End of Summer Concert

Felix

Such a tiresome and noisy affair was not his 'cup of tea', but the young frog was contented to people watch, and focus on improving his focus from a roof top with a hot cup of aforementioned tea after a long week of classes. Not that he had found this weak of classes difficult. No, he expected the gap between N.O.T and E.A.T. to be much wider than it actually was.

Still, it didn't help that he'd yet to find a partner since he and his trusty spear had a sort of falling out. Well, he preferred to think of it that way. The alternative was to accept that he, of all people, was ditched for some biceps for brains brute. It was his loss. But that's fine. This time he would be more careful about his selection of a partner. He took notes on the mingling souls, taking great interest in the outliers. He didn't know enough of these people. Here, in this environment, participant's true nature would be revealed.

He took a long sip of his tea, groaning as the band began to play. The music of vagrants and hooligans. It's probably a good thing he locked up his bike. He suddenly frowns. A subconscious alarm bell goes off as he studies the crowd. He didn't like something about it.
But what? The damaged soul? Despite the potential, that didn't really bother him. The strange hybrid? No, she was harmless as well. Forgot her name. The strange...What even is that thing? N-No...she's a student too. Is that parasite-growth thing a stud- That's not important. He shook his head, refocusing. He began to study the layout...and then the path up to the stage. Attackers? Why would anyone attack a concert besides to spread general terror? He closed his eyes, trying to recall and bring forth whatever his absent mind had pulled together. Kidnappers? Why wait till everyone is in one place?

Nothing,

Yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hotaru Yukishiro

It was doubtful any of them would take kindly to her laughing at Kalin's rightfully placed paranoia, but Hotaru couldn't stop the burst of laughter from coming out at the sight of him testing the lollipop for poison of all things. As if she was some sort of amateur assassin! Hah! She smothered more giggles just at the thought of it. Overtly giving a poison-laced lollipop with witnesses who could pin his death on her? If she wanted to kill him, which she didn't, she wouldn't be so stupid. Anyway, her tricks were never lethal, only a nuisance. He would know as soon as he had a taste. She was just happy to savor the anticipation of when he found it. The payoff was always worth the wait.

Brightening at the confirmation that her guess was right, she said,
"The only options were excessively young or on the brink of teenagehood. You couldn't be younger than eleven, so that left me with choosing between twelve and fourteen. And thirteen-year-olds have their own brand of obnoxiousness and peculiarities that you fit neatly in. Anyone could have guessed." She paused, tapping her cheek thoughtfully. She added, "Also, you're short but have no Napolean complex so..." Hearing him apologize for his reaction though almost made Hotaru feel bad. But only a little.

And Aiko! So more sensitive than what she remembered. She would've said something to patch up her dented ego, but Ella clearly had that down. Plus, comforting someone? A bad idea now that she thought about it. Better for all parties to avoid. Where was an abrasive and witty bantering partner when she wanted one? Maybe she'd go on a scavenger hunt for one later.

"Girls make plenty of sense, Jack. You just have to keep up." She winked and took her popcorn back. "Oh Aiko, your talents lie not in conversation but elsewhere. Worry not, I'll pick up the slack on your end of this confab of ours." Another wink paired with a kernel flicked into her mouth.

Aiko_Selmatu-Banner_zpsbqnor5qt.jpg

Aiko looked at Ella as she felt her hand on hers. She blinked seeming a bit surprised. Her 'plotting' all but vanishing for the moment. She smiled brightly giving a nod in response as her tone shifted completely. Fortunately her 'wrath' was something that could be very easily quelled, at least to some extent. She gave a light nod in response listening to Ella mention her cousin and her partner.

"Ooo! I see! Alright I gotcha! Hehe they are both charming!" She spoke with a light smile as she couldn't help but look to Kalin. Her eyes lingered on his face and the drink Ella had given him. Her lips were curved as she held back from bursting out in laughter knowing what was coming. She kept quiet wanting to see it all. In the end it was the reactions she cared most for, and what was to come was likely going to be better then any sort of playful teasing she could do.

She blinked watching as Ella leaned in to whisper into her ear. A grin quickly filled her lips as she nodded a little in response. It could be fun going with someone else to tease some other guys! She giggled a little bit nodding excitedly.

"Yes! Lets. I'm sure with someone as beautiful as me partnered with a fellow looker, we can find a lot of people who will fumble over to talk with us." She spoke in a more hushed tone with a wide grin plastered on her face. It was great to have someone around who had a similar mindset as herself. She wasn't trying to actually find a guy to be with her after all, it was the game that was the fun part for her. Sharing the attention with someone else as partners didn't in the least bit bother her. Her jubilation was completely back, though a familiar voice somewhat interrupted it.

"Oh? I mean little parlor tricks I guess I am not good at. I'm all about doing for real and showing just how good I am. I'll leave the need for trickier for you." She spoke as a new sense of vigor filled her with a much more proper retaliation prepared to jab back at her. She smirked keeping her groove again as she gently grasped out Ella's arm, pulling the girl with her excitedly to go around to see what fun the two could find with so many people around.

@QuirkyAngel @Cephalo @Deadeyelee

Kalin

Kalin gratefully accepted the sports drink with a series of frantic nods,struggling with the cap for a few moments, and likely causing some slight abrasions on his hand. In all of his 'excitement' about attending the concert, one thing had escaped his list. Hydration. How could he have been so feeble-minded? Without bothering to discern the contents of the bottle, he quickly began to chug it's contents, for all of two seconds. In an utterly horrendous display, about a quarter of what he managed to drink spewed from his mouth like the acidic roar of a black dragon, the bottle flying from his hand, and into the air.

The tears, once restrained to the corner of his eyes, now stream down his face. The burning feeling tears up to his sinuses, causing his nose to run and oddly enough, bleed, in addition the raging inferno in his mouth and throat. Why is this happening to me? I look like a fool. I'm making a scene. I want to curl in ball and die.

Kalin is a mess. He kind of squats, holding his head and shielding his face, crumpling from his own distorted perception of the amount of embarrassment and disapproval that's been heaved upon him. Stand Up. You're ruining everyone's fun. I don't care. That's a Lie. It's too loud, there's too many people. There's also music. You like this music. So? What about Jack? You came here with him? You're going to cause him trouble? It's what I do. Don't be like this, you aren't even in pain. This is nothing. You've dealt with so much worse. You can handle this.

After a few moments of not responding to anything anyone said or did, he rose shakily. "S-Sorry...I'm ok now..."

Keanehan Diam

Sitting in his room sketching various classmates and those who partnered with them. It was an odd fixation he had, the people he worked with. He knew none of them really, but there was this string that made him want to pick each one apart. As terrible as that sounds, he meant them no true harm. He was just curious. He wanted to see the splendor of the human soul unraveled on the stage known as life. Unfortunately this "splendor", eluded even his realm of definition. What was this "splendor" he sought? Where did it lie? In their action? In their emotions? Did it lie in their physical, mental, or emotional being? One thing was for certain, wherever it lay he wanted to find it and in turn allow himself the freedom to express it.

He stopped drawing to look at his workshop table off to the side. It was filled with little trinket and gadgets that the boy had been working on. One particular gadget was a small bladed bulb. Odd in design, but effective when used properly. At least it would be, if he could find a way to power it. Electricity would not do and it only seemed to respond to soul based influences.

Getting up he went to trace his hands over the strewn about parts and pieces before stopping on the bladed contraption. He waved his hand over it with his wavelength shooting into the gemstone in the middle of the gadget. This lead to it whirring slightly before dying back out. "Is my output too weak?" He wondered, before remembering Nadia's training. "Or perhaps...too high?" He looked to try once more, but he pulled back and sighed. "Not now." There was a more pressing matter to deal with.

He could see lights and hear the rumble of a crowd coming from the concert square. He let the thought of going roll around his mind. "What could I accomplish by going? What could I accomplish by not going?" He thought aloud. "I could make friends, or see how the girls are doing. Or I could stay here and work on my projects."

With an almost stereotypical roll of the eyes he went to his closet and took out an ironed white button up, a vest with orange and purple lining along the seams, and a black tie. He decided to put on jeans and a nice pair of sneakers. Typically he'd wear all formal, but it was warm out and if anything were to happen, he'd be able to fight with minimal discomfort. He topped off his outfit with his trademark black scarf and the pocket watch.

"Hopefully this is satisfactory," he said to himself before taking off out of the door.

As he walked the city he could hear the roar of the crowd and the band's music. "It would appear that I am late. How perfectly terrible of me. I do hope I'm able to enjoy the next set," He spoke, darting off toward the concert.

Once inside he looked about the more than lively crowd. Filled with classmates from all parts of the DWMA. He walked the crowd and eventually bumped into a familiar set of twins. "My apologies," He gave with a bow.

@Kaine

tumblr_static_80nkssdsmlss0sccwwg4g8okw.png

Undirection

The band continued playing. Songs flowed together seamlessly, almost as though they were trying to put on the best show that they imagined they could possibly present. Finally, it seemed it was the last song of their set. It had come and gone by so quickly, but the show had been amazing. And they were only the first of the night… it left imaginations open to what Walk the Bleeding Moon had in store for the stage.

“Alright ladies and gentlemen,” the lead singer began as he stepped up to the microphone. “It has been an absolute pleasure to entertain you tonight and I hope you’ve enjoyed the show as much we’ve enjoyed performing. It truly is a pleasure to be here with you in Death City! Never imagined I’d say I had the honor of playing for the Grim Reaper’s students but now I can!” Crowds cheered as he paused, giving them a moment to calm themselves as he had fully intended to get them all excited and worked up.

“Now… we do have one final number we’d like to play for you wonderful people and if I could be so bold…” The lead singer jumped off of the stage as he said it. He stood inches from the crowd as the hands of screaming fans reached out to try and touch him. He chuckled. “I’d like to think I’ve got some ladies out there who need a reminder…” Pausing, he made eye contact with a few of them. “Because I don’t think you know you’re beautiful.” Smiles flooded the faces of anyone and everyone as he sprung into the crowd, stage guards on his left and right as seas parted for him.

[media]

[/media]

Holding the microphone in one hand and reaching out with the other, nearly everyone in the crowd had a chance to touch him. Touching a legend… wasn’t that something? Stopping in the middle of the crowd, he bent down and extended a hand to someone who thus far hadn’t been seen. It was Emma and she looked up, eyes wide and mouth agape, at the sight of him standing right in front of her. Wiping her tears away, she took his hand and he continued singing. She even got the honor of walking alongside him as he continued to weave through the crowds. And in the end, as he climbed back up on stage, Emma got to go with him. Actually, he was singing straight to her. The smile on her face was irreplaceable.

“That’s what makes you beau-ti-ful!”

Lights flickered off, the center square went dark. Fireworks shot into the sky. Cascading light consumed the black. It was wonderful.

Nicolas Kye

Within the fireworks, something could be seen overshadowing the DWMA. Nicolas saw it. In the loudness of the cheering, his eyes had not been distracted by explosions of light and within that absence of distraction, he saw it. A rising wall of white seemed to grow out of the DWMA as it washed out the starlight in the sky. It veiled the streetlights, growing more and more vast as it spread through the air, parasitically eating away all the shine.

Nicolas’s hand went to his wife’s shoulder as he stood himself up, using her as a crutch because he literally didn’t think to pick his own up off the ground in that moment in time. “EVERYBODY GET DOWN!” his voice shouted it over the crowds as others just barely started to notice the approaching cloud.

75eb7a12e4671423b0d1a21b686848c7.jpg
Moments after he shouted it, the cloud seemed to swoop down into the crowd and then it became clear that it was not merely a cloud. Ghosts flew within it. Some of their beings swept straight through those within the crowd, leaving them pale white afterwards - not gone, not hurt but faint… as though their essence had been washed dry and needed to be replenished. People started running, screaming, and one scream seemed to cry out through all the others.

It was Emma Kye.

Chaos had consumed not only the crowds, but the stage as well. Ghosts was not an adequate term for what they now faced. Poltergeist was far better a term as it seemed they could touch any object in their path. Picking up guitars, they whipped them around like toys and some even started moving of their own accord in the mass of things. Whether it was magic or some being that couldn't be seen remained unclear. And in that massive mess of no control, Emma got whacked, flying off the stage into the screaming crowd.

“EMMA!” There was no way Nicolas would fail to recognize the screams of his daughter.

Keziah Swan

Her head ducked down at the sound of a scream, an order, a command. Black hair flinging up and over her head like a whip, it seemed to take on an entirely different color when a ghost flew through it, stealing its darkness and leaving it a pale silver-white. She didn’t even seem to notice, though. Instincts kicked in. Her body moved of it’s own accord. Such was the grace of Keziah Swan.

Feet carried her away, and she made her way to the man who had noticed first. In fact, she recognized him. Every now and then, he made visits to Lord Death within the academy. If she remembered correctly, he was a former teacher although his disability made it impossible to continue such a line of work. Hearing him scream, her eyes turned to the crowd, searching for the girl he yelled to. She didn’t see one who stood out. The audience was too wild. Instead, her attention returned to Nicolas Kye.

“What are we dealing with here?” she asked, her voice urgent as she reached down and grabbed his crutch, offering it to him.

His attention snapped. Eyes flickered to the girl - the student - and he realized that they just might have enough of them present to save the city. “The Edolas Box… the last mission I completed in Death’s service,” he explained. “Someone must have opened it and set them free. The longer they remain in the world, the more they can touch.”

“Yes, yes, that’s all fine and dandy, but what do we DO about them?” Keziah interrupted, urging him to offer a way to fight.

“Your soul… it paralyzes them.”

Keziah nodded. “Got it.” She turned, prepared to charge into the crowd as her electric wavelength charged in her hand, streaks of blue lightning leaping from her palm and zapping any of the beings that strayed near.

“Wait!” Nicolas called out to her. “My daugher… I heard her scream…”

Nodding, Keziah reassured him. “I will find her.” Turning, she didn’t hold back now. Running into the crowd, her voice echoed loud, taking charge of the situation. “ALRIGHT EVERYONE! EITHER FIGHT OR GET PEOPLE OUT! NO MIDDLE GROUND! WARREN, WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU!?” Orders had been given. Now it was time to follow through.

So… there’s a bunch of poltergeists running around. You can take whatever descriptive liberties you wish and I won’t mind too much. They can touch solid objects (like guitars, normal weapons, bars, lights from the stage, food, beverages… etc.) but they cannot touch a human body - they will go right through it. Likewise, your characters cannot touch them.

To hurt them, it requires some amount of soul energy and even then, it only paralyzes them. Resonance would leave them frozen indefinitely for the ones your resonance touches. Any weapon could freeze them for a brief moment simply by hitting them in weapon form (i.e. a shot from Skyler’s pistol form, a direct hit from Ella or Thalia being thrown, a smack with Warren as a mace…). Soul force’s effect is very subjective. Note that Professor Fuller could freeze the whole cloud for about a minute with a direct soul menace.

If you don’t want to / can’t fight, get civilians out. Make people up. I don’t mind. Someone does need to find Emma and Ross and there will be more fun things ensuing soon.

If you are lost or have questions, ask in the OOC.

Warren Langston

As Warren watched the two girls, entirely expecting them to be baffled and awestruck by the fact that they were merely standing in his presence, he found that they seemed to have a very different reaction. It was one that he, himself, found rather odd at first and his mind was running in a couple very weird directions at the same time. ‘Wait.. what? No… what… stop… no, don’t stop…’

Standing there in front of them, Warren’s jaw dropped, mouth agape and drooling for a moment as a tint of pink flushed into his cheeks at the sight of their seemingly intentional and entirely seductive dance. And that was the way he stood for a moment longer, too. He stood like that - like a little idiot - up until the point where Sarah spoke. That snapped him out of it although it was probably entirely unintentional on her part.

“NO!” His outburst almost sounded like a whining child. “No, no, no! This isn’t your show! It’s mine!” Stomping his feep in a fit, Warren frowned immensely. “I’ll show everyone here what an awesome show I can put on. Just you wait!” With that, the boy stormed off rather unhappily although it really left one wondering what he intended to do next.

Or maybe not. The moment the boy walked off, he found himself face to face with one of the Undirection security guards and he found himself being shoved away from the stage, landing flat on the ground with an “Umph!” Warren really was having a wonderful time… right?

Then came the fireworks. Then the cheering. Then the screaming.

His head jerked up as he brushed himself off. ‘What the…?’ He heard the order to get down and Warren dropped again, once again coating himself in a layer of dust before he stood up and realized that they were surrounded by ghosts who seemed to be making a wreck of the place. A smirk spread across his face as he almost snickered. ‘Now I can really put on a show…’

Partially transforming his arm into the head of a morningstar, Warren threw the little spiked ball violently around him as he was surrounded by his own white cloud that tried to consume him. The spikes hit; Warren could see it. But the didn’t seem to have any effect and it left the boy entirely confused. That wasn’t how it was supposed to work.

Finally, he heard Keziah’s scream and he ran towards it. Jumping up, Warren yelled loudly, “I’m right where you need me. Time to put on a show!”

@Kaine @DaughterofAthena

Sarah Sparks, Lauren Sparks & Keanehan Diam

-:- Listening to the Concert -:-

Star struck, bedazzled, and googly eyed. Sarah’s eyes narrowed as Warren was right where she wanted him. Though, she had no real plans once he was here and as she cracked a smile at his cute reaction, he seemed to get over himself. Lauren backed up a step pushing Sarah. His voice snapped Lauren out of her trance and she was relatively confused when Warren turned and stormed off. Even more so by the fact that her sister, Sarah was basically groping her.

Sissy~” Lauren whined, pulling her sister’s arms from around her as she turned to face Sarah. Both of them stared eye to eye for a moment for giggling. This was just too much fun to be serious or mad at anything and the girls started dancing again before a person bumped into them again. This was to be expected and the girls paid little attention until the person spoke to them.

My apologies. Said the man, with a bow.

Lauren turned and had no idea who he was, or why he was being so courteous, or even why he was bowing. Sarah , looking over her sister’s shoulder recognized him immediately.

It’s OK don’t worr…

KEANE!!” Sarah squealed and rushed passed her sister and leaped slightly wrapping her arms around Keane’s neck. Her cheek pressed against his for just a moment, but long enough to share some of her glitter.

Lauren just kind of stared at her sister. “
Who is this?

It was a rather odd sensation-- being hugged. It wasn’t exactly something he was familiar with, especially one from a woman and one so warm at that.
‘She’s embraced me. Why?’ He thought to himself, legitimately confused by her actions. It wasn’t until he put more thought into who was hugging him that it finally clicked in his brain. “Ahh, yes. Miss Sparks. You are well I hope,” He spoke trying to return the hug as best as his inexperienced body could.

After a few more moments of returning the embrace he let go and turned his attention to the other young lady. With a bow, he greeted her. “
It is a pleasure to see you up and moving again, miss. I am Keanehan Diam.

There was no need for Sarah to answer, because Keane himself had answered for her; like a true gentleman. Lauren just laughed slightly before realizing he was the one who her sister had said rescued her during her accident with Dakota. This was the first time meeting and surprisingly he was very pleasing on the eyes. At least in this concert lighting it kind of made Keane appear more dreamy than she imagined beforehand. Letting out a soft sigh, she took step up to her sister and rested her head on Sarah’s shoulder and placed her left hand on her sisters hip so she wouldn’t move.

Lauren was still in kind of a daze. Almost a high like state. While a moment ago she was chatty and excited, now she was once again, enthralled by the music playing and the pretty boy standing before her. Even Sarah didn’t know how to react at this point. They were fine dancing with one another, but when it came to someone else…

Twisting and pulling away from Lauren, Sarah said, “
Imma go see if I can get closer.” And before anyone could administer a response, she pushed at the base of Lauren’s back. It tossed her off balance and she tripped falling against Keane. Her head gently hitting his shoulder, and both her hands touching his chest to keep her from going any farther. Shocked for a moment she looked up and he was right… freakin… there…

The glimmer of his skin, softness of his lips and his eyes. Most beautiful she had the pleasure of ever seeing. She swallowed, hard. Her face flushed, just adding to the appeal of her glitter and quickly she pushed off him and took a step back.

I... I… I…” She tried to apologize but couldn’t.

The other, the one known as Lauren, had embraced him this time. But this time it was less deliberate. No….she fell, more so she had tripped. As she fell into him he made it a point to brace his legs, just incase she came in wrong. Fortunately enough they remained relatively balanced.

As she backed away from him and began stammering the amber haired boy couldn’t help but tilt his head in curiousity. “
Is something the matter?” He asked stepping up to her and examining her face closely. “You seem a bit out of sorts. Feeling dazed, perhaps?” His eyes traced her skin. She didn’t look pale, but definitely flushed. Almost as if a wave of heat had washed over her. ‘How odd…

In that moment the band had stopped playing their song and switched to a more ‘romantic’ song. An almost unusual change of pace to this weapon’s mind.

Pushing through the crowd, Sarah forced her way, person by person to the front of the crowd. For a second it was like she heard a cry. Sarah turned and looked, but with all the people, the noise and the lighten there was nothing to be found. After what felt like eternity, and as a slow song seemed to begin, she reached the front. Many were now standing and she made short work of them. Even the security making sure she didn’t jump seemed to not care, so what the hell. Sarah jumped, cupped her mouth and screamed joyfulness at the band

He was right… there… His breath could be felt pushing against her own. It was about as erratic as her own breathing. Her heart was racing, pounding against her chest. She went to take a step back and found that she couldn’t. As much as she wanted to escape, Lauren also wanted to be right where she was. Why?
Why?!

We are here to start something new, to make new memories and to experience new things, to never look back and to always move forward. Sarah’s voice just repeated in her head. Over and over and over. It was this. It was here. It was now. With someone cute, with those eyes, someone who rescued her, who seemed to care. Something that felt so right. Everything was on the line. Lauren would not back down. Not now.

Leaning in, her head tilted up slightly, she closed her eyes, parted her lips ever so slightly and planted them perfectly yet gently against Keane’s. Their shape contouring to one another, his nose gently brushing against her own.

It was exhilarating.

It was delicious.

It was everything.

She could feel the gloss of her lips between them. The warmth of his against hers, her breathing even her heart. It all seemed to stop for that moment in time.

Tonight was filled with an assortment of new sensations and situations that he had never been in. From this being his first public outing, to the first time someone had ever hugged him in sheer joy. And now, his first kiss. A night of firsts for him, you could say. How was he to react? There was no book he had ever read on this. He knew the science behind what was happening, certainly….but science didn’t always explain motives.

At first he thought he had suddenly began suffocating and then, after deducing that is was a bit too wet for that, drowning. Fortunately enough for him, it was neither. Unfortunately it was something that he didn’t know how to respond to. The affection of another. This was alien in more ways than one. The feeling of another’s lips against his, both soft and warm. Both gentle, yet firm. It was a set of combinations that made him unable to think properly.

As he saw it, nothing kept him there. She wasn’t holding him, forcing him to stay, but something else did. And the fact that he couldn’t pinpoint exactly what it was filled him with an emotion. Fear….

After what felt like an eternity, her own body weight simply came back to the ground, pulling her from him. The only thing really connecting them at a single point; their lips. As she stood back, without yet opening her eyes, her lips parted and she inhaled a staggered breath, and then her eyes opened to look up at Keane.

One could say that it was not what she expected, but then what was there to expect? His eyes were just like hers. They looked normal, color, size, depth, yet somehow the both of them had a shine. Not something others could see, only them. His expression, was soft. Not angry, blank or sad. Something that at that very moment, Only she could see in Keane. Lauren’s own expression was the same, yet held more depth, as if something sparked. Her face showed, even if Keane couldn’t read it yet.

Sarah on the other hand was ecstatic when the song changed the the lead singer jumped down off the stage after talking and came
right up to her. Both her hands got to touch his. She screamed with all the other girls who were there to see him. After singing with the song and watching and jumping and overall just being super excited the singer finally came back with a little girl in hand. Getting up on stage his song was directed right at her, the little girl and Sarah just couldn’t help but be happy. Sure she was a little jealous that it wasn’t her up there, but this was easily the best night of her entire life.

There was something about what had happened and the look on this girl’s face that had Keane puzzled. She had pulled back, staring at him now. As his face had yet to form much more than a softer version of its usual blankness. '
What….? Why….? The motive…..?’ He wasn’t seeing any of it. No rhyme. No reason. No forethought. No inkling to justify her forwardness. While the majesty of a kiss was something that was somewhat lost on him, the feeling was not. Surprisingly enough he felt a tug, and that scared him.

He looked down at his lip’s assailant and stepped to her, a question boring into her. He opened his mouth to speak. “
Why-?” He was only barely able to get out before hearing the yell of man ordering everyone to get down. In that moment Keanehan snapped back to his normal self and tackled Lauren, making sure to keep her completely under him.

He watched as white wisps phased through both man and object alike, turning people pale and objects sinister. “
This is certainly going to prove most tedious,” He commented before lifting himself and Lauren off of the ground. Just then the instructions on how to delay the onslaught was given. And for Keanehan this was good news, because control wasn’t emphasized. “Miss Sparks, are you able to fight?

It all happened so fast, the good and now the bad, Him on top of her. The ground came fast and lucky she didn’t hit her head. Actually she was rather cushioned by the whole thing, or rather by him. Once again she found herself close to him and before any of it could register she was back up on her feet.

Wait what? Fight? “
Fight? What? No… Wait.” Looking around she tried to grasp the situation. People screaming, running and turning… pale? Lauren had to shake her head to snap back into reality. This was reality. This was their new life. Without meaning to she grabbed onto Keane’s shirt. “No, but I need to find my sister.” She started off towards the stage, pulling Keane with her.

Between the people, white as ghosts, dropping to the ground, guitars wailing through the air like planes and other objects turning into deadly weapons, Sarah was pretty much at a loss for words. Which actually was fine, since actions spoke louder than words. Quickly she pushed a few of the onlookers to the ground, allowing them to dodge a ghost like spirit thing. But it was the scream that locked her attention to the stage.

The girl, that moments ago had been thrilled about being sang to, was now running across the stage trying to get away. The singer was nowhere to be seen yet Sarah didn’t care. That little girl was all that mattered. A hit from a guitar wouldn’t hurt an adult very much bu for a little girl to take a hit, it would be bad. It was something she would have to prevent. She wouldn’t let her get hurt.

Sarah ran along the edge getting pushed back between the gate and by people and it was about that time the adrenaline kicked in. Slamming one of the gates with her foot that once held people back, it actually bent, and fell, sliding a short distance up into the stage. With no time left she screamed at the girl, “
JUMP OFF THE STAGE!” And she held her arms wide to catch her.

Keanehan paid little mind to being dragged along. He was being enlisted to help someone, and that was cause enough for him to be okay with being tugged about. Along the way he helped people toward exits and kept the Poltergeists from touching Lauren and fellow concert goers. With each stride, Keane sought to make the most of it.

At one point he had to stop Lauren and snatch a woman out of the way of some flying drumsticks. With a cocking of his right shoulder he launched his fist toward the woman, with the palm wide open. As it flew the chain connected to the Gauntlet began to take up parts of his body, until it finally connected and he was able to yank the woman out of the way. He got the woman on her feet and directed her to the exit. “
Where might your sister be?

Lauren had phased out everything. All that mattered was her sister. As much as her instinct told her this, somehow she still clung to Keane making sure he followed. Even if they stopped, even if they helped, she aimed towards that single goal.

With another step, the little girl lunged from the stage, a guitar swinging at her, and only from Sarah’s angle, could she see it did not actually connect but regardless the girl screamed bloody murder at the top of her lungs as she sailed through the air. Was it even normal for a girl her size to jump with such strength? It mattered not. Sarah closed her arms around the girl, and without missing a beat turned to run. Which would of been flawless had the guitar not struck her instead.

Tripping over herself mid turn from the impact, there was no saving it. She was going down. At the very least she would protect the girl. Squeezing her arms tightly was the last thing she remembered before her head smashed into another one of the grates. And very hard at that.

People had finally dispersed a little better over the course of a minute and now Lauren could see the stage area. Not only that, she could see Sarah.

SARAH!” Lauren screamed. Letting go of Keane, she took off in a full run, closing the distance quickly. Pushing some, jumping over others and all she could see was a little girl on her knees, rubbing her eyes, crying her heart out at Sarah’s side. Sarah just laid there, dead looking. Her head to the side, hair over a portion of her face and blood staining her golden locks from hairline down her forehead and a very small pool on ground. One arm across her chest, the other out flat and her waist sitting sideways with legs almost looking like she was running while down.

If she could've slid in like a base runner, Lauren would have. Stopping over, and crouching down she looked at her sister. Her heart sank but she knew this wasn’t the time. She could see that Sarah was breathing. Lauren had to be strong. People were depending on her. Reaching over to the little girl, she stroked her head a few times. “
It’s OK sweetie, can…” She choked up for a moment, “Can you tell me what happened? Are you OK?” Instantly she started to feel hopeless, turning back, she looked for Keane, help me written all over her face.

As dire as the situation was, Keane felt no rush. No urgency. No peril. Only a job and a task at hand. As terrible as it sounded, he was at home with all of the saving that needed to be done. As he launched his fists forward to cover, Lauren as she sprinted he felt content. At home.

This feeling was an odd one for him to justify, so he settled for tucking the thought away for now. He sprinted after Lauren and noticed her all too familiar expression. The look of helplessness and dismay. As he came in he knelt down next to Sarah and felt for a pulse. He did indeed find one, but it was weak. He took his dress shirt and ripped the left sleeve, using it to wipe the blood off of Sarah’s head. “
Head wounds, while they may look bad only bleed a good bit. I’m more than certain that with proper care, she’ll recover, but for now we need to get her moved out of here so she can rest.” His eyes scanned the three girls in front of him. How was he going to carry two of them and fight? Certainly he could manage, but how efficient would he really be? “How tedious….” He sighed.

Mentions: Emma

@DaughterofAthena Keane @Keanehandiam

Ross Kye and Emma Kye

Ross’s eyes flickered up as he heard a voice speak to him. He hadn’t realized he was so close to an actual person given that the black cloth he was still holding covered her almost entirely. The way the voice spoke to him almost seemed as though it was like his sister’s snapping at him when he made a mess in her bedroom. The tone was very much one he recognized.

His head tilting up, he looked at the figure and Ross even smiled a little. “Hi!” he proclaimed with a slight bounce. His head turned to look at the stage for a moment and he let go of the fabric, seeming to lose interest once he figured out what it was. Looking up at the figure again, he waved and simply said, “I’m gonna go by the music now.” Smiling and waving, Ross walked away without another word. He seemed unamused by the figure.

The little boy vanished within the ending of Undirection’s set and he didn’t seem to reappear until after the ghosts had appeared when he ran towards his sister. “EMMA!” Running through the crowd, Ross was making his way towards Emma and therefore, making his way towards Sarah, Lauren and Keane. However, before he quite made it to them, a poltergeist swooshed through him and Ross stuttered in his steps, spinning dizzily before he fell flat on his butt.

He wasn’t unconscious, but he didn’t try to stand up right away. His head was spinning so even young as he was, he knew that standing up would result in him falling over again.

Emma still laid on top of Sarah, having been caught by the girl. Her eyes met Lauren’s and Emma whimpered softly. She was trying really hard not to cry. It was a struggle for her. Her head hurt from where she’d been hit and she was also rather frightened. “I… I dunno what happened…” she answered.

Trying to sit up, her hand rubbed at the back of her head and she grimaced as she did. She seemed to be able to sit upright although she also seemed a bit unsteady as she looked around. “I have to find Ross…”

@Kaine @Keanehandiam

Jayce Hammerkin

Jayce enjoyed the set put on by Undirection. He certainly was no screaming fangirl and he had no intention of being that extreme. Being a guy didn’t mean he couldn’t enjoy the music, though. As he danced in the crowd, he was fairly certain he didn’t do anything to stand out too much and that was his intention. He blended in. At the fireworks of their finale, he threw his fist in the air. For once, Jayce was having fun and not worried or down about anything of import.

Things changed swiftly, though. Hearing the warning to get down, instincts kicked in and for a moment, Jayce was quite literally an unmoving khopesh on the ground because that was as low as he could get. Realizing what was going on and hearing the chaos, Jayce turned back after a moment and then just as swiftly, he transformed his arm into the blade without a hilt, slashing at any white transparent being that came towards him. The copper glinted and slashed through the intangible beings although it didn’t even seem to slow them down.

His partner wasn’t there, not that he was aware of, at least. Realizing that he could probably be of better use in a meister’s hand than he was at the moment, slashing through poltergeists and doing nothing beyond protecting himself, Jayce decided the best he could do was yell out. “Anyone need a weapon!?”

Kassana Silverstream and Alexis “Lexie” Traynor

Enjoying the snack that Miyoko had purchased them, the two girls remained close and shied away from the crowd of screaming fangirls. It wasn’t that neither one of them liked the music. Instead the situation was such that neither one of them wanted the attention they imagined they would receive as the lead singer wove his way through the crowd, letting any girl who wanted to touch him touch him where he stood. Kassana even actually blushed at his comments prior to the final song even starting and she found that fact rather odd.

“Not a bad show,” Lexie decreed upon its completion. She elbowed Kassana playfully. “Maybe we can wander in if Walk the Bleeding Moon does something similar, eh?” Some of her sadness was fading away and her playful, social persona reappeared gradually. Lexie was trying to enjoy herself.

Hearing the girl’s words, Kassana blushed brilliantly pink and shook her head almost immediately. “I don’t think so,” Kassana muttered swiftly. She wasn’t ready for that much interaction yet.

Lexie simply chuckled in reply before she turned her eyes to Miyoko and Zyra. “What about you, Miyoko? Or you, Zyra? Anyone want to brave the mash with me for the headliners of the night?” Lexie really did hope someone would go with her although she supposed there was nothing wrong with watching from the sidelines either. Unlike Kassana, when Lexie was in her right mind, she thrived on stimulation and on being around people. She even started clapping jubilantly at the fireworks exploding in the sky.

That also meant she saw it, though. Lexie saw the rising cloud of white moving closer and closer to them and in the moments before Nicolas Kye’s scream, Lexie shoved Kassana down to the ground before she too fell onto cobblestone. Time seemed to slow and almost as quickly as it took for the two girls to rise to their feet again, Keziah was calling out for action and Lexie was quick to take initiative. “Kass, you should help get people out,” she prompted. “I’m going to see if I can find a meister. Someone might be able to use me.”

Despite Lexie’s decision making seeming somewhat insulting to Kassana, the silver haired girl took no insult at all from the statement. She wouldn’t have wanted to fight even if someone knew how to use her. Briefly, Kassana’s gaze flickered to Miyoko and she wondered if the girl who’d tried to work with her previously would ask to try again. Kassana hoped not and she watched as Lexie ran into the crowd.

Alexis “Lexie” Traynor, Alexander “Xander” Traynor and Axel Traynor

Barely even reaching the center of the crowd and barely even touching the edge of danger, Lexie froze like a block of ice, trapped in something that could not be seen by anyone but her. Perhaps it could, though. It was as though she had seen a ghost, a real one. Standing in front of her, created by a red aura, was the figure of her father. Transparent and haunting, he did not speak and he did not move. His presence merely captivated her eyes - eyes which could see right through him although she was too lost in fear to realize he wasn’t quite real. He wasn’t quite imaginary, either. The aura of him could be seen by anyone - not just her.

Frozen as she was, there was little she could do as she was rushed from the side and tackled to the ground, this time by someone very real and very much familiar to her. It was her brother and the minute she was pinned beneath him, he punched her very hard in the face although her scream was lost in the chaos of the ghosts and the fighting. Xander stretched his hand back and snapped, “Now!”

evil-sword-with-glowing-red-aura.jpg
A blade swished into his hands, flaring red with the aura that had entranced Lexie in the first place. Reaching down, Xander sliced the blade into her right bicep, drawing blood from her skin as she tried to escape. Red flooded into the cut - red from the aura surrounding the blade. “Family, we are bound by blood.” It was a haunting whisper that seemed to emanate from the sword that Xander held.

Lexie’s eyes clouded over and her eyes faded out. No longer blue, instead they glowed yellow and gold.

“You’re my weapon, Lex. You always have been.” Xander spoke it with fury in full blast.

No speech. No words. Lexie simply transformed. Xander snatched up her weapon form and stood there with a victorious grimace in his eyes. The red blade transforming back into the shape of a man, his eyes hungrily looked over the crowd. “Can I feast now? Years in that cell have left me weary and I require a true test of power.”

“Feast all you wish. Though I doubt you’ll find a true test…”

Felix

Felix swore in the most ungentlemanly manner, as he dropped from the roof, to a balcony, then over the rail, to a supporting buttress, and finally to the ground below. None of the pieces in his head appeared to amount to anything. And now quite the situation had evolved as all manner of spectral disturbances threatened to bring absolute pandemonium. He'd still keep an eye on the lady in black, but now the situation required calculated, but direct action.

The doyenne of the E.A.T. class was already trying to take control of the situation, which was fine by him. She seemed to have a head on her shoulders, even if it sometimes wore queer glasses. He may not currently have a weapon, but he was French. He would improvise. He would fight. He paused his sprint for only a moment, helping a faint woman to her feet, before his first encounter of this engagement began. "If you'll excuse me madam, there are these rather uncouth series of spirits which I'd like to have a word with."

"Force de l'âme!" He shouted, only moments later as he plunged his soul backed roundhouse... into nothing? Slightly caught of guard by the lack of resistance, he threw himself into a roll that would put him to his feet, instead of his face. Still, his kick seemed to do something to...the thing. It had been rendered immobile. Paralyzed. This was frustrating to Felix. Felix liked to know as much as he could about an opponent before making a move. Still, this situation was not hopeless. They seemed to respond to soul energy.

“Anyone need a weapon!?”

And how better to amplify soul energy?

Felix's mind quickly pieced together his surroundings, formulating a rather risky plan of attack. But he was French. It was only natural that he be bold.
"HERE KOHPESH! TO ME!" He sprinted, then spring boarded off an errant chair, preforming a textbook vault, holding his hand aloft, and hoping to high heaven that the weapon was paying attention. Otherwise, his graceful flip would end with him landing smack dab in between two spirits, with nothing but his soulforce, and his wits to keep him on his feet. Then again, he liked those odds too.

Jack

Jack caught the bottle that flew in the air, blinking in surprise as Kalin started spewing the green liquid from his mouth. He glanced down at the bottle called ‘Deathorade’ with a picture of a skull in the front before directing his gaze towards Kalin who had tears streaming from his eyes. If Jack didn’t know any better, he would have thought Ella had tried to poison his partner. Fortunately he did know better. After tasting the liquid and confirming it to be a sugary sports drink of some kind, a muffled chuckle escaped Jack’s throat, despite his efforts to contain his amusement.

“Ah, sorry. Sorry. It’s not very funny.” Jack said, crouching down to Kalin’s level and patting his partner soothingly on the back. “I should’ve known better than to ask Ella for beverages.” Pause. “Are you alright?”

After several moments of silence, Kalin rose shakily. Jack observed his partner’s face. The younger boy certainly didn’t look fine. Jack didn’t really pay attention to the music since most of his focus was on his partner.

I don’t even like it that much.

“Let’s go buy a bottle of water after all,” Jack said as the lights dimmed. He’d heard that spices could sometimes induce nosebleeds, but he’d never seen or experienced it for himself. Better safe than sorry. “Perhaps find a lavatory to wash your face as well.”

Jack glanced over at the shops in the square just as the fireworks exploded in sky. One of them probably had an area to freshen up. “Don’t worry. There’s still some time before the main ban--”

“EVERYBODY GET DOWN!”

Jack instinctively ducked, pulling Kalin with him just as a group of specters swooped overhead, bringing with them a strange chill.

“Bloody hell!” Jack swore as he watched the transparent figures create chaos. The concession stand was knocked over. Food and T-shirts were levitating. People rushed to escape the town square, while a few unfortunate stragglers became as white as sheets. Amidst it all, Jack thought he might have seen some kid, who looked far too young to be attending a concert unchaperoned, scurrying into the crowd. “The concert’s become a loony bin.”

“ALRIGHT EVERYONE! EITHER FIGHT OR GET PEOPLE OUT! NO MIDDLE GROUND! WARREN, WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU!?”

No middle ground, eh?

Jack frowned, taking a brief moment to assess the cloud of silver. It was his first time seeing ghosts. Well, sort of. Seeing them was a bit difficult with his glasses still perched on his nose. Jack snatched off the perception-blocking lenses and folded them in his blazer, grimacing as he was assaulted by a sharp migraine. Souls. Souls everywhere. There was a powerful aura somewhere in the crowd.

Dynamo? No…a bit different.

Shaking his head, Jack forced himself to focus on more important matters. He could feel that Ella was in the crowd. And now that he had his glasses off, he recognized Sarah and Lauren’s soul present as well. Jack reached into his pocket and pulled out his die. “Even we help get people out.” He side-stepped a levitating microphone stand that attempted to bash at him. “Odd we fight.”

[dice]22095[/dice]

Jack held out his hand expectantly to his partner. It was only his first week at DWMA. He’d learned nothing about soul force…or much beyond soul linking. However, there was not a single doubt in Jack’s mind that they would come out alive. After all, his die said so. “Come Kalin. The die has been cast. Let’s play the game.”

The first thing they would have to do is find all their friends and make sure they were alright. The second would be to round up the ghosts. The third would be to find a way to contain them. Jack sighed. Death City certainly is exciting.

@Deadeyelee

Ella

“Bad ghostie!” Ella scolded, an annoyed scowl on her face as she glared at a floating can that was now empty. There was a sticky orange stain on her white shirt. “Bad! Bad! Bad!”

Several ghostly figures circled Ella and Aiko, attempting to intimidate the two girls. Ella was not impressed. They’d been wandering the crowd, searching for some entertaining target when ghosts began attacking the concert, creating mayhem.

We’d just found someone too!

Partially transforming, so that her hands became bladed rings, Ella swiped at any ghost that dared near Aiko. Her slashes didn’t damaged them. Only paralyzed them momentarily. Ella growled as she was forced to take a step back. “Go away! I hate you, ghosties. HATE YOU!”

Ella’s entire body began to glow pink as she condensed, a pink beam of light darting into Aiko’s hand before reforming into a large ring blade. In her weapon dimension, Ella stuck out her tongue at the ghosts. “Bleh! Let’s show these ghosties that they can’t mess with DWMA!”

@Hanarei

Thalia Travis

Thalia jumped back slightly at the sight of Zarren taking the cotton candy she had offered him and her gaze remained one of complete confusion. “Is he… like… is he… uhm… attached to you?” It was a very weird question for her to be asking and she realized that, but at the same time, Thalia was genuinely curious because it didn’t make sense to her.

She didn’t ask anything more right away. She was rather distracted by the strangeness of the interactions between Zarren and Riven because Thalia had never seen such a thing. Sure, weird things came and went from the DWMA all the time, but this was a bit extreme compared to other things she had seen. Thalia’s eyes actually watched Zarren more closely than she watched Riven. Her mouth even opened to let out a barely audible “Oh” when Zarren said that Riven was dumb.

Finally, it seemed that Riven gave Thalia something to respond to, though. “Do you know how long I’ve waited to see a live concert!?” her excitement was entirely obvious. “I don’t even care who’s playin’, but it’s AWESOME just to see them play! I wish I could play music… I tried, but it didn’t work so well.” She shrugged briefly. “I guess that means I’m here for the music, but I like people too.”

That being said, Thalia turned to actually listen to the music as the band continued playing. She even started dancing a little bit although she stayed out of the crowd. For some reason or another, Thalia thought she was supposed to save a majority of her hype for the headliners of the night. “Do you like music?” Thalia asked it between one of the songs. She hadn’t realized that that song that had just ended was their last song - not until the fireworks went off.

Then came the shout and then the cloud came and all of a sudden there were ghosts.

She heard Keziah’s scream and she heard the screams of people all around. Turning to face Riven, Thalia’s face was actually rather calm. “I’m going to go find my meister,” she declared, feeling that to leave a friend alone in the middle of this chaos at least without offering an explanation would be rude. That being said, though, Thalia turned and ran into the crowds of screaming people, doing her best to touch everyone she could and tell them to get to the academy. Surely, that was a safe place to be.

“KAMRYN!” Thalia yelled out. She was quite certain she had seen her meister somewhere. She couldn’t see her, though. It scared her but she kept yelling.

@Sunbather @SummerWolf

Malacai Dreston and Isaac Perrinen

Isaac ran into the crowd, intently listening as the music began. “Never thought I’d see a concert in Death City!” Isaac shouted, to no one in particular. Isaac sat, very engrossed in the crowd, and was jamming with the music. After the singer announced the concert’s end, Isaac became annoyed. “Aww… That’s it? Why can’t there be more?” He sighed as the lights turned out. “I suppose it can’t be helped. I should probably go see what Malacai is doing.”

Just as Isaac started to turn around, he heard a shout. “EVERYBODY GET DOWN!” Isaac reacted quickly, as Malacai taught him to do in their many sparring sessions to such a shout, and heeded its word. However, his mind was sent spiraling with an array of questions. Who? What? Why? And many more circled through his head.

Malacai continued to eat his food as Keziah wandered off, paying no mind to the music as it came on. Malacai watched as the lights went out. That’s it? Hmph. Not even very impressive. Though, something still doesn’t sit right. I still don’t know why the hell anyone would have a concert in Death City. Malacai leaned up against the stand, and then a shout penetrated his ears. “EVERYBODY GET DOWN!” Malacai immediately dropped prone, and stayed down as a cloud of an unknown substance passed over his head.

He quickly got to his feet as soon as he was sure the immediate danger had passed. As he stood, he noticed that the grounds were now in chaos. All throughout, creatures were attacking the various patrons. Malacai could see that some other meisters were attempting to fight them. One such creature was headed for Malacai, and he met it, pressing his palm into it. “Soul Force.” The creature became paralyzed the instant Malacai sent his soul wavelength into it. Malacai began to run through the grounds. “Isaac!” Malacai shouted, trying to locate his weapon partner. Malacai found his partner entrenched in the crowd of people, still down from the initial cloud.

Isaac’s mind was under duress, and he heard a shout, calling his name. Isaac could not bring himself to respond. Isaac found that his face was quickly greeted by a hand. “Isaac, pull yourself together!” Isaac shook his head, and saw Malacai standing over him. “Ugh. What just happened?”

Malacai rolled his eyes as his partner asked that question. “That’s not important. Get up! It’s time to move!” As Isaac pulled himself to his feet, Malacai sent his soul wavelength into another creature. “We need to go find Nicolas Kye!” As they began running, Isaac was having trouble keeping up.

“Slow down, will ya? And why Nicolas?” Isaac asked. Malacai ignored his friend’s request.

“There’s no telling what these creatures can do. We don’t have the time to waste! I recognized Nicolas’ voice as the one telling everyone to drop down. Maybe he knows something about what’s going on here!” As Malacai continued running, Isaac transformed, as they ran forward. Malacai grasped the whip in hand, and lashed out at several approaching creatures, digging the chains into their attackers.

Their advance was briefly halted. “Why aren’t these things dying?” Isaac asked, with a fire in his voice.

“I’m not sure. But if stunning them is all we can do, then we’ll have to work with that.” Malacai responded. As Malacai and Isaac continued to fight their way through the crowd of creatures, Malacai’s eyes feel upon Nicholas. “There you are! Now, I know you have other things you are probably more concerned about right now, but we need to get this situation under control! Is there anything you can tell us that would help?”

Tiffany Griffan and Lorelei Wagner

Kassana’s eyes scanned the crowd through the chaos and she saw two figures - one definitely a woman while the other was veiled in black - making their way through the crowd. Neither one seemed to be fighting the ghosts so it seemed like a good idea to go try and get them out of the square. It seemed like a good enough plan to her so Kassana ran in and found herself walking in front of the two of them.
“Uhm… it’s not safe here. We’re trying to lead people to safety so if you’ll… uhm… follow me,” Kassana tried to direct them. She never had been the best at talking to strangers.

“Well aren’t you cute…” the woman with fiery hair muttered in reply, the slightest smirk creeping onto her face.

Kassana’s eyes narrowed, quite confused, and her gaze flickered between the two individuals in front of her. It was only after she gave each of them more than an initial glance that Kassana froze in her tracks and took a step back.
“You’re… you’re the… the… the…” Kassana couldn’t even bring herself to say the word out loud, but she wasn’t one to forget.

Tiffany’s gaze shifted to her companion and then back to Kassana.
“Well now. It looks like you made an impression the last time you played with them, Asa,” she chuckled a bit as she said it. “Do you mind keeping this one busy while I go talk with our friend? She doesn’t look like too much to handle.” Letting out a brief ‘hmm’, Tiffany brushed past her companion and past Kassana as well. The silver haired girl was still frozen where she stood.

Hotaru, who had wandered off after being scorned like some sort of lover, had been very much caught up in the fury of the crowd as the concert came to a rousing conclusion. Ghosts in Death City, who ever would have guessed any such thing happening. She ushered some of the stragglers around her out of the fray and was extremely tempted to curse out Ren the next time she saw him for not being there when he was needed for once. As a result, she could do nothing other than crowd control.

Shoving a woman with a broken heel out of the way, she ended up bursting in front of one of her classmates. One of the weird ones she never got around to talking to. Cassandra? Whatever - it wasn’t important. All she could take in was her looking scared shitless and… wait.

“Don’t I know you from somewhere?” she blurted out.

@Sunbather

menu_divider.png

Meanwhile, Tiffany Griffan was weaving her way through the fighting and for some reason, the ghosts seemed to have almost no effect on her as she walked past them. Sure, some of them sailed right through her, but she didn’t seem at all bothered by it at all. It was odd.

Reaching the edge of the stage, she smiled as her eyes settled upon the woman she’d been searching for.
“Lorelei dear!” Tiffany almost sounded excited… almost. “You have no idea how much we’ve missed you. Are your sisters around as well? It’d be nice to see the whole family again.”

Without pause, Lorelei swiftly turned to face Tiffany and a slow smile spread across her face.
“Why, Tiffany, it is delightful to see you again.” The smile did not reach her eyes. She gave her a light, coquettish giggle, hiding the lower half of her face with her hand. “I can guess exactly how much I’ve been missed. It’s all terribly dull without me now, isn’t it? So sorry to disappoint, but I’m the only one here.”

Faking a turn of her head and adopting a thoughtful expression, she said,
“Unfortunately for you.”

“I’m not so sure about that one. I find myself quite fortunate considering these turning events. They’re quite useful, actually. Wouldn’t you agree?” Tiffany’s gaze drifted back to all the students lost in fighting with the ghosts. “It seems the children of the reaper don’t even need you to entertain them. Does that disappoint you, Lorelei?” Tiffany’s expression turned to a mock pout for a moment, her lower lip curling downward.

With a small shrug and innocent-looking tilt of her head, Lorelei said,
“Oh no, is this] what someone of your ilk consider entertainment, Tiffany? My own brand of fun consists of something with far more…” She trailed off, acting like she didn’t know exactly what word she had in mind. “Finesse.”

Tiffany smiled a bit.
“I think you misunderstand me, dear. I wasn’t trying to be cryptic.” Chuckling, Tiffany gestured to the giant crowd of people fighting off poltergeists. “I merely meant to imply that they seem to be entertaining themselves without your help. Unless, of course, this was your doing in the first place. I highly doubt that, though. It’s not really your style.”

Sighing a bit, Tiffany seemed to shrug it off.
“Anyway, that’s not even why I’m here. You three, you’ve been quiet for too long. What are you up to, might I ask? The fact that the Grand Witch sent me must show you we’re curious.”

Lorelei smirked.
“Curiosity killed the cat dear. And there will be no satisfaction to bring it back.” She twirled her hand, a languid motion to belay her innocence. “The things we do are of no concern of minds like yours and theirs. We’ve simply a show to prepare for. Wouldn’t you like a loge seat to the party?”

Tiffany shrugged.
“Your shows typically don’t end too well for those who find themselves to be in the audience, though, dear Lorelei. And while you’re right in that curiosity killed the cat…” Tiffany paused for a moment, seeming to appear as though her own rage had consumed her at her own words. “I do think it would be wise to remember that the cat got the canary first.” Tiffany said it so casually and slow even, almost as though speaking to a child.

43YV1Ex.png
Giles Riven & Zarren

Name: Giles Riven

Nickname: The Halfsleeper

Class: EAT ?

Mood: Content

Tags:
@Cephalo @Kyra

Riven's mouth curled into a sort of positive pout, as if unable to display happiness regardless of her emotions. "Yeah... We are, uh... Kind of one, I guess. Zarren and I are partners. He's been my weapon since I was little, really." she explained. Riven seemed to take comfort in highlighting their history, though it could've been something else entirely, given the girl's vagueness. Zarren continued to gorge on the cotton candy, as Thalia answered her. Her excitement was feverish.

As the band began to play, Riven spent her time watching the crowd, moreso than the musicians on stage. Her eyes eventually remained on Thalia, whose motions were soaked with appreciation for the concert. Seeing everyone enjoy themselves was, in a way, enjoyable for Riven as well. She felt Zarren move to the side of her back, rhythmically, deducing that he seemed to dance -- or do whatever his physiology's equivalent of dancing was -- though she was rather sure Zarren would, at least publicly, denounce liking this kind of music adamantly.

"I don't know." Riven answered Thalia. It was true. She wasn't sure. "I have a good time now. Yeah... I do like music." She noticed just how weird she must've come across, but she didn't really know any better. She timidly bobbed her head to the beat, and tried to smile at Thalia, hoping she wouldn't think too lowly of her for her demeanor. Neither had much time to give either side too much thought, as someone screamed orders, and the crowd began to panic. Thalias excused herself within seconds, leaving an uncertain Riven behind. She was grateful that she didn't have to attempt making a decision on how, where or who to help, as a familiar girl came by, who Riven remembered being nicknamed "magician".

"You ate some of Zarren's food a while ago." Riven answered, relieved to not fall out of the girl's memory completely." Zarren snarled. He hadn't forgotten either. However, he was evidently less thrilled about meeting Hotaru again. "So?! Are we gonna kick someone's ass, or what?" he snapped towards Riven, not giving Hotaru the time of day. Riven looked unsure.

"Magician?" she asked like a kid talking to a stranger. "Sorry... I'm really bad with names. I remember you though." she assured the girl, looking apologetic.

? | ???

The chaos around them stood in stark contrast to the relaxed gait of her companion. Her own, needlessly gibbous, straightened out as the two were more or less forced to stop, however briefly, turn around and reply to the silver-haired girl that appeared to attempt to escort them off the premise. A loud squeak sounded from below the veil of the clothed figure. Asa's eyes grew wide as Kassanna's behavior left no doubt that she recognized her. "Oh my..."

Luckily, Tiffany did not seem to be mad at her. Quite the opposite even. "I... I p-promise I didn't do anything special." Cold sweat build on her neck. The whole deal she had made with the professor and the fact she still hadn't gotten even a single page haunted her, and now it felt more threatening and palpable than it had ever before. She nodded submissively, not uttering a single word until Tiffany's back was only a crude frame. "You should help your classmates, I think... Or the helpless visitors... It could be dangerous, yes?"

Asa tried to argue with herself. She tried to believe that Kassanna must've been aware it wouldn't do much good for anyone if the two fought. Still... she seemed to possess some fight, and that was bad news.

@DaughterofAthena @Cephalo

Aiko_Selmatu-Banner_zpsbqnor5qt.jpg

Aiko was taken by surprise as her little game of fun with Ella was suddenly foiled. She pouted a bit, shaking her head. "Darn it... I didn't dress for this stuff. This is suppose to be kept nice for these occasions! I can't go around looking good out casually in public if you get this nice outfit dirty!" She complained seeming more so annoyed by their appearance then even really worried. She sighed clutching her hand into a fist in response as she built up her own motivation to act.

"Alright, time to eat it!" She spoke jumping forward to kick at a poltergeist, only to find her leg traveled through it. She blinked a little puzzled glancing at her leg and at the ghost it had slipped through. "Oh... that is a thing." She commented just in time to avoid the tray it tried thrashing over at her. She did a quick jump back into a hand stand, avoiding some of the panicking crowd. She focused on the creature with a displeased look on her face. She shook her leg out, looking at it.

"Ug... it probably made my dress fade out or something like that. Don't they know who they are messing with?" She spoke out mostly to herself giving a light shrug. Her eyes darted over to Ella watching as she seemed to slice through the ghost, though it only seemed to briefly stun the creature. It was a step above what she was able to do at least. She watched her partner transform, quickly taking hold resting her on her wrist. she began to do circular motions, slowly spinning Ella around her wrist looking at the flying abortions. She tapped her finger lightly on her chin in thought.

"Actually... are they related to you at all, you know the whole zombie part? I know there are zombies and ghosts, but I thought it was both suppose to be dead, just kind of back alive in some way. Is it like your the same, well your one half, or like would you be considered completely different?" She asked her partner curiously as she spun her around her wrist with ease seemingly distracted by her own curiosity and her complete lack of worry about the situation. She shrugged a little bit, giving her partner no time to answer before she attacked. She jumped forward slicing through one of the incorperal creatures as she could feel the weapon 'strike' it... though in a way that was quite difficult to explain. It was as if she was cutting through thick fog, able to swing through it as if nothing is there yet having that faint feeling of resistance to it barely noticable.

Aiko shifted her stance grabbing her partner with both hands before leaping forward into a shot spin. she slashed through yet another as her hand nimbly adjusted taking her into once again a single hand before yet again slashing into the poltergeist using her opposite hand. She had only been with Ella for a short while, but it wasn't hard for Aiko to quickly learn to use Ella efficiently. Her natural tendency to quickly pick up on things (well, most things) helped her to find a way to utilize Ella's more exotic form, although the incorporeal enemies did force Aiko to adjust to not using her feat at all in her attacks.

@QuirkyAngel

Luxe Rosenfield

Well, this was definitely not what I had in mind when I volunteered to work backstage. Although, I probably should have expected it in a school like this...

Lux sighed as he stared out at the carnage in the field from behind the curtains. Behind him were a few unconscious musicians and set crew, along with a few frozen ghosts. When the attack started, Lux was tuning his own guitar, while making sure the others backstage were ready for the next set. Then before he knew it, people were passing out, and he was dancing around a trio of ghosts like a horror musical. In the midst of the insanity, Lux had managed to pull off an attack, channeling his soul wavelength through his guitar. After blasting a few soul charged chords, the ghosts were stunned, and seemed frozen in place.

Lux was curious as to why they weren't outright destroyed, but he didn't waste time dwelling on the thought. He tuned his guitar a bit more, then stepped out into the battle proper. But before he could move onto the many, many spirits looming over the crowd, Lux's attention was drawn elsewhere. Near the center of the panicked mass was a glowing red mass in the form of a man. Beside that strange construct was a young man that Lux recognized.

Well, Alexander wasn't Lux's favorite classmate, with his less than popular treatment of women and terrible attitude. But still, he was good in a fight, so maybe if they worked together, they...

Wait, why was he talking to the red guy? It wasn't his usual 'I'm going to remove your head and put it somewhere unpleasant' kinda conversation, based on his calm and somewhat pleased expression. Lux didn't want to judge without evidence, but this seemed to have evil team up written all over it, and as things stood, they had enough problems without colored ghosts(totally not racist) and rogue meisters causing more hell.

"Ugh, why do I have to try to play hero..." Lux whined, shaking his head as he leapt into the crowd with his guitar hanging on his back. He dipped and weaved through the crowd, stunning the ghosts that got too close as he made his way towards Alex as quickly as possible.

Miyoko Oromo

Miyoko zoned out, for a long while- lost in herself, as she idly handed a few stall-keepers money to pay for her comrades purchases- taking nothing for herself, but rather quietly observing. The music flicks on- and she notices it, but doesn't care; it's not a band she cares for, nor a band she actively dislikes. She smiles gently- looking around the people she brought, the people she hopes she can come to think of as friends... and hoping they enjoy it.

She's lost in thoughts of herself- stirred by her brief conversation with Kassana. She saw what happened as an oddity, sure- but one that proved there was potential. Kassana.. seems to have disagreed. She muses on that- wondering. Is it so hard for her to make a friend, she muses softly to herself. Her smile is broad and relaxed, cocky and arrogant- but her eyes are quiet and contemplative, lacking their usual shine as the music pounds on...

And then everything's turned upside down. The hail of ghosts- the sudden shift in tone... everything changes- and her eyes flare to life, as she's snapped out of her contemplation.

"--SHIT!" She barks- the first word to leave her mouth as she snaps back to reality. She looks around- and see's Kassana walking towards a pair of people... so she decides to follow- hoping to be able to assist her friend, as she balls up her hands into tight little fists- then relaxes. She breathes in- and out.

She recalls the lessons from her two teachers from before the DWMA- her mother, and the streets. She recalls the martial arts drilled into her by her mother, in the lessons that comprised her closest bonding time to her psychopathic monster of a mother. She recalls the instincts drilled into her by countless brawls in the streets.

So she walks smoothly- silently. Her gait is smooth and long, and she tracks after Kassana calmly. She's itching for a fight- hungering for a good brawl.. but she knows Kassana, as a Meisterless weapon without a form suited for single combat, is exposed as any civilian in this brawl.

Due to her moment of contemplation, she arrives just in time... to hear someone ordered to 'take care' of Kassana- her friend dismissed, like she doesn't matter! It.. infuriates the girl. She sticks to the shadows between various people in the chaos for a moment...

Then as the Firey haired woman brushes past Kassana, she moves towards the one ordered to 'take care' of Kassana. Like some great predatory monster, she surges from the Shadows in a sudden burst of speed- throwing her entire body and momentum behind a single heavy handed haymaker to the side of the strange figures head- intent on causing some damage before it can even /think/ of harming Kassana.

She just hopes it won't dissapoint her- as she steps into the battle with a wild, ferocious grin on her face, and a burning gleam in her eyes- yet let's out no battlecry, makes no sound in her charge, save for the displacement of air, and the sudden burst of her steps.

Kalin

Kalin took Jack's hand. "Of course." He had already known what the dice would say, before they landed. Kalin was a mongrel. A dog fought when ordered, and came to heel only after the deed was done. A dog is all he was and would ever be. But it didn't mean that he couldn't be good at it. Or...enjoy it? No, the thought was ghastly, revolting. Which is why the words that reached his ears had such a profound effect. He'd heard similar words, in a similar tone, many times not so long ago.

“You’re my weapon, Lex. You always have been.”

Something boiled within Kalin. Something that he'd long held at bay, like a coward. Like the whipped mutt that he truly was. But this time, it would be different...this time...this time. Kalin's clasping of Jack's hand became a firm grip, and he'd find himself tugged harshly by the pint sized weapon, without a word of explanation, just a look of absolute disbelief and fury. Even the most timid of dogs have teeth.

As soon as he set eyes upon his smug face, he was forced to shift into weapon form. It was too similar. And he wouldn't let him see the fear it instilled within him. 'Jack. I'm sorry. This is something I need to do. I'm not letting this happen to anyone else. Not while I can still breathe.'

"You know, I wish I could say I was surprised. But I've only been here for two weeks, and I already know more than I care to about you Xander. Figures you'd chase some hollow power. How much of your soul did you sign away? What for? For a pitiful excuse of a union between weapon and Meister? Are you so pathetic, that you have to rely on outside help to force your own sister to be your partner? All that talk, and you didn't earn a single bit of that power yourself. You really are a mongrel."

@QuirkyAngel

Jayce Hamerkin and Felix

Collaboration With:

@Deadeyelee

Hearing a voice call out to him, Jayce’s eyes turned, searching for the source when he found one of his classmates vaulting through the air with his arm outstretched. There was very little that could lead him to believe that this wasn’t the person who had called out to him and Jayce took on his weapon form. The transformation washed over his body as a line of copper light was drawn from where he had been standing straight to the palm of Felix’s hand as the transformation became complete.

‘Got it,’ Jayce spoke directly through the link, merely to establish that the connection existed and that he was there and ready for whatever situation they were jumping into.

‘Welcome aboard Mon ame. Left then right.’ Felix took a moment to adjust his grip before he landed, torquing his newly acquired weapon, and his body hard to the left. In a fluid motion, Jayce was cleaved sideways into the poltergeist at their ten o'clock, while in a continuation of the same spin, a soul backed heel kick tore through the ghost at their three. He let the momentum carry him to a knee so that he might survey the situation. ‘Lady in Black was trouble, just as I suspected, but loud mouth seems to have her occupied. But none of this makes any sense. It’s as if a calamity of unrelated events just cascaded upon this one concert. We should contact Lord Death.’

‘Lady in Black?’ Jayce was caught off guard by Felix’s statement as he hadn’t seen such a person. He had been a bit distracted by the ghosts himself in the moments leading up to his transformation and now that he was a weapon, all the souls seemed to blur together. ‘Can we buy enough time to contact Lord Death?’ he questioned. It wasn’t a matter, in Jayce’s mind, of whether or not they should. Rather, he didn’t know whether they could without being assaulted on all sides. It was an interesting situation.

Felix grinned, pulling a silver tea pot from inside his coat, as he scanned for encroaching threats, and exhaling deeply upon it. ‘Think it’ll work? I normally carry a mirror, but it’s on the roof.’

‘Give it a shot,’ Jayce muttered into the link as he transformed once again, copper light spiraling out of Felix’s hand and appearing next to him as Jayce took on a mostly human form once again although his arm remained a very usable blade as he slashed at anything approaching. “I’ve got your back!”

Suddenly Jayce was once again fighting poltergeists, buying time by the second as he slashed through each one over and over again although they continued to inch closer, their movements only slowed by his actions. Glancing back to Felix, Jayce called out, “Hurry up, man!”

“Fourty-Two...Fourty-Two...Five-Six-Four.” Felix spoke aloud as he carefully inscribed the digits into the makeshift mirror. He hoped that the fact that he kept his tea set spotless would prove to be a boon in this situation.

A foggy curved image of the grim reaper appeared on the pot. “Hey! Hey! What’s up!?”

“The Concert is under attack by strange sort of ghosts, and I suspect more is afoot. I haven’t been able to discern who was responsible, but we’re evacuating the square. Do you have any suggestions or orders?!”

“Hmm… trouble at the concert, you say? That’s not good. Not good at all…” Lord Death paused for a moment, contemplating. “We haven’t seen ghosts since the Edolas incident. That is quite odd.”

“Edolas incident? What triggered the incident? Is it an object, person, or something else? Could the same thing be present?” Felix’s mind jumped to an escaped prisoner, or something of the like.

Lord Death shook his head. “Not likely. Edolas was a witch and her soul was collected. All her creations were sealed away… right here, in fact.”

“With all due respect, they don’t look very sealed to me, Sir. How were they sealed? Who could have unsealed them? Do they have any weakness aside from soul energy?”

“Felix…!” Jayce’s voice snapped into the conversation as he was being surrounded and pushed closer and closer to the meister. In only a matter of moments Jayce would practically be on top of the frenchman and both would be consumed by ghosts… whatever that meant. “I think you’re time’s up…” Jayce was trying to be urgent about it.

“I’ll look into it,” Lord Death said before swiftly vanishing from view with the subtlest snap.

“Back to me. We’re surrounded. Poor bastards. They’ve got nowhere to run!”

Copper light consumed Jayce again as he transformed back into a full weapon form, landing swiftly in Felix’s grip once again. ‘Time to spin,’ he smirked with the slightest smile. It had been a while since Jayce had found himself in the middle of a fight with a decent meister and he was finding that he was actually enjoying himself.

Felix did indeed spin slash, once again, dropping low to the ground. This time, however, it was in preparation. He brought his fists together, and with the slightest pity for the poltergeist before him, he launched himself forward. “MAIDEN’S LANCE!” His entire body seemed to be enshrouded in soul energy, forming a spear like shape that extended about two feet past his body as he threw his weight behind the two fists. The lance tore through the ghost like a dragon’s underbelly, and the meister landed outside the circle of spooks with a roll. “Man, we could really use proton packs right about now.” He chuckled, panting.

Nicolas Kye and Abigail Kye and Jessyka Volontari

Nicolas very nearly fell off of his feet as he stood watching the chaos ensue. Sure, some of the people were managing to make their way out of the square, but some of the poltergeists also seemed to be slipping beyond the scope of the scene and spilling into the city beyond. It was not a good situation at all. In addition to that, he hadn’t managed to spot his children anywhere within the crowds which only furthered his anxiety.

Jumping in behind him, supporting him and slipping his crutch underneath his arm was his wife who finally seemed to have recovered from some of the initial shock. “Nicolas!” her voice sounded rather startled as she realized how close to falling he really had been. “Nicolas, you can’t phase out right now! Hun, you really can’t! We’ve gotta find the kids!” She was practically crying as she tried to get his attention. She knew better than anyone that he could help with the situation; he just needed to calm down enough to do it.

Nicolas shook his head briefly as he came back to his senses, leaning on the crutch he now carried as his gaze turned to Malacai. “They cannot be defeated,” he explained. “Only contained. The Edolas Box… it held them for fifteen years. I don’t know how they escaped now. Someone must’ve freed them but why, I don’t know.” Nicolas seemed confused by it almost as much as anyone else would’ve been. “We’ll need the box again. It draws them in after they’ve been paralyzed. That was how it was designed.”

Jessyka had finally managed to escape from a swarm of the white beings and she was shaking uncontrollably. Somehow, though, the meister managed to make her way over to Malacai and Isaac. She’d been about to scream at them for not fighting at the moment although she caught the tail end of the conversation. “A box?” she asked, interrupting things. “Send me. I’ll get it. Things are… well, they’re too close for me right now. Malacai, you’re a fighter. Fight. Surely you can manage to hold them off.”

Nicolas nodded at the pink haired meister. “Very well. They kept it near the prisons… because that is where they belonged - in prison themselves.”

Jessyka simply nodded and ran off. Briefly she did turn and look for her partner. She didn’t want to leave him alone, but at the same time, this seemed highly important and she wasn’t about to fail them. She’d already failed a mission once and she wasn’t about to repeat that mistake.

@AnnoDomini @Stormborn Targaryen

A1QrGvU.jpg

Kamryn "JJ" Vessot

Kamryn found herself joining in the crowds excitment in no time as the band played. She danced, she cheered, she let loose. She kept relatively close to Jayce as well, solely because she'd followed him into the crowd. It would be rude to just leave him alone. She figured he could use the company, and was quite happy to see he was having a good time as well. However, her excitement and cheer ground to a halt along with most everyone else's as the beauty of the fireworks was ruined. Cheers became screams in no time as everyone threw themselves downward thanks to a shouted command. She was no exception as she pulled a dumbstruck citizen down to the ground and threw herself down next to them. She lost track of Jayce in the chaos that ensued.

People were soon up and running around to avoid ghosts of all shapes and sizes. She heard another command shouted, probably by a DWMA student, and she followed it with ease. First and foremost, she needed to find Thalia. That thought in mind, she worked through the crowd, searching for her partner.
"Thalia!!" She yelled into the chaos repeatedly, and continued to work through the crowd. While she looked, she directed anyone she could out of the square, towards the DWMA. The one place she thought safe. It had to be... right? Nevertheless, she stopped to help where she could, all the while searching for her weapon partner to be of better use.

Partner: Thalia Travis

Mood: Excited, Determined

Tags:
@Kyra

Finally, through the chaos of noise and panic, Thalia's voice stuck out. Kamryn stopped and listened closer for a millisecond, before her path changed and she headed towards the voice of her partner.
"THALIA!!" She yelled out as loud as possible, just as the weapon girl pulled into her eyesight. She pushed her way towards her partner with renewed effort after that, though she was sidetracked briefly by a younger girl who she stopped to help, and reached her partner's side after a bit of work.

"Are you alright? We need to do something...!" She spoke to Thalia, being serious for a change. This was not something to be taken lightly. Her words were cut off for a second as someone crashed into her, and she pointed the person out and to the DWMA quickly before continuing to speak, "This is chaos. Transform, please!" This last one was more of a command as she extended a hand, ready to catch Thalia's boomerang form assuming her partner would indeed transform.

Now that the pair was together again, Kamryn's mood became more determined. Her eyes picked through the chaos, looking for DWMA students. EAT or NOT, either way all had an obligation to help. She spotted Jayce as he transformed, probably to a meister, then her gaze found Jessyka as she ran from the scene. Hopefully with a mission to help this chaos. Her eyes landed on Malacai beside Nicholas Kye, someone she only sort of knew. Malacai, however, she definitely knew as he was one of the only 3-star student meisters.
"Thalia, I'm going to try to get us closer to Malacai and that Nicholas fellow. They might know something about this situation, or at least what to do about it. I don't know how we're supposed to fight ghosts!" She continued to speak aloud, simply for the fact that it allowed her to focus on the situation instead of using the mind link. "Ready?" She waited for Thalia's response, though she continued to point people to the academy.

Axel Traynor, Keziah Swan and Warren Langston

The hungry eyes of the demon sword watched the crowds of people running and screaming, a low chuckle building in his chest at the delicious sight of the whole situation. His body seeping red and black soul energy as he dove forward and snatched up the body of a straggling human, tearing them apart with bare hands before devouring the shining blue soul that emerged from the remains of the person’s existence. Licking his lips, he searched for more.

Still standing relatively close to his own son, Axel was not beyond noticing the charging red haired boy. His soul was interesting, too, and it did not pass beyond the demon sword’s notice. “Hmm,” his lips hummed together as he darted forward. One arm transformed into the blade cloaked in red as he thrust it forward towards Luxe.

“Nope!” Darting in between the charging demon sword and the red haired meister came Keziah Swan. Breaking off from swiping at some of the poltergeists that had been causing chaos, she swung her weapon - Warren - into the path that Axel was charging along. Axel’s attack was intercepted inches from Luxe’s face. Impact echoed all around with a loud CLANG.

Warren gasped at the impact, his body flinching as the blade got caught within the spiked ball of his weapon form. “Ugh!” he groaned out loud. ‘A little warning next time, Kez?’ he spoke into their mindscape now. The problem wasn’t that he couldn’t withstand a blow from the demon sword - he could. Rather, Warren simply hadn’t braced himself for such a thing.

‘Really Warren? You know, the next Death Scythe needs to be able to handle surprises…’ Keziah responded sharply and Warren’s weapon form responded, surging with strength, enough to emit a pulsation that threw Axel a few inches back. ‘Better!’ Keziah smirked.

Then her attention turned to Lux. “Are you sure this is a fight you want to get into without a weapon?” she asked, her expression entirely serious. Eyes flickering to Axel and then back to Lux, she could see the soul of the demon sword clear as crystal. Seeping red with black toxins weaving through it, the soul was clearly pure evil.

@Kalin Scarlet

Alexander “Xander” Traynor and Alexis “Lexie” Traynor

Xander’s gaze met Kalin’s as his expression widened into the cruelest smirk imaginable. “You don’t know the first thing about me, boy,” Xander snapped, twirling the bowstaff in his hand out in front of him as he spoke. “And where you get the idea that you think you do is beyond me.”

‘Xander, stop it!’ the weapon tried to command his attention through the link she was all too familiar with.

Xander smacked the bowstaff into the ground hard, knowing that abuse to the weapon could hurt the person who it was as he snapped back into their link. ‘SHUT UP!’

Lexie flinched within her weapon space at the impact, and suddenly, no matter how much she wanted to speak, she couldn’t. Wavelengths of… something, something terrifying… slowly began weaving their way through her body as her weapon form’s color slowly began turning black. It seemed to spread through her weapon form, almost looking like a toxin.

“I DID earn this power, though!” Xander growled fiercely. “He saw my strength and he sought to offer me more!” In pure rage, now, Xander’s wavelength activated and started spreading, leaping like flames and sparks from his hand although the flames slowly surrounded Lexie’s toxifying weapon form as he charged towards Kalin and struck forward with the weapon. Even though he wasn’t close to hitting, it was as though a blade of pure dynamite sparks shot from the end of the bowstaff, driving towards Kalin.

“And I think you’ll find that you’re no match!”

@Deadeyelee @QuirkyAngel

Jason Daniels

He honestly shouldn't have been the least bit surprised when everything hit the proverbial fan. Sure, he wanted something interesting beyond the concert to happen, but he meant something that wasn't what could only be called an angry swarm of ghosts rushing about and generally ruining the evening for everyone. That wasn't what he had in mind, and he cursed himself for jinxing it by thinking such an arrogant thing before.

Still though, he did his best to just ignore the multitude of pale figures that flew around him in a frenzy, though he did keep an eye out on how much damage they were doing, but he figured everyone else was taking care of it. With that notion in mind, he simply focused on eating his pretzel. He was hungry after all. As he went to take a bite, what could only be considered the unthinkable, at least in his mind, happened. A passing specter had swept through his food, and in a flurry of movement, Jason was promptly hit in the face with a cheesy pretzel among other flying objects. Even though there was negligible force behind the flying food, Jason still reacted as if he was struck by a metal bat carried by a professional body builder. That is to say, his head promptly flew to the side, his eyes went wide, and his expression was one of unimaginable shock, akin to one you would find on the face of a man who was told he was to be the father of a child from his significant other. Without the usual expression of happiness of course. Slowly turning his face back to the apparitions that floated there, mocking him with their viciously mischievous nature, he wondered what it would take to make them feel pain. He saw how everything the others had done had simply stunned them at most, and he wasn't as arrogant to believe that he had any special power strong enough to harm something that truly doesn't seem to be able to be harmed. But he still wondered.

However, wondering wasn't going to do anything to help the situation, and now that his food was not only all over the floor, but his face as well, there was nothing preoccupying his ability to help the others. Slowly wiping off the remnants of the food from his face with a napkin, he stood up and stared down the ghosts. Behind the seemingly blank stare laid a burning inferno of anger and indignation at what had just occurred. Slowly stalking forward, Jason allowed some of his wavelength to flow to his hand and clenched his fist. As he approached, he suddenly lunged forward, striking out with his right hand. As expected, he simply phased right through the ghost, but he had kept an eye on it as he had done so. He had briefly stunned it, that much he saw, and while the period of time that it was incapacitated was short, it was long enough for someone in trouble to get out of trouble. Smiling sweetly in a manner that completely contradicted the anger that he was feeling at the moment, not only due to losing his meal, but because of the ruination of what could of turned out to be a wonderful night, Jason continued to slowly stalk through the area, absentmindedly swatting at any ghost that came too close to him as he searched for a solution to this problem. Or the source of it. Either way, he wanted the ghosts gone, and the person who brought them here in front of him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back