• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Is anyone interested?

• Total voters

The Shadow Realm

Leader of The Shadow Realm

1574391491294.png

1574391547397.png

“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” -H.P Lovecraft

Ever since the dawn of man, the instinct known as fear has led the race to salvation. In a world fraught with monstrous hellscapes, this is all that mankind could do to just simply survive. The world was swamped with myriads of evil ever since mankind's inception, and monsters ranging from werebeasts to demons laid hidden in the blind spots of petrified onlookers. It was due to this very terror that laid mankind to befell its own kind, such as “The Dark Ages”.

This era of history is often seen as a period of frivolous conquest to the blind masses, however its actual agenda was to destroy the horrendous corruption that was consuming the world with ire. In a span of 500 years (500 A.D to 1000 A.D), humanity fought against this great evil, birthing many revered monster slayers such as King Arthur and the Knights of the round table. Under the guidance of these monolithic figures, mankind managed to vanquish much of the malicious forces across the land.

Due to the courageous few who stood strong in the path of terror, humanity claimed the world as its own. The nightmarish creatures that once roamed the world were now only legends, such as King Arthur himself. With the absence of this fear, mankind began to progress into a race that challenged the gods themselves, throwing the world into a form of mechanized evolution. The world changed dramatically following this act, and it soon became an ideal place to reside in. Horseless carriages began to take the place of horses, mechanized machines soon took over in acts of war, and cities began to grow exponentially.

The reign of humanity had finally reached its pinnacle, however it didn’t last long.

As cities grew, so did the spread of a new affliction designated as “The Veiled Death.” The virus seemed to thrive in the crowded cities of Europe, and due to it having barely any signs of infection besides two incision marks on the neck, it soon burned its way across the entire planet. Once the inflicted passed away, the virus could also spread by just simply grazing the dead. This led to the plague chipping away at society across the globe, and almost bringing humanity to its knees. In conclusion, the embrace of death took 100 million from this earth.

With cities giving way to chaos, the hellish creatures of the night once again began to reclaim what was taken from them. Sightings of monsters across the globe began to rekindle, and many feared the end of days was soon approaching its climax. Despite the world falling apart at the seams, those dubbed as the “Tainted Hollow” successfully held back the darkness, and as time passed the creatures of the night halted their attacks. The beasts of this world were once again hidden away from humanity, and the sightings began to give way into mere rumors.

Despite mankind's triumph over the newfound corruption, danger loomed eerily in the distance. In the shroud of darkness laid a being whose very appearance spelled the end of man, and one that could not be stopped if it awoke.

Last edited:
Man this sounds really damn good.
Aw, thanks for the praise. This is actually a rebooted (and will be revamped) rp I created with Cerpin a year or so back. It is; in my opinion, my best and most detailed story I ever created. I actually loved it so much I began to write a book on it :P

What kind of eldritch horrors are we facing?
Well in the background there are the great ones, however as they are incomprehensible to the human psyche they are mainly just mentioned in passing. Cthulu is one of the main antagonists in this story, with him being one of the most dangerous and closest great one to us. Like mentioned though, it will only be in the background. If he ever became in the foreground, the story would end quite horribly for our cast of denizens.

Eldritch monstrosities made from their corrupting touch will be here however, and in the link you'll understand a bit better. They drive you mad slowly and are nigh impossible to kill though so they will be scattered as collective targets for us to either confront or avoid. Nyarlathotep is also going to show up as tension starts ramping up, to show how close the world is to its demise.

There is multiple endings I'm planning depending on our own actions, some good and some universally tragic. It all depends.

Hey np! I've been eldritch horror mood for the past two months and this so happens to itch my fancy!

Looks fun and as a fan of man vs monster stories, I can't pass something like this up. I've always had a casual interest in the idea of lovecraftian horrors,but never really dove into it. I'm interested in joining.

Also I can't read the text without highlighting it.

Seeing as how I've finally unpacked my well thumbed copy of Lovecraft's Necronomicon, I am well up for this if you'll have me aboard

Looks fun and as a fan of man vs monster stories, I can't pass something like this up. I've always had a casual interest in the idea of lovecraftian horrors,but never really dove into it. I'm interested in joining.

Also I can't read the text without highlighting it.
That's awesome, glad you're interested!

Greetings, interest, and many questions!

-Will the OOC be on here or on Discord?
-Will drawn faceclaims be accepted?
-Will multiple characters be accepted?
-Is it possible for characters to have a slightly more Victorian than steampunk style?
-Is it possible to play a civilian (or at least someone who's not a monster hunter per say, but maybe knows them or works with them)?
-Is it possible to play a character who's either a monster in human guise or a human helping the monsters?

Super cool concept, btw :3

Greetings, interest, and many questions!

-Will the OOC be on here or on Discord?
-Will drawn faceclaims be accepted?
-Will multiple characters be accepted?
-Is it possible for characters to have a slightly more Victorian than steampunk style?
-Is it possible to play a civilian (or at least someone who's not a monster hunter per say, but maybe knows them or works with them)?
-Is it possible to play a character who's either a monster in human guise or a human helping the monsters?

Super cool concept, btw :3
Alrighty, gonna answer all of your questions in one go.

1. Depends, I personally like discord but if y'all aren't comfortable with that we can host the OOC here.
2. Yes! I love creativity and as such will accept any drawn images no matter how they look like.
3. As long as you can keep track of multiple characters, it's fine by me.
4. Yes, Victorian Era clothing is still highly praised in this setting. Despite most things being steampunk-y many people still dress with relative normalcy.
5. Well with the civilian thing it's kinda a "shades of grey" territory. It's possible, however the hunters are trained to be able to deal better with corrupting influences, injuries and so forth. If you want too though, I'd be fine with it.
6. I should've put that on here to be perfectly honest. It's possible to play as any monster I posted on the link in the thread. They all have variable stats, drawbacks and advantages in order not to meta the game. If you decide to be a monster however, not all factions will allow you to be with them or may even try to end your life if found out.

I mean my character I made last time around was a half demon, and as such they had hefty drawbacks on almost every front. They were extremely good with magic though.

Alrighty, gonna answer all of your questions in one go.

1. Depends, I personally like discord but if y'all aren't comfortable with that we can host the OOC here.
2. Yes! I love creativity and as such will accept any drawn images no matter how they look like.
3. As long as you can keep track of multiple characters, it's fine by me.
4. Yes, Victorian Era clothing is still highly praised in this setting. Despite most things being steampunk-y many people still dress with relative normalcy.
5. Well with the civilian thing it's kinda a "shades of grey" territory. It's possible, however the hunters are trained to be able to deal better with corrupting influences, injuries and so forth. If you want too though, I'd be fine with it.
6. I should've put that on here to be perfectly honest. It's possible to play as any monster I posted on the link in the thread. They all have variable stats, drawbacks and advantages in order not to meta the game. If you decide to be a monster however, not all factions will allow you to be with them or may even try to end your life if found out.

I mean my character I made last time around was a half demon, and as such they had hefty drawbacks on almost every front. They were extremely good with magic though.
Very cool, and thank you!
(I don't have Discord so my personal preference is for an OOC thread on here ^^" )
I apologize if this has already been answered, but do the hunters get to use any kind of arcane abilities, or just weapons/technology?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back