Dragons in the West

Is it too late ot change character? Story wise it'd be almost the same.

I've found that I'd like to do something a bit crazy but it's so rare for me to find a dragon blooded game that I figure that I'd ask at least....

I went looking at Black and white treaties and I found that I could make a DB necromancer and that sounds pretty fun. A lost egg that thought the realm was the answers to all his problems and instead he ended up being forced to endure learning the secrets of the underworld and then keep it all a secret.

I almost have the sheet now but I understand if the concept is too much.

A necromancer, huh? I suppose I can go for that. Don't forget that when you take the Charm that lets you cast the spells, you get a free spell with it. Don't make me wait too long for your character, though. I've already started the introductions to get everyone on the same ship sailing from Eagles Launch across the ocean.

he will be done in max 2 hours from now and my first post will be up moments after my sheet is up.

Right. The sheet is done, I am going to make my post in the game thread now.

EDIT**

Will work on the back ground after that.

Anyone wish to add to their posts in this preamble before I accelerate things to having the last ones of the party boarding the ship at Eagle's Launch for the sea voyage to Wavecrest? Some will be on the boat already, but the rest of you will have traveled overland by whatever means you should choose to the docks, be it spell or carriage.

Karasu

Thank you for the replies and the statement on how you want to do stunts. Just an FYI (in case you forgot or what have you, the Dynast have a limit of how many demons and elementals they can have at one time in servitude to them, and that is 3. If they want more they actually have to put in a request for permission. I think it is cool and never plans to go over that number. As it stands she feels one bodyguard provides her assistance when things get tight. She surely values her life :) . My vision is basically she is independent and will often stay the demon's hand if she can handle it, but if something unexpected happens, or she is knocked unconscious or what have you, having a loyal unintelligent servant that is strong goes a long way.

As far as my gaming style goes, I am not a power gamer type, and prefer underdogs. I like my characters to "Earn" everything so it seems fitting. That said I like to really get in character, and thank you so much for this game you have started. I love the system but have never actually been able to play this game as a player. You will notice that my character actually has a lot of average stats. I wanted it that way. I've seen many players try and build characters that can handle everything I actually like playing more specialized characters that actually needs help from others.

To my fellow Players (and referee): Please know that my character is but a role, in real life I am not as "uppity" as she is :) , nor as judgmental, or spoiled. My goal with playing is of coarse to stay in character. I wanted to play a spoiled brat, I also notice someone else did as well :) . This character was developed with the thought that I wanted a character who basically came off as most Dynast of the Realm as described in the book when it comes to being spoiled, and since that is the average I had an idea to play one that is more so than most. I did not look at the composition of characters the players were bringing in before making my own, as I felt it better I played something I thought I could have fun with than someone the group "needs," so I made a character that I have been itching to play.

Please bare with my snobbish character who is very self-indulged. She will be of benefit to the group, that is for sure....she just will be one of those hard to stomach type that eventually learns the values of things like trust, friendship, the cost of being power hungry. Think of Karasu as a Raistlin Majere of the DragonLance is series of books. I would say the differences mentally is that she is more selfish than evil. A character that had she never sacrificed her heart would have eventually learned great compassion for others, and now is destined to live life unaware of understanding concepts like love.

As the character gets grows one of the things I plan for her to learn is being manipulative (as well as increasing that stat, to a 4 way down the line as well as her abilities of seduction. She is a woman keen on using what she has to get what she wants, but she begins as clumsy in this area. Yes sorcery is her big "thing" of the character but it is in the end for her an ends to a means, power. Her individual them is how low will she go to get what she wants? Of coarse everyone will discover that as the story progresses no matter which direction it goes. From the outside looking in at her, she is in despreate need of having a real friend but in her life friendship is a fools dream.

Thank you all for reading my long rant. :)

Last chance for any postings before I have everyone arrive at Eagle's Launch for the trip overseas.

From your last posting I did roll the dice on the Dice section of this site, so if you see it please disregard the roll. I had a success. But, as I thought about my characters thoughts when going on the ship, unless it would be something obvious I think she would fail to notice. So please disregard my roll and consider it a voluntary failure. Reason, she is too concern with other matters as she comes on board.

[dice]3642[/dice]

If I may ask one question: Are we using standard craft rules? I have an idea for an architect from the Imperial City who is along to help "civilize" the Threshold and get around things like the lack of building space and zoning regulations that get in the way of truly working his craft.

I have never liked how Craft was such an xp sink. There is a change to the skill that I use. For every dot of Craft you have, you can choose another area to focus in; Air, Fire, Earth, Genesis, Magitech, etc.

Post more! More, I say! <whip cracks over your head>

lol Yeah, I post a lot. I'm not getting any hours from my job right now, so I have time to sit and ponder my gaming.

lol I get it. I'm just not getting any hours from my job right now, so I have plenty of extra time on my hands when my wife doesn't give me a list of chores to do.

Thanks for the reminder, Roses. This whole 'real job' thing is doing a number on my memory or time for things I like.

Ok. I didn't want to leave you guys out of the game.

I haven't seen any posts from @Crocodile or @Darsk in a while, and I'm hoping to get a post from @Grey soon, or I'll have to start pulling people from the game for no activity.

@Sherwood Could you describe the enemy ship in more detail? Especially under the waterline and about the rudder? It wont affect what I have planned, but I want to make sure what I write doesn't contradict you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back