• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Do You Hear The Dark Lullaby? (Horror - Platonic or F/F)(CLOSED FOR NOW)

Neon Valkyrie

She Who Is Called I Am
It has been many seasons since I set about a search,
I've wandered past a thousand threads I'd happily besmirch,
But once I pull the portal open, peer upon the din,
I find a folly frittering, all light and daft within.

And so I seek, this cruel night, a soul to ease my aching,
to bring me tales of woe and fear, of murders in the making,
And when the night grows darker still, and blackness eats the sky,
I ask you, darling visitor, do you hear the dark lullaby?

Hello, don't judge me to harshly, we're all a little strange sometimes ( * ~*)

My name is Neon. If you've made it this far, then it's a rare pleasure to have your attention. I live in western Canada, as I have done for almost 27 years, my whooooole life. Well, not my whole life yet. Fingers crossed. Now, normally I'm a picture of joy, a rainbow on a soap bubble, the thing you feed sugar when it's feeling down. I still am, in fact, just wonderfully upbeat. Like nature, though, and all things in it, I have more than one side. My day has a night, my sun a moon, my glowing exterior ... a rotten core full of teeth. Now, I've had ample opportunity to express my positivity among you fine people. I've been heroes and elves, healers and students, all manner of light and decent things.

I'm *clap* just *clap* sick *clap* of *clap* it *clap*.

I want blood. I want tension, cowardice, anger. I want conflict, and insults, and hardship. I want things that go bump in the night, things that come from beyond space, things that crawl and stalk and lurk and devour. I want murder and madness and monsters, and I'm not entirely sure I want to make it out alive. ((figuratively, of course, and while the themes and atmosphere will be dark, we will be adhering to the ToS.))

So if anyone is willing, able, interested ... I have a few ideas.

(TAKEN)The Swell of Madness - Her father left when she was nine. He sat her and her mother down one weekend morning, made them breakfast, talked and laughed with them. When they were finished eating, he told them he'd found his true calling, and that they weren't part of it. They learned to get on without him. The apartment was small, but they had enough room. She got used to taking the bus, got used to a different school, got used to being alone. She missed him. She missed having a family. Her pain fermented. She learned to hate him, just like her mother did. He'd abandoned them on a whim, abandoned his family without any more than a cryptic half-explanation. He was gone. Imagine her shock, then, when she came home after a well-celebrated 23rd birthday to find a handwritten letter slipped under her door. A letter from ... from him. He wanted to see her. How dare he? She hated him, hated even the idea of him. So why was she going to see him? Why was she dragging her girlfriend/friend along to a middle-of-nowhere town along the east coast, a town that doesn't even show up on a map?

Gravity Rises - or "Where The Trees Whisper" - Perille Oregon is a normal town. A normal town nestled amid whispering pines and babbling rivers. A town without strange, hovering, blinking lights in the sky that weave and swirl in some incomprehensible dance. A town without a thousand inhuman eyes that glow and glower from every dark alleyway, every storm drain, every long shadow. A place where monsters and creatures with natures and forms so maleficent or strange as to escape description, if not comprehension entirely, are just figments of your imagination. A place where the disappearances and deaths in a year certainly don't exceed the population. A perfect place for the sixteen year old Alder twins (see what I did there?) to relax, enjoy their summer, connect with their estranged and unpleasant great uncle, and reflect on the sudden and mysterious fire that devoured their family home, their mother and father still inside. A place they may never leave.

(TAKEN)Shadows of the Past - When did we get to the forest? How long have we been here? Who are we? Do we even know each other? Someone's coming, maybe they can help, maybe they can tell us what's happening, where we've ended up, who we were? His face is gone, not removed, just gone. Smooth skin stretched over a gnashing, distended maw. His hands are like bat-wings, veiny flesh stretched between knives, the razor tips clicking gently together with excitement. What looked from a distance like clothing is its blackened and distended flesh, parasites of all size and description wriggling, writhing beneath the skin, protruding where sores allowed. This is a nightmare. We must be asleep ... we'll wake up, right? Wake up ... WAKE UP!

It Stands Against Reason - One last case. That's all I asked her for. One last case and she could go wherever she wanted, do whatever she pleased. Snap a few pictures of the old man with his mistress, get some parabolic audio to back it up. No one said anything about the girl, about them tying her down, cutting ... I mean Jesus, she was still alive, still watching. I don't even know how they saw us through the tinting, through the half-drawn blinds. I wouldn't even have believed it if I hadn't gotten a picture of his eyes ... those horrible eyes, glaring right at the lens. Shit, he probably would have seen us through concrete. We got the hell out of dodge, got home ... we thought we were safe. I still don't know how they got into my apartment, got past the alarm, got right into the bedroom ... I still can't sleep without seeing those smiling faces staring down at me ... I just ... I just wish ... I hadn't dragged her into all this ... just one more case ... one last case.

Added 06/28
There's No Place Like Home: Spirit, British Columbia, the newly founded community along the pacific coast that's built with YOUR family in mind. For twelve years, the ten anonymous investors, leaders in their fields, have worked tirelessly with one dream in mind; A community of hand-picked, like-minded individuals, who enjoy living as part of a community, instead of just near one. A place where values are still alive, and families are still first priority. Now, some have criticized my parents for only building 200 houses, but a healthy community is a close community, and it's impossible to be close to a thousand people, a million people ... instead of being jealous, be inspired, to go out and ... and ...Oh god, oh god please, you have to help me, this is all a lie, I'm ... I'm not even their kid, they killed my parents, dragged me out of my house. Please, get help, we aren't safe, pl->Ahem< I uh ... Sorry. Be Inspired to go out and build you own perfect haven against the storm, with the people you hold dear ...

A Never Ending Dark: The stars are all gone. This place was supposed to be safe, a bastion against political tension and environmental collapse and planetary disaster and ... and everything. A utopia floating among the stars ... but the stars are all gone. The captain has shut all the view-ports, he says we've entered some kind of dust cloud. He says we shouldn't worry. He says we'll be out soon ... but the stars are all gone. People are getting worried, people are getting scared ... people are disappearing. The dark is creeping inside ... some of the outer rings of the station have been overtaken by some kind of ... I don't even know. It's like a doorway into nothingness. The hallway is just falling apart, out into open space ... but there's nothing there. No vacuum, no space ... just nothing ... the stars a-are ... all gone.

If something appeals to you, inspires you, offends you, stirs you in general, leave me a message, PM me, scream at the sky ... do what feels strangest.

Last edited:
I know this is weird, but I think I like the The Swell of Madness setup.....

You seem to be in a really dark place here, and clearly I should advise you to seek some help before you hurt someone. But at the same time, as long as you know this is just a RP and nothing more, then I see no harm in the idea you have in mind.

I think I may even want to be apart of the idea. I think I may like it enough to try it out. Just as long as we can still make it fun and more of a PG-13 rating and not so much a heavy RP story. Just I hope you don’t go overboard with your obvious madness.

I know this is weird, but I think I like the The Swell of Madness setup.....

You seem to be in a really dark place here, and clearly I should advise you to seek some help before you hurt someone. But at the same time, as long as you know this is just a RP and nothing more, then I see no harm in the idea you have in mind.

I think I may even want to be apart of the idea. I think I may like it enough to try it out. Just as long as we can still make it fun and more of a PG-13 rating and not so much a heavy RP story. Just I hope you don’t go overboard with your obvious madness.

It's not weird, it's wonderful!

I'm always in a really dark place, but also in a really bright place, but I promise, there is no risk whatsoever of me hurting anyone, myself included. What can I say ... sometimes you just want dark chocolate.

Oh yes, PG-13 is a must considering I'd like to keep it on-site. No excessive gore, no sexual or erotic content, but I should warn you that the "Swell of Madness" plot was inspired by a few different H.P. Lovecraft stories, and the plot centre's around the awakening of a dark god under the waves, and the cult that is working to raise him to the surface. A mysterious romp through a town full of cult members seeking to capture the two characters for purposes unknown.

Ahhh! I want to roleplay with you but I feel so out of my league! (*~*)

Edit: Huh, Why did this get loved on?

Last edited:
Aw don't feel that way, you're just looking at the product of too little sleep and too much spare time ^_^

Which plot got you?

EDIT: Or did you have one of your own?
I'm in love with The Swell of Madness and Shadows of The Past comes in for a close second, Even though I've been roleplaying for a few years I just feel so out of my league, I'm horrible at making plots and usually it goes "Uhh, Maybe we're roommates..?" but you just made several book worthy plots and AHHH! They're so good!! >~<

Edit: How are you so modest!?

I'm in love with The Swell of Madness and Shadows of The Past comes in for a close second, Even though I've been roleplaying for a few years I just feel so out of my league, I'm horrible at making plots and usually it goes "Uhh, Maybe we're roommates..?" but you just made several book worthy plots and AHHH! They're so good!! >~<

Edit: How are you so modest!?
Ooh, conspiracy, the supernatural, good picks ^_^

Aw, hey, plenty of people ARE roommates, so it makes sense. Stop it! No! Compliments! AAAARGH! They hurt! *sizzle*

But really, you're too kind!

And what do you most enjoy in an RP? Action, interaction, conflict, plot progression, description, world-building? Yes ... I am totally overthinking this :P

Ooh, conspiracy, the supernatural, good picks ^_^

Aw, hey, plenty of people ARE roommates, so it makes sense. Stop it! No! Compliments! AAAARGH! They hurt! *sizzle*

But really, you're too kind!

And what do you most enjoy in an RP? Action, interaction, conflict, plot progression, description, world-building? Yes ... I am totally overthinking this :P
But really, you're too kind! modest!

Aha, I guess I'm well rounded, I don't really know which I enjoy most, Maybe world-building..?

But really, you're too kind! modest!

Aha, I guess I'm well rounded, I don't really know which I enjoy most, Maybe world-building..?

Hmmm, let's go with Shadows of the Past then. It's more sandbox-style, more open to whatever we want to do. Swell is more like a story experience, with the progression more like that of a guided adventure. I'll still do a lot of environment-craft in Shadows, to be sure, but the story is more open, waiting to be defined. Oh this is exciting! I'll PM you!

Hmmm, let's go with Shadows of the Past then. It's more sandbox-style, more open to whatever we want to do. Swell is more like a story experience, with the progression more like that of a guided adventure. I'll still do a lot of environment-craft in Shadows, to be sure, but the story is more open, waiting to be defined. Oh this is exciting! I'll PM you!
Well, Alright then, See you there!

I love The Swells of Madness owo

I just hope that a paragraph at least would suffice. I dont have a computer, so I use my phone.

I'd be interested in The Swell of Madness, Gravity Rises, or There's No Place Like Home! Let me know if you're still looking!

I love The Swells of Madness owo

I just hope that a paragraph at least would suffice. I dont have a computer, so I use my phone.

I keep 1x1s pretty light on coding, so using your phone shouldn't cause problems. I'll PM you when I get home ^¬^

I'd be interested in The Swell of Madness, Gravity Rises, or There's No Place Like Home! Let me know if you're still looking!

Ooh, note to self, Lovecraft is a popular one. If you're down, I'd sooner do one of the latter two, since Madness has been so requested. They have slightly different structures too; Gravity is a slower paced, kind of episodic structure, where I picture Home as more of a traditional psychological thriller, every moment is stressful. Which do you think you'd prefer?

Alright, bed time for Neon. Sleep well, oh creatures of the night ... or, I suppose, creatures from other time zones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back