End of Summer Concert

Jack Trinity

Jack blinked as an arrow landed into Xander’s shoulder just as he was about to charge. Certainly a lucky break. Provoking the angry student hadn’t been the best idea. He watched a blue soul wrap around the boy and the weapon girl, Lexie’s voice, cried out for help. However the shooters didn’t seem to hear it. Jack eyes widened as another volley of arrows was shot forth, two more digging in Xander’s other shoulder and thigh and bringing Dynamo to his knee. Jack took a step forward.

“Wait! We haven’t helped her y—!”

Then as if things weren’t crazy enough, Kalin apologized to him before, darting from his hand and charging towards Xander like a scrawny maniac.

“Kalin!!”

Running after his partner, Jack stopped when he was in front of the arrow barely being held back by Lexie’s soul. Just as Kalin clung onto bo staff like a monkey, Jack gripped the arrow before Xander’s chest with both hands and yanked hard, ignoring the way his hand burned. A violet glow emitted from his hands, spreading to encase the arrow, and—much to Jack’s surprise—the bladed tip of the arrow just…fell off…

Jack stared at the bladeless shaft incredulously for a moment before unceremoniously dropping it to the ground and directing his attention to his partner who was holding on still holding onto the bow staff. Nope, his partner wasn’t a coward. Kalin was crazy. Getting behind Xander, one his hands tightened around Xander’s wrist while his other arm locked around Xander’s neck, keeping the DWMA student immobile for Kalin to do his thing.

“Let go of the weapon,” Jack hissed irritably in Xander’s ear. “Do you want to take her down with you?”

To the shooters, Jack yelled. He could feel their souls. A male and female.Stop!!! We’ve got him down! We’re DWMA students! DON’T SHOOT!

Lexie probably had a reason to save Xander. Might have something to do with their link and the toxin that was engulfing her soul. Such stuff was beyond a NOT student's expertise. But Jack didn’t care about that. He was more worried about Kalin. There was still a chance that the shooters would open fire on all of them regardless.

@DaughterofAthena

@Deadeyelee

@Exanis

@Stickdom

@Stormborn Targaryen

@Cecilia

@Kalin Scarlet

Ella Trinity

In her soul space, Ella raised an eyebrow as an arrow flew through the group of ghosts where she and Aiko were fighting, freezing them. "Who--?" Ella stopped when she caught sight of Jack and Kalin. Her jaw dropped when she saw who they were clinging to. Xander. The resident bad boy of DWMA.

Ella didn't know much about him, since she was often absent for medical reasons. All she knew was that he was one day admitted into DWMA on a provisional status and that no one seemed to like him. Heedless of Aiko, and taking advantage of the fact the ghosts were momentarily frozen, Ella transformed back into her half zombie form and dashed after her cousin. She didn't know the situation or what caused fighting. But she knew Jack and Kalin wouldn't stand a chance against Dynamite.

"They're first year students for crying out loud!" Ella let out an angry huff. It was probably Jack's idea, picking a fight against the school's delinquent. Did his die tell him to do so? "Jaaaack you're soooo in trouble!"

Then another mob of ghosts swooped down front of Ella. "Gahhh! What's wrong with you creeps! Are you attracted to me something!? Go get a life and bother someone el--!"

"Soul Resonace."

Ella turned and shaded her eyes as a blinding light engulfed her. When she opened her eyes again, a dark haired, glasses wearing man who was dressed like an office worker stood before her a machete in hand. The ghosts around her were frozen solid.

"Professor Rudolf!"

"Are you alright, Miss Trinity?"

Ella nodded. Professor Thomas Rudolf glanced around at the mess of a concert, a distasteful expression crossing his face. "Just hold on a little longer. Lord Death is aware of what's going on. Help will come soon."

"How? These things won't die--,"

Then the professor was gone. Vanished. Ella stared blankly at the empty spot. Then she let out another irritated huff.

@Hanarei

Last edited by a moderator:
Alexis “Lexie” Traynor

Kalin’s voice echoed in the black void of soul space that had become far more toxic than when he had last peered into it. Black poison boiling on the surface of the what should have been the ground, his soul was the only flicker of light within it. Heat radiated from the bubbling black and steam simmered from the popping bubbles.

Though she was nowhere to be seen, Lexie heard it.

‘You came back!’ The voice seemed to have no source yet it radiated throughout the entire space. ‘I thought… thought they had given up on me…’ Fear. That was what that statement was. It was fear, plain and simple.

Lexie was still nowhere to be seen. Black toxicity bubbling everywhere seemed to mask it, but suddenly skin reached through the black revealing a single hand. Her body suffocating, buried in the thick liquid, it seemed her voice should not have been heard at all. The only reason why it made any sense at all was simply because this entire space… it was hers.

@Deadeyelee

Jessyka Volontari, Nicolas Kye and Abigail Kye

The run back to the city square had been a straight shot. Very little got in the way of the pink haired meister and what started in her way was quick to dart out of that path before any collision could inhibit her path. Simply the determination with which her feet carried her was enough to convey the importance of whatever it was she was doing.

Not once did she stop to look around. Not once did she note that the scene had changed since the moment she had run from it. Instead, she simply made a beeline straight for the only pair of civilians that remained within the square - Nicolas and his wife, Abigail.

“I really hope this is it, sir,” she huffed. The meister was gasping for breath as she held the box out to him, hoping that it was what he had been looking for. “I don’t… I don’t think I could make another run…”

A small gasp escaped Nicolas as the box was offered to him.
“That is exactly it.” Taking it from the meister’s hands, he blew a small bit of dust from the lid and for a moment, he seemed at a loss for what to do. “I remember the last time I held it so empty.” Sadness swept over him.

“Well, collect what is here. You’ve done your part. Lord Death can figure out how to collect those that will have escaped.” A hand rested on his shoulder, comforting him - or, trying to.

“Yes.”

Tipping the lid off of the box, the entire interior seemed to be suddenly flooded with a white light as all the frozen ghosts from Professor Rudolph’s intervention were drawn into it. The ghosts seemed to scream as they were entrapped once again, pulled into a prison which they would hopefully not be free of again.

@Hanarei @QuirkyAngel @Mine

Jayce Hammerkin

Still fighting, still feeling the blade of his weapon form swinging through the air with steady calculated strokes, Jayce was lost in the relaxing feeling of being in the hands of a meister. His erratic soul calmed in Felix’s hands. Within and amongst their movements, Jayce completely forgot what it was that had torn him out of his focus and his attention was solely on maintaining a soul that was sustainable to link with a meister.

Lost in that concentration, the khopesh only barely managed to notice that as they struck the poltergeists, slowly but surely they were starting to vanish. Following one as his weapon form sailed straight through it, Jayce realized that they were being drawn in, taken captive.

‘They’re catching them, Felix! Slowly but surely… we’ve just gotta freeze them and then they’re drawn in!’

Uncontainable excitement that needed to be shared spread through the link. Surprise, too, was there and contagious. It seeped into their bond as they fought more and more of them. They had a chance to be rid of them for good. Jayce’s concentration hardened once more. He was not about to mess up this chance to actually get something done right.

@Deadeyelee

Keziah Swan and Warren Langston

After a moment of realizing that their partnership was done being needed for now, Warren took on his human form once more. Silver aura swam out of Keziah’s grip, a silver arm reaching out and claiming the red soul that had been hovering there for far longer than he would’ve liked to leave it already. No one else had claimed it and now it was his. Gulping it up swiftly, Warren swallowed without comment and then turned his attention to the situation involving the twins - Lexie and Xander.

“We’re not going to get involved, Kez?” Warren inquired of his meister.

“Even if we did, that boy’s soul is not yours to take. It belongs to his sister. It always has,” Keziah replied. She didn’t even glance towards the situation. Instead, her feet carried her straight for Nicolas Kye. “I can take that,” she offered. “There are bound to be stragglers in the city yet.”

“No doubt about it,” Nicolas agreed. “Unfortunately, there is only one box or you could divide it up and send out multiple groups.”

“We’ll still travel in groups. There were witches here. We can’t be too careful after that.” Taking the box from Nicolas’s hands, Keziah eyed up each and every student who still seemed to have breath left in them. “We’ve still got a mess to clean up, guys! We didn’t make it but if we can help, then we should! Who’s coming with me!?”

Warren, sensing his cue, resumed his weapon form, the morningstar spinning twice before Keziah caught it with expert precision.

“Let’s go find all that we can.”

@Exanis @Stickdom @Kalin Scarlet @Cecilia @Stormborn Targaryen

@ anyone else who wants to join them

Saiken Martuba

The Blind Prince

He rubbed two fingers together as the two ladies had suddenly vanished. He knew exactly what was happening; one of them had released their Soul Protect. It was a wavelength that was impossible to ignore. Why would she release it? It would put her life in danger. Do even old beings such as witches possess such a capacity for foolish decisions? Oh well, he had to tell someone, or if he didn't he'd, well, have anger expressed towards him. He still didn't understand why frustration is created from the lack of giving information. Why is saving it for later such an inconvenience when it didn't even matter? Well the best way of making... Friends, was being cooperative, so he might as well for research's sake.

He heard the voice of Keziah calling everyone around, and decided to mention it there. Though... He was quite puzzled. What mess? There was screaming people earlier escaping... Some kind of danger, but he didn't hear anything. His senses didn't pick up anything peculiar. It'd be best to ask, as communication is key after all.

"Excuse me, ma'am." He present himself to the female, closed eyes, fake smile and an artificial softness to his face, "What mess are you talking about exactly? What sent people screaming?"

@DaughterofAthena

Kalin 'Galahad' Mickleson

f33954c12c8378fa00924358b99d4cb31307759406_large.png

"In the beginning, it is always dark." He took a moment to calm himself then held his 'hands' out to his side, as he took in the void around him. It was putrid, like and endless sea of tar, and innately, Kalin found it revolting. However, the son of the adulterer did not abandon his partner's side, and throw the both of them in harms way to sight-see. No, there was a task to complete, a quest to finish. His arms rose above his head, as he dove, light cascading from his palms, as his soul wavelength began to push away the horrid toxin. And then he dove, head over heals, into the sludge filled abyss. 'This time, I will not be afraid.'

The doors within, no the entirety of Kalin's own soul space quaked, as his sin was brought forth, and his wavelength began to falter. His hands stained by his own cowardice. A life, no, three, forever altered by a single choice. But this time would be different. This time he would not comply. This time he'd fix it. The very nature of his soul demanded it. It simply had no more ground to give, no more room to bend before it broke. That's fine. The more it hurts, the more it means.

'When the world is at it's darkest, look for the heroes. If you can't find one, be one.' There might be plenty of heroes here, at this school of oddities. But this time it was his turn. His own slice of redemption. He plunges, willing himself to go faster, for his wavelength to be stronger. To reach her more quickly. To pull her from this hellish place. It occurs to him he hasn't the slightest idea how to remove this poison, but it doesn't matter. His hand is likely dwarfed by the one it clasps, as he comes to the surface of the fetid black lake."Alright, I'm here! Hold on, I'm probably going to need you to fight this!" He immediately starts to pull, while reaching deep within his wounded, untrained soul, to pour out as much of his wavelength as he can. He tries not to be disheartened by how deep she's in already."Turn this darkness into light! Damn it Kalin, what are you good for if not this?" He growled in frustration at his rate of progress. "You're a one trick pony, so you better at least get this right! No. I'm going to get this right."

Skyler Emerson

Skyler's eyes slowly opened. His head was hurting, and he let out a quiet groan, his hand instinctively going to his head, holding it.
'Ow... what happened?...' His eyes slowly became accustomed to the images around and he realized he was sitting near a stand. No blood on the ground, so he wasn't injured. No wound, so he wasn't hurt. His stomach growled, and he realized what happened. '...I'll never skip meals...'

Sky felt a little ashamed of this, as he scrambled to his feet.
'Good side of this is that I have to faint to not get those horrible dreams.' He smiled to himself a little, slowly walking around, trying to look for Jessyka and the others. Seeing a small light and some people standing around it, Skyler went towards them, walking slightly normal.

There was some joy when he saw Jessyka between them, but he knew she would be mad at him, so he taught what he was going to say.
'To tell her that I didn't eat means she will be even more mad at me. Saying I fainted might paint me as a coward. There is no way out of this isn't there?' He placed his hand on his chin, starting to think, letting out a small grunt.

@DaughterofAthena

Luxe Rosenfield

Luxe grinned, sitting across from Naia with his legs crossed beneath him. "I agree. We should still try to lend a hand. However...."

Outside of the soul space, Luxe dashed forward, grasping Xander's blackening weapon firmly. Luxe felt sick just from making contact with Lexie, but regardless he closed his eyes and focused.

"I can't think of many ways to help, other than to dive in and hope I don't get lost. I can't ask you to follow me, so if you feel like it's too much, don't feel bad about letting go...but wish me luck, either way!"

With one more smile and a nervous laugh, Luxe attempted to step out of their spul space...

And was knocked back, landing on his bottom with a groan of discomfort.
"Oh! Okay, yeah, that won't work. Not fun at all. Let's just...both stay here, and hope for the best, eh?"

@Cecilia @DaughterofAthena @Deadeyelee @QuirkyAngel

Keziah Swan

Keziah’s head flared down quickly as she heard a question directed her way. At first her gaze was solidified into a fierce glare but as soon as she had a moment to realize who it was standing in front of her, that expression softened, not out of any care for Saiken. Rather, it was merely out of knowledge that he was blind and could not see her glare no matter how much effort she deemed appropriate to filter into such a gaze.

“What mess!?” Keziah scoffed in reply before granting herself a quick chuckle. “I know you’re blind but I didn’t think you’d also be oblivious. Apparently I was mistaken.” Pride seeped into her voice as she layered subtle insults into her words. “The Edolas Box was opened. Poltergeists were released. Jessyka went to retrieve the box and we’re working on drawing them back into confinement.”

Her eyes glanced up and down Saiken just once before she turned away from him, calling out to anyone and everyone who could possibly hear her.
“Well, if no one’s coming, I’ll take care of it myself. No one’s going to blame me when the city blows up after we didn’t catch them all, though!” Clear irritation in her voice, Keziah rested the shaft of Warren’s weapon form on her shoulder as she took the Edolas Box with her and ran into the streets of the city, determined to collect as many of the escaped ethereal creatures as she could.

@Lilllysaurus Rex

Alexis “Lexie” Traynor

Though she could not physically see him, Lexie could tell when Kalin returned. His mere presence was a light within her soul, a soul that had been infested with a black darkness and a soul that needed to be purged of that ever thickening tar in which she was buried.

‘Come on, Lex,’ her thoughts echoed throughout the space. ‘Clearly someone thinks you’re worth saving and that means you’ve gotta try to break free too!’ A determination that hadn’t quite been there upon their last encounter now seared throughout the whole space.

Simultaneously, a whisp of teal swirled around Kalin. It’s shimmering brilliance seemed to slip from her palm in the instant before he clasped her hand and it coiled around his soul. Warming it, embracing it, the little whisp seemed to do everything it could to give him evidence of the strength he truly possessed.
‘You may not be Galahad himself, but here, you’re still a knight. The fact that you came back is proof of that.’ It was as though her soul had been able to sense his doubt and did everything to smite it where he hovered.

As his hand closed around hers, Lexie’s hand grabbed his and as he pulled her out, she also pulled. A brilliant spark of light jolted at their hands and erupted through the blackness. He had done exactly as he had told himself to do. The darkness became light. Around Kalin’s body clapped shining silver armor as Lexie’s body removed easily from the water that the tar had become - clean, pure, untarnished. Nothing clung her within its depths any longer.

Now freed, the entire space seemed to explode. Air compressed and then expanded, sending the two of them flying in opposite directions as it was no longer her soul space, but the real space, the real world. The bow staff that she had been was no longer its weapon. Instead her body lay collapsed on the ground, the steady rise and fall of her chest evidence enough that she’d been saved although her eyes remained shut. Kalin, for his part, was also sent tumbling back just slightly, no longer having his body crushing over her form.

@Deadeyelee

Jessyka Volontari

Jessyka sighed, a wave of relief washing over her as she saw that the Edolas Box she’d retrieved was, in fact, efficient, at eating up most of the ghosts that had consumed the square. She found herself walking back over to where the concession stand had been and she reached across the counter to snatch up a bag of chips and a bottle of water, presuming she had earned at least that much for saving a whole bunch of people.

Her eyes briefly watched for the boy who had followed her to the academy though she didn’t see him anymore.
‘Hmm… curious. He told me not to wait up for him so I guess that’s that.’

As her eyes continued scanning, she allowed them to fall on where Skyler had been the last time she remembered seeing him. Much to her surprise, he stood right where she remembered leaving him. She didn’t know what had happened in between. All Jessyka remembered was that she had asked him to follow her, he hadn’t, and she’d went on without him because the mission was too important to wait.

Eyes settled into a glare.
“I could’ve used your help, you know!”

@AnnoDomini

Naia Mahiʻai

Naia nodded and waited for Luxe to supposedly disappear from the soul space into the black outside. That did not happen, hence why her partner was now resting on his probably sore rump in front of her and still inside their shared space. "Are you alright?" She questioned, then stopped to listen. "We could do that, I like it here..." She started to reply, just lightly smiling, "But there's still more chaos outside yet. I think Keziah was calling for assistance earl-" She cut herself off there, to note the state of things in reality.

It seemed Kalin had thankfully been successful in saving Lexie, and the weapons split apart. Lexie lay as a human on the ground, while Kalin had been knocked back a bit. Luxe's grip on Lexie probably no longer existed, for there was no weapon to hold onto anymore.
"He got her out, good. I do hope she's going to be alright." She mused with a slightly relieved tone. "As I was saying, we could stay here as you said, or go join Keziah. It seems they have things handled here, and it's high time to round up to spirits running wild." She finished with a shrug. She personally didn't care what they did from there, Lexie was safe, albeit unconscious, and Jack was for the most part restraining the injured Xander. Her biggest concern had been rectified, and she was now back to going with the flow of things.

She fixed her gaze onto Luxe, mostly waiting for his thoughts on the matter of what came next. She kept a part of her attention on the group around them, in case of new changes and her thoughts seemed to linger on Lexie and how she was doing for a long while. Then, she changed her thinking.
'Why did they feel the need to let these awful spirits loose on the world? Why cause so much chaos and hurt?' She wondered to herself silently, a question to be left unanswered for the time being, and one others might also carry.

-|| Location: City Square -||- Partner: Luxe (Temporarily) -||- Classification: NOT Weapon -||- Mentions:

@Kalin Scarlet -||-

Luxe Rosenfield

Luxe stepped away from Xander as Lexie was freed, the only physical indication that he'd done something stupid was a minor headache.

Looking around, he saw other Meister's getting to work dealing with the gho-

W-wait... those...th-th-those things w-were ghosts!?

"Hehe, well, I think we should just rest. My head feels like its about to split, and hey, everyone else is handling it, no real reason to get in their way, hehe he, nope, no reason at all."

Luxe giggled nervously, looking towards Naia with beads of sweat pouring down the sides of his face. As he thought about how many had nearly touched him, he nearly jumped right out his skin, but...seeing how calm Naia was helped him to catch his breath. With a sigh, he shook his head.

"Uhm..sorry, Naia."

In his real body, Luxe walked towards the trees.

@Cecilia

Epilogue

The mess of the concert slowly started to wrap itself up and pull the scattered pieces into something sentient. The poltergeists were sucked into the Edolas Box. Keziah ran rampant throughout the city, gathering any of those that remained and watching as the scattered soul remains were drawn into confinement.

Teachers from the DWMA showed up as well. Though Lord Death himself was mysteriously absent, Professor Miyoko, Professor Hakoda, Professor Hiro and all the other available academy staff ensured that any injured were brought to receive proper aid.

Though Lexie did not wake up over the evening at all, she was safely escorted to the Dispensary and placed under Nadia’s care.

As Xander’s soul was separated from Lexie’s, his body vanished as death claimed the boy who had been through so much strife and pain, only to cause more of it to those around him. Professor Miyoko locked his soul, saving it for the one person who had any right to absorb it - his sister. Though nothing could be done until she woke up, everyone agreed that it was rightfully hers. Miyoko and Hakoda together silenced anyone who objected.

Students were informed that they could stay and help to clean up the mess of the stage that the fighting had left behind if they desired or wished, though no one was required to. Everyone had done more than enough as it was. Everyone would have the weekend to recover and the weekend to contemplate.

The End of Summer Concert event is over. You are free to write your own epilogues if you wish. The thread will remain active until Friday, June 17th and then it will be archived and closed. Let me know if you have any questions.

Also, please see the school wide announcement in the
Current Events thread.

Jack's Epilogue

Jack stared at his empty hands as Xander’s body vanished, leaving behind only his tainted soul. He didn’t protest when the teachers locked away the wayward student’s soul, saving it for the person they claimed deserved it most. He hardly even noticed when they arrived. It was the first time Jack had seen someone die, let alone die in his arms. He had been holding onto—restraining—a dead man. The thought made him ill. Repressing the urge to heave, Jack stiffened when he felt a hand on his shoulder.

“You alright?”

Ella. He didn’t want her to see him weak. Nor Kalin for that matter. The black haired boy forced a smile. He wasn’t sad per say. He knew neither Xander nor Lexie particularly well. Their relationship wasn’t something Jack could comprehend—nor was it something he even wanted to. Slipping a hand into the pocket of his blazer, Jack rolled his die in his palm, the familiar cube providing comfort. Yet when Jack removed his hand it wasn’t his die he pulled out but a pair of glasses. He placed his perception-blocking lenses back on his face.

“Why wouldn’t I be? We’d won the game, beat the boss, and saved the weapon.”

“G-game?” Ella sputtered. The fury in her eyes was clear. “This was no game! Lives were at stake!”

“Sorry…”

“You should be! Do you have any idea how lucky you were? I don’t know how you managed to defeat Dynamite, but—,”

“I didn’t,”
Jack interrupted his cousin’s rant. He glanced towards the dark haired meister wielding a great bow. They’d been the one to deal the finishing blows to Xander. Ella seemed to get the message even without Jack saying anything. She gave the pair nods of gratitude before rounding back on the NOT student wearing a bowler hat. However, Jack simply shook his head “I’ll listen to you later. I have to check on Kalin.”

The fifteen year old meister made his way to his partner, not too eager to join Keziah in collecting the rest of the poltergeist. He was a NOT student, part of the non-combat class. The responsibility of protecting the city didn’t fall on him. Fortunately. There was no way he could fight without Kalin anyway. Jack refused to partner with any weapon besides the crazy boy his die had chosen for him. It had nothing to do with inability. Rather more to do with respect. For his chosen partner, the connection they shared, and—of course—his die.

“You did it Galahad. You saved her.”

Kalin couldn’t hear him. The blonde boy was unconscious—likely worn from rescuing Lexie’s soul. Crouching beside his partner, Jack checked to see if the smaller boy was injured in any way before wrapping the boy’s arm around his shoulder and carrying the unconscious kid piggy-back style to where the teachers were escorting Lexie to the Dispensary. It was better to get Miss Nadia’s full assessment. Besides, Jack was certain that when Kalin woke up, the first thing the short sword would ask about is Lexie’s condition. That was just the sort of guy his partner was. Jack sighed. Who would’ve thought that a simple concert would turn out to be so eventful? Ghosts. Witches. A couple of Kishin Egg souls—one of which was even a student of DWMA.

“Looks like DWMA isn’t as safe as we all thought,” Jack mused. Xander had been a student, one of DWMA . Yet his soul had become corrupted. Even worse, he tried to corrupt his weapon as well. The question that bugged Jack’s mind was who had made Xander corrupted. Who gave him power? Jack had thought it was a witch. Yet when Jack asked Xander, the older boy hadn’t responded. He’d only left behind a cryptic warning. Shifting Kalin slightly, Jack reached into his pocket and withdrew his die. “Even, I tell one of the teachers about this. Odd, I research this on my own.”

[dice]23664[/dice]

“Hmmm, trust DWMA huh?”

Pocketing the die, Jack readjusted Kalin and continued towards this destination, his eyes flickering over the teachers who’d arrived to help clean up the mess. Violet orbs glanced at each one before settling on Hakoda. Jack didn’t particularly like the man. Professor Fuller reminded him of his uncle. However, it was for that very reason that Jack found himself making a brief detour in the Sergeant’s direction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back