Other Do you miss rp friends?

I had some people I RPed with, they ran a netlabel which I was on the discord server of. The RP was great, rejuvinated my then-waning interest in writing, but the people managing it took some issue with some of my plot points, and generally just hated my guts. The worst was the server owner, this super pretentious Russian girl, and her second in command, this young British boy who always said the quiet part of her insults out loud. On my birthday in 2020, September 30th, I crossed them one too many times and got kicked from the server. I found solace for a year or so in a different server with other cool people who got kicked out, but I lost that too with my old acc. Crying shame too, because I miss a lot of those people.

There's a select few I've gotten really close with in the past, like we often got to where we talked about more than just roleplays. It was a typical online friendship at that point and roleplaying just happened to be something we did together. I still wonder how they are doing these years. Mainly if they are okay.

I miss them so much! Fifteen years later and I still remember their usernames! The forum is gone now though so I have no way of finding them. I did become facebook friends with one, but we fell out of contact since they seemed to lose interest in writing. Just thinking about them makes me nostalgic and sad.

Yeah, I’ve been fortunate enough to have made some great Rp friends over the years and though rps didn’t finish. the times, experiences and chats in and out of the rp still remain as good memories to have. Lost touch over the years for various reasons and such as things go. But definitely some well missed comrades over the years!

I had that one partner who was great at writing nonsense story lines. She was so funny, and so patient in writing out details, and not wanting to rush the story along. She didn't try to dominate the roleplay in any way.

I was in the weird world of Roblox RP for about two years, and then I deleted it after trying to focus on devotions. It was hard, so to give this urge to roleplay again a run for its money, I begun to roleplay on Wattpad, as I was doing with Quotev, and then I found this site. It’s been a tough one trying to keep a special interest in roleplaying, but I’ve tried to do so.

Yes. So, so, so much. I used to Skype (2012~2015) with them a lot back in the day. I hope they're okay.

I absolutely do! I still have fond memories of my old role-play friends and groups, including old artwork and memes. While we all grow and change over time, I'd love to reconnect with some of them someday. But even if that doesn't happen, I'm always open to making new connections and creating new adventures with new role-play friends. I'm hopeful that I'll have the chance to do just that!

Ahhh, anyone roleplay on Crunchyroll before the website change? Good times. I definitely miss my rp friends on there. I still talk to some of them, it's amazing how friendships can evolve from a simple roleplay.

Yeah, I definitely do miss my old RP friends. Remembering the past is nice but painful at the same time. Hoping to make new friends and new memories soon.

There’s quite a few people I used to RP with - some of which the best partners I’ve had - that pretty much seemingly disappeared from the face of the Earth. There were also people whom I just really liked hanging out with that I met here who also just kind of vanished. It’s quite sad when it happens and I would like to talk to them again if I could. Though it’s also true that are plenty of times when I barely am able to talk with other friends I’ve made through RP / on RPN.

There's a few that I sometimes wonder how their doing now. But I think there has to be an understanding that all rp partners or online friendships can just disappear off the face of the earth with no notice.

I think there's some beauty in that. Enjoy the time you get with random people across the globe while you can.

I had one group of close RP friends that fell apart due to immaturity and distraught over the plot of an RP once. It was very devastating at the time, because I thought we were going to be able to talk over things as friends do, but they were purely concerned with my actions over the game. I realized quickly there was no deep friendship behind their actions. Occasionally, they have reached out to apologize and we have talked a little, but it was never the same and I do not miss them anymore.

HOWEVER. I have one absolutely true friend I found from RPing that I talk with basically everyday, and I adore her. By this point since we have known each other for so long, if something were to happen that led to us separating in any form, to say I'd 'miss' them would be an understatement. I'd be heartbroken.

Well, two people I've rp'ed with for a decade now are around here and I still RP with them, but I've been rping since roughly 2001. And I can't say I miss the vast majority of them. I can't say I seen most of them as friends either, more like fellow hobbyists, I've moved on.

I’ve lost some friends either from falling out or they were in a disagreement with another friend of mine. It’s sad but all I can do now is keep on keeping on

absolutely. My closest rp buddy was my ex and I miss them a lot. They were my best friend

100%, even if it’s mostly nostalgia. Since then I've never had a roleplay friend that I can pitch one stupid, random or super vague idea to, or vice versa, and we instantly get it and roll with the plot. I miss having that easy friend chem, and all the goofy one word plots that could go on for months. Maybe I'll find more roleplay friends like that, maybe I won't, but I still have those memories

I absolutely miss roleplay partners.

I've met literally hundreds of people in my time. But there are a dozen or so who I remember and wish I could roleplay with again.

I'm lucky that there's a handful I've met and am still friends with away from roleplaying. We chat on Discord, game together, etc. It's nice.

However, I look forward to what the future brings and continue to hold out hope that I'll continue making friends and enjoy truly enriching experiences with others as I continue.

I've been fortunate to have followed the same group for 24 years now. However, some have come and gone. And while new people have answered the call. I still miss my old writing partners. x-x

There are people I don't miss because they turned out to be assholes. But otherwise, there are many I don't miss outside of that because we're still friends even after, like, a decade or so now. Networking works, people.

Everyone I know between 2001 and 2012 have all basically retired from the hobby. A handful I keep in touch with, but I do long for a "one last ride" message from them. It never comes, but life moves on as it does.

Sometimes. I had this one partner I kept RPing with for a few years, doing a series of Hunger Games RP's. They still remain some of my most memorable RP's to date, but eventually we just stopped. Real life kept getting in the way for us both and then gradually we lost contact.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back