• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
"So it shall be." Salem nodded. Yang was the one she had been looking at the most. If the young huntress agreed to those terms, that was good enough. Salem doubted anyone else present would be more inclined than Xiao Long to not agree with Eve traveling alongside them. "Unless there are any other questions or concerns from anybody else, shall we get underway then?" She looked around the room at large to see if anybody would speak up or ask anything more. Raven finally pushed off the wall she'd be leaning against, clearly ready to get going. Cinder turned in Salem's general direction and shook her head slightly in response, but still couldn't bring herself to look into the headmistress's eyes after learning there had been yet more secrets Salem kept from her.

And Ruby...when her dark counterpart fell asleep? She picked up the sleeping Red Masque and waited until the aforementioned medical assistance Salem mentioned came up in the elevator with a gurney in tow. The other Ruby got lightly dropped onto said gurney and then she and those guys were out of sight just as quickly as they had showed up, the elevator shutting on them.

That done, she turned to Salem and replied with a concise "Nope."

"You think so?" His eyes shifted over to look at the chameleon, mouth twisted in thought. It seemed he was considering her words more than Weiss's on this matter...and he relented, the grimm appendages pulling back and receding into the dark portal before that too faded away. Ilia dropped to the floor with a loud thud, laying sprawled out with blood running across her arms and legs as she whimpered in pain and fear. "Very well, you may have your...companion. You do seem to know her better than the rest of us, from what I hear. However..." He steepled his hands, staring with narrowed eyes at Blake.

"I don't want to think this is out of some misguided sense of mercy, or even worse, a sign of weakening loyalty. Kneeling before me and sounding as loyal as ever is all very well and good...but not enough." Even if the withdrawing of the Shadow Fang had been tactically sound, he needed to be absolutely certain she was still devoted to the cause. "How is your resolve, I wonder?" His eyes somehow narrowed even more. "You can take this Ilia, but first..." Those red eyes flashed dangerously.

"I want you to personally sever one of her hands. One clean slice." He paused for a moment. "Do not worry that the cuffs will no longer be quite as effective. She won't be going anywhere."

Ilia visibly flinched just from hearing that, and despite the aching pain that still lingered, she moved her head until she was looking at Blake in full, eyes desperately pleading for her to not do that.​
Blake met Ozpin's horrible eyes with what was almost the same calm steel as she'd had the entire conversation, yet there was an undercurrent of anger behind them as her mouth twisted ever so slightly.

"...Lord Ozpin..."

There was a moment where Blake seemed to be in three places at once, every version of her hazy and indistinct as the sound of a blade sliding against its scabbard was almost instantaneously followed by the sound of metal slicing through skin and bone. Before Ilia could even register that she no longer had a hand, a foot slammed into the side of her skull hard enough to send her into the table in the middle of the room with a crash. To ensure that she didn't do anything untoward after her aura returned.

...And to make sure the faunus wasn't conscious for the pain.

Blake stood where Ilia had been moments earlier. She slowly intook the breath she'd released in her strike and tossed Crocea Mors to Jaune's feet with a jerk of disgust before she turned back to Ozpin, her amber eyes seeming to simmer with the anger the faunus always held deep, deep inside.

"...No one questions my resolve. Not even you."

Not even herself.

She fell one knee with head bowed after she spoke , well aware that there was a limit to the impudence even she was allowed to give.

Last edited:
Watts watched whatever weird posturing for emotional dominance was going was going on before he finally deigned to raise his hand, speaking if Salem acknowledged him.

"So. Just to be clear. We're just gonna take this known criminal with us on an incredibly important, secret task... because she asked?"

Blake met Ozpin's horrible eyes with what was almost the same calm steel as she'd had the entire conversation, yet there was an undercurrent of anger behind them as her mouth twisted ever so slightly.

"...Lord Ozpin..."

There was a moment where Blake seemed to be in three places at once, every version of her hazy and indistinct as the sound of a blade sliding against its scabbard was almost instantaneously followed by the sound of metal slicing through skin and bone. Before Ilia could even register that she no longer had a hand, a foot slammed into the side of her skull hard enough to send her into the table in the middle of the room with a crash. To ensure that she didn't do anything untoward after her aura returned.

Blake stood where Ilia had been moments earlier. She slowly intook the breath she'd released in her strike, tossed Crocea Mors to Jaune's feet with a jerk of disgust before she turned back to Ozpin, her amber eyes seeming to simmer with the anger the faunus always held deep, deep inside.

"...No one questions my resolve. Not even you."

Not even herself.

She fell one knee after she spoke with head bowed, well aware that there was a limit to the impudence she was allowed to give.

"...Consider me fully convinced." Ozpin sounded pleased, enough so that he seemed to overlook the impertinence with which she had addressed him. "Jaune?" Arc nodded, stepping over his sword and striding over to the fallen Ilia to kneel down beside her. One hand rested on the faunus' shoulder, the other taking the severed hand and he began using his semblance to supercharge her aura and see if the amped up healing would be enough to reconnect limbs if they acted quick enough. Blake had passed that test, and if this chameleon was to be any use to Sienna or the rest, she would have to be in her best condition possible. "You have my permission to do with her as you will. Now..." He looked over to the other prisoner.

"Neo, is it? I've been told that you could be a strong asset for us. Work for me, and I can promise you that I will do all in my power to give you what you desire most. You can decline, of course, though..." Ozpin gestured to Ilia. "I wouldn't recommend it."

Her gaze drifted over to where Ilia was, though her expression was a mask of indifference. "...Forgive me , but your way isn't the way into her thoughts. If she is anything like the Ilia Sienna and I have under our employ, pain and fear, even to an extreme, will only steel her resolve. Let me take her back to my lady. She'll willingly give us what she knows, once she has a chance to meet with her. And if not..."

She turned back to Ozpin, her tone brooking no argument to her loyalty.

"..Then she'll die, and however meager a threat to us she could be will no longer be a problem."
"You think so?" His eyes shifted over to look at the chameleon, mouth twisted in thought. It seemed he was considering her words more than Weiss's on this matter...and he relented, the grimm appendages pulling back and receding into the dark portal before that too faded away. Ilia dropped to the floor with a loud thud, laying sprawled out with blood running across her arms and legs as she whimpered in pain and fear. "Very well, you may have your...companion. You do seem to know her better than the rest of us, from what I hear. However..." He steepled his hands, staring with narrowed eyes at Blake.

"I don't want to think this is out of some misguided sense of mercy, or even worse, a sign of weakening loyalty. Kneeling before me and sounding as loyal as ever is all very well and good...but not enough." Even if the withdrawing of the Shadow Fang had been tactically sound, he needed to be absolutely certain she was still devoted to the cause. "How is your resolve, I wonder?" His eyes somehow narrowed even more. "You can take this Ilia, but first..." Those red eyes flashed dangerously.

"I want you to personally sever one of her hands. One clean slice." He paused for a moment. "Do not worry that the cuffs will no longer be quite as effective. She won't be going anywhere."

Ilia visibly flinched just from hearing that, and despite the aching pain that still lingered, she moved her head until she was looking at Blake in full, eyes desperately pleading for her to not do that.

It was true that Weiss made a conscious effort to be more reticent in Ozpin's presence, it being in no way beneficial for her to draw any ire from the Grimm's malevolent overlord. It was also true that she had no wish to bear personal witness to a prisoner she delivered being subjected to torture beyond the scope of description. Truest of all, however, was that she was still Weiss, and was going to react as Weiss did in the face of what she considered a simply ludicrous plan; Scoff, loudly and harshly, unsure if the affront to the vocalisation was brought on more by the credit Ozpin seemed to be giving Blake or the sight of Ilia skidding down the table to halt in front of her, unconscious and handless. She lazily erected a barrier of ice between her and the chameleon, both to keep the blood spurts away and so she wouldn't have to look at her.

"So your plan is to convince her? You just cut off her hand! You couldn't even convince your own bullheaded childhood sweetheart to stay the course, and that was before taking up with Grimm? I mean, what kind of persuasive powers do you people think you have?"

She shook her head incredulously, a demure crossing of both legs and arms following as she leaned back in her seat.

"Lord Ozpin, know that while I consider punishing the mentally unstable for their inadequacies wasteful, I seriously can't advocate you continue listening to them."

Last edited:
Watts watched whatever weird posturing for emotional dominance was going was going on before he finally deigned to raise his hand, speaking if Salem acknowledged him.

"So. Just to be clear. We're just gonna take this known criminal with us on an incredibly important, secret task... because she asked?"

"Yes, Watts, that is an odd question to ask for somebody guilty of hacking his way into systems that he was in no way authorized for(yes, I'm well aware of this). That is quite illegal, you know. That said...no, it is not just because she asked. Despite her belligerence, she and the White Fang in general did come to aid us when Beacon came under assault. Nobody asked her to do so, but she put her life on the line anyway. Whatever her reasons for doing so, I believe that is worthy enough to give her a chance."

Her eyes steeled themselves however as she looked towards Eve. "One chance."

Blake stood where Ilia had been moments earlier. She slowly intook the breath she'd released in her strike and tossed Crocea Mors to Jaune's feet with a jerk of disgust before she turned back to Ozpin, her amber eyes seeming to simmer with the anger the faunus always held deep, deep inside.
3BnjHWd8C0w_ohCVlLaC0PeuflWP4YtRbr97rt9Zkds.png

"...!!!"

Neo was far from a prude. Murder was murder! No ifs ands our butts about it! Mutilation was equally just as fun!

But, she didn't know what it is, something about this just didn't click the right notes for her.

Maybe it was the lighting. Or that the one to do the chop chop chopping was on team 'get in my way any chance they get'. Or at least one version of her had been.
"Neo, is it? I've been told that you could be a strong asset for us. Work for me, and I can promise you that I will do all in my power to give you what you desire most. You can decline, of course, though..."
"...!"

As Ozpin turned his attention to her, Neo immediately weighed her options.

She could kill the two faunus, injure the schnee, but against this overwhelming monolith of darkness and despair?

Eh, she'd give it 50/50.
Ozpin gestured to Ilia. "I wouldn't recommend it."
"..."

Well, when the other option was to die, she supposed choice was more of an illusion than anything else.

Besides, she DID want revenge on that damn other-Wait, anything she desired...?

66cad2c367e86a4d8bbcf19eaffe8278cc54bb5c_hq.jpg

She didn't have to think for a second. She shook her head up and down.​

Her eyes steeled themselves however as she looked towards Eve. "One chance."

"I'll only need one." She returned with a cocky, savage grin, making sure Yang bore the full brunt of it for a few seconds as she went to stalk over to the emptiest corner of the room. Went to, because Qrow yanked her back to make eye contact sharply where his hand had been gripping her robe since her and Yang threatened to get into it, a glint in his eye that didn't come from Qrow the cool uncle or Qrow the master huntsman.

It came from Qrow, the bandit youth who knew exactly how to engage with thugs on their own level, and the gravel in his voice was much sharper than normal as he made his next words very clear.

"I agreed to let this happen if you turned over the kid, so you're my responsibility. You screw up anything, I mean anything, I'll be passing that responsibility off to the nearest coroner, you got that, pal?"

Eve just sneered in reply, but didn't say anything as she jerked her shoulder free and retreated to a corner like she planned, clearly so very affected by what everyone in the room thought of her. Qrow's eyes flickered down to the most unconscious of his three nieces for a few wordless seconds, and the guilt in his eyes was undeniable right up to the moment he turned away and took out his flask, giving Yang the lightest of head pats on his way back to Salem's desk in what he hoped was a good enough apology for bringing... who he had brought here.

It seemed the White Fang general and proud uncle of two were equally as eager to ignore the indoctrinated Ruby's dazed preaching as each other. Mercury frankly just looked a little disappointed the fight he'd been gearing up for hadn't kicked off, his eagerness to be one of the first involved in that fight meaning he was now a lot closer to a scene he felt pretty out-of-place in than he wanted to be.

"So... some pretty big personal history in the room, huh?"

One thing all three had in common was being more than ready to get this show on the road.

Last edited:
"Wait," Eve suddenly exclaimed, defying the last line of the previous post. Her eyes pointedly scanned the room until they found Yang again, and her scowl spoke more than she had ever probably spoken with words in her entire life.

"Before I go anywhere, I wanna know one thing. Where is she right now?"

She'd been giving it some thought, and decided she wasn't going to speak to Blake again until this was done and the poison twisting her mind was cut off at the source. But she still had to know she was safe, locked up somewhere secure where she couldn't be a danger to herself anymore.

"Wait," Eve suddenly exclaimed, defying the last line of the previous post. Her eyes pointedly scanned the room until they found Yang again, and her scowl spoke more than she had ever probably spoken with words in her entire life.

"Before I go anywhere, I wanna know one thing. Where is she right now?"

She'd been giving it some thought, and decided she wasn't going to speak to Blake again until this was done and the poison twisting her mind was cut off at the source. But she still had to know she was safe, locked up somewhere secure where she couldn't be a danger to herself anymore.
Yang was in the midst of giving Mercury look that was somewhere between a glare and amused for the absolutely stellar detective work he'd done in deducing that fact when she heard Eve's question and shrugged, the one thing that she figured they'd agree on enough to talk about.

"If you're talking about Blake, she's on an Atlas prison ship right now. Only thing good enough to hold her" She said with a wry frown.

Yang was in the midst of giving Mercury look that was somewhere between a glare and amused for the absolutely stellar detective work he'd done in deducing that fact when she heard Eve's question and shrugged, the one thing that she figured they'd agree on enough to talk about.

"If you're talking about Blake, she's on an Atlas prison ship right now. Only thing good enough to hold her" She said with a wry frown.

"Hey, just think it's weird you're archenemies with someone but you've only been here a week."

"I don't even know her!" Eve snapped towards him in a seething, grimacing explosion of just how aggravating she found it now that Qrow had given her some kind of an understanding of the situation, which was that some random human from another universe was deciding to make one of her grudges her problem. Eve would've wondered if knowing that to begin with would've kept their first impressions from making her an equally active part in said blood feud, but she honestly just didn't care.

Yang's reply just drew a snort and a dark, knowing smirk.

"And you really don't know anything about who you're dealing with if you think she'll be in captivity long."

"So your plan is to convince her? You just cut off her hand! You couldn't even convince your own bullheaded childhood sweetheart to stay the course, and that was before taking up with Grimm? I mean, what kind of persuasive powers do you people think you have?"

She shook her head incredulously, a demure crossing of both legs and arms following as she leaned back in her seat.

"Lord Ozpin, know that while I consider punishing the mentally unstable for their inadequacies wasteful, I seriously can't advocate you continue listening to them."
"Your concerns are duly noted. In this case, though, whether or not they manage to convince her is of no consequence. If they manage it, then we gain something. If they do not and are forced to kill her, we lose nothing." That, plus the fact that loyalty and resolve always mattered, and that act thoroughly convinced him that Blake's was absolute. Despite the insolence with which she had addressed him, Blake had not even hesitated to follow the command.
She didn't have to think for a second. She shook her head up and down.

"Smart decision." Ozpin rose from his seat, pointedly stepped around Jaune and Ilia, and approached the criminal. Intense red eyes stared down pink and brown. "I hope for your sake you continue to be as smart." The cuffs were removed from Neo's wrists and Ozpin turned to the others once more. "Now, no more bickering amongst ourselves." He remarked, with a pointed look at Weiss and then Blake in turn. "We have too much that needs doing to waste time snapping at each other."

He strode over to one of the windows, looking down outside to the pools of black that gave life to new grimm and the crystals dotting the landscape. "You see, Leonardo Lionheart contacted me a short time ago. He had remarkable insight to share on Salem's next move. It seems she is making these otherworldly visitors a priority. Enough so that she will be having one of her lieutenants, a handful of students and these disruptive doppelgangers go to retrieve the relic from Haven. Leonardo has pledged that he will do what he can to have his academy cleared out by the time they arrive. This is an opportunity that we can not ignore. Two maidens and a relic, all in the same place at the same time? Quite a rare situation." He spun around to face the group.

"To that end: Blake, Pyrrha, Nora, Ren, Jaune. You 5 will be heading for Haven Academy so that you will be there when that group arrives, along with any of your forces you can muster. Perhaps your Ilia as well? Any criminals you could convince would be welcome additions." He looked at Blake and then Nora for that specifically. "In addition, you will bring our newest ally-" His eyes settled on Neo. "-so that she may prove herself. I have already sent word to Yang to join you all there as well. With all of that as well as Lionheart...it should be sufficient." Ozpin paused.

"But as I have learned, these doppelgangers seem to have some sense of things that are to come, given what Pyrrha informed me of. I can not be certain of what knowledge they possess. So I will be changing the timeline of how I wanted to proceed. So. Weiss. Alone of anyone in this room, you have an intact cover, as both CEO and councilwoman. Nobody suspects your true allegiances. With that in mind, I want you to go back home. To devote whatever it takes to locate the Winter Maiden, to discreetly take her out of the picture...and ensure that you are the next host of her power."

"And you really don't know anything about who you're dealing with if you think she'll be in captivity long."

"If Atlas security could not manage to hold her, then her escape would be inevitable wherever we put her. Regardless, that can not be your focus at this time. I will check up on that matter myself. If you are all ready and willing now, then..." Salem gestured over to Raven, who nodded in turn and with a quick swing of Omen, a dark red and black portal popped up in the middle of the room for them all to step through.​

"Smart decision." Ozpin rose from his seat, pointedly stepped around Jaune and Ilia, and approached the criminal. Intense red eyes stared down pink and brown. "I hope for your sake you continue to be as smart." The cuffs were removed from Neo's wrists and Ozpin turned to the others once more. "Now, no more bickering amongst ourselves." He remarked, with a pointed look at Weiss and then Blake in turn. "We have too much that needs doing to waste time snapping at each other."

Weiss opened her mouth to refute that, to maintain that it wasn't bickering, that the logical gaps in Ozpin's chosen course of action frankly just grated on her.

She was thankful she managed to catch herself before she said any of that, and closed her mouth a moment later with an acquiescent sigh.

"To that end: Blake, Pyrrha, Nora, Ren, Jaune. You 5 will be heading for Haven Academy so that you will be there when that group arrives, along with any of your forces you can muster. Perhaps your Ilia as well? Any criminals you could convince would be welcome additions." He looked at Blake and then Nora for that specifically. "In addition, you will bring our newest ally-" His eyes settled on Neo. "-so that she may prove herself. I have already sent word to Yang to join you all there as well. With all of that as well as Lionheart...it should be sufficient." Ozpin paused.

"But as I have learned, these doppelgangers seem to have some sense of things that are to come, given what Pyrrha informed me of. I can not be certain of what knowledge they possess. So I will be changing the timeline of how I wanted to proceed. So. Weiss. Alone of anyone in this room, you have an intact cover, as both CEO and councilwoman. Nobody suspects your true allegiances. With that in mind, I want you to go back home. To devote whatever it takes to locate the Winter Maiden, to discreetly take her out of the picture...and ensure that you are the next host of her power."

All the restraint she'd been forcing herself to exercise over these long months, all the obeisance and capitulation, all the time she'd spent completely submitting herself to a cruel man's will and whims in a way she swore she never would again, all of it became worth it the moment Ozpin said those words; Just as she'd been banking on it doing right from the beginning, when she sided with him.

"Yes sir." Was all she said, favouring brevity and surety over her usual trend of making lengthy, eloquent promises and guarantees. No effort was made to keep a drawl of coy satisfaction from entering her tone, a devious smirk on her face and eyes shining with something other than their usual glacial steel.

Ambition.​

I have already sent word to Yang to join you all there as well.
Neo's face scrunched up in disgust.

If the Yang she knew was a pain in the ass, Neo could hardly imagine what this one was like.
Nobody suspects your true allegiances. With that in mind, I want you to go back home. To devote whatever it takes to locate the Winter Maiden, to discreetly take her out of the picture...and ensure that you are the next host of her power."
"..."

Neo's eyes wandered over idly as that sentence concluded itself.

Maiden power....​

"Hey, just think it's weird you're archenemies with someone but you've only been here a week."

"I don't even know her!" Eve snapped towards him in a seething, grimacing explosion of just how aggravating she found it now that Qrow had given her some kind of an understanding of the situation, which was that some random human from another universe was deciding to make one of her grudges her problem. Eve would've wondered if knowing that to begin with would've kept their first impressions from making her an equally active part in said blood feud, but she honestly just didn't care.

Yang's reply just drew a snort and a dark, knowing smirk.

"It doesn't need to hold her forever-" Yang said, her mouth twitching into a grin that had none of her trademark joy "-Just long enough for us to dunk Ozpin so hard that Blake sees he's not the unbeatable monster she thinks he is. And hey, don't lie. You totally do know me"

She turned towards the portal with as the grin took on a far more satisfied air as she she shrugged and shot the faunus a wink.

"I'm the girl who kicked your ass and saved your life in the same night"

and with that she stepped through, determined to get the last word in by virtue of literal miles between them once she did.

-----------------------------------------------------

Neo had shoved Torchwick's face lightly away as he checked on her, mainly annoyed that he was treating her like some delicate maiden or a kid. It wasn't like she was scared of this blonde lunatic, just... a healthy amount of leery. She was very clearly carrying her grudges over from the other world, no matter how unfair it may have been. Neo had met the other her, and they weren't anything alike! That one was way too cocky and annoying and self assured to be her : |

Also she killed people. She liked to think that was a pretty important difference, maybe

She watched the poeceedings with a moderate amount of discomfort as they learned yet another person with a body count was going to join them, but she wasn't in much of a position to say anything about it, as she was literally never in a position to do that. She rolled her eyes as the faunus and blonde bickered, and shortly after Yang entered the portal another Yang moved to do the same, doing a far more exaggerated version of her shrug and waving her hands while she pulled a face as she mouthed the same thing Yang did, before her shoulders drooped and the illusionary disguised began to crumble off Neo just as she stepped through the portal.

"It doesn't need to hold her forever-" Yang said, her mouth twitching into a grin that had none of her trademark joy "-Just long enough for us to dunk Ozpin so hard that Blake sees he's not the unbeatable monster she thinks he is. And hey, don't lie. You totally do know me"

She turned towards the portal with as the grin took on a far more satisfied air as she she shrugged and shot the faunus a wink.

and with that she stepped through, determined to get the last word in by virtue of literal miles between them once she did.

"Tch. Funny way of remembering things. You can't take me, and I'll prove it if you come anywhere—Don't walk away from me!"

Worthy of mention was the fact that Blake had once seen enough similarities between Yang and the Adam Taurus of her world to make the comparison, similarities that ran deeper than the superficial resemblance their semblances bore to one another. Their courage, their temper, the cockiness they liked to flex on the battlefield, both to get inside their enemies' heads and because they genuinely enjoyed what they did. The similarities ended not long after that, but there were certainly some deep veins shared.

While still unquestionably scarred, this Taurus's similarities were more numerous sheerly by virtue of having a better nature her counterpart lacked, a fact made apparent by the way she reacted to someone goading her then having the absolute shit-eating audacity to walk away before she could respond, which was pretty much the way Yang probably would've. She growled, clenched her fists and stomped through the portal out of an instinctive need to continue the back-and-forth like a dog that wouldn't unsink its teeth.

Qrow watched probably the two most headstrong people he'd ever seen disappear through the portal together and sighed, wondering which of them was gonna be dead by the time he followed them through. He decided to take his time now that things seemed deescalated, pace almost leisurely as he strolled past Raven with his hands in his pockets, giving her a look that was meaningful, if a little conflicted. "Been a while since I stepped through one of these."

He let his gaze linger a second or two longer before disappearing into the shimmering red.

Mercury figured he probably wasn't on speaking terms with his team right now, but they were still a unit and Emerald was still hovering by his side like a goddamn lost puppy, so he assumed they were still a package deal. Both partners pointedly refused to meet each other's eyes as they waited for Roman or Neo to take the lead, stepping through dutifully just after.​

Tyrian wasn't exactly 100% onboard with Eve coming with. But given that she'd managed to capture 'The Red Masque' , her skills couldn't be questioned. For the challenges that were facing them, he supposed that's all they'd need...

He made his way into the portal with little fanfare.
Neo had shoved Torchwick's face lightly away as he checked on her, mainly annoyed that he was treating her like some delicate maiden or a kid. It wasn't like she was scared of this blonde lunatic, just... a healthy amount of leery. She was very clearly carrying her grudges over from the other world, no matter how unfair it may have been. Neo had met the other her, and they weren't anything alike! That one was way too cocky and annoying and self assured to be her : |
"Alright, alright!" Roman held his hands up as Neo lightly shoved him away. "But if it's any consolation..." Roman watched as Yang made her way nto the portal. "You're a lot better than the Neo she probably knows. That one got tricked by a fist bump!"
She watched the poeceedings with a moderate amount of discomfort as they learned yet another person with a body count was going to join them, but she wasn't in much of a position to say anything about it, as she was literally never in a position to do that. She rolled her eyes as the faunus and blonde bickered, and shortly after Yang entered the portal another Yang moved to do the same, doing a far more exaggerated version of her shrug and waving her hands while she pulled a face as she mouthed the same thing Yang did, before her shoulders drooped and the illusionary disguised began to crumble off Neo just as she stepped through the portal.
Roman looked Eve over again and opened his mouth. Gave it about ten seconds and thought better of what he originally had in mind.

Any attempt at flirting would probably end up with him getting his ass kicked.

Getting beat up in front of two Neos was one thing. Getting beat up in front of everyone?

Noooo way.

...Eh, maybe if he asked at the right time.​

"Tch. Funny way of remembering things. You can't take me, and I'll prove it if you come anywhere—Don't walk away from me!"

While still unquestionably scarred, this Taurus's similarities were more numerous sheerly by virtue of having a better nature her counterpart lacked, a fact made apparent by the way she reacted to someone goading her then having the absolute shit-eating audacity to walk away before she could respond, which was pretty much the way Yang probably would've. She growled, clenched her fists and stomped through the portal out of an instinctive need to continue the back-and-forth like a dog that wouldn't unsink its teeth.

"........" If she wasn't forced into being the very last person to cross over thanks to having to keep her semblance up for all of them, Raven would have absolutely dashed in immediately following Eve's stomping through. Not because she thought Yang would need any help but because she didn't want to miss even a single moment of her not-daughter kicking some serious ass. Whether that was a verbal ass kicking or a physical beatdown, it didn't matter. One hell of a show either way.​

She rolled her eyes as the faunus and blonde bickered, and shortly after Yang entered the portal another Yang moved to do the same, doing a far more exaggerated version of her shrug and waving her hands while she pulled a face as she mouthed the same thing Yang did, before her shoulders drooped and the illusionary disguised began to crumble off Neo just as she stepped through the portal.

"...I'm going to have to get used to so much, aren't I?" Ruby muttered to herself upon seeing that ability used in such a...non-hostile way. The silver eyed warrior was quick to step through herself following that.​

He decided to take his time now that things seemed deescalated, pace almost leisurely as he strolled past Raven with his hands in his pockets, giving her a look that was meaningful, if a little conflicted. "Been a while since I stepped through one of these."

He let his gaze linger a second or two longer before disappearing into the shimmering red

Raven's own eyes met this Qrow's with a certain amount of melancholy, shaking her head. "Two different worlds and both times, things between us are rough. That figures, huh?" She commented. The bitter thought that ran through her head, that maybe no matter what world they called home, they would always be destined to never have much luck with the whole sibling thing...that thought stung. "I'm...sorry." She forced out, but it was only after he had gone through.​

Mercury figured he probably wasn't on speaking terms with his team right now, but they were still a unit and Emerald was still hovering by his side like a goddamn lost puppy, so he assumed they were still a package deal. Both partners pointedly refused to meet each other's eyes as they waited for Roman or Neo to take the lead, stepping through dutifully just after.

"...What's with them?" Cinder couldn't help from thinking out loud, Mercury and Emerald both clearly against looking at each other despite standing together as close as ever. But the fall maiden didn't dwell on it long before she was stepping up to the portal herself, and more importantly asserting her dominance by forcefully pushing her team leader through it ahead of her. Only when he was out of sight did she go through herself.

And after all of them had gone through, Raven turned to Salem and gave a confident nod. The headmistress returned it, offering a final parting "Good luck" before the portal vanished behind the professional huntress.

----------------

The spot they all emerged into had a view that some of them might have expected to see. Another Qrow Branwen, sprawled out asleep on a cot in the middle of some dingy tent. The smell of booze on this one was much more intense than the smell from the one who'd stepped through the portal. Raven, in the very back, couldn't help from facepalming at the sight, shaking her head in embarrassment and letting out a disappointed huff as the portal on this end vanished too.​

Raven's own eyes met this Qrow's with a certain amount of melancholy, shaking her head. "Two different worlds and both times, things between us are rough. That figures, huh?" She commented. The bitter thought that ran through her head, that maybe no matter what world they called home, they would always be destined to never have much luck with the whole sibling thing...that thought stung.

That had him pause a second before advancing, chiefly because he'd just been thinking the same thing. Twins were weird like that.

"...Maybe when all this is through, you and me'll work out a trade," he cracked, faintly smirking, though the melancholic twinge in his voice made it obvious he knew as well as Raven did that that wasn't really an option. He left the remark in his wake as he stepped through the portal, never to learn he missed out on the two words he would've never thought he'd hear his sister utter a week ago.

As the crimson overtook him, he steeled himself. No telling what was waiting for them on the other side. This parallel him was apparently vicious. Feared. A bloodthirsty barbarian. They could've been stepping into something bad.

The spot they all emerged into had a view that some of them might have expected to see. Another Qrow Branwen, sprawled out asleep on a cot in the middle of some dingy tent. The smell of booze on this one was much more intense than the smell from the one who'd stepped through the portal. Raven, in the very back, couldn't help from facepalming at the sight, shaking her head in embarrassment and letting out a disappointed huff as the portal on this end vanished too.

"Oh."

"Hnh."

"Well, that's underwhelming."

The three reactions were rapid-fire in delivery, and each one said it all in regards to their originator's feelings on the sight awaiting them; Shame, disdainful amusement, and disappointment, in that order. Story of his life, right there. Qrow turned on a dime, his slouch looking a little deeper as he made for the tent's entrance. "I, uh... I shouldn't be here for this. I'll go outside, play the part, keep 'em away from the tent. Maybe I can learn something."

Last edited:
By this time, Jaune had confirmed it. A hand that had just been severed could indeed be reattached if he was quick enough to hold it against the arm and using his semblance to greatly amp up the target's aura and subsequently, their healing. It would never feel quite the same, and Ilia would always be able to tell that said hand had been cut off without even a bit of hesitation from this Blake, judging from the dark scarred line that ran between her hand and her arm. After a while, the chameleon herself came to, eyes sliding open to reveal the sight the blond guy kneeling beside her. A few seconds passed before he stood up and backed away, the strange feeling of being stronger fading away now that he wasn't in range of her.

She sat up, the fresh memory of her getting her damn hand sliced off still very much present in her thoughts. That had definitely happened, judging from the ragged line that ran across one of her cuffed hands...but the pain was just a phantom feeling. The physical pain, anyway. The pain had been bad but the thing that had hit her far worse...was that it had been Blake who did it. Ilia glanced around in confusion before her eyes settled on the monstrous looking Ozpin. "Wh--why?" She asked weakly.

"A test of loyalty, child. Resolve. It was not intended as a permanent maiming. If you are to be of any use to us, it would be best for you to be whole, at your best. But make no mistake...this was not an act of mercy. If you turn out to not be of any true value...Miss Belladonna will kill you. Isn't that right, Blake?" He turned to face the cat faunus expectantly, but whatever she said in affirmative reply, he added quickly: "Come and get your companion, then. You all know what you have to do."

The three reactions were rapid-fire in delivery, and each one said it all in regards to their originator's feelings on the sight awaiting them; Shame, disdainful amusement, and disappointment, in that order. Story of his life, right there. Qrow turned on a dime, his slouch looking a little deeper as he made for the tent's entrance. "I, uh... I shouldn't be here for this. I'll go outside, play the part, keep 'em away from the tent. Maybe I can learn something."

"...Sheesh, what a bum..."

Roman looked around and reached out to try and poke Bandit!Qrow with the end of Melodic Cudgel.

"Wonder if he'll think we're just some kinda drunken illusion..."

~~~

Tyrian couldn't help but feel even more uncomfortable here than he had back when Eve showed up.

He hadn't said anything since the Qrow that had come with them didn't exactly reek of booze. Wouldn't have been his place to say anything anyway.

But the stench of it made his tail wrap tighter around his waist.

Alcohol....Too many bad memories for him attached to that.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back