• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Dissapointed

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my roleplays aren't an immediate need to be moved but the ones that have been moved were immediate? 

No.

Some roleplays can't be moved because people haven't answered us yet. We have people working on roleplays right now. We have people working on other things right now. Calm down and let us get it sorted.

So I just woke up and saw the site (I saw it this morning, but I was too tired to actually check it out) But, I wanted to throw my two cents in the mix (I'll try not to be salty as you guys call it, but we'll see how it goes)

So, before I was annoyed about the BBCode changing and I was reassured that it was going to be fine and that you guys had already used it and liked it, so I was told not to knock it till I tried it, well I've tried it and I seriously hate it (I saw that you guys were still working on it and that's fine, but I would've have minded waiting a bit longer since BBCode was a big part of this site for me and most other people. But it is, what it is) and apart from the fact that all my code is broken and all formatting is gone and it just looks like a total mess, my main problem is that I can't begin to fix any of it, because of the limitedness of the Code available. (I remember you guys saying that we wouldn't lose any of that code, so I'm hoping it will be added. Like really hoping, because otherwise I won't be happy, but I still have some faith in you guys) So I'm really stuck on what to do here, because if you guys don't add the code back I can't fix any of my stuff (If it doesn't automatically fix itself, which will make me cry, cause I've got over two thousand posts, all of them with some sort of code in them)

Another problem I have, which is really kind of minor in comparison, but the fact that we can't delete posts anymore, just hide them. It just kind of ticks me off, because if you're a thread owner, you can still see them, which means that if you deleted posts in the past, they all show back up (Just as a suggestion, I think people posting should only be able to hide the posts, while the owner can permanently delete them, since they still have to see them, I think that would be a better idea, if you guys can implement that into it, if not then you guys should try to do something about that, since it looks really bad. The only option I can see is making a new account to post in the thread and one to manage.)

And All my followers and people I follow are gone, which sucks (I never really cared that much about the ratings, apart from the different types. And I never cared about having a lot of followers) So that kinda irked me, but not as much as the other other stuff. Another minor complaint I have, is that the font on posts seems to have gotten smaller than it used to be, But I'm not sure if that's by choice or not, so Idk.

But, I really do like the togglable alerts for things, and the fact that we can choose what we get emails for. I like the idea of the forum based Rping and the fact that you can give people privileges, But I don't like how it's working currently.

In conclusion, There's a lot more things wrong with this than there are positives right now. (Especially for anyone who used any type of BBCode, or was really into it, like myself and others. Since it feels like we've been brushed to the side and before it felt like we were frowned upon for not wanting something to change because we learnt how to use it, and that made us an elite group) But the main reason I'm annoyed at this entire update, is that I was told by you guys (The mods) that you had been using all of this stuff, like the BBCode and that it was working well and was better in every way and was more flexible, so far I'm seeing none of that, So I'm not sure if I can trust you guys on what you say anymore, and that sucks.

But all in all, I don't mind the update, but I think you should've either asked people to be beta testers (I'd say people who used BBCode or who were big on it should've done it) Or advertised this as a Beta of the site update, I think it would've been more well received if you had done that, since people would see it as a work in progress that they could use and offer opinions and suggestion on. 

I do hope that you guys can fix everything, and I'll wait for a while until you can, so god speed Mods =D

No.

Some roleplays can't be moved because people haven't answered us yet. We have people working on roleplays right now. We have people working on other things right now. Calm down and let us get it sorted.

Is there a way to get an estimated timeframe as to when certain rps will be moved? Specifically ones that are fully updated with all questions in the support thread answered?

So I just woke up and saw the site (I saw it this morning, but I was too tired to actually check it out) But, I wanted to throw my two cents in the mix (I'll try not to be salty as you guys call it, but we'll see how it goes)

1. So, before I was annoyed about the BBCode changing and I was reassured that it was going to be fine and that you guys had already used it and liked it, so I was told not to knock it till I tried it, well I've tried it and I seriously hate it (I saw that you guys were still working on it and that's fine, but I would've have minded waiting a bit longer since BBCode was a big part of this site for me and most other people. But it is, what it is) and apart from the fact that all my code is broken and all formatting is gone and it just looks like a total mess, my main problem is that I can't begin to fix any of it, because of the limitedness of the Code available. (I remember you guys saying that we wouldn't lose any of that code, so I'm hoping it will be added. Like really hoping, because otherwise I won't be happy, but I still have some faith in you guys) So I'm really stuck on what to do here, because if you guys don't add the code back I can't fix any of my stuff (If it doesn't automatically fix itself, which will make me cry, cause I've got over two thousand posts, all of them with some sort of code in them)

2. Another problem I have, which is really kind of minor in comparison, but the fact that we can't delete posts anymore, just hide them. It just kind of ticks me off, because if you're a thread owner, you can still see them, which means that if you deleted posts in the past, they all show back up (Just as a suggestion, I think people posting should only be able to hide the posts, while the owner can permanently delete them, since they still have to see them, I think that would be a better idea, if you guys can implement that into it, if not then you guys should try to do something about that, since it looks really bad. The only option I can see is making a new account to post in the thread and one to manage.)

3. And All my followers and people I follow are gone, which sucks (I never really cared that much about the ratings, apart from the different types. And I never cared about having a lot of followers) So that kinda irked me, but not as much as the other other stuff. Another minor complaint I have, is that the font on posts seems to have gotten smaller than it used to be, But I'm not sure if that's by choice or not, so Idk.

But, I really do like the togglable alerts for things, and the fact that we can choose what we get emails for. I like the idea of the forum based Rping and the fact that you can give people privileges, But I don't like how it's working currently.

In conclusion, There's a lot more things wrong with this than there are positives right now. (Especially for anyone who used any type of BBCode, or was really into it, like myself and others. Since it feels like we've been brushed to the side and before it felt like we were frowned upon for not wanting something to change because we learnt how to use it, and that made us an elite group) But the main reason I'm annoyed at this entire update, is that I was told by you guys (The mods) that you had been using all of this stuff, like the BBCode and that it was working well and was better in every way and was more flexible, so far I'm seeing none of that, So I'm not sure if I can trust you guys on what you say anymore, and that sucks.

But all in all, I don't mind the update, but I think you should've either asked people to be beta testers (I'd say people who used BBCode or who were big on it should've done it) Or advertised this as a Beta of the site update, I think it would've been more well received if you had done that, since people would see it as a work in progress that they could use and offer opinions and suggestion on. 

I do hope that you guys can fix everything, and I'll wait for a while until you can, so god speed Mods =D

1. BBCode is in progress, as has been stated.

2. Users could never delete posts. Users had something called soft-delete, which meant that no user could see it. The mods still could. Hide is just another word for soft-delete.

3. That was a glitch, as has been said. Too bad, really. It sucks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a way to get an estimated timeframe as to when certain rps will be moved? Specifically ones that are fully updated with all questions in the support thread answered?

Not really. It'd take more time to get timeframes up then it would to move them. 

Also, there's this theme going of "I don't know if I can trust the mods". Honestly?

If you can't trust us after we've managed to not make the site explode for, like, nine years, that's your problem. We can't change you trusting us or not, I'm sorry to say, though I'd love to.

1. BBCode is in progress, as has been stated.

2. Users could never delete posts. Users had something called soft-delete, which meant that no user could see it. The mods still could. Hide is just another word for soft-delete.

3. That was a glitch, as has been said. Too bad.

So I try to approach this in a nice way and you're just rude about it, So congrats for making the mods seem like a bunch of arseholes, especially since you seem to be the most vocal about this whole thing.

And I've acknowledged that, so thanks for actually reading through my post. I Said that I don't mind, but I would've liked if it was put in while the site was down for a little bit longer, but sure whatever, ignore most of my post. That's completely fine.

That wasn't my point here, my point was that Thread owners shouldn't be forced to have to see those, they should also get the option to Soft Delete. And I'm sorry that I don't know about that because I'm not a mod, admin or owner of the site. I apologise for not having all the information in the world. It's honestly my fault there.

Too Bad? Really? Nevermind the fact that I said that I didn't mind too much, just ignore that bit completely, that's fine.

And thanks for acknowledging the rest of my post, because I didn't have any other complaints or points there; I guess you saw 'But I really do like' And then stopped reading, even though it continued onwards. If you look only for negativity, do you know what you'll find? 

Also, there's this theme going of "I don't know if I can trust the mods". Honestly?

If you can't trust us after we've managed to not make the site explode for, like, nine years, that's your problem. We can't change you trusting us or not, I'm sorry to say, though I'd love to.

I wonder why? 

Maybe it's because you guys promise things (Like everything working on this site after the update, BBCode being more flexible and things like that) And then none of that happens, even when you've promised it. Makes it hard to trust people when they can't keep their promises. So yeah, you've managed to not make the site explode for 9 years, So? Is that meant to negate all of the promises you've broken? Just because you guys have done alright in the past.

Honestly I don't have a problem with any of the other mods right now, It seems to be just you. But whatever, I guess respecting the people on your site isn't important to you. I can't say that for the rest of the mods, but you seem really condescending to people, because they have a couple of complaints about things you've done.

So I try to approach this in a nice way and you're just rude about it, So congrats for making the mods seem like a bunch of arseholes, especially since you seem to be the most vocal about this whole thing.

And I've acknowledged that, so thanks for actually reading through my post. I Said that I don't mind, but I would've liked if it was put in while the site was down for a little bit longer, but sure whatever, ignore most of my post. That's completely fine.

That wasn't my point here, my point was that Thread owners shouldn't be forced to have to see those, they should also get the option to Soft Delete. And I'm sorry that I don't know about that because I'm not a mod, admin or owner of the site. I apologise for not having all the information in the world. It's honestly my fault there.

Too Bad? Really? Nevermind the fact that I said that I didn't mind too much, just ignore that bit completely, that's fine.

And thanks for acknowledging the rest of my post, because I didn't have any other complaints or points there; I guess you saw 'But I really do like' And then stopped reading, even though it continued onwards. If you look only for negativity, do you know what you'll find? 

I wonder why? 

Maybe it's because you guys promise things (Like everything working on this site after the update, BBCode being more flexible and things like that) And then none of that happens, even when you've promised it. Makes it hard to trust people when they can't keep their promises. So yeah, you've managed to not make the site explode for 9 years, So? Is that meant to negate all of the promises you've broken? Just because you guys have done alright in the past.

Honestly I don't have a problem with any of the other mods right now, It seems to be just you. But whatever, I guess respecting the people on your site isn't important to you. I can't say that for the rest of the mods, but you seem really condescending to people, because they have a couple of complaints about things you've done.

I've been the person helping people for a couple days, of course I'm the most vocal. The other mods are doing useful things while I deal with you guys and help people. :)
I did read your positive comment, and appreciated them, but I didn't think they needed to be addressed. On trusting the mods, we can't change who you do and do not trust, that's your opinion. If you can't trust us, that's not our problem - that is entirely on you. I am not responsible for your emotions.

You should look in the update thread, which says things are not done. 

I don't mean to be condescending or rude. If you guys could look up previous questions/complaints and add to discussion, that'd honestly be great. What we don't need is repeated complaint after complaint.

This thread has gotten out of hand both on the mod and user side, and I apologize for that. If you don't believe I've respected you, that's fine, and I apologize for anything I've said that you find disrespectful.

That said, you've not been very respectful yourself, so I guess that ends up going both ways. You can have a problem with me to your heart's desire - if you want, you can go to admin contact and put in a complaint about me. :)

I hope you have a better experience with the mod team in future.

You know, I spent the last fifteen minutes working on a reply to your response. I had this excellent analogy about my roleplays being a set of paintings that I worked on for a year, the site update being an art dealer offering to move them into a fancy gallery, the update's failings represented by a drunk truck driver shipping my paintings into a lake and ruining them (or losing them) and you being the shipping company that just calls me "salty" in response to my righteous indignation. But as I was working on said response, the site kicked me back to the forum list, completely erasing the draft I was working on.

Furthermore, you seem to not understand that "salt" refers to misplaced or undeserved anger, like the kind a sore loser would exhibit from losing a video game, not a person having their entire body of work defaced or lost on this site. As @GingerBread stated, you've exhibited a very condescending tone, and you're making your entire department look bad. 

I understand you're starting to get upset as well from dealing with us, which is where this tone is coming from. So here's what I suggest: You take a break from this thread, let yourself calm down for a day, and have someone else take your place until you're ready to come back.

Oh, and by the way, I wasn't "calling out" the banned GM. I was simply indicating the banned user I use to test the glitch, so your more technically-inclined coworkers have a test bed. If it looked like I was trying to deface him, I apologize for the misunderstanding, but I considered it relevant information.

You know, I spent the last fifteen minutes working on a reply to your response. I had this excellent analogy about my roleplays being a set of paintings that I worked on for a year, the site update being an art dealer offering to move them into a fancy gallery, the update's failings represented by a drunk truck driver shipping my paintings into a lake and ruining them (or losing them) and you being the shipping company that just calls me "salty" in response to my righteous indignation. But as I was working on said response, the site kicked me back to the forum list, completely erasing the draft I was working on.

Furthermore, you seem to not understand that "salt" refers to misplaced or undeserved anger, like the kind a sore loser would exhibit from losing a video game, not a person having their entire body of work defaced or lost on this site. As @GingerBread stated, you've exhibited a very condescending tone, and you're making your entire department look bad. 

I understand you're starting to get upset as well from dealing with us, which is where this tone is coming from. So here's what I suggest: You take a break from this thread, let yourself calm down for a day, and have someone else take your place until you're ready to come back.

Oh, and by the way, I wasn't "calling out" the banned GM. I was simply indicating the banned user I use to test the glitch, so your more technically-inclined coworkers have a test bed. If it looked like I was trying to deface him, I apologize for the misunderstanding, but I considered it relevant information.

You're not paying for our service, which is run by volunteers, so it's hardly as if we're an art dealer.

The body of work should be restored at some point soon with the site reconstruction.

Yes, salt refers to misplaced anger. Why be angry with us? That helps nobody. At all.

It makes everybody who has worked hard on this update frustrated and less inclined to deal with things. We need to deal with things to fix them.

I have already apologized for any behavior that may have been considered disrespectful. If you have any further concerns, you can make a support request for admin contact.

I've been the person helping people for a couple days, of course I'm the most vocal. The other mods are doing useful things while I deal with you guys and help people. :)
I did read your positive comment, and appreciated them, but I didn't think they needed to be addressed. On trusting the mods, we can't change who you do and do not trust, that's your opinion. If you can't trust us, that's not our problem - that is entirely on you. I am not responsible for your emotions.

You should look in the update thread, which says things are not done. 

I don't mean to be condescending or rude. If you guys could look up previous questions/complaints and add to discussion, that'd honestly be great. What we don't need is repeated complaint after complaint.

This thread has gotten out of hand both on the mod and user side, and I apologize for that. If you don't believe I've respected you, that's fine, and I apologize for anything I've said that you find respectful.

That said, you've not been very respectful yourself, so I guess that ends up going both ways. You can have a problem with me to your heart's desire - if you want, you can go to admin contact and put in a complaint about me. :)

I hope you have a better experience with the mod team in future.

Have you been helping or running damage control? 

It wasn't just positive comments there though, there were negative ones in there as well, so I'm still not sure that you did, but whatever really. Too Bad, right?

I know things are not done, but my point, was that you should've done this as a beta period or got some beta testers in to see what was wrong. But sure, I don't know anything about this, I'm not a mod, Am I?

Well saying 'Too bad' isn't exactly the best thing to say to someone who's not exactly happy about how the site is right now, especially since I was one of the more vocal people about not wanting this update because I was worried about the BBCode, but I was told to stop being 'salty' and I don't want it to change because I like being part of an elite group, and now I'm pretty much getting the same thing. 

Is the problem, you guys just don't like being wrong? Because you keep saying that you're working on it and we shouldn't be complaining about it because of that, but half, if not all of my posts are near unreadable because of the coding being messed up, so I have to wait until that's fixed until I can get back to actually roleplaying, and if it isn't or can't be fixed, I'd have to either fix everything myself, or just give up on it, which I don't really want to do.

And so far, you guys have offered no solutions for the short term, just telling us to wait until it gets fixed, and we're not even sure if it will be, because we were promised that it would work anyway and that the BBCode would be more flexible and we haven't seen head nor tail of that.

And I was respectful, but I have a limit, like everyone else has. I can't read everyone's posts just like I'm sure you can't. So I say the problems that I have personally, you're not helping the situation by being rude about me bringing up these points; If you have to answer these things so many times, why not just copy and paste the answers you gave or link them? Wouldn't that be easier? Or should I look through every thread that has complaints about this?

And I already have, like I said, I don't have a problem with the rest of the admins, it seems to be just you. And I get that you've answered some of these things many times before, but that doesn't mean you have a right to be rude to someone that might've not read through Every Single post that had a complaint. So I'm sorry for not doing that; I will in future 

1. Have you been helping or running damage control? 

It wasn't just positive comments there though, there were negative ones in there as well, so I'm still not sure that you did, but whatever really. Too Bad, right?

2. I know things are not done, but my point, was that you should've done this as a beta period or got some beta testers in to see what was wrong. But sure, I don't know anything about this, I'm not a mod, Am I?

3. Well saying 'Too bad' isn't exactly the best thing to say to someone who's not exactly happy about how the site is right now, especially since I was one of the more vocal people about not wanting this update because I was worried about the BBCode, but I was told to stop being 'salty' and I don't want it to change because I like being part of an elite group, and now I'm pretty much getting the same thing. 

4. Is the problem, you guys just don't like being wrong? Because you keep saying that you're working on it and we shouldn't be complaining about it because of that, but half, if not all of my posts are near unreadable because of the coding being messed up, so I have to wait until that's fixed until I can get back to actually roleplaying, and if it isn't or can't be fixed, I'd have to either fix everything myself, or just give up on it, which I don't really want to do.

And so far, you guys have offered no solutions for the short term, just telling us to wait until it gets fixed, and we're not even sure if it will be, because we were promised that it would work anyway and that the BBCode would be more flexible and we haven't seen head nor tail of that.

5. And I was respectful, but I have a limit, like everyone else has. I can't read everyone's posts just like I'm sure you can't. So I say the problems that I have personally, you're not helping the situation by being rude about me bringing up these points; If you have to answer these things so many times, why not just copy and paste the answers you gave or link them? Wouldn't that be easier? Or should I look through every thread that has complaints about this?

6. And I already have, like I said, I don't have a problem with the rest of the admins, it seems to be just you. And I get that you've answered some of these things many times before, but that doesn't mean you have a right to be rude to someone that might've not read through Every Single post that had a complaint. So I'm sorry for not doing that; I will in future 

1. Little bit of both. :P

2. We decided to open up the site so people could continue roleplaying despite the absence of BBCode.

3. I've apologized for this more than once - if you have a complaint against a staff member you can follow a support request for admin contact.

4. I don't mind being wrong, I'm wrong a lot. We don't have any solutions short-term, unfortunately, and we're trying to put together some. You can complain, sure - but constructive criticism goes so much farther.

5. I'm sorry if you think I was rude. Stock answers are generally not used by staff, as they're impersonal and annoying. I'm just asking people to glance for threads before starting new ones.

6. I don't mind you having a problem with me, though I would prefer you not having such. Not asking you to read every post either - but there is a frequently asked questions thread which approached many of these issues here .

As this thread is devolving into disrespect on both sides, the staff have decided it close it. Feel free to make another thread to discuss issues in the new site!

The staff are also working on a guide to the new site, which should be up shortly. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back