• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern ๐๐ซ๐ข๐ฏ๐ž ๐ญ๐จ ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ฏ๐ข๐ฏ๐ž โœฉ ๐ข๐ง๐ญ๐ž๐ซ๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ ๐œ๐ก๐ž๐œ๐ค

RIPSaidCone

tolmie

• intro

theme

a moment apart

overview.

F1
    Twenty drivers, ten teams, eighteen tracks and with an audience of over five hundred million people, the 2022 Formula One World Championship is officially underway. Beginning in Melbourne, Australia at the start of the year, the best of the best will compete against one another in a challenge of skill, technical achievement and sheer luck.

It doesn't matter how you got here, the only thing that matters is that you're here, at the pinnacle of international motorsport and with the eyes of the world on you, criticizing and breaking-down your every move with statistics and historical examples for comparison. Perform well and thrive, a hero for the next generation to look up to, or crash and burn (sometimes literally) only remembered as the butt of jokes on internet forums or media pundit talk shows. Backed by millions of supporters from your home country, your family and your friends, you're going to need all the support you can get. Manage the expectations of both your team, and the media. Befriend your fellow drivers, or become known for your aggression both on and off the track, whichever works best.

Known for it's fair share of drama and controversy, the world of Formula One is just as much about the off-track politics between the teams as it is the inter-driver rivalries in the heat of a world-famous grand prix. Supposed teammates fighting for the higher position to prove their superiority in the dynamic, unexpected betrayal from one driver as they sign for a rival team, yet must continue to work with the team they have just betrayed for the rest of the current season. Two notorious rivals, each battling for the championship taking each other out of the race at the first turn, neither willing to let the other go past and resulting in a significant crash, leading to a surprise victory from a previously unknown driver. A fist fight breaking out in the paddock even. These are just some of the potential stories for this year of racing.. And what a year it will be.

-- Inspired by the Netflix series Drive to Survive, and real events in Formula One racing, this plot will follow the 2022 World Championship, as our gathering of characters make their way across the world, visiting iconic track locations in places like Monaco, China, Britain, Italy, Japan, Canada and Australia to name but a few. As much of a celebrity plot as it is a racing one, with all of the social media interaction, press conferences, controversies, parties and PR events that come with it, I hope to make this experience as exciting as possible, with twists and turns at every corner, dramatic events at races resulting in consequences between the relationships of our characters and with off-track drama influencing what happens on the track as well.

DISCLAIMER: No, you don't need to know a lot (or anything really) about F1 to participate, I've got it all under control! (:

intro

roles

rules

drive to survive

season
four

genre

celebrity, drama

status

accepting

gm

RIPSaidCone

spots open

6/7

question

answer

โ™กcoded by uxieโ™ก

Overview:
Twenty drivers, ten teams, eighteen tracks and with an audience of over five hundred million people, the 2022 Formula One World Championship is officially underway. Beginning in Melbourne, Australia at the start of the year, the best of the best will compete against one another in a challenge of skill, technical achievement and sheer luck.

It doesn't matter how you got here, the only thing that matters is that you're here, at the pinnacle of international motorsport and with the eyes of the world on you, criticizing and breaking-down your every move with statistics and historical examples for comparison. Perform well and thrive, a hero for the next generation to look up to, or crash and burn (sometimes literally) only remembered as the butt of jokes on internet forums or media pundit talk shows. Backed by millions of supporters from your home country, your family and your friends, you're going to need all the support you can get. Manage the expectations of both your team, and the media. Befriend your fellow drivers, or become known for your aggression both on and off the track, whichever works best.

Known for it's fair share of drama and controversy, the world of Formula One is just as much about the off-track politics between the teams as it is the inter-driver rivalries in the heat of a world-famous grand prix. Supposed teammates fighting for the higher position to prove their superiority in the dynamic, unexpected betrayal from one driver as they sign for a rival team, yet must continue to work with the team they have just betrayed for the rest of the current season. Two notorious rivals, each battling for the championship taking each other out of the race at the first turn, neither willing to let the other go past and resulting in a significant crash, leading to a surprise victory from a previously unknown driver. A fist fight breaking out in the paddock even. These are just some of the potential stories for this year of racing.. And what a year it will be.

-- Inspired by the Netflix series Drive to Survive, and real events in Formula One racing, this plot will follow the 2022 World Championship, as our gathering of characters make their way across the world, visiting iconic track locations in places like Monaco, China, Britain, Italy, Japan, Canada and Australia to name but a few. As much of a celebrity plot as it is a racing one, with all of the social media interaction, press conferences, controversies, parties and PR events that come with it, I hope to make this experience as exciting as possible, with twists and turns at every corner, dramatic events at races resulting in consequences between the relationships of our characters and with off-track drama influencing what happens on the track as well.

Roles:
The King: Mercedes AMG Motorsport | Undoubtedly one of the greatest racers of all time, the King is a multiple-time world champion and with the help of the near-unbeatable Mercedes car, has essentially dominated the sport for the past five years, but that's just the issue. Combined with the best car and best team, they have come under increasing scrutiny and criticism from the press, as well as suffering declining popularity among the fans for simply making the sport too boring. However, reprieve may come, as for the first time in years, the King is receiving a real challenge from this new generation of racers, in-particular the Kingslayer and Prodigy. Will this be the year the King's hegemony falls?

The Kingslayer: Red Bull Racing | Entering Formula One in the 2019 season, this is the Kingslayer's fourth year in the sport, and though they've yet to defeat the King, the gap between the pair of them has grown smaller and smaller with every passing year, only coming in losing to the King by a total of three points at the end of the 2021 season. Frequently compared to the King, as they had similar starts in the sport, the Kingslayer frequently challenges, and even defeats the King in single races, but has still to turn this consistency into a world championship. Could this be the year?

The Prodigy: McLaren Racing | Following an immensely successful youth career in both Formula 3 as well as Formula 2, the Prodigy was quickly contracted by McLaren, the once failing F1 team that has recently seen a massive resurgence under new leadership from an eccentric American owner. Starting in the 2021 season and ending it with an incredible third place, this is only the Prodigy's second year in F1, and yet they already have the eyes of the world on them. Behind only the King & the Kingslayer, the pressure is mounting rapidly, can they cope with it?

The Veteran: Scuderia Ferrari | Before there was the King, there was the Veteran. Another multiple-time world champion, he was to the late 2000s and early 2010s what the King has been to the late 2010s and early 2020s. An old hero, the Veteran has to varying degrees of success been part of Formula One for fifteen years now, entering in the 2005 season. Displaced by the King, for the past few years their career has been miserable, and a shadow of its former self. However with a new lease of life from the prestigious Ferrari team, could they make a comeback?

The Prince: Alpha Tauri | Part of Red Bull's junior team, the Prince was essentially raised by the bull, taken from go-karting all the way to Formula 2, where they saw a great deal of success. They have been in the sport for a few years now, joining in the 2019 season, yet have been unable to realize their full potential following a disastrous 2020 where they--through mostly no-fault of their own, finished in an abysmal position. With little patience for failure, they were demoted to Red Bull's lower team, Alpha Tauri, where they now fight to make Red Bull realize their mistake.

The Rich Kid: Racing Point | Eldest child of a billionaire businessman, the Rich Kid had every opportunity afforded to them, every advantage given, and every path opened growing up. Obsessed with motorsports from a young age, their father full-heartedly supported their progress through the tiers of racing as they grew older, ultimately going as far as to purchase a significant stake in a financially failing Formula 1 team to secure their child a position in the sport. Often criticized or mocked for it, perhaps its time the Rich Kid showed their skill?

The Underdog: Any Team | Born to a much less privileged background than most other F1 drivers, the Underdog and their family had to put real blood, sweat and tears to make their dream a reality. Working multiple jobs, securing funding from smaller businesses in their community, friends and family and even applying for the occasional loan. The Underdog is from a tight-knit community, and an entirely loving and supportive family. With all this, one can imagine that the Underdog's drive to compete, and to win is perhaps their strongest quality, all that effort has to mean something after all.

The Heir: Any Team | The Heir's father was the Veteran's predecessor, multiple-time world champion, and widely regarded alongside the Veteran and King as one of the greatest drivers of all time. Dominating the mid to late 90s and early 2000s. Highly encouraged from the moment they could walk to follow in their father's footsteps, the Heir's progression from go-karting to Formula One has been widely discussed and covered both in the media, and in the general motorsports world. Now that they're finally here, entering the 2022 season as a rookie, can they live up to their father's reputation?

Create Your Own: Any Team | Not wanting to limit your beautiful, creative mind (and in the event that all eight roles happen to be filled) I wanted to specify that you are more than welcome to creating your own character without input from these existing roles. Perhaps they don't vibe with you, but you did have an idea for a teammate to go with one of them, and build a dynamic based off of that, or whatever it may be. A good place to look for realistic, while still interesting or dramatic concepts would be the life stories of real racers, many of whom have incredibly fascinating lives and journeys in motorsports for you to pick and choose elements from.

Rules:
Rule One: All RpN rules apply. This plot will also be application based, and not first-come first-serve, a love-heart react from myself will indicate acceptance when the CS is finished. I ask that you be able to post relatively frequently if you're looking to join, and that you inform the rest of the group if you're unable to. Hopefully we'll be able to go for quality over quantity, and so long as your posts are well-written, and convey good enough detail or character depth, there'll be no stringent measures in regards to post length. Characters should be from a wide-array of countries (though a good portion will be European) and American drivers are rare.

Rule Two: (Is this a rule? Seems more like a suggestion??) No one likes a dead roleplay. Although out-of-character conversation can never really be enforced, nor would I like to, I understand some people aren't as talkative as others. I do still ask that people be somewhat active in the group, and get into the spirit of things, discussing their characters, potential relations between them, dynamics, plotlines, development and future drama or achievements (geeking out about everything basically lmao). I've yet to decide whether RpN OOC or Discord would be a better option, so feel free to make a suggestion on whatever one you'd prefer.

Rule Three: (This just sounds like advise??? Not a rule?) Winning isn't everything, and drama will be encouraged in-character, but obviously discouraged out-of-character, the reason I state this is because of the inherent competitiveness of a tournament-based plot. Unfortunately in racing, not all cars, teams or even drivers are created equal, though I will try to make sure everyone has their big defining moment regardless (as they do happen in reality, and the sport is often at its best with these dark horse wins). There will still be plenty of opportunities for your character to develop, and to achieve their own goals (or fail, and write about how they react to/cope with this.)

Last edited:
Awesome, that's four of us now! Will wait until a few others show interest before getting things moving. If anyone's reading this and still on the fence, there are way more aspects to this than just racing lmao, as I know that might ward some off.

Awesome, that's four of us now! Will wait until a few others show interest before getting things moving. If anyone's reading this and still on the fence, there are way more aspects to this than just racing lmao, as I know that might ward some off.
I have been watching drive to survive and it's so much rich people drama, they just also have multi-million dollar go karts that sometimes explode and that's beautiful

I have been watching drive to survive and it's so much rich people drama, they just also have multi-million dollar go karts that sometimes explode and that's beautiful
Ive watched F1 all my life but have only in the past few years took to paying attention to what goes on. Its rich people drama to the higher ups at these companies but to the lower level drivers and employees it's how they make their coin so the drama is really vaild to them which is what I like

Ive watched F1 all my life but have only in the past few years took to paying attention to what goes on. Its rich people drama to the higher ups at these companies but to the lower level drivers and employees it's how they make their coin so the drama is really vaild to them which is what I like
yessss like from the outside so much of it looks silly but everyone involved cares so deeply. itโ€™s so good

True on all accounts lmao. To an extent it is rich people drama, but at the same time, there's a lot of history to F1 and it has a culture of its own. All of the drivers present have worked their entire careers (many of them entire lives) to get there etc. So it makes sense why it's treated so seriously.

F1 Build-Up Theme & Driver Grid

Here's a favorite of mine for some vibes. Always played at the start of a race day as the commentators describe the track and its history, then the following driver grid positions.

True on all accounts lmao. To an extent it is rich people drama, but at the same time, there's a lot of history to F1 and it has a culture of its own. All of the drivers present have worked their entire careers (many of them entire lives) to get there etc. So it makes sense why it's treated so seriously.

F1 Build-Up Theme & Driver Grid

Here's a favorite of mine for some vibes. Always played at the start of a race day as the commentators describe the track and its history, then the following driver grid positions.
oooh, thanks! i grew up with nascar, iโ€™m just getting into F1/indycar because my best friend is super into it lol

wickedlittlecritta wickedlittlecritta MoxxyMoxx MoxxyMoxx .empathogen. .empathogen.

What roles, or if no role, kind of character did you guys have in mind for this? May think of a way to fit this into a plot, such as following two teams of two if this is our grouping for now.
I was probs gonna live out my want of having an Asian f1 driver actually succeed via this RP sksksksksksk what role I wanted I was unsure about

wickedlittlecritta wickedlittlecritta MoxxyMoxx MoxxyMoxx .empathogen. .empathogen.

What roles, or if no role, kind of character did you guys have in mind for this? May think of a way to fit this into a plot, such as following two teams of two if this is our grouping for now.

i'm really into the kingslayer role, but the character i have in mind could probably be tweaked into the heir or the prince if either of those would be better for plot reasons

I was probs gonna live out my want of having an Asian f1 driver actually succeed via this RP sksksksksksk what role I wanted I was unsure about

fuck yeah!!

Might go for the underdog role actually uwu make an Asian racer who's family didn't want him to go into racing but managed to scrape by and actually go for it, making it through with his talent.

I really want this RP to go ahead F1 is the only sport I watch regularly and keep up to date with uwu

this looks interesting though i vaguely remember F1 race so do bear with me, hopefully there still a spot?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back