• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Dragonball: Ascension (OOC)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Ha! You see, once Dashi starts training them. That will forever title him as OG. And you can't get any more G than OG.
But to be fair, even The Saiyans will eventually be og, so what then? There will always Be a next generation

But to be fair, even The Saiyans will eventually be og, so what then? There will always Be a next generation

There will always be a next generation. But there can be only one OG.

Grow stronger. Grow more skilled. Surpass Dashi in every metric! Do all that and more! Be the biggest G that has ever G'ed. Such is your path! But the OG is also the Old G. It is their destiny to be left behind.

There will always be a next generation. But there can be only one OG.

Grow stronger. Grow more skilled. Surpass Dashi in every metric! Do all that and more! Be the biggest G that has ever G'ed. Such is your path! But the OG is also the Old G. It is their destiny to be left behind.
I feel like the first time someone goes super saiyan, dashi will be like: Well, fuck.

I feel like the first time someone goes super saiyan, dashi will be like: Well, fuck.
On the contrary. I think he will be quite thrilled at seeing his students ascending to ever greater heights. And you all will surpass him in power long before reaching super saiyan.

Well yes, any mentor would be happy to see themselves be surpassed, but that doesn't exactly mean that they cant keep training now that I think About it- you can't fucking tell me that Roshi Didn't get stronger

Well yes, any mentor would be happy to see themselves be surpassed, but that doesn't exactly mean that they cant keep training now that I think About it- you can't fucking tell me that Roshi Didn't get stronger

He's not.

What he's saying is that your guesses as to how Dashi would feel are incorrect, and telling you more about how he would feel. That's all.

I know it's fun to speculate on how other characters would think and react. But just because it's how we'd envision their response doesn't mean that's how it would actually go. Know what I mean?

He's not.

What he's saying is that your guesses as to how Dashi would feel are incorrect, and telling you more about how he would feel. That's all.

I know it's fun to speculate on how other characters would think and react. But just because it's how we'd envision their response doesn't mean that's how it would actually go. Know what I mean?
yeah, that makes sense.
Though out of the saiyans, who do you think has the farthest to g before actually becoming a super saiyan?

Id say Yuri, because regardless of being somewhat powerful, he needs to stop doubting himself, he needs to keep his emotions in check, and most of all, he needs to overcome himself

yeah, that makes sense.
Though out of the saiyans, who do you think has the farthest to g before actually becoming a super saiyan?

Id say Yuri, because regardless of being somewhat powerful, he needs to stop doubting himself, he needs to keep his emotions in check, and most of all, he needs to overcome himself

Hard to say.

All of them have their flaws which will hamper their progress sooner or later. I'll need to reserve such judgement until we see a lot more of them as time passes.

Dashi will indeed get stronger. He has trained for a thousand years, but hasn't had anyone to test his power against, not that he wants too.

It will be natural that he will grow once he is being pushed or has the ability to push himself.

However! Two things.

1. Dashi is built different. He hasn't the growth advantages that the others have. His race is long lived and grows very slowly. While I don't have any mechanical way to grow him yet, he will hit a ceiling of his growth rate while everyone else soars past him.

2. Despite his high power level on earth, Dashi has always valued skill over power level. Especially as he learned more and more about the martial paths.

He won't be irrelevant, as he will be pushing his students to balance skill and power as they grow, and not rely solely and their strength. He may become very far behind, but he will be far from useless. His skills can let him fight people stronger than him, and his wisdom and knowledge will be to great benefit of our MCs. Plus he knows a lot of moves to teach them as they when they are ready to learn them.

Lol Dashi has trained for many years. It is part of who he is now. And he will continue training well after. And he will always be there to back his students up whenever he can.

Dashi will indeed get stronger. He has trained for a thousand years, but hasn't had anyone to test his power against, not that he wants too.

It will be natural that he will grow once he is being pushed or has the ability to push himself.

However! Two things.

1. Dashi is built different. He hasn't the growth advantages that the others have. His race is long lived and grows very slowly. While I don't have any mechanical way to grow him yet, he will hit a ceiling of his growth rate while everyone else soars past him.

2. Despite his high power level on earth, Dashi has always valued skill over power level. Especially as he learned more and more about the martial paths.

He won't be irrelevant, as he will be pushing his students to balance skill and power as they grow, and not rely solely and their strength. He may become very far behind, but he will be far from useless. His skills can let him fight people stronger than him, and his wisdom and knowledge will be to great benefit of our MCs. Plus he knows a lot of moves to teach them as they when they are ready to learn them.

Lol Dashi has trained for many years. It is part of who he is now. And he will continue training well after. And he will always be there to back his students up whenever he can.
Are there any specific flaws to dashi that aren't obvious on the surface?

Are there any specific flaws to dashi that aren't obvious on the surface?

Of course there are. Plenty. He is by no means perfect. Just a martial arts master. With age and mastery comes a certain control over one's flaws.

Keep in mind he isn't a main character here. A simple supporting character here to help you all grow and be stronger. There is no spotlight here for him unless for some reason you all want him to have one.

Even now, with the planet potentially in danger, he chooses not to act. Every moment passing being a risk that some saiyan could blow up the planet before he could stop it.

Why? All because he wants to help someone grow who may not even want to grow.

Thats a simple flaw to start with. But there are plenty more, be assured.

He is not "I am super strong Gary stu. Perfect and unbeatable", I promise.

Of course there are. Plenty. He is by no means perfect. Just a martial arts master. With age and mastery comes a certain control over one's flaws.

Keep in mind he isn't a main character here. A simple supporting character here to help you all grow and be stronger. There is no spotlight here for him unless for some reason you all want him to have one.

Even now, with the planet potentially in danger, he chooses not to act. Every moment passing being a risk that some saiyan could blow up the planet before he could stop it.

Why? All because he wants to help someone grow who may not even want to grow.

Thats a simple flaw to start with. But there are plenty more, be assured.

He is not "I am super strong Gary stu. Perfect and unbeatable", I promise.
So is he the kind of mentor who would help his students grow past their fears and flaws, help them... believe in themselves more, and even do whatever it takes to make them better themselves?

So is he the kind of mentor who would help his students grow past their fears and flaws, help them... believe in themselves more, and even do whatever it takes to make them better themselves?

Indeed. That's the kind of person he is, as well as the role he was made to fill.

Indeed. That's the kind of person he is, as well as the role he was made to fill.
i mean, I would love t see him as an mc, rather than a side character, but that's just me

also he's gonna whoop our asses at first, and for quite some time

I’m really sorry guys but I need to pull out. My schedule is filling up faster than a Boat with a nine foot hole in it.

Hey y’all, gotta take a short few day hiatus, to figure life out, swear I’ll be back though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back