• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Eggmans Victory

Catro the Writer

Sorin High Baby!
Supporter
It was a dark fall morning in the town of Mobius. The sun was barely raised in the sky, the birds were still asleep, and hardly anyone was up. Only kids who were up ready for school and their parents were up at this ungodly hour. Since they had to get up and go to school.

Sitting in a kitchen a blue hedgehog boy sat on a chair at a kitchen table. He was about 8 years old dressed in a blue shirt with golden rings on it and overalls, red shoes with white stripes on it. They had Velcro straps on them to keep them on his feet. Infront of him was a book, Percy Jackal and the Lightning Thief. But instead of words on the page there were assortments of bumps on it... The book was in Braille. Then with a metal came of to the side it showed that the hedgehog was blind.

But that fact didn't bother the hedgehog of course. He had been blind all his life, so it never got to him. It was just a part of his life, not being able to see anything. But that hardly slowed his down. The kid was always willing to play, do homework, and those sort of things. But he did need a bit more time then other kids to do so.

Aleena, the boys mom, flipped a pancake of the pan and onto the plate. She had two plates ready, one for each of her boys as she wasn't to concerned about eating herself. She would probably pick something up at work. The purple hedgehog was dressed in a waitress outfit and her hair was brushed back in a neat pony tail with a hair band on her head.
Carrying the plates over she sat them on the table and buttered them and poured some syrup on them.
"Sonic sweetie," The mom said as she took a fork and knife and started to cut Sonics food up for him.

"Um... I don't know." He said, he knew Shadow was up when their mom woke them up for school. But it wouldn't have surprised the blind boy of his brother went back to sleep.

Shadow had set an alarm for another few minutes since he knew he'd have to go. He'd heard rumors that if kids skipped school to much the police got called. He got dressed in gray pants with a black shirt that had his own symbol on it with a gray hoodless jacket on top of it. He found that odd emerald he'd found lying in an alleyway on the way home from school one day. He grabbed it and another vision as he called them hit him. He and Sonic were in space in yellow versions of themselves and fighting a giant lizard. The vision quickly ended. His mom knew of both the emerald and visions he had and so did Sonic. Shadow walked downstairs. "Morning mom, Sonic." He said in as nice of tone he could muster. "I had another vision." He said shoving the emerald in the spikes on his head. He didn't explain further but he would if asked.

"Hiya Shadow." Sonic said turning his head to Shadow. He wasn't able to actually see his brother of course, but was able to tell where he was. Sense him for lack of a better term.

"Another one?" She asked him as she slid Shadow his plate of food. It had the same treatment as Sonics... Though not cut up. She tapped Sonics hand and put the fork in it and the boy slid his book forward and started to eat his food when the plate was put in front of him. After that Aleena went to Shadow and felt his forehead. The boy didn't feel like he was running a fever. This wasn't the first time he had mentioned theses vision. And it did have his mom a bit concerned, "Are you sure it wasn't just a dream sweetheart?" She asked him, pulling a seat beside him and sitting next to him, "What was this one about?"

"It was...well Sonic and I was in space. We were yellow though fighting a giant lizard with a huge red ball on its back. Sonic wasn't blind in this...and...near the end of it apparently, something happened to me but I don't know what...and mom I'm sure it's not dreams because it's been happening since I got this emerald and for some odd reason I pick up well odd feelings from everyone like a pressure of sorts." With how he described how he feels it's obvious he means the energy of others though this yellow version of him and Sonic was never mentioned before. This was the first time he ever mentioned this.

Sonic ears perked up interested in that. Fighting a giant lizard, being blond.... And not blind! He was told his fur was a blue color, but that might as well trying to tell a death person about your favorite song. There was no point to it... Sonic understood the concept of color but without being able to see color it didn't make sense to him.

"Maybe it's something you should talk to... Mr. Silver? Yeah that's the name of the new teacher and consoler at your school." She said to him petting his spikey black and red quills a bit, "And maybe you should leave that emerald here, if it's just distracting you and making you see things." She tried to convince him.

"Ok sweetheart." She said and patted his head, "Eat up the school bus will be here soon." She told him looking at Sonic who was almost done with his plate. Thankfully, as mentioned before, the boy was use to his handicap so he didn't need a lot of extra help on simple task like that.

Soon there was knock on the door, which made Sonic wince and if he had any idea on rolling his eyes he would have. He knew it was the neighbor girl.

"Come in Amy!" Aleena said as she went and got some cups to fill with orange juice. Then the door opened and shut as a girl walked in. A pink hedgehog about Sonics age. Dressed in a red dress, white leggings, and red combat boots, the girl had a smile on her face a red and pink backpack across her shoulders. "Morning Amy." Aleena said with a smile.

"His Amy..." Sonic said a bit more quiet but didn't want to be rude.

"Hiya Miss Aleena, hiya Sonic, hiya Shadow!" The pink hedgehog said greeting everyone.

Shadow might not have been as angry as he was in his visions but from what they showed he was just as easily annoyed. "Hi." He said trying to hide his anoyance but obviously failing.

Amy shrugged off the annoyed tones in the greeting the boys gave her. She just went beside Sonic and smiled, "Come on Sonic the bus is here! We can't be late!" She told him gently grabbing his hand and tugging on it.

"I know Amy, I can walk there by myself you know." He said annoyed still. He knew Amy was just trying to be nice, she was always trying to be nice. They had known one another practically their whole lives. But it didn't really sink in to Amy's mind that Sonic being blind meant he couldn't see until they were like 6 years old. And since then... Well she was always trying to lead Sonic around worried he would get lost, always making sure the other kids played in a manner so Sonic could keep up with them , and other things to be helpful but just annoyed Sonic.

"She right guys." Aleena said looking at her watch and sat the cups of OJ infront of the kids, "Drink up, grab your bags and head out." She instructed... Though she was on the way to grabbing Sonic and Shadows bags.

Shadow drinked his cup and went to get his red and black bag. Black was his favriote color. He walked to the bus right by Sonic half tempted to slap Amy but held it back.

Sonic and Amy quickly drank the glasses of OJ as well. After that Sonic grabbed his can and got up from his chair as he mom slipped the bag over his shoulders for him and kissed his forehead, and doing the same for Shadow.
"I'll be there to pick you and Sonic up after school. So make sure you talk to Mr. Silver alright?" She asked him looking over as Amy took Sonics hand and lead him to the door so they could wait for th bus.

"Ok sweetie." She said and let the boy go. She had to finish getting ready for work herself.

By the time Shadow got outside Amy was busy talking Sonics ear off about a class project they had to do.
"I got all the stuff for the solar system display, my dad's gonna help me put it together. If you and your mom can get the information on the planets then we'll be good!"

Sonic was nodding his head only half listening to what the hyper active hedgehog had to say, trying to tug his hand away a couple times but May kept a right grip on it

"Can you let my brother go and shut up. We know your trying to be nice and caring towards him but sometimes people need their space and this is just one of those times. So just give him now to the entire ride to get his thoughts together and anything else he might need." Shadow said in as nice a tone he could muster but he still came off a bit over protective.

Sonic winced at Shadow saying that... He could always count on the older boy to be brass when he himself couldn't... But he also felt bad about it because Amy was actually trying to be nice and a good friend. If he was one of the fakes like a lot of high schoolers were, being nice to him for a class or extra credit or something stupid like that, he wouldn't hesitate to tell her to just go away. But instead he was in a awkward position of two people trying to help him and neither of them were wrong.

Amy glared at Shadow, ready to argue with the boy... But glance she at Sonic she sighed and let go of his hand, "Fine." She said sticking her nose in the air, giving of the whole spoiled rich girl angel. Which she was rich, well her family was anyways. Her father was a banker and was the richest man in the town not that she ever bragged about it mind you. But when she didn't get her way... The rich girl side of her came out. "Well talk about the project later Sonic." She said

Shadow even sighed in relief. The anoyance he was feeling was more than ever. Shadow waited on the bus when he decided he'd call Knuckles. Shadow and Knuckles played this game they told Shadow's mom that was called "show down" but the reality of it was they were sparing. Shadow just didn't want her worried. Knuckles picked up first ring and said. "Hey Shad what's up?" Shadow looked at the two people by him and replied, "Not much. I was wondering if you wanted to hang after school." Knuckles considered it. "Sure. Speaking of why don't you and SOnic ever run here you two are the fastest kids in the school besides...Scourge who is equal to you." Shadow sighed. "Mom worries about Sonic." Knuckles made a sound of understanding.

Sonic reached into his bag and pulled out his book again and found where he left off and started running his fingers across the pages as he waited for the bus. Which was quickly coming down the road. Sonics ear twitched as he listened to the bus get closer and closer. He wasn't to sure what Shadows "sparring" thing was with Knuckle... Of course that was because he couldn't see. But he had sat on the side line as they did it and it sounded like fun... But that "game" you needed to be able to see to participate in.

Shadow hung up and walked behind Sonic in case he tripped on the steps of the bus. Shadow sat in the back putting his ear buds in and listening to music. Tails watched as Shadow sat down. Tails was Sonic's best friend but he did kind of like Sonic's older brother. Every time Tails hung out with Sonic and Shadow he felt safe when Shadow was around.
(I was thinking maybe we could play Rouge to like Shadow and act like her old self or as close as (whichever controls her) can get but she kind of likes SHadow rather than Knuckles)

Amy of course was in front of him and was doing her best to help the boy as well, not wanting Sonic to get hurt. And thankfully the kid managed to get on the bus with little to no problem and slid into the first seat on the bus with Amy sliding in right beside him

Shadow sat there awaiting the moment to get to school. He listened to music. Closing his eyes and leaning his head on the seat behind him.

Thankfully Sonic and Shadow were the last kids to need to be picked up on the bus. So they headed straight to school which only took a few minutes. Which was to Sonics relief as Shadows "talk" with Amy seemed to have lost its effect and she was talking about their solar system project... But thankfully Sonic was able to ignore her as he continued to read his book.

"Time to go Sonic." She said tapping his shoulder and stood up, the blue hedgehog following her.

Shadow exited the bus last and went striaight towards class. He usually sat there til school started which was 10 minutes after the bus arrived. He also decided lunch was the best time to talk to Mr. Silver,

(sorry never say your other response ^^')

Their teacher, a purple Falcon named Mr. Burns, made sure to take his time while his taught. Making sure he could answer questions and the students could take notes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back