• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Dragon Ball: NW (New world)

The difference between special moves and techniques is a bit blurry to me

So are like the more strange abilities are "Techniques"

While the big flashy Ki attacks are the "Special Moves"?

The difference between special moves and techniques is a bit blurry to me

So are like the more strange abilities are "Techniques"

While the big flashy Ki attacks are the "Special Moves"?
Yes thats about right. For example. Metamoran fusion would be a technique.

Best way i can say it, if the Ki consumtion is Negligible such as for flight, or if its a move unique to a species like Namekian stretchy arms it goes in the Technique slot…

Perhaps i should change it to abilities or Something like that.

Basically they are the Moves that can be useful in or out of combat. But unlike special moves they usually don’t have some huge flashy effect.

Gotcha.

So would something like Yamcha's Wolf Fang Fist be considered a technique since it doesn't consume Ki?

Then say there was an advanced form of Wolf Fang Fist that used Ki to make wolf heads around your hands. It would then be a Special Move?

EDIT: Or since Wolf Fang Fist is only useful in combat, would it be a Special Move originally?

Gotcha.

So would something like Yamcha's Wolf Fang Fist be considered a technique since it doesn't consume Ki?

Then say there was an advanced form of Wolf Fang Fist that used Ki to make wolf heads around your hands. It would then be a Special Move?

EDIT: Or since Wolf Fang Fist is only useful in combat, would it be a Special Move originally?
Likely the latter.

However Ki sense, flight, Afterimages. Those would be abilities mostly unique to earth.

That said im not gonna be too hard on the enforcement of that here. If something finds itself in a wrong slot or i think it should go in slot A instead of B ill just let ya know.

Im willing to work with ya so don’t sweat the small stuff. Im vastly more interested in the characters lives than their powers as the powers section will fill out more as we go.

Thanks.
So how close can our characters be in relation to canon characters? Can I like have a character that's the son of the Ox-King?

Are senzu beans gonna be in the rp?
Yes. We are starting without the dragon balls being present due to the death of king piccolo, but that will be addressed in short order. The lack of dragon balls would've lead to korin teaching the practice of growing the Senzu beans to The tribe at the bottom of the tower. Production is actually up.

One caveat…the dont work on androids

Yes. We are starting without the dragon balls being present due to the death of king piccolo, but that will be addressed in short order. The lack of dragon balls would've lead to korin teaching the practice of growing the Senzu beans to The tribe at the bottom of the tower. Production is actually up.

One caveat…the dont work on androids
I'm sure the Briefs or some can invent nanobots designed to quickly repair androids at some point

Are cyborgs a separate entity from androids? Or are those two different things. Would an android OC be allowed?

Also, hi

Are cyborgs a separate entity from androids? Or are those two different things. Would an android OC be allowed?

Also, hi
Yes, yes, and yes.

They are different, Cyborgs are from human base, while andriods are from scratch. For all intents and purposes they are the same.

And yes Andriods ocs are playable. Anything Below #16 is allowable. But for 13,14,&15 you will need to touch base with me via Pm so we can discuss fusion of parts.

Does that mean the android oc would be a prototype of 17 and 18? Would they have the infinite energy gimmick that androids have? Or maybe some sort of ki absorption like Gero himself?

I've been RPing for a looong while relating to the Dragon Ball universe. May I join this exquisite session of roleplay?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back