• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Dissapointed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't remember who's post it was, but you can see someone's profile the old way by holding your mouse over their profile picture, or their name.

Last edited by a moderator:
but in the old system you only needed to click once and everything was there in basically once place and didn't jump you around everywhere. The jumping around is pretty unnecessary...especially since functionality is far more important than customization. Could care less about customizing things....I just want things to be easy to work with.

If a forum is great it doesn't need all these bells and whistles....all that matters is the story the people weave together and  nothing more.

You might not care, but you aren't the only user. Options shouldn't be removed just because not everyone uses them. From what I've looked at, this new system seems to basically be the HP system, more or less, and that'll allow a lot more people to be a lot more organized with things instead of everything being an obscene clusterfuck. If you don't need extra organizations, sure, that's fine, but an extra click isn't going to end the world.

The notification bar on the mobile is a little buggy though so far that's my complaint but

It's not even a fucking day tho. Not even a day. A SINGLE DAY. Let's have some tiny bit of patience. I expect you can't just drag and drop shit like it's kiddie's pre-coding program. 

What helps to get over this is I type out a response to vent and never sent it. (Hopefully)

I'm gonna wait the time they say we need to see the site back to what it is.  If it is not what I expected, I'mma just say goodbye and reflect how much enjoyment I spent here. Honestly hope it doesn't come to that after I sung an inordinate amount of praises for this site I hope I don't become a liar--but with some trust I expect a new day that I, hopefully, will get a lot more brighter and functional.  

Anyways Dwiz, Meredith, Anyone on the dev team. Good luck so far--stay strong and know that in the end there's some peeps having some faith in you. Love you guys. Love RPn. Love the roleplays I spent here and love the people I met here because of this site. Thank you and hopefully everything goes well. 

I actually care a lot....and the tabs were wonderful. they were simple, right at the top and clearly labeled which part of the forum was where. It was clean and actually, right now the structure is a cluserfuck.

The tab system WAS the more organized and professional looking one. and every single person I know and every rp I've seen used them well and it created a far more cohesive and group bonding environment. And it was far less intimidating and annoying looking as well.

I just want things to be easy to work with.

But it is fucking easy. I just handed this whole thing to my sister who is like, fucking 10 years old, and told her to make a bloody thread for me. She managed to do it without even turning to look at me and going "SHIT, THERE'S TOO MANY CUSTOMIZATION OPTIONS IM SO CONFUSED." 

If one click is going to ruin your experience, maybe take away the locks on your door. It's much more easier to go in without unlocking it. Shit, man. This is just so goddamn trivial, I don't know why this needs to be in this goddamn thread. All I'm hearing now is just nitpicking at nothing. 

The BBCodes, yes, I understand, that is hard work and satisfaction is a nice thing to feel. But again, I would like to remind people, that this is an RPing site. Let me be direct, so I don't end up being a hypocrite of my own passive aggressive remark earlier: you're supposed to writes teh goodly, not codes teh epiczorzXDXD. I'm not telling you to shut it with that argument, because I am also pretty let down because I only just mastered the basics of coding too, only to have it be taken away. BUT, it's not the end of the world. It's not going to destroy the site and your RPing spirit, am i right? Or are you just going to use Rping as an excuse to show off your codes?

It's simple but not as much as it used to be. If you remember how the old one worked then this one is clearly far more complex than need be. The customizing title card is nice, but seriously. one should not have to leap through that many pages just to get to their forum!!!! It's absurd!

Why make things more complicated than need be? lol.

I have showed it to friends who've never seen the site and they think it's tough to navigate...just the main page. soooo, yeah...there's that.

It's not even a fucking day tho. Not even a day. A SINGLE DAY. Let's have some tiny bit of patience. I expect you can't just drag and drop shit like it's kiddie's pre-coding program. 

I agree. The staff is calling for patience for a reason.

Staff: Please be patient

Players: *complain immediately*

Waiting is important. There are undeniably things that are frustrating or not working properly. There is reason to feel frustrated. That being said, the most effective thing to do is a mix of waiting to see what further updates are in store, and reporting any glitches that need fixing. The staff is really busy working on this website and helping people. While it is understandable to be impatient, now is not the time to gripe.

Aight, I'm coming in here for a second. Yes, I was AGAINST this update. I dreaded the idea from the start, but I did try to do my best to just suck it up and keep an open mind. Today was the hardest day to keep positive. And, even now, I am battling. I don't care about a whole lot right now since I am stunned to a stupor... but all I wanted back was one single thread... and I can't get that back. Yes, I threw a tantrum and shit because the shit that made me calm and relax after work and real life stresses is gone. And, what's been replaced is docs. Word docs. A forced system of docing. And, yet... I held on to the one hope that the "seller" of it was amazing to make my thread idea come to life... was lacklaster and shit. BUT!!! BUT...

You're threads are not permanently deleted. They are here: https://www.rpnation.com/forum/198-old-system-roleplays/

I am at least giving a month. One month from today to see if things change for the better. Things are organized. Things are put in place. Righted. We move on and start testing the system. Start making threads again. But, if nothing changes and the frustration remains, by all mean, I'll act. Do what I need to do.

Thank you for giving our update an honest chance.  We are working as fast as we can to fix everything.

Naw Kes, I wanted my test thread back but: http://prntscr.com/c3uno8

Yeah. I don't even care about my RP threads. Those are so fucking heavily coded that I can always try and rebuild them. I have their info saved in docs. But, my test thread. My heart and soul of what I use to code and save my blank formats... I can't get it in because I either didn't understand or it wasn't made clear that it's only to "roleplay" threads.

I would also be a tad less peeved if my CS page for some of my rps and the overview and OOC would have been saved, but nope. Gone. Great.....so much for everything being saved unless that's still hopefully a process....

If any of you have ever roleplayed on an Insyder Network forum (I have), then you'd realize that all these "new" features aren't really new. This new system is actually just another forum's system, except a lesser version of it.

BBCode has been slaughtered.

Tabs were executed

Mods turned on their system command override to start transferring loads of old RP's

The thread I'm in only has the old OOC in the main RP list.

The hype for this new update just turned into Watchdogs

Last edited by a moderator:
Naw Kes, I wanted my test thread back but: http://prntscr.com/c3uno8

Yeah. I don't even care about my RP threads. Those are so fucking heavily coded that I can always try and rebuild them. I have their info saved in docs. But, my test thread. My heart and soul of what I use to code and save my blank formats... I can't get it in because I either didn't understand or it wasn't made clear that it's only to "roleplay" threads.

The message you screencapped literally says why your thread can't be moved into the "new system". The new system is a group roleplay system. Threads that are not group roleplays do not get moved into the group roleplay system.

In the meantime, there are STILL background processes running that are continuing to rebuild the site. As these processes compile and the site updates, threads will slowly fix themselves. All threads. Everywhere.

Mayhem, I've known you since our Gaia days. I know you're better than this, that you're entirely capable of the patience that I'm asking of you as both a friend and a moderator. The planet is going to keep spinning regardless, and by the time it's spun around maybe... seven more times, the site will be back to full functionality.

I did....I sorted via title and nothing at all. All the work in CS and chat in OOC gone. and overview too. Lawd knows where that info is.

And, dude... if that's the case then I wouldn't even have made that request in the first place. And, I did say I'm giving it a month to see if things change.

But... I didn't know you were on Gaia until you told me. We haven't even been in a roleplay together on Gaia before. I think bringing that up that you know me from my day on Gaia is freaking inaccurate at best. I will drop the subject on that matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back