Dota 2 RP Idea

Geozaki

Baby Dragon
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Dota2 is a MOBA or Multiplayer Online Battle Arena. It is playable for free on steam and is in my opinion the best MOBA (Yes even better than LOL). And I guess that this could be classified as an interest check but, before this is removed for being in the wrong section, it's not quite an interest check. I had an idea, and I'm not sure if this is a thing or if it's ever been done before, but I was thinking about DOTA RPing. Lemme explain.

in Dota you have 2 teams of 5 players (In a normal match) and the aim of the game is to destroy the enemy team's ancient (which is like a team base), before they get yours. All of the 100+ characters in Dota have a detailed background, and this is what I was thinking of using. I thought that we could play games together (Public or private) and rp while we do.

For example, Lina and Crystal Maiden are sisters in the game. (Crystal Maiden's my fave character), so if I were playing Crystal Maiden and someone else was Lina, then all of the chat between us would be as if we were siblings. So we play the game, but in character. It wouldn't have to be too accurate to the storyline as there's tonnes of it to memorise and I haven't managed it so yeah.

So what do you all think?

Yay! Better late than never! I'm just happy that someone seems interested! :D

If you want to be friends on steam, my name is geozaki4

Heh heh, I'll drop you a friend invite later. Do be warned, I'm not a dendi... yet.

If yah ever need someone for a roleplay with, just hit me up. A Dota 2 styled roleplay sounds like a blast in my ears.

Don't worry, I'm far from being even a 'good player.' I can only play a couple of characters, and even then, most people hate the way I do :P

Sounds like fun! You may regret saying that :P I can be a little... Enthusiastic :P

Heh heh, as long as you're polite and open to advice, we will get along just fine. I know about half of the heroes, and I have a good understanding for only a quarter of them. The other half, I know how they work but I haven't toyed with them much myself. I guess you can say I'm competent.

That's soon much better than me :D

I'm always open to advice, and I hope I'm polite... I'd like to think I am, but I generally let others decide on that one.

That is good to hear. We could do some funny or serious combos some time.

I believe you have accepted my friend request, that or I sent it to the wrong person. (My steam name is the same as my name on here).

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, that's a good question! What do you guys want in a RP thread on the site? Canon characters? Original Characters? A bit of both? I have a few loose ideas floating around for a RP, but if you guys have any ideas that would be very helpful!

And if we're going to do this in game as well, I can be online more often as of Sunday (hopefully). I've made a team which I will invite you both to join! (Just as soon as my Dota will allow me to, it's been a buggy week :P but I'll get there). Oh and if you want to add me on steam DrSunshine, my username is geozaki4! If memory serves well, RibRipper and I are friends already. Also if you have an idea for a team name, suggestions are more than welcome! It's currently called 'The Role-Players' because my brain doesn't work, so any ideas would be much appreciated!

Geozaki said:
Well, that's a good question! What do you guys want in a RP thread on the site? Canon characters? Original Characters? A bit of both? I have a few loose ideas floating around for a RP, but if you guys have any ideas that would be very helpful!
And if we're going to do this in game as well, I can be online more often as of Sunday (hopefully). I've made a team which I will invite you both to join! (Just as soon as my Dota will allow me to, it's been a buggy week :P but I'll get there). Oh and if you want to add me on steam DrSunshine, my username is geozaki4! If memory serves well, RibRipper and I are friends already. Also if you have an idea for a team name, suggestions are more than welcome! It's currently called 'The Role-Players' because my brain doesn't work, so any ideas would be much appreciated!
I play Omniknight, Chaos Knight, Timbersaw, and Sven often. I'm certain I got their personality mapped out in my head. Original characters sound interesting, though.

And a roleplaying Dota 2 team? Sign me up! We will be fighting against Na'vi and Evil Geniuses soon enough!

RibRipper said:
I play Omniknight, Chaos Knight, Timbersaw, and Sven often. I'm certain I got their personality mapped out in my head. Original characters sound interesting, though.
And a roleplaying Dota 2 team? Sign me up! We will be fighting against Na'vi and Evil Geniuses soon enough!
I generally play Crystal Maiden (She my fave, incase I didn't say before ( :P ) ), Drow Ranger, Wind Ranger, Phantom Assassin and Enchantress. I am also trying to learn others like Mirana, Templar Assassin, Naga Siren and so on in bot battles, but haven't played them much yet.

Oh yes, yes we will! 2016 Internationals here we come! ( :D )

DrSunshine said:
I actually have one or two hero ideas draw out pretty thoroughly in my head, even basic ideas for powers.
Sounds good to me! So does a RP with both Original and Canon characters sound like a plan?

I don't play Dota 2 mainly because of the learning curve and supposed toxic players. I come from Smite, but that has a third person PoV rather than isometric and for items you can get the ones that are popularly used by the god.

Scylla said:
I don't play Dota 2 mainly because of the learning curve and supposed toxic players. I come from Smite, but that has a third person PoV rather than isometric and for items you can get the ones that are popularly used by the god.
That's completely understandable! The learning curve is rathe steep and there are many toxic players. I've been the victim of them many times and unfortunately one of my friends is one too. But if you ever want to give it a go I'd be more than happy to play some private matches with you against A.I's or something, but if you still want to stay as far away as possible, I understand! I haven't played smite at all yet. (I've seen the game theory though). But I'm interested too! (I might have tried once, I think my computer may have had a problem with it). But I'm sure I'll try again soon! If you still wanna be a part of this then you're welcome! Especially for the RP thread, we're going to have some Original characters in it, so why not characters from other games?

Ok, so I've been thinking about all this and have a few ideas and things I'd like to share with you guys!

Dota Style RP Thread:

So, I have been thinking a little about the thread and have a few questions to ask you guys! First, shall we separate the characters into a Dire 'team' and a Radiant 'team' and then have some sort of war between the two factions? Then it would follow the idea of Radiant vs Dire or would you prefer something else? Also, I assume it'll be a thread open to the public of RPN, but thought I'd double check that you guys are ok with that!

RPing in Dota:

I've set up a team, (still open for names if anyone can come up with one). I've tried adding RibRipper (As he's the only one currently friends with me on steam, but for some reason it won't let me. But I'm going to keep trying!

What do you guys think? And if you have any questions, be sure to let me know!

(Geez, that sounded so formal!)

Scylla said:
I'm not the best teacher, but I know how rough it was to get a grip on Dota 2. You ever wanna give it a try, I can help teach you as well. (On the topic of toxic players, I usually have fun messing with them in game.)

Geozaki said:
Ok, so I've been thinking about all this and have a few ideas and things I'd like to share with you guys!
Dota Style RP Thread:

So, I have been thinking a little about the thread and have a few questions to ask you guys! First, shall we separate the characters into a Dire 'team' and a Radiant 'team' and then have some sort of war between the two factions? Then it would follow the idea of Radiant vs Dire or would you prefer something else? Also, I assume it'll be a thread open to the public of RPN, but thought I'd double check that you guys are ok with that!

RPing in Dota:

I've set up a team, (still open for names if anyone can come up with one). I've tried adding RibRipper (As he's the only one currently friends with me on steam, but for some reason it won't let me. But I'm going to keep trying!

What do you guys think? And if you have any questions, be sure to let me know!

(Geez, that sounded so formal!)
In my eyes, having a war like how the games go sounds like fun. I'm not sure if we need a narrator or something, I've never had one before.

Also, about me being added to the team, do I need to be in-game in like a party or something? That sounds like what I'd have to do. I've never been in a team.

Last edited by a moderator:
RibRipper said:
I'm not the best teacher, but I know how rough it was to get a grip on Dota 2. You ever wanna give it a try, I can help teach you as well. (On the topic of toxic players, I usually have fun messing with them in game.)
In my eyes, having a war like how the games go sounds like fun. I'm not sure if we need a narrator or something, I've never had one before.

Also, about me being added to the team, do I need to be in-game in like a party or something? That sounds like what I'd have to do. I've never been in a team.
Oh yeah! Messing with toxic players is half the fun of Dota!

Ooh, a narrator, I'd never even have thought of that!

I'm not sure, but we should try it ASAP! I've never been in a team either! It'll be fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back