Anime & Manga Do you like subbed or dubbed better?

uhhhhhh *dub*, surprisingly.
believe me, i have come across a few cringey dubs and therefore reverted back to the sub, but as an english speaker i just find more humor in a lot of dubbed anime. such as naruto, hetalia, my hero academia, death note, etc.

I'm not into Anime but for films/Tv in general I would prefer subs. So often the Dubs tend to be emotionless which does not help to set the tone for what is happening.

It really depends. At least with anime, some have to be subbed, and some have to be subbed. Like, Naruto makes sense in Japanese, because ninjas. On the other hand, in Black Butler, English accents don't do well in Japanese.

dubbed, though I find subbed voices are usually better sounding. I merely say dub bc it allows me to multitask since I don’t have to read subtitles.

Give me subs almost all of the time. The only ones I so far have enjoyed are the Ghibli films Howl's Moving Castle and Kiki's Delivery Service.

I love reading and I love the japanese language, but it's easier for me to just listen to the words than reading them. For whatever reason it's very hard for me to read subs and take everything else in..Maybe that's just me. For that reason only I pick dub but I know sub is better.

Depends. Certain animes I like Subbed better.. But other's like The Disastrous Life of Saiki K, I prefer Dubbed. The voices in the dubbed for Saiki K just seem to match the character's better if you ask me.
Though- most of the time I try to stick to dub, since I multitask, and watch anime while drawling. And I need English since I know zero Japanese. Well, Besides a couple words like Baka, and etc.

I like dub better, sometimes the english voices are pretty bad yeah but honestly they're not as bad as people make them out to be.
(So bad that its unbearable) they're just pretty eugh when they're bad.

I usually go for dubs because, honestly, I’m almost always multitasking. It’s easier to keep up when I can just listen and understand what’s being said while I do whatever other task(s) might require my attention.

I generally go for dubs because like the person above me, I'm multi tasking. But It also depends on the voice actors. There are some that I just adore and prefer the Dub for that reason: Example Spirited Away. Love Haku's voice actor.

I usually go for dubs because, honestly, I’m almost always multitasking. It’s easier to keep up when I can just listen and understand what’s being said while I do whatever other task(s) might require my attention.

This is pretty spot-on for me as well.

I have only ever watched one anime, and I prefer Dubbed by a long margin. For one it helps the viewer feel closer to the character because of the absence of a language barrier, and reading subtitles can be an eyesore and a nuisance.

Unpopular opinion, but I prefer dubbed now a days. I get distracted a lot and have a hard time watching a show if I can't get away with looking away from time to time.

I can’t watch anything without subtitles but I prefer dubbed anime. It would be even better if the dubbed versions had subtitles too.

I need to hear and see the words to pay attention. If I only have subbed anime I won’t be able to play on my phone every now and then because I’m stuck reading everything lmao.

I honestly can't stand the dubbed version at all. The lip-sync gets all off and they often doesn't match the character, so I always go for sub.

Subbed for sure. I only put on dubbed if I wanna see how they translated, or if I need background noise while I clean my apartment :33:

Subbed. Even a long time ago when I first started watching anime. I've always found the English voice acting to sound weird or strange.

Usually dubbed, but if it only comes in subs I'm still gonna watch. Whichever version I start the anime in is the one I have to finish it in. Otherwise everything seems so wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back