• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Dragon Blooded Exalted Game

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
I have another game idea to throw in your direction. This game is focused on the Dragon Blooded of the Realm. The plot is that there is a treaty between the nation of Wavecrest and the Realm that needs to be sealed with the wedding of a Dragon Blooded to a mortal prince of the island nation. Without this wedding, the treaty will fail and the Realm will lose access to a newly discovered Jade deposit (preventing the Deathlord in Skullstone from taking it) and having access to the naval base to be able to sortie its own warships out of. This will bring the outlying islands closer to the Blessed Isle, a very good thing to the troubled Realm but not so good to the other nations of the Western islands, most notably Skullstone.

This is going to be strongly bent to be a political game, but there will be occasional fights and the presence of Anathama and the possibility of war between Wavecrest, Skullstone, and the Scarlet Emprie. Can the players keep the wedding on track, despite the efforts of the various groups trying to make everything go south?

Not quite what I have in mind. You are all going to be representing your various Houses at this wedding, making sure that your interests are being looked after.

Also wanted to let everyone interested in this know that I will not have internet access from Wednesday night to Saturday night as I am taking my family out of town to see some relatives in Utah. This will give people time to post an interest in this and I can see what questions there are and how many players may be lined up.

Dynast pretending to be his own lost egg bastard to 'crash' the party and get an unfiltered view of what's going on?

Hmmm. Possible, but unlikely. Let me think on that some while we get more people onboard.

Ok, so we have @Grey, @vinom, and @DreamingofRoses as confirmed interested, with a shout out to @The Fuzz by Grey to play siblings. This will be enough to get us started, but I'll leave recruitment open for a while still, to give everyone time to express an interest if they wish.

The game will be made up shortly, under the name of Dragons in the West.

Houses Cynis and V'neef are both Wood aspected, but we could come from any of the Houses.

If the game is likely to be focused on sailing, V'Neef makes sense, they're small but rich.

If we wanted to be more on the outs of Realm society, less rich and more, I dunno, hard knocked, Iselsi or Nellens.

Peleps is also a potential, for more maritime mucking about.

Peleps, V'Neef, and maybe one of the outliers work for me - lemme have a bit of a read to make my mind up.

Don't forget that just because a particular House is primarily associated with an element, you can have a different aspect to your character. No need to think you are locked into a caste that you don't want.

AFAIK, the Dragon Blooded book itself has the most information on the Great Houses. It includes a summary of each one.

I think just the Dragonblooded Manual. The Direction book for the Blessed Isle has only a bit of information about each House, as it mostly descibes the land and the cities.

Hm, I think there's one around here somewhere...

Ah, there is not. I'll do some digging and have something tomorrow.

Yes. I have not decided on what House she is from, but you all will know her. Probably from one of the same Houses as one of the PCs.

I do really like the idea of playing Iselsi desperately trying to win back some ground for the House.

Or Peleps, possibly members of Peleps Kaizoku.

Since Iselsi are also spies for the Empress, you could be going there to look into the secrets of the islands to see what they are trying to hide from the Realm.

Hmm. More and more I'm thinking it might be fun to play someone whose goal isn't to turn Wavecrest into some Satrap, but a functioning ally against Skullstone that could endure the Realm tearing itself apart. The wedding either will or will not work in favor of their plotting depending, but... it seems like a fun angle.

Query... in realm politics, is Dark Secret 5 a good flaw for people whose true motives might be considered treason?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back