• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Dragon Age 2 - A Re-imagining

Bornlucky said:
Hey peaceswore, I don't want to over step my boundaries but I don't think Insanity demons exist, maybe Terror or despair. But from what I understand about your character he seems like he would attract a compassion spirit instead of terror or despair or most demons honestly and due to his personality he could change the spirit of compassion into a demon of despair like what anders did to Justice . But that's only my two cents as it's all up to you, as the fade is such a huge thing that it's hard to know everything about it and it's inhabitants~
Well I figure to add my own spin of a demon. He did attract a kind spirit but just like with Anders it changed after seeing some terrible things.

Peaceswore said:
??????????
It's a joke. You said you were 'making a male rouge'. Rouge is a colour. I know that you meant 'rogue' but I was kind of obliged to poke fun at it. Nothing meant by it, of course.

I have made progress with my character and version of Isabella. But still debating a few things such as name and appearance of him. I am thinking of using Isidore or maybe something else that fits better for what I have in mind.

Peaceswore said:
Well I figure to add my own spin of a demon. He did attract a kind spirit but just like with Anders it changed after seeing some terrible things.
Oh okay~

If your willing, what kind of spirit was it before Alex met it?

It was a spirit of sanity. A powerful passionate spirit that used to make it so everyone around it would never stress out or panic, nor do something crazy etc

Peaceswore said:
It was a spirit of sanity. A powerful passionate spirit that used to make it so everyone around it would never stress out or panic, nor do something crazy etc
On my phone so I can't reply as much, but spirits are usually named after ideals and such, and the demons are that ideal 'gone wrong' If your character was possessed by a spirit like that it woud probably be a spirit of Harmony. In the body of a boy who escaped the circle and possibly has some anger in him, it could turn into, say a Discord Demon. I'm okay with making new demons and such, but sanity just seems a bit off.

Also, just a quick question, is your character albino? We know from the DA novels that elves (and likely qunari) can have other worldly eye colors, but red is odd for a human.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ill check the other characters in depth later, as I don't have access to a computer until tonight.

@Saru love that name :] so far. Did you say you were going to do a genderbend isabela eariler? Or did I imagine that...

Jazimon said:
On my phone so I can't reply as much, but spirits are usually named after ideals and such, and the demons are that ideal 'gone wrong' If your character was possessed by a spirit like that it woud probably be a spirit od Harmony. In the body of a boy who escaped the circle and possibly has some anger in him, it coumd turn into, say a Discord Demon. I'm okay with making new demons and such, but sanity just seems a bit off.
Also, just a quick question, is your character albino? We know from the DA novels that elves (and likely qunari) can have other worldly eye colors, but red is odd for a human.
I'm stilling thinking on the spirit but I'm fine with a discord demon (Though if he gets possessed he will act pretty insane in some ways). And yes he is a natural albino, his eyes are red as well. I can give him a reason for having red eyes if you don't think they should be natural.

Peaceswore said:
I'm stilling thinking on the spirit but I'm fine with a discord demon (Though if he gets possessed he will act pretty insane in some ways). And yes he is a natural albino, his eyes are red as well. I can give him a reason for having red eyes if you don't think they should be natural.
No if he's albino then that makes sense, I was just wondering :]

Jazimon said:
Ill check the other characters in depth later, as I don't have access to a computer until tonight.
@Saru love that name :] so far. Did you say you were going to do a genderbend isabela eariler? Or did I imagine that...
Thanks, I am thinking of keeping it since fits and nothing else I have found works quite as well as Isidore. Plus with the name I wanted to keep it similar in a way to Isabella. But I plan to make a male character similar to Isabella but not a exact copy of her, such as a different backstory, birthplace and being a male of course. But still retaining the pirate, swashbuckler, ship captain part of her along wih a similar personality but with my own touch mixed in.

The reason of course for him being in Kirkwall remains. I even thought up a opening post already while working on him, the process has brought a enjoyment and looking forward to portraying him to be honest. xD

Saru said:
Thanks, I am thinking of keeping it since fits and nothing else I have found works quite as well as Isidore. Plus with the name I wanted to keep it similar in a way to Isabella. But I plan to make a male character similar to Isabella but not a exact copy of her, such as a different backstory, birthplace and being a male of course. But still retaining the pirate, swashbuckler, ship captain part of her along wih a similar personality but with my own touch mixed in.
The reason of course for him being in Kirkwall remains. I even thought up a opening post already while working on him, the process has brought a enjoyment and looking forward to portraying him to be honest. xD
Awesome! I'm gonna work on opening the thread late tonight / early morning. I'm going to have a section with a Quest Log, the only things you need to worry about is making personal quests for your character and coming up with ways they meet each other. Ill start a message group for us after the thread is created and we can all brainstorm :]

gotcha~ It should be easy to meet Alex as he will, like Anders, have the warden maps needed for the expedition (if we plan to do the expedition).

Peaceswore said:
gotcha~ It should be easy to meet Alex as he will, like Anders, have the warden maps needed for the expedition (if we plan to do the expedition).
Fantastic, and yes the expedition will still be on. My character is hosting it, it will be explained later :] So either me or the character of Hawke will likely go to you for the maps.

@Fezzes I'm excited that someone picked a Qunari background. I can't help to wonder how he managed to be captured by slavers seeing how massive he is, haha. Can't wait to hear that story!

@ThatGuyWithSouvlaki I love the picture that you found for your character :] Did your character leave to study on her own, or was she sent by the Keeper?

Name: Arthur

Spot Taken: Aveline

Race: Human

Eye Colour: Blue

Hair Colour: Brown

Height: 6'1

Weight: 218 lbs

Other Appearance: ((I legit struggle finding anyone better than this awesome actor as a FC for Fantasy RP's...))

-Casual Wear (he has two hands though xD ) -Battle Wear

images
200px-Jaime_Lannister.jpg

Class: Warrior

Weapon: Sword. A very sharp, pointy, stabby sword.

Armour: As seen in the second picture; very lightly equipped in a basic leather overcoat for maximum speed. The protection is just enough to stop a low power dagger thrust, or swing. Nothing more.

Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual! He's human, it's quite common in the race.

Current Occupation: Unemployed Fereldan refugee, on the run from the vicious Blight.

Current Goals: Survive normal life, try to work up to a comfortable way of living.

Personality: Arthur is very much a knight in many aspects - whilst not lugging a great shield, and plate armor round - he is generally very just, chivalrous, and kind (as kind as a murdered can be). Whilst at the same time being fiercely competitive, and sometimes easily angered, which pairs well with his confidence in battle. Arthur also prizes morality, and diplomacy, never wanting unnecessary violence, are to be braking laws, socially he is easy to have a conversation with, and is an ideal supporter to friends in need - although his sense of humor may be better described as cutting sarcasm.

Relationships/Family:

Twin Brother - A Grey Warden, his fate unknown.

Father - Remains in Redcliffe

Mother - Died in Childbirth.

History: Growing up in the Majestic Castle and village of Redliffe meant Arthur led a relatively easy life, his brother and he were well-loved by their father, a blacksmith, whilst his brother followed is fathers profession; Arthur was more interested in learning the art of combat, and took to practicing day and knight with nothing more than first a stick, then a dulled blade, until the upgrades went with time; and he was granted a special legendary word, that had been in the family for generations. Sharper than most, and lighter than most.

Despite his smithing skills, his brother was also a firm duelist, and the two would spar often; with Arthur usually winning the majority, however when a Grey Warded; Duncan, visited the village, his brother seemed obsessed with the idea of joining the legendary order, surprising both Arthur and his father, whilst the former had no interest in doing so. The days were a blur after his brother was accepted into the order, first the news of King Cailan's death, then the rumor that the Grey Wardens orchestrated it.

Arthur didn't care to find out, with the main bulk of Fereldan's army gone and most Grey Wardens soon to be the same, the Blight would spread uncontested. He fled the country, the Three Marches his destination. His father; foolishly, stubbornly refusing to leave, yet Arthur couldn't talk the man over- but he wasn't about to throw his life away. He left his home, alone.

Other: He's fast. Frighteningly fast, even rivaling nimble elf rogues in the speed category, amazing reflexes are also there; pretty important to avoid arrows.

He treasures his sword more as than a weapon; but a family heirloom.

I decided to change Garret into a NPC for later quest as I noticed theres more male characters showing up here so I decided to even it out~

tumblr_nrr2waQRDC1qloklro5_r2_500.png

Name:

Mirian

Nicknames / Aliases:

The merc with a mouth

Spot Taken:

Hawke

Race:

Dwarf

Gender and/or Sex:

Female

Eye Color:

Blue

Hair Color:

Light Brown

Height:

4'6"

Weight:

105 lbs

Appearance Other:

Pictured above~

Class:

Rogue

Weapon:

Duel Daggers

Armor:

Mirian wears a mix of leather and metal armor, heavy enough to protect her from some weapons but light enough to be quick and agile in combat

Romantic and/or Sexual Orientation: Pansexual/Demiromantic

Current Occupation:

Mercenary

Current Goals:

Survive Day to Day

Personality:

Mirian is sarcastic and charming, although she's a compulsive liar even with friends and family, her sense of humor is her pretending to have both an excessive sense of vanity and excessive self deprecation and she's not scared to insult others as one of the few things she's honest about. But getting past her charming facade she's a person ripe with emotional issues over his childhood and her history with the Carta. She's a good person underneath her jokes and snide comments, and she wants nothing more then to live a simple life away from violence and death with friends and family, although her life always seems to have a way of changing her plans once it stabilizes even a little.

Relationships / Family:

Garret - Twin Brother - Still a member of the Carta

History:

TBA

Other:

Mirian loves dark chocolate and orange pekoe tea with honey and milk, and she can be easily bribed by giving her these items. Mirian also loves trashy romance stories and gets embarrassed when somebody finds out about this fact about her. She's a touchy - Feely person and may grabs somebody's hands in the heat of a moment if she's weapon and armorless or surprised by something.

@Jazimon Thanks and sounds awesome! A brainstorming convo thread is a great idea. I'll be thinking of ways for my character to meet up with yours and everyone's, while having ideas formed for personal quests.

Bornlucky said:
I decided to change Garret into a NPC for later quest as I noticed theres more male characters showing up here so I decided to even it out~
tumblr_nrr2waQRDC1qloklro5_r2_500.png

Name:

Mirian

Nicknames / Aliases:

The merc with a mouth

Spot Taken:

Hawke

Race:

Dwarf

Gender and/or Sex:

Female

Eye Color:

Blue

Hair Color:

Light Brown

Height:

4'6"

Weight:

105 lbs

Appearance Other:

Pictured above~

Class:

Rogue

Weapon:

Duel Daggers

Armor:

Mirian wears a mix of leather and metal armor, heavy enough to protect her from some weapons but light enough to be quick and agile in combat

Romantic and/or Sexual Orientation: Pansexual/Demiromantic

Current Occupation:

Mercenary

Current Goals:

Survive Day to Day

Personality:

Mirian is sarcastic and charming, although she's a compulsive liar even with friends and family, her sense of humor is her pretending to have both an excessive sense of vanity and excessive self deprecation and she's not scared to insult others as one of the few things she's honest about. But getting past her charming facade she's a person ripe with emotional issues over his childhood and her history with the Carta. She's a good person underneath her jokes and snide comments, and she wants nothing more then to live a simple life away from violence and death with friends and family, although her life always seems to have a way of changing her plans once it stabilizes even a little.

Relationships / Family:

Garret - Twin Brother - Still a member of the Carta

History:

TBA

Other:

Mirian loves dark chocolate and orange pekoe tea with honey and milk, and she can be easily bribed by giving her these items. Mirian also loves trashy romance stories and gets embarrassed when somebody finds out about this fact about her. She's a touchy - Feely person and may grabs somebody's hands in the heat of a moment if she's weapon and armorless or surprised by something.

To be honest there is room for siblings so if you want you could still use Garrett as main and Mirian as a sibling and play them both. But I'm fine with whatever you do :]

@Jazimon I have a question, I have been thinking of a blend of classes only a slight blend but enough so my character has a even more unique style to him. If I were to blend Isabella's swashbuckler/Rogue style with a mage to form a swashbuckler/Mage class, would that be fine or overstepping the boundaries with that mix? I kinda just thought up a idea that seemed awesome with that kind of style and class but before I continue with it, wanted to run it by you first. It would fit his single dagger wielding style of fighting with added flare of shooting flames and fireballs when he feels so. It could also add to his story as well and reason for becoming a ship captain and living the life as he does, while providing a interesting backstory with his parents and added danger for him being in Kirkwall.

Saru said:
@Jazimon I have a question, I have been thinking of a blend of classes only a slight blend but enough so my character has a even more unique style to him. If I were to blend Isabella's swashbuckler/Rogue style with a mage to form a swashbuckler/Mage class, would that be fine or overstepping the boundaries with that mix? I kinda just thought up a idea that seemed awesome with that kind of style and class but before I continue with it, wanted to run it by you first. It would fit his single dagger wielding style of fighting with added flare of shooting flames and fireballs when he feels so. It could also add to his story as well and reason for becoming a ship captain and living the life as he does, while providing a interesting backstory with his parents and added danger for him being in Kirkwall.
I don't mind at all. So he'd be kinda like the battlemage class in Origins? I mean it never made sense to me while mages wouldn't just learn another craft to hide that they're a mage. Plus it sounds like you've really thought it out and if it adds to his history then yea, go for it.

Jazimon said:
I don't mind at all. So he'd be kinda like the battlemage class in Origins? I mean it never made sense to me while mages wouldn't just learn another craft to hide that they're a mage. Plus it sounds like you've really thought it out and if it adds to his history then yea, go for it.
Some mages could try to hide their magic but if they don't pratice traditional spells and magic it often shows itself in a different manner like being able to make charms and supposed able to see the future, these mages are often called Hedge mages or in rivain Seers, and often time hedge mages deal with demons and spirits regularly so it could be dangerous if they aren't careful.

Jazimon said:
It would be quite similar actually, and yeah I never understood that either. I mean compared to Magic learning how to wield a sword, dagger, axe,mace, maul or some kind of bow it should come rather easy and help them hide their magic as well. But alas we never saw many mages wield something other then a staff. Aside from battlemages of course, but it would be similar to them if a bit more explored and personalized to fit him.

I have it worked out for him and his history plays well into his being a swashbuckler and Mage. It's an idea that added the missing piece I believe to he character I have in mind and will use. Now I just need to write all this down and get his template submitted.

Thanks

@Bornlucky True, but if a balance was found and enough time spent on learning both I could see it working out. But true I see your point in that.

Bornlucky said:
Some mages could try to hide their magic but if they don't pratice traditional spells and magic it often shows itself in a different manner like being able to make charms and supposed able to see the future, these mages are often called Hedge mages or in rivain Seers, and often time hedge mages deal with demons and spirits regularly so it could be dangerous if they aren't careful.
Oh I didn't mean that they would never use their magic, I meant that they would also learn something else so as not to raise suspicions. But yea untrained magic is definitely something to worry about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back