• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Dragonball: Ascension (OOC)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Also that which applies to Nolan would apply to Kazoo. Would no doubt feel the power. But being locked in Area 51, I'm not sure Kazoo would really know the guy.

Not got going to force any contact from me! Just setting up some possible options.

If left to his own devices, Master Dashi wouldn't really have a way of contacting the Saiyans. Though he would make his way to the Earth location that the ships are above. Where he would be hoping to see what they are up to should they land there. Probably disguised as something weird.
I would say knowing about Kazoo makes more sense his power level is natural and I double a few dozen meters of rock and some steel n plastic will hold it off. But meeting him would be hard...at least in the past it is considerably easier now.

Nolan on the other hand does often wander around the world looking for interesting things in his down time so they could certainly have met in the past.

On a separate note, would it be likely for Master Dashi to be aware of some of the strongest talent on earth. Such as Pho, Mayze, and Nolan?

Mayze ( grudge grudge ) I could see being most likely. Being alone and so strong, she might be hard to miss for him. Perhaps having thought her an interesting candidate for tutelage. Should she ever find him. Might even live on the same, or nearby, island.

Pho The Crimson King The Crimson King I think would also be pretty easy. With Master Dashi having been so involved in the martial arts world, he would no doubt still have his ear to the ground. If Pho is such a promising student at his school, it would probably catch his attention.

Nolan ( K.O.D K.O.D ) Might be a bit harder to justify. Master Dashi isn't so interested in government and not the biggest observer of technology. But he might notice the power The Hammer has. A human that strong is definitely worth taking note of.
The biggest issue with Mayze being trained right now is her feral approach, kill or run is still the only two options that she believes exist. While she can't sense ki, her natural senses allows her some degree of power sensing, if she ever came close to Dashi she'd run away with 2x the speed of of a cheetah. I'm hoping that making contact with the saiyans will instill inside a piece of combative spirit in her, either by seeing them in action or getting directly involved somehow. From that she'd have one small opening in her heart which could explode into a desire to grow stronger, and in that scenario I believe she'd be more accepting of tutelage.

With that said and done, here's some personal hopes of me being able to show off Mayze surrounding the whole concept of her being trained.

I'd like to show off how simple Mayze's mindset is, and how dangerous she could be / could have been if the wrong influence took hold over her. I think it would be interesting to see character's reactions to Mayze getting into a fight with those that are weaker than her, a brutal slaughter with nothing but killing intent. It would be nice to show off how far she has to go to grow a conscience and a sense of humanity.

Along with that idea, ideally Mayze would have a very distinct way of learning from Dashi. Her way of learning would be a less direct one in which she would apprehensive to train with Dashi directly, instead she would secretly (Being poor at hiding it) watch him train the other characters, picking up the techniques being taught and trying them out by herself. From this method she'd learn techniques at her own pace, and every so often become confident enough where she would challenge Dashi to a fight, which would probably result in her defeat and continuing the same process lmao. Eventually though, I'd like for her to swallow that solitude and pride and join everyone else in Dashi's training proper.

At the end of the day, whether or not these minor plotpoints become true or not, I'm excited to see how things go!

The biggest issue with Mayze being trained right now is her feral approach, kill or run is still the only two options that she believes exist. While she can't sense ki, her natural senses allows her some degree of power sensing, if she ever came close to Dashi she'd run away with 2x the speed of of a cheetah. I'm hoping that making contact with the saiyans will instill inside a piece of combative spirit in her, either by seeing them in action or getting directly involved somehow. From that she'd have one small opening in her heart which could explode into a desire to grow stronger, and in that scenario I believe she'd be more accepting of tutelage.

With that said and done, here's some personal hopes of me being able to show off Mayze surrounding the whole concept of her being trained.

I'd like to show off how simple Mayze's mindset is, and how dangerous she could be / could have been if the wrong influence took hold over her. I think it would be interesting to see character's reactions to Mayze getting into a fight with those that are weaker than her, a brutal slaughter with nothing but killing intent. It would be nice to show off how far she has to go to grow a conscience and a sense of humanity.

Along with that idea, ideally Mayze would have a very distinct way of learning from Dashi. Her way of learning would be a less direct one in which she would apprehensive to train with Dashi directly, instead she would secretly (Being poor at hiding it) watch him train the other characters, picking up the techniques being taught and trying them out by herself. From this method she'd learn techniques at her own pace, and every so often become confident enough where she would challenge Dashi to a fight, which would probably result in her defeat and continuing the same process lmao. Eventually though, I'd like for her to swallow that solitude and pride and join everyone else in Dashi's training proper.

At the end of the day, whether or not these minor plotpoints become true or not, I'm excited to see how things go!

I think she would more likely see Dashi as prey more than anything else. He keeps himself heavily suppressed. Would come across as weaker than her. Or maybe what she senses in him is the sort of confidence of a creature that has no fear of any predator around.

Worst case scenario we can always the wild child in a language she understands. Teaching through the hunt of predator and prey. But! I am more than happy waiting for her to gain a semblance of sanity before pursuing such an education. Mayze will be an irresistible ball of untapped potential that Dashi can't wait to sink his teeth into.

And I think we could easily come up with a custom routine fit for her! Creating opportunities to observe Dashi is an easy one. Such as starting from the basics, especially when it comes to ki control. But we can come up with other indirect methods of training her as well. Such as having to overcome a challenge for ones dinner. Leaving clues for a puzzle that starts her down a path of education. Using scenarios that she would feel more familiar with in the wild. Training that doesn't feel like training. And so on.

Regardless! I am here to help along exactly those sorts of plot points. Those and then some!

grudge grudge

A few ideas you might be interested in!

While optional, I think it would be pretty funny if Mayze falls for all of Dashi's horrible disguises, and doesn't believe anyone who tells her otherwise. She seems the type to not understand the concept.

Now for training! On of my ideas for a potential hidden technique of Dashi is the gigantification technique if GojiBean GojiBean approves. Firstly I think it would be something useful to teach our resident namekian K.O.D K.O.D if that isn't something he inherently knows (or can help him along in unlocking that form)

But! My idea was that since Mayze wouldn't want to come to training, Dashi would bring the training to her so as she doesn't fall behind.

Imagine this... every few nights a giant monster walks in from the sea, (just a giant Dashi covered in seaweed pretending to be a monster). And this monster hunts. Its prey? Mayze. Could teach her few things!

1. Battle practice and zenkai's, an essential saiyan instrument. And giving her opportunities to practicically apply what she observes from Dashi.

2. Teach the girl some hygiene as she learns the monster is tracking her by her smell.

3. Teach her an understanding of the calender, by fluctuating its power by the phases of the moon so she knows when to hide and when to fight.

4. Get her to start a rudimentary understanding of symbols and reading. As Dashi leaves things around the island that may hinder or hurt her so has to pay attention to what they say.

5. Help enforce the idea that she can become stronger through training by helping her see the gains of refined technique compared to animalistic instinct.

6. Help show her some techniques she can try to copy that might more in tune with her feral nature, such as learning ki control through mimicking mouth blasts.

Just an idea for the future of course!

grudge grudge

A few ideas you might be interested in!

While optional, I think it would be pretty funny if Mayze falls for all of Dashi's horrible disguises, and doesn't believe anyone who tells her otherwise. She seems the type to not understand the concept.

Now for training! On of my ideas for a potential hidden technique of Dashi is the gigantification technique if GojiBean GojiBean approves. Firstly I think it would be something useful to teach our resident namekian K.O.D K.O.D if that isn't something he inherently knows (or can help him along in unlocking that form)

But! My idea was that since Mayze wouldn't want to come to training, Dashi would bring the training to her so as she doesn't fall behind.

Imagine this... every few nights a giant monster walks in from the sea, (just a giant Dashi covered in seaweed pretending to be a monster). And this monster hunts. Its prey? Mayze. Could teach her few things!

1. Battle practice and zenkai's, an essential saiyan instrument. And giving her opportunities to practicically apply what she observes from Dashi.

2. Teach the girl some hygiene as she learns the monster is tracking her by her smell.

3. Teach her an understanding of the calender, by fluctuating its power by the phases of the moon so she knows when to hide and when to fight.

4. Get her to start a rudimentary understanding of symbols and reading. As Dashi leaves things around the island that may hinder or hurt her so has to pay attention to what they say.

5. Help enforce the idea that she can become stronger through training by helping her see the gains of refined technique compared to animalistic instinct.

6. Help show her some techniques she can try to copy that might more in tune with her feral nature, such as learning ki control through mimicking mouth blasts.

Just an idea for the future of course!

I'll leave the gigantification thing to our resident Namekian player to consider. Lol.

As for training with Mayze, I'll also leave that to you and grudge to sort out. So perhaps take it to PM's if you guys are so inclined? It's cool to plot amongst yourselves as long as anything potentially lore/RP mechanic challenging is brought to my attention. But I trust you guys with that anyway, so stating the obvious. Lo.

I'll leave the gigantification thing to our resident Namekian player to consider. Lol.

As for training with Mayze, I'll also leave that to you and grudge to sort out. So perhaps take it to PM's if you guys are so inclined? It's cool to plot amongst yourselves as long as anything potentially lore/RP mechanic challenging is brought to my attention. But I trust you guys with that anyway, so stating the obvious. Lo.

Aye aye boss! I shall not clutter up the OOC any more than I got to. I just find character talk a great way to fill the ooc. I'll take details to PMs at least.

Also, while you do trust us, I'm going to at least converse with you in PM about my ideas regarding some techniques so that you at least have a heads up on what to expect.

Aye aye boss! I shall not clutter up the OOC any more than I got to. I just find character talk a great way to fill the ooc. I'll take details to PMs at least.

Also, while you do trust us, I'm going to at least converse with you in PM about my ideas regarding some techniques so that you at least have a heads up on what to expect.
I’m 100% in for the Gigantification form training. Incidentally there are a few other namekian techniques he could learn that would be very beneficial that he does not yet have. Such as the Clothes beam, the multi form technique, image training, weighted gear training, Egg laying, and of course the namekian fusion\Fission technique. (Open to any removals or additions from GojiBean GojiBean )

I’m 100% in for the Gigantification form training. Incidentally there are a few other namekian techniques he could learn that would be very beneficial that he does not yet have. Such as the Clothes beam, the multi form technique, image training, weighted gear training, Egg laying, and of course the namekian fusion\Fission technique. (Open to any removals or additions from GojiBean GojiBean )

Funnily enough, I just asked about a few of those!

Magic is not something that is really a thing outside of the DragonBalls, and the clothes beams is hard to argue as anything but. So that would be a no go.

Gigantification is something Dashi can help with! As well as the multi form technique, since you are interested.

Dashi would certainly be able to help teach meditation techniques. As for anyone who learns under, weighted clothing (while necessarily real life practical) has always been a dragon ball staple. As such I definitely intended to include that in our training!

Race specific stuff like namekian fusion or egg laying though, im afraid that isn't something Dashi can help with unless he had training manuals to help guide Kazoo through.

Send me a PM! We can discuss the details of things we can help Kazoo learn ways we can train him. We will think of some pretty cool things and help make him the dragonest warrior that ever warriored.

Hey all, grudge grudge D. Rex D. Rex Top11 Top11 K.O.D K.O.D The Crimson King The Crimson King Yuri Greythorn Yuri Greythorn

I received an inquiry about whether or not a Saiyan without a tail could transform into a Super Saiyan. And after reviewing my requirements for the Super Saiyan transformation, the answer is "No."

Cyomioptin is released from a gland at the base of the tail (originally it said "tailbone," but that was changed a little while back to just "tail"). No tail means no gland. No gland means no successful triggering of the Oozaru transformation. No successful triggering of the Oozaru during the emotional upheaval with Cyomioptin and Adrenaline mixed through the bloodstream means no Super Saiyan transformation.

So yeah. If your Saiyan permanently loses their tail then the Super Saiyan transformation is off the table.

Saiyan tails do grow back naturally on their own, though. So if it's blasted off in combat don't fear for a loss of the transformation just yet.

For a tail to be permanently removed it either needs to happen surgically, or the tail needs to be blasted almost perfectly straight on so that it dissolves or burns away down into the Saiyan's body all the way to the tailbone where the anchor points for it are. As long as there's still around 1-2 cm of tail left inside the Saiyan's body it will be able to grow back. But it will take time.

Tails which are only partially damaged, say to the point of missing half the tail's total length, will grow back in a few days (3-5 depending). A tail that's been blasted off to the base will grow back fully in about a month. And a tail that's been blasted down to 1-2cm so that it's no longer visible on the surface level it could take up to 3 months depending on just how bad the removal truly was.

So there we have it. Unless the removal of the tail is permanent then the Super Saiyan transformation is still obtainable.

Cheers!

Hey all, grudge grudge D. Rex D. Rex Top11 Top11 K.O.D K.O.D The Crimson King The Crimson King Yuri Greythorn Yuri Greythorn

I received an inquiry about whether or not a Saiyan without a tail could transform into a Super Saiyan. And after reviewing my requirements for the Super Saiyan transformation, the answer is "No."

Cyomioptin is released from a gland at the base of the tail (originally it said "tailbone," but that was changed a little while back to just "tail"). No tail means no gland. No gland means no successful triggering of the Oozaru transformation. No successful triggering of the Oozaru during the emotional upheaval with Cyomioptin and Adrenaline mixed through the bloodstream means no Super Saiyan transformation.

So yeah. If your Saiyan permanently loses their tail then the Super Saiyan transformation is off the table.

Saiyan tails do grow back naturally on their own, though. So if it's blasted off in combat don't fear for a loss of the transformation just yet.

For a tail to be permanently removed it either needs to happen surgically, or the tail needs to be blasted almost perfectly straight on so that it dissolves or burns away down into the Saiyan's body all the way to the tailbone where the anchor points for it are. As long as there's still around 1-2 cm of tail left inside the Saiyan's body it will be able to grow back. But it will take time.

Tails which are only partially damaged, say to the point of missing half the tail's total length, will grow back in a few days (3-5 depending). A tail that's been blasted off to the base will grow back fully in about a month. And a tail that's been blasted down to 1-2cm so that it's no longer visible on the surface level it could take up to 3 months depending on just how bad the removal truly was.

So there we have it. Unless the removal of the tail is permanent then the Super Saiyan transformation is still obtainable.

Cheers!
Good to know! I'll make sure to keep that in mind for...reasons.

GojiBean GojiBean

Hey boss! Dashi had spent about a hundred years in space before he came to earth. Having got some education. Even though he was but a child then, some lessons might have stuck around.

For example, being able to point and identify saiyans and namekians like a kid would be able to point out ducks and cows.

Following this logic, that information would be very dated as he has been on earth the rest of the time.

To that end, what were the races he might know about been like a thousand years ago?

I can see the yardratians and namekians and frost demons not changing a lot, but the saiyans, like humans,, seem like the type that have grown over the generations. Would a thousand years ago, the saiyans more of a barbaric kind of race with minimal space technology? Probably when the more staple tropes of saiyans began, like sending their kids off to planets to weed out the weak, or being more primitive in body and mind and just wanting to hunt and fight?

GojiBean GojiBean

Hey boss! Dashi had spent about a hundred years in space before he came to earth. Having got some education. Even though he was but a child then, some lessons might have stuck around.

For example, being able to point and identify saiyans and namekians like a kid would be able to point out ducks and cows.

Following this logic, that information would be very dated as he has been on earth the rest of the time.

To that end, what were the races he might know about been like a thousand years ago?

I can see the yardratians and namekians and frost demons not changing a lot, but the saiyans, like humans,, seem like the type that have grown over the generations. Would a thousand years ago, the saiyans more of a barbaric kind of race with minimal space technology? Probably when the more staple tropes of saiyans began, like sending their kids off to planets to weed out the weak, or being more primitive in body and mind and just wanting to hunt and fight?

Yeah. A thousand years ago the Saiyans wouldn't have been nearly as technologically advanced as they are now. But they would still have been in their planet conquering mindset. But they'd mostly be stealing tech from other races to get from place to place rather than relying on their own know-how.

If you will, a thousand-ish years ago is when they began taking the first steps towards their current lifestyle. So it wouldn't be incredibly different. Just that they're not much better and more sophisticated in their efforts.

Are the namekian dragon balls still something that other aliens would know about and potentially want?

So I noticed in the lore a mention of talking to you about transformations.

what about the namekian giant form? How would we go over how it works? The perks and drawbacks and such.

The giantification is a technique more than a "transformation" as the Namekian's body essentially doesn't change anything other than its total mass and volume. And while that's a little outside the realm of physics, I'll allow it since it's a technique.

Also, sorry about being so quiet everyone.

I caught something of a stomach bug and it's knocked me on my ass the last couple days. I'll have a post up in response to K.O.D's post by the end of the day.

Cheers!

The giantification is a technique more than a "transformation" as the Namekian's body essentially doesn't change anything other than its total mass and volume. And while that's a little outside the realm of physics, I'll allow it since it's a technique.
Thanks. Personally I view it like the multi form technique. It wouldn’t be a power increase so much as a versatility thing. Like how multiform gains you more hands to throw at a problem, giant form would attract attention and trade speed modifications from Ki for more physical strength, along with Ki attacks doing more damage but expending more energy. In practice it’s just trading your stat boosts. Plus it could be a nice attention getter for distractions.

hope you feel better.

There we go. A little post for an interaction between Cheyanne and Nolan with a little bit of comedy mixed in for good measure.

Enjoy Nolan!

There we go. A little post for an interaction between Cheyanne and Nolan with a little bit of comedy mixed in for good measure.

Enjoy Nolan!
Awesome, there’s a lot to work with there thank you. I’ll have a reply up at some point today. I’ve still got to get an intro to my own RP at some point today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back