Video Games Doki Doki Literature Club

Ok, so I don't mind spoilers, but I don't get how it's disturbing.

Is it the potential suicide? (I only watched markiplier play it... like the first few parts)
And first of all, the skirts are unrealistically floofy. Ridiculous.
It's disturbing because of the "unexpected" factor. Breaking the fourth wall, glitching the game randomly, hyper-realism. Basically a creepypasta gone mainstream.

And the way one of the characters is portraying depression is actually spot-on, so it makes the horror more... real?

I like it for the memes.

I discovered that Monika's character file was an image by accident, then proceeded to waste an hour and half of my life trying to find out what was in the character files... So this new game had better be make up for my time and the money I (may) spend... lol.

To be honest, I really enjoyed the way Doki Doki messes with your head. I really like those sort of games that screw with you by breaking the fourth wall and making you do stuff to the game files... But personally, I kinda found the horror part underwhelming. I didn't find the scenes disturbing at all, and it kinda killed my expectations for being a psychological horror game. I get that the messing with your head part is supposed to be that horror aspect but I just couldn't help bat sit back and take a sip out of my Monster energy while watching Yuri stab herself, then laugh at myself while all that weird text flashed on my screen......

is it only me that didnt find Doki Doki scary to any extent at all, or is it just me???

I mean, to be fair, you're talking to a person who's seen alot of scary stuff on the darker side of the web...

DDLC was one helluva advertisement for Team Salvato's upcoming horror game.

A little bit of Monika in my life, a little bit of Monika by my side
A little bit of Monika is all I need, a little bit of Monika is what I see
A little bit of Monika in the sun, a little bit of Monika all night long
A little bit of Monika here I am, a little bit of you makes me your man

I just finished it about half an hour ago. I was originally going to sleep at two, after I "finished the festival with Sayori," but noooooooooooooooooooooooo it had to fuck with me.

I do not approve. Although it was pretty good. I STILL DON'T APPROVE AND NOW IT'S 6:09AM FML

I just finished it about half an hour ago. I was originally going to sleep at two, after I "finished the festival with Sayori," but noooooooooooooooooooooooo it had to fuck with me.

I do not approve. Although it was pretty good. I STILL DON'T APPROVE AND NOW IT'S 6:09AM FML
So did you really finish or just go up to the part in which Sayori stopped hanging around with you?

A
So did you really finish or just go up to the part in which Sayori stopped hanging around with you?
And when I said it had to fuck with me I meant because of the deaths so yeahhhhhhh no me gusta

I got so blindsided by this game. My friend installed it on my laptop for me and told me it was a cute dating sim (I have a guilty pleasure for those) So that like eerie "something is really wrong here" feeling it gives you was kinda ignored. That first jump scare got me so bad!

I got so blindsided by this game. My friend installed it on my laptop for me and told me it was a cute dating sim (I have a guilty pleasure for those) So that like eerie "something is really wrong here" feeling it gives you was kinda ignored. That first jump scare got me so bad!
I like dating sims too so I was like hmmmmm what's really goin on >->

Haven't played it but seen enough playthroughs to basically know the game.

I'm considering passing it to a friend who likes visual novels as a sick joke.

My favorite anime is Doki Doki Literature Club! Pointless inside jokes aside, this game was f*cking messed up. My friend told me to play it and when I went to download it one of the tags said "Psychological Horror," obviously that was just a prank... right? To make it even more interesting, I streamed the whole thing and my brother and my friend watched it as I played through the whole game. Gotta say, the adventures of the man named niggahwaht were fairly short-lived as after I beat the game, I closed it and deleted all the files, but left the folder called DDLC on my desktop so I'll never forget the game that got me into visual novels.

I enjoyed the meta aspect of it It tried harder then a lot of other games, and being free that just made it all the better. You can feel the love put in it at the very least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back