• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom ๐”ผ๐•”๐•™๐• ๐•–๐•ค ๐•†๐•— ๐•‹๐•™๐•– ๐”ฝ๐• ๐•ฆ๐•ฃ โ„•๐•’๐•ฅ๐•š๐• ๐•Ÿ๐•ค (IC)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

Nothingness

Two Thousand Club
Rebellion Reconnaissance
Haru Endo
The Traitor
Ba Sing Se | Last Stop Bar
It was the middle of the evening, the moon was at its peak and it had been full. During these kinds of nights, most of the highly talented Water Benders in the Rebellion were usually sent out on spy or even assassination missions due to how the full moon boosted their bending to incredible heights while practically making nearly any fire bender almost powerless against them. If you weren't a Water Bender you still had some sort of responsibility in the Rebellion to help in such a situation when the moon was full like it was currently, but not this individual, not Haru.

Haru was told to take the night off and go relax to save his energy for when his skills with reconnaissance would eventually be needed. With the entire rebellion and everyone in the Earth Kingdom that actually knew him believing that Haru was a non-bender and that his skills were limited to his fancy footwork, his skills with a blade as well as his unmatched marksmanship with a bow and arrow, aside from that he was not believed to have much use during such an important time such as having a full moon. The other reason for his lack of orders was due to his unpredictableness when it came to combat due to his history of causing high amounts of collateral damages including but not limited to civilian deaths to get his mission completed.

Because of this, Haru now finds himself sitting on a barstool at one of the rundown bars in the slums of Ba Sing Se. Drowning his thoughts away with one shot after another of one of the most alcoholic drinks known throughout the Earth Kingdom. "Another one!" He'd slam the empty shot glass onto the countertop, his face all redden from the clear sign of being highly intoxicated, red hair stands draped over his face as the clearly older male bartender stood there cleaning a glass with a washcloth in one hand and the glass in the other. "Haru. Get out of here, you look like a winged lemur that's had way too much cactus juice.." As the bartender attempted to reason with Haru who stared at the empty shot glass as though he were staring into a void, the male would slam the shot glass down onto the counter yet again. "I don't care! Give me another--" As he was in the middle of his demand, Haru was suddenly stopped by a large burly man leaning against the counter beside him with a raised brow and a rather suspicious-looking smirk across his face.

"Hey, calm down miss. The bartender's just trying to do his job and make sure you're safe. How about I walk you home..hm?" As the large male offered to walk Haru home, as he spoke he'd brush one of his muscular hands up along Haru's forearm in a rather flirtatious manner only to have Haru narrow his gaze down towards the touch before he'd grab a hold of the stranger's forearm, pressing firmly into one of his pressure points causing the man to begin shouting in agony as he fell down to his knees. "Do not touch me..and that's..'sir', to you." As Haru warned the stranger, his once drunk-like expression quickly shifted to one that was completely sober as the muscular male pleaded for mercy, attempting to forcibly make Haru release his grip. "Al-alright..alright! I..I'm sorry..I'm sorry sir! Pl-please let me go!" The bartender during this time had kept out of the conversation and instead continued to clean the glass he had been holding the entirety of the time, it wasn't until Haru's grip began to tighten did the bartender finally speak up. "Haru. That's enough, let 'em go." Although Haru did not take orders from this older gentleman, he did as he was told, knowing well enough that if he didn't there would be a dead body in the bar that would possibly cause Haru to not be allowed to return anytime soon. Because of this, he did as he was told and released the larger male who scurried up to his feet before running off, holding his heavily bruised arm.

Code by Serobliss

Last edited:

• having a soft heart in a cruel world is courage, not weakness.
    tuuli rautio
    It was finally done, It was late at night the last letter had been sent off. Tuuli had been working all day, writing letters, and stamping them with the rebellion logo. Awhile ago, they had gotten word of the Fire Nation's potential plans to try and attack Ba Sing Se in the near future. What wasn't known was when or how. With this city as one of the many safe havens of the world today, it was best to be on the safe side, and best to try and get as many people together in one meeting to discuss the plans, which had also not been made, not officially at least, but Tuuli, she had been brewing ideas in her head, never one to write them down for fear that the fire nation might get hold of the plans, despite how unlikely that is with how neurotic Tuuli could be. She sighed heavily and looked at the first draft of the letter sent out, reading it over one more time.

Greetings [name/alias]

You are formally invited to Ba Sing Se for tea 7 days after the full moon. The teas served at this gathering will be jasmine tea and lotus tea which have come into season. Please be advised that this message is of utmost importance and discretion is advised.

Looking forward to seeing you there.

It was a simple, short, and sweet letter that appeared as a noble tea meeting. Those in the rebellion would recognize the blooming lotus symbol it was sealed with and most should be able to tell that they should meet at the Jasmine Dragon from the first tea and order lotus tea to inform that they had arrived and to be allowed in the back room that they were going to meet at. That was the hope at least. It took Tuuli at least 3 days to come up with this and now, the region had to be burned. A candle was lit in the window of her temporary apartment and she took a few long strides over, holding it above the candle and watching as the parchment caught flame and destroyed the paper into ashes, flashed of fighting the fire nation flew across her eyes as she stared into the flame, watching the ashes of the paper being carried into the wind and then she stepped back. How much longer can they wait? When were they going to put an end to this era, and how? The unknown haunted her constantly but, one does get used to it. Grabbing her cloak, she wrapped it around her body and pulled the fabric over her head. There was one person in the city she could simply tell in person, and that was her goal for the rest of the night. Maybe, later catch a few hours of sleep.

Tuuli stepped out into the streets at last, looking around walking off, dodging the occasional drunk person, going deeper into the slums of the city looking through the bars, and seeing a man run out from one looking like a frightened cat. It wasn't an unusual sight, but something about this one seemed, familiar. She looked up at the bar, shaking her head, and approached the door. Maybe he would be in there. Tuuli wasn't a fan of bars but, she had to do this. Slowly, the door creaked open and Tuuli stepped in, glancing around before her eyes landed at the bar, glued to the familiar man and slowly approached the bar.

"Give me something that looks like a drink, but not alcohol," she told the old bartender, getting a slight nod as she would move next to Haru. "Saw someone run off, figured based on the wound it had to be you," she said softly, taking down her hood and letting the fabric loosely drab over her body as a drink was set before her. "Even on your day off, you cause trouble. Drink some water, I have news to share."
    • outfit

coded by reveriee.

• Mood

n/a

Nari

Lava Bender

' --- ' = thoughts
" --- " = dialogue
-----------------------------------------

Nari awakened to the sounds of her mongoose lizard, Paki, begging for food. Quite a large creature Paki is, he takes up the entire bed while being curled up. Pakiโ€™s front legs were placed atop Nariโ€™s right arm,making little tippy taps to wake her up.

โ€œMmh?โ€
Nariโ€™s eyes fluttered open.

โ€œOhhh. Hi Pakiiii, you hungry?โ€

The taps increased in frequency and Paki snortled.

โ€œOf course you are. Iโ€™ll get you some meat in just a minute.โ€ Nari lifted her left hand up and rubbed Pakiโ€™s head. Paki removed his front legs and let Nari rise from her bed.

She looked around to the mirror on her nightstand, her hair was in disarray from her flipping and flopping in the night. Nari never really sleeps too well, especially in recent times because of the turmoil within the fire nation that she is undoubtedly a part of. The overarching plans of making a permanent escape from the land she lives in, hopefully with her parents, is constantly in her mind, she canโ€™t seem to think of anything else. Nari canโ€™t focus on trivial things such as love, or what games to play with her friends because she doesnโ€™t have that kind of freedom in her current situation. She longs for being able to do such things. However with the current situation, and with what her parents do, Nari feels like she is responsible for part of what the fire nation government is doing to the other nations.

โ€œPaki, if we want a change, we have to fight for it. Time to get off my ass, I must go to work.โ€ She said in a low voice, because she is always being watchedโ€ฆ

Nari hopped off of her bed and walked to her vanity. Nari opened up the doors, pulled out her clothes and dressed herself. The last step was to do her hair. Nari gently brushed the tangles out of her hair until it was silky. Nari then lightly dug her nails through the top section of her hair and grabbed her hair stick. She calmly twisted the hair section around the stick and into a bun.

โ€œPerfect.โ€

Nari then went through the rest of her morning as she usually does. She fed Paki, She ate breakfast with her family, of which she was notified that a meeting about some of her fatherโ€™s new inventions would be held later that night, then she went to sell her pottery.

At her pottery shop, a lanky fellow in dark colored attire took a gander at one of her pots on display.

โ€œHello, would you like some of my wares, sir?โ€

โ€œOh, Iโ€™m justโ€ฆ browsing.โ€
The man said as he picked up a piece. He then looked inside of it and examined the inside with his hand, feeling the smooth craftsmanship. The man placed the pot down.

โ€œA fine piece you have there, miss. Keep up the good work, unfortunately itโ€™s a bit pricey for me.โ€ The man then sauntered off to some other stalls in the market.

Nari stared at the pot for quite a while before she took a look into said pot and saw a small envelope inside. She picked up the pot and went into the backroom of her shop. Nari flipped the pot upside down and jiggled the envelope out. It has a blooming lotus symbol upon it.

โ€˜Ah, a message from the rebellion?โ€™

Nari opened the envelope and it turned out to be an invitation to a meeting in Ba Sing Seโ€ฆ How would she get to Ba Sing Se when she has to be in a meeting with her parents tonight? The only way to make it to the meeting on time is if she left on this day and not the nextโ€ฆ

โ€˜It appears I must enlist some helpโ€ฆโ€™

Nari made a note to a fellow earth bender acquaintance in the rebellion with a plan to fake kidnap her so she can leave at the correct time. She placed the note onto a messenger hawk and let it hop out the window to go notify said acquaintance.

It was 5:00 pm. The agreed time for her parentsโ€™ business meeting was 5:30pm. Nari decided to make dinner for this meeting. She was at the grill outside, melting some rocks under a metal grate to control the temperature of the meat she was cooking. If one didnโ€™t look close enough itโ€™d be assumed that she was fire bending.

Nari has always been told to try and appear as a fire bender by her parents. It isnโ€™t impossible for her to pass as one. She can easily ignite flammable objects such as wood just like a fire bender, except itโ€™s the work of a molten rock and or a small bit of coal being heated until it lights itself. Using coal is her favorite way of mimicking fire bending because it looks similar if the coal piece is small enough and a plus is she can move it around freely.

A dozen of cooked meats later and she was on to the vegetables. She heard the fire nation War Minister and accompanying soldiers arrive at her house for the meeting. A few of them were ordered to stay outside to keep watch while some others were ordered to stand guard outside the door to the dining room.

Nari finished placing the meats onto a large platter, and placed the vegetables into a large bowl. The maids placed them onto a rolling cart along with handmade ceramic plates and metal silverware.

In the dining room, the War Minister was seated, followed by Nariโ€™s parents.

โ€œWe welcome you to our home, we will start discussing details after the dinner has been eaten.โ€ Jisoo Song, Nariโ€™s mother, sat after welcoming the guests.

โ€œThank you for the hospitality Mrs. Song.โ€ Said the War Minister.

Nari and the maids made their way inside from the courtyard. The maids would head into the dining room first and set down the plates and food.

โ€œOur daughter was courteous enough to prepare the food tonight, sheโ€™s quite good at cooking.โ€ Jisoo watched as the food was dished out.

โ€œSheโ€™s also good with pottery, you can see her craftsmanship in our dishes!โ€ Her father, Juhyun Lee-Song , chimed in.

โ€œAh, quite exquisite details!โ€ The War Minister admired the little hand painted textures and flower designs on the dish. โ€œI bet it will make the food taste that much better.โ€

Nari stepped into the hallway and gently glided down the hall to the dining room entrance. She timidly eyed the guards outside the door, her eyelashes fluttered a few times. Then she looked past them and passed through.

โ€œWar Minister Lee, this is our daughter, Nari.โ€ Jisoo waved a hand at Nari, motioning for her to sit.

โ€œHh-hello..โ€ Nari spoke softly, bowed, and then sat down at the table in between her mother and father.

โ€œWeโ€™ve invited her to sit in on most of our meetings this year because she'll be inheriting the management of the business in a few years.โ€ Jisoo looked at Nari with a kind smile.

โ€œI see. Letโ€™s hope she lives up to your daring reputation, Mrs. Song.โ€

Nari fidgeted with her fingers and eyed the doorway briefly before eyeing the food, then she glanced at her father.

โ€˜I can't just leave during dinnerโ€ฆ I'll have to try for after..โ€™ Her eyes continued to wander.

โ€œNow that we have settled, shall we eat?โ€ Juhyun looked at Jisoo lovingly after seeing Nariโ€™s glance from the food to him.

Jisoo cheerily clapped her hands together. โ€œYes. Please dig in, everyone!โ€

They finished eating about half an hour later and started the meeting. It was all a bunch of โ€œHow is production goingโ€ and โ€œwhen will more be shippedโ€ etc etc. Then the big topic of the evening came upโ€ฆ

โ€œSo about the new invention, may you explain to me what it does, Mr. Song?โ€ War Minister Lee clasped his hands together and lightly rested his chin onto them.

โ€œAh, one moment.โ€ He looked to the maids and then they brought out some blueprints of Juhyunโ€™s newest weapon. โ€œThis here is basically a bomb, but a different one from ones that just use normal gunpowder.โ€

He pointed to a diagram of the fuel source used in these new bombs. โ€œThis substance here, I found while mining near the volcano at Shuhon Island. Itโ€™s a white rock that can be grinded into a fine powder which is highly reactive when it contacts paper specifically. Which means it forces the paper to combust and create intense heat, resulting in an instantaneous explosion.โ€

โ€œThere's two sides to this bomb, one half has the powder and one half has strips of paper. Thereโ€™s a button here that is pushed which sets a timer that will release this inside part at the set time thatโ€™s controlled by these notches here, which causes the materials to combine together. So there is ample time to release the bomb after the detonation starts.โ€
Juhyun points at various parts of the blueprint while explaining his new invention.

โ€œIn simple terms, itโ€™s more explosive, and gives off higher heat than previous bombs.โ€

โ€œVery good work, Mr. Song! Very good indeed, I will notify his highness of these lovely bombs of yours. When will they be in bulk production?โ€ War Minister Lee was delighted by this invention. He wrote down all of the information and received a copy of the blueprint.

โ€œWithin the next few weeks, we are still measuring the ratio of the white powder to paper for the proper explosion output.โ€

โ€œGood, good. Letโ€™s talk about some of the other ranged weapons now.โ€

Nari yawned, then looked at her mother. โ€œMother?โ€

โ€œYes, Nari?โ€

โ€œIโ€™m sleepy, may I go to my room?โ€

โ€œOf course, darling, youโ€™ve heard enough business talk today.โ€

โ€œThank you.โ€
Nari silently arose from her seat and slid herself into the hallway. She didnโ€™t look at the guards this time and swiftly went to her room.

โ€˜I hope she got my message..โ€™ Nariโ€™s escape from the meeting would be a good opportunity for her friend, who's been hiding underground, to help her get to Ba Sing Se.

Once Nari reached her room she closed the door and proceeded to be slurped into the ground like a noodle.

โ€œOh? So this is how you were doing it?โ€ Nari looked at a shadowed figure in the underground bubble they shared. Nari melted a rock to light a small torch she had hidden in her skirt.

โ€œThanks pal, to Ba Sing Se we gooo!โ€ Nari patted the other girl on the back.

โ€œAre you sure we won't be immediately followed?โ€
The girl twiddled a piece of her brown curls.

โ€œNot if we stay undergroundโ€ฆ Itโ€™s harder to follow scents if they are deep under the earth. We should probably go a little deeper for good measure though. Lead the way, Chia.โ€

Chia let out a sigh. โ€œAlright then. Oh and you should put away that fire nation insignia for now.โ€

โ€œRight, thanks.โ€
Nari took the pin off of her cape and placed it into her skirt pocket.

The two both tunneled their way to the port where a boat was waiting for them.

โ€œAfter I help you get to Ba Sing Se, I have other matters to take care of so I canโ€™t stay with you.โ€ Chia stated after the two walked onto the boat.

Nari nodded silently. She put her hood up and went to sit down.

It would take until after the meeting adjourned for Nari's parents to notice her missing, leaving them frantic. They asked for some of the soldiers that were present to track her...

โ™กcoded by uxieโ™ก

Last edited:

Hanami
"One Lee Jingyi, removed from society. From one million down to nine hundred and ninety-nine thousand, nine hundred and ninety-nine; or something like that." Hanami said to herself as she patted down her victim for personal belongings. "One locket, an engraved calligraphy brush, and... a letter?" She whispered to herself, putting the aforementioned items in her bag and staring at the letter. The symbol on it wasn't unfamiliar to her, however she had still yet to figure out who or how to interact with those behind it. Taking a look inside, she skimmed the contents briefly.

The teas served at this gathering will be jasmine tea and lotus tea which have come into season.

That section was all that really registered in her mind, filtering out the rest as being filler besides the location of Ba Sing Se. Some sort of code, no doubt, but she knew she would have no real way to decipher it; at least, not where she currently stood.

"To Ba Sing Se." Hanami said to herself, dropping off the personal belongings of her now deceased target, minus the letter, at the location specified by the client before slipping out of town. She snuck into a supply transport belonging to the Fire Nation army that was headed in the general direction of Ba Sing Se. It took a while, however she made her way from the outskirts of the Fire Nation to the outskirts of Ba Sing Se. She would begin roaming around, wearing local clothing, blending into crowds, and avoiding all eye contact that came her way. "Kazuki... This group of yours, that which marked Kaseki on his final day before being captured... I will figure them out, and once I do... I'll be coming for your head."

Entering the nearby bar, Hanami took a seat separated from the crowd, ordering a drink and pretending to sip on it whilst attempting to listen in on drunken conversations in the hopes of overhearing something relevant to her pursuits. Unfortunately for her, all the conversation she could pick up from her spot was of no value, and unbeknownst to her was two individuals of extreme relevancy just out of earshot. "No such luck on the first night, I suppose."

Ulva looked at her reflection in the river water, she was maskless and therefore could see the full extent of her injuries. Even months after the incident that burned her and she still wasn't used to her injuries. Each time she looked at herself it was a shock, like she was looking at another person as it couldn't have happened to her. She was a princess, after all, a beauty that was envied and wanted by all in her realm. However, the memories flooded back, the fire, intense heat and the searing pain of flesh and muscle being burned away, so overwhelming that her brain had to go black to protect itself from what she was experiencing.

Not that she needed any more reminders, mind you. Despite healing as well as such deep wounds could be, searing pain would light up again at random, causing her great discomfort, that was why she was by the water. She began to move her hands over the water bending water out of the river and guiding against the painful part of her wounds, a bit of focus later the water began to glow which began to sooth the wound and ease the pain at least for the moment. If only healing bending could do more but the damage was to extensive even for spirit water to heal. She had to accept that this was her reality now.

"Help! Help!" A male voice screamed behind her. She sighed, her companion had woken up. She stood up, pounding the water back on to her hand and freezing it into a long sharpened ice spike which she held. She put on her mask and turned, facing the unfortunate fire nation officer she had taken prisoner and tied to a nearby tree.

"Quiet!" she ordered before through the ice spike which she guided into the officer's shoulder, who howled in pain and fired several slurs at her as she approached. "You want to talk, then tell me where General Kwai is, and maybe you can live to see your home islands again."

"So...Sod...off..." He began to tried to curse at her, shivering in both pain and being frozen by the ice spike. She prevented him from saying any more as she pushed the spike deeper and twisted it, making him groan.

"Now now, the more you delay the more likely it is for you to lose the arm. Now tell me..." He went to ask again before hearing a familiar cry of a messenger bird. She turned to the noise and let out bird call to get it intention. The bird looked down and quickly changed direction to dive on her shoulder and hand her Tuuli's message. She took a moment to read it before sighing and turning to her prisoner, bending more water from her water skin and forming another ice spike. "We really need to speed things along here. I am now in rush my friend."

Last edited:
Two middle-aged men wearing everyday casual attire were currently enjoying a warm beverage inside of a cafe. The two silently continued sipping on the drink before one of them finally decided to start speaking.

"Zhฤng...Jingyi's dead."

The listener took another sip from the cup as he patiently waited for the speaker to continue. They both knew that he wasn't here just to announce that a member of the familia had been killed. There were too many things that demanded their attention, and grieving the loss of a single life wasn't high on the priority list. In fact, any notable individual that made it past the 'slave' status would at least have their names written on the upcoming arbitrary.

"Is there any outstanding orders in regards with Blooming Lotus?"

The man shook his head, "As far as I'm concerned, it's business as usual with them, why?"

"He died trying to deliver a message to the them..." he paused and balled his right hand into a fist. "...while in a Sanctuary."

The latter part of the explanation changed everything. It was bad enough that one of the messengers between their group and the Blooming Lotus had been assassinated, but for them to die in a safe haven? This would be impossible to ignore or even sweep under the rug.

"Intent?" he finally asked out of curiosity.

Rubbing the back of his neck, he grit his teeth before answering, "Purposeful. It was very clean and silent. The killing was efficient. We would've missed it if security didn't manage to capture her essence." He then handed him a fully colored, earth-sculpture of the culprit to the other person.

Zhฤng felt his breath hitch a bit as he instantly recognized who this was supposed to be. There was no mistaking who those eyes belonged to, but still, she knew the rules of the underground, and for her to disregard it all. Both of them stewed in silence as the inevitable decision loomed in the air.

"Executive order of excommunication for Hanami will be effective, immediately," Zhฤng said with a neutral tone.

"What about the Blooming Lotus? They are going to want...something."

Zhฤng closed his eyes, crossed his arms, and leaned back against the chair. He absolutely dreaded what was about to happen, but he knew that it had to be done. While those the dwelled within the underground dregs of society weren't law-abiding citizens by any stretch of the imagination, they did follow a different set of codes and rules. Without them, then they wouldn't be any different from the mindless animals that wandered the surface.

"The council will most likely have an open contract bounty on Hanami. Once the status and amount is confirmed, it'll be spread to everyone else like usual."

After exchanging a few more pleasantries, Zhฤng saw the other man leave the building. Letting out a small sigh, he then merely asked, "It's another bounty, you can choose whichever one you want to pursue, Kana."

The brunette stared at the visage of the girl before leaving the cafe.

Rebellion Reconnaissance
Haru Endo
The Traitor
Ba Sing Se | Last Stop Bar

Mention: N/A
Interactions: 606 606

With the stranger running off with an injured arm and the bartender still seeming to refuse to pour Haru another drink even after seeing what had occurred, Haru sat there on the stool, holding his shot glass still in hand that had a tiny amount of alcohol still sitting at the bottom of it. Even if Haru and the bartender knew that he could easily take down the bartender if needed, Haru still respected the older male behind the counter that he wouldn't bring himself to harm him.

As footsteps soon began to approach beside him, Haru kept his gaze focused on the glass rather than turning to see who had been approaching. When the individual beside him had ordered a drink from the bartender, it was almost instantaneous that Haru recognized who the individual was; Tuuli, second in command of the Blooming Lotus rebellion. Exhaling a deep audible sigh after realizing who it had been, Haru still refused to turn to look at the female and instead continued to remain silent while staring at his glass. Even as Tuuli brought up the fact she had seen the injured man that ran off as well as bringing up the fact that he had still been causing trouble even on his day off, Haru would only respond with a light huff before resting one of his elbows onto the countertop, placing his cheek against his palm and turning his head in the opposite direction of where Tuuli stood beside him.

"Give me a break Tuuli. What do you want anyway? Boss already told me to keep a low profile for the rest of the evening...can't exactly help with anything." As Haru responded, he raised his shot glass only to drip what little of his alcoholic drink was left onto the tip of his tongue to savor the bitter taste of it.
Code by Serobliss

Kana
Kana lightly munched on the street food that was given to her and gave the vendor a smile and then the 'thumbs-up' of approval. The site was a curious one as it wasn't here the last time she had visited this particular city. When she went to visit the stall, her eyes spotted some type of steaming, crispy, brown balls that were sizzling on top of some kind of metallic surface. The brunette had no idea what they were and merely wanted to investigate what they could possibly be. Upon consumption of said mystery product, she had an inkling that it used squid or octopus as the main ingredient, but everything else surrounding it could only be unraveled by a full-blown confession from the creator. Or further tests.

Either way, she wrote the information down on the black notebook before letting out a sigh. Taking a light stroll down the uneven street, the brunette managed to find a mirror on another stall and did a quick check on herself. It was a good idea to wear the white sundress and yellow sun hat as it easily helped her blend in with the rest of the crowd.

As she took in the different sights and sounds of the local festivities, she suddenly heard someone loudly yell, "Stop! Thieves!" Curiosity had once again struck her fancy as Kana made her way to the point of interest.

A small crowd was beginning to gather near the commotion, and from the current active participants, Kana was able to deduce what was currently transpiring. The shopkeeper had most likely yelled about the perpetrators, and a pair of thieves were currently being chased by a non-local surface dweller. It was very apparent from her attire, a pair of sarouel pants and a sleeveless jacket, that she didn't know the laws of the land and was acting rashly for no apparent reason. Maybe that was why people were standing around, to see the eventual spectacle that was ensure to occur?

Kana didn't have to wait long to see the white-haired outsider launch two fireballs at the retreating thieves. One of the unfortunate robbers got their leg singed, while the other wasn't even touched. The brunette dully stared at the offending criminal and decided to spare the out-of-towner the hassle of the local enforcers. Sticking her leg out, she managed to make the other bandit tumble on the ground before directly faceplanting onto the asphalt.

"Damn! I really thought I had mastered multitasking. I guess that old geezer was right. I need more practice. At least I got one, though. Good enough."

The brunette unwrapped a piece of candy and popped it into her mouth.

"What the-"

Kana saw the fire-bender had come around and had taken notice of the downed thief. She could sense the white-haired female was attempting to size her up, but that was none of her concern. All she wanted to do now was duck back into the crowd before the uniformed officers arrived on the scene.

"Nice save, but I would've caught him eventually."

The brunette turned to the speaker and gave her a dead-panned stare. Judging from response, or lack thereof, it was clear to her that this one had no idea of the messy paperwork and judicial inquiry that they had barely managed to avoid. At this point, it was probably better for her to feign ignorance and leave the premise as quickly as she could-

"Halt! Nobody move until I get to the bottom of things here!"

Kana looked at the officer that had just arrived on the scene with a bored expression on her face. While she knew that every city above the surface had their own laws of flavor, they generally tended to loosely follow some global ones as well. One of them was the act of vigilantism. No matter how well the intentions were, it was an act that was largely frowned upon. The brunette had no idea what prompted her to even assist this complete and total strange, if anything, she was bringing unwanted attention on herself. Letting out a sigh, she pointed to the nondescript idiot on the floor and then merely shrugged in response.

"So, these two tried to rob that store, but then ended up hurting themselves, huh?"

A nod of confirmation. The officer then looked at the white-haired girl and tipped his cap, "Enjoy your stay here missy."

Kana let out another sigh as she popped another piece of candy into her mouth. The artificial sweetener hardly did anything to her taste buds, however, the rush of sugar through her system was a different story. Yes, it was hardly what one would call sustenance, but in the absence of her usual nutrient, this would be a decent substitute. As she began to walk away, she felt something tug against the soft fabric of her dress.

"Hey, well, uh...I'm Aidana, and I'm a traveler, so you wanna take a look around together with me for a bit? Who knows, we might actually kind of enjoy it."

Kana took out a white note book and flipped through it as a small frown appeared on her face. Her schedule was now officially ruined and there was nothing more she could do about it. Well, it wasn't particularly anything important, just a simple itinerary for what she was going to do when she arrived inside of the town. Staring back at the other girl, she was about to say something when they heard a loud shouting off in the distance.

"Come one and come all for a grand premium tour of the city! Limited spots, come and do one today!"

Kana immediately pointed to the aforementioned tour as she made her way to the announcer. Once the pair arrived, the man finally stopped shouting and took a look at the two.

"Would you two lovely ladies like to take a grand tour of this lovely, but not as lovely as you two, city?"

The brunette handed him her white notebook, along with a black coin. The man blinked as he quietly pocketed the coin before flipping through the pad and closing it.

"Allow me to give you and Ms. Aidana a special, unofficial version of a tour of this city."

The two were taken to various hotspots, stores, specialty areas, and any other famous locations that were usually mentioned on any guide booklet. However, the difference here was that the man leading them around was extra attentive to the smaller details surrounding the city, along with taking them to the lesser known places that only the locals were privy to. Finally, towards the end of the day, he had brought them to a building that was normally off-limits to commoners. Once inside, they went to the top floor where they witnessed beautiful fireworks going off in the distant evening sky.

While the one called Aidana had done most of the talking with the tour guide, she didn't mind taking a back seat and taking in the scenario. Once it was finished, Kana walked over to the white-haired girl and handed her a black coin. No explanations were given as she merely smiled before she looked back at the artistic fireworks.

---

The brunette mumbled under her breath as she was woken from her light nap. Boat trips were always nice, they gave her a chance to relax.

Interaction: Zervo_ibisx2 Zervo_ibisx2

Toru frowned as he looked over reports sent to him by messenger hawks from throughout the fire nation colonies. They all reports on rebel activity from his spies and agents, normally he could expect a decent forecast of rebel activity but now they were all quiet. Nothing, not even a peep of something going on, no transfer of resources or sightings around military or crucial sights. Nothing of the usual rebel activity. They were keeping quiet and some might consider that a good thing, a sign that the rebels have given up, he certainly knew several general that would report such things but. However, he did not see it that way.

If the rebels were keeping quieter than, it was because they wanted to escape notice and make the fire nation complacent. Something was going on and he needed to find out what. He reread the reports, particularly those of known or suspected rebel agents, they were all travelling. To where it was not known, but they were moving towards the Earth kingdom. Were they trying to organize with earth kingdom soldiers for an operation. He needed to report to the General Kwai who might get some soldiers to intercepts the rebels. If he isn't too busy on other matters, Toru felt his reports were getting appropriate attention. Still, he will send his report and hope for the best, but he should rely on it.

He needed to take a personal hand at this, and he knew how. The song family were rich merchants with suspected ties with the Rebels. He had noted information send in their presence seemed to have found its way to the rebels, so could be worth a friendly visit to their estates.

Aidana frowned at the ceiling as she thought silently. After all these years of traveling, she still hasn't found her permanent home. Who knew it'd be this hard? She sighed and sat up, looking around her shabby room. It wasn't much, but at the moment it was all she could afford. A single twin bed with one pillow, a small dresser beside the bed, but that was pretty much everything. She didn't even get her own bathroom. She had to share with everyone else, which is incredibly disgusting. She didn't think she was better than anyone, but come on. It reeks of death and sadness. That should be telling, but it was better than sleeping outside. Well, almost better.

Aidana stretched and decided to go out for a walk. If she stayed in her room any longer, she just might go insane. Grabbing her small bag and pulling it over her head to lay across her chest, Aidana quickly left the room. She flew right past the other guests, not bothering to apologize or even warn them of her approach. It was easy for her to weave her way around the oncoming people. Although, she did accidentally kick something on her way out. Oh well.

Once she was outside, Aidana took a deep breath and smiled. "Fresh air. Finally." She looked around and decided to do a little market shopping. As she was walking, she noticed a small shop and smiled as she fondly remembered when she and that girl - Kana was it? - stopped those two thieves. Kana didn't say much then. Actually, Aidana couldn't remember Kana talking at all. Either way, spending the day with her was fun. Too bad she'd never run into her again. Once Aidana separated from a traveling companion, she never seemed to see them again. Though it could be for the best. After what happened to her parents...

She noticed that she had stopped walking and was staring at the shop. The shopkeeper was starting to give her weird looks. Aidana cleared her throat and gave the shopkeeper a small smile and wave. She just rolled her eyes and shook her head, mumbling something about "Kids these days.". She wanted to point out that she wasn't a kid, but decided against it and continued to look around the area. Her next stop would be at the Southern Water Tribe, as long as she didn't make any more stops.

Airbender
Arihn
Normal Mood
Somewhere near the Earth Kingdom|

When the musicians exist, she knew, her peace could be created. All the weight on her shoulders forgotten as her legs flung in the air, her hands her new steadying forces. Arihn listened to the air clapping with her moves. It danced with her. A constant back and forth her auditorium had to endure. Most of the hair flapped loose but it tickled a laughter out of them.

Arihn kept going. The sky- it was free from all the laws and wars. And so was she when Il flew her up there. It's oppositing had to be the ground. Bound to how the humans and animals used it and to the weatherly moods. To feel free here required a lot. But when Arihn danced and forgot these laws existed, the shackles loosened.

The music picked up in it's pace. Her body joined the new tempo rashly. Even the wind around her adjusted to a milder breeze. She bounced on her legs, pivoting. The dust swirling up had to be a paid accesoir but she supposed she had luck. With a swift hand motion she could taste it in the air and used it. The dust curled around her and her limbs whenever they parted. Arihn dodged minor stones hidden in them. It brought an uproar of applaud in the tiny audience. Ten, she had counted. And four of them played their instrument.

From the air, Arihn had noticed them. Earth Kingdom resisted the Fire Nation. For how long? Arihn forgot the thought as quickly as it came as the music ended and she stood before bright grins. Before, they had all looked doomed and their long faces beyond repair.

The air nomad whirled a gust of dust in front of her and before it could clear, she was long gone. Behind a few bushes and trees, Ari hid, grasping as much air as possible. Her chest flatten and bobbed in an even pattern. After a capped moment, she sprinted through the leaves and leaped over the roots. Her body remained to itch for more. More movement, more music, more, more, more. It took her all the way to her bison Il before she brought her mind to a peaceful state.

Il waited for her on a small valley plataeu in the midst of the forest. Though he laid on his side, not even looking out for himself. With him, Ari needn't use her voice. She had no issues talking but forming words... Sometimes it became too much for her.

She felt for the air around the bison, the weight he carried before she adjusted a tiny current to hoist Il on his feet. It failed, as she anticipated. But it woke him. Il gaped his jaw wide, releasing a long, low yawn.

With her own wind gust, Ari planted herself on the massive saddle her bison had strapped on his back. She gave him three clasps at his side for him to start flying. Yip-Yip had long lost its usage to her and Il. He knew where to, too. If she didn't nodge him otherwise, he'd simply fly to the tribe's location.

Ari used it to settle in the middle, her legs crossed and tucked under each other. Her hands clasped loosely around her knees. The wind howled in her ears, interwined with her hair. He cooled down her burning cheeks and ears. Ari patiently drew in a breath, counted to five and released it. She closed her eyes to hear the wind more carefully. Something flew in the skies.

Ari jumped to the reins from Il. If this was one of the fire nation's ships-

Laughter.

Jarring, loud laughter of two very unfamiliar voices. Ari almost groaned as she let her hands fall, still clutching to the reins. From the clouds emerged two other bisons. Jamyang and Rangehn- the twin pair in her age. Upon seeing her, they wildly threw their hands around in a way of greeting.

"Ari!" Jamyang sing-sang and nodged her own bison to her and Il.

"Ah, there you are," chored her sister and followed suit. "We looked everywhere. Were you dancing again?"

Arihn gave them a short-held nod. Used to her silence, they kept on bubbling with their very spectecular day. Ari counted the clouds instead of listening to them.

"... And then, Ari, you received a letter," she heard Jamyang saying. Her head lifted and twitched to her. Without a word, Jamyang quickly nodded her affirmation. "Yes. Yes. Someone wrote to you. Oh, gosh! A secret lover?" Her eyes went round in the break of a second.

Ari rolled her eyes in response.

"The elders have it," Rangehn added. "They haven't looked, though."

Good, Ari thought to herself. If anyone wrote to her... No. Who could it be? Definitely no one from her auditoriums nor from the theatres. Those simply waited until she was around once again. Arihn stretched and leaned back on the saddle. Il stole a glance at her before continuing straight ahead.

Only in the matter of minutes until they landed on the cliff where the tribe camped at. The bisons laid on a field, their sides exposed to the warming sun. A few youngsters trained to understand what power they carried within. Ari noticed a little boy growing a ball of air in his hand. But he lost his control. It whipped left and right. She snipped her fingers, snatching some of the collected air and released it. Soon, the boy smiled again. Jamyang elbowed her.

"You aren't supposed to help," she told her, though with a giggle.

"Can't help it," Ari responded quickly.

"Arihn!" She held in her tracks. An elder, crooked and wry, waved her over. One of the three elders of her tribe and hence one of the heads. One of those, who made the decisions. Although the tribe had a loud voice. Only together they could be heard.

She gestured her goodbye at the twin sisters before she paced besides him. Ari towered over him. Though, most of the nomads did.

"You received a letter. I send Jamyang and Rangehn to get you. I hope we didn't-"

She quickly shook her head. He didn't need to know she had finished just in time nor where she was. Ari used a little secretavity to remain some sorts of privacy. In a tend under the night sky and with a bison at the back... she didn't have much of it.

Behind the camp had the elders their own site. The other two had settled on the ground, a cup in their hands. Ari restrained the will to pull on the white hair reaching from their chins to the ground. Instead, she took the letter the first one now gave her.

Without another wasted minute, she read through it. Together with those three old men, who couldn't keep their nose out of anything.

"A meetup?"

"In Ba Sing Se?"

"Ari has... acquintances to drink tea with?"

She rolled her eyes. It had this smell- where had she smelled this aroma before? She pivoted the letter in her hand, her gaze falling onto a lotus insignia. Now! She saw something alike with Tuuli and this- she held it closer to her nose- had the scent of her friend on it. Well, she supposed, friends in a sort of way. She didn't want to solely determine their relationship yet. Lotus. The trait from her rebellion group?

"Well?"

Ari flinched as all six eyes stared at her. She stumbled over her words, hiding behind the thing piece of paper.

"It would be rude to go," the tiniest one told her.

"You should honor this inventation," the tallest one added.

"You better leave now," prompted the middle grown one, padding her shoulder and shoving her to the camp. "Take Il. Go now, before you are too late."

If only they knew... Ari had once told Tuuli her dire wish to help people but the peaceful way of the nomads stood in her way. If they didn't know of it... She shook her head. Perhaps Tuuli only called for, well, tea and wanted to catch up. After all, they hadn't seen each other for quite a time. How tall had the non-bending air nomad gotten?

Ari supposed she'd find out soon enough. The ten nomads left of her tribe watched her pack. Jamyang and her sister hopped to her side.

"Where is our AriAri going?"

To join a rebellion, she wanted to tell them both. This far, the twin set has become her friends over time as they showed to disdain towards her silence.

"A friend," she replied and folded her tent. With an airy whistle, Il appeared at her side not long after.

"A friend?"

"Ba Sing Se," Ari allowed them to know. She threw her belongings onto the saddle and herself right after it. The reins in her hands once more.

"Be careful, okay?" Rangehn called from the ground. The two bowed quickly before they left. Arihn yanked at the reins, whispering the magical words to the bison so he could fly.

Her new course: Ba Sing Se.
Code by Serobliss

having a soft heart in a cruel world is courage, not weakness.
tuuli rautio
She chuckled a little as a drink was passed down to her and she motioned to the bartender to give Haru another drink. She pulled out a piece of paper from under the folds of her clothing and would gently slide it over to the other.

"There is nothing wrong with standing for yourself. 7 days from now, met us. You might be wild but, you are skilled, we might need you." she said softly, taking her drink as another would be placed down in front of Haru. She pulled out some money and slide it over to the bartender and nodded. "Last one on me. I should really teach you chi blocking one of these days. Anyways, enjoy your night. Don't kill anyone." Finishing off her drink in a few large gulps, she set the glass down before stepping back from the bar, facing Haru to make sure he takes the letter before anyone else then turned and walked away.

She looked up to the sky and stopped in the middle of the road, taking a moment to breathe in the cool air, a wave of tiredness washing over the female. Not yet. She still had matters to attend to even during what was a lovely night. Yet even now with the information of the danger and threat that lurked from the fire nation, this calm night might not last for much longer. It could be days, or even months from now but, it was still unclear. She had to get all their allies together and ready. Tuuli had friends all over at this point, acquittances in many advantageous positions, and knew how to keep their secret safe. The hardest part for some was to get in contact with, and one of them was the prince of Ba Sing Se, though still a good friend. She looked around before disappearing into the shadow of the alley, beginning to move her way to the upper rings, quietly informing other rebellion members along the way who were already in Ba Sing Se. Word began to spread through more and more members under the cover of night, soon beginning to reach the outskirts of the city and leaving the city. This was the network she has built under the rebellion leader, the one that might finally put the end to this war, avatar or no avatar.

coded by reveriee.

ATLA-Gina-earthbender-digital-lineart-v2-approved-color-R-Finished-2500-WEB.jpgJiayi Feng
Interaction
: N/A
Mentioned: N/A

Sometimes in life, you had to make decision. Jiayi's life had been full of moments like that, but in those instances, she had people to talk to. Her family, her friends, her mentors. They all had guidance and wisdom to give, and she always considered their words carefully. This however...was a matter she couldn't share with anyone. Her shift had ended hours ago, and after helping out around the market, Jiayi has returned home. Her little apartment was nothing fancy, a small one bedroom with thin walls that let the sounds of the street waft up and dance across her ears. It was comforting, not at first as she was use to it being silent or maybe the sounds of the animals her family raised. The sounds of the city use to keep her awake, tossing and turning. Now it was the silence that kept her up. Today though, it was something else.

Not long ago, Jiayi had received a letter. Addressed to her, by name, not some random letter that didn't really mind who read it's words. The letter was very straightforward, but it wasn't at the same time. The lotus symbol was gnawing at her mind, something she recognized but didn't at the same time. It would take the woken making dinner, enjoying a cup of tea and settling down to write her own letter when it clicked! The Jasmine Dragon! Of course! The woman was a little puzzled however, why was she being invited to have tea there? If it was something for the guard, Jiayi was certain she'd be told in person. And if it were her parents...the letter wouldn't be nearly this breif or formal. In fact, her mother probably would have just dropped in unannounced during her after work nap.

So this had to be a letter from a stranger. And strangers, obviously, were not meant to be trusted. Luring her to a tea shop though seemed...odd if they had something nefarious planned. Which brought Jiayi to her decision. Should she go? Or should she turn this letter over to her supervisors? It might have been from some criminal she had apprehended in the past or other criminal elements. Then again, she was confident she'd be able to get out if that was the case. Not to mention if she did wind up in danger, and had backup, that night tea shop would be ruined. Jiayi didn't want that at all. As she wrote, all updates to her parents, her gaze would occasionally drift to the letter sitting there on her desk. After a while, she had made up her mind. In 7 days, she'd go for tea. Lotus tea. The letter she'd hid under her bed, just in case she needed it later for evidence. After all, she had no idea what this meant or what she was heading into.

Chantal continued along the long road to her distant destination, eventually arriving upon the narrow strip of straight yet steep stones that bisected the great east and west lakes of the earth kingdom. The pass rose high above the water flanked by steep cliffs with an ornate torri gate to signify the start of the path.

"Interesting, One would assume its name was from horizontal curves rather than vertical, though wave pass would perhaps more travellers than the serpent."

Certainly travelling via boat would have been faster, but she never was one for such methods and there was plenty of time. She had generally stayed away from the larger cities so this would be her first venture into the capital of the kingdom, a trip brought on by a chance encounter with a wounded messenger bird and spurred on by natural curiosity. She never did need an excuse to travel, if anything it was the opposite in both aspects, and time would tell if this current trip would reveal one.

Putting those thoughts to the side she started her walk up the steep incline, a soft stream of dust thrown up from each step of her bare feet as she adjusts her hood and keeps her eyes ahead. She was garbed in dark colours in a sleeveless hooded robe and matching canvas slacks, though all in all she would be quite inconspicuous if not for being found on the hazardous route she had chosen.

After a long trip, Aidana finally made it to the Southern Water Tribe. Her friend, Camille, came out to of her house to meet her. "Aidana! You made it! How are you?" Camille asked. Aidana hugged her friend. "Hey Cami. It's been so long. I'm great, how have you been?" Camille released her with one extra squeeze. "I could be better. The Fire Nation is relentless. They arrested Kira and Lee a few months ago. I haven't heard from them since." She said sadly. Camille sighed and shook her head, her shoulders starting to sag.

Aidana put her hands on her sad friend's shoulders. "Don't worry, Camille. Kira and Lee are the strongest people I know. They'll make it. In the meantime, someone needs to do something about the Fire Nation. They've taken so much from me, from everyone! We can't continue living like this!" She could feel her blood starting to boil just from the thought of the Fire Nation. Camille's face lit up instantly. Aidana studied her warily. "Oh no. No no no, you're making your idea face. Things never end well when you make that face." Camille waved away her concern. "This time it's a great idea. You should join the rebellion in Ba Sing Se! You'd fit right in! Aaand you'd help them take down the Fire Nation. It's perfect!"

Aidana shook her head and crossed her arms. "No way. Do you really think they'd trust a fire bender? For all they know, I could be a spy." Camille put her hands on her hips. "You're not a spy. All you have to do is explain that to them. They won't turn you down, I know they won't." Aidana sighed. "You and your ideas. It'll never work, Cami. No one trusts a fire bender." Camille put a comforting hand on Aidana's arm. "That's not true. You have my trust and everyone here. At least check it out. For Kira and Lee?" Aidana caved immediately, letting out a defeated sigh. "Okay, I'll do it. It's in Ba Sing Se, you say? I'd better get going right away then."

After saying her hello's and goodbye's, Aidana started her new journey: Joining the rebellion.

having a soft heart in a cruel world is courage, not weakness.
tuuli rautio

Since last night, the message was spread just according to plans. All that's left is to wait. In doing so, Tuuli would pick up a job as a server at the Jasmine Dragon for the time being, keeping a watchful eye out and her ears open, keeping a mental count of those who have arrived. Days would begin to go by and her heart began to beat faster as the days went by.

6 days.

No one showed yep yet until late at night but still a very small number.

5 days.

More began to arrive and whispers of ordering lotus tea began to spread. People are coming.

4 days.

Tuuli served out multi โ€œlotusโ€ teas that day, each with a note that said the time and place of where to meet. Jasmin Dragon in the early evening, before the sun begins to set.

3 days.

She was nervous, not scared that not many would show up but it seemed that many got their messages and decided to come. That much Tullincould be thankful for.

2 days.

The numbers by now were rapidly increasing, sales of the Jasmine Dragon skyrocketing as Tuuli now tries her best to pick out those who are members and who arenโ€™t. While she knew many involved, it still was a struggle to separate who was there for the meeting to who was trying to infiltrate.

1 day.

Stragglers would begin to fill in, and Tuuli never felt more stressed, worried about presenting the information to such a large crowd. She was more unfocused today than ever before. Her heart was beating in her throat as she would mindlessly serve tea to regular customers at the tea shop. Orders flew in her ear and out the other, filtering out anything other than the word Jasmine and Lotus. The two words she must keep in the forefront of her mind. Tuuli fully was prepared to not have anyone show up yet, she was pleasantly surprised. Thankfully a few earth benders have gratefully carved out a large meeting area under the shop for those who have arrived.

It was early morning and pretty empty in the shop as Tuuli would make sure the tables were set up properly and mindlessly now dusting outside the steps of the shop, an apron over her usual garb. Eyes darted around, watching as the great city would begin to wake up with the Sun in the sky, more and more people coming and going into the shop for a morning cup.

It will be fine. It has to be. One more day. Tuuli would try and convince herself, smiling at a few customers who began to enter the job before entering herself, setting the broom in her hands to the side and walking up the the customer who just walked in.

โ€œWelcome to The Jasmine Dragon. What can I get for you?โ€
โ€œJust a cup of matcha tea.โ€

Tuuli nodded and would head to the counter and grab the tea cup that the true fire lord Iroh just made.

โ€œI might take off earlier today to plan for tomorrow. But Iโ€™ll be here for most of the morning,โ€ she mentioned to Iroh before going to serve the tea and greeting more customers coming into the tea shop.
  • outfit

coded by reveriee.

Airbender
Arihn
Normal Mood
Ba Sing Se|

Interaction: 606 606

โ€œDo you even understand what you are doing?โ€

She did. And yet, somehow, no one believed it. Arihn made no amends by telling the twins. They had been there for her, even covered for her when she took the fighting lessons. Yet, she couldnโ€™t come clear to them about the rebellion. Ari had seen enough of the current reign, havocing across the tribes. Ba Sing Se kept its head up, its walls steady. If anything, she had to join now or never. Tuuli Rautio- a non bender she had met moons ago- sent an invitation- a call for help, for more members to join.
Air nomads lived a life of peace, in harmony with nature at its core. Bloodshed from both sides- rebellion and fire nation- was considered the highest sins. To murder for power, she supposed, was unthinkable for them. She understood their ways, had lived them all these years. Her fingers flexed along the reins as her thoughts wandered to the weapon hidden in her hair.

These times requested more than peaceful speeches or the belief in the better nature of humans. It needed people to fight for tomorrow. And Ari had trained for this. One day or another, the fire nation would seek out her tribe either way. If she stopped them- no, she would put a halt to them. Her people will not be harmed.
But the twins wouldnโ€™t understand. Not with their finished education as an air nomad.

โ€œHead back,โ€ she told them before giving Il a yank. Her bison understood and dived into the clouds. She could hear the two of them arguing for a moment. A brisk noise fading with the wind around her. Ari leaned back on the head of the beast, her hand unconsciously stroking the fur. What would she tell Tuuli? Would she remember her?
Ari scoffed. There was nothing to remember her for. She barely ever talked, kept herself in the background or was never to be seen. They had conversed once or twice or even trained together! It didnโ€™t mean Tuuli had to keep memories of her.

A whole day later, Arihn rolled onto her stomach as the massive walls came into sight. She gave Il a quick command to set out for a landing, whilst her eyes scanned the area. Many had come to Ba Sing Se. Some of them could have been fire benders- she hoped for the opposite. The ground came closer. Ari considered the normal entrance. Though, she supposed, the atmosphere would be tense due to all the circumstances. They would be suspicious of her. She directed Il to a blind spot, allowing him to finally rest.
He released a yawn and nuzzled his muzzle into her palm. โ€œIl,โ€ Ari began, her voice ever so soft around the edges. โ€œGo hide, okay? I will come and find you once I am done.โ€ She was aware of the mountains surrounding this area only a flight away. Her bison- after releasing another sigh- ascended into the sky once more. Her gaze trailed after him for a short moment before she leaped over the wall. As no guard came into her sight, she allowed herself to slip into the busy streets.

Peopleโ€™s gazes followed her until she dipped behind another chunk of people. Like a phantom sliding between the shadows. The guards, however, paid little to no attention to her as they were sure their colleagues from the walls had allowed her entrance. Not quite a lie. They would have let her in- Ari supposed. Either way. This was just faster.
She checked the letter again and looked for a rather unnoticeable tea shop. After a bit of walking her feet to flat rice cakes, Ari found something that simply spoke for Tuuliโ€™s attire. She headed inside, instantly being estranged by all the people enjoying their morning drink. They had the gears of common Ba Sing Se occupants. Ari, however, was dressed in the colors of her tribe- of all the air benders.

The waitress smiled at her nonetheless.

โ€œI uh-โ€ She crept closer, avoiding to quickly glance around and steadied her voice. โ€œA jasmine tea, please.โ€
But nowโ€ฆ this close- โ€œWait. Tuuli?โ€
Code by Serobliss

Last edited:
The old Dragon and the young Bull
Noro & Rulo

How long has it been since they've been in actual civilization? How long has it been since they weren't surrounded by just desert, rocks, or trees? Weeks? No, months feels about right. A heavy sigh escaped Rulo as the realization crossed his mind, the strain, and soreness of constant travel on the road ever-present as he walked through the waking streets of Ba Sing Se behind the large form of his father. As usual, his father marched on without complaint or issue, the only signs of exhaustion being the bags under his eyes, though that too was usual. At times it felt like his father was more machine than human. If it wasn't for all the nineteen years of his life he's spent with him Rulo would believe it. A snort of laughter slipped from Rulo as the idea tickled his tired mind. His father, Noro, must have heard the snort and glanced over his shoulder with a curious eye. "What?" he asked flatly, adjusting the weight of his Kwan Dao on his shoulder, the usual intimidating blade wrapped up in a thick layer of cloth. Rulo let out another sigh, adjusting the bags slung over his back, the gauntlets strapped onto his belt clanking from the motion.

"Nah, it's nothing Pop," he assured him as he glanced away from his father's questioning eye. Noro gave a huff before looking forward.

"That I doubt. It's never 'nothing' with you," a thin smirk slipped onto Rulo's face at his father's words, rolling his neck from side to side as he scratched the stubble of hair on his chin.

"Fair I guess, but it'd be boring otherwise. It shows my endearing and lovable charisma," Noro actually scoffed loudly at that, making Rulo snicker from the old man's reaction. Not many were able to get such a reaction from him, his father a usually stoic and stern-faced man. Rulo however has managed to break the stern facade quite a few times, albeit mostly through annoying him, but it still works! Though now annoying the old man would spend the little energy he had now. "Say Pop, think we can find a place to take a break?"

"Break?" Noro repeated the thought of resting never crossing his mind. The two of them had been walking throughout the night to get here, but Noro felt unfazed by the long walk here. He felt as if he could march all the way to the palace and beyond that. His mind had been occupied with the reason they were here in the first place; work. A few weeks ago after stumbling onto a pair of traveling swords for hire, they were given a tip that Ba Sing Se would have plenty of work for people in their line of work. Plenty of bounties, hired guard work, and maybe even a few unique contracts with generous payouts. Something the two of them would benefit greatly from now. The travel here cost them nearly every coin they had. They'd have to sleep on the streets for a few nights if they found no work by today, but it's nothing they can't handle. "We have barely any coin Rulo. If we're to establish ourselves in a steady line of work, we can't waste time. The sooner we start the sooner we can-" A long groan from behind Noro interrupted him, bringing a slightly annoyed frown to his face.

"Come on! Look at this place! This city is huge, we'll be able to find plenty of work in no time," Rulo said before picking up his pace to come to Noro's side. "Besides, we can do with a bit of R&R. I mean, have you seen yourself in a mirror lately?" Noro cocked an inquisitive brow as he looked at his son, clearly not understanding his question which only makes Rulo let out a tired sigh before grabbing hold of the dark brown open vest. "Pop, this thing used to be a light green. It's a shitty brown now. We've been out on the road for months without a decent place to wash up or rest. We look like hell right now," For the first time in a while Noro's eyes widen slightly as realization hit him, looking down at his usual golden-brown robes to see it was now dull and worn, dust and dirt from the road not only clinging to the fabric but to his very skin. There were tears, stains, and even a layer of filth towards the bottom of his robes. He knew it had been some time, but he hadn't realized just how long it had been.

Looking to Rulo he was displeased to see that he fared no better. From his bare feet to his hair, he looked like a mess. Dirt and muck have stained his baggy shorts and open vest, the once light green and golden fabrics now distorted into a sickly brown. The wear and tear of the road are even clear on his heavily tanned, scratched, and dirt-caked skin. What concerned him though was the look of exhaustion that Rulo wore on his face, the bags under Rulo's eyes were just as heavy as the ones below his. Seeing his son in such a condition made him furrow his brow, past memories of his time in the Fire Nations army echoing in his mind as he remembered the long-forced marches he and his comrades made. Rulo noticed the look his father gave him, a look he knew all too well but had no clue what the cause of it was. With a tired grin, he ruffled his own messy hair and gave a weak chuckle. "I'm fine, but we both look like shit. You more than me, but eh, it's not a competition," the concern in Noro's eyes lightened a bit, and gave a huff as he looked forward, his own way of showing amusement.

"You enjoy competition though, no matter how ridiculous they are," Noro replied, a ghost of a smile barely visible on his face. Rulo however didn't hold back on his own thin smile, giving a quick shrug.

"Eh, the ridiculous ones are more fun though. I mean, remember the chopstick and nose bet a few taverns back? I showed that bastard what for," Rulo chuckled with a stupid grin as the memory came to mind while Noro only rolled his eyes with a sigh. "But seriously, even if we do find some work I doubt it'll be good work. We look like a pair of muggers or bandits. In fact, I'm sure those are the types of people that would even consider hiring us, which I'm not too against, but I rather that not be the first type of work we get on our first day here," he noted as he patted down his vest, frowning as a small cloud of dust fell from his clothing. "We may not have coin for new threads, but at least we could do is sit down and take a breather. Ask around for a bit of info on local bounties or small-time gigs just to get more than a bit of copper in our pockets," Rule suggested, the gears in his head slowly spinning. Noro spared half a glance down to Rulo as he made his suggestion, rubbing his beard in thought.

After a moment of silence hanging between the two of them, Noro gave a small sigh and came to a stop, surprising Rulo slightly as he stumbled to stop a few feet in front of him. "Fine, we'll do some digging while we rest," he said before hefting his Kwan Dao high onto his shoulder. Rulo felt his exhausted body cheer in relief to hear the news before shifting the bags on his back and looking around their surroundings.

"Question is, where can we kick up our feet?" he questioned aloud, hoping to find an open tavern for some morning drinking. Noro however had already spotted a suitable spot and raised the bottom of his large weapon to point to what looked like a open tea shop.

"That will do for now," Rulo followed the end of his father's weapon and looked to the shop he pointed out, pursing his lips slightly in disappointment.

"Jasmine Dragon huh?" he thought aloud before giving a quick shrug. "Better than nothing I guess," Rulo was never fond of tea, but he knew the old man was so he'd put up with it. As long as he could take a seat then it didn't matter. "Come on then Pop, let's go rest those weary old bones of yours," Rulo grinned before spinning on his bare heel and began to head for the shop. Noro wore a brief frown at the old bones comment but gave a sigh and followed his son. The thought of a warm cup of tea seemed to warm his tired mind.

As both father and son reached the entrance, Rulo was the first to enter without issue, his dirty bare feet finding an odd comfort on the clean floor below him. After him his father entered, his large figure having to bend down to pass through the entrance. Rulo smirked in amusement at that, not always remembering just how tall his father was until he had to squeeze through small doorways. Looking around the shop the two of them looked out of place. Both are dirty and worn from the road, but here they are in this pleasant-looking business. Rulo imagined the two of them looked like a pile of mud that had been plopped right in the middle of a spotlessly clean floor.

Rulo spotted an open table near the wall and nudge his head towards it, leading the way with Noro close behind. The two of them found their seats, Rulo dropping the bags on his back onto the floor next to his chair, a loud clatter of camping supplies and tools disturbing the peace of the shop before he unhooked his scratched and dented gauntlets from his hip and placed them down onto the table before flopping into his chair with a loud groan of relief. As Noro took his seat he rested his large Kwan Dao against the wall behind his chair, a loud metallic THUNK filled the room as the cloth-wrapped weapon connected with the floor and wall. As he took his seat a low breath of sudden relief escaped him. Again, he hadn't realized how much he need this until now. Rulo noticed his old man relax for once and grinned before leaning back in his seat and kicking his feet up onto the table, bits of gravel that had been stuck at the bottom falling onto the clean table.

"See? This is waaay better a plan," he said with a bit of pride in his chest. Noro gave a huff before folding his arms and subtly glancing around the shop.

"Perhaps, but even here do not let your guard down," he instructed in a hushed voice. Rulo gave a brief nod as he balanced himself on the back legs of his chair.

"I got it, I got it. I'm not that dumb," he assured him with a small frown.

"No, but you still tend to act recklessly, which in turn makes you less observant of your surroundings," Rulo huffed and crossed one leg over the other, his heel tapping the table's surface as an annoyed frown rested on his face.

"Just enjoy the peace for once old man. I'm sure we can deal with a den of tea sippers," he muttered before holding up a hand to flag down the nearest employee. "Oy! Let's get some service here!" he called, making Noro pinch the bridge of his nose at the lack of manners, but held his tongue for now.

Kana
Mentions: Zervo_ibisx2 Zervo_ibisx2 Nothingness Nothingness Kiyoko Tomoe Kiyoko Tomoe

A loud speaker blared out in a monotonous tone.

[DOCKING AT PORT. DOCKING AT PORT. WE HAVE NOW ARRIVED AT BA SING SE. WE HAVE NOW ARRIVED AT BA SING SE. PLEASE PICK UP ALL BELONGINGS AND WATCH YOUR STEP. PLEASE PICK UP ALL BELONGINGS AND WATCH YOUR STEP.]

The old, grizzled captain sank back into the seat, took out a bottle of liquor, and poured himself a shot. It had been approximately twenty years since he had first worked on this ship, well, it was more like a stowaway, but he was caught and put to work by the crew. Over time he had managed to gain the trust and respect of everyone onboard, which led to him taking over the helm of this wooden vehicle. He knew that at his age, he would have to retire soon, but that would also mean that they would force this old boat down as well.

โ€œAh, I dunno wat ta do no more,โ€ the captain grumbled under his breath as he downed the shot of liquor. Just as he was about to go through another round of self-pity, he heard the bridge door open. โ€œAh, sorry, no visitors at this time, come again โ€˜nother time, would ya?โ€

When he heard the door close, the old man let out another sigh as he reached for the bottle and found his hands grabbing nothing. Blinking a few times, he twirled his seat around to see if he had misplaced the beverage when he came face-to-face with a brunette. He tried to get a good look at her, but with the white robe covering most of her body and face, it was hard to make heads or tails of this individual. Looking at her with a bit of annoyance, he asked her, โ€œUh, can I help ya lil lass?โ€

The aforementioned female silently placed a rolled up scroll, along with a black coin on his desk. His demeanor instantly changed as his full attention was brought upon this individual as he muttered under his breath, โ€œDamn, I shouldโ€™ve retired when I had the chanceโ€ฆโ€ Clearing his throat, he then asked her in a more polite tone. โ€œHow may I serve ya maโ€™am?โ€

She took out a few sheets of paper that had pictures scribbled on them and gently put them on the table. The captain shifted his eyes across each of them and then nodded, โ€œYeah, I saw all of โ€˜em somewhere in da city, and havenโ€™t seen any leaveโ€ฆunless, ya knowโ€ฆbut not through waters.โ€

She held out her hand and the captain was confused for a moment before a chill ran down his spine. โ€œD-do I hafta do that? Couldnโ€™t ya just, ya know, let me go?โ€ The girl pulled down the hood of the white robe and blankly stared back at him.

โ€œL-l-l-look! I-I didnโ€™t know, alright?! I helped before it happened, not my fault!โ€ He felt his heart pounding against his chest, and his nerves wrecking the inside of his stomach. This could be it, this could possibly be his final days. If he knew that this would happen, then there were so many things that he wouldโ€™ve done. If he had just one more chance at life then he would definitelyโ€ฆ

The girl took out a candy, unwrapped it, and popped it into her mouth. She then took out one more drawn picture and handed it to the older man. It was a hand-drawn picture of a white-haired girl with purple eyes. A very strange combination. But more importantlyโ€ฆ

โ€œSo, ya want me ta kill this lass right here if she comes here on da ship?โ€

The brunette shook her head.

โ€œUhโ€ฆโ€ he tried to think of any other reason besides elimination that couldโ€™ve garnered the attention of someone from the underground world. Maybe he was thinking too hard about it and it was something as obvious as this? โ€œDid ya just want me ta say thatโ€ฆya were here?โ€

She nodded her head and gave him a pamphlet, the same one that was given to them by the guide when they were given the tour of the city. As long as he gave that to her along with a vague description of what she looked like, she was sure the other girl would be able to recognize who they were talking about.

Kana gave him a low bow as she finally stepped off the boat and looked up at the horizon. She had arrived at Ba Sing Se and she had a lot of work to do. Pulling up her hood again, she made sure to blend into the crowd to toss any attention away from her.

Aidana deeply admired the city of Ba Sing Se. It was always one of her favorite places to go with her parents. Seeing the beauty of the city made her forget about her overwhelming sense of dread about the rebellion's reaction to a fire bender in their midst. Aidana took a deep, calming breath, a small smile playing on her lips. Her snow-white hair gently blew in the wind as she leaned over the edge of the boat. Her purple eyes scanned the city. She wasn't looking for anything in particular, but she felt as though there was something waiting to be discovered by her.

Suddenly, there was a small commotion on the boat. Women would squeal, looking at the ground and jumping up from their seats, while a few men tried getting rid of the nuisance. Aidana curiously watched, trying to find the source of the commotion. A little winged lemur appeared from under a woman's dress. She let out a loud scream and stomped her feet. Aidana ran over to the woman and searched for the creature, but it was gone. A few feet away, another woman screamed, shaking her head violently.

Aidana caught sight of the adorable little troublemaker and swiftly ran over to it, using her hands to try and grab it. After many, many failed attempts, she found it resting on the edge of the boat, licking its hands as if there were some yummy substances on it. A few of the men surrounded the creature and slowly approached it with their hands raised. Aidana pushed her way between them and stood between the men and the lemur. "Wait! This lemur happens to be my companion. I'm sorry he caused so much trouble. I promise it won't happen again." She said. The men glared at her and walked away, mumbling to each other about her carelessness.

She turned to face the lemur and it jumped onto her head, making itself comfortable on her shoulder. Aidana patted its little head with a smile. "You're very welcome. I think I'll call you Miru. How does that sound?" The lemur rubbed its head against her cheek and she giggled. "Alright, Miru it is."

The captain held up the sheet of paper with Kana's drawing on it and studied the white haired girl. "That has to be her. Let's get this over with so I can drink my sorrows away in peace." He folded up the paper and walked over to Aidana. "You there, miss. I have a message for you. A woman with brown hair and a white robe told me to give you this pamphlet and let you know she was here. I don't know anything else about it, that's all. Just please let her know I did as I was told. I don't need any more excitement in my life. Ever." The captain handed her the pamphlet and walked away as quickly as he came.

Aidana studied the pamphlet and her eyes lit up. "Miru, Kana's in town. I wonder if she's here for the rebellion too. We have to find her and catch up. She really scared that old man, didn't she?" She laughed softly and pocketed the pamphlet, ready for the next part of her journey to begin.

Mentions: blankcanvas blankcanvas

Rebellion Reconnaissance
Haru Endo
The Traitor
Ba Sing Se | City Streets | Jasime Dragon Teashop

Mention: N/A
Interactions: 606 606

The days were long and tedious, either he was doing absolutely nothing and having far too much time on his hands or he was walking throughout the city simply patrolling the area while looking for any possible signs of threat that was clearly not going to come about. During his days off, Haru would either spend his time napping or hitting the bar again for more drinks. Sure, he could've just gone over to The Blooming Lotus headquarters and gotten in some training, but with how the city was practically the safest place on the entire planet that not even the Fire Nation could break through, what was the point. Not to mention the old man Goro was clear on his orders that Haru would not be a part of any other missions if there were even the slightest chance of fighting to be involved.

Eventually, the day before the meeting had come, or at least going by what the letter Tuuli had handed him several days back had indicated for a date and time. Without any other responsibilities to take care of for the day and the unlikely chance that anything would happen within the span of a single day, Haru had decided that he would head to headquarters a day in advance just so that he could sit back and be sure that he wouldn't be late for the meeting.

The walk was uneventful primarily but it was dreadfully long, the Jasime Dragon Teashop was located in one of the more high-class areas of Ba-Sing-Se, although, rather than having the shop only available to those of nobility or those who paid lots of money, the teashop was open to anyone to enter to sit down and have a cup of world-famous tea brewed by none other than Iroh himself. Even with everyone, including the Earth King himself, knowing that Iroh had been the previous Firelord due to his name, everyone seemed to be more than happy to have him in the city due to his reputation when he had been Firelord. Haru had never personally worked for Iroh when he was part of the Fire Nation military but by the sounds of the stories he had heard, there was no doubt that if Iroh had still been in command, Haru would've most likely still be enlisted to this day. Maybe life could've been easier for him if he had done something about the current Firelord with the number of times he had been able to get as close as he did with him.

Being lost in thought, Haru hadn't paid any attention to where he was walking causing him to end up bumping into the back of a random citizen. By the time he had stumbled back only to bring his gaze forward to see who he had bumped into, Haru found himself face-to-face with a familiar individual. It had been the same burly man from several nights back that he had nearly broken the arm of for attempting to flirt with Haru, thinking he was a female. This time however, the man was not alone but rather with two other just as large and burly men as well, the original male had his arm bandaged up, no doubt still healing from the wound that Haru had inflicted on him that night.
By the time the trio had taken notice of Haru, they were quickly shocked to find that they had found the culprit for the injury that one of their companions had suffered. Cracking their knuckles, they approached Haru who stood there with a stoic expression on his face the entirety of the time the two men approached him.

"You got some nerve kid. He's our friend and you went and nearly broke his arm." One spoke while the other tilted his head from side to side to crack his neck. "Yeah, looks like we'll have to teach you a lesson in manners and respect." As the other spoke, the third burly male stood back with a rather smug grin across his lips, deciding not to join in due to his injury still healing at the time. Haru during this moment had kept silent for another several moments. Dropping his sheathed blade to the floor, the instant the two men swung their fists toward his face, he quickly ducked underneath their strikes only to jab them both right underneath their armpits with precise strikes that sent the two into writhing amounts of pain that they lowered their arms only to grasp their sides in agony. While the spots that he jabbed at were not bending blocking strikes, even if they weren't benders, pressure points still inflicted severe amounts of pain to incapacitate targets without the need of doing any permanent damage to them, something that was taught early on during Haru's time training with the Fire Nation's Special Forces.

Yet again, as the two men stood back up, they'd attempted yet another swing at Haru, this time much slower due to the pressure point injury not having proper time to recover just yet. This time, with their much slower speed of attack, Haru was quick to trip the two from the back of their ankles. With a loud thud of the two falling onto their back, Haru brought his foot onto the chest of one of the fallen men while kicking his sheathed blade back into his grasp and directing the end of the sheath towards the throat of the other male. "You two are really too much trouble, you know that? Honestly, if I removed you both...I think the city would be a much better place." With the clear threat coming from Haru, and the fact that it appeared as though the intention of Haru was to kill the two men, they were quick to begin bursting into tears before begging for their lives.

Before Haru could even make a decision on whether or not to spare the two men, a tap on his shoulder quickly caught him off guard. Turning his head over his shoulder only to find that it had been none other than Goro Loufang; leader of the Rebellion. "C'mon Haru, that's enough. I think they've learned their lesson. Besides...you're drawing quite the crowd." As the older male spoke, it only then did Haru notice the number of citizens that had been surrounding the group by this point. With a shocked expression, Haru removed the sheath from one of the men's throats and took his foot off the other. With the two men scrambling to get up onto their feet, the trio rushed off down the street shouting in terror and even so much as calling Haru a 'monster' for his seemingly uncaring view about killing someone, even within the walls of Ba-Sing-Se. Just hearing that term alone irked him, as he turned his back towards even his superior before marching off without a word to Goro. "Haru--!" As Goro had called out to him, Haru only waved off his superior. "I'm heading to 'his' place...relax." With that said, Goro only exhaled a sigh before rubbing the back of his neck as he watched Haru walk off.

Luckily the rest of the walk remained completely uneventful, finally reaching the teashop, Haru took notice of plenty of familiar faces within the rebellion that were either arriving or had already arrived ahead of schedule as well. So, the decision to arrive a little early was the right move after all. The thought of arriving at the meeting as the last one would've been more awkward than was probably needed. As he made his way into the establishment, Haru quickly found himself a seat by the large open window where he could get some fresh air while also having a decent view of the city. Making sure that before he had taken his seat, he made eye contact with Tuuli, simply to give her a nod that he had arrived and she was aware of it.
Code by Serobliss

• Mood

n/a

Nari

Lava Bender

' --- ' = thoughts
" --- " = dialogue
-----------------------------------------

Nari had traveled from a stolen fire nation boat to an earth kingdom boat somewhere in the Eastern Sea. She had used the opportunity to switch into a more green colored version of her fire nation attire so as to blend in with the locals. Since sheโ€™s an earth bender it isnโ€™t too hard for her to do so. Sheโ€™d shoved her previous outfit deep into her satchel under a blanket with her other items on top.

A couple days later Nari and Chia got off of the previous boat after attaining some food at Chameleon bay and parted ways. Chia gave Nari a token that would help her make her way around without her help. Chia was from a respected family in Omashu, so the token let Nari get onto the next boat to her final destination swimmingly. All it took was one glance of the token and the Captainโ€™s men let her pass onto the boat instantly ahead of a few others.
Nari heard the announcement that rang and echoed off the metal parts throughout the vessel regarding their entry to Ba Sing Se. Sheโ€™d been leaning against her satchel and brought herself up off of it as the announcement finished. Nari switched to a squat position and pushed upwards to a standing position with her satchel in her right hand. She put the strap around her right shoulder and turned around rather quickly. Nariโ€™s hair brushed against a girl in a white kimono that went past her up to the captainโ€™s quarters.

โ€˜One hair closer and we would have tripped each other, yeeeshโ€ฆโ€™

Nariโ€™s eyes followed the girl clad in white for a moment before she continued what she meant to do, leave the boat. Nari stepped off towards the boatโ€™s exit. She pretty much immediately started off in the direction of a street with food stalls as she was quite hungry and wanted something citrus flavored to refresh herself. Nari looked around and saw the girl in white some distance behind her in the act of pulling a hood up over her head.

She continued forth, to a stall with oranges. Nari looked at some oranges and then looked at the stall owner. โ€œMay I have two oranges please?โ€

โ€œOf course, coming right up!โ€
The older plump lady grabbed a basket and placed the oranges into it. โ€œThatโ€™ll be 4 copper pieces.โ€

Nari places the currency into the womanโ€™s hand and takes her oranges, โ€œThank you.โ€

She continues onwards through the crowded street into the direction of the Jasmine Dragon.

โ™กcoded by uxieโ™ก

• having a soft heart in a cruel world is courage, not weakness.
    tuuli rautio
    Tuuli was serving teas, welcoming over members, some leaving to go into the meeting space now to talk with other members in a safer space. It was busy. And thankfully it was keeping Tuuli busy. At the moment she was cleaning up to dishes by the counter when someone walked up to her.

"Welcome to the Jasmin Dragon," she said without looking but froze for a moment, the voice sounding familar.

"Wait. Tuuli?"

Thats when she looked up, setting the rag down and the tea up she was cleaning and her eyes went wide. She didn't know if her dear friend would come, after all, this line of work is far from the beliefs of the air nomads.

"Ari! I'm so glad you could make it!" She said, quickly giving her a hug and it was at that point, some other customers called for a waiter and Tuuli glanced over. Rude, dirty, could be a threat. "Just a moment, your tea will be ready soon." she said to her friend before slipping away to the table the two new guest had arried at. The friendly yet neutral face Tuuli had kept up quickly dropped as she slammed her hand on the table, looking to the younger man Rulo.

"I am so glad you think you are that important but like everyone else you must wait until we come and help you. I am one person and if you believe you get special treat ment and continue to act disrespectfully I will have to personally throw you out." she started then looked to the older gentlemen and gave him a small smile.

"I am so sorry for the inconvience but I will help you in a moment." Tuuli stood up straight, gave Rulo one last deadly glare before walking back over to Ari.

In that process Tuuli saw Haru come in and made eye contact and Tuuli returned the nod as she walked up to the counter, and the jasmin and other teas were ready. Her attention now fully back to Ari.

"Forgive me, currently working but I am glad you are here. It will be nice to have someone who understands. Come, I can introduce you to another member." she said, motion towards Haru with her head before begining to walk in that direction, serving teas as she went before finally reaching Haru, looking back to make sure Ari was following then set her tea down at the open seat across from Haru. The reason she decided to do this eas because, even if they didn't get along, the two of them wouldn't mind sitting in silence at the very least. Or at least she could hope. She set an empty cup down infront of Haru and from under the folds of her cloke wrapped around her, she pulled out a drink more up Haru's ally and pour it into the cup.

"Haru, this is a dear frind of mine Arihn. Ari, this is Haru, a fellow member. I hope you dont mind this. I'm just waitinf for a different member to come in soon to take over my shift." she said, looking between the two before slowly back away and giving the two a thumbs up and would return to the older man and the younger man from beforee.

"Now then, what can I get for you?" she asked, make sure she was looking directly at Noro, stilling a bit pissed at Rulo's attiude from before, but knowing she has to let it go, eventually.

coded by reveriee.

Last edited:
Kana
โ€œMmmmโ€ฆโ€ the fire nation soldier wearily blinked his eyes as he found himself staring at some nondescript quarries. Once the world around him stopped spinning, he was able to discern what he was staring at - a ceiling. Moreover, judging by the rough edges that were poking at him, he figured that he was lying down on a wooden floor. Still, that didnโ€™t answer the most important question: where was he? He quickly scanned the area in pure confusion and still couldnโ€™t piece together the location. One moment he was walking through a shortcut, more specifically an alleyway, and the next he just randomly woke up in some unknown building.

โ€œUghโ€ฆโ€ the guard let out a small groan as he felt the back of his head throb. He tried his best to recall anything else between those two events, but the headache he was experiencing was blocking his attempts. Using his right arm, he slowly tried to reach the area that was bothering him. However, he noticed that not only was the pain beginning to intensify, but he didnโ€™t feel any pressure from his hands. Still feeling woozy, he tried his best to get back on his feet when he realized that he was having difficulties even propping his upper body.

At this point, he had no idea what was happening, and even stranger was how he was unable to move the way he was accustomed to. The soldier tried calling out but the only thing that had accomplished was him rolling his body. Now he knew something was definitely wrong with him as his control over the most basic motor functions was now utterly failing him. Maybe he had gotten into some sort of accident? Perhaps he was on the receiving end of some unfortunate event? It could even be one of those rebel groups who had managed to capture him in broad daylight.

If it was the latter, then he was definitely set-up by that bitch outsider who had somehow risen up the ranks. Sure, there were plenty of rumors about her, none of them being kind in the slightest, but, the one that stuck out to him now, was of her being an agent of the rebellion. It was just one of many insults that were thrown at her behind her back, and just like all the others, it didnโ€™t have any validity behind it. However, if his suspicions were now correct, then he would have irrefutable proof to exile the outsider. He might even get a promotion from this!

Filled with motivation, determination, and adrenaline, he leaped to his feet and ran straight to the palaceโ€ฆor at least that was what he wanted to do. Instead, all he managed to do was groan loudly in pain as he flopped over on his back. Right, he was most likely captured and drugged, hence why his brain seemed lucid enough but his body just refused to do what he wanted. All he had to do was survive this ordeal, wait for some type of rescue, and then he would rid the Fire Nation of the traitorous outsider.

The guard let out a few breaths of air as he tried to calm himself. He was a soldier that served in the Fire Nation army for many years so he knew what he had to do in prisoner scenarios. Besides, these were the rebellion, while they were troublemakers, they werenโ€™t really in the business of killing off their captives - at the very least not to his knowledge. This was when he heard a door open somewhere.

This was it, he was going to do his best to survive whatever they threw at him, and thenโ€ฆand thenโ€ฆ

What the hell was this?

Initially, all he saw was a blurry figure, but as it drew closer, he was able to ascertain a black kimono and a disfigured white mask. Try as he might, he was unable to get a better grasp on this individual aside from the long black hair. The soldier held his breath and waitedโ€ฆ

And waitedโ€ฆ
And waitedโ€ฆ
And waitedโ€ฆ

But nothing happened. He was clearly confused by the entire situation, but he knew that he shouldnโ€™t squander this opportunity. Mustering up his courage, he demanded to know who they were, what they were doing here, and any other information that he could try to pry from this odd entity. However, the only thing that escaped his lips were violent coughs, which were followed by a pool of blood spilling out from them. He suddenly felt a huge sense of fatigue wash over him, his strength completely sapped out from under him. That was when he saw the only other person in the building drop something onto the floor.

A scroll with his face plastered onto it, and on the bottom was two words that read: debt collection. A sense of pure dread and fear began to slowly creep into his senses as he slowly looked over at his right arm, and there he saw a neat, thin slice that ran straight across his wrist. He peered over to the opposite hand and saw an exact replica of the cut. He coughed up more blood.

The guard was now in full panic mode as his mind was screaming at him to take flight. He wanted to be anywhere but here, heck, he wouldnโ€™t even mind the outsider to come and save him. Speaking of, shouldnโ€™t they have noticed he was gone? He was too young to die!

Then, it was as if time itself had come to a crawl as he saw the mysterious underground agent stare straight down at him with a small burning stick on hand. He then saw it get released and slowly descend down to his uniform. At first, he felt nothing, but then began to feel hotter by the second. Copious amount of sweat was emitting from his body, until finally, he felt like he was being suffocated. It was then he heard the snap of some fingers, and his clothing was lit on fire.

The suffering endured by this soldier didnโ€™t last too long as the one wearing the black kimono swiftly beheaded him.

Kana let out a small sigh as she tucked away the bloodied clothing and gave herself a quick examination. She had been unable to execute the soldier without getting blood splashed onto herself as well. Dusting herself off, she quietly began to walk towards the public rest area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back