Other Do you miss rp friends?

Yes. I've had a ton of rpers over the years and I miss them greatly. I'm grateful for the new ones I've made. They are so wholesome.

I’ve found that, lately, I have indeed been missing a group I rped with just last year. They were incredible writers, so patient with me, and they were not only the players in my game, but people who helped me get through tough moments in my life. I miss them so much, and I hope to rp with them again someday.

Simon Strut Simon Strut especially you bestie

I miss roleplaying in general. I used to know a lot of amazing authors who just vanished into thin air. I have never been able to get back in contact with them, as the social media they used are completely deserted now.

Nowadays, I find it extremely difficult to get that same bond with the people I used to write with. Hell, people are hardly able to commit or be patient nowadays. My former rp friends and I could wait for weeks on each other before continuing a story, whereas now... if you're not active for a week, people ditch you in an instant.

I miss roleplaying in general. I used to know a lot of amazing authors who just vanished into thin air. I have never been able to get back in contact with them, as the social media they used are completely deserted now.

Nowadays, I find it extremely difficult to get that same bond with the people I used to write with. Hell, people are hardly able to commit or be patient nowadays. My former rp friends and I could wait for weeks on each other before continuing a story, whereas now... if you're not active for a week, people ditch you in an instant.
hurts, but so true.

I’ve found that, lately, I have indeed been missing a group I rped with just last year. They were incredible writers, so patient with me, and they were not only the players in my game, but people who helped me get through tough moments in my life. I miss them so much, and I hope to rp with them again someday.

Simon Strut Simon Strut especially you bestie
Damn, hadn't realised I'd made that much of an impact 😅

Very much so, I remember login on everyday at an exact time just to talk to them. Every single person I've enjoyed actually talking to I missed, they just disappear. Either stopped responding or just leaving all together

I feel like I never got super close enough to roleplay partners in the past to  really be friends, but I do think about many of them all the same. I always seem to meet good people and then regret not talking more, because I tend to be shy and/or self conscious, so I'm trying to be more friendly these days and form some real friendships haha
WHen I first started back as a teenager, there were some really cool folks I admired as writers (and oddly, were some of my first exposures to real LGBT people talking LGBT things, which was nice, as a closeted teen without anyone to talk to) who I think of time to time. There was also a pet sim site I used to rp on a lot, and I miss some of the people from there from time to time! I definitely wonder how they're doing these days.

When I've shared a lot of OOC banter with a RP partner over a period of time, yes it hurts when it ends or they vanish.

out of all the great people ive rped with, there are only two that i would consider friends. one of them, we have each other on facebook, and through a crazy coincidence, we now have a very similar rp going on to one we did like 6 years ago. another one, i had on instagram and snapchat, however they took a social media break and their accounts have sat inactive since. i do miss that one, i hope theyre okay. we became the kind of friends that would talk/call every day, talk about our lives, etc. i think for like a year we didnt even rp lol, i really miss them. they were such a funny and awesome person

the friend i have on facebook is that cool too, we shared a lot of personal stuff with each other and ill always have a soft spot for them. it makes me happy to see them living their best life and getting to do the things we always talked about when we were younger. they recently got a tattoo and got to go to disney world, which made my heart so warm for them because it looked like they had the time of their life. ive met and rped with a lot of people, but those two are more than just writing partners to me, ill always be happy to hear about them and theyll always be friends to me before writers

Ya… the first group was because my mom threatened to call the cops on them but we didn’t really do anything except talk and roleplay a child and father roleplay with some drama of battles in a fantasy world on a minecraft rip off game called world craft

I’m 20 now and almost 21 so my mom can’t do anything about it especially since I don’t live with her anymore. He went by the name genesis and I roleplayed as Surgess or surg and it was a rather interesting roleplay we had where he was the god of war. And I was somehow the daughter of another god of war. From another friend I had.

We roleplayed for so long until… my mom threatened him and to call the cops. I hated her for it and I’ve tried to reconnect with him by finding him again but he either didn’t respond or I couldn’t find him.

I recently went back to the game that was ones free but now you hafto pay for it and all the servers I used to play were all dead and you had to pay money to get the game even tho it was ones free.

I couldnt find anyone to roleplay with anymore and it was all just dead servers and no one I was comfortable trying to target to rp. I felt out of place after being absent for so long.

Ontop of that… all my friends moved on… no one was in the servers I used to play despite being there for 3 hours.

Like bestwolfpack
Or assassin camp

For sure. I used to rp through groups on deviantart back when I was drawing but life got in the way for a while and a lot us dropped off the platform. I am friends with one of them, we meet up and hang out still but she doesn't rp anymore :(

That's why I'm trying to find some new long term rp partners on here now :csmile:

I miss my rp friend all the time, we still talk and occasionally rp but it feels like after 4 years they're moving on and I'm stuck pining for their writing

10 years ago me and my ex fiance would roleplay 8 hours a day everyday for 5 years straight... Best years of my life. But... all good things must come to a end.

Absolutely- there's a few I do miss and a few I don't. There's one I still have thankfully that our Legacy has been running strong for 3 years+ with just new content we keep writing about. But with me being a new mom and him getting busy with life and stuff we both are finding it hard to make time to dedicate to our writing with our busy schedules. I don't feel us distancing as we're literally best friends beyond our rping but I do feel it changing and I don't..like that.

Not exactly rp partners, but my old dnd party. You see, a member of the party had died in a car crash and for obvious reasons we stopped playing the campaign. I miss my old party so bad, and though I wasn't to close to the man who died it was definitely a saddening experience.

I miss my old partners all the time. I had a roleplay that went on for almost nine years (we were just kids when we started it), and we just naturally drifted apart. I still think about her and our characters a lot.

I had another partner that became one of my good friends. I joined his D&D group with his friends and we talked a lot. I went on hiatus due to some personal things, and when I came back he had deleted his account. I just hope he’s doing okay.

There are definitely a few I still remember, especially from the early days of websites like Neopets, Gaia and places like that.

The nostalgia is strong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back