• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
d1d51b86680b4d6af0ccd803b7d62199d7c5c023.png

All that'd happened lately only served to further annoy the diminutive killer. They were apparently down a relic and too busy being on the otherside of things to really do anything about getting it back. Which kinda defeated the whole reason why Neo had gone through all that she had to even end up being here. Get the relic by teaming up with those who disliked her and vice versa. Figure out the way to get home. Go back and bring Emerald and go home to their mediocre lives in the other world. She still wouldn't be HAPPY but y'know after some time spent in this world, she doubted that'd be a possibility no matter where she went.

Still, as she folded her arms across her chest and waited for whatever was going to happen to happen...She noticed something out of the corner of her eye. The last time she'd seen Atlas's tin can, they'd been going on about how she and Emerald needed an eye to be kept on them/to be placed under arrest. Whcih was all well and good yeah(she GUESSED)but Neo didn't know whether it was the frustration bubbling inside her or Penny's expression but the robot seemed in kinda a funk. Looking down at herself, Neo shrugged. She had left Hush behind unwillingly after the beating she'd gotten courtesy of a maiden and if she tried fleeing now she'd be doing it in a region she knew nothing about. Which meant that like it or not(and she REALLY didn't like it...)she was going to have to share a space with them. It also meant that if they wanted to arrest and or kill her...welp...wasn't really much she could DO about it.

Penny felt a tap on her shoulder.

If she turned and looked down, she'd have seen Neo looking up at her.

"?" Neo gave a small wave and gestured to where the portal had once floated and done portal things. Then she pointed back to Penny.​
Penny blinked and turned to face Neo, and the eyes that met Neo's were a blank portal to a land of incomprehension that held her gaze with robotic stillness for a good eight seconds, ten seconds, fifteen-

the moment Neo started to turn away from the utter lack of response Penny finally responded, to her presence if not her question, with far too forced rigidity.

"You are Neopolitan. Not the Beacon student; The one who is a dangerous associate of Salem and Cinder Fall back home, and who ran away from us with Emerald Sustrai a few months ago."

Whatever Blake's response was would've been lost in a garble of half whispered coughs, except never in her life had Weiss been given a more clear and concise 'fuck you' from eyes alone before Blake passed out

Shocked_Weiss.png

"Excuse me, hello??? I'm counting on you to bring me to Ozpin! I was leading into that! Open your eyes this instant or we're both just going to be thrown in prison!"

View attachment 825615

"Excuse me, hello??? I'm counting on you to bring me to Ozpin! I was leading into that! Open your eyes this instant or we're both just going to be thrown in prison!"
Blake was unfortunately busy suffering the side effects of being dead for five minutes after subjecting herself to a near deadly electric shock and channeling the power of the gods through a vessel that was not at all designed for it

Blake was unfortunately busy suffering the side effects of being dead for five minutes after subjecting herself to a near deadly electric shock and channeling the power of the gods through a vessel that was not at all designed for it

"Honestly. What are you, made of glass? I thought you were supposed to be resilient." She muttered irritably as she sat back in a more comfortable position, completely unimpressed. Blake had to have had the worst success rate of anyone she had ever met, ever. Now what was she supposed to do?

---

Whatever the ultimate answer to that question, none were conscious to observe it. Blake awoke an undeterminable amount of time later on the passenger hold bunk of an airship, the sight of the other Talons in varying conditions populating their own cots awaiting her. Her narrow angle of view into the cockpit offered just enough of a glimpse of blonde for her to make an educated guess on who was flying, a half second before the Dragon's tuneless singing assailed her many ears from that direction to give it away anyway.​

Penny blinked and turned to face Neo, and the eyes that met Neo's were a blank portal to a land of incomprehension that held her gaze with robotic stillness for a good eight seconds, ten seconds, fifteen-

the moment Neo started to turn away from the utter lack of response Penny finally responded, to her presence if not her question, with far too forced rigidity.

ec38311192f0e581adc2dad12443644b67cd7bf1.png

"..."

Figures. Maybe she was malfunctioning or whatever-
"You are Neopolitan.
Oh, so she did speak.

Well, yeah, that was her name-
Not the Beacon student;
Neo wondered for a moment or too what the other was up to.

Was she safe and sound? Or was she going down a similar path as her?
nd who ran away from us with Emerald Sustrai a few months ago."
90a65588a05c68af553360998b5e7a66.jpg

...Yeah, they did run didn't they?

Neo glanced from side to side before holding her wrists out.

Where was she gonna run to? If this tin can wanted to take her in then by all means.

...Yeah, they did run didn't they?

Neo glanced from side to side before holding her wrists out.

Where was she gonna run to? If this tin can wanted to take her in then by all means.

Penny blinked and glanced down at the wrists being offered up to her. She was a little more common-knowledged up than she'd been at Beacon, and in particular her duties as the protector of Mantle meant she knew what this was supposed to insinuate.

Nonetheless, she completely forgo'd arrest protocols to instead grip both of Neopolitan's wrists and stare her firmly in the eyes.

"You misunderstand, miss Neopolitan. I am not declaring this to arrest you; I am declaring it out of confusion. You and Emerald Sustrai helped my friend Cinder in her quest to get to Atlas. You also helped Ozpin's forces in their attack on Haven where one of Cinder's friends perished. You helped orchestrate the fall of Beacon one, yet you are working with us in the open here. I simply wish to understand what your goal is, and if you are a danger to my friends."

The grip got a little more firm (though well aways from painful) as Penny's eyes narrowed slightly.

"If Ruby and Cinder think it is best, I have no qualms with forgiving your role in my initial demise. But please be aware that I will be watching you, and I will make sure you do not hurt them the way you hurt me."

She gave a solemn nod and released Neo's arms, no desire to cut off the woman's main mode of communication.

Penny blinked and glanced down at the wrists being offered up to her. She was a little more common-knowledged up than she'd been at Beacon, and in particular her duties as the protector of Mantle meant she knew what this was supposed to insinuate.

Nonetheless, she completely forgo'd arrest protocols to instead grip both of Neopolitan's wrists and stare her firmly in the eyes.
Neo blinked.

This was kind of a tight grip. Maybe this was a bad idea-
"You misunderstand, miss Neopolitan. I am not declaring this to arrest you; I am declaring it out of confusion. You and Emerald Sustrai helped my friend Cinder in her quest to get to Atlas. You also helped Ozpin's forces in their attack on Haven where one of Cinder's friends perished. You helped orchestrate the fall of Beacon one, yet you are working with us in the open here. I simply wish to understand what your goal is, and if you are a danger to my friends."
Neo strongly resisted the urge to roll her eyes.

She'd been willing to break these losers out of their cells if they'd cooperated with her. Wasn't that all the explanation needed?
"If Ruby and Cinder think it is best, I have no qualms with forgiving your role in my initial demise. But please be aware that I will be watching you, and I will make sure you do not hurt them the way you hurt me."

She gave a solemn nod and released Neo's arms, no desire to cut off the woman's main mode of communication.
Neo stepped back and huffed as she rubbed at her wrists.

In the midst of offering herself up, she'd nearly forgotten this was a robot. A piece of machinery.

Which meant that grip had been really tight. Ouch.

As far as explanations went though, Neo supposed she had the time to give it. The opportunity hadn't really been there back in the prison.

Holding her hand off to the side, two puppets resembling her and this world's Neo appeared wrestling.

The 'good' Neo pulled at the hair of 'Bad' Neo while Bad!Neo raised Hush's blade and prepared to stab.

Then standing a few apart from the two was a puppet that resembled Roman Torchwick. Neo wasn't sure if this Penny knew anything at all about this world's version of him. She supposed it didn't really matter if she did. All that she had to know was-

*CRACK*

...He met the same dead end. With a baseball sized hole appearing in the Roman puppet's chest, his string were cut and he collapsed to the ground as a shadowy figure stood behind him with a grin on their face and blood dripping down their fist. Good Neo ran over to her dying friend's side and cradled him while the puppet representing this Neo simply stood off to the side quietly sobbing and wiping at her eyes as another bowler hat landed at her feet.

"...*sniff*"

The puppets all shattered and Neo looked away from Penny. She'd make it even clearer if the message hadn't gotten across to her but...Neo just wanted to do whatever she had to get Emerald and her home. She'd messed up enough here. Better to go home and suffer where only you're hurt rather than make others feel your sorrow. Reaching out to gently take one of Penny's hands if the robot offered it, Neo made a series of small keychains resembling everyone in the current group with Masque(who had a grotesque looking Grimm arm protruding from her sleeve and a ';-;' expression) and herself standing apart from the others but not next to eachother. There was a small marking on the Neo keychain simply saying :HOME?'​

"Honestly. What are you, made of glass? I thought you were supposed to be resilient." She muttered irritably as she sat back in a more comfortable position, completely unimpressed. Blake had to have had the worst success rate of anyone she had ever met, ever. Now what was she supposed to do?

---

Whatever the ultimate answer to that question, none were conscious to observe it. Blake awoke an undeterminable amount of time later on the passenger hold bunk of an airship, the sight of the other Talons in varying conditions populating their own cots awaiting her. Her narrow angle of view into the cockpit offered just enough of a glimpse of blonde for her to make an educated guess on who was flying, a half second before the Dragon's tuneless singing assailed her many ears from that direction to give it away anyway.​
Blake snapped awake with a gasp of air that came back out of her lungs red.

She wheezed as she rolled out of the cot onto the Manta's floor, landing on her hands and knees with a heavy thud as her cough splattered against the cold metal, her eyes wide as could be, one a pale crimson from a burst vessel, as she fought to get her bearings before a weak voice croaked out next to her

"Eeeeasy boss. We outta the fryin pan now fuckin christ-"

"RRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!"

The sound of a fist slamming into the side of the manta with far more force than should've been possible with a body that retched and heaved as it did immediately after. A few moments later Blake had dragged herself to the front of the cockpit, her eyes a dull fire of of anger as she leaned against the door to the cockpit swept the viewport for where they were before she spoke a question that had far more in common with a demand.

"Status."

Neo blinked.

This was kind of a tight grip. Maybe this was a bad idea-

Neo strongly resisted the urge to roll her eyes.

She'd been willing to break these losers out of their cells if they'd cooperated with her. Wasn't that all the explanation needed?

Neo stepped back and huffed as she rubbed at her wrists.

In the midst of offering herself up, she'd nearly forgotten this was a robot. A piece of machinery.

Which meant that grip had been really tight. Ouch.

As far as explanations went though, Neo supposed she had the time to give it. The opportunity hadn't really been there back in the prison.

Holding her hand off to the side, two puppets resembling her and this world's Neo appeared wrestling.

The 'good' Neo pulled at the hair of 'Bad' Neo while Bad!Neo raised Hush's blade and prepared to stab.

Then standing a few apart from the two was a puppet that resembled Roman Torchwick. Neo wasn't sure if this Penny knew anything at all about this world's version of him. She supposed it didn't really matter if she did. All that she had to know was-

*CRACK*

...He met the same dead end. With a baseball sized hole appearing in the Roman puppet's chest, his string were cut and he collapsed to the ground as a shadowy figure stood behind him with a grin on their face and blood dripping down their fist. Good Neo ran over to her dying friend's side and cradled him while the puppet representing this Neo simply stood off to the side quietly sobbing and wiping at her eyes as another bowler hat landed at her feet.

"...*sniff*"

The puppets all shattered and Neo looked away from Penny. She'd make it even clearer if the message hadn't gotten across to her but...Neo just wanted to do whatever she had to get Emerald and her home. She'd messed up enough here. Better to go home and suffer where only you're hurt rather than make others feel your sorrow. Reaching out to gently take one of Penny's hands if the robot offered it, Neo made a series of small keychains resembling everyone in the current group with Masque(who had a grotesque looking Grimm arm protruding from her sleeve and a ';-;' expression) and herself standing apart from the others but not next to eachother. There was a small marking on the Neo keychain simply saying :HOME?'​

Penny watched the little puppet show with muted surprise.

"...You've lost someone too."

She didn't know this world's Torchwick very well; her few interactions with team WTCH were almost always with them alone. But she did know of them, and how close Neopolitan had been to him. It was a simple train of logic to follow that this one held hers dear too, an easy path of thought for the android to follow. She stared at the keychain for a time before she gave another solemn nod and gave Neopolitan a sad smile.

"As I said; I am willing to forgive you and Emerald both for what happened, so long as you truly mean to work with us. We have far too many enemies already; I would be delighted if you were a friend instead."
Her eyes glanced up to the rooftop where the Branwen family reunion was happening as her smile faded
"We should catch up to the others."

She gently deposited the semblence borne keychain back into Neo's own palm before she gave a quick salute and took off.

Then immediately flipped herself in a loop de loop to scoop Neo up in her arms because she realized she was like literally one of the only people here who couldn't fly who wasn't named Yang.

Blake snapped awake with a gasp of air that came back out of her lungs red.

She wheezed as she rolled out of the cot onto the Manta's floor, landing on her hands and knees with a heavy thud as her cough splattered against the cold metal, her eyes wide as could be, one a pale crimson from a burst vessel, as she fought to get her bearings before a weak voice croaked out next to her

"Eeeeasy boss. We outta the fryin pan now fuckin christ-"

"RRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!"

The sound of a fist slamming into the side of the manta with far more force than should've been possible with a body that retched and heaved as it did immediately after. A few moments later Blake had dragged herself to the front of the cockpit, her eyes a dull fire of of anger as she leaned against the door to the cockpit swept the viewport for where they were before she spoke a question that had far more in common with a demand.

"Status."

The first thing Blake was aware of as she stepped into a more full angle of the cockpit was the view, endless ocean on all sides stained inky black by the night, only the pale reflection of a shattered moon to disrupt it as their comparatively tiny vessel zipped over the horizon.

"Fuck , you know, just—"

The dragon attempted to disarm casually, mouth an unusual frown of consternation as she craned her neck back to look at Blake with the one entreating shake of the head she was probably gonna get as a shot of disarming things before they kicked off. She really wasn't expecting her to be awake so soon.

The second thing Blake noticed was the passenger side, which proved not to be as vacant as the initial view from her cot implied. Its occupant had turned with Yang to stare at Blake almost in unison, though rather than the doe-eyed look of surprise the pilot was giving her this particular human's glower was rife with shrewish distaste as she cut the other off with the beginnings of a rant that had clearly been gestating for some time.

EcKdVENWkAAjvSX.jpg

"Annoying, apparently. You know what's annoying? Waking up aggressively and yelling is annoying. Atrocious singing is annoying."

The Dragon whirled, honestly just in disbelief that that was the reaction here. "Don't fucking call me annoying, you prissy little twat, I'm the only FUCKING reason kitty's not gonna—"

Weiss whirled right back, apparently more than ready to have this argument too after having been subjected to however many hours of Yang's in-flight music selection. "BUT YOU ARE ANNOYING, YANG, AREN'T YOU? AND IF YOU PRESUME TO SPEW SUCH CRUDE LANGUAGE AT ME ONE MORE TIME I'LL EJECT YOU AND OFFER TO LET ONE OF THE VARIOUS OTHER LUNATICS FLY—"

"THEY DON'T FUCKING KNOW WHERE THE FUCK IT IS, SHITBIRD!!!!"

"—ALL THE CHARM OF A BRAIN TUMOR, FIRST MAKING ME LISTEN TO THAT OVERLY PRODUCED POSTMODERNIST TRASH—"

"OHHHH MY GOD, IT WAS TRAP YOU FUCKING OUT-OF-TOUCH PSYCHO—"

"—WELL, HOW APPROPRIATE! MY EARS FEEL LIKE THEY'VE BEEN TRAPPED IN A SOUNDPROOF ROOM WITH YOU SINCE BEFORE I WAS BORN—"

"—PROLLY NEVER BEEN TOUCHED EITHER—"

"REALLY???? BECAUSE SINCE YOU STARTED PROVIDING VOCALS MY EARS FEEL LIKE THEY'VE BEEN TOUCHED BY A THOUSAND NEEDLES!!!!!!"

"SHUT UPPPPPPP! SHUT UP JUST SHUT THE SHIT UP, YOU'RE MY FUCKING PRISONER JUST Ş̷͔̎S̸̡͓͂S̵̨͕͒͆S̵͕͒̾H̶̗̦͊̏H̶̥̳̄͝U̵͙̘̚͝U̴̦͂̒U̵͕̒̅U̴̝̾̆U̵̹̪͌́Ů̴̫T̴̻͆T̸͖̤̈́̐T̵̙͋͜—̶̬͔̆"

It hit a point where they were both just sort of making noise over each other. Those in the passenger hold who'd been awake longer than Blake were acutely aware this was the fifth such shouting match that had occurred since leaving Atlas.

Whatever the ultimate answer to that question, none were conscious to observe it. Blake awoke an undeterminable amount of time later on the passenger hold bunk of an airship, the sight of the other Talons in varying conditions populating their own cots awaiting her. Her narrow angle of view into the cockpit offered just enough of a glimpse of blonde for her to make an educated guess on who was flying, a half second before the Dragon's tuneless singing assailed her many ears from that direction to give it away anyway.

After some time of that increasingly heated shouting match, the skies around the flight path that particular airship took began to darken further. An unnatural shadow that eclipsed the darkest of nights, accompanied by a pervading chill in the air, one that likewise stood apart from even the harshest of Atlas's winters. Even in the climate controlled confines of the airship, even with all the heat that the Dragon could give off, the bitter sting of that cold was enough to provoke at least one shiver from all that felt it. It only added to the foreboding sense that most people would have felt in this situation. That death itself was approaching, its eerie sight set on the kingdom of Atlas. And even with all its technological marvels, all its abundant amount of dust, all its hardened soldiers and experienced huntsmen and huntresses...the dark, uncomfortable feeling that hung in the air would have made even the most loyal and die hard troops question their odds. Fortunately for the occupants of this particular airship, they were recognized.

That feeling did not have to worry them...mostly.

The cold chill receded, letting a degree of warmth reignite even as the encompassing darkness remained. A minute or two more went by before the sudden urge to halt hit the Manta's pilot like a bullet, and she could almost hear the faint echo of a familiar voice in her mind. A rather calm one too, all things considered. Operating on the presumption that the vehicle came to an immediate stop, and the darkness around began to clear up as well, shifting from the unnatural black to a more regular grey and a massive shape moving about not far off in the heavy fog became more readily apparent. It very noticeably dwarfed the Atlesian craft, the interior of the vessel filled with its shadow. The gargantuan beast pushed through the mist, just enough that the very tip of its front became visible to all within who cared to look. It leaned its head down and closer, enough to let the several figures standing upon it be seen as well. At their forefront stood a very familiar dark figure, standing tall and upright with one hand resting over the other atop his cane.

He hardly seemed disturbed by the cold or anything else, and even from here it was difficult to miss the smile on his face. It had been quite some time for him to get to this point, a timeframe that was explained to a degree by the beast he stood on and the legions that swarmed around it, as well as the few individuals that stood behind him. One of the fellow participants in the assault on Haven, though it would have been easy to assume him dead in all the chaos, it appeared not to be. His normally impeccable well-dressed green outfit was dirty and torn, and several scars could be made out in the spots that weren't obscured by his clothing. He'd made it after all. Perhaps there was a story to be told there, especially with the other one that stood just beside him. Yet another participant in the battle at Haven, yet...with how quiet the man known as Lie Ren tended to be, how the two came to be here was unlikely a story to be shared. At least not by him. Leonardo Lionheart, the cowardly man, the story might very well be easily forced out of him with the right pressure...if anyone cared to hear it. The lion faunus looked even more damaged than Ren, standing hunched over and trying to draw as little attention to himself as possible.

It seemed he still had some degree of worth to Ozpin, for whatever reasons the man had.

The other figure beyond Ozpin, stood on the grimm master's other side apart from the two, and unlike them it was impossible to make out any features beyond the cloak and hood they wore, shadowing their form and face. A stark white color that stood out greatly among the heavy grey fog and the others standing there. Ozpin stepped forward in calm, measured steps. Steps that took him off the beast, walking along the air with as much unconcerned casualness as one might go to the fridge to get some food.

There was a faint metallic clang as his stride took him to step right on top of the cockpit and he peered down, red eyes scrutinizing the inside of that ship...and his relaxed smile grew. "How good to see you all once more." That greeting might very well have come from his otherworldly counterpart, only now showing up on this Remnant as well, given how warm and sincere it sounded, but it was undeniably the words of the grimm's dark master. Sounded utterly genuine as well, even for those such as...

Red eyes settled with eerie calm on Weiss Schnee.

"Especially you. How is Atlas these days, hmm?"

Last edited:

The first thing Blake was aware of as she stepped into a more full angle of the cockpit was the view, endless ocean on all sides stained inky black by the night, only the pale reflection of a shattered moon to disrupt it as their comparatively tiny vessel zipped over the horizon.

"Fuck , you know, just—"

The dragon attempted to disarm casually, mouth an unusual frown of consternation as she craned her neck back to look at Blake with the one entreating shake of the head she was probably gonna get as a shot of disarming things before they kicked off. She really wasn't expecting her to be awake so soon.

The second thing Blake noticed was the passenger side, which proved not to be as vacant as the initial view from her cot implied. Its occupant had turned with Yang to stare at Blake almost in unison, though rather than the doe-eyed look of surprise the pilot was giving her this particular human's glower was rife with shrewish distaste as she cut the other off with the beginnings of a rant that had clearly been gestating for some time.

View attachment 825889

"Annoying, apparently. You know what's annoying? Waking up aggressively and yelling is annoying. Atrocious singing is annoying."

The Dragon whirled, honestly just in disbelief that that was the reaction here. "Don't fucking call me annoying, you prissy little twat, I'm the only FUCKING reason kitty's not gonna—"

Weiss whirled right back, apparently more than ready to have this argument too after having been subjected to however many hours of Yang's in-flight music selection. "BUT YOU ARE ANNOYING, YANG, AREN'T YOU? AND IF YOU PRESUME TO SPEW SUCH CRUDE LANGUAGE AT ME ONE MORE TIME I'LL EJECT YOU AND OFFER TO LET ONE OF THE VARIOUS OTHER LUNATICS FLY—"

"THEY DON'T FUCKING KNOW WHERE THE FUCK IT IS, SHITBIRD!!!!"

"—ALL THE CHARM OF A BRAIN TUMOR, FIRST MAKING ME LISTEN TO THAT OVERLY PRODUCED POSTMODERNIST TRASH—"

"OHHHH MY GOD, IT WAS TRAP YOU FUCKING OUT-OF-TOUCH PSYCHO—"

"—WELL, HOW APPROPRIATE! MY EARS FEEL LIKE THEY'VE BEEN TRAPPED IN A SOUNDPROOF ROOM WITH YOU SINCE BEFORE I WAS BORN—"

"—PROLLY NEVER BEEN TOUCHED EITHER—"

"REALLY???? BECAUSE SINCE YOU STARTED PROVIDING VOCALS MY EARS FEEL LIKE THEY'VE BEEN TOUCHED BY A THOUSAND NEEDLES!!!!!!"

"SHUT UPPPPPPP! SHUT UP JUST SHUT THE SHIT UP, YOU'RE MY FUCKING PRISONER JUST Ş̷͔̎S̸̡͓͂S̵̨͕͒͆S̵͕͒̾H̶̗̦͊̏H̶̥̳̄͝U̵͙̘̚͝U̴̦͂̒U̵͕̒̅U̴̝̾̆U̵̹̪͌́Ů̴̫T̴̻͆T̸͖̤̈́̐T̵̙͋͜—̶̬͔̆"

It hit a point where they were both just sort of making noise over each other. Those in the passenger hold who'd been awake longer than Blake were acutely aware this was the fifth such shouting match that had occurred since leaving Atlas.

Blake stared quietly ahead for the first few volleys of the shouting match, her still somewhat woozy thoughts putting together the most likely way this scenario had come about, whatever shock or surprise she might've felt not bubbling over the frustration in her eyes.

Then she pulled Gambol from its sheathe and pointed it at Weiss' head.

"Shut up."

WIthout turning her gaze off of Weiss, she in equal eloquence addressed the pilot.

"Explain."

"As I said; I am willing to forgive you and Emerald both for what happened, so long as you truly mean to work with us. We have far too many enemies already; I would be delighted if you were a friend instead." Her eyes glanced up to the rooftop where the Branwen family reunion was happening as her smile faded
Neo nodded.

She really didn't know how to feel about that. It was a strange feeling being forgiven...
"We should catch up to the others."

She gently deposited the semblence borne keychain back into Neo's own palm before she gave a quick salute and took off.
Neo sniffled and the keychain of her reappeared 'attached' to one of her belt loops.

The robot-no, Penny was it? She was right, time to get a move on and get done with whatever they were doing.
Then immediately flipped herself in a loop de loop to scoop Neo up in her arms because she realized she was like literally one of the only people here who couldn't fly who wasn't named Yang.
If Neo could yelp, she would have.

Instead she merely clung to Penny as tightly as she could.​

Tiger was on one hand glad that Greki had made it.

On the other...

She was in so much paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiinnnnn-​

"Ookaaaaaay. Well, firecracker, eyes on the prize, huh? If there's anyone who can take care of herself it's that chick, plus there's a whole mess of problems and a slightly less nuts Weiss waiting for ya back home. Now that the whole gang's here, there's a tavern owner on the outskirts of town I helped out with a worm problem when I first got here. Guy agreed to dispense payment in the form of room and board for a... way bigger group than I was honestly expecting." He muttered, running a quick headcount between the rooftop and alley.

"So be ready to double up on rooms. Place's called Obsidian. I'll go make sure everything's set, then we can regroup there and figure out next steps."

The Raven native to this world was sullenly silent the whole time as she led the way to this tavern on the outskirts of the city for the group, a negative mood born of the recognition of how it had been her fault they didn't have the staff, and that it was only because of the timely intervention of her double that they were able to secure the lamp. Again, the version of herself that had returned to her bandit roots managed to secure the lamp when all the rest of them had been caught up in a chaotic fight. Her stubbornness, or foolishness depending on one's perspective, costed them dearly. She'd stuck to her guns and...it didn't go as intended. From an outsider's point of view it might have been amusing. Through all this time, whenever Yang stuck to her choices it seemed to go her way, to have a favorable outcome...but when she tried to do the same, it didn't. Perhaps it was just that Branwen luck, in a less overt manner than Qrow's, or maybe...maybe her not-daughter just somehow always knew the right decision to make to have it pay off in the end. It was...something to be admired. Maybe carrying a degree of envy as well, but no matter.

The choices had been made already, there was no going back to fix them now.

But she could do everything in her power to make sure this relic ended up in their hands. The sword of destruction...the most powerful of all four relics. Not that any of them should end up in Ozpin's dark clutches, but if one of them above all others should be kept out of his hands...

She inwardly shuddered at what he could do with that power. That couldn't be allowed to happen. Not on her watch, not again. So it was after they secured their rooms from the bewildered tavern owner, clearly having not expected a group this size, and after they had all settled in, maybe got a bite to eat...that she spoke and addressed all of them. The collection of huntsmen and huntresses, students, maiden, killers, thieves and one of Atlas's most prized machines...an unorthodox group to say the least, one united only by common goals. "So..." She began, clearing her throat. "Heard from Qrow that Theo didn't really buy his story with the duplicates or whatever you wish to call the lookalikes. This whole other world and all that. Can't say that I blame him, especially if...well." Her gaze lingered on her brother. "Easy to mistake him for someone less than trustworthy." Moreso now that they're both heavily drinking again, she thought with a pang of bitter sadness.

"But with proof-" She gestured at herself and her short-haired counterpart, even throwing a nod to her younger sibling. "-different result. Multiple Branwens should suffice. Doesn't hurt that the story would be coming from my mouth this time either." It had been some time since she'd seen Theo in person, but the trust that existed between Salem, the headmasters and all those who knew the truth about Ozpin, secretly fought against him...that trust was almost as sacred as anything could get. Not that it couldn't be broken, as Sienna, Leo, and now even Ironwood had so disappointingly shown, but until that broken bond was explicitly made clear here, she trusted that Theo would hear her out. "So I say we just head straight for the academy, set him straight and we hopefully learn the maiden is safe and we can secure the relic without fuss." Even in her most optimistically imagined scenario, she knew that it being that easy was a long shot, but...

After everything that had just gone down, it couldn't hurt to try and inspire some hope for the rest of the group. Cinder looked at everyone one after another, from Ruby to Neo to Watts to Vernal and everyone in between, trying to gauge reactions and moods but she herself said nothing. Nor did Nora, sitting somewhat apart from everybody in a corner of the place, trying to will the lingering aches in her scarred arm to settle...for all the good it did. Ruby on her part was hungry like she'd never been before, so any thoughts from her about this stayed exactly that, thoughts. At least while she was stuffing her face with what passed as Vacuo's best meal in this tavern. So...grainy..... : (

"So, questions, concerns, other ideas? Floor's yours."

The Raven native to this world was sullenly silent the whole time as she led the way to this tavern on the outskirts of the city for the group, a negative mood born of the recognition of how it had been her fault they didn't have the staff, and that it was only because of the timely intervention of her double that they were able to secure the lamp. Again, the version of herself that had returned to her bandit roots managed to secure the lamp when all the rest of them had been caught up in a chaotic fight. Her stubbornness, or foolishness depending on one's perspective, costed them dearly. She'd stuck to her guns and...it didn't go as intended. From an outsider's point of view it might have been amusing. Through all this time, whenever Yang stuck to her choices it seemed to go her way, to have a favorable outcome...but when she tried to do the same, it didn't. Perhaps it was just that Branwen luck, in a less overt manner than Qrow's, or maybe...maybe her not-daughter just somehow always knew the right decision to make to have it pay off in the end. It was...something to be admired. Maybe carrying a degree of envy as well, but no matter.

The choices had been made already, there was no going back to fix them now.

But she could do everything in her power to make sure this relic ended up in their hands. The sword of destruction...the most powerful of all four relics. Not that any of them should end up in Ozpin's dark clutches, but if one of them above all others should be kept out of his hands...

She inwardly shuddered at what he could do with that power. That couldn't be allowed to happen. Not on her watch, not again. So it was after they secured their rooms from the bewildered tavern owner, clearly having not expected a group this size, and after they had all settled in, maybe got a bite to eat...that she spoke and addressed all of them. The collection of huntsmen and huntresses, students, maiden, killers, thieves and one of Atlas's most prized machines...an unorthodox group to say the least, one united only by common goals. "So..." She began, clearing her throat. "Heard from Qrow that Theo didn't really buy his story with the duplicates or whatever you wish to call the lookalikes. This whole other world and all that. Can't say that I blame him, especially if...well." Her gaze lingered on her brother. "Easy to mistake him for someone less than trustworthy." Moreso now that they're both heavily drinking again, she thought with a pang of bitter sadness.

"But with proof-" She gestured at herself and her short-haired counterpart, even throwing a nod to her younger sibling. "-different result. Multiple Branwens should suffice. Doesn't hurt that the story would be coming from my mouth this time either." It had been some time since she'd seen Theo in person, but the trust that existed between Salem, the headmasters and all those who knew the truth about Ozpin, secretly fought against him...that trust was almost as sacred as anything could get. Not that it couldn't be broken, as Sienna, Leo, and now even Ironwood had so disappointingly shown, but until that broken bond was explicitly made clear here, she trusted that Theo would hear her out. "So I say we just head straight for the academy, set him straight and we hopefully learn the maiden is safe and we can secure the relic without fuss." Even in her most optimistically imagined scenario, she knew that it being that easy was a long shot, but...

After everything that had just gone down, it couldn't hurt to try and inspire some hope for the rest of the group. Cinder looked at everyone one after another, from Ruby to Neo to Watts to Vernal and everyone in between, trying to gauge reactions and moods but she herself said nothing. Nor did Nora, sitting somewhat apart from everybody in a corner of the place, trying to will the lingering aches in her scarred arm to settle...for all the good it did. Ruby on her part was hungry like she'd never been before, so any thoughts from her about this stayed exactly that, thoughts. At least while she was stuffing her face with what passed as Vacuo's best meal in this tavern. So...grainy..... : (

Yang was slouched in the seat next to Ruby, one arm hanging over the back of her chair and the other swirling a drink as she wore the nondescript, neutral look of someone who was feeling too many warring emotions to portray any of them on her face. Occasionally one would peek out from behind the veil; a dark glare tossed towards Neo, a morose frown accompanied by a faraway stare, a side eyed smirk at her sister's clear yet minor suffering.

At the last question, she raised her glass in lieu of a hand to signal Raven before she spoke up, tone straightforward.

"So, new here, not something we had any sort of primer on back home, and since I don't think you've caught up the kiddies-"

"I'm only two years younger than you-"

"-just the SMALLEST babies-" No she didn't know what a hypocrite was shut up "- on all the secret Salem stuff either, do we know who the summer maiden is?"

Watts rolled his eyes from where he was seated primly in his own seat, arms crossed, but they settled on Raven regardless, curiosity just barely edging out the indescribable need to not let the blonde get the last word in.

Penny was silent, having opted to stand just behind the table rather than take up a seat while engaged in a riveting staring contest with the floor.

Last edited:
a dark glare tossed towards Neo

Neo mockingly waved in Yang's direction as she leaned up against the wall.

Even without Hush, she still felt that she'd fight circles around Blondie. All she needed was an excuse to demonstrate it~
Neo gave a slight shrug.

All she felt that she needed to know were that : they had one of the relics and the other was either lost/still back in Atlas.

Which meant that they weren't as close to getting home as Neo would have liked.

Whether they had to go talk to this Theo or beat him up to get the other relic....The mute was leaning towards the latter.

Preference and all that.​

The Masque hadn't drifted too far from where she'd shambled earlier.

The feeling of numbness had drained any traces of hoping to catch up with the others. It would have only made things worse in her mind. They didn't need her tagging along. Not when she was like this. Slumping down against the wall in an alleyway, Crescent Rose's shadow loomed over Masque's own on the wall behind her. Maybe she could just sit here and relax. All that was here was her and...

She nearly couldn't bring herselff to gaze at the stump. The ethereal limb flicked it's fingers and turned in the direction of Masque's face.

"...*sniffle*"

She let her stump lower and she rested her head back.​

At the last question, she raised her glass in lieu of a hand to signal Raven before she spoke up, tone straightforward.

"So, new here, not something we had any sort of primer on back home, and since I don't think you've caught up the kiddies-"

"I'm only two years younger than you-"

"-just the SMALLEST babies-" No she didn't know what a hypocrite was shut up "- on all the secret Salem stuff either, do we know who the summer maiden is?"

Watts rolled his eyes from where he was seated primly in his own seat, arms crossed, but they settled on Raven regardless, curiosity just barely edging out the indescribable need to not let the blonde get the last word in.

“Yes.” Raven answered with a nod. She hesitated for a few moments, worry flashing across her face before she continued. “Or at the very least, we did. It has been a while since I last checked with Theo about her. A while even before the loss of global communications, and with all that has happened, I can’t be a hundred percent certain it is still the case. I hope so, I hope things have not gotten that bad but...” The wish to inspire hope warred with the more cynical thought process inside her. She sighed and resumed. “Provided nothing has changed, the woman we’re looking for is Kira Karsyn. Platinum blonde, bright green eyes, very fair-skinned, tends to be very quiet or even completely silent in large crowds. Much prefers the company of animals to people. Headmaster Theodore should have more.”

Neo gave a slight shrug.

All she felt that she needed to know were that : they had one of the relics and the other was either lost/still back in Atlas.

Which meant that they weren't as close to getting home as Neo would have liked.

Whether they had to go talk to this Theo or beat him up to get the other relic....The mute was leaning towards the latter.

Preference and all that.

Nora’s head had lifted up to observe all the others when Raven began to address them all and her eyes narrowed after Neo’s response, her own glare just as dark as Yang’s if not more so. “Why is she even here? She’s the one who got Winter...” The ginger didn’t say the actual word, couldn’t yet manage to, as if not saying it helped. “Just because she has no weapon doesn’t mean she’s not dangerous. Who knows what is actually going on in between those ears, what she plans to do. For all we know this could just be a scheme to get to the relic and steal it away. She helped bring down Beacon back home, participated in the attack on Haven here...why should we trust her?”

The uneasy silence that ensued in the wake of their game of shouting tennis had nothing to do with Blake (prospectively) telling her to shut up and everything to do with one simple truth. Somewhere between the dangerously enticing unfettered imbecile to her left, the hilariously literal manifestation of Schrödinger's cat who may or may not have been pointing a gun at her head, and the veritable storm of Grimm crystallizing in the fog around them Weiss came to an abrupt conclusion.

She rather didn't care to die, actually, now that the dust was settling and she was all through embarrassing herself in front of schoolchildren by way of nervous breakdown, she had thought she did but she didn't. Regardless of how much or how little more she felt she had to offer, dying was just so dreadfully boring, so common. So not her. Letting herself be finished here would've been like writing Sienna Khan a cheque for the value everything she owned. More to the point, if she died Zwei was going to be stuck at that torpid, uninspired doggie daycare where she never told anyone where to buy the special food he likes forever and he was going to refuse to eat and then he was going to die, too. Dying would've been an actively selfish act of her, not an elegant or gracious one. Of course. How silly of her to even entertain the notion.

So that was definitely, emphatically off the agenda. To be kept in mind as she watched Ozpin do his agonizingly tedious little approach routine, giving all in the cockpit a visceral reminder of both the limitless amount of power an immortal wielded and the even more limitless amounts of time they had on their hands. Weiss found herself wondering, on occasion, exactly how much time Ozpin had wasted in his life. On biding his time, on acting without urgency, on devoting an incomprehensible number of minutes every day to making sure everyone in a given room feared him too much to ever contemplate standing against him. Weiss couldn't even fathom what she might have achieved, if given the benefit of an immortal lifespan. Just how much of Ozpin's had he wasted?

She was going to make him count.

That was along the lines of what she wanted to say. That, or a dozen other grandiose, pregenerated speeches like it.

There was a faint metallic clang as his stride took him to step right on top of the cockpit and he peered down, red eyes scrutinizing the inside of that ship...and his relaxed smile grew. "How good to see you all once more." That greeting might very well have come from his otherworldly counterpart, only now showing up on this Remnant as well, given how warm and sincere it sounded, but it was undeniably the words of the grimm's dark master. Sounded utterly genuine as well, even for those such as...

Red eyes settled with eerie calm on Weiss Schnee.

"Especially you. How is Atlas these days, hmm?"

tumblr_pqrxqorZXg1w5ixubo1_1280.png

"If your plan of attack in any way resembles this? Then I imagine they're grateful you chose pants today."

So it was a disappointment to her more than anyone when she opened her mouth and all that emerged was sass so muted, strained and irritable it made her snap it shut again instantly and scowl out the passenger side window. Which meant the Dragon also had little issue overriding her voice this round, thoughts that ironically weren't far removed, if a little less complex.

ba8fc9c9c6d78bf5ab49ceb8d0072ab7.png

Sigh. Daddy was such a drag when he was focused on proving he had the biggest, hardest dick around. The deadpan tone and flick of the eyes she gave in a light roll communicated her feelings on such as she left the Manta on automatic and leaned forward on the steering, arms folded under her chin sullenly.

"Yayyyyyy, awesome. Roll out the red carpet why don'tcha. Atlas is rock fuckin' solid, actually, considering it's back on our side now thanks to the kitty and me. You think we could pause on that for just a sec before you start slobbering all over your little runaway rich girl? Which, by the way, also no biggie. No really, don't even fucking thank me or anything."

This kindly headmaster act just did nothing for her, she was sorry to say.​

Last edited:
Wherever team serial killer catcher were, whatever they were doing, an embittered-looking Emerald stepped away from a suspiciously long and fraught with tension huddle with Mercury to clear her throat and motion for the group to stop.

9mrfdof1ssn21.jpg

"Hey, so I know this is a really dumb and outrageous question, and anyone asking it should feel so bad they die, but what the hell is going on right now? Like what are we doing. Mercury wants to know," she added in a blur before stepping back.

tumblr_p2vebgkCkS1u4jo87o1_400.png

Mercury looked blindsided. "No? Ummmmmmmm. Well, it's more like... we have this system in our team, okay, where we can ask someone to do something embarrassing in our place, no questions asked, and they have to take the bullet but they get two favors back? Anyway Emerald just completely ignored that and snitched on me."

"I forgot."

"No you didn't! I made it super obvious-"

"We haven't done that since school."

"-really clear that that was what it was, plus your voice went all low so you clearly felt guilty."

"Since school."

"Snitch."

Wherever team serial killer catcher were, whatever they were doing, an embittered-looking Emerald stepped away from a suspiciously long and fraught with tension huddle with Mercury to clear her throat and motion for the group to stop.

As it had turned out, the group's search had brought them to a warehouse that looked as though it'd seen it's fair share of use over the years. Machines sat unused and covered in cobwebs and dust. Chairs meant for the workers were broken and laying around amid the empty pile of crates laying here and there. However, they wouldn't be finding any murderer lurking within these dilapidated walls. Only the remnants of what remained of the Hitman Team after Char and Blanche had been defeated/forced under threat of death to assist Team MTEN in tracking down the Mistral Murderer(who was believed by Callie to have had some ties to big figures among the criminal circuit that covered up his crimes.)

The gunslinger and resident shittalker Violet had taken something of a casual approach to the fight that was going to be underway. As far as she and the others were concerned, the goal was thus: kick some ass and retrieve Char and Blanche and split. Leave Mistral behind and maybe get new identities and move on with their lives. As much as hired killers really could anyway. Standing at the top of the stairs leading up to the control room for the machines down on the floor, Violet watched the group talk amongst themselves. As if she and Vanilie weren't even here. "I dunno, can you GET any ruder....?" She muttered and the fox faunus shrugged her shoulders.

While Mercury and Emerald asked for a sitrep/explanation of just what the hell the group had gotten themselves into, a third figure apart from the two members of the Hitman Team and the Serial Killer Catching Squad(gotta think of a better name...)moved quietly around the crates trying to approach the duo before things got too hectic. Dressed like a jester with dirty blonde hair poking out from behind the clown mask that hung loosely over his face with the thinnest of strings holding it in place, he tiptoed across the floor and quietly went about removing the glove on his left hand, his delicate fingers twitching and bending as he continued to close the distance. Once he felt he was finally close enough...he pounced!

*THWAP*

His fingers and by extension his hand ended up mere inches away from Mercury's face. Around his forearm was the prosthetic tail that Trifa had made for Tyrian. The faunus had been unsure of what this guy's deal was but watching his movements clearly even in the darkness of the warehouse, he'd made his move before he could touch either Emerald or Mercury. "I think we're fighting..." Tyrian growled. "Looks like Callie was right. If hunting down that murderer brought out more goons then the Ashes's Boss has something to do with it. Doesn't he?!" He asked the captive man who merely shrugged his shoulders.

Blanco couldn't quite make things out too well in the warehouse but the man's clown mask was just festive enough to be spotted. It didn't take long before the dots started to connect for the gangster. "Tyrian! Get away from him! He's one of the Boss's Elite Guards!" He shouted but it was too late. The man had used his teeth to pull the glove off his other hand and reached out to touch the part of Tyrian's tail that still looked organic. Whoever this man was or whatever position he had with the Boss didn't matter. Tyrian wanted his friend back and he'd fight anybody to do it. Pulling the man towards him by yanking on his bound arm, Tyrian reared back a punch and swung out-

*THWACK*

The mask was knocked off and sent fluttering to the ground with a light *skritch* as Tyrian's tail unwound and recoiled. The man's eyes widened as he was thrown back and landed on the cold tiled floor a few inches away from Tyrian. "For an 'elite', he sure ate that punch-" The man's face had been revealed after the punch but as he slowly sat up and smiled at Tyrian, the faunus realized something. He hadn't even see the guy's aura shimmer after that punch. It was at that point, Emerald, Mercury, Blanco, and Callie could have seen Tyrian's aura shimmer and the left side of his face cave in as if he'd gotten slugged pretty good. He was knocked to the floor and immediately clutched at his face. "O-Ow?! What the hell just hit me?!"

The elite that Blanco had tried to warn Tyrian off stood up, brushing himself off, and picked his mask up. Slipping it back on over his head, a light glow ebbed around his fingers.

'The Show Must Go On': the semblance that'd let Ghastly Ebony turn anyone he'd touched into a puppet. To take a blow for him and spare him the damage!~

Watching from up above, Violet sneered. She hated the fact that this creep had to come along with them at all. Every one of the Boss's Elite made her skin crawl. Merc's dad likely wouldn't have been an exception but the guy was too much of a prick to even give the Hitman Team the time of day. "I think we've watched enough, Vanile. Let's get down there!" Vaulting over the railing and hopping down atop a crate, Vanile followed suit landing down on the floor. No point in wasting any more time talking shop. They weren't here to make friends or hold a dialogue. They were here to get their two dipshits back. Violet aimed her pistols at Emerald and steam began to emit from Vanile's legs as she burst forward with a kick aimed for Mercury's midsection.

Ghastly having recovered just fine once more attempted to try and sneak up on another unsuspecting victim: Callie this time~

As chaos was beginning to brew within the confines of the warehouse, a foul wind blew across the area. Windows trembled in their frames, doors shuttered and slammed. The man behind the Bound Ashes and behind a majority of Mistral's influence as a whole wasn't just one person. But rather three personalities all vying for influence among eachother, each believing that they were one of the Boss's most trusted comrade/friend. When at the crux of it all, the mysterious enigma known to most of his minions as 'The Boss' cared only for the everlasting continuation of his rule over Mistral. Anything that stood in the way of that was to be eliminated without question. Tyrian Callows and his rogue band of petty little grievances were but the most recent example. Sometimes running an organization as powerful as the Ashes meant making tough decisions.

Appeasing the murderous personality within your fractured subconscious was one of those decisions.

"To think that all of this has spiraled out to the degree it has over...one....animal." 'The Boss' murmured softly but not to himself. Aurora and 'Jack' could hear him just fine as he watched over the warehouse from a nearby rooftop. Jack's disguise of a grey overcoat with bandages masking his features hiding him away left him feeling disgusted. "Had I my way, she'd have been tossed out among the other filth. Left in the sewers where all of the rest of the trash goes. But I suppose...leeway must be given here and there." The longer this dragged out the more his identity was at risk. If any of the miserable little miscreants, traitors, and animals discovered that he and the 'Mistral Murderer' were one in the same. It could unravel decades years of work. All of the blood, sweat, and tears he'd wrung out of Mistral to stood where he did among the rest of the refuse, it'd all be for naught.

"I refuse that reality." He stated simply as he glanced down at the front of the warehouse. The steel door had been lowered as the others had let themselves in. Likely scoping around for any clues, traces, on the potential whereabouts of the Mistral Murderer. Standing outside were Blanche and Char-men who would have normally been of no consequence to the Boss-but given where their loyalties seemed to be resting at the current moment. If the 'Null Zone' was activated and this unruly disguise shredded apart....

Char was a problem that needed to be corrected.

Down on the ground, Char and Blanche listened to the sounds of battle inside the warehouse. Tapping his fist on the door, Blanche chuckled. "Well, I guess it can't be all bad, huh? Those kids could have made us fight too." Char didn't seem as amused. "...I dunno. I was kinda bummed they didn't let Pinky come along." "...Pinky?" "Yeah, you know. The dumb kid who don't talk." "Ahhh....She knocked you out right-" "NO. She didn't....her friends did."

"I got knocked out by some kinda street bum."

"It's all relative."

A particularly loud wind slammed against the door and caused the two to stumble back. "Geez...If our damn scrolls worked we'd be able to check the weather report or something." Blanche complained before it slowly dawned on them. The weather outside had been fine just a moment ago. It was dark out sure but it felt relatively fine. No signs of rain or anything of the sort. But what had that scorpion kid said? 'When I fought the killer...there was lots of wind.' Char and Blanche turned their heads and standing in between them was a towering figure, his chest heaving up and down.

"I-It's the the-"

"Killer!"

The killer lashed out with a wave of his left arm. The sudden updraft took Blanche up, up, up and away. Far away to the point he landed atop a car parked down the street. Without so much as wasting a second he turned on Char who was fumbling to bring out Riot Breaker. "Char." The murderer spoke calmly. "Why don't you go and activate your semblance?" He asked as he turned to stand over the hitman. "W-What?"

"Go on. Activate it. I want to see if you can."

Char couldn't really explain the feeling surging within him. It was the same kind of stomach churning feeling that only popped up when Aurora gave them bad news or if the Boss had sent them a message. Before he knew it, he'd broken out into something of a cold sweat. His hair was a mess and Riot Breaker clattered atop the concrete. He stumbled back and the killer got closer. "You can't can you? No....It's just as I thought. You need unbroken concentration in order to focus and activate it. But it'd be a challenge for any man to stand bravely, let alone defiantly, in the face of impending death." His boots quietly plodded along the ground. "Rest assured, Char, your death IS inevitable. No matter how long it takes us to reach it."

Char wasn't just scared. He was downright terrified.

This task had grown too important to leave up to a lunatic like Jack. Thus, it was up to none other than the Boss himself as a torrent of wind encircled his left arm. He pulled the limb back and thrust it forward seemingly planning on trying to punch a hole straight through his former subordinate.

'Die and take with you your utter weakness!'

tumblr_pqrxqorZXg1w5ixubo1_1280.png

"If your plan of attack in any way resembles this? Then I imagine they're grateful you chose pants today."

So it was a disappointment to her more than anyone when she opened her mouth and all that emerged was sass so muted, strained and irritable it made her snap it shut again instantly and scowl out the passenger side window. Which meant the Dragon also had little issue overriding her voice this round, thoughts that ironically weren't far removed, if a little less complex.

"Hrm." His expression hardly changed at all as he listened to that(even ignoring the Dragon's own response for a short time), there was no tempestuous anger that emerged, as it might have with some at such a mocking tone and choice of words. No reaction...not until a smirk emerged, one that was arguably more dangerous to see on his face than even the most fiery expression of rage. "Irreverent sarcasm and scorn, from one caught in such a precarious position. That is bold of you." He chuckled. "Refreshingly so! I must admit that. It has been some time since I encountered such boldness from one surrounded with dangers. When was the last time?" He glanced to the side, as if in deep thought, when really the sound of his voice made it clear he already knew the answer to his question. "Oh yes, that's right. With the renowned huntress on the day I came for her." His smile grew, and it became even more apparent a fact to everybody in the ship that he liked to hear himself talk, given he was taking the time to say all this while standing on the airship like it was no huge concern.

"I'm sure you're familiar with the one. Remarkably skilled, yes, but it was her unique status among Salem's little faction that had me interested. Somebody who not only was gifted with the power to defeat even death, just as she and I have been, but also had the capability to stop harm as well? Immortality and invincibility together? Quite a useful combination, no matter how temporary one of those was. Quite the combination, one I would have very much liked to possess among my follower's ranks. The day I came for her, she was every bit as disdainful and mocking as you. More so, even! She kept it up for so long, so much so that even I had a certain respect for her tolerance of pain. I killed her, you see. Numerous times. So many so that while I never grew bored, I did lose track of just how many times I witnessed the poor faunus's demise. I went there with serious intent, but it almost became something of a game really. She would rise back up, offer some colorful and scornful words and do her best to put up a fight...and I slayed her again, and again, and again. The longest she was down was..." His head tilted up, really thinking this time. "Five hours and 47 minutes, I believe. Not a short time to wait, but then, when you have lived as long as I have, patience is one thing you come to have an abundance of, I'm sure you understand." He paused, actually looking somewhat apologetic but whether that was genuine or a faux display was impossible to determine.

"But I'm not here to go on and on about that, so I'll just move straight to the point. She thought her unique status and power and ability made her better suited than most to handle me. I daresay she might have even had the audacity to think she was destined to end me for good, just as I presume you thought that your unique status, power, and ability made you believe you were fated to do the deed. Yet here you are, surrounded, cuffed and as powerless as she ever was. She was robbed of that proud notion just as you were of your grand ambitions. In fact, when it became clear that she wouldn't give in no matter how obvious it was that she was sorely outclassed, despite the level of pain, well...I thought about forcing it on her more directly with my semblance, of taking away her agency in the matter. Not my preferred approach on the matter, but I would have done it. Or perhaps I would have just taken her to my castle and thrown her in there, to serve as an immortal...how would she put it? Oh yes, an immortal punching bag. Someone I could just watch suffer for eternity. There she would have learned that she had not in fact cheated death and pain, but it was death and pain that cheated her. She might very well have had that be her grand destiny, were it not for one Raven Branwen saving her from that potential outcome. In and out through a portal so swiftly that even my grimm didn't register they were under attack until she was gone. The crocodile faunus escaped whatever fate I might have bestowed upon her that day."

Another smile emerged. "Would anyone save you, I wonder? Thoughts, Miss Schnee?" He even politely asked, well aware that Weiss never lacked the capacity for speeches herself and inviting her to speak.​

ba8fc9c9c6d78bf5ab49ceb8d0072ab7.png

Sigh. Daddy was such a drag when he was focused on proving he had the biggest, hardest dick around. The deadpan tone and flick of the eyes she gave in a light roll communicated her feelings on such as she left the Manta on automatic and leaned forward on the steering, arms folded under her chin sullenly.

"Yayyyyyy, awesome. Roll out the red carpet why don'tcha. Atlas is rock fuckin' solid, actually, considering it's back on our side now thanks to the kitty and me. You think we could pause on that for just a sec before you start slobbering all over your little runaway rich girl? Which, by the way, also no biggie. No really, don't even fucking thank me or anything."

This kindly headmaster act just did nothing for her, she was sorry to say.

Which is when he finally looked over towards the Dragon and responded to her words that he had ignored earlier. "Dragon..." His eyes were narrowed, a far more serious look on his face then, almost as if he was about to...but no. He relented for one reason or another, and a more appreciative look replaced that dangerous expression. "Of course you are to be thanked, dear dragon. Blake Belladonna as well. You have brought Weiss Schnee here, to me. You have brought me one of the most dangerous people on the world of Remnant, and you are to be commended for such an act, as well as the loyalty you showed in doing so, daughter. Yet words hardly seem enough to show my appreciation for your efforts. Tell me, is there a more tangible reward you desire? Simply say so." He waited, though not for long before adding: "And back on our side, you say? Explain that as well, alongside any reward you wish."

Last edited:
Which is when he finally looked over towards the Dragon and responded to her words that he had ignored earlier. "Dragon..." His eyes were narrowed, a far more serious look on his face then, almost as if he was about to...but no. He relented for one reason or another, and a more appreciative look replaced that dangerous expression. "Of course you are to be thanked, dear dragon. Blake Belladonna as well. You have brought Weiss Schnee here, to me. You have brought me one of the most dangerous people on the world of Remnant, and you are to be commended for such an act, as well as the loyalty you showed in doing so, daughter. Yet words hardly seem enough to show my appreciation for your efforts. Tell me, is there a more tangible reward you desire? Simply say so." He waited, though not for long before adding: "And back on our side, you say? Explain that as well, alongside any reward you wish."

There was no mistaking the slightly rounder aspect the Dragon's eyes took on at his initial tone, her demeanor pricking up a bit in alarm. Stranger still was how that instinctive response fizzled out to her slinking forward in apparent boredom with weight on the steering wheel again, letting her eyes lid and her lower lip curl into a bratty, come-hither pout as she blew a lock of hair from her face, watching the window fog up and absently tracing hearts in the glass with her finger.

"Mmmmm... I wish for a billion wishes," she murmured dreamily, in equal parts a husky purr of seduction and dangerously provocative testing of his patience as she not only opted against providing the explanation he requested but also seemingly against so much as sparing him another glance. The mock cold shoulder was clearly deliberate, no apparent reservations on the Dragon's part about making it known when she felt underappreciated.

Thankfully, the information he sought did come, if from another angle.

"Lord Ozpin."

There, stepping through to the cockpit from the back of the ship as casually and unconcernedly as if he hadn't quite literally strolled through a sea of cots occupied by some of his most vicious enemies to get there, Carnelian bowed his head as he took one knee, no chance of masking the deferential regard in his tone even if he wanted to.

"It's a privilege to finally behold you in person. Consider me an admirer, and the kingdom of Atlas once more at your disposal. James Ironwood sends his regards."

He lifted his head, and once again no effort was made to disguise his feelings as his cybernetic optics zoomed in on the hunched, deformed Lionheart where he stood, a crinkle of obvious amusement playing on the corners of his lips.

"You'll understand why he decided against attending this meeting personally. I, on the other hand, prefer to conduct my business face to face, and he assures me he'll do anything in his power to avoid unnecessary war between our great nations. You might be thinking, 'heard that one before'." A derisive snort escaped his lips, aimed at Weiss's back where his former associate was doing a stellar job of disregarding his entire existence.

"So having lived in the man's head, allow me to certify you won't have to worry about him toeing the line. Consider the Schnee whelp a token of our fidelity. And if you're ever harboring doubts as to anyone under your banner's loyalty again, it might interest you to know my semblance makes it highly difficult to keep a secret from me."

His grin was earnest and grandfatherly in all the same ways it was sinister and vicious, a puzzling juxtaposition that somehow seemed completely at home on his aged, dusty face.

"Hrm." His expression hardly changed at all as he listened to that(even ignoring the Dragon's own response for a short time), there was no tempestuous anger that emerged, as it might have with some at such a mocking tone and choice of words. No reaction...not until a smirk emerged, one that was arguably more dangerous to see on his face than even the most fiery expression of rage. "Irreverent sarcasm and scorn, from one caught in such a precarious position. That is bold of you." He chuckled. "Refreshingly so! I must admit that. It has been some time since I encountered such boldness from one surrounded with dangers. When was the last time?" He glanced to the side, as if in deep thought, when really the sound of his voice made it clear he already knew the answer to his question. "Oh yes, that's right. With the renowned huntress on the day I came for her." His smile grew, and it became even more apparent a fact to everybody in the ship that he liked to hear himself talk, given he was taking the time to say all this while standing on the airship like it was no huge concern.

"I'm sure you're familiar with the one. Remarkably skilled, yes, but it was her unique status among Salem's little faction that had me interested. Somebody who not only was gifted with the power to defeat even death, just as she and I have been, but also had the capability to stop harm as well? Immortality and invincibility together? Quite a useful combination, no matter how temporary one of those was. Quite the combination, one I would have very much liked to possess among my follower's ranks. The day I came for her, she was every bit as disdainful and mocking as you. More so, even! She kept it up for so long, so much so that even I had a certain respect for her tolerance of pain. I killed her, you see. Numerous times. So many so that while I never grew bored, I did lose track of just how many times I witnessed the poor faunus's demise. I went there with serious intent, but it almost became something of a game really. She would rise back up, offer some colorful and scornful words and do her best to put up a fight...and I slayed her again, and again, and again. The longest she was down was..." His head tilted up, really thinking this time. "Five hours and 47 minutes, I believe. Not a short time to wait, but then, when you have lived as long as I have, patience is one thing you come to have an abundance of, I'm sure you understand." He paused, actually looking somewhat apologetic but whether that was genuine or a faux display was impossible to determine.

"But I'm not here to go on and on about that, so I'll just move straight to the point. She thought her unique status and power and ability made her better suited than most to handle me. I daresay she might have even had the audacity to think she was destined to be end me for good, just as I presume you thought that your unique status, power, and ability made you believe you were fated to do the deed. Yet here you are, surrounded, cuffed and as powerless as she ever was. She was robbed of that proud notion just as you were of your grand ambitions. In fact, when it became clear that she wouldn't give in no matter how obvious it was that she was sorely outclassed, despite the level of pain, well...I thought about forcing it on her more directly with my semblance, of taking away her agency in the matter. Not my preferred approach on the matter, but I would have done it. Or perhaps I would have just taken her to my castle and thrown her in there, to serve as an immortal...how would she put it? Oh yes, an immortal punching bag. Someone I could just watch suffer for eternity. There she would have learned that she had not in fact cheated death and pain, but it was death and pain that cheated her. She might very well have had that be her grand destiny, were it not for one Raven Branwen saving her from that potential outcome. In and out through a portal so swiftly that even my grimm didn't register they were under attack until she was gone. The crocodile faunus escaped whatever fate I might have bestowed upon her that day."

Another smile emerged. "Would anyone save you, I wonder? Thoughts, Miss Schnee?" He even politely asked, well aware that Weiss never lacked the capacity for speeches herself and inviting her to speak.

It dawned on her, some two thirds of the way through listening to that foreboding, astronomically lengthy speech, that she quite simply didn't care for this story. Nor anyone in it. It reminded her of all the times she was told to stand in her father's study and wait while he prattled on and on about some overwrought, irrelevant reminiscence from his life that was presumably supposed to instill a lesson in her of some kind. Eventually, it had; she resolved to never, ever be this tiresome.

It occurred to her about a second after that that there were probably a handful of people out there under the impression that Weiss herself was as insufferably in love with the sound of her own voice as this bore was, and it was true that in the right key it wasn't awful. But the truth was she'd have gladly traded it for another if made a compelling offer, and when it came to elocution there was one key difference between her and this dull, uninspired, self-indulgent hack cretin.

Weiss actually had something to say.

So she found it strange, after all the planning, acrimony and ballyhoo, that looking at this man brought nothing in particular to mind. Nothing that hadn't already been said, at least. Yet speak she did, a slow, deliberate reply given without lifting her gaze to make eye contact from the ocean view through her window.

tumblr_pvxunv41WY1yoh6oco3_400.jpg

"My first thought is that sounds like almost as colossal a waste of time as one of these unsolicited anecdotes of yours. Try to remember not everyone shares your immortal sense of patience, yes? Also, I'm answering your question with a question."

A lesser woman might have asked for permission or forgiveness for doing so. Weiss just stated her intent, calm, clear, and laser focused as she finally lifted her eyes to his, and when she did speak her question she kept it equally as concise.

"How does it feel to be dead?"

She stared, expectant. The moment their gazes met, Ozpin could practically see the conviction ignite in those eyes like twin barrels of kerosene; a purpose that verged on divine or unhinged depending on how this played out. Weiss hadn't simply offered herself on a suicide run. For her, this was everything. This was the moment. The one everything else in her life had simply been a prelude to. The royal test, the final rung on the ladder, whatever you wanted to call it. This was what validated everything Weiss Schnee had chosen to be.

"I don't just mean what happens when you close your eyes and stop breathing. I mean gone. I'm asking how it feels to be the last echo of a buried civilization. How it feels knowing entire generations are going to live, flourish and die without ever knowing your name, your purpose, any of it, and by the time the final thought of you slips away from the last Grimm to bother acknowledging they ever served a master in the first place there won't be a trace of your legacy to be found in all four corners of Remnant. All those years, all those lifetimes, and you wasted them. Every single one of those delightful yarns, reduced to vapor. Because your time is up. How does it feel to know that, Ozma? How does it feel to be a ghost?"

It was the culmination of years of planning, but it was so much more than that. This, in short, was the source of all her headaches. This was the day she had spent every waking moment thinking about.

For months.

SNAP

If any in the room yet operated under the misconception that any cuffs in the equation were anything more than ornamental, or she was here by anyone's volition other than her own, then the fact that she snapped the pair tethering her wrists as cleanly and effortlessly as snapping off an icicle must have been illuminating. The link clattered to the floor in a hail of ice shavings, Weiss's eyes exploding with a clashing display of lights, no apparent concern given for the ship full of quite literally terrifying killers at her shoulders.

"Be sure to let me know."

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back