Dragons in the West

Now, keep in mind that I am not a naval expert, so if I am way wrong on something, that's why.

The ship is made up of mostly bone, with sinew as connective tissue holding things together. There is no sign of any Soulsteel here. The front of the ship has a steel reinforced ram prow below the water line, with hull reinforcing leading back along the keel to absorb the force of the impact. The rudder is oversized for the size of the ship, giving it good maneuverability at the cost of increasing how far under the water the ship extends.

Does that help?

Last day at work before the weekend. I should be able to make my edits tonight and post.

Not that I will blame you if you drop me, with this record.

Sherwood said:
Now, keep in mind that I am not a naval expert, so if I am way wrong on something, that's why.
The ship is made up of mostly bone, with sinew as connective tissue holding things together. There is no sign of any Soulsteel here. The front of the ship has a steel reinforced ram prow below the water line, with hull reinforcing leading back along the keel to absorb the force of the impact. The rudder is oversized for the size of the ship, giving it good maneuverability at the cost of increasing how far under the water the ship extends.

Does that help?
Just about what I was looking for. Are they using skin to keep the water out, stretched between the bone?

Not on the outer layer, at least. It seems that the bone is interlocked well enough to do the trick.

In this fight, I will assume you are a Speed 5 unless you post otherwise with your action. There are too many of you to keep track of everyone's Speed for you.

Normally, the Dash is a Spd 3 action, so I'm just bumping it to 5 with your attack. The ship doesn't have a DV to Dodge or Parry, so it relies upon its Soak to protect it. Its a warship, so its pretty tough, but your blade has done some sizable damage to it. You figure that another solid hit like the one you did will sever the rudder.

Sherwood said:
Normally, the Dash is a Spd 3 action, so I'm just bumping it to 5 with your attack. The ship doesn't have a DV to Dodge or Parry, so it relies upon its Soak to protect it. Its a warship, so its pretty tough, but your blade has done some sizable damage to it. You figure that another solid hit like the one you did will sever the rudder.
Ah, thank you! Do you happen to know how the rules in general work in case this comes up again?

Does dashing impose some sort of multi-action penalty on the later attack, and is it somehow capped by rate?

Do I just do Str+Weapon Damage-Object Soak flat damage to it, or is there any sort of rolling involved such as to gain extra successes on the attack to add to damage?

The Dash gives you a -2 DV penalty, so if someone were to attack you until your next action when your DV refreshes, that penalty would apply. Also, with the multi-action penalty, it will give you a -2 to your die pool for whatever it is that you are doing as you Dash. I just took the last two dice off your roll to account for that.

I believe that you have the inanimate object damage correct, and that is how I'm running it.

If you wish to double check, the rules on damaging objects are on pg 153 of the Core rule book. Just in case I'm running it wrong, having a second opinion is helpful.

Sherwood said:
The Dash gives you a -2 DV penalty, so if someone were to attack you until your next action when your DV refreshes, that penalty would apply. Also, with the multi-action penalty, it will give you a -2 to your die pool for whatever it is that you are doing as you Dash. I just took the last two dice off your roll to account for that.
I believe that you have the inanimate object damage correct, and that is how I'm running it.

If you wish to double check, the rules on damaging objects are on pg 153 of the Core rule book. Just in case I'm running it wrong, having a second opinion is helpful.
That is what I consulted, and how I came up with my action. So I guess you are my second opinion.

Ok. So we are good.

@DreamingofRoses and @Phyre, don't forget that your DV is at a -2 penalty from the multiple attackers on each of you. Please count that in when you declare your Defenses.

And then we were on seven pages what.

Gimme a short while to parse all this and nudge Fuzz.

In other news of my dumbness, I forgot to add accuracy to my first attack. Whoops. And hold on, I'm getting Exalted combat advice from a munchkin, so I may be spending more essence for dodge.

The munchkin told me to spend more essence, so I'm spending 2 more motes, editing post. Not that it matters, fing dice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, I thought he was sulking and doing that thing that people do when they want others to hear them without actually giving the impression that they want others to hear them. Will edit post accordingly.

DreamingofRoses said:
Ah, I thought he was sulking and doing that thing that people do when they want others to hear them without actually giving the impression that they want others to hear them. Will edit post accordingly.
He is sulking, but not doing the talking so you can here but not to you thing. He insults you to your face when he wants to do that.

Ooookay, can someone advise me on an inroad here? A lot has happened and I don't want to screw a scene in progress.

@Metaphysics : It will be Sherwood's final call on whether you can join or not, but right now we're pretty full and have a bit of a waiting list IIRC. But, to give you a little more background, the game we're playing is Exalted which is a tabletop RPG that's heavily based off of Eastern mythology, religion and entertainment about people who have been raised above ordinary mortals by the gods. See link for more description. You are, of course, welcome to watch and if you have any questions about the game feel free to PM me.

@Grey : We're about to hit Wavecrest. You can always say you got here ahead of your brother and meet us in port.

I'm feeling a little down today; I'll be back on my feet probably by tomorrow and I'll have a update post for you guys. Just not feeling it right now, and I don't want to do a half-assed job in the game.

Sherwood: did you do that manipulation on that picture of the head of security? I could swear that the base is an elvan waiter from Warhammer Online concept art and a piece of chaos armor from same.

I found that pic online and liked it. It was downloaded as is, so if it is the same pic you are thinking of, someone else tweaked it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back