the cake, and the party too. The Oh so great Madame Grey has honored me with her presence after, what? Five years? That sounds about right. We've been in school the whole time together, and I do recall that when people were first looking for prospective partners all those years ago, you didn't even try with me and dismissed me as a hooligan and useless. Yet, here we are now. Were you really that desperate for a partner that you had to force yourself on the one meister here that works day in and day out on fighting without a weapon? How the mighty has fallen, no?"

As he finished ranting he took a deep breath, and seemed to visibly regress into his normal, laid back state. "But y'know, what? Whatever. I may as well have some fun before you bugger off to do whatever the hell you do in your free time." With naught but a shrug, he took another sweeping glance, and focused on what seemed to be a group of meisters fighting another meister with... Was that a corrupted Bo Staff? And that looked to be Xander too. Sighing, he now knew what exactly he needed to do. Glancing back at the greatbow in hand he muttered to her. "Well my Madame Grey I hope you don't live up to your reputation of troublesomeness. Oh, and that you're as good as you say you are. I suppose that too." With his snark said, Jason took a crouch, extending his left leg out to balance, and sitting on his right heel. He held the greatbow in his hands sideways with only slight difficulty, most due to it's size, and took aim. Placing his hand on the string, he made sure that his aim was true, then spoke up again. "Y'know, some arrows would be great around now, ya know what I'm sayin'?"

@Stickdom

Cynthia Eunice Greyloch

Death City

Jason's sarcasm was brushed away with a flippant hand flung out in a gesture that could only be described as contemptuous.
"Spare me your self-righteous commentary and weak flattery, I simply don't resort to associating with those beneath me. Something you would not understand since you probably have great difficulty finding anyone else so low. I am only working with you now out of necessity, you are sorely mistaken if you believe I take pleasure in your extended company." She scoffed, though there was something about him that intrigued her. Their souls had met, she had been expecting it to be distasteful and bitter due to his personality, or worse, common and bland like all of the others she had partnered with, a trait she always attributed to her good tastes. However hard she tried, she found his soul interesting, it was fiery and spirited, quite different from what she had anticipated. Well then, shall we test his limits?

"Don't hold me like that, you will only injure yourself. Stand up straight, place your weight on your back foot. You'll never be able to get your balance properly if you treat me like a kid's toy bow, plant one end on the ground to hold the weight, and take a deep breath in and let it go before you fire. Never hold your breath when you draw the line, you'll lose concentration and that causes mistakes." She reached into the place where their souls met, the joining point where the connection was strongest. She reached in and took a piece of the essence, it appeared to be part of Jason's determination, an apparently strong emotion for him. This would make fine ammunition. She held the unformed mass of soul energy in her hands, stretched it long and thin until it was nearly as tall as she was, with half of its length taken up by the bladed tip, flat and sharp like a small sword attached to the shaft. She flung it up into the air of her soulspace, it winked out of existence and materialized in Jason's hand. "I am giving you one shot for now, make it count. If you do not completely embarrass us, I will have plenty more where that came from." She grinned in anticipation.

This might actually be fun for once.

Mentions:

@Exanis

AikElla_banner_zpsofphdwbf.jpg

Aiko blinked nodding a little bit in response while casually evading and striking down an attacking ghost. She looked up in the air thought. "I suppose so its different... sort of... I guess.. okay." She spoke as to agree though not sounding fully convinced of it. She truthfully wasn't one to pay much attention to 'boring' parts of the lectures. It off her sheet luck of being good at picking up information and her great talent at physical activities she managed to cost by with average grades.

She blinked in response as she mentioned tossing her. She nodded a bit though her expression seeming to shift to a little uneasy as she mentioned resonating. A half crooked smile was on her lips. She swung Ella around quickly slicing through another ghost. "Haha... yeah..." She spoke with half hearted interest seeming to be perhaps in part out of her own general disinterest in the situation though being her unease hearing her use the world.

She gripped the blade as Ella started to try and resonate. Aiko's eyes darting up as she attempted to resonate. Her eyes focused sternly forward standing intimidatingly. She let out a light shout as if trying to mimic the sound of others resonating she had witnessed. The air around her became like static, as if charging up with a great deal of power. Her stance remaining steady as it looked as if she was about to resonate... then suddenly it fizzled out. Aiko stood looking awkwardly with nothing having happened. I knew it...

Ella, for her part, had no idea what happened. In her personal soul space, she'd felt the carousel start to move, heard the beginnings of a familiar song play as the resonance started to activate, sensed the energy of their souls build up, but then...nothing. Everything just stopped. Ella blinked confusedly.

"What happened?" She kicked the plastic animal she was on in frustration. "Why won't it move?"

It was to be expected. They'd never practiced together before. Even if Ella had an elastic wavelength, resonance wasn't something that could be done at the drop of a hat. Some meisters Ella had worked with had been easier to work with. Others not so much. But still...Aiko was 2-star meister...and they had so much fun together!

"Soul resonance!" Ella repeated, trying once again to stretch her soul out and match Aiko's. Like before, the carousel moved for a little bit then stopped. Ella let out a disappointed sigh. Perhaps it was because Aiko was a 2-star meister, that her soul was at level Ella couldn't match yet.

"Sorry about this Aiko," Ella said sheepishly. "It was a bad idea for us to try resonating without practice."

Aiko heard Ella's response as she was left uneasy. She bit her bottom lip in thought, jumping away to avoid a ghosts attempt to toss a chair as he. Her mind was racing to find an excuse. Her head turned up.

Maybe our Mojo is off? Eh... too basic. Maybe... ah! We were looking for a catch and got distracted so it threw it off! No no... that's not good enough... a wrong stance for it to work? No that wouldn't work... ooo a ritual that is needed to resonate right? No that is stupid...

She suddenly was halted in her search for an excuse hearing as Ella spoke. She blinked in response a bit surprise. She let out a light laugh taking advantage of the situation. As much as Aiko loved to gloat, she hated the idea of putting blame on her. Still, she couldn't exactly admit to the problem. She would just work off it and try and make her feel less guilty.

"Haha, I mean... you know it happens, could just be your not really use to me at all and I'm a little harder to find the right mix is all! Even someone as great as me can have a little trouble without some practice that can make it a little harder. Nothing wrong with that!"
She spoke loudly taking advantage of her response with some guilt in the process attempting to downplay it.

Ella giggled, wondering why Aiko was raising her voice. "You're so nice, Aiko! Just like Jack. I really like you." Her eyes glinted in determination. "Don't worry, there isn't anyone I can't resonate with. A little practice and I'll get the hang of it in no time~"

Ella hummed a soft tune that echoed throughout her soul space, her fingers drawing circles in the air.

Aiko blinked letting out a light awkward laugh, jumping back from what appeared to be a flying banana peel. She shrugged a little slashing at a nearby ghost to daze it. "Of course!" She spoke with a awkward smile. At least for now she wouldn't have to worry about her questioning her further.

@QuirkyAngel

Jason Daniels

Jason rolled his eyes and mimed her speaking, and once she was completely done, responded in an even more sarcastic tone then before. "Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realize I asked you to help me. Most have gotten lost in the mail, yeah? And what's this about me somehow being the lowest of the low if your words are anything to go by? Do you even know me enough to make such an assumption? Cause trust me, you know little to nothing about me from what I've seen in the few minutes we've interacted." Twirling the sword-like arrow in his hand, he cast a glance at where the others were talking/fighting.

Flipping up the arrow and catching it again, he lowered the greatbow. "Listen up, Madame. I don't need you. I really don't. In fact, I specialize in close quarters combat, the complete opposite of what a greatbow offers. These desperate times, and these desperate measures? Yeah, they only apply to you. I was in my element before you decided to mosey on in and drop yourself into my hands. So on that note, here's the deal. You are going to act like a respectable person who won't make me want to walk away shaking my head in disgust at your holier than thou attitude, and coming from me that actually means something. We are going to get this terrible night over with, and then we are going to go our separate ways, with no need to ever work together ever again, like how it's been for the past five years. Got it? Great." Looking back up to make sure his desired target hadn't moved while he was once again caught up ranting, he let loose a minuscule sigh as he saw they hadn't.

With another sigh, though this one had a definitive note of aggravation in it, Jason planted one end of the greatbow into the ground, though he stayed in the same position he was in, only rising onto one knee with the other leg out to accommodate the new change in height the way the bow was held presented. "I can make one shot count, and I swear to god if you cold shoulder me because I failed your inane and arbitrary expectations and beliefs, I will quite literally drop you and fight the way I like, got it? Remember, you need me, not the other way around." With what he hoped to be his final piece to her said, Jason nocked the bow and drew it back, taking in a break and steadying his aim as he did so. With a sharp exhale, he released the arrow, aimed at the shoulder of the hand Xander was using to hold his weapon. With that done, he lowered his arm and simply waited to see what would happen.

@Stickdom

@DaughterofAthena

Kassana Silverstream

Lost in a trance at the feeling of the witch’s soul, Kassana was completely lost to whatever else was going on around her for the briefest moment. Even as Miyoko started speaking, Kassana was completely unaware of the fact that she was being spoken to until about halfway through the little spiel. She finally turned her head at the statement, “Come along or don’t.”

Her head turned swiftly to meet eyes with Miyoko and as she realized that she had been the one the girl had been talking to, Kassana tried to piece together what she had missed. Part of her wanted to object. She had never once said she didn’t like Miyoko. The simple memory of what had happened when they had first tried to partner scared Kassana because she didn’t understand it. Now didn’t seem like a good time to explain that.

“No… uhm… I’ll come…” The decision was made quickly and Kassana realized that she hadn’t really thought it through a whole lot. She also knew that she likely would not have made the same decision had she actually taken the time to think about it. It wasn’t a good time to think, though.

Silver light poured out of her body as her physical form condensed in a glowing aura that surrounded her. Light leaping into the air, it darted straight into Miyoko’s hand and solidified as the slingshot that Kassana had become.
‘Just… be careful, ok?’

@SephirothSage

Alexis “Lexie” Traynor and Alexander “Xander” Traynor

Though he may have seemed completely consumed by the fight he’d gotten himself into, that was not the case and Xander’s attention snapped forward the moment the witch’s soul’s presence became known. A smirk grew on his face as for a moment, his focus was drawn off of the NOT student trying to speak to him and towards the two females making their way away from the scene. Only one soul was known, Xander could only assume they were both witches and their souls would likely be delectable.

Jack’s words could not be ignored, though. The more Xander heard, the more the words started to eat away at him, unveiling more of his anger to the crowd that had decided to prevent him from taking what he wanted. His eyes flickered to Luxe, to Malakai, and then lastly, they rested on Jack.
“You know, you’re the most annoying one of all of them,” the boy practically growled. You need to learn some respect for those more powerful than you!”

Soul wavelength jolted through Xander’s hand, sparks of dynamite flowing from his palm as they spouted erratically around him shocking anyone who had dared to get too close as venom continued to seep into the weapon in his hand, spreading even closer to the edges. Preparing a forward charge, Xander meant to drive his hand straight through Jack.

One step.

Then a single writhe of agony seared through his body and Xander froze. Piercing straight through his shoulder, a spiraling arrow emerged, embedding itself within his skin. Although it jutted through the muscle just beneath his collarbone and hit no actual bone, the impact was loud and consumed the air.

The sparks of dynamite around his hand turned to blue and that blue light seemed to surround his body as the aura itself kept him standing though any ability to move was beyond him. Black remaining within the weapon he still held, it did not recede and it did not advance though it contained the same aura that held Xander on his feet.

Help.” Though it was spoken through Xander’s voice, it was no longer him who was speaking. His soul consumed in his sister’s desperation, their souls being linked as they were meant that if Xander’s soul was to fade, hers was to be lost in black thus she sustained him with what little power she had left.

@Kalin Scarlet @Cecilia @QuirkyAngel @Exanis @Stickdom @Deadeyelee @Stormborn Targaryen

Basically, Xander was going to collapse on impact of the arrow and drop his weapon. Lexie’s soul is half taking over his body and keeping him standing because while she is linked to him, she still has the ability to fight the venom because through their link, she can access some of Xander’s power. So… Xander is fighting to regain control of his body from his sister while Lexie needs to retain control of Xander so that she isn’t dropped by him in his pain and then lost to the black. I hope this makes some amount of sense…

If it doesn’t make sense, basically, give Kalin another shot at pulling Lexie out or give someone else a shot though I don’t know how well that will go. It’ll be fun, they said!

Kassana Silverstream and Miyoko Oromo

Miyoko smiles faintly as the girl transforms and leaps into her hand- deftly shifting her hand to catch the forming slingshot, wrapping her left hand around the handle firmly and trying to establish a bond by reflex- reaching out with her soul.

“Heh, I’m always careful! Y’don’t know me well enough to know it, but I’m smarter than I seem!” She says in a boisterously cheerful tone, as she breathes in and out steadily while continuing her charge. Even as she see’s the way the scene ahead of them seems to be falling apart… and hears a quiet plea for help.

It tugs at her heartstrings, and she grits her teeth, unsure how to help; as she runs closer, she focuses on establishing that link as painlessly as possible, to occupy her mind.

Though Kassana had her doubts, she did not voice them. Rather, the slingshot weapon simply relaxed in the feeling of her soul slowly melding to the rhythm of Miyoko’s own soul. Unlike last time, Kassana did not simply allow her soul to do all the work. Applying careful restraint, the link was there but it was not nearly as strong as it could have been simply because she was afraid. Try as she might, Kassana could not keep that fear from crossing the bridge of their minds and neither could she bring herself to speak on its behalf.

Miyoko smiles faintly at the weak link; it’s strong enough for her, at least, a place to start. Her own fears and doubts can’t help but dance across the link, yet they are balanced on her end by her overbearing confidence and sense of purpose; she’s always willing to put aside her own fears and worries for herself aside in favor of moving to help someone else, and it’s clear that the weapon being violated by Xander is in desperate need of help. A shudder runs down her spine. Indeed, most of the fear on her end, palpable through the link, is concern that she’ll somehow hurt Kassana, bizarrely enough.

Still- she charges headlong towards the fray, as she thinks towards Kassana tenuously through the link. So.. I know how using a regular slingshot works. How does using you differ? Do I focus soul energy into the rubber band then pull, or..?’

Kassana couldn’t help but contemplate how odd of a question that was and it took her a moment to reply. ‘You can do both at once… I think…?’ Pulling on the strings of a memory that was training with her former partner, Kassana recalled that he would pull back, she would accept his wavelength and match it with her own, and once the two were in sync, he would release the shot.

That was another partner, though.

‘I… I really don’t think it matters. We just… we have to match each other’s soul energy or it backfires.’ She recalled the burns on her former meister’s hands when she’d used too much of her own energy and not enough of theirs had been there. It hadn’t been something she had particularly enjoyed having allowed to occur.

Miyoko soaks in this information as she drops into a crouch about thirty feet away from the brawl going on, idly hoping that her own soul might have not been noticed by Xander in the wake of the massive soul of the witch. She nods quietly, thinking.

‘Gotcha… Hrm. Seems like he’s about on the rails of being defeated, and it doesn’t look like that’d be good, either… almost looks like..’ She pauses her mental speech as she thinks quietly on what she’s seeing. A moment of focus, and she was honing her senses to try and analyze the intertwined souls of Xander and the weapon in his hands. She’s not sure what’s going on, so she needs to gather more information before striking- that much, she’s sure of.

Even as she devotes her mind to thinking about that, she decides to practice what Kassana just told her and her aim, drawing a bead on one of the ghosts terrorizing the civilians, and attempting to do as she was told. She loops her thumb through the rubber band of Kassana’s weapon form and focuses her soul into that, pumping a pulse of her soul energy into the weapon to try and match to Kassana’s wavelength and fire a shot through the ghost.

‘Like that?’

Sinking into a trance in which she simply let her soul respond, Kassana poured her silver wavelength into the holster, allowing it to swirl into Miyoko’s wavelength although she was careful to release her own wavelength slow and steady, matching and adding to the power of the shot as Miyoko added her own wavelength in. Somehow, though, as she was going along, Kassana missed Miyoko’s question and her own silver wavelength continued to pour into the shot, its power only building as Kassana’s soul slowly overwhelmed Miyoko’s.

Miyoko feels this, and takes it as confirmation. She notes the girl adding more and more power to the shot, and decides to surge a tad more of her own wavelength to even out the difference, and then she releases the charged up bolt of spiritual force towards the ghost, steadying her hands to brace for any recoil of any kind from using the weapon, as she ponders what she saw when looking at Xander.

Though braced she might have been, the sheer force of the recoil was enough to push Miyoko back and within her soul space, Kassana’s arms flew up above her face, shielding herself from the debris of their souls’ lack of balance as it flew up into her face like a cloud. Coughing and regaining herself within her own little world, the real world took the impact much differently than her soul space did.

As the energy was released, the force of it seemed to shoot forward although it froze just before leaving the holster, spiraling to a massive size as the silver aura consumed what there was of Miyoko’s wavelength before expanding even more extensively and blowing up right in the meister’s face. Silver as it was, there was no physical damage to Kassana herself since it was her own wavelength. However, any inch of Miyoko within the blast simmered with the heat of melted silver.

Miyoko is entirely caught off guard, her pondering of the problem at hand interrupted as her attempt to practice a single shot with the slingshot in her hand backfires horribly. She hisses in pain as what feels like molten silver engulfs her arm in searing pain, burning her flesh painfully. She grits her teeth as she tries to suffer through it, recalling memories of far worse injuries from her past to sustain her through the agony.

’So.. Not like that… Ach, shit.. What did I do wrong? I noticed there was more of your soul than mine, so I added more of mine, but… damnit, how did I fuck up this time. Are you okay? I didn’t hurt you with that, did I?’ She thinks rapidly towards the weapon, concern for Kassana evident in her tone despite Miyoko being the only one injured by the blast.

‘Nope… nope… I’m ok. I’m alright.’ Grimacing, Kassana could feel the pain that Miyoko was feeling through their link although it was easily differentiated from anything her own body could possibly be feeling. Right away she knew what would happen and she very nearly cursed herself out on that one. ‘That one’s on me. I… I got too distracted trying to keep the link as is and I wasn’t paying attention to matching your soul.’

And that was the crux of the matter. Kassana was focusing too much on sustaining the link at as weak a point as was actually possible and that intense focus took her attention away from assuring that their wavelengths matched up in the fight.

Miyoko soaks this in and then nods solemnly.

[i]‘Understood. Right. Then I need to pick up the slack in terms of matching our souls, and do my best to match to yours while you focus on holding the link. Don’t worry about it, Kassana. I’ve had wayy worse than that burn. Heh, in the meantime… shit, I guess we’ll just have to focus on the ghosts for now, cus I’ve got no idea how to help deal with Psycho over there, and I think the Three-star probably has it in hand, yeah?’[/i] she thinks firmly, a low chuckle escaping her verbally as she winces. She’s not lying when she says she’s had worse, but she’s bluffing hard nonetheless; it’s agonizing for her arm to be burnt like this. But she’s fine with that, and would rather do her best to make Kassana feel better about herself than guilt the weapon with the pain she’s feeling.

An so she draws a bead on another ghost- and makes another attempt at pulling back a shot, trying to do her best to closely match however much spiritual energy Kassana puts into the shot in response to her own efforts. And then, after a brief moment, she let’s go again and hopes for a better result.

Saiken Martuba

The Blind Prince

"Orderly fashion. This way."

Saiken had been helping people escape the area until no one besides those battling the ghosts were left. He felt no sense of pride, no sense of relief that the people would be safe. He just helped them because he had to. It would make him seem "nice" as people put it. When his senses could tell the last bit of people had gone a safe distance, he turned to the area once filled with people. He sensed his fellow students swinging at things, but he was unable to detect what. What were they battling, he wondered? Saiken didn't catch the memo that the area was full of ghosts.

He did indeed sense something was amiss, but he wasn't able to tell what was happening.

'If the enemy is invisible to me, it's useless to fight', He reasoned with himself. He cautiously walked around, catching all the events happening, searching for someone who'd need assistance. He didn't have a weapon with him, so that was unfortunate. If he was bothered by little things, he'd be breaking down over not being able to see the things they were combating.

His attention was diverted to something behind him, two women talking.

'Strange. They don't seem scared.'

Were they fellow students? No, they sounded far too old. He pursued after them, whilst making small observations and keeping tabs on how they sounded or their mannerisms.

'Hmm. One sounds weak in voice. Is she afraid of something?', He wondered. Perhaps it was just her nature.

The words "Play with them later" caught his attention. Were they up to something?

"Excuse me, ladies."

He casually strolled up to them, showing a false smile,

"How are you this evening?"

@Sunbather

@DaughterofAthena

Tiffany Griffan

Turning promptly at the sound of a voice, Tiffany stopped walking and turned to face the meister who approached them. Seeing his eyes, she smiled straight into them - it was completely intentional. “Do you know this one, Asa?” The question was directed towards her partner though she didn’t really seem to care if she got an answer or not. It was simply something her voice felt obligated to ask.

Speaking next to the boy, she replied,
“Could be better, could be worse, honestly. I had a visit with an old friend. She’s playing games, as usual.” Shrugging, Tiffany left that as it was. It was as good of an answer as he was going to get.

Quite surprised that he didn’t seem to know what she was and outright attack as most students would have done, Tiffany was quite tempted to stay and chat for a while though her eyes glanced up towards the DWMA. Surely someone higher up within there would be on their way down any second now. Her soul wasn’t exactly one to
not draw attention. So instead, she didn’t stay and talk. Nodding just once to Saiken, she said, “You enjoy the rest of your night. I’m sure I’ll have reason to visit again soon. This is only the first piece… only the first puzzle.”

Even Tiffany didn’t know what she meant by that but she was certain Lorelei would have enjoyed hearing her say it. Turning around, Tiffany grabbed Asa’s wrist and scratched at the air with claws extending from her fingertips, tearing the very fabric of reality before stepping through it with her companion. Vanishing into a void, the two of them were gone an instant before it sealed once more.

@Lilllysaurus Rex @Sunbather

Cynthia Eunice Greyloch

Death City

She had to admit, he wasn't a bad shot, he at least hit the target. The impact of the enormous bolt seemed to jar them momentarily, though they seemed to shake it off a moment later, their dark aura being replaced by a much paler, lighter one. Whatever or whoever that was, they had guts and power, loads of both. Cynthia liked that, more of a challenge that way.
"Alright, Jason, I'll give you credit, that was well done, a direct hit. You might not be so bad after all," her voice was thick with flattery, he would probably take it the wrong way, but she meant it, she was actually impressed. The fact that she even admitted the feat at all showed her sincerity, it was normally beneath her to comment on incompetence. "They seem to still be up, however. I think we should give it another round, how about you?" She threw a fistful of soul stuff into the air again, they materialised in reality as a quartet of arrows, planted headfirst into the ground in front of Jason for him to pick up as he wished. "As I said, plenty more where that came from. Fire at your leisure, I've got all night." She grinned, Jason's soul energy was almost intoxicating, or perhaps contagious was a more suitable word, she was starting to catch some of his aggressive enthusiasm and it felt great. She hadn't had a Meister like this in... well, ever, really. No one she had partnered with in the past had even come close to being this invigorating. If he decided not to partner with her at all after this, she feared that might be a problem. Something would have to be done about it.

Mentions:

@Exanis

Jason Daniels

Seeing his target still standing sent a jolt of excitement through Jason. Sure, he was only firing arrows at him, but that fact didn't even occur in his mind at that moment. He was brought back to reality as he heard Cynthia speak to him once more. He withheld his urge to snark at her, considering she at least seemed to be more respectful of him at the moment. And, to his credit, he did mostly. "Ya ain't too bad yourself. Was kinda hopin' an arrow that looked like a sword would put someone down immediately, but hey, beggars can't be choosers and all that." He eyed the four arrows in front of him with a hungry gleam in his eyes. "I'd have loved to see how much of the Sun I could obscure with these, but alas it is night, and I quite enjoy the company of the moon." His eyes turned vicious. "Oh well, I suppose target practice on the standing dummy will have to do."

He picked up the first arrow, nocked it, aimed at Xander's other shoulder, and releasing a deep breath, fired. "One! He picked up the second arrow, nocked it, and then took a moment to consider where he wanted it to go. Nodding to himself, he decided on Xander's left thigh. Pulling back the string and making sure his aim was true, he fired with the exhale of a breath. "Two~~!" He sang to himself. Twirling the third arrow for a moment, he went through the same procedure, and aimed at Xander's right thigh this time. With a twang and a sharp exhale, he fired. "Threeeeeee!" He eyed the final arrow, and, coming to a decision, picked it up. Nocking it and aiming it at the center of Xander's back, he seemed subdued for a moment, which was quickly overcome with his gleeful bloodlust. With an exhale as quiet as a whisper, he released the arrow and watched it fly. "Four. Sorry bud, but sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do." Once again, he simply leaned back on his heel and watched the four arrows rush towards their targets, and waited for the outcome.

@Stickdom

@DaughterofAthena

Alexander “Xander” Traynor and Alexis “Lexie” Traynor

[media]

[/media]

Pain irradiated his body.

The arrow embedded itself within his other shoulder, blood dripping around the wound though for the moment the arrow served not only as the source of injury, but also as a plug that prevented the rapid blood loss that would have taken him out much faster than it would seem actually would happen.

“NO!” came the screeching reply that tore through the air. Though there could not be a doubt it was Lexie’s voice that shouted it - it even sounded like her - Xander’s lips moved to scream it too as his body turned to face the attacker firing a volley of arrows upon his back. Another arrow impacted as he turned to face his attackers as they unleashed a volley of arrows, this one burying itself into the flesh of his thigh before his knees buckled underneath him, bringing him to his knees.

Another arrow came in. Though aimed for his right thigh, his fall had retargeted it just a little and it moved to scrape at his side instead, his body now lower to the ground than it had been upon its release. Twirling as it moved to slice his skin, the arrow was suddenly encompassed by a pale blue aura, the energy of a soul. Lexie’s soul, to be precise. Taking the arrow and turning it violently, the arrow soared off into the sea of ghosts swarming around Ella and Aiko, freezing some of the poltergeists that moved to strike them.

Despite her efforts to keep her brother from taking another blow, it seemed Lexie was slowly losing. The blue in her weapon form completely consumed now with black, it seemed to be getting faster as it creeped out to the edges of her weapon form.

Another arrow came. Again, the blue aura encompassed it although as she tried to redirect it, the arrow stopped moving completely. Still frozen, it was positioned right in front of Xander’s chest as she held it there, Xander’s body quivering at the effort. Unable to move for to do so would sacrifice the concentration it took to prevent the arrow from piercing his skin, the souls of the siblings were entirely in sync though he was dying too quickly for a resonance to be possible. Both wanted to live and sharing in that desire though it was futile, led them to harmony.

She could not stop the arrow
and keep the venom at bay.

“Help me!” Her voice cried out, desperate and pained as the arrow slowly inched its way forward, the tip poking at the skin of his chest, threatening to drive deeper as she lost hold of more and more of whatever help Xander’s soul was trying to lend her.

@Exanis @Stickdom @QuirkyAngel @Deadeyelee @Stormborn Targaryen

Jessyka Volontari

Though she heard Yury’s words, Jessyka didn’t dain them worthy of a response at the moment and neither did she want to waste the breath it would take to explain that she had merely taken a moment’s pause to speak with Cynthia and in that moment, glancing behind her had seemed like a good idea. She hadn’t actually been waiting for him. Rather, she had simply glanced in his direction. It was only coincidence that he’d been able to catch up in that moment’s pause.

Instead, once Cynthia seemed to head off, Jessyka too resumed her route. It was a good thing she knew her way around the DWMA. Nicolas’s instructions as to where to find this box hadn’t been very specific so the faster she could get to the general area and have time to actually look for this box.

The dungeons were a mess. If anything, there could be no doubt after looking that the poltergeists had been through, wrecking their particular brand of havoc before they had taken to the skies and descended upon the event that was supposed to be fun. One particular cell had been torn in two from the looks of it and as she peeked in, Jessyka could see the scratches on the wall. Marks of insanity. Marks of madness.

And then directly across from the cell, within a pile of rubble, Jessyka could just barely make out the outline of it.
“I think that’s what we’re looking for.” Pushing the miscellaneous stuff out of the way, Jessyka uncovered a small box though the minute she touched it, her soul felt it’s pull. It was as though the box, lid still undone, tried to pull her very being into it.

Her hand slipped up and sealed the box. The feeling vanished.
“Definitely what we’re looking for.”

@Mine

Naia Mahiʻai

Naia began to transform as Luxe grabbed her hand and started off towards one of the various battles, only to change course and head towards another one. By this time, she had completed her transformation, and was now a bone dagger resting in Luxe's grip. She was ever so slightly surprised when she heard Luxe speak through their new shared mind-space. However much this felt natural, she was still new to the concept of Meister-Weapon teams and how it worked. Nevertheless, she listened to what her temporary meister had to say, even smiling at his attempts to compliment her.

Once Naia looked around her at the soul space she was in, she found herself in a familiar environment. Inside her weapon form, she was seated criss-cross on a fur rug. The walls around her looked like hide and she was surrounded with the comforting smell of herbs. It felt like home, the only difference being that she could not see the usual woods out the door. However, she couldn't dwindle on admiring the space around her for much longer. There was a more pressing matter to attend to. Her focus returned to what was going on outside, though she didn't know she was actually seeing what Luxe could see.

While she was looking at her surroundings, she tried replying to Luxe through the link.
'Thanks though! Yes, we really should focus on the situation at hand. Any ideas? We need to figure out what the other two students attacking him are planning as well.' Her voice was most likely cautious, for she was testing this new concept in the process. Sure, she understood what was going on from the lessons at the academy, but that did not mean she was experienced with it.

They would not get much time to figure out a plan either, she could hear Jack trying to talk to the rogue student. It obviously did not go well, as the boy attempted to attack Jack. He was stopped, by a arrow being embedded into his shoulder. What happened next was even more surprising. Though the boy should have gone down from that, and looked on the verge of doing so, he did not. He and the blackening weapon he held were surrounded in a blue aura that seemed to hold them in place. then the boy called for help, but she had a feeling it wasn't actually him. Even she could tell something was wrong with the weapon he wielded. Not too much time passed, and more arrows rained down on the pairing. One in the shoulder, followed by the scream of a girl ripping from the boy's mouth. His partner. It was vaguely familiar to her from the DWMA, but she could not place the voice and now was not the time.

Another arrow brought the boy to his knees, then the remaining arrows were propelled away. In the end of the volley of five, one remained hung in midair before the boy's chest. Close to piercing his skin. The girl's voice scream out again, sounding desperate. Naia looked to the bowstaff that was the boy's weapon, then back to the arrow.
'Luxe, we have to do something to help that weapon. I don't care about the boy, but the girl as his weapon. Somethings wrong, majorly wrong.' She stated in a serious tone into the mindspace again, probably pointing out the obvious. 'I don't think Jack and his partner Kalin will let this fight end without attempting to help her. We shouldn't either.' She added, then fell silent. She wasn't sure if she'd only pointed out the obvious, or not, but at least it was a start.

-|| Location: City Square -||- Partner: N/A -||- Classification: NOT Weapon -||- Mentions:

@Kalin Scarlet (Luxe) -||-

Kalin 'Galahad' Mickleson
Time seemed to slow down for him, as he regained his senses. Kalin could only watch in horror as

the first volley arrows came in. Sure they stopped Jack from getting hurt, but he could have done that. But they were only trying to help. They didn't understand the situation, and if they were allowed to continue, this day would end in ruin. That wasn't something Kalin thought he could handle. No, if he couldn't save this girl, it would validate everything he'd been told about himself. And while some of these things were true, what little hope he had for himself demanded he defy at least two.

'Forgive me, but this is just something that has to be done. We're not getting anywhere like this. Get Safe, please.'

His weapon form is overtaken in golden light, the mass shooting forwards as it shapes into

the scrawny scrap of a human. With a roar, likely the loudest noise he's ever made, his hands reach and grab at the Bo-staff, pulling himself on top of it, and wrapping his legs around it. There would be no separating him. There would be no shooting her. And neither of them could be used to kill another. If he was strong enough, perhaps Xander could beat him against the ground, or some other hard object, but, This was the best option. This time, he would not let go. This time, the dog would get it right. Whether he lived to see it or not.

It was harder to reach into her soul space, without Jack's guidance, but after a moment,

he managed to project himself inside it. 'I'm back! Please God, be ok! Where are you?! I'm going to get you out this time, Hell or highwater! Like I Promised!" His soul is radiating. He appears as he does in the outside, no mature visage, no shows, no costumes. Just a soul, desperate to protect another.

@DaughterofAthena

@QuirkyAngel

Users who are viewing this thread