• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

DnD 5e Anyone?

redfang54

Hello all,

I am looking to hopefully start a DnD campaign on here and I was wondering if anyone would be interested. I have DMed multiple games in person before, but never have I done one in a forum like this so it may be a learning experience for all involved but i would certainly love to make an attempt at it :) new and experienced players are all welcomed!

I'm thinking I'll be a lawful good human fighter who used to be a city watchman before he was falsely charged committing a crime (perhaps some sort of police brutality or something) so he became a for-hire adventurer.

sounds like a solid character idea man ( :) ) and anyone is free to join we just need a few more players

Depends on starting level... but perhaps a Barbarian seeking some being of mythical portance within his belief structure, such as a specific color of dragon or a Thunderbird.

I will start at a pretty low level at first for sure because there will be people new to the game playing but definitely i do not plan on staying a super low level for a long time, hopefully that doesn't drive you off itll be nice having some people who have played before

Would you be cool with things from any of the Unearthed Arcana articles? In particular, I'm looking at the Kyrnn Minotaur because I think bullmen are awesome. It does seem a bit powerful just from me looking at it, but I have very little experience with 5e so I wouldn't really know.

Hummm well I didn't plan on setting my campaign in Dragonlance and it would be kinda weird working a minotaur into the story BUT yeah if you really wanna play a bison man than hey why not lets do it ( :P )

and just so we're clear you're looking at this from wizards too right?

http://media.wizards.com/2015/downloads/dnd/UA_Waterborne_v3.pdf

If that's not what your looking at get back to me and show me what you're looking at ( :) )

Hmm... Dragonlance... that's the place where the gods eventual pull out and it becomes Darksun, right?

No, in Dragonlance you can challenge the Gods and if you defeat them you take their power from them. In Darksun there really aren't Gods present for the most part and magic is rare. They are different universes.

At the end of the Dragonlance metaplot, the gods back up and leave, taking divine magic with them, but not opening the realm up to new gods, creating a new era.

Darksun is without Gods, Divine Magic, or Dimensional Travel, and it's ruled by power mad Dragon Lords.

Dragonlance is set in the world of Krynn, Darksun is set in Athas. Though some points in the worlds plots may be similar, they are different worlds entirely. The two of them are still connected through the inner planes and can rarely access each other through various planer traveling methods but they are two different cosmologies.

K... Soon then clearly I'm not versed int the lore of Krynn... will that be a problem?

Haha no you wont need to know the intricacies of the DnD universe that we're going to be playing in (B') not a problem at all!

Right... so itinerant orc barbarian questing for a sign from the Thunderbirds where to start his tribe.

Yes I'm looking at that article. And I have no experience with Dragonlance besides being about 30 pages into a novel. I'm not really looking for a Dragonlance game, the Krynn Minotaur could be fluffed as being from some other place.

(If I'm not too late) I'd love to jump in on this. I've played a fair amount of DnD3.5 but I haven't managed to jump into 5e yet. I'd love some experience in it.

Is there any context I should be aware of for designing a character or should I just jump in feet first and get creative? (Ie. Should I be aiming for certain alignments? Is there a certain town or city or region or something that we're starting in? idk just any context for character creation.)

Same as buddy above, free time up the wazoo and nothing to do, so you got me if you need me, haven't tried 5 ed before though I am certainly willing to try. Well, I have actually, but that campaign lasted about a day and flopped over faster then a... soemthing that flops over fast, I'm tired I ain't got much material. Used to 3.5/pathfinder but I'm certain i can rummage up the rulebooks, maybe check out the SRD if it even has one.

I managed to scrounge up what's available, suprisngly not a lot really... he'll the rule book only has four classes to...

Question for yea, what's the draw of 5e? What makes it stand better then the others to yea?

Orikanyo said:
I managed to scrounge up what's available, suprisngly not a lot really... he'll the rule book only has four classes to...
Question for yea, what's the draw of 5e? What makes it stand better then the others to yea?
It's stream lined... They really attempted to break away from the three hours real time to five minute fight, and they succeeded.
The system is built to run through the most hectic 6 second combat round in a few minutes. Additionally, the least steep power curves mean that even a 20th level barbarian can be taken down by a large enough horde of kobolds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back