Anime & Manga Do you like subbed or dubbed better?

I prefer subbed to dubbed, but in some rare cases I'll take dubbed over subbed. Black Lagoon for example.

It depends on the series, honestly. If it's something like Cowboy Bebop, DBZ, both of the FMA series, stuff like that, I prefer the dub because all of those shows have absolutely incredible dubs. But if it's something like JoJo's, I really prefer the sub because you can tell the actors had a blast voicing their roles.

I gotta agree, it really depends. Because come on... ghost stories english dub is.....
It's so good...

no but really, there are some that have some pretty good voice acting, like code geass

It depends on if there is a dub
If I wanna watch something, but it's in sub, I'll watch it. I usually watch dub though since I like watching anime while writing for RP or doing homework.

I was wondering who on here likes subbed or dubbed anime. For me it really just depends on whether I want to read subtitles, and what their voices sound like, but I also know some meaning is lost in the dubbed versions. Give me your opinions on the subject fellow anime/manga nerds.

It honestly rrly depends on da anime for me. Some of em r better for sub n others r better for dub. For example, when it comes down to DBZ/DBS I rrly prefer da Dub voices. But for somethin like Boruto I honestly prefer da sub. For BNHA , I like both. So it rrly depends for da most part. I wouldn't say one is better than da other in general.

mostly Dubbed,with Subbed I find it hard to follow along with the text,particularly when your eating dinner well watching. XD with Dubbed it's easy to follow along because you don't have to read sometimes fast moving text,even though the english voice actors aren't always as good as the Japanese ones.

I prefer sub anime, considering some anime, like D.Grey-Man, some of the voice actors completely missed the mark in the English verison. All in all, it just depends.

I don’t exactly care whenever it’s subbed or dubbed, but mostly I tend to watch subbed anime.

Sometimes the characters dub voices aren’t as good as the subbed version.

I prefer subbed because usually I think the voices sound better, plus I'm trying to learn Japanese so it helps to hear it spoken. Sometimes I do like dubs though; I feel like I'm open to whatever as long as it doesn't sound bad... but yeah, in general, I like subbed most.

I gotta agree, it really depends. Because come on... ghost stories english dub is.....
It's so good...

The Ghost Stories dub is legendary 11/10

dubbed! my eyes tend to wander when i’m watching shows, if it’s subbed then i have to pause, rewind, and reread what i missed. with dubbed, i can get distracted by my kitten all i want and still listen to the show lol.

I personally liked dubbed more. But it depends on the anime, still most of the time I find myself too lazy to read subtitles.

I generally prefer subbed for everything - anime, games, movies etc regardless of language
I just like to hear the original language even if I don't understand it, because intonations also convey something, and that is very likely to be lost or misinterpreted in dub (not saying always, but often).
And if I do understand the language - there are jokes and play on words that are often impossible to translate similarly and I would like to hear them.

However I don't mind watching dubbed stuff, because then I can focus on something else while watching, like drawing or doing chores, because I won't need to stare at my screen and can still understand everything.

Subbed definitely. Dub always sounds very unnatural and you lose so much from the original script.

Subbed for me. Even with films that are already in English or in our native tongue, I'll still turn on subtitles. I remember dialogue and quotes better when reading it rather than just listening to it. Plus I don't have to turn the volume way up for hushed conversations.

They both have their pros and cons. I will usually go for dub but if I have no choice but sub I'll watch it. I actually like AOT better subbed instead of the English dub.

Depends. I love a good dub, but subs are usually my default. That said, there are some anime I'll always watch dubbed, like Steins;Gate, Code Geass. and The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Their subs are amazing, don't get me wrong, but for my money the dub is where it's at.

Original dub tends to have the largest amount of work put into it and therefore is usually the best. Hence, sub.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back