• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Divergent: Faction Before Blood // RP Thread

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

Thorn

Mood: Worried

Interactions: Blair, Mentions Aubrey

Thorn had sat in silence as the two young women talked and discussed things he knew he had no real part in. So much of his life had been on the outside of the Dauntless community due to his beliefs among other things. Seeing the people he was currently initiating with talking and carrying on about things as he sat by was nothing new to him and he truly didn’t mind. When Aubrey got up to leave though he stood from his chair, the manners his mother taught him still engrained in every fiber of his being, and made sure to wish her farewell. He hoped she would be safe and smart in whatever she was off to do and instantly his heart thrummed with worry. Aubrey had been so in and out of it all day, passing out twice that he knew off, acting foggy and not quite there, but in other moments she seemed completely lucid and like her normal self. He knew Finn’s disappearance was weighing heavily on her, as was Caspian’s death and the truth she had learned from Charlie. He couldn’t imagine the torrent of emotions she must be feeling now to have finally found Blair but with no new leads on Finn’s fate. Watching her go he wondered if he should have asked her to stay but instantly knew that would have backfired in every way imaginable. Besides, Blair clearly needed someone and he tended to have a pretty open schedule and a strong desire to help.

Speaking of the blonde it didn’t take but a moment after Aubrey disappeared from sight for her to suddenly turn green around the gills and ask him for water. “Yeah! Of course! Just hold tight!” He nodded as he jumped to his feet and looked around the market for the closest vendor. Every food vendor would be required to provide water if asked for it…right? He certainly hoped so as he booked it over towards a sushi burrito stall and blurted apologies to the strangers he knocked into along the way. When he got to the stall Thorn glanced back behind him and saw Blair’s blonde mane flowing behind her as she raced towards a set of restrooms on the other side of the seating area. Turning back to the vendor Thorn held up some money, he wasn’t even sure how much, and blurted, “Water! Please!” A few heartbeats later, the vendor seeming to realize this was an emergency, Thorn was sprinting back to the table they had been sitting at, passing it, and headed straight towards the bathrooms. Before he could even open the door the young freckled man could hear the sound of Blair’s stomach being purged into the toilet. He raised his hand to knock but realized she would likely not hear him or would likely be unable to answer. Praying she wouldn’t think the worst of him Thorn carefully pushed open the bathroom door and approached Blair, pulling her hair back out of her way as she continued to get sick. Several moments passed and he stood holding her hair, his hand gently rubbing her back to help soothe her as she retched into the toilet. Finally, after it seemed she had nothing left, Blair slid to the ground and Thorn did his best to keep her from falling too hard against the tile.

Stepping around her to a better angle the young man carefully slid his fingers between her arms and the floor, lifting her off of the tile and against his chest to keep her supported. In her exhausted state, Blair’s head instantly fell into him and he lifted his sleeve to wipe the sweat and tears off of her face. “Blair, I need you to drink this. It’s water, just like you asked for.” He spoke in a calm voice that was perfectly soothing so as not to disturb her in her already distressed state. Tipping the water carefully as he held it to her lips he was grateful to see her throat moving, a clear indication she was steadily drinking. A moment or two later her gaze seemed to clear a bit and she pulled away, insisting that he didn’t need to see this and that she was sorry. “Sorry for what?” He asked and quirked a brow. “For needing a bit of help? Last I checked that wasn’t a crime.” He replied in an attempt to lighten the mood and make her feel better. “I am happy to be here so please don’t apologize.” He insisted genuinely. He scooted closer as she said she didn’t know what was happening and let her latch onto him again to steady herself. “Blair, should I be getting you to a doctor? Or a hospital? You seem really sick and I don’t want anything bad to happen.” His gaze flashed with concern as he spoke but when she shook her head he blinked. “Okay then, how about my workshop? I have a spare bed there that you could get some rest in, plus a medicine cabinet we could raid?” He offered.

WanderLust. WanderLust.

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f7334772d6e63307a6f5a597544673d3d2d3735333536313132372e313561653133653738353339333030393231393536343039393136392e676966

Charlotte "Charlie" Stark || 20 || Medic || Dauntlessborn

It was genuine restraint for Charlie not to run up and hide within Bloom's arms. Charlie had never been one for physical contact, but knowing Bloom was someone she knew was safe, knowing Bloom cared for her, and having the closest friendship she'd ever had with her, the urge in her heart was strong, yet Charlie was hyper aware of their company. Plus, Bloom was up on the rock wall when they entered in, so Charlie would have had to wait anyway. Eyes moving down to the body that was watching Bloom, she saw Lainey and smiled warmly, having not seen much of her around the block other than for training purposes. "Hi Lainey, it's nice to see you, it looks like you've had a good shot at the wall already. Do you enjoy rock climbing?" Charlie asked, surprised at the natural strength in her words. She was aware that the panic was slowly sinking down into the depths of her soul, to be brought back up like some bile in ones throat, if she stayed surrounded by people, especially those like Mav, Bloom and Phillip who were strong and formidable, then the panic would stay down there. Lainey seemed tired, maybe it was purely physical, or maybe there was something else going on, but it didn't take long for her to take her leave, as Bloom came down and said hi to everyone. Charlie realized as Lainey spoke that it truly was all the instructors here, and she blinked in surprise at having not noticed that earlier. "I guess it is only instructors, you don't have to leave though Lainey, this is purely coincidental." Lainey must have laughed her words off, as she simply continued leaving with a smile and a wave. Charlie sighed softly, not wanting to have run off Lainey. "I'm sorry Bloom, I think the company I brought may have scared her off, I didn't mean to interrupt what you're doing." She said, the insecurity and familiar fear in her voice causing Bloom's paternal instincts to kick in. Immediate eyes were upon her, and although Charlie was trying to hold herself in such a way that her bandaged wrist wouldn't be super identifiable, Bloom was quick to notice it, and she raised an eyebrow, concern clearly in her face. Charlie bit her lip, too afraid to speak about what had happened, and clearly uncomfortable in the presence of Mav and Phillip, not uncomfortable in the way that she was scared of them, but she didn't want to talk to them about her wrist, because she didn't want to talk about Jeremy, and she didn't want them to pity her. Keep her safe? Yes she wanted them to do that, but not pity. Instead she watched as Blooms cogs turned in her head and she suggested Charlie follow her to the changing rooms so she could get back into normal clothes. Charlie nodded mutely, and followed Bloom as the boys eyed up the wall and spoke to each other in baritone voices. She was unsure if they were friends, having not really known whether the Parks and Maddoxes had ever been super close, both poster boy families having similarities that could breed contempt, but she hoped they would be good friends.

Entering the changing room there was a couple of other people changing, so Charlie and Bloom went to a spot that was slightly secluded from them. As soon as they were able, Bloom reached out for Charlie's wrist, wanting to see the bandaging. Out of natural reaction Charlie pulled her wrist away from Bloom, but quickly showed it to her, though the wince and cringe in Charlie's face was quick to show that she didn't want it to be touched. Deep deep concern was suddenly painted all over Bloom's face, as well as a mix of anger. As she undressed she asked what had happened. "It was..." Charlie looked around, face pale and fearful as she scanned the people in the changing room, for some reason terrified that one would know who she was talking about. "Jeremy.." She mumbled under her breath, almost inaudible. Bloom probably would have figured out who it was though even if Charlie had not said his name. Charlie perceived a bristling anger in her best friend as she got changed back into her normal clothes and did away with the ones she had been wearing. Asking what happened again, now wanting the details, Charlie bit her lip and shrugged. "I wasn't concentrating and walked into a meeting he was in. He saw me before I could run... Then he took me and..." Charlie gritted her teeth together as her mind showed her the image of her father towering over her, her wrist spiked in pain as she remembered his hand gripping it. Shivering with fear she took a moment to take a deep breath, and put her good hand on the wall to steady herself, the cool concrete calming and grounding her. "I got away before anything else happened." She finally said, not wanting to speak on the matter any further, Bloom nodded, standing and listening with perfect silence yet perfect acceptance and warmth. "Please don't tell Ghost, I don't want him to worry." She said, "I'll tell him later." She added, knowing that Bloom would likely encourage her to tell Ghost. It was her hope that if Jeremy targeted her today that meant Ghost would be safe from him, surely Jeremy couldn't get to them both in one day. She knew she should have texted him, but also... she didn't know how he would respond, and she didn't want to put him on the spot. She was technically fine now, and she honestly didn't want to give him more reason to think of her as weak, panicky and a damsel in distress. She could deal with a broken wrist, she could do this. Bloom reached out slowly, the way she always did to show she was wanting to comfort Charlie, without forcing her into physical contact. Charlie bristled at the idea of physical contact, but her heart squeezed with desire, so she stepped into Bloom's embrace for a moment, and sighed softly as she breathed in the familiar exotic scents that Bloom wore. It was only a few seconds, if that, before Charlie pulled back. Her eyes shone with gratitude, and as Bloom asked her if she was ready to leave she nodded.

It was while she was walking back towards Maverick and Phillip with Bloom, surprised that both boys were still on the ground, that her phone began to buzz, reaching into her purse she pulled her phone out, seeing it was from Thorn she quickly stepped aside from where she was walking with Bloom, motioning she had a phone call, and answering the phone she put it to her ear. "Hi Thorn, is everything okay?" She asked, trying to sound cheerful, but being surprised to get a call from him. She listened carefully, eyes widening as he spoke that he had bumped into Blair and that she wasn't well. He asked if they could meet at the infirmary and if Charlie would be able to help. "Of course, I will get there as soon as I can, I'm leaving the rock climbing place now, be safe." She said. Thorn answered that they would, and she heard a weak sounding voice of Blair say thanks as the phone hung up. Charlie started back towards the group and began to collect her stuff. "I'm sorry, I need to go to the infirmary, Thorn and Blair need some help and are meeting me there." She said, not fearing gossip or any of that sort since it was only instructors around. The three others immediately looked concerned and before she could wave away their offers of coming with her she suddenly remembered the walk back to the infirmary was again something she didn't want to do alone. So when Maverick was offering that he would come with, she nodded her head. "Thank you Maverick, I don't want to freak them out with all of us going but it would be good to have the company and an extra pair of eyes and hands." She said, again aware that her wrist was in no shape to be doing anything drastic, and she had no idea what help Blair and Thorn needed. "I'll see you two some other time, have fun." She said, Bloom flashed her a look, a look she knew that was asking her if she was okay, Charlie nodded and smiled. She would be safe with Maverick. Leaving the area quickly with the tall maddox boy, she felt a pain in her heart as she glanced at him and in that glimpse saw Caspian's face. They looked similar, but not as similar to Charlie as others thought they did. Caspian smiled more than Maverick did, and he had this particular way of looking at her that nobody else did. Maverick was like... a copy of Caspian but different, and that was cruel of Charlie to think, as she knew he was his own man and his own person, but she'd done so much with Caspian that it was eerie to have Maverick around and not Caspian. They didn't speak too much as they walked, but eventually the silence was too much, and Charlie opened the conversation. "How are you? Since Caspian's death? I noticed you disappeared and I was concerned for you." She spoke.

Interacting with: Lainey, Blair, Maverick WanderLust. WanderLust. Bloom, Thorn Sanctuaryforall1 Sanctuaryforall1 Phillip

Last edited:
Briony Avalon
Initiate
Bar
Drunk
outfit here
interactions

Maverick WanderLust. WanderLust. Phillip, Aubrey, Chris Nerdy. Nerdy.

Briony had been amused by Mavericks' reaction; she had seen it coming since she knew the male didn’t like Chris.”Don’t worry I can handle myself. Plus Aubrey will be there as well. We are just wanting to have a moment to relax.”she said since they were all stressing about the missing people. She just needed to get her mind off of Blair for one night plus it had been so long since she had hung out with Aubrey and Chris. Though her mind did flash back to the medical band Maverick had on earlier.”You should be happy since this is getting you off the hook of my interrogation at least for now.”she said quietly to him. She was making it clear he wasn’t completely off the hook yet and she would be seeing him soon about why he was in the hospital. Him having disappeared reminded her of previous years when he was in the underground with an alias. She hadn’t known at first but had found him one day after that she kept his secret and kept him supplied with things he needed. She of course could afford anything with her family and no one challenged her for her actions. Though of course had they known what she was doing they might have well some people only the ones who were bold enough to do so. With that she waved goodbye to him and Phillip.”You boys behave, I'll see you both later.”she said, giving them a wink before fully heading off for the bar.

It didn’t take long for her to reach the bar and quickly took a seat ordering some drinks for herself. Now that she was alone with her thoughts everything came crashing down around her. Her twin was still missing, well she wasn’t but she didn’t know that yet she would eventually know though. However for now she had so much crushing in around her the dark thoughts seeping in more than ever right now so she began taking shot after shot until a familiar voice sounded in her ears. She had been laughing at some joke some dude had said the buzz of the drinks already taking effect letting her let loose a bit. Though she quickly got up seeing it really was Chris she hugged him happily before taking a seat again her drink sloshing dangerously yet didn’t spill. His next words had her thinking for a second.”Yesh she’s on her way she’s a bit further out then we were so it’ll take her a little longer.”she answered. When the bartender made their way over asking Chris what he might want she raised an eyebrow looking a little surprised by Chris saying no. So instead she quickly ordered him something hoping he would like it as he had never gotten to drink before. The excitement etched on his face as he waited sent a warmth through her though nothing compared to a few moments later at what happened. He asked if she had been there long so she decided to tease him a little.”Oh well long enough to drink a few drinks. Then some guys came over I had to wave them away from me.”she said and instantly saw the change in him. His gaze searching the bar fist clenched ready to fight whoever had been bothering her. His words confirmed it as he asked who and where they were. She couldn’t help but laugh, her hand reaching out fingers touching his bare skin on his arm. She felt his muscles jump under her touch and he relaxed instantly. When his drink finally arrived she grinned at his reaction.”Oh just drink it.”she encouraged watching as he did so. When he approved of the drink she smiled.”Told you. Now drink this.”she said as the bartender slid a different drink over now. It was gonna be much different then what he just had. She grabbed her own glass and shot it back with a smirk knowing Chris would follow suit. However he began coughing and sputtering as the liquid went down his throat. However soon she was laughing and smiling happily before seeing him grinning back at her the alcohol clearly coursing through them both right now.

“Oh shush and just drink up, let's just enjoy the night yeah.”Briony said as they got beers this time. Briony moved closer as they began talking. However as some point they were soon on the dance floor starting off simple but soon their bodies were pressed together moving together in pretty provocative ways. Their hands and bodies brushing one another constantly now both heated up and sweating with Chris shirt clinging to his muscles. However her gaze suddenly spotted Aubrey and she hurried over to her.”Ohh yes sorryyyy.”she apologized with a laugh at Aubrey saying she had gotten drunk without her. When Chris made his way over the two nodded at her saying she was gonna go get some drinks and they needed to behave. The two went back to their dancing, the two even more sensual now with one another before a whistle sounded. They looked towards it, seeing Aubrey with more drinks. Soon all three of them were dancing with each other, their bodies blurring as one throughout some of it. Chris pushed away any males who tried to bother them as the three drunk friends continued enjoying themselves for the first time in a long time. Eventually they all found themselves plastered onto a couch in one of the dark corners with Chris’s shirt long gone herself and Aubrey were happily touching all over him. From the way he was reacting was enjoying the touches. As Aubrey snuggled into one side she was on the other her lips so close to Chris a giggle leaving her. Though soon the long blonde leaned in her lips meeting Chris in an actual kiss instead of just teasing. The two seemed momentarily unsure before their drunk states took over and they were actually kissing fully now.

coded by natasha.

a309bc657f2d83cf8b4db915320ba1848a0be22b.gif

Phillip Parks || 19 || Soldier/Trainer || Dauntlessborn

As Charlie and Bloom quickly retreated to the changing rooms, and Lainey took her own exit as well, Phillip sat down on one of the uncomfortable seats and lounged back, watching as the professional rock climbers did what they did best. He admitted that it was quite pleasant to watch such fit people from such an angle, maybe that was a thing that should not be thought or said but he wouldn't deny that it was pleasant to watch. "You gonna sit?" He asked up at Maverick, who stood dauntingly watching the direction the girls had all gone. He replied with a no, so Phillip shrugged and lay back casually on the bench, taking up the whole of it so there was no space left even if Mav changed his mind. His mind was mostly on the two girls who had just left, as he wondered what had made Charlie so frightened and in need of company, especially male company. Charlie from all accounts was a beautiful and sweet girl, she was someone that one might want to have around when they need to share something that had happened to them that was unfortunate or sad, she was one that you wanted around in a very motherly sense, but she was so very unDauntlesslike that Phillip knew many took advantage of that. Now with Bloom you may advance on her, but you knew damn well that if she didn't like you, if you came on too strong or you were inappropriate you would receive a fist to the face and a knee to the groin. Phillip sat for a second to figure out whether or not he would like that. Yet he shook his thoughts and went back to what he was thinking, Charlie was someone who could be taken advantage of because it was painfully obvious that she could do nothing. Plus, she was not tied to any male that one was scared of, in fact as far as Phillip knew Charlie was only tied to females, her mother, her sister, Bloom. You could do anything you liked with Charlie with little consequences except a disgusting and dirty conscience. But Charlie had seemed more out of place than just the normal fear of walking through Dauntless, it had felt experiential, like something had happened, the way she had stood so close to him and Mav in ways that he hadn't seen before, the way she had breathed through shivering breaths. He wished he'd asked what had happened, but he knew that Bloom would get it out of her, and that Charlie would actually talk to her, the two were as close as thieves and Phillip would never want to destroy that friendship. They were so sweet it was sickening but also hella addicting. Honey gave a slight groan of boredom and Phillip silently agreed with her, as he let one hand drop to scratch her ears as he stared at the ceiling, no longer watching the rock climbers and honestly having forgotten Maverick was still there until he looked up at the tall and muscular frame. "So... You like rock climbing?" He asked.

It wasn't long before the two girls returned, and Honey perked up as soon as they did, running over to get her deserved cuddles from Bloom and Charlie, although Charlie had stepped away to take a phone call. Phillip sat up and stretched, standing up from the bench and standing with arms crossed comfortably as the girls continued coming over with Honey running through their legs and nearly tripping Charlie over as she tried to concentrate on her phone call. Phillip whistled for Honey, who obediently came lolling over and sat at his feet, head pointed upwards to receive a pleasant scratch on her muzzle. He raised his eyebrow to Bloom, silently asking if Charlie was okay, and Bloom replied with a look that he struggled to read, on the one hand it seemed like she held the same concern, but on the other it seemed like she was confident in something. Maybe he was reading it wrong, he would have to ask her later. Charlie finally finished her call, and with a look of surprise, joy and fear she told them what had happened on the call. Blair's name rung a bell in Phillips head as he looked at Charlie. "Blair?" He asked, receiving a nod from Charlie. Phillip was about to offer that he go with her, but Maverick beat him to it, his voice strong and firm, almost giving Charlie no choice in the matter. What surprised him more was Charlie's absolute desire for Mav to go with her, again proving to Phillip that something had happened that had so freaked out Charlie that she needed any strong man to go with her. "Well, keep us up to date, I know Christian would want to know if something's happened with Blair, and if not he then Briony, and myself." Phillip said, receiving a nod from Charlie as she headed off with Maverick. Bloom and Phillip watched them go off with concern clear, but soon enough they were gone and the two were alone, or rather by themselves, as the rock climbing area was still filled with people. "Well, I'll ask my question again then, since they're gone now, do you have any plans?" He asked, looking into the dark and beautiful eyes of the instructor beside him. Bloom raised an eyebrow, a questioning look, but admitted that she had no plans. "Well then, now you do, let's go and find something to do because I'm hella bored. Why did nobody tell me that all your off hours when you're a trainer is so boring?" He asked, getting a laugh out of Bloom as he made such an announcement. "Now we can't go to the bar because Briony doesn't want me crashing her party, can't go swimming because I already went swimming, I'm not climbing that mountain of a piece you just did, and I don't feel like running, so where does that leave us?" He said, counting down the things on his hand.

At Bloom's suggestion, they just began to walk with no real sense of direction, to see where life would take them. It was getting onto evening now, some light left from the setting sun, and a pleasant chill in the air. Both Phillip and Honey had already had quite a stenuous run earlier with Briony, so neither was very fast, and Bloom had also been rockclimbing so there was no speed or exerting of energy. Polite and fun conversation bounced between them, walking almost side by side except for leaving space for Honey as she insisted in walking in between them. They both often reached down to pet her golden head, occasionally fingers brushing each other, sometimes accidentally with a twitch of surprise, other times intentionally with some tickling and tugging. "Blair isn't lost then, I'm relieved." Phillip finally said, getting onto the subject of the girl who Charlie had gone to check up on. "With all the people missing and all the others turning up dead I admit I had started imagining the worst, I'm glad I was wrong." He said, seeing Bloom nodding along to his statement and adding a similar sentiment herself. "It's bizarre, doesn't it feel like this is so unusual to how it usually is? I know neither of us have been trainers before, but we've gone through initiation not too long ago, and we've been around for the last couple years afterwards, and nothing like this has ever happened. So many, especially so many initiates." He said, his mind swimming with possibilities. "It makes me wonder if there's not an insurrection coming, like if another faction is planning something, or I guess the factionless themselves if they could all band together." He said. "Imagine if it was another faction though, that would be crazy. I bet it would be something like Amity." He accused, poking Bloom's arm. When she asked him why, poking him right back, he shrugged. "Well someone like you was hiding in Amity, so I have to imagine it's full of crazy people I don't wanna mess with." He said, watching as she scrunched up her face, trying to figure out whether to get annoyed, "Sorry did I say crazy? I mean bonkers. I'm kidding I'm kidding! I mean beautiful and brave." He said, dodging a fake hit that was aimed his way, and laughing softly. He was glad they could still play and have fun even with all the stupidness of what was going on around them. "Do you wanna get dinner?" He asked.

Interacting with: Bloom Sanctuaryforall1 Sanctuaryforall1 Maverick WanderLust. WanderLust. Charlie

AlexPettyfer-alex-pettyfer-35628979-500-230.gif

Christian Parks || 16 || Initiate || Dauntlessborn

Christian could not have imagined drinking to feel like this, he had witnessed many people drinking before, and had witnessed people acting just like Briony and Aubrey were acting like now, but he himself had never felt so... high... Not on drugs, for he was very used to that, but on alcohol. His mind was fuzzy and throbbing but also felt good, his body felt so much heavier than usual and all the lights and sounds around them were being blurred into one. The only people he could see clearly, and even then it wasn't very clear, was Aubrey and Briony, two blonde beauty's in a sea of blurred faces and bodies. All he cared about right now was them, suddenly they were his world, every now and then someone would try to join the trio, and he would shove them away, an angry word telling them to "F off". Briony and Aubrey were giggling, swaying, tripping over and holding onto him like he was the mast in a stormy sea. The three of them danced as if they'd always been dancing together like this, bodies rolling with each other, in time to the music or not they swung and moved in sync. However at some point they were all three of them covered with sweat, Aubrey ran off to get more drinks and when she returned they flopped on a couch, both girls complained about his shirt and one of them removed it, though Christian was having a hard time differentiating the two girls now, their facial features swimming dangerously in his mind, Briony, Aubrey and Blair seemed in this moment all to be one person, while also two, or three... Christian was handed a drink, and having learnt by now to drink it quickly he did so, feeling a warm, almost burning sensation roll down his throat. The girls all did the same and cuddled up to him, hands washing up and down his chest, their fingers tickling and stimulating him. It felt almost like a fever dream, almost like when he'd taken too much lull, but what he didn't realize, what he couldn't tell, was how the alcohol muddled his senses. Having never taken it before, he was not aware of how very drunk he was, he couldn't tell that his mind had been changed or that the decisions he was making were not clear and thought through. Everything felt reasonable right now, the fact that two of his best friends were touching and flirting with him, and that he was doing the same back, that was so reasonable and felt like such a good decision. So when Briony leaned over and connected her lips to his, he hesitated for merely a second, before returning it with vigor and desire. Passion flowed through him, with one hand he pulled Briony close, his hand firmly holding her to him while his other hand continued to stroke Aubrey's arm up and down.

Christian would never be able to say for certain who he kissed that night, not from memory alone, because at first it was Briony, but then at one point he thought it was Blair, and then he thought it was Aubrey... So he wasn't certain, all he knew was that he was having a good time, all of his cares and worries were gone, everything that hurt and distracted him were gone, he was no longer thinking of his imminent death sentence, he wasn't even thinking of Blair anymore, except for when he mistook Briony for her, and all he thought about was how good it felt to kiss, touch and hold the girls that he loved. Kissing Briony was almost as intoxicating as the alcohol they were taking, it was new, it was a mystery that had never been touched till now, and it felt forbidden. Kissing Aubrey was nostalgic, like playing a video game you hadn't played since you were a child, and it filled him with pleasant memories and feelings. She had become a very good kisser since then. At some point both girls had removed whatever shirts they had been wearing, and were in their sports bras, which were fairly decent and not being too revealing, they usually wore them anyway, but with the heat and the sensuality that was surrounding them already it felt even more intimate than usual, probably because of all the skin to skin and kissing that was going on. Christian didn't even notice when Aubrey suddenly stopped advancing on him, her body limply curled up on his, while his attention was on Briony. Soon enough he heard her voice whispering in his ear, telling him they should go somewhere else for some privacy. Christian nodded, and the two of them got up, hardly even noticing Aubrey's body as she slumped on the couch that they left behind, along with their shirts and left over drinks. Giggling and playing, Briony led Christian before eventually leaping on his back, chest pressed tightly to his back and arms wrapped around his torso as she directed him to where they should go. Many times they swayed and almost fell over, bumping into walls and occasionally stopping to giggle, with Christian struggling to breathe through the cramps that the giggles induced. Eventually though Briony's choice of private place, her own house. Before they managed to enter the door Briony pointed to her room window on the second floor, and dared Christian to get them both up there. Filled with a masculine need to prove himself, he agreed, and began the attempt.

The first time he nearly dragged himself up onto the first terrace, but slipped with his sweaty fingers and the two went tumbling into the soft grass and bushes, instead of complaining or being hurt though they literally lay there giggling and laughing, stopping for moments to make out, and then Briony leapt on his back again, like he was her champion horse, and demanded he try again. Christian managed to get up on the next try, and with rippling muscles he dragged himself and Briony up onto the terrace, and eventually crawled carefully over to the window. Briony nimbly unlatched the window and opened it, and Christian easily slipped in with her, as it was a fairly large window. Once inside he looked around with somewhat familiarity, but also a lot of curiosity. He'd been in Blair's room before, and he had been in Briony's too, but not nearly as often. Briony's mouth was tickling his neck and he chuckled, eyeing up her bed he used his arms to pull her off his back and slam her onto the bed, knowing that it was a soft bed that would not harm her. The squeals she made were just as intoxicating as she was, and Christian crawled onto the bed after her, like a tiger prowling after some prey. Soon a stupid and delightful game of tag was started, with Christian chasing Briony through her own room, leaping over furniture, knocking things over, scattering clothes all over the floor as they knocked laundry baskets, making much more noise than they probably should have, but likely neither had the clarity of mind to even think of the fact that others could be home. The door was closed and so it felt like this was the only room that existed in the house, and nothing else. Eventually Christian tackled Briony into the soft fur carpet on the floor, and pinning her down he held his body above her, relishing in his victory. Eyes connected for what felt like a long time, and then lips followed suit. Melting into the floor the two pressed against each other, bodies warm and needy, passion high with desire, nothing was there to stop them anymore, no thoughts were there to let them know it was a bad idea, nothing reminded Christian of his desire to be better for Blair, and nothing reminded Briony of her love for her sister in this moment, in this moment they were the only people on earth.

Interacting with: Briony Wolfiee Wolfiee Aubrey

paige-hyland-instagram-photos-12-01-2021-3.jpg

Aubrey Stark || 16 || Initiate || Dauntlessborn

Aubrey's mind was so far gone at this point that when Christian turned to her and began to make out with her it felt as natural as taking another drink of alcohol. She had scooched herself up higher on one of his legs, straddling it, and wrapped her arms around his neck. It was only brief, as he turned back to Briony, but for Aubrey it had felt like the most fulfilling thing in the world. She hadn't felt such affection by a safe and loved person for so long, even in this drunk state, with Christian dividing his attention between the two girls, she felt his love deeply influencing her. For the next amount of time that they were sat there she nuzzled into his arms and began to doze, her mind coming in and out, usually coming back in when Christian would run his hands over a tender or sensitive spot, and phasing out when he didn't. Her mind was like a movie theatre that couldn't decide what to play, flashes and visions of multiple people and places were being shown to Aubrey at lightning speeds. Firstly it was her father, Henry, his persona though much colder than she remembered, she looked at him with icy blue eyes and watched as he praised Charlie, showered her with affection and then turned to Aubrey with a pained look. This was not the memory she had of him, he had always given her so much love and affection, but in this moment, with the way she thought about herself and the alcohol muddling her thoughts, she remembered it differently. Henry, her father, her dad... was disappointed in her. Pain gripped her heart, almost so physical she felt like she'd been stabbed, and she grabbed at it, sinking down and slumping into Christian's body. I'm sorry daddy, I wanted to make you proud, to make everyone proud. I can do better I promise, I can protect her, I can protect everyone. She said in her mind, but the look on Henry's face showed whether or not she believed her words, and he didn't look convinced at all. Then suddenly he was gone, and Aubrey saw Finn and herself, in a third person like view, she saw them entangled together on that self-same night, she saw the heat of their bodies and felt the way he touched her as if it were happening again, she heard his breath and listened to his soothing voice, she watched as they fell asleep, and everything went dark, and when she awoke she felt that same piercing in her heart, Finn gone. She could almost hear his voice, telling her that it was her fault, that somehow she'd screwed him over too, and that he was in danger because of her. I'm coming to find you! I am not giving up. She said again, only for it to phase and become another character, this time Caspian. Aubrey fell to her knees in this dream like state, not wanting to be met with her mentor figure so soon after his death. Are you disappointed in me too? She asked, and watched as he nodded, dark blue eyes examining her and coming up with nothing to be proud of. Tears welled up in her eyes as he leaped forward, his strong, masculine hands that she'd always loved and respected suddenly clamped around her throat, closing it shut. She began to convulse, struggling to breathe, and tried weakly to rip against his hands. Suddenly though it was no longer her beloved mentor, but her ex-bestfriend, Shay.

Shay was doing the same as Caspian, her smaller but steady hands held Aubrey's throat shut as she convulsed with the inability to breathe. Shay's eyes were dark, filled with not hatred, but sadness. Aubrey tried to scream, or yell, or fight back, but it was useless. All around her she began to see bright lights, dots of colour, familiar faces such as her family and friends. No longer could she hear the sounds of the club or the drum beat of the song, but a sharp shrill note as her vision began to go white. It was actually a sharp hit to the back and the feeling of her body being rolled over that caused her to open her eyes, which she hadn't realized were shut, and suddenly a torrent of vomit was suddenly exiting her mouth and pouring all over the floor, thankfully missing herself. An array of cursewords could be heard as her saviour backed off, clearly not wanting to be vomited on, and she began to laugh. As her vision began to clear up, everything getting slightly darker and her ears beginning to work again, she looked up into the eyes of an unfamiliar club worker. Aubrey saw their mouth moving but it took a few moments before she understood what the person had said. Are you okay? Do I need to call someone? Aubrey shook her head, getting shakily to her feet and avoiding the puddle of vomit she had done. "I'm fiiiiiiiiine, just neeeded a rrrrest." She slurred, struggling through that sentence as it made little sense in her mind but came out somewhat legible. The person looked at her, clearly not believing her, but also clearly not caring very much. Aubrey waved her away with a scoff and stumbled back towards the bar. Once there she tried to order another drink, but fell off the barstool, giggling like a maniac, and when she managed to catch the bartender he denied, saying that he wasn't going to get her more intoxicated and have to deal with an overdose. "What a sourpuss." She rolled her eyes, turning around to scan the area, Christian and Briony had disappeared, so she needed a new target. After looking for a tiny amount of time, Aubrey noticed a decent looking man who was drinking a pint of beer, he wasn't in direct eyesight of the bartender, so she knew she had some chances here. Running her fingers through her long blonde hair and double checking to see if she'd gotten any vomit on herself, she walked over, popping a mint from the bar in her mouth as she went. "Hi stranger, don't suppose you'd buy me a drink? I'd be ever so grateful." She said forwardly, her eyes clearly indicating just how grateful she would be.

It took no time at all for her to have another drink in her hands, and she sat with this random guy, giggling, touching and flirting as she downed the drink. It was like fire at this point, but also felt like nothing. It felt necessary, but also like she couldn't tell she'd even had it. The man had figured out she was very intoxicated, but her either had figured out late, or didn't care, or was glad. When Aubrey had finished her drink and the man had figured it had gone to her head, he suggested she come back to his place with him, and Aubrey accepted without even a single thought. This man had been so great to her, buying her a drink and spending time with her. After her friends had deserted her she had needed someone to love her. He offered her his arm and she took it willingly, clinging to him like he was the greatest person she'd ever known. She couldn't even describe how he looked, but he was attractive and good to her mind. She walked with him, her mind almost completely blank, and sometimes she completely phased out of the fact that they were walking. Colours danced before her and people looked like demons around her, with wings and horns and an aura around them. She giggled girlishly, especially when the man would caress her shoulder or pinch her. It should have been no surprise when he pulled her into an alleyway, pinned her against the wall and began to kiss her. It shouldn't have been a surprise for the reason that it was perfectly obvious he was going to use her, but for Aubrey it wasn't a surprise because she was hoping for it. She was so far drunk at this point that she was at her core emotion, need, need for affection. This man certainly wasn't a love one, but barring that she simply required affection, desire and acceptance. Thus, as this man pinned her roughly to the wall, smashing her face with his, his beard tickling her, and lifting her legs up so that she was straddling him whilst being elevated off the ground, she simply grinned and kissed him back. This may have well gone to an extreme, as his hands began to furiously rip at her bra and pants, when suddenly an eruption occured. Without warning Aubrey vomited everywhere, all over the man, all over herself, all over the ground. Swearing and cursing the man immediately backed up, covered now in a drunk girls vomit, and said drunk girl dropped to the floor with a thud, vomit still dripping from her mouth. "You f*ing b*tch" He swore, pulling his leg back and kicking Aubrey in the stomach, but at this point she was out, only the tiniest amount of consciousness in her body, she hardly felt the kicks that were aimed for her stomach and face, as she lay there face down in her own puke, slowly losing more and more consciousness.

Interacting with: Briony Wolfiee Wolfiee Christian

Last edited:

Bloom

Mood: Mixed

Interactions: Phillip, Mentions Charlie & Mav

As she walked side by side with Phillip, Bloom’s mind was a whirlwind of thoughts and concerns. Her worry for Charlie, relief for Blair, and rage towards Jeremy were all ramming against one another internally and leaving her feeling as though she were enduring an emotional hurricane. When Charlie had told her what had happened between her and Jeremy Bloom had instantly fought every fiber of her being that wanted to find a way to cripple the man. She knew it wasn’t something she could get away with and anything she did against him would only be brought back down on Charlie which was the last thing she would want. It wasn’t fair that something so horrible could happen to someone as kind as her best friend. The world could be so cruel towards those with good hearts, that was a lesson Bloom had learned years ago back in Amity. She wasn’t a particularly violent person but like a wolf, she would look after her pack and right now all she wanted was to break every bone in the Dauntless leader's body. She was glad she knew Charlie so well though because Bloom was more than aware of how much the brunette bottled up within herself. She wanted to be that person her friend could open up to and lean on for support and she was glad the young medic had accepted that help today. The brunette just wished she knew how to help Charlie in a more effective way, how to keep the pain from coming. It wasn’t enough to pick up the pieces and patch her friend together after the blows had fallen, she wanted to find a way to keep the pain away or at least from getting worse.

Bloom was glad Mav had offered to go with Charlie to take care of Blair though she had honestly been surprised to see the young man. Since the death of his brother, Mav had been MIA but perhaps it had just been the time he needed to process his emotions. Either way, he was back now and thankfully he was keeping an eye on the young woman they all clearly cared about. Bloom trusted that Charlie would be safe with Mav, just as she trusted Thorn and Blair would be safe with Charlie. Blair was another individual who had disappeared out of nowhere and Bloom was relieved to hear she was back but also concerned that Charlie was having to rush to give medical attention. She knew Thorn would take Blair to the hospital if the situation were dire enough for it but still, the fact that Blair needed healing at all was not a good sign.

Her thoughts were chased to the back of her mind as she and Phillip partook in small talk while they walked. Every once in a while Bloom would reach forward and run her fingers through Honey’s fur as the wonderful pooch moved in step with them. “So am I.” She admitted as Phillip mentioned being relieved to hear Blair was no longer missing. “But I do worry about where she’s been.” She added to which Phillip seemed to nod in agreement. When he began to speak about how bizarre this entire initiation had been thus far Bloom couldn’t help but give him a questioning glance. Had he picked up on it too? She had certainly noticed that this initiation class was experiencing far more tragedy than any other Bloom had heard of. It must be bad if this early in Phillip was having the same thoughts as her. She stiffened a bit when he began to joke about an insurrection in the future and the idea of Amity playing some part in it. As friendly and open as Bloom was she still kept much of her time in Amity private so Phillip had no idea how possible his joke was. Amity was a dangerous monster that looked friendly, peaceful, and inviting but would put you in the ground and use you as fertilizer for their crops without a second thought. That was only if you ranked low enough on their totem pole though from what Bloom had experienced. She did her best to loosen up and enjoy Phillip’s flirtatious teasing but the memories of her life in the peace-loving faction weighed heavily on her heart. “Dinner?” She asked and looked at her phone to see the time. “Oh shit, yeah! I would love to! I didn’t realize I had been climbing for so long.” She admitted with a shake of her head at her own foolishness. “I think if any faction were to blindside us with an insurrection it definitely wouldn’t be Candor. They wouldn’t be able to keep the plans to themselves.” She joked, trying to cure the chill along her spine with a bit of fun. “Bonkers is right by the way.” She added as they walked down the street browsing the restaurants. “I mean I would have to be if I wanted to be seen out and about with the likes of you.” She jested and gave Phillip a teasing jab with her shoulder to his. “If people see me with such a handsome charmer they might start to get ideas.” She chuckled and felt her worries melting away for the moment as she flashed him her signature smile.

Nerdy. Nerdy.

code by Stardust Galaxy

Randi

Mood: Motivated

Interactions: Rhys, Ajax, mentions Blair

At the mention of a possible clue, Randi was across the room like a flash of platinum lightning. Now standing at Rafe’s side she looked over the papers he gestured to and studied them closely, noticing that as Rhys had mentioned the address on it was not written in Blair’s handwriting. Still, it was near her stuff and was currently the only lead they had so she whipped her phone out and took a picture. She knew it wasn’t exactly in the best part of town but that didn’t exactly frighten her. Randi had grown up in the rough part of town, she wasn’t a cushy Dauntless elite like many of her friends. Traveling those streets would be like a stroll home for her, except luckily this address was on the opposite side of the slums from Freight’s shop, aka the last place she wanted to be right now. Carefully Randi thumbed through a few more pages of the packet and took several pictures in case anything became relevant later on once they reached the place. Glancing towards Rhys who had just put his phone down Randi gave the young man a nod and an approving smile. “Thank the gods you decided to tag along. I might have missed this.” She nudged him with her shoulder as gratitude shone in her jade gaze. “I wanna check a few more spots then we can book it out of here.” She added and turned to look through another cabinet.

Several moments passed and soon the duo had searched everywhere they could in the time they had. With what little leads they had stored on their phones Randi bounded down the stairs, her steps easily comparable to a saunter as she reached the bottom and looked back at Rhys who was right on her tail. As they headed out the front door Randi spotted Ajax sitting in the kitchen nursing his broken nose and shot him a final glare. How someone so shitty could have such amazing siblings like Blair and Briony Randi would never understand but then again her family wasn’t exactly the poster child for perfection. Her parents were both dead and her uncle had killed them among other people, perhaps she shouldn’t judge but with Ajax and his attitude, it was so hard not to. Waiting up for Rhys once they were outside Randi listened as he listed their options which she considered for a moment as she fished a new lollipop from her pocket and offered one to Rhys.

“I think we should check this address out.” She decided after a moment of sucking on the sour green apple candy and considering their options. “So long as you are comfortable with that?” She added and waited for Rhys to respond that he didn’t mind giving it a try. “Okay good, I figured as much being though you suggested it but I wanted to make sure.” She admitted and turned on her heels, prancing down the steps of the Avalon Family Mansion and turning to begin what would be a long walk towards the shadier side of town. “We are headed into Spartan territory.” She warned though she figured Rhys was probably already aware. Almost everyone in Dauntless knew where the Spartans liked to cruise around. Their territory was pretty wide as a whole but this specific part of town was where they set up a good amount of their operations. “Blair never really struck me as someone who would do business with the Spartans so I am betting whoever she met here isn’t a permanent resident.” The blonde pointed out as the duo walked down the street. “So let’s see if they are still lurking around.”

Wolfiee Wolfiee

code by Stardust Galaxy

colton-haynes-blue-eyes.gif

Maverick Maddox// Instructor// 18 Years Old// Dauntless Born
Interacting with: Charlie Nerdy. Nerdy. Thorn Sanctuaryforall1 Sanctuaryforall1 and Blair

At the mention of Caspian, Maverick tensed. He had been hoping to evade this conversation for as long as possible, but if there was anyone he could talk to about it, it was Charlie. She had known Caspian almost as well, if not better, than Maverick had. Maverick had idolized his older brother, but Charlie had perhaps seen parts of Caspian that Maverick never had… and never would. “I’m fine.” He shrugged with a finality that insisted he had little interest in discussing it any further. Charlotte Stark had always been perhaps a little too caring for her own good. He found himself wondering if she had spent so much time worrying about how others were processing Caspian’s death that she had forgotten to give herself time to grieve. “I know you two were … close.” Maverick trailed off, he didn’t know the exact extent of their relationship, but he did know that the two had meant a great deal to each other. “You probably knew him better than I did.” he finished.

Caspian and Maverick had been close as children, but as the brothers had grown up… they had also grown apart. After the fire, Maverick had shut out just about everybody, especially Caspian. He couldn’t bear the reality that he had ruined the great Maddox legacy, especially not when he was compared to the golden boy of their family. The majority of their walk to the infirmary was quiet, but not an uncomfortable silence. He was glad to hear that Blair had been found, but the circumstances worried him. If nothing else, Maverick was sure that Thorn would be keeping the blonde safe until the two instructors arrived. Thorn was a good kid… one of the few that Maverick actually trusted, unlike so many of the other initiates this year.

As the pair arrived at the infirmary, Charlie began sifting through her supplies. He wasn’t sure what she was looking for, or if she even knew what she was looking for, but he tried to be helpful, pulling out ice packs and bandages so that they would be prepared for any possible injury Blair might have. “You think she’s okay?” he asked softly. Blair often showed up to training with unexplained bruises littering her skin and so often looked worn out and sleep deprived, but she had never willingly sought help from Charlie before. He had suspected for a while that a majority of the girl's bruises were coming from her boyfriend, or ex boyfriend now he surmised. He paused, holding his breath before finally voicing his suspicions, “Do you think Christian had anything to do with it?”

The medic didn’t have time to answer Maverick’s question before Thorn stormed into the infirmary cradling a barely conscious Blair in his arms. Maverick moved quickly, reaching to take the blonde’s small body from Thorn so that he could lay her on one of the tables. Upon his immediate inspection, she didn’t look injured so much as she looked sick. Faded bruises littered her skin, suggesting Blair had sustained them at least a few days ago. His eyes flicked to Charlie as if this confirmed his suspicion about Christian, but didn’t press the matter any further. “What happened?” he asked firmly, pacing across the room to fill a glass with water, handing it to Thorn to see if maybe he could get Blair to drink something. She seemed half asleep but eventually drank some of the water as Thorn held it to her lips. Thorn explained that him and Aubrey had found Blair at the train station, and that Blair had run off and gotten sick in the bathroom, collapsing moments later. “Doesn’t sound like a stomach bug…” he raised an eyebrow, glancing towards Charlie to see if she had any ideas.​

source.gif

Blair Avalon // 17 // Dauntless Born // Initiate // Divergent
Interacting With: Thorn Sanctuaryforall1 Sanctuaryforall1 and Charlie Nerdy. Nerdy.

Blair did not remember how she had gotten off the bathroom floor, but the next time she opened her eyes she was in the infirmary. She was so tired, perhaps she could just drift off to sleep here, amongst the smell of rubbing alcohol and fresh bandages. It took almost all of her energy just to keep her head up, but soon the feeling of cool glass pressed against her lips. Barely opening her eyes, she began sipping at the water that Thorn was holding to her mouth. She was vaguely aware of the sound of hushed voices, hurried footsteps, hands pressed against her clammy forehead. “I’m okay…” it came out almost as a whisper. For so long she had refused to ask for help, convincing herself it was better for her to figure it out herself than burden someone else with her problems. But now she had collapsed under the weight of it all, and she was at the mercy of the few souls in the infirmary with her. “I’m okay.” Her voice sounded slightly stronger the second time, as if saying the words louder would force them into reality. “Please… I’m okay.”

She wanted so badly to be okay, to be normal, to not feel like her existence was an inconvenience to the ones she cared about. It didn’t seem like anyone was buying it though, least of all Charlie, who was insisting on some sort of blood test. Blair’s memories drifted back to Dr. Munro’s office, his voice echoing in her ears, Blair, there was an abnormality in your test. For so long, Blair had been dismissing everything as a symptom of her divergency, an unfortunate side effect of the condition that had been ruining her life. Her heart beat a bit faster as her thoughts began to spiral into a flurry of what ifs. What if she was sick? What kind of sickness could be making her feel like this? For a moment, Blair was back on the hospital floor, staring at Christian unconscious in his bed, and she felt a searing pain in the back of her throat like she had swallowed hot coals. That night had been burned into her memory, the night she had almost lost him. She had begged whatever god she believed in, not him. I’ll do anything, please, just don’t take Christian.

Whatever god had been listening that night had dismissed every whispered prayer, refused any deals she could’ve made, and left her with a gaping hole in her chest where he was supposed to be. In her grief, Blair had taken a dose of lull, the drug that had put Christian in the hospital in the first place. Resigned that if she couldn’t save him she would drown with him. But all she had succeeded in doing was unlocking yet another abnormality. The world had quite literally shattered around her, glass fractured and the rules of gravity were bent to her will. Was it possible that that dose of lull had given her the same fate as Christian? A life plagued with pain and confusion until her impending expiration date? The thought was oddly comforting. She had never much liked the idea of living without Chris, at least now she wouldn’t have to exist much longer after he was gone. The fantasy was warm and inviting. His strong arms wrapped around her and she felt his soft blonde curls brush against her cheek. Her body relaxed, and a relieved smile blossomed on her lips. He was here, and he was holding her, and she was safe. Blair…. Blair… he whispered her name and she wanted to collapse into him. Blair… can you hear me?

But when she finally forced her ocean eyes open, it was not Christian staring back at her, but Thorn. “Blair?” he asked again, and she realized that his hand was gently touching her arm. She nodded slowly, crashing back into reality like a fatal automobile accident in slow motion. It was only then that she noticed her cheeks were wet with tears, which she quickly wiped away, embarrassed that she had looked so weak and helpless. Charlie was standing next to her with a needle ready, she assumed to draw some blood so that they could run tests. Everyone looked so concerned, but Blair couldn’t understand why. “I’m ready…” Blair nodded slowly, holding out her left arm for Charlie, and for the first time in a while, Blair wasn’t afraid. She was firmly under the belief that her tests would mirror Christian’s, and even if they were no longer together… at least they would be soon.​

daniella-e1628551745696.jpg

Cassidy "Cas" Wickham || 16 || Initiate || Erudite Transfer

Cassidy felt her body move through the air although she knew it was actually her soul, or something like that .No visual or audible senses were around her but for a split second it was like she was stretched between two things, her body and Griffon's body, until there was a snap as she reached her body again, and suddenly she was looking back through her eyes. Dread filled her stomach and disgust rose up in her throat as she yanked her arm quickly away from her mother, a scowl planting itself on her lips. Griffon you had one job, one job! Don't let her touch you... Cassidy regretted making sure Griffon had been put in a safe space, he would have been fine, she should have trusted his intuition and just sent herself back as soon as possible. The feeling on her arm, even through the clothing, was like a burning and acidic sensation. Everything in her body prickled and seethed at the very sight of her parents, and even though there had changed much between now and then, she saw them only as the monsters that they had been when she had known them so long ago. Her mother narrowed her eyes at Cassidy's sudden change of manner, and Cassidy gritted her teeth, calming her facial features and attempting to calm her posture. "I think it's time we part ways." Cassidy said clearly, stepping back again so there was adequate space between them. "I believe that altercation involved one of your people bumping into one of mine. From the sounds of it I'd say one of them has clearly won, I would rather not take chances on who it was, and I would rather not be forced into working with you. If that is to ever happen, it will be under my terms and at my time. Are we clear?" She asked, eyes dark and brimming with cold hatred. Her parents were still trying to figure out her change of demeanour, but she was hoping that by playing it off as her figuring out that her parents had brought people to help them, and that her mother had invaded her boundaries, that they would think it understandable. Whatever they thought they seemed to respect her words, and they had a hushed conversation together. Cassidy breathed softly through her mouth, her brain quickly scanning the area, looking for Draven or anyone that she recognized, Ghost was probably long gone, and he wouldn't be helpful anyway, he knew nothing about the situation and she hoped he had truly only been around by coincidence. Finally her parents nodded. "We expect more communication." They said, and Cassidy held herself together, barely managing to hold in her chuckle. "I can't promise anything." She said, I'm sure as hell not contacting you, trust me. She thought. Waiting with crossed arms and only a slight tapping nervous foot, she watched as her parents looked her over one last time, said goodbye, and disappeared almost as mysteriously as they had appeared.

Sh*t. Cassidy swore silently as she shivered from her feet upwards. She needed to disappear now too, she wasn't safe anymore, she knew because of that touch that her mother could track her, she didn't know how, she didn't know all the details, but she knew it was possible that at all moments for the next little while that her mother would be able to come and find her. She needed to stay away, especially from Griffon. A part of her wanted to go and find Ghost, but she knew that wasn't as important just now, it was more important to go and get herself safe, get some equipment to help her survive the next couple days. She wanted to go stay with Cheglok or someone she knew, but she knew that would be even more dangerous than trying to stay by herself and moving every couple hours. I need to take this damn shirt off too, just in case she can only track the shirt. It was a pity she hadn't brought an extra shirt. Whatever she had to do, it was clear that she needed to return to Dauntless, preferably before Griffon got there, and preferably avoiding everyone. She wanted her mother to think she was sneaking into Dauntless, rather than going to get her stuff. She had got Griffon to lie, saying that she was factionless, so she didn't want to break that lie, therefore.... Going a long way round would be the best bet. Cassidy found her hands jittering, the lull going through her system was finally kicking in in that way, and she was somewhat grateful for the distraction, her head was only mildly hurting, a miracle, as she knew that after such a heavy body swap she should be writhing in pain. Dipping into her pocket she pulled out a handful of pain meds and threw them back into her mouth, swallowing them quickly and easily. She needed to keep the migraine at bay as best as she could, if it hit her in the wrong place at the wrong time then she was toast. She checked her phone, it had been a few minutes since her parents had left and there had been no sound around her. She decided to avoid the alleyway that Ghost had had his little scuffle in, and instead she took a back route that circled round towards the same direction he'd run off to. At this point it was darker and much stormier, although the rain was coming in batches so it was easy to avoid it by ducking under cover at the right time. She stayed on the ground level as much as she could, knowing that although it meant she was an easier target to get to, she wasn't as trapped as she would be if she were on the roof. Although Griffon's body could take a beating like a boxing bag could, her body was not so lucky. She had a much higher likelihood of running away with so much space here at the ground level, than if she were trapped inside a building or even worse, on top of it. She wasn't designed for jumping huge gaps and landing on concrete roofs, so for now she stayed ground level.

The night air was at least soothing on her face, as it was heated due to the oncoming migraine and the pain her skin was giving her from the stress she was holding in herself. She was jogging most of the time, enjoying the way the breeze would hit her cheeks and soothe them. She didn't avoid the main areas, actually preferring to have people around, but at one point she thought she saw her mother, and then she ducked out of the public view, quickly ducking in and out buildings like a squirrel, and lost her. She wasn't sure it was actually her mother, it wasn't like her mother had a unique look or anything, but she wasn't taking any chances. Feeling relieved and that she was safer, she looked around to get her bearings, noticing a nearby playground and basketball court, it seemed as though it was mostly abandoned, like most everything else around here. Cassidy walked through the dark foreboding playground, taking a seat on one of the swings that was still intact for a bit to catch her breath. If her mother was tracking her she knew it wasn't safe, but she couldn't run non-stop forever. It was at this point that she heard dark voices from a bit away from her, head swinging in that direction she narrowed her eyes, trying to see through the darkness to see if it were her parents or their lackeys. Not wanting to be jumped, she did her best to keep in the darkest shadows, avoiding street lamps and anything like that. Soon enough she had snuck around like a cat in the dark to the sounds of the two people - men she figured - were speaking. Not just speaking were they, but she heard the clear sound of physical violence. As she neared them her eyes adjusted to the darkness, she saw at first what she thought to be a father and son, but soon she recognized one before the other, Ghost stood there, or rather crouched there, and looming over him was a giant figure that took her a good long moment to figure out. She had not really seen him before, h3er only memory being from the choosing day, but the man standing there was Jeremy Daniels, the leader of Dauntless. What had Ghost done to piss him off? She watched, her heart sinking as Jeremy would lunge for Ghost, Ghost had no chance if he couldn't use his weapons, and this man was tgiving him no chances. I can't stand against him... But... I don't want Ghost to die. She thought to herself, feeling a wrench in her gut. Ghost was her favourite new plaything, even though she knew he was likely playing her as much as she was playing him. Indecision wracked her as she tried to think of how she could help. The longer she waited, the longer her mother could find her.

Interacting with: Ghost Aviator Aviator

Fable

Mood: Focused

Interactions: Open

As Chris departed to meet up with Briony and Aubrey, Fable decided to stay put and practice her fighting moves a bit more. At this point, her heart was still thumping like an entire herd of wild horses were racing around within it and her blood was burning. She wanted to believe that the workout of fighting Chris was the reason she felt this way but a nagging voice in the back of her mind taunted her with the idea that while Chris might be part of it, the workout was not. Once the kindhearted blonde had left the training center Fable turned her attention towards a practice dummy. The once peachy-colored face of the dummy was now scuffed and worn from years of initiates beating on it. Taking a few minutes to prepare herself for her next workout the fiery-haired young woman wrapped her knuckles and hands carefully. It was clear to anyone watching that this was not the first time Fable had done this. She was determined to earn her way into this faction and while others were out partying she would happily practice any Dauntless skill she could. So many of the high-ranking initiates were Dauntless-born, she wanted to be able to hold her chin high and be seen as an equal among them one day, not just as a transfer who scraped by.

Wiping the sweat from her brow Fable quickly retied her hair up into a long ponytail and positioned herself into a grounded position so she could begin her routine. Once she might have put on some sort of video to follow along but by now Fable had picked her way through most of the decent ones and figured out a style all her own. It might not be what professionals would recommend but it worked for her. The sound of solid blows landing against the dummy’s plastisol skin echoed through the empty halls of this section of the training center. If you were to venture closer you would hear the soft shuffle of feet as the red-haired steam engine played through a fight in her mind and positioned herself accordingly. This had been a pastime for her long before initiation, ever since a few years back when she realized Dauntless was where she wanted to be. Fable used to sneak out every few nights and find her way to an abandoned building where she had made her own punching bag out of a few old sacks and some firm foam. Griffon had accompanied her once or twice but Fable wasn’t sure if he remembered it. It was during this time that she would watch videos and train for the future she wanted. Her parents punished her for sneaking out but they never found her hidden haven and Fable certainly never stopped retreating there to train.

As she hit the dummy in the neck with her elbow to mark the end of this round a sigh escaped her lips. She was pushing herself hard and had built up quite the sweat. For a moment her mismatched eyes glanced around and she debated removing her sleeved shirt to continue her workout in her sports bra but the idea did not last long. She hated the idea that someone might come in unannounced and see her, the parts of her she tried to hide. She didn’t want others to look at her back and change how they viewed her. The scars along her shoulders and ranging across the canvas of her back were not for others, they were her marks, her stories, the memories she bore and the person she saw when she looked in the mirror. Fable didn’t want anyone seeing that person but her. She had done so much to distance herself from that part of her life, she accepted her scars, but that didn’t mean she wanted others to see them. Scars meant a lot in Dauntless but these were not the kind of scars she wanted to glorify. She didn’t want people to think she was weak but she also didn’t want people to think she was a fighter and a survivor because of marks another person put on her. She wanted to earn those titles because she made them for herself. Deciding to keep her shirt on Fable wrapped a workout towel over the back of her neck and took a seat on the bench. If she was this hot she could take a break.

45317f0f33655aeddbe0ba3c985130ff.gif

Ghost // Male // Age 18 // Semi-Competent Thug // Erudite to Dauntless

“Seven counts of larceny, six counts of substance trafficking, two counts of fraud, two counts of vandalism,” Daniels recited, as if he were a judge trying to sway the jury toward conviction. “And one known assault. I can’t decide whether to be impressed or offended that my daughter would gravitate toward the criminal types. But your little flirtation with Charlotte comes to an end tonight.” He advanced a step toward Ghost, unhooking a small dark shape from his belt. When Daniels flicked his wrist, it extended into a long, dark rod with three segments of strongest steel.
Ghost forced himself to hold the dagger in his hand loosely, resisting the urge to clamp his fingers into a vise around the handle. Near the base of the blade was an indent on both sides, and then it flared out into crisp, acute angles, like a woman’s too-sharp cheekbones. A core of black ran down from the dark handle, until the blade grew too narrow and the last third was pure silver. “Well, forcing me to kill my girlfriend’s father would be, in most cases, a sure-fire way to facilitate a breakup,” he said insouciantly, ignoring the way that his heart was racing in his chest like a spooked horse. “But between you and me, I think Charlotte would be hard-pressed to shed a tear at the funeral.”
“Mouthy little thing, aren’t you? I’m going to enjoy ripping your tongue from your head. And then slicing off your ears so you can’t hear your pathetic self scream.” Daniels stalked forward some more, his enormous shadow stretching across the ground to reach menacingly for Ghost, like the hand of a wrathful god.
“A lot of angry men have issued death threats against me, yet here I stand,” Ghost said, feeling as composed as a sonata. At least, that was what he told himself. “Get in line.” He shuffled two paces to the side, aware that by pressing forward, Daniels was trying to hem him in against the chain-link fence that surrounded the playground. Ghost was close enough that he could lunge for the fence, but he’d never scramble up and over it by the time that Daniels reached him, and there was nowhere else to run.
Garbed in a midnight uniform that absorbed the moonlight like a black hole, the wind lifting his Viking’s mane off his shoulders, Daniels looked rather like a demon, come to steal a soul away to the other side. “Who the fuck ever said I’d kill you? Contrary to you thugs who run around with no consequences, I don’t think of myself as God. It’s not my business to take lives.” A nasty smile like an alligator baring its teeth crawled onto Jeremy Daniels’s face. “I just administer justice when heaven takes a little too long.”
“So modest. I can see why Charlotte’s sister upheld you as the paragon of virtue,” Ghost replied dryly. He eyed Daniels’s baton warily, knowing he’d be disadvantaged to get around the much longer weapon into striking zone.
“High-and-mighty words from a kid with Mommy and Daddy’s silver spoon shoved so far up his ass that he became a crook without it, when he realized he didn’t have a grain of actual talent. Just like you have no talent for fighting, hm?” Daniels rapped the end of the baton gently against his open palm. “According to your files, you barely passed Phase One of initiation, Ferris. ‘A particular ineptitude for unarmed combat that may be of possible future concern.’ Apparently you throw punches too high. You commit too much to each strike, leaving yourself open when you miss. Thorough, aren’t th—”
Realizing that the only way out was through, Ghost resigned himself to the battle ahead, and, if necessary, to the thought that he would die on his feet with a knife in his hand. It was a higher honor than his parents had been given. Caspian. Finn. Blair. All of the Divergents whom he’d been too late to save. But as Daniels took care to remind him, Ghost was nobody and nothing, and opportunities weren’t just served up to him on a platter. He’d only gotten where he was today through sheer willpower, and taking justice for himself when there was none else to be had.
Instead of continuing to circle Daniels, Ghost shifted his momentum mid-step so that he waded into Daniels’s striking zone. The quickest solution to the problem of Daniels’s superior range was to take away the weapon that granted it. Fully aware that he’d stepped into the no-man’s-land where his adversary could reach him but not the reverse, Ghost readied himself for a strike. And as was expected of a self-proclaimed combative prodigy, it was a good strike, aimed at Ghost’s waist, where he’d have the most difficulty dodging over or under the blow. Instead, he shifted his weight back a half-step, so that there was a fingerbreadth of clearance between him and the blow, the air palpably parting in the baton’s trajectory. As soon as the baton passed the height of its arc, Ghost pushed forward again, fast enough to border on recklessness, darting out and in like a surgeon’s stitching needle.
You wanna see me commit to a strike, you supercilious bastard? Covering the distance between him and his opponent as fast as he dared, Ghost went for the fingers, aiming to chop down on Daniels’s weapon hand.
Jeremy saw it coming and threw up a heavily padded forearm to absorb the blow. Shock radiated up Ghost’s arm. During the half a heartbeat that he was incapacitated, Daniels thrust a shoulder into Ghost’s chest, bulling him back a short series of steps. Daniels fell to one knee, scooping down low to sweep Ghost’s ankles and break the fragile bones there. Panic seared Ghost’s insides as if he’d swallowed fire. Realizing that the fight would very well end then and there if Daniels landed such a devastating blow, Ghost reacted on instinct. Still careening backward out of control, he threw his knife at Daniels’s kneeling form.
Ghost didn’t see it connect because, in his flurry to recover his balance, he crossed one ankle behind the other and tripped, his head jolting backward as he took a hard seat on the ground. What alerted him was the scream. An unbridled yell of pain, rage, and shock all at once, loud and passionate enough to shake the heavens. Ghost pushed himself up on his hands. In the moonlight the blood leaking from above Daniels’s left eye was rendered a slippery silver curtain. The big black-clad man cupped a hand to his face as his cry tapered off into a feral growl. “Oh, oh... you damn scum-sucking brat. You know what I’m gonna do? Huh?” In one lightning-quick motion, Daniels pushed to his feet so that he towered above Ghost, raking back the blood-matted hair from his face. “I’m going to send Charlotte your organs in boxes. One for each day of the week. How does that sound?”
Ghost tucked his legs in and rolled to the side in a ball, nimbly coming to his feet. “I mean, if you cut off my ears like you say you will, it clearly won’t be sounding like anything for long, eh? I’m waiting.”
Malice shone in Daniels’s dark eyes like the murderous glint a magpie gets before it devours a lesser bird’s eggs. Well, eye. The other one was obscured in the mess from the gash that Ghost had cut into Daniels’s face. Which was as good a hit as he could hope to land, especially unintentionally. But now Daniels would be fighting with a blindside that Ghost could exploit. With a magician’s flourish that made Ghost feel clever for implementing, he whipped out another knife quite seemingly from up his sleeve. Always come prepared for a fight, he thought, one of the first lessons that had been beaten into him as a street urchin.
Daniels came at him with a vengeance, a scorpion with its tail raised to sting. Ghost met him head on, not flinching away from the first swing of the baton; instead, he caught it on the edge of his knife, deflected it, and with a deft movement like a trick of the light, switched to a backhand grip. Ghost went for the smallest of openings on Jeremy’s left side, as if to slide the blade between the colossal man’s ribs. He lunged with conviction, but he was still surprised when the hit landed. Of course, his victory was muted by the thick mesh padding that transformed a puncture wound into a mere graze, the knife skittering mostly harmlessly away from Daniels. Largely unfazed by the blow, Daniels stood his ground and retaliated. Ghost was in too close quarters for Daniels to swing the baton, but there was nothing stopping him from sending a fist to Ghost’s face.
Pain forked like lightning through Ghost’s head, his vision flashing white with it. There was a nasty crunch and an onslaught of copper filled his mouth. It was suddenly hard to breathe, which wasn’t surprising, given that Ghost was fairly certain his nose had been broken. A mouthful of blood dribbled out between his lips, but the slight rattle of something small hitting the ground told him that he’d spit up more than just blood. Ghost smiled with crimson-stained teeth. “The hell was that?” he scoffed in a voice as thin and charred as woodsmoke. It was the same sort of don’t-make-me-fucking-laugh tone that he used to taunt the loser of a poker showdown, who’d hyped up his hand to be worth way more than it actually was.
“Perhaps you were good metal once, Daniels,” Ghost said in a distorted voice, as if he had bad congestion. “But even the best metal is prone to rusting as time passes. Like you said. I’m not even that good a fighter and you’re struggling,” he finished haughtily. Hoping to simultaneously stall for time and provoke the man into doing something stupid. I have to go for his head again, Ghost realized, knowing that the armor Daniels wore beneath his clothes rendered him impervious to all bodily hits. Or… his feet, Ghost thought, remembering Daniels’s very first attack, in which he’d targeted Ghost’s ankles. Maybe Daniels was used to fighting armored opponents, and that was the strategy he implemented against them. Thus, it should work when switched around unto him. Just don’t get hit by that baton, Ghost reminded himself, knowing that one hit to his legs meant he wouldn’t be standing anymore, and a hit to his arm meant he wouldn’t be attacking at full speed, if at all.
Perhaps for that comment,” Daniels said, mimicking Ghost’s diction, “I’ll use a rusted blade on you to prolong your suffering, you impudent shit.” At this point, veins of red ran down his neck, splattering the chest of his uniform from the freely bleeding wound in his forehead. He swiped a palm carelessly above his eye and started toward Ghost again, moving with the slow determination of a storm cloud.
Get in close and get low. Daniels was probably practiced at fighting fully armored, and so he’d know how to defend his vulnerable points. Ghost would have to think outside the box to get in a shot at his feet. Daniels swung high and hard as he approached, as if Ghost’s head were a fastball he intended to knock out of the park. He ducked with relative ease, wondering if his opponent was getting frustrated and on the verge of stupidity. But still, Ghost wasn’t close enough to get in a strike of his own. Unnerved by the way that he could hear his blood pounding through his veins, he lowered himself into a half-crouch, light on the balls of his feet, ready to pounce at any instant and drive his knife through Jeremy’s boot.
Livid and blind in one eye, Daniels gave Ghost no chance to close the distance. Spinning the baton end over end in a show of surprising dexterity for a man with such beefy hands, he unleashed an assault, clearly with the intent of wearing Ghost down. For almost a full minute Ghost frantically parried and sidestepped, until his movements grew sluggish. Unable to reach across his body in time, the baton thwacked into his right hip with such force that the breath caught in Ghost’s throat. There was a prolonged moment in which he was too stunned to feel anything, and then the pain bloomed. Like a mushroom cloud, it roiled and swelled until it was all-consuming, radiating down the length of his leg and then back up. Ghost swayed and fell forward as if standing unsupported was suddenly beyond him, and he didn’t have to act the part all that much. With his last seeds of willpower, he fell against Daniels’s chest, going limp, knife slipping to the ground with a heart-wrenching clang.
A massive hand knotted itself around Ghost’s throat, squeezing his windpipe in a death grip. There was the snickety-snick of the baton falling to the ground and rolling, but Daniels didn’t need it anymore. His other hand clamped firmly over the lower half of Ghost’s face, making it impossible to breathe. His yelp of pain as he was hoisted into the air was muffled.
“Who the fuck do you think you are,” Daniels fumed, his breath a puff of warmth against Ghost’s cheek. But all he could smell was the stomach-churning stench of blood, either his own or Daniels’s or both, he wasn’t sure. “To sneak into my house in the dead of night, hide your face like a coward, and tell me how to raise my daughter. Has it ever occurred to you that I lay hands on her for her own good? I am the leader of Dauntless. I oversee a whole faction of motherfuckers who would be running around like headless chickens if not for my guidance. What the hell makes you think that you know better than me? Just ‘cuz you used to be some pompous Erudite slime with a head too big for your goddamn shoulders? Answer me!”
He shook Ghost like a dog with a pigeon in its mouth. Ghost made a strangled wheezing noise in response, unable to answer if he wanted to. The world was tunneling in on itself, as if to mimic the crumpled state of Ghost’s throat. It required him to violate every impulse in his body and brain to claw at Jeremy’s powerful chokehold with only one hand, forcing the other to dangle by his side as if the arm were broken. Not yet… not yet, Ghost thought with some of his last coherent thoughts.
Just as the world was receding to a pinprick, Daniels flung Ghost away in disgust, letting him drop to the ground. Ghost rolled once, twice, thrice, and miraculously, his fingers numbly coiled in the trigger well did not falter.
“All of you self-righteous transfers who come into this faction thinking you’re going to renovate it, to make us a more sensitive and kind-hearted and accepting bunch, need to pack up your bags and get gone. Is it not obvious that initiation is designed to weed you specifically out of our home? Dauntless is about survival of the fittest, and you are not fit for us. Thieves, parasites, good-for-nothing’s. You’re unwelcome. Just take the fucking hint.”
There was the heavy tread of boots as Daniels took a step toward Ghost’s supine form, as if to finish him off. Ghost’s eyes snapped open, having not remembered closing them. But he did remember the gun in his hand, snatched from Daniels’s holster when he’d fallen against him. Because, just as Daniels said, Ghost was, first and foremost, a thief. A pickpocket. A damn good one, too. And he took great pride in a job well done, despite the accusatory way the word had been leveled at him.
From his back, he thumbed off the safety and raised the Wicked Sister. Instantly, Daniels froze, his body a rigid line of tension. The darkness and Ghost’s flickering vision conspired to render reality in suggestive shapes. His hand shook. He grunted something unintelligible. Flames blazed up his throat. Clenching his teeth, Ghost spoke again. “On your knees, fucker. Now... ngh,” he gasped in pain. Moving slowly so as to not overextend himself and drop the gun, he tried to maneuver into a crouch, or any more dignified position. Pain pounded through his hip. He abandoned the attempt.
Daniels looked at him skeptically, as if either doubting Ghost’s ability to pull the trigger or his will to. Ghost gave his head a little aggravated toss, spitting blood through gritted teeth. “Make me say it again and you will never apologize to Charlotte for ruining her life.” His voice was black ice. A prophecy.
A pause, and then Daniels began to comply with Ghost’s directions, lowering himself to one knee and then the other on the ground. “Do you realize the legal penalty for aiming a weapon at an officer of the—”
His eyes darted to something behind and above Ghost. “Finish him, girl, and you will be rewarded beyond your wildest dreams.”
“Wildest dreams? What are you, Prince Charming? Like I’ve never heard that one before.” A girl’s voice with an irreverent, biting twang. It came from alarmingly close. Like, right behind him close. Ghost tried to whirl, but sitting as he was on the ground, it would have been an awkward movement for an able-bodied person, and agony spiked through his injured side.
“Sorry, Ghost. But I don’t get paid if you win,” said Bee. A touch of remorse softened the edges of her harsh voice. Something hard knocked into Ghost’s skull, and this time, the gun did drop from his hand. Scuffing on the asphalt—either the gun falling or his own body, he wasn’t sure—was the last thing he heard before the world blackened and he slumped over, unconscious.

Last edited:
Divergent
mood
mood over here.
outfit
outfit over here.
mentions
Rhysand(Rhys).

Rhysand wasn’t surprised when a blur of blonde hair was suddenly at his side. He easily released the slip of paper to her as her fingers gripped an edge of the scrap paper. The address had been familiar enough due to where the location was. Rhys wondered what Blair had possibly gotten herself into or if this was her searching for something. Rhysand wondered if maybe Blair was searching for something she couldn’t usually get in the usual areas. A few thoughts flickered through his mind wondering what Blair was up to exactly and if this is why she had suddenly disappeared. However he felt his phone buzz once more with a reply. “Its a deal.”he sent to Lainey before pocketing his phone once more. He felt Randi bump her shoulder into his and couldn’t help but grin at her words.”I’ve always found that a second pair of eyes comes in handy. Since in our need to find something we want we often overlook the very thing we are searching for.”he said with a chuckle. “I’ll look a little more as well then.”he said when she stated she had a few more places she wanted to look at. His gaze sweeping over a few places though he didn’t see anything out of the ordinary, just some pictures of Blair with Briony or other friends.

It took a short amount of time to finish looking around what little area they had. Since they knew they would have to leave quickly anyways before any of the other Avalons showed up. It would be fine if it was Briony but the rest not so much. So they had left with what little clues they had which weren’t much but were certainly a start for their journey. He followed right behind Randi staying right behind her in case Ajax tried anything or any other Avalons appeared. Once outside he went over several options that they now had. He was fine with whatever option they went with as he would get to spend more time with Randi and also anything to help Blair would be nice. When a lollipop was offered to him he easily took it. His fingers unwrapping it sticking the wrapper into his pocket to toss away later he popped the sucker into his mouth. The flavor rolling over his tongue as they stood on the stairs contemplating their options.

When Randi spoke about going to the address he easily agreed as it had been his idea after all. Which Randi mentioned caused a chuckle to leave him.”Best to at least give it a good look, it's our only lead so far.”he said, following her down the stairs as they began setting off on their mission. “Yeah I figured as much.”he said since it was usually common knowledge about that area.”Hm I really hope she hadn’t gotten herself involved with them.”he said with a sigh as they headed that way. The sucker rolled around in his mouth as his tongue moved it about. He did enjoy this flavor the most when it came to suckers. “Whoever it is, they would be wise to keep themselves hidden a bit. With this area and also the fact they have this address to an Avalon of all the families.”he said since it wasn’t wise to get on the Avalons bad side.

coded by natasha.

Shayla

Mood: Pained & Drained

Interactions: Aya

When asked if she had been in the bathroom for the entire time after testing Shay blinked. She had, of course she had. The ebony-haired young woman had no idea how much time had passed between her bouts of agony and the multiple intrusions she had experienced. In some ways it felt like she had only been in there for a short time but in others, it felt like an eternity. When she was in pain the seconds seemed like hours and passed as slowly as molasses moving uphill in the middle of January. She blinked a few times, her mind still a bit weak and fuzzy from the claws of pain that ran through it far more than it used to. “I needed someplace quiet.” Was all Shay said in response to Aya’s question about how long she had been in the bathroom. It was true, that was why she went in there in the first place. It was a cold and usually quiet place after training, plus it was covered in easy-to-clean surfaces which came in handy when she began to bleed from her nose as though someone had opened internal floodgates. She hadn’t expected the restroom to be so popular, first with Charlie, then Birdy, and finally Aya. Now she knew to never try and seek refuge there again when she wanted to be truly left alone.

Her heart fluttered in an unexpected and immensely unwelcome manner when Shay remembered that Aya had mentioned Cas was the one worried about her. Cas didn’t normally seem the type to be worried about anyone other than herself and perhaps Griffon. It was interesting that the dark-haired transfer would share any concern about her with Aya. Why was she worried? They didn’t mean anything to one another. Sure they had had a one-time fling but Shay had done her best to make sure Cas knew that it would never happen again. No matter what her heart may or may not feel in regard to the young woman who had shared her bed once, Shay could not allow herself to let Cas in any more than she had. She needed to be on the offensive and she needed Cas to stay away, she could not get attached or let Cas get attached to her. Taking a shuttering breath Shayla narrowed her eyes and swallowed, her saliva still tasting metallic. “Tell Cas not to bother, I’m not her concern.” She told Aya, once again her tone icy as she shot a cold look towards the girl. “I shouldn’t be of concern to you either.” She added and did her best to stand tall though she knew how fragile she must look right now as exhaustion and likely dehydration only enhanced how pale and shaky she looked. While she was still well muscled, thanks to training, Shay was noticeably much thinner. Her headache made it hard to keep food down let alone be hungry at all. Sometimes the pen helped as its effects led her to have a bit of an appetite but that didn’t mean she would not end up sick later on.

“I’m going home.” Her words were out almost as soon as Aya suggested staying in the barracks for the night. Shay liked having her own space but more than that, she wanted to see Lev. She had seen him briefly that morning but last night she was in the hospital and she hated the idea of him being alone and worried about her. Most people might not believe a cat could worry or care about their owner but the bond between Shayla and Lev was something special and she hated letting him down or leaving him without her for too long. Doing her best to take confident strides past Aya, clearly attempting to make it on her own, it didn’t take long for the dark-haired young woman to stumble. The dizziness was starting up again and she caught herself by the arm and shoulder on the wall. A snarl of frustration rumbled in her throat as she held back her desire to hit the concrete wall as hard as she could. Before she could move again the sense of a warm body against hers caused her to whip around. Aya was against her and trying to take Shay’s weight to help her walk. “You don’t-” She began but was cut off. Letting out a sigh Shay quietly accepted the help and shuffled along with Aya supporting her as they made their way out of the testing center.

Wolfiee Wolfiee

code by Stardust Galaxy

ca723cb1c90606e23ad49a71f39d4917.gif

Griffon || 18 17 || Initiate || Abnegation Transfer

The walk was pleasant enough, the rain was only falling in little bouts and Griffon was able to avoid it most of the time, otherwise with the outfit Cassidy had picked him he didn't really notice the rain as it dripped on his jacket. He walked along deep in thought, his mind going back to what had just happened, he felt so many things and trying to go through them was so hard but he wanted to do so. He found it too hard to do so while walking, but he knew Cassidy desperately wanted him safe and back in the compound, right now they were in... if he had to guess he'd say the factionless area, and he was simply following the main road since he had no true idea of where to go. He knew Cassidy had people watching him, at least.... he was pretty sure she had told him that, maybe that was about watching her when she was speaking to their parents, or rather when he was speaking to them. Griffon groaned as he held his head, it wasn't as if it were sore, but the frustration of not quite being able to grasp at your memory was so infuriating that he stopped for a second to look around and grasp at the situation. He wasn't in Dauntless, he wasn't even in the Dauntless area, he was somewhere that usually he'd have no memory of, and the only reason he could recall that this was the way he'd come was because he'd come while in Cassidy's body, and thankfully for him he remembered things much better in her body than his. But it took a lot of effort to hold onto that memory, whilst also trying to think on the conversation he'd had with his mother and father, and anything else in between. Sorry Cassidy, but I need to think this through. He mentally yelled at his sister, knowing she couldn't hear him but wishing she could. Looking around he saw a park bench, it was a little wet, but he wasn't too worried because he was probably just as wet as the bench was. Sitting down on the bench he took deep breaths and looked at the sky, until a rather large raindrop landed in his eye, and then he resorted to simply looking at the road. What had he wanted to sit down for? Oh yes, thinking. Griffon frowned as he took himself back in his mind to a mere half hour ago, or maybe longer. As he sat there trying to remember it he recalled how it had felt to be in Cassidy's body again. How she could feel so much, how everything mwas so much sharper, her hearing was impeccable, her body reacted so quickly to physical touch, and it was so much smaller than his own. Her mind was so fast and there was no trouble in creating memories. Back in his body it felt much better, even without all those perks, because this was his body. He loved Cassidy and he was always glad to give her relief by giving her his body to use, but he always found it strange to be in another body. It was foreign, it felt wrong, and he especially didn't want to hurt Cassidy's body. That was the main issue he supposed, was the fear of doing something that would cause Cassidy pain when she got back into her body. He could tell while he was in it that she had taken a large amount of drugs to counteract the reactions she'd have after swapping with him, but he hoped that it wouldn't muddle her senses too much. He thought about what she had told him, about the possibility that after the conversation she might have to run off for a couple of days. He felt a wave of worry rush over him as he thought about that. He didn't want to think of Cassidy running for her life from his parents. He wanted to think of them as that, parents.

The way they had spoken to him had seemed so much gentler than Cassidy had ever told him. The stories she had told him had made them sound like absolute monster, yet when he talked to them tonight they had simply seemed excited to see their child again! The way their faces had fallen in grief when he had told them that "Griffon had died" had made him struggle so hard to keep his mouth shut about the truth. I'm alive mum and dad. I'm alive and well and I wanted to see you, meet you. That he had done, and he could tell how uncomfortable that had made Cassidy by all that she had done,, she had stopped being funny and witty, she had stopped being light-hearted and care-free, and she had made sure there was no way he would be hurt. She put herself on the line so that he would be safe. She swapped bodies with him so that if something happened they wouldn't know what he looked like, they wouldn't know he existed, they wouldn't know anything. She had watched him carefully and even taken him to a safe area far away before swapping back, and she'd left him instructions. He felt guilty, that she was able to do so much for him. He wanted to be the big older brother that looked after his two sisters, Cassidy and Fable. But so often it felt like the opposite, like they looked after him. He wasn't mad about that, he respected and admired all the qualities of the two girls, how strong they were, how smart, how fast. There was nothing he loved more in life than those two girls, and he couldn't think of a single flaw of either of them. But yet... he wished he could do more for them. He had heard them both say multiple times about how he was everything to them, about how they loved him unconditionally , and how he'd been the best thing in their lives, but yet... Now he felt so useless comapably. Fable and Cassidy were thriving here, in all that they were doing, and Griffon felt out of place.. As much as both of his sisters would hate that he thought this, he knew he would have preferred to live the rest of his life in Abnegation. Of course he preffered to be with both his sisters, and if he hadn't transferred he never would have met Aya, or Bloom, or Thorn... But when it came to imagining a life in Dauntless? Griffon couldn't imagine what he would even do, would he become a soldier? He hated the idea of going around with weapons, the very thought of that made him shiver with disgust. But what other jobs were there? Charlie had a good job as medic, but he had no medical training... He didn't think he'd even want to do training, as he wasn't super good at it. He could maybe do tattooing. His mind went to the tattoos they had all got, and he thought of Aya. He and Aya could start a tattoo shop when they graduated. The idea suddenly seemed beautiful, they could make a whole business and use their own art for the tattoos. He would have to suggest it to her, see if she would want to do that. It was the only thing he could think of doing in Dauntless that wouldn't make him uncomfortable.

Shaking his head he tried to think back to his parents, he waited till the rain had dropped off enough and he took out his sketchbook, bringing out a pencil he began to quickly sketch out his memory of what his parents looked like. While he sketched his mind freely thought to what they had said, about why they had hurt him and Cassidy growing up, about how they wanted to tear down the factions, ,about how they wanted Cassidy to join them again. He wondered if Cassidy had talked to them much longer after they had swapped back, or whether she'd run off, got into a fight, or left quickly. He dearly hoped she hadn't gotten into a fight, she was outnumbered at least 2 to 1. He knew she was very good, but if it was their parents who trained them then they also must be amazing. He had to hope that Cassidy would be okay though, because otherwise he felt sick. Finishing up his sketches he pocketed the notebook and began to walk again, realizing that if he stayed out here much longer he wouldn't be able to see the way home and would be stuck here for the night. Cassidy would be mad at him if he did that, and she'd be worried sick. He knew she was likely avoiding him so that if she was being followed by their parents or by someone their parents had hired then they wouldn't find him. He prayed silently that Cassidy would be okay, and walked quickly. It took a while for him to make it back to the Dauntless area, and by that time he was cold and wet, moving through the compound he felt his head feeling groggy and slow, an after-effect of the swap. He wouldn't feel pain like Cassidy did, but he was feeling woozy. He thought about whether he should find the infirmary ,, but he was fairly sure that he wouldn't be able to make it there with the slow brain and the struggle to remember the compound. It was so mazelike that he was struggling much more than usual in how to navigate, which was why he always tried to go places with Fable, Aya or Cassidy. Walking along for a while he realized he was in the training area, and he could hear someone training. Feeling relieved that he had found another person, probably someone he knew, he sped his walk up and knocked on the door of the training room and walked in, looking around. THe place was mostly dark, only a light on in the sparring area, so Griffon made his way over, unable to see who was there from the door. As he made his way over he felt an immense amoujnt of joy as a red head turned his way and mis matched eyes were suddenly linked with his own. "Fable!" He said with joy and relief, watching as she tilted her head in confusion at his appearance, so unlike him to have dark clothes and also to be wet.

Interacting with: Fable Sanctuaryforall1 Sanctuaryforall1

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f7334772d6e63307a6f5a597544673d3d2d3735333536313132372e313561653133653738353339333030393231393536343039393136392e676966

Charlotte "Charlie" Stark || 20 || Medic || Dauntlessborn

Charlie reacted but for a moment as Maverick mentioned Christian in a way to infer he had hurt Blair somehow. An uncomfortable feeling washed over her but she had no time to process it properly as Blair and Thorn entered the room. Thorn held Blair like one might hold an injured child, cradling her close to the chest and using gentle manouvres to keep her safe. Had Blair been injured? The reality that someone who she'd grown up with doing something like this was too nauseating to think of though, so she pushed the thought out of her mind. Christian would never do anything like this. "Here Thorn, place her on the table, thank you." She said quickly and softly, not wanting to wake up Blair if she were asleep. Whatever was wrong with her, if she were sleeping then her body was attempting to heal it all by itself, so she didn't want to interrupt the natural healing properties, it didn't matter though, as Blair was clearly awake, just hardly conscious. Sitting on the bed Charlie motioned for Thorn to continue standing next to her, to stabilise her should she faint, and to keep her comfortable if she was suddenly uncomfortable in this situation. "Blair, can you hear me? Can you tell me what's wrong?" Charlie began to ask, but only got half intelligible mumbles that "I'm okay" when clearly she was not. Her first thought began to be that she was very sick, either on the recovery side of it (hence why she'd been missing) or coming down with something, she felt her head and noted that she was a tad clammy and hotter than one would expect, she gently took Blair's hand and took her pulse, and as she stood there quietly holding her finger to her wrist she couldn't help but notice a number of familiar looking bruises upon Blair. What had happened to her? Maverick's comment came back to her and she wondered how true it might have been, if not Christian then somebody had given these to Blair. She couldn't imagine Christian doing it, not on purpose anyway, he was a big boy, but he was so gentle, and loving , and caring, and maybe a little clumsy with people but not like this, at least... she dearly hoped not. She noted how Aubrey had thought all of her bruises had been from a lover, when it had been from her father... Had Blair's family done this to her? One of her brothers? Or Mr Avalon himself? She didn't want to even think of the possibility of it being any of these people, but she stored the thought away in her mind, she would try to find out from Blair herself, and hope that Blair would tell her the truth. Taking Blair's pulse she noted down that it was much faster than usual, and she wrote it down on her arm, not having a paper arouond that was handy. "Can you describe what happened?" Charlie asked, Blair didn't really answer but Thorn gave a description, Maverick piped up that it didn't sound like a stomach bug and Charlie somewhat shook her head. "It could be, especially if she's had one for a few days, it would explain why she looks so pale and weak, and why she fainted if she's been throwing up a lot, her body has nothing to go on." She said, but something nagged her, like she agreed with Maverick even though he was diagnosing badly.

Charlie gently tapped Blair's arm so that she had her attention. 'Have you been having problems with going to the bathroom?" She asked quietly, not wanting to embarrass Blair more in front of the boys. Blair shook her head, no. That was even more likely then, that it wasn't a stomach bug. 'Have you eaten anything that you're allergic to? OR that could have food poisoning?" She asked, but again Blair shook her head no. "I would like to take a blood test, and do a physical exam to rule out appendecitis because if your appendix is about to burst we need to rush you to a hospital." She said, she looked at the two boys. "I'll need some privacy for this, would you two mind going outside? I"ll call you right back once I'm done." She said, watching as both boys seemed to want to fight it, but understanding the intimacy of a physical exam Charlie watched as they both agreed and reluctantly went outside of the infirmary to allow the two girls their privacy. For double measure Charlie made sure to pull the curtain around the bed so that if anyone else, or if the boys walked back in, there wouldn't be anything to see immediately. "Could you lie down? I'm just going to pull your shirt up to get a feel of your abdomen." She said, watching as Blair groggily followed her instructions. As she pulled her shirt up she noted even more bruising under there, and dread filled her stomach. As gently as she could she began to feel Blair's abdoment, her first focus was ruling out appendecitis, and she was quickly able to determine that it wasn't the case, then she just did a normal physical exam. "Blair... how did you get all these bruises?" She asked softly, making sure that the boys outside could not hear her. "Don't tell me it's just training, I know what training bruises look like and I've used that excuse for myself, if you aren't going to be honest then don't answer at all." She said quickly,, not wanting Blair to do what so many girls did when someone was a busing them. As she suspected Blair stayed silent. A sigh escaped Charlie's lips. "Did Christian do this to you?" She asked, and for the first time since she had gotten there Blair reacted quickly with a look of shock, Charlie wasn't entirely sure what the shock was, shock that Charlie would even suggest such a thing, or shock that Charlie had figured it out. From her experience though she suspected it was either a mix of the both, ,or Blair was shocked that Charlie would accuse Christian of anything. "Don't worry I'm not accusing him, I just want to make sure you're safe. I know how much you care for him." She said, watching as Blair relaxed just a little bit. Charlie didn't think the majority of these were Christian in that case, there were some that were in... interesting places that could very well be passionate, similar to what Caspian used to give her when he was being too rough, but others were much like the bruises she received from Jeremy,, they were targeted,, they were purposeful.

Charlie could also see that in the recent past someone had done similar examinations on Blair. There were marks from blood tests, or - she hoped not - things being put into Blair's body. "I'm going to do a blood test now, rule out anything super dangerous and check for some things." She said, and watched as Blair sort of numbly sat there, as if she'd been removed of a soul, and was now a casing of who she once was. Charlie went away and grabbed all of the stuff, coming back into the curtained area she didn't even have to ask as Blair gave her her arm to draw the blood from. "Has someone taken blood from you recently? You have similar marks... and I don't want to draw blood from you if you're already lacking." She asked, Blair seemed to resist wanting to tell her, but eventually said that she hadn't had any blood taken from her in the last day or so. The wording made Charlie fear that someone had been taking blood from her at some point. 'Okay,, this will sting a little, I'm gonna take enough so I can really check a bunch of things okay? As soon as I'm done you can lie down and I'll get you something more to drink." She said, since Blair had easily downed the water that the boys had given her already. She gently inserted the needle into Blair's arm and began to draw out blood. She might have done more if she didn't see the pale sick way that Blair looked, and she stopped it early. She hadn't taken so much blood as to be dangerous as of yet, but she could see that Blair was fading. "This should be fine. Here, let me get you a bucket." She said, taking the needle out, pressing the spot with one hand while she disposed of the needle with the other, and then with one hand grabbed a bucket she'd placed nearby for this very reason. No sooner had she passed the bucket to Blair then Blair was throwing up again. Charlie was not bothered, she was sure Blair was embarrassed but she had seen so much worse that throwing up really wasn't a problem for her. While Blair was finishing, she wrapped her arm and put the blood samples in the area where she would examine them shortly. She grabbed a box of crackers, a glass of water and some nausea pills while she was there and came back. "Here, have this." She said, passing the glass of water and pills. "The pills are made from ginger, so they should stop the nausea or help you feel a bit better." She said, watching as Blair quickly downed the pills and the water. "Here's some crackers, I used to find them easy to eat when I was nauseous, and I can tell you need food, so please eat as many as you like, I have heaps." She said. "Lie down if you're tired, I'm just going to check the blood now." She said. She looked over at the door and opened it. "I'm done with the examination now, you two can come back in, but please let her rest, she's very weak." She said very softly to them. She walked over to her laboratory area and again pulled another curtain so she could focus as she checked the blood samples she had taken. She managed to rule out most of the most dangerous things that she had been worried about,, like cancer. Looking at what she had left she suddenly had a thought to try one last check, having not thought about it before but suddenly realizing a very simple explanation for Blair's symptoms. She hoped she was wrong, but she tested it anyway. As she saw the result come up she sighed slowly, sinking into her chair. Pulling open the curtain she walked over to where Blair was resting, and saw everyone turn to her. 'Blair, can I talk to you privately? I think I've figured out what is causing this." She said, trying to word it as b est as she could. She looked at the boys, hoping they'd take the hint and go outside without having to be asked again.

Interacting with: Maverick, Blair WanderLust. WanderLust. Thorn Sanctuaryforall1 Sanctuaryforall1

Initiate
mood
mood over here.
outfit
outfit over here.
mentions
Aya.

Aya had simply let the quiet fill the air for a bit between them. Aya wasn’t one who often bothered with others, not when she already had Cas and Griffon as her main companions. However there were clear signs that Shayla was in need of someone right now even if the other raven haired young woman didn’t want the help. Now usually being told a few times and hearing an icy voice would have Aya leaving said person alone yet she didn’t think it would be wise in this case. Having glimpsed a small bit of Shayla revealed someone who was paler even then herself. This was an unhealthy white the kind that meant blood loss or some sort of trigger that set the body into a medical state. Though from what seemed to be Shayla swirling wiping away at something that looked red in appearance she had to assume it was another nosebleed like the previous day just not as intense. Most people would find this very concerning however there was also the fact that maybe Shayla was having a reaction to the testing injections. Since it seemed so far that after or during the testing these symptoms would arise. Now if Aya really thought about it she would probably realize that wasn’t the case however she also knew that Shayla seemed to care about privacy. She would respect that, not allowing any thoughts about what was occurring other than the fact that Shayla at least needed help home.

Aya was hoping bringing up Cas would help ease the other female, having known that the two had hooked up at least once before. She also thought she had often seen Shayla soften whenever Cas came into the room or was mentioned even if it was only for a second. The silence seemed to drag on again before Shayla cut in that she wasn’t any of Cas or Aya’s concern.”You can say that but it won’t prevent people from caring about you. Or at the very least being concerned when something is clearly wrong.”she said calmly and quietly fighting pound sounds were not what Shayla needed right now. It was funny Shayla and Cas were rather similar in certain regards that being their want to keep some if not all people at arm's length. Aya knew Cas kept many secrets to herself and she would not fault Cas for that. Aya herself had a few secrets that she wasn’t sure she’d ever reveal to Cas more out of shame than anything. If she had to really compare them to something, Cas and Shayla reminded Aya of street cats who are frightened, hostile, and wary of all things around them. They could either remain hostile forever or warm up to the attention they were receiving. Aya had broken through with Cas. Could she do the same with Shayla? She would at least try for some form of friendship. When Shayla stepped further out trying to stand tall and confident she already seemed to be stumbling. The clear exhaustion that her body was dealing with was noticeable almost immediately.

She listened as Shayla stated she was going home instead of staying at the barracks. Aya wasn’t really surprised by that statement as many people didn’t like staying here anyways. She watched until suddenly Shayla seemed to slam against the wall, her shoulder and arm supporting her weight that wanted to crumple. A growl of frustration seemed to come from her before suddenly Aya found herself moving forward moving so she could bare some of Shayla’s weight making it easier for the sickly young woman to move. When she started to speak again that’s when Aya cut her off.”Lev will miss you if you end up not coming home. In this state you might pass out on the street. So I’ll help you home then leave you be.”she said finally getting Shayla to reluctantly agree. So with careful steps she helped her out of the building then once Shayla seemed to be more stable moved away so she could walk on her own. However she stayed close enough just in case anything were to happen. Once at the apartment Aya took the keys unlocking the door for Shayla as the other seemed to still have her head swirling a bit.”Let me get you a glass of water. I want to make sure you at least drink something before I go.”she said before greeting Lev who had come forward hearing their voices.
coded by natasha.

Vex

Mood: Secret

Interactions: Lainey

As she made her way down the block Vex clocked a new toy making its way down the street towards her. Elaine, better known as Lainey, Covington. The girl had a name Vex knew well but not for the reasons Lainey might think. Yes, the Covington’s were quite influential in Erudite thus they had dealings here and there with all sorts of figures. Vex just happened to be privy to some of that information as well as the backgrounds of each member of the Covington family, their schedules, their hobbies, the way they took their tea…everything. While they hadn’t been targets yet part of her training was to be prepared always, thus Vex had wanted to be as knowledgable as she could about the Covington’s and families like theirs on the off chance she ever needed to eliminate or persuade them. Of course, as Lainey approached she would never have mentioned or hinted towards any of this. As far as Lainey was concerned the two of them had never really met, except during training, so they had no reason to truly know or be familiar with one another now. Still, as Lainey drew closer Vex continued to pretend to be on her phone and took advantage of a perfect situation for the two of them to bump into one another.

As shoulders collided Vex stumbled back a few steps and reached her hand to her shoulder as though shocked or in slight pain despite not really feeling anything at all. “Holy shit! Oh, are you okay?” She gasped and let out a soft chuckle as though she were trying to hide her embarrassment at her own reaction. “Yeah, that’s right.” Vex nodded and rolled her shoulder a few times as she smoothed her jacket from where the impact occurred. “And you’re…Lainey? Sorry, I am awful with names.” She apologized and looked around. “I’m also apparently shit at watching where I’m going. Sorry, I should have stayed in my lane.” Her voice carried a self-deprecating laugh as she locked eyes with Lainey again. The way she stood, spoke, and even down to her body language gave off the appearance of a young woman trying her best to fit in and make good out of an awkward situation. Years of expert training allowed her to fill any role she might need at the drop of a hat, a useful talent for a living weapon such as herself

“Not to be weird but are you Lainey Covington, like of the Covington family?” Vex asked once Lainey had replied. She kept her demeanor uncertain yet kind, the way someone would if they were trying to be polite while also trying to make sure they didn’t sound like an idiot. “Sorry, I must sound like I live under a rock by asking that.” She apologized and shook her head. “I just…well when I lived in Erudite I was home-schooled for a long time so I never really got to put a face to the name.” She explained, the story fitting with any documents one might find if they tried to look Vex up in Erudite records. It was amazing what Dr. Munro and his associates could do and the lengths they would go to for their plans to reach fruition. Seeing as she had a bit of free time on her hands Vex figured chatting with Lainey might help her to seem more engrained with the initiates. She could play the part of being friends with some of the less insufferable ones at least and Lainey wasn’t a horrible option. Plus it would make sense that she might gravitate towards someone she used to share a faction with.

WanderLust. WanderLust.

code by Stardust Galaxy

a309bc657f2d83cf8b4db915320ba1848a0be22b.gif

Phillip Parks || 19 || Soldier/Trainer || Dauntlessborn

"Well I certainly hope they get ideas, otherwise I'm doing everything wrong." Phillip said in reply to Bloom, as he looped his arm with hers and stood up straight for once, looking down into Bloom's minty green eyes he noted how wonderfully they stared up at him, so wide and full of joy and life, how full they were, how much depth they had within them. A sudden blush formed across his cheek as he stared for far too long in silence, before he motioned towards the nearby eateries that were around. "Ahem, might I suggest the "Underground Joint?"" He swung his arm majestically and dramatically towards an alleyway that was dimly lit up and clearly had music playing down below. Curiosity and interest sparked Bloom's eyes and he grinned. "If that isn't a yes then I don't know what is." He said, pulling her along softly with him as he walked towards the alleyway. Of course Phillip had been here before, he had been basically everywhere in Dauntless before, and this was somewhere he had always enjoyed going. The music was lively and exciting, and clearly had an atmosphere of movement and energy, the lights were bright and there was a surprising amount of greenery down here, making it likely the healthiest place to breathe in Dauntless. Phillip waltzed in happily with Bloom in tow beside him, and he looked around for his favourite spot, grinning when he saw it was empty. "Yes!" He v erbally celebrated as he quickly pulled Bloom over. Of course the room did not have windows, as it was underground, but it was covered in exciting posters and pictures that gave it an exotic and exciting feel. It had a reputation of changing the music often, being jazz one week to being hip-hop the next, and likewise most of the seated areas in the place were different styles of art and artistic expression. The particular one that he dragged Bloom to was very familiar to him, and it was particularly iconic. The area looked like a unicorn had just vomited out a rainbow all over this area, the tables, seats, lights, floor and art around it were all highly colourful in design, and often had strange designs that differed to the norm. There were funky plants that looked like aliens, and the cushions on the bench seats were all different sizes and textures as well. Bloom made some sort of note that it was particularly colourful, and he laughed, "Oh yeah, it's why I love it, kind of makes me feel like I'm high without actually being so." He said, getting an understanding nod from Bloom. Phillip did not get high anymore, but he did envy some of the feelings he' d had when he used to get high. The colourful nature of the world, the extreme senses and the way everything was so excitingly overstimulating. This was like that but in a safe way,, he knew he was safe and wasn't going to accidentally start taking drugs again. Pulling out a seat for Bloom he let her sit before sitting opposite her and picking up the menu. The menu was also specific to the area, and although the menu items were the same, each area had a special food and drink item you could get in that area. For this one it was as expected, a dessert and a cocktail. "Now I know you usually have dessert after the meal, but I absolutely advise you get the "Unicorn's Surprise."" He said, watching as Bloom read the description for the dessert item "And trust me, the Pegasus' Wings are also amazing" He said, pointing to the cocktail in the drinks menu. \

They ordered those two things to start, and while they waited for the dessert they continued looking over the menu for what they wanted. "Honestly, I love burgers and this place does a mean chicken burger, I think I'll get that, what are you going to get?" He asked Bloom, putting his menu down and taking a sip of the extremely colourful cocktail that had arrived while they were talking, sipping it he tasted the sweet berry flavour and the tang of the citrus, and then of course the heat of the alcohol. He knew cocktails were an easy way to get drunk, mixing alcohol and tasting so wonderful, but he always limited himself to one cocktail,, ,especially when he was out and about and not at home. He listened as Bloom pondered what she would have, and eventually they both ordered once the waiter had brought them the dessert they had ordered. The "Unicorn's Surprise" was an ice cream sundae that was scooped in such a way to look somewhat like a unicorn, with a cone as the horn and then covered in sprinkles and sauces and wafers. Phillip dug right in and immediately put a hand to his head as he felt a brain freeze and doubled over as Bloom chuckled to herself and Honey immediately got up and began to lick his face incessantly trying to help. It took about half a minute for him to recover and he looked up at Bloom with fake hurt in his eyes "How dare you laugh at my pain.." He said, holding a hand to his heart before wincing and holding his head again, sipping his cocktail to warm it up a little bit. "This place is awesome though right? LIke we should come here all the time, you can try out all the different spots, this one is my favourite obviously, but I also like the disco area and the spanish area." He said, pointing to where they were in the restaurant. He had noted that Bloom had been slightly more quiet than usual, and he figured she was thinking about Charlie, Blair and all that stuff. "Is everything okay? I saw Charlie go to the changing rooms with you, and... well... when she found me and Mav it was like she was terrified, I thought she was being chased by someone. I was going to offer to go to the infirmary with her but I'm really glad Mav offered to go, honestly sometimes Charlie looks more like a Ghost than Ghost does. Did she tell you anything?" Bloom reacted quite shocked at Phillip's sentence, and Phillip gathered that meant Charlie had said something. But Bloom wouldn't tell him any details. "I understand you can't share some things with me. But is she safe?" He asked. The hesitation in Bloom's voice was all Phillip needed to feel his muscles flame up with desire to protect those who were less able to protect themselves. "Who the hell would scare Charlie like that? I know Dauntless men are dicks but Charlie is... well.. impossibly nice." He said. "Just please tell me the person scaring her isn't the same person making her happy? You know what I mean, she was so happy this morning and I've never seen Charlie that girlishly happy before. There's someone involved... Tell me they aren't the same person scaring her?" Again Bloom didn't give any information but she affirmed that Phillip didn't need to watch out for some secret lover to go and murder.

"What a pity, I simply love romantic murder mysteries." He said with little emotion, showing the fact that although he spoke the truth, he was also honouring the fact that he did NOT enjoy real life mysteries such as this. He felt frustrated at the thought of someone hurting or scaring poor Charlie. She was such a formidable woman to be able to live in a faction that was so contrary to her nature, and yet she lived it with compassion and love and peace and... He was shaken out of his thoughts as their meals arrived, and quickly began to demolish the melting ice-cream sundae he'd had previously so that he could start on his chicken burger. Honey placed one paw on his lap and Phillip looked at her, saw her big dark brown eyes, and melted. "Well, good thing I ordered a burger with two patties." He said, as he pulled one of the patties out of his burger and gave it to Honey, patting her head affectionately as she took it and lay down to eat it. "You two are expensive dates aren't you, maybe I should only take one of you at a time." He said, shaking his head at the two girls and laughing softly. He felt a warm feeling on his neck, the thought of taking Bloom on a date was.... nerve racking. This was basically a date, but he always played it off casual, fun. There was no formal question of dating, no expectation of romantic interest although... enough tension to fill that gap. It was light-hearted and casual, nothing committed. It was just as Phillip liked it, but also... he did like Bloom, he enjoyed her presence and had about as much fun as he'd ever had when he was around her. He'd been besotted when he'd met her, but nothing beside flirtatious comedy had occured between them. He was awkward with anything that involved relationships, and didn't know or desire starting anything that involved strenuous activity. Having a relationship sounded tough, he'd watched Christian fall apart with Blair, he'd seen his brothers with their long term girlfriends and how much struggle that could bring. He didn't know if he was the kind of guy who would stick it out, or who would run away. He didn't want to run away but... that was something he'd always done and he honestly couldn't rule it out. "How's your food? You feel like dancing?" He asked, two very different questions, one spurred by his own delicious burger, the other because the music change got his body twitching to dance.

Interacting with: Bloom Sanctuaryforall1 Sanctuaryforall1

Briony Avalon
Initiate
location here
mood here
outfit here
interactions

Aubrey, Chris Nerdy. Nerdy.

There was something so forbidden and exciting about kissing Chris it was like being tempted into doing something you know you shouldn’t. The touches and caresses felt from not only Chris’s rougher fingers but the mingling from Aubrey’s more softer and slender fingers sent fire coursing through her body. It felt like she had downed another shot as the fingers,hands, and bodies sent more flames licking through her body much like the alcohol that thrummed in her body like blood. Christian was so different from his brother in many ways and right now those differences were clear yet blurred at the same time. It felt comfortable kissing him like what it had felt like with Phillip yet it also felt like dancing with fire. Had the alcohol not fully consumed her she would have thought better of this. Even if she had a crush on Chris she never would have tried anything with him when sober at least not any time soon considering Chris and Blair had just broken up. There was also the fact her twin was currently missing yet all of those rational thoughts were nowhere to be seen as her brain focused on one thing only fun. If Christian had pulled away at any point maybe her mind would have sobered up enough to stop yet he like herself seemed into it. Their lips went from light caresses against one another’s to fully tasting one another a mix of bitter and sweet mingling from the alcohol they had previously been downing. The heat began building more until finally Aubrey and Briony slipped off their shirts joining Chris in shirtless activities. They both had sports bras on still which kept them decent enough while still fueling the imagination of what was hidden underneath. When Aubrey seemed to slump to the side, seeming to be asleep, Chris and Briony’s touches seemed to blaze more until finally Briony whispered into his ear. She was giggling softly as she suggested they find somewhere more private. The two carefully yet clumsily got off the couch with Briony leading the way after covering Aubrey with a shirt. That's how anyone would know Chris and Briony were both very drunk as they would never just abandon Aubrey like that. Once outside they seemed to stumble a bit both laughing before Briony swung herself onto Christian’s back. “Charge mighty steed.”she said with a giggle in which Chris obliged by carrying her rather easily even in his drunken state. Oh the slight stumbling made things even more fun as they both laughed.

When they finally made it to the Avalon estate they made their way towards the part of the house in which Briony’s room would be located. Chris seemed to be doing well at first dragging them up towards the terrace yet they tumbled down towards the ground moments later. Their laughter left them like hyenas cackling before it was silenced only because their lips were meeting once more as they rolled around. A mixture of play and making out happened upon the grass before the two finally got up once more ready to try again. “My champion, let's do this.”she said once more climbing upon Chris’s back. Her eyes taking in the rippling of his muscles she also felt them under her own hands and thighs as he hoisted them up onto the terrace at last before they snuck through the window. Once within her room she let him look around a little seeing his eyes seem curious which was understandable since he wasn't often in her room. However soon she pressed her lips against his neck placing soft ticklish kisses along it since she had perfect access while being on his back. Suddenly she felt herself being pulled forward before being slammed onto her bed , cushioning her easily while also allowing her to bounce a little from the force. She gave a sound of delight as her excitement coursed through her even heavier than before as Chris began prowling his way towards her. The situation was like never before. Not often did anyone have Briony as the prey yet here Chris was having her cornered and tamed like a rabbit. She wasn’t sure how or why it happened but suddenly a game of tag was taking place she leapt and bound around her room laughing. It honestly felt like no one else existed in the moment as they played so many things scattered about the floor knocked over in their clumsy play. A clumsy move on her part gave Christian his advantage as he pounced leading them both down onto the floor where panting slightly Briony lay under him. Her eyes looking up into his seemed to be lost in the desire and playfulness that sparked in them like stars in the night sky. What little bit of hesitation there might have been was fully gone as mouths and bodies connected giving in fully to their desire. The little voices that might have told them this was wrong were crushed down deep inside as the two became blissfully unaware of anyone or anything outside of the two of them. The night gave way to what might lead to guilt in the morning however right now and in this moment all that existed were two people who were completely lost in one another.

The blonde felt a heavy arm upon her as light seemed to be filtering into her room. She felt a groggy head pounding a bit and still in all honesty a bit foggy as she laid against Chris’s side. His heat pulled her back under the spell of sleep as her head was tucked under his chin. Her blonde hair splayed out on his chest as well as she curled further into him. A part of her mind was flaring that there shouldn’t be anyone in her room with her what was happening yet the sleep kept her under like a prisoner. The tightening of arms around her didn’t help matters in waking up as the warmth was now more comfortable. The only thing she knew was the heat was nice since some parts of her felt cold from the exposed air. A light blanket covering hers and Chris’s lower half giving them some decency since Briony’s chest was hidden against Chris from the angle they were laying and the fact he had his arms around her.

coded by natasha.

Thorn

Mood: Worried

Interactions: Blair, Mav, Charlie

Thorn’s stomach was twisted into knots as he stood waiting for Charlie to determine what was happening to Blair. He felt responsible for her poor condition despite having no part to play in which she was ill. Should he have sought medical attention for her sooner? He was just barely catching up with her when she began to get violently ill but he should have pressed the idea of having her examined from the moment he saw her. People who go missing for lengths of time should always get examined…right? He wasn’t sure, no one had really gone missing before in his life except when his father and uncle were on a two to three-day bender but Thorn had never been too worried about them during those times. This round of initiation was the first time he was truly experiencing people he knew or had come to know, going missing. Finn, Bella, Dante, and others had all vanished. Some of them had been found…dead, others never heard from again. It was so incredibly lucky that Blair had managed to resurface after being gone for so many days but her luck seems to have ended there.

“I hope she is okay…” He muttered to Mav as he hung his head, his brow furrowed with worry as the concern pulled the corners of his mouth down. “It all happened so fast.” He shook his head. He had already explained the situation from his perspective to both Charlie and Mav but he continued to play it over and over again in his head. He couldn’t help but wonder if he should have done something different. “I should have called Charlie the moment I found her.” He admitted and clearly felt responsible for Blair in some way. He watched her as she came in and out of consciousness and stood nearby to help if needed. He wanted Blair and Charlie to know that he was there to be an extra set of hands and support both of them. Thorn was glad Mav was there too. He hadn’t seen the instructor in so long that he had honestly worried Mav had gone missing as well. By the state of him, it was clear he had seen better days but was overall in fine condition. Perhaps there was hope that those still missing would return just like Blair and Mav had. It might be foolish but in times like these looking for a little hope wasn’t the worst idea, he knew Bloom would say the exact same thing if she were here.

Every once in a while the young freckled male would step forward and do his best to help Blair if she needed anything while Charlie ran her tests. He wasn’t an awful caregiver and tried to read the young blonde’s body language to determine what she might need before she over-exerted herself trying to obtain it. Eventually, Thorn had managed to make his way back to just standing by the table Blair lay on, not stepping away or returning to his spot beside Mav. “Anything you need just let me know.” He told her as he passed her the glass of water again. If she was sick then dehydration would be one of her greatest enemies. He had the utmost faith in Charlie that she would figure out what was wrong with Blair and how to best help her. Charlie wasn’t the sort of person to ever leave someone in need and she would pour over the results until she knew exactly what was wrong with Blair and how to help her.

When Charlie pulled back the curtain Thorn turned and did his best to read her face with his good eye. By the way, her gaze darted towards him and Mav it didn’t take much for Thorn to recognize Charlie was quietly asking them to leave. “Hey Mav, let’s step outside so I can fill you in on some stuff.” He came up with the lame excuse on the spot and gave Blair his best reassuring glance before departing, holding the door open for Mav as he went. The worry was back in his gut again, stabbing like tiny daggers as he couldn’t help but think the worst as he prayed to anyone listening that Blair would be told it was just a stomach bug and she would be fine in a day or two.

WanderLust. WanderLust. Nerdy. Nerdy.

tumblr_pfjoj0U1Es1tod5t3_540.gif

Elaine "Lainey" Covington // 16 // Erudite Transfer// Initiate
Interacting With: Vex Sanctuaryforall1 Sanctuaryforall1

Lainey couldn’t help but laugh as she and Vex struggled to recover from their collision, each girl blaming their own clumsiness. “No, really I’m fine.” She smiled softly, all the while her eyes were scanning over the other erudite transfer. Lainey had learned fairly early on in life to be careful about who she trusted. Dauntless was as cut throat as any of the factions, but as little as she trusted Dauntless, she was even more wary of a fellow erudite. She wanted to trust Vex, her allies in her new faction were few and far between - and a fellow erudite transfer might make for a good friend. She wondered if maybe Cas knew Vex a bit better than she did, and made a mental note to bring up her encounter to her best friend later. For a moment, the dark haired girl allowed herself to believe that her new dauntless reputation allowed her to be just “Lainey” - but her hopes were cut short a moment later.

She practically flinched when Vex asked her if she was Lainey Covington of the Covington family, and stared back with guilty eyes, “Guilty as charged.” Lainey hadn’t spoken to her parents or her sister since the choosing ceremony. Her older brother had been the only one to make the journey to dauntless during their family visit day. The sound of her last name left a bitter taste in her mouth now. To say her parents had been disappointed with her decision to join dauntless was an understatement. While it was not uncommon for children to defect from the factions they were born into, Lainey had been born with a silver spoon in her mouth. Never wanting for anything, the finest tutors, training, an ungodly amount of clothes and accessories. She had had everything her heart desired, except perhaps the type of love one was normally afforded by their family. Lainey knew her life was transactional, her parents had given her everything in the hopes that she would bring honor and accolades to the family name… but she had fallen short on her side of the deal.

“Believe me, you weren’t missing much.” Lainey huffed when Vex began to explain that she had been homeschooled. While Lainey certainly had a good head on her shoulders, she had often found school trivial and her fellow students were lacking in any social graces. “Professors with a god complex and boys with more hormones than brain cells.” she rolled her Caribbean blue eyes with a soft chuckle. Vex laughed with her, and Lainey found that she was actually enjoying talking to the other girl, much to her own surprise. “Hey are you doing anything right now? Would you maybe want to grab a drink or something?” Lainey had no plans of her own that night, if Vex turned her down she would just be going home to lay on the couch and read. Thankfully though, it seemed Vex was free to join her, so the two girls began to make their way towards one of the many crowded bars that littered the dauntless complex.​

daniella-e1628551745696.jpg

Cassidy "Cas" Wickham || 16 || Initiate || Erudite Transfer

Cassidy was frozen in her spot. too terrified to move, this man, this monster that Ghost was interacting with was like nothing she'd ever seen. He towered over Ghost like a giant, and from where she was sitting she was certain he was the tallest and biggest person she'd ever known. His hair waved in the wind and looked like the mane of an angry horse, his muscles rippled and his voice was like that of a Greek or Roman god who had some supernatural ability to make their voices boom with power. She could see him being a god of some kind, appearing human but with unnatural proportions and power. How Ghost was able to play vocally with him was more impressive and sexy than anything Cassidy had witnessed Ghost doing before. This was literal death that he was dancing with, and he was dancing fine. Cassidy was not sure what she should do, she couldn't bear get her phone out to call for help, she couldn't risk Jeremy seeing her, because she knew that in a moment he could kill her. She couldn't jump in and help, she was no match for this man and all the strength he had. She may have prided herself in her abilities in physical combat, but when it was such a big difference of size she knew she had a high percentage of dodging his attacks, but she knew that unless she had a sharp knife or a gun she was no match for him. She listened carefully though, taking all the words into account, picking up a lot of information. They both spoke about a girl, Charlotte, but Cassidy had not met anyone of that name as of yet, she knew the medic's name was Charlie but she couldn't imagine someone so girly changing their name to a more tom-boy like nickname, so she assumed they were talking about someone else. She couldn't quite figure out the relationship that was happening between them, Charlotte was someone's girlfriend? Or daughter? Cassidy wished she could hear more, but she was in far too much danger to move any closer to hear any better. All she could do was watch and hope that Ghost did not die here, she knew her clock was ticking fast, but she also knew her mother couldn't come for her if she was around others, especially those from Dauntless like Jeremy. No, in a way she was safe, whilst being in much danger. As Ghost and Jeremy fought, or rather as she had put it before, danced, she watched as Ghost maneuvered so beautifully, like a gazelle or a swan, and Jeremy moved like a tiger, large and bulstrous but not lacking dexterity as much as someone might guess. His movements were precis. She watched as Ghost managed to get Jeremy well over the eye, and she unclenched her fist slightly, hoping that Ghost would be able to get away, but unfortunately that was not his time. Jeremy got him, Cassidy watched as the insane weapon that Jeremy held with him came into contact with Ghost.

Was that it then? Was Ghost going to be killed here by the leader of Dauntless and Cassidy was the only one to witness it? Was she going to have to find this girl they were talking about? What was her name... Charlotte? Her ears pricked though, as she heard the sound of another person approaching, not her thankfully, but the duo fighting. Distracted for a moment she checked her surroundings, finally seeing a body sneaking over, and she held hope that someone had come to help Ghost in his fight. Though... a sudden sound caused Cassidy to look at what was happening, and she watched as Ghost had the upper hand at last, holding his gun out. Just shoot it Ghost, stop milking it. She thought, knowing he had little choice. It was all too late though, as the person who had been sneaking up was not there to help Ghost, but rather to help Jeremy. She winced as the lady struck at Ghost, and Ghost fell into a crumpled heap. What happened next was two people exchanging money, and after a small conversation that was too quiet for Cassidy to hear, the lady walked away, while Jeremy scooped Ghost up and began to walk off in his own direction. Is this why Ghost had been fired? He was in super deep water with the leader of Dauntless?? Cassidy gnawed at her bottom lip as she tried to think of what she could do. She had some simple weapons on her, knives and throwing stars, but she hadn't grabbed a gun, she'd had a gun up where she'd hidden with Griffon, because she was in Griffon's body and was meant to remain that way... But now she was without a gun. She couldn't face Jeremy, she couldn't save Ghost, and the way they talked about it she was fearful that Jeremy was going to dump Ghost's body in a river or something like that. So there was only one thing to do. Tracing the lady who'd left with her eyes, Cassidy stalked her until they reached the buildings, but not entered into the street yet. She had very little time to prepare, and she was mentally telling herself what she would do. She needed to make it flawless and quickly. "Excuse me!!" Cassidy called out suddenly, raising her vocal pitch slightly, holding her throat as if she couldn't breathe, and stumbling forward. The lady stepped backwards, no longer finishing her walk into the town. Before she could say anything Cassidy lurched forward as if falling, and as her fingers came into contact with this woman she felt her stomach lurch as the feeling of entering into her began, and she felt her soul leave her body and in an instant she was in the body of a stranger. As soon as she could see herself through new eyes she swung hard with her right arm, hitting her body with a strong and direct hit to the neck. She watched as her body jolted then crumbled like a rag doll. Breathing heavily she was unable to process the fact that it had worked, that she had genuinely done that, she had transferred into this stranger and knocked her own body out. "Fuck Ghost you better be worth it." She mumbled to herself.

Cassidy was easily able to lift her body up onto the back of this woman, this woman was heavy set, much taller than Cassidy, and was a fair amount stronger, though unfortunately had no grace like Cassidy did. She didn't want to bring her body because she was scared of damaging it, and she didn't want this other stranger to wake up in her body, but she had little choice. She needed an expendable body to use if she needed to fight Jeremy, and she needed her old body nearby so she knew it was safe. It was hella dangerous, and she'd never done this before, but... surely it would be worth it. Changing her walk to a trot she kept her eyes out for Jeremy and Ghost. It didn't take long to find him, he wasn't running, he was taking his time, and he was so damn tall that you could see him from a mile away. "Jeremy!" She called, hoping for goodness sake that this woman knew his name and that this wouldn't be weird. The look of cold hatred that sat on his face permanently sent cold shivers down her spine and she shivered as she trotted up to him. The biggest thing about pretending to be someone else was always to remain confident. His eyes widened as he saw she was carrying someone, and she dropped her body down on the ground, unceremoniously to show that she didn't care about it, but making sure it was on the grass so it didn't rip her skin terribly. She knew when she eventually transferred back she would be in a lot of pain already, two transfers and being knocked out was not going to be fun for her body, no amount of drugs would help her in that case. "I found this girl watching us, thought I should bring her to you, she might be in cahoots with the bastard." She said, motioning to Ghost's body that Jeremy was holding. Please drop him, please don't hurt my body, please drop him, please don't hurt my body. She said. Jeremy seemed perplexed, and there was an uncomfortable silence for far too long, before he finally threw Ghost's body down so that it bounced nearby to her own. One part down, she just needed him not to hurt her own body. "Do you know her?" She asked, Jeremy walked over to look, and she used his incredible stature to hide herself behind him, fishing through her pockets and bags to look for anything useful. One item was particularly useful, another looked promising. He examined her body for a while, and she shivered as she watched him touch it and move her limbs and look it over, as long as he didn't kill her body, she was theoretically fine. She sat beside Ghost now, since Jeremy was taking his time and wasn't looking this direction, and she got out a vial of something, she expected it was either a drug scent or some oil, and she opened it, plopping it by Ghost's nose to hopefully wake him up. Please wake up. She said, whilst her other hand nimbly pocketed his gun. Sure enough the smell must have worked, as Ghost's body flinched in reaction to it, and she quickly moved the bottle away, covering his mouth as his eyes flickered open. She wasn't sure if he was actually awake or if this was purely reactionary to the smell, but she was hoping to keep him quiet. It didn't work though, as he made some sound, and Jeremy spun around. "WHAT the hell are you doing? Get away from him." He demanded, his voice rolling like thunder. "He was starting to wake, I was tryna knock him out again, unless you want the honours." She said with a grin, getting a curious smile from Jeremy as he walked over. Again, as soon as his body had turned so that she was now behind him, she slipped the gun underneath her own body on the ground, and then with a serum of who knows what in her hand she leapt up towards Jeremy, using all the strength in these unknown strangers legs, and stabbed his neck deeply with the syringe, attempting to push as much of whatever was in it into his body. Almost immediately she felt her body being flung off, and as she hit the ground she saw stars begin to float around her head. Instinct told her to switch back, but while she had an expendable body, she needed to use it. Fear spiked up within her though as she stood up, watching as Jeremy ran at her like a raging bull, and she squealed as he collided with her mid section, causing a wave of nausea to roll over her body. She just had to hold out a little longer, hopefully Ghost would run away. As a fist connected with this body she tried to struggle against it and move, but it was so hard to move quickly and well with a foreign body, and she was slow and groggy. She tried to fight back but it was little use. The pain was bearable but it was bad, she knew it would be worse in her body, but she hoped that when the time came for her to go back that she'd have the dexterity to run away, or dodge his attacks. Plus, her body had the gun. She looked back, trying to see where Ghost was, if he was still on the ground.

Interacting with: Ghost Aviator Aviator

Charlie_Rowe_05.jpg

Ghost // Male // Age 18 // Semi-Competent Thug // Erudite to Dauntless

Consciousness trickled back into Ghost like the sickly drip of an IV. At least, he thought it was the astringent bite of anesthesia he was smelling, but when the stench became too overpowering to ignore, his eyes pried apart of their own accord and landed on the empty vial rolling inches from his face. The second and third sensations that he became aware of, respectively, were the coldness of concrete beneath his belly, atop of which he lay sprawled. And then came the pain. It hammered through his pelvis so intensely that spots of darkness once again clouded Ghost’s vision, as if his battered body were desperately trying to pull itself back under the spell of sleep to escape the pain. He flinched, trying to shift onto his left, undamaged side to mitigate the pressure. Doing so pried a short yelp from him.
Then there was a hand over his face, fingers whispering against his lips as if to stifle the noise unsuccessfully. A pair of orbs like the sugared brown of a honeycomb swam before his eyes. Baby-fine strawberry bangs kissed the pale brows just above them, almost lost in an even paler face. Blessedly, Ghost’s confusion was almost enough to drown out the pain for a moment. “Bee?” he gasped incredulously, not knowing what the hell she was doing here… wherever that was, come to think of it. He didn’t know what he was doing here.
The unfinished question was muffled by the hand against his mouth, and even then, Ghost’s voice was as fragile as the last ember from a fire right before it snuffs itself out. Until now, Bee had always worn a sullen, dismissive expression in every instance that Ghost had seen her, mouth dipping down at the corners and gaze flat. He didn’t recognize this girl with eyes expanded in fear, nostrils flaring as she sucked in heavy breaths, her face slack. She shook her head at him in urgent little oscillations. Ghost didn’t know what the danger was, but whatever had rattled Bee was beginning to have a secondhand effect on him.
A gruff voice barked what was technically a question, but the intonation was so imperious that it sounded more like a command. Bee obediently scrambled to her feet, shuffling away from Ghost and out of his line of sight. Replacing it was a playground tilted on its side, swings suspended laterally in the air, slides twisting in curlicues, all of it cushioned by blue rubber mulch. The sticky late-July night was anything but cold, yet Ghost still shivered where he lay. The shivering only aggravated his hip, pain thrumming through him in a frenetic rhythm. He tried to remember what had caused it, but his head felt swampy, thoughts clumping together, and he abandoned the activity, instead hoping that he might sink back into the oblivion of sleep. Dark, amorphous shapes danced behind his closed eyelids. So close…
The night shattered with a bellow like a volcanic eruption. Ghost’s eyes flashed open, and he shoved himself halfway up from the ground, startled. Agony crushed him in a ruthless embrace. Something jabbed into his hip from the inside. Ghost’s stomach heaved, pressure climbed up his throat, and for a dangerous moment he thought he might vomit. But his nausea was quickly forgotten in the violent spectacle playing before his eyes. Bee’s feet dangled comically off the ground as she clung to Jeremy Daniels’s back, one arm wrapping his throat from behind for leverage. With another roar, Daniels slammed an elbow into her side, loosening her grip enough that he could pry her arm away from his neck. He flung her to the ground like a rotten piece of fruit. And then he descended on her with blows from powerful fists.
Watching them tussle—well, that was a misleading word; watching Daniels pummel the living hell out of Bee was a more accurate descriptor—the past hour came back to Ghost in a flash. Buying lull from Bee. Her offering to give him a free sample from a mysterious pen. Being ambushed by Daniels. Grabbing the gun and having Daniels at his mercy, only for Bee to attack him when his back was turned. If not for Bee, he wouldn’t have been in this mess. Not that Ghost had had any plan when he’d been pointing the gun at Daniels. He’d hesitated because he couldn’t justify killing Charlie’s father in cold blood. Whether Jeremy lived or died was her call to make after having endured so many years of abuse at his hand, and Ghost wouldn’t deny her justice by being the one to pull the trigger. Nonetheless, Bee had sabotaged his victory… And now, against all odds, she was seemingly defending Ghost. Unless Daniels had just decided to hurt her out of spite, for not upholding whatever deal she’d cut with him to his satisfaction.
Whatever the case, Ghost idly watched the beatdown for a few seconds, knowing that it was in his best interest to try to run away and hide while Daniels was distracted. But that was assuming he could run, and with the fiery anguish blazing through his hip and down his leg, just standing would be a challenge. To ensure his own safety, he’d have to eliminate the threat, dispatch Daniels, while he had the chance. But it was more than just that. As Ghost’s eyes fell on the knife that he’d wielded against Daniels, discarded several meters to his left, he couldn’t help but see Charlie in Bee’s place, shrinking beneath the unabated fury of her father’s powerful hands. Abuse that had left her a hollow shell of a person, shoulders rolled up high when she walked, as if to evade notice. And Ghost didn’t want that kind of helpless suffering inflicted on anyone, even if Bee’s motives were questionable.
Biting down on his lip to keep from crying out, Ghost dragged himself toward the silvery glint of the dagger he’d dropped. Using his elbows to army-crawl across the stone. Breathing fast and shallow. Wishing to be anywhere but here, on this night. He purposely avoided trying to stand until the dagger was in his grasp, because he seriously doubted that he had the strength and coordination not to topple over if he had to bend down right now. His fingers curled neatly around the divots in the handle meant for gripping, a small comfort for the pain about to come. Trying not to move any muscle that was unnecessary toward his goal no matter how infinitesimal, Ghost knelt with his uninjured leg. And then, focusing on Daniels’s flying fists as if that would distract him from the pain, he pushed into a standing position, mindful to keep as much weight on his strong side as possible. He must have been mostly successful, because only a few tears leaked out from his eyes, and he swallowed the scream threatening to rise to his lips. Whatever damage had been done to his hip, Ghost could only hope that he hadn’t been relegated to this frail shamble for the rest of his life.
The moments and the steps passed in a sickening blur until he was standing within a few feet of Daniels’s hunched form. Directly behind him, with the knife poised to strike. Icy terror gripped him, that Ghost had taken too long and his adversary would turn around at any moment. Or Bee would already be dead, beaten to a bloody pulp by the time he reached her. Ghost had never been overly fazed by acts of violence, but the gore fest that was her face caused his stomach to clench. Her jaw was clearly broken, dangling at a grotesque angle, her eyes reduced to indiscernible welts that resembled put-out cigarettes. Black hatred simmering inside him, Ghost raised the knife, prepared to puncture Daniels through the heart from behind. Hatred was black, but justice was red. And sometimes, when fate defied reason, you had to take justice for yourself.
A blur of motion, and Daniels spun around. Too late, Ghost realized that his shadow had revealed his approach. He deftly caught Ghost’s forearm during its downward stroke, halting the point of the blade a fraction of an inch from his chest. To his credit, Daniels’s face moved about as much as a slab of stone as he processed his own near miss with death. Ghost tried to pull back, beat Daniels with his other fist, wriggle free in any way that he could, but it was to no avail. Daniels’s crushing grip impossibly tightened until the knife tumbled from Ghost’s limp fingers. “You’d stab a man in the back?” he asked in a bored voice, like a fast food worker asking if you want fries with that.
Ghost’s lip curled. “You forfeited your right to an honorable end when you laid hands on a little girl,” he retorted, deliberately leaving his accusation vague. He wasn’t sure of the exact extent of the abuse Daniels had inflicted on Charlie, and Ghost was almost certain that she hadn’t been the only one. But Daniels would know, and those were his sins to live with. And hopefully die with, too.
“Presumptuous sack of shit,” Daniels snorted. “What would a half-assed thug know about honor? You’re not Dauntless. Just a fucking imposter.” He raised a hand so swiftly Ghost almost didn’t see it coming, until he’d been swatted across the face. Ghost made no attempts to be brave or stoic. He screamed as he fell backward, such pain coursing through his hip that he thought his head might explode.
“No,” Daniels seethed, his chest visibly expanding and contracting with each tempered breath he took, as if it took all his discipline not to leap on Ghost and give him the merciless beating that he’d bestowed upon Bee, and probably so many others before her. “Dying by my hand is the highest honor you could ever hope to amount to. You’ll bleed out alone in the night, in the dirty streets that birth and breed you fucking rats like a virus.” He stomped on Ghost’s hand. As if from a distance, he heard a popping sound, the kind of sound that is only desirable in a kitchen or in a fighting ring, and abhorrent everywhere else. Ghost would have screamed again if he had the breath left in his lungs. He did not. His senses were flickering off, falling silent, like a blackout spreading through a city.
“And the world will not miss you,” Daniels spat. Still with his boot pinning Ghost’s hand, he knelt, scooped up the knife that Ghost had tried and failed to kill him with. The dagger with the silver edge and black core, the circle in the center of the hilt where it belled out to its widest point. With a strength made of iron, obsession, and rage, Jeremy Daniels dragged the knife across Ghost’s wrist, severing muscle and sinew and spilling richest reddest blood.

Last edited:

Bloom

Mood: Mixed

Interactions: Phillip, Mentions Charlie

The entire atmosphere of this hole in the wall had Bloom’s senses buzzing in the best of ways. The smell of the food, the hum of the music, the look of the room around her, this was quite possibly one of the most unique hidden gems in Dauntless. She had always enjoyed spots like these ranging from speakeasies to the hidden glass garden several blocks from the training center. If she were ever to own a bar or a restaurant she would want it to have its own flare much like this. As she sipped on her cocktail, the Pegasus’ Wings, per Phillip’s recommendation, she savored the fruity essence of the juice mixed with the citrus and slight burn of the alcohol. The drink itself was gorgeous as it had silvery blue glitter in it that shimmered every time the glass moved as well as an eggwhite floater adorned with a little edible flower on top. From the moment they had entered Bloom’s gaze had been in constant rotation of giving attention to Phillip, Honey, and then the decorations. There was a corner decorated with older-looking instruments and more natural elements that screamed the folk and acoustic genre. In another corner there was a beautiful almost 1800s-looking set up with gold-leafed paintings, candles burning on a polished gold candelabra, and the booth even looked to have been made of an old organ, clearly a nod to classical and opera music.

Her attention certainly wasn’t completely locked onto the decorations though, as fascinating as they were. With Phillip here and the energy, he brought to the entire experience Bloom felt almost as though she never wanted to leave this little neon bright rainbow-colored corner of the world. “Oh my god, this is amazing!” She practically moaned as she took a bite of the spicy chicken sandwich she had ordered. The heat was just right and the chicken was nice and juicy, all the flavors melded together so perfectly in her mouth. “I feel like I could eat this every day, hell I feel like I could marry it.” She joked as she popped a curly fry into her mouth. The conversation flowed between herself a Phillip so perfectly and Bloom couldn’t help but smile through all his jokes and teasing, making sure to dish back all she was served. “That classical area over there certainly looks interesting. I wonder if those candles are real and if the organ still works at all?” She nodded toward the red and gold corner of the room she had been glancing towards earlier. “Though I can certainly see the charm of this spot.” She added with a wink towards the handsome young man beside her and took a sip of her drink while sneaking Honey a piece of bacon.

The sudden switch to the topic of Charlie wasn’t too surprising though it did shift Bloom’s mood in an instant. She was so incredibly worried for her best friend and wanted to help Charlie with everything she was going through, she wanted to protect her. The dark-haired young woman knew that Phillip only wanted the same and as he stared into her with those worried deep brown puppy dog eyes she wanted to share everything with him but alas she could never betray Charlie like that. Charlie had a right to her privacy and she trusted Bloom with so much of it that Bloom knew she would never be able to say it all to anyone else without her best friend's approval. She did her best to answer the questions without completely shutting Phillip down but she knew she wasn’t making it easy for him. When the conversation moved on Bloom almost let out a sigh of relief but was glad she didn’t because it would have only caught in her throat the moment she heard Phillip refer to this as a date. He was joking, surely. As much as they had talked and danced around the idea of going on a date Bloom always had doubts about it actually happening. Was this a date? She would like it if it was. In fact, she would be over the moon if it was, but then again she would hope Phillip would feel the same way and she just wasn’t certain. “Well, I guess next time Honey and I will have to come without you. Save you the effort of having to pick and choose.” She joked as she bit into one of the beautiful mozzarella sticks they had ordered and reached down with her other hand to give Honey an ear rub. Her gaze fluttered up towards Phillip for a heartbeat as she pet Honey and the genuine smile and softness of his eyes made her heart flutter a bit. She was not normally one for such schoolgirl-like feelings but Phillip had always caused her to function a little differently when he was around. She felt vulnerable but also guarded. She could trust him but couldn’t put all her faith in the idea that he would stay if things ever did get serious. She internally rolled her eyes at how juvenile she was thinking and returned to giving Honey a ten out of ten ear rub.

“Delicious and I am completely depressed that I have no leftovers for tomorrow. Absolutely! I need to work this sugar buzz off from that drink.” She replied in stride to his ever-pivoting questions. Getting to her feet she pulled her hair down from its braid, the red underlayer still visible beneath her brunette locks as she moved. “Come on pretty boy, show me your moves.” Her tone was practically a purr as she gave him a playfully seductive look and held her hand out to him. Her body was alight with sugar but also from just being around Phillip. He never seemed to drain her, she always felt so alive when around him.

Nerdy. Nerdy.

code by Stardust Galaxy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back