• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Divinity Unbound: The Dragon Goddess (OOC Thread)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
I’m also curious to know what the current season is in the roleplay.

GojiBean GojiBean question! For the purposes of sticking to your intended story line, will our characters be starting in the same location? If so... where?

Cause then this would affect what my character would be doing before hand and why she would be doing that. Which also affects her recent background somewhat.
Chordling Chordling

Good questions.

The season will be late Spring. If you're in the northern hemisphere of the world that will mean bright blue skies, sunny weather, and overall a moderate and pleasant kind of seasonal environment. If you're in the Southern hemisphere it means slightly colder days, partially cloudy on most days, and overall a slightly more dull environment before Summertime kicks in.

As for the group, I have not yet decided if everyone need be in the same area. This RP's starting premise can work whether the group is together or not, so I'll leave it up to everyone to cast their vote to decide if we should start together or apart and eventually congregate at Dragon's Cove.

Here's what'll happen for both scenarios:

Together - If the group all starts in the same area our characters will all meet in a coastal city where they're drawn to one another by mysterious forces they can't understand. Basically when they see each other, they'll feel drawn to one another as if they've always known each other. But they're total strangers. So it's a weird cognitive dissonance. Once everyone's joined up, we will try to find someone crazy enough to take us to Dragon's Cove (the Dragons don't let ANYONE near the island, as Elena pointed out in the intro, so this'll be tough since everyone's afraid of the island and goes out of their way to steer clear of it on all trade and travel routes). Once we do find someone to take us we'll begin a joint sea voyage to the Cove and encounter a few minor obstacles along the way out at sea before eventually reaching the island.

Apart - If we begin apart, the premise is largely the same. But this time everyone will be voyaging across the seas to Dragon's Cove as individuals and will have a more unique and personal voyage experience where they're forced to overcome the various obstacles that arise by themselves. This will be more difficult, but again it will also be more personal which may be attractive to some. The group experience will be far easier since we will have so many collective skill sets together at once for supporting one another. If we're alone, we're alone. No help, magical or divine, will be provided. So if your skills aren't a good match for what's ahead, buckle up and do your best. You might need to cross your fingers that someone on the crew of the ship you're on knows a little something that can help you.

Anyway, that's the plan. Whether together or apart we're going to find our way to a coastal city to try and find someone to take us to Dragon's Cove (that's the first obstacle), voyage across the sea, overcome a few obstacles along the way, and finally congregate on the island's Southern shores. From there the story will progress as a collective and stay that way unless I see fit to separate everyone again at a later point in time which is possible, but not likely.

Thanks for answering my question Goji, here's my answer to yours:

I think it would be detrimental starting apart. One of the large elements about roleplaying in this format is having character interaction. It seems a bit dangerous to me if our character go all that way without ever running into each other. I would worry the story would die before we even reach the cove!

But I do think it may be fun to start in smaller parties at first (groups of two or three) so our characters can learn more about each other in a smaller environment before we all gang up in the coastal city. We can decide on groups once everyone finalizes their character sheets if we decide to go this route.

I have to agree with Chordling Chordling here, and I shall expand by saying IMO the most we could do "apart" is probably the same region, but again their group idea would be the only way to pull that off.

FINALLY FINISHED MY CHARACTER!!! (Though if you need me to change or add anything I will GojiBean GojiBean )
Edit: Dangit I forgot the personal strengths and weaknesses, lemme add those RQ

Edit: Fixed, some of his flaws may not come off quite right as they're a bit hard to describe but fear not he is a flawed character with a lot to sort out.

Last edited:
Greetings all!

If your character profile is complete go ahead and get an intro post up for your character (We'll wait to start grouping everyone until everyone who's interested in participating has an intro post).

Elena is in Erithia, which is one of the Green sections in the Northeast region of the map. She's making her way towards the coast that's closest to Dragon's Cove, so we can set up a proper meeting anywhere along a direct route there. The reasons for your character being in her path could be because they happen to live in the region, they're on business, they're nomadic and happen to be traveling there, etc.

If you want help refining a chance encounter between your character and Elena, please let me know and we can get something started!

Oh man. She might not meet Nora for a while. I have her clan in Guureta.

That's fine, and that's why I designed the RP's premise to work whether together or apart. Lol.

If you and I need to do something of a side 1x1 while others closer to Elena do a group up, we can do that so that Nora gets to Dragon's Cove to meet the others once they're all there as well. Or, if there's another Player whose character is close to yours, then you can group up and journey to the nearest respective coastal city and go on your way while a second group goes theirs.

Either way everyone's going to end up on the same spot which is the Southernmost tip of the long peninsula at the bottom of Dragon's Cove.

Let's wait to proceed with Nora until we know more about the other characters who will be joining us so we get a better idea of where everyone is, then we can strategize a method to either make one big group or two smaller ones if need be.

Sounds like a smart plan!

Also, I’m curious to know if Nora’s father and older clan members would be familiar with anything about Sil’Eph Niir. And if they do, what would they know?

Sounds like a smart plan!

Also, I’m curious to know if Nora’s father and older clan members would be familiar with anything about Sil’Eph Niir. And if they do, what would they know?

Technically, no. But they only wouldn't know anything about her directly. Indirectly might be another story depending on how you want to approach it.

Reason being is that when the Gods created and populated the Mortal Plane, they did so and then left it immediately to its own devices. Any religions the mortals developed were based on their own unique interpretations of what a higher being(s) might be. So whatever Gods they worship, funny enough, are not the actual Gods themselves. But the Gods are fine with this. They didn't create the mortals to worship or pray to them. They created the mortals to live and enjoy the cycle of life as they never could.

Still, that doesn't mean that her tribe wouldn't be familiar with rumors or legends of something powerful being on the island of Dragon's Cove (hence the "indirect" reference before).

Because she's a Goddess, Sil'Eph Niir's mortal coil exudes insane levels of mana which can be felt by anyone with magical potential when they get close enough to the island. So if Nora's tribe ever explored the oceans around the Cove, they would most certainly have felt an overwhelming presence emanating from it. They wouldn't know exactly what it is or why it was there, but they'd feel it. So, they could in theory have come up with the idea that this is either due to the Dragons (because they're friggin' powerful in their own right, lol), or due to some kind of special being or maybe some kind of special item located on the island that's causing this insane pressure.

If the tribe hasn't ventured far from their home or explored the oceans, then certainly they'd have heard the rumors and legends through tradesman who passed them along.

So it's up to you how you'd like to play that, if at all.

If anyone is in this area LMK we can make moving you real easy!

Attachments

• 1645632518895.png
    1645632518895.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 4
Elena will more than likely follow this path to reach the coast. So we can have her meet your boy somewhere along the way. She'll be moving through neutral territory as much as possible to avoid as many people as possible. Poor little anti-social bean.

Elena Path.JPG

I haven't forgotten! Work is just unexpectedly busy and hard to get some time away to really sit down and write. But I'll get more done today! With it, I'll have figured out where my character is so that can be done.

He can be in the brown territory right now, and if anyone else is in this area we can meet them along the way.
I originally intended (ok, more likely first thoguht) my character to be from that little yellow part Katal.
Luckily said first thought vanished fast and my second idea / the one I had gone with (despite me not having mentioned any thing of that sort in my CS) would be in the region around Grie'tan, and if my eyes don't deceive me, that should roughly be as far away as Elena's route. So my character meeting the two of you (or maybe either one of you separately) is highly likely, as long as he sticks to the claimed territory path.

I originally intended (ok, more likely first thoguht) my character to be from that little yellow part Katal.
Luckily said first thought vanished fast and my second idea / the one I had gone with (despite me not having mentioned any thing of that sort in my CS) would be in the region around Grie'tan, and if my eyes don't deceive me, that should roughly be as far away as Elena's route. So my character meeting the two of you (or maybe either one of you separately) is highly likely, as long as he sticks to the claimed territory path.
You're a decent bit further than Elena, but you can easily meet up with us in this area depending on when you've left
1645639260392.png

Eldrid said it, but I'll reiterate. It's about the same distance as Elena from the destination point on the coast. And that's really where the bulk of our initial character interactions will take place anyway. I plan to move us to that point sooner than later.

So yeah. As long as we join you in the coastal city (whatever its name is, haven't thought of it yet, lol) everything should be gucci.

Bah! I'm on a roll in my writing, but of course my coworker is leaving already and gonna leave me alone on the floor. I got a little done, but I have a lot more planned. Will try to work on it more later today.

Updated my character's image! Friend worked on it for me. A lot closer how he looks compared to the bloody berserker from before.

Eldrid said it, but I'll reiterate. It's about the same distance as Elena from the destination point on the coast. And that's really where the bulk of our initial character interactions will take place anyway. I plan to move us to that point sooner than later.

So yeah. As long as we join you in the coastal city (whatever its name is, haven't thought of it yet, lol) everything should be gucci.
In regards to the intro post, may I ask whether there is anything I should pay attention to? Should it roughly be structured like the first one you wrote? I apologoze if these questions seem redundant.

Adding to that, since my character will most likely be alone until the coastal city is reached, can I assume, that it would be fine if my Intro post (or the one following that to be more clear) would describe his way directly to the coastal city? Obviously only if in the near future nobody new joins and chooses to be close enough for my character to encounter. I am asking since the "I plan to move us to that point sooner than later." sounded to me as if you wish to still take some time (at least a few posts) until the coastal city is going to be explored / roleplayed within.
I wouldn't mind writing a few roleplaying posts that only focus on my characters journey alone to the coastal city though, so if that would be required, I'd be able to comply.

If I misunderstood and or misinterpreted your words, then my apologize.

In regards to the intro post, may I ask whether there is anything I should pay attention to? Should it roughly be structured like the first one you wrote? I apologoze if these questions seem redundant.

Adding to that, since my character will most likely be alone until the coastal city is reached, can I assume, that it would be fine if my Intro post (or the one following that to be more clear) would describe his way directly to the coastal city? Obviously only if in the near future nobody new joins and chooses to be close enough for my character to encounter. I am asking since the "I plan to move us to that point sooner than later." sounded to me as if you wish to still take some time (at least a few posts) until the coastal city is going to be explored / roleplayed within.
I wouldn't mind writing a few roleplaying posts that only focus on my characters journey alone to the coastal city though, so if that would be required, I'd be able to comply.

If I misunderstood and or misinterpreted your words, then my apologize.

Hoyo.

Yes, the structure will be similar to my intro. Your character can start doing whatever you want them to be doing whether it's business, pleasure, or nothing at all. They'll suddenly be hearing a bunch of incoherent voices in their head, and those voices will then go quiet and a single voice will then be heard urging them to open their heart to Sil'Eph Niir's name, as it is calling to them. Once they do, they'll hear that final SoundCloud clip I added of the woman singing the melody. After hearing that call, they'll instinctively know where it's coming from at Dragon's Cove. And they'll know they have to find a way to get there.

Since I do want to enjoy at least some character interactions before getting to the city, you can go ahead and post some solo journey stuff if you want, or you can collab with me on a post where I play various NPC's and you play as your character. That way you and I can both participate, I can put a few bits of info and worldbuilding into it, and you can work your way towards the city at basically the same pace as everyone else.

Let me know which you prefer and we can make it happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back