Other Do you miss rp friends?

Yeah, I still run our Middle eastern/mongolian world. 20 years going and were still kicking. But I do miss some of the older faces that were once part of our community.

Yes, all the time. It's really sad thinking about the friends I made back when I first started roleplaying vanishing. Life happens, and sometimes people just move on. I have a few RP friends I occasionally check in on, but it's still an awful feeling when you lose the consistency you had with your online buddies :(

I really miss my rp friend who I played with for 8 or 9 years - my first proper online rp partner. She and I were super close at one point. I went to the us to visit her and we had ten days of the best fun. Sadly we lost touch in the end. I still think about her though. :/

There was a group of friends who I had been roleplaying actively together with for four years when we suddenly started to drift apart due to life circumstances making it hard for us to roleplay together again. I still talk with some of them sometimes, but no one has been trying to reach out to each other in that group nowadays. Thankfully, though, I have made plenty of new friends who I would say I am even more comfortable with now in comparison to that last group.

Eh. I guess I'm rather lucky? I still keep in contact with all my RP friends. Play D&D with them multiple times over the week. Currently living with and dating one as well. I suppose they may classify as something a bit more than they originally were at this point.

I do miss hanging with them if that counts. Save for two of us we all kind of wound up living in the same part of the country largely by chance. Hardly a unique opinion that this year has been rather rough.

What I really miss is when someone is like super into your RP and is a very central character, then they just poof, never respond to you and then the RP dies because they were a cornerstone to all the mini plot lines, that I always miss, maybe it's the non closure of knowing why they ran away.

After a certain point, RP friends just become regular friends. Whether or not you write together anymore isn't really relevant, as that was just how you met. Some of the people I've been closest with are those who I've met through writing, although I hardly RP anymore these days. Others may argue that them being online reduces the meaningfulness of the friendship, but more often than not, I think it makes it easier to get closer to someone. It's a lot easier to trust someone when you don't have to worry about all of the complexities that come with face-to-face interactions. And yet, it's also a lot easier to never hear from them again. You make RP friends with the knowledge that one day, they might log out and never come back online again.

Yeah, sometimes you do have to wonder where they are now. Sort of nostalgic, y'know? Like that meme of booting up Halo 3 for the first time in ten years and seeing "last online 3467 days ago" on someone you used to play everyday with.

I feel like I'm losing touch with Rp friends I've been friends with for three years. We still have a discord server together but no one really posts in it much anymore. It's sad cos I love these weirdos.

Definitely!! I was super active several years ago and really formed a great group of RP-ing friends. Naturally, life got in the way and we went our separate ways, although I still see a few of active on this site. I'll always treasure the fun times we had together tho!

There's a good few people that I greatly miss, rp friends I had for years. We either just grew up and drifted apart or one of us just disappeared suddenly. I think it's because I learned to write with them, or improved my writing because of them.

I'm lucky enough that two of my best rp friends became best friends and I talk to them almost daily.

Then there are the ideas I miss, the plots and snippets that were super fascinating but never got anywhere. Wasted potential is always sad, but I don't know if anyone else occasionally thinks about them like I do.

Here my cringe story on the topic lul

It's been around a year or so since I decided to join the RP community, having joined due to the mind numbingly boring and repetitive experience of playing some games, working and occasionally drawing if I had the time to do so with quarantine happening. I've always wanted to create a story of my main OC, but I simply lacked the imagination to take a pencil and paper and write it myself. So decided to give RP a chance to make it a reality. While my first RPs weren't exactly super exciting, it did give me and Idea on the type of story I wanted to join and make with my OC. While I didn't find it immediately, fast forward about 4 months since I joined in April to August, where I found it.

My first proper RP. Irregularity. A simple BNHA AU RP with people like me wanting to write story with their own OCs and some with Canon Characters from other universes to fit the new universe. While I had to drastically improve the way I write in order to qualify, it was definitely worth it in the end for the short month it was alive. I connected with them pretty quickly, and it was perhaps one of the most enjoyable experiences in my life in a long time. I could have go as far as say that they were friends, something I couldn't really make for most of my life either...

Alas, nothing lasts forever, and well, this didn't either. Within 2 months, we started to distance from each other and by October, I was the only one left, the last of the Irregularity RP. Despite trying to revive said RP twice, it was safe to say that it was over.

We may have not known each other for long, but still, to this day I still seek to re find that spark that this group of people ignited in me, to no avail...yet. Since of recently, due to being unable to find an Interest Check similar to the Irregularity one, I decided to reboot the RP myself, this time with me leading the RP instead. I hope to make and forge new bonds of friendship with the people of this new RP in order to help me move on and even if that one dies, I shall simply repeat history and start it over again. The RP may have died, but the bonds, the fun and the experience of making that story shall forever live in me as a core memory of making me the person I am today.

Do you ever miss any of your rp friends that you lose contact with over the years? I miss the people that I rped with 14 years ago
Definitely! Around the time I started here and was the most active came about during a Dragon Age rp and the group I met from there came away with some awesome friends. It’s been a few years or so, but that was definitely one of the best rp experiences and periods for me.

In all honesty I don't miss the people as much as I miss the experience. I often miss how RPing felt and the fun I had doing it as a teenager. It hit differently back then, now it feels more like a chore. Not the roleplaying (though sometimes...) rather the process of trying to get a partner in the first place. I remember the entire experience from finding a partner to writing the roleplay was exciting, fun, enjoyable and now it feels like jumping through unnecessary hoops. Nothing about the experience has change, finding a partner is the same now as it was 14 years ago. The difference now is I want to cut out the middle man but it isn't possible.

So yeah I miss how RPing felt 14 years ago. I sort of miss the people in a general sense, after all they did give me the original experience that I now long for!

It's a mixed bag. Most of my old RP partners were pretty homophobic and/or fetishizing gay relationships, especially gay men. So it was toxic for me as a bi guy to roleplay with them... I did it because I felt "grateful" anyone would want to have an LGBT roleplay partner back then but it lead me to internalized a lot of bad bs. There were also many with twisted views on romanticizing abusive relationships, including age-gaps (ew), and using minorities for drama. Weird times for me, and a lot of it tied with the Tumblr mindset of the times. I had unfortunate interactions with someone much too old for me as a teen roleplayer, too.

But there are a few that were wholesome and spent hours and hours worldbuilding with me online! It's ironic that I mostly only remember the bad apples. I guess that's how memory does, the negative sticks out more than the positive. I'm very happy with my roleplaying these days!

All the time. Mostly cause they also were my gaming buddies. And it just hit to keep playing some games, or know some games we used to share are gone now too.

Ye, in one RP in another site some years ago, we were three and some weeks after starting, one of our guys banished without a trace. We had to find a replacement and write his character off. Later learnt why he banished. Luckily it wasn't anything serious.

I had a nice group a little while ago, lasted for yeeeeaaaaars... Really liked 'em. Had my very first ship in that RP too, so it still means a lot to me. Unfortunately, controversy filled the OOC and it lead to a pretty ugly end, eventually winding up with me and my ship partner no longer on speaking terms. It's a real shame... I do miss my RP friends once in awhile.

Oh gosh, yes. Sometimes you lose touch, or people migrate to new forums or discord handles, etc, and the trail just goes cold :(

Oh, do I ever.
Remember back in the days of MSN? I went to three different junior highs and my boyfriend lived in a different town (about two hours away) so a lot of my life was online. I remember getting a phone call from one of my role-play friends on my cell phone during a grade eight dance, asking if I was okay because I hadn't been on for three nights in a row- between dance practice because I had a big competition the next weekend. I wonder if my super cool friend who used to fawn over FOB and Nevershoutnever with me is doing well from time and time again.
Now, I try to be friendly with all of my partners. When I get dropped I take it personally but I don't often find myself thinking about them after the fact.

i definitely have some old rp partners i remember but not enough with usernames, and whatever posts we had are now gone Q_Q..

the one i remmeber the most though was my first rp partner ever, back on flipnote hatena, they had the screename “Jasper” and we rped warrior cats in a group but we would interact a lot in posts. this was back on flipnote hatena, if anyone remembers that, it was where i first learned where to rp :-). i sucked but it was the most fun i’d ever had online at that point. our ocs were rainfur (Jasper’s oc) and mine was foxwhisker, but i know we had other characters as well since it was the nature of warrior cats rp, just these two we used a lot. i remember thinking Jasper was so cool since they would write more than I did and drew art, but one day they left and i never saw them again Q_Q... i was VERY young at the time, this had to be 12 years ago or so, i remember my profile mentioning clearly i was in middle school :-P, so no real way to keep contact up, i guess, but i remember them so much but i doubt there’s any way to meet again, due to flipnote hatena being wiped off the face of the earth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back