Other Do you miss rp friends?

certainly! i can’t say that i’ve had that much years of experience in the rp community, but i’ve had my fair share of rp friends.

great stories and kind communities really brings people together. my previous rp friend, who lived on the opposite time zone as me, used to stay up just so we can chat and fawn over and plot with our characters. and i’d do vice versa and stay up when she was awaking up. it was a real detriment to our sleep schedule but we didn’t mind it because we were having fun. we made ship names and sent each other songs and talked about our lives too. there was a real kinship there. i love and still miss her so!

but life goes on, she had a lot more life responsibilities than me at the time. i was the younger between us. so when she had to go, i was sad and wished her well. sometimes, i think about messaging her from time to time, but even so the account is inactive.

i hope that she’s doing well though! and if she ever came online again, i’d throw her a welcoming party myself! 🎉

I lost contact with my first set of rp friends over 14 years ago I'm hoping that I can find them either on here on facebook and I'm wondering if they either moved on with their lives or do they still rp? I just started to think about them last week:closedeyescryingfrown:

I lost contact with my first set of rp friends over 14 years ago I'm hoping that I can find them either on here on facebook and I'm wondering if they either moved on with their lives or do they still rp? I just started to think about them last week:closedeyescryingfrown:

i totally understand this feeling. it’s really hard to say good bye to such close friends. while i can’t say with much certainty that you’d find them, i really wish you good luck that you do. i’m sure they’ll have fond memories of you as well!

Bruh, I can't remember the people I talked to last week, much less fourteen years ago. To be perfectly honest, I've never been really hot on making friends online. I barely care about people I meet face to face. I can count the friends that I consider ACTUAL friends on one hand. I've left at least a dozen roleplay sites over the last two decades, and I can't think of a single person that I miss or that would miss me. lol

And I'm totally fine with that, btw.

Yeah, I definitely miss a group of friends I used to rp with on Gaia many years ago! I think that was the only group I had multiple rps with the same characters back then ... we even had an AIM chat at some point! I hope they're doing well ...

Yeah, I definitely miss a group of friends I used to rp with on Gaia many years ago! I think that was the only group I had multiple rps with the same characters back then ... we even had an AIM chat at some point! I hope they're doing well ...
I'm hoping to find the people I use to rp with 14 years ago when I first started to rp on aol.

I'm hoping to find the people I use to rp with 14 years ago when I first started to rp on aol.
Oh, good luck!! Do you remember their usernames or anything? Or specifics about their characters, if you used OCs? You might be able to track them down that way!

Oh, good luck!! Do you remember their usernames or anything? Or specifics about their characters, if you used OCs? You might be able to track them down that way!
I remember their characters not their username some of them disappeared on me and I stupidly deleted their sns but others I still have their email addresses . I even found a Journal entry on live journal about the former chat room that I use to be in and I posted in there hoping it gets attention

I remember their characters not their username some of them disappeared on me and I stupidly deleted their sns but others I still have their email addresses . I even found a Journal entry on live journal about the former chat room that I use to be in and I posted in there hoping it gets attention
Aw man, I hope you find them! I only ever interacted with a small group on AIM and it was an original plot with OCs so I can't help unfortunately, but I'm crossing my fingers for you!

Fair amount. I had a decent little gang of RP friends we did a space opera RP together and just hung out in non-rp thread, we used Ventrilo & mumble to chat (before discord was a thing) and had skype groups (when skype wasn't so shitty).

Back in the day I would say I mostly RP'd with RL friends so if I really wanted to I could ask to RP, but I know ours styles don't mesh. Recently I had an IRL falling out with an RP partner and friend, the rift between us we've tried to mend but I just can't get past the dynamic we ended up in.

I actually wish more that I could make RP friends again. Like I came close 2ish years ago in an discord roleplay community server, but as soon as the exhaustion of being this chatty, bubbly person hit I couldn't be in chat all the time and people just forgot me! XD

But yeah I miss old RPs, the excitment, the people.

//sighs!

There are a few I miss quite deeply. I've maintained some contact with most of them...so it's more that we drifted apart. Our point of connection was a mutual creative space and when it faded what was left was usually a warm nostalgia. I find it funny how close I feel to some of them despite the fact that we're never met and haven't had a 'deep' interaction in years. I have a very different rapport with the people I roleplay with offline, that's always been more casual and less personal. But with online roleplaying we often found ourselves getting to know each other very personally by proxy.

Most of the time life has been to blame. People got married, got busy, got another hobby, or got addicted to MMOs. It's one of those things - even when some of us have gotten back together it's usually not the same. Lightning can strike twice...but that's not a given.

Last edited:
I had a pretty solid group I miss. We met on neopets and then moved off site. I was a junior in highschool when we started and the RP carried on until I was a freshman in college so we all got to know each other pretty well. A few were older than me and one by one we all kinda lost touch (which was pretty sad because for years we talked every day). I still occasionally talk to one of them but I really miss the friendship we all shared. I hope to find a group like that again but I feel like it's just a matter of being in the right place at the right time you know?

There was this one group here on RPN for a MHA RP that I was in called “Go Beyond Plus Ultra!” But, it died out like all great things...I’ve tried to reboot it a couple times, but, it always died before it could start. Not only that, the people there were awesome, I at least still keep in touch with one of the group members.

Do you ever miss any of your rp friends that you lose contact with over the years? I miss the people that I rped with 14 years ago
All the time. It kind of makes me sad actually because I’ve only had a small number of rp partners in my life but they went on for years. I really really miss it

i have a few partners that i really miss, but all the old, old ones that i'm unfortunately not in touch with anymore, i've tried to get back in touch with multiple times over the years but all to no avail. alas, some connections just aren't meant to last... gotta learn to live with it. anyway, i've been learning how to move on and trying to get better at focusing on the current partners that i've got instead, basically doing everything i can to learn from what resulted in the lost connections so that i can hopefully keep the new ones around as long as possible. :')

yes, of course. rping is a great way to get to know people, writing with someone is so personal that i think it's pretty hard not to get attached to someone you have a long term rp going on with. i don't think i miss my old rp buddies to the same extent that some other people here do though. i've never been in a one on one that lasted longer than a couple of weeks and i think it's probably harder to get closer to people when there's a big group roleplaying, which is what i've always been more inclined to do.
that being said, i met my best friend through a group roleplay. my first roleplay ever in fact. and six years later we're still incredibly close and speak every day. we don't rp anymore together, our friendship has kinda gone past that point, but that's okay. we were only kids when we met and i think it would be pretty awkward if we were to start trying to rp together now lmao.

yes, of course. rping is a great way to get to know people, writing with someone is so personal that i think it's pretty hard not to get attached to someone you have a long term rp going on with. i don't think i miss my old rp buddies to the same extent that some other people here do though. i've never been in a one on one that lasted longer than a couple of weeks and i think it's probably harder to get closer to people when there's a big group roleplaying, which is what i've always been more inclined to do.
that being said, i met my best friend through a group roleplay. my first roleplay ever in fact. and six years later we're still incredibly close and speak every day. we don't rp anymore together, our friendship has kinda gone past that point, but that's okay. we were only kids when we met and i think it would be pretty awkward if we were to start trying to rp together now lmao.
I met one of my role playing friends at a convention

I'm sure that everyone has old writing buddies that they miss to some extent.

I miss my earliest Roleplaying partners, personally. There's at least five or six good friends that I no longer speak or write with. Some of them are from earlier websites like MSN or Chatango while others I've lost as recently as within the past three years. Sometimes it's a matter of losing contact and other times it's because of your friends got busy with work, school, life, and so on. I have one close friend that I can only write with during school breaks because school kicks her butt, for example. I've found that the best method for these situations is to either compromise or accept that you've lost contact with your friends and move on. I think the latter may be more probable in your situation because of how much time has passed, unfortunately. You can try to find them, but it may be better off to accept that they've likely moved on and you should too by finding new friends to write it.

Hope you can find some new folks to write with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back